• Pros

• "Easy, pleasurable interface to navigate. Also easy to train others on it, overall a great product. I loved working on it compared to others I have worked with. "

• "*Easy to use. *Lots of features. *Great Layout. *Constantly updating its users. "

• "I love how easy it is to use. Everything you could ask for in an EMR system."

• Cons

• "Sometimes it was a little bit laggy and crashed often during the work day. After a phone call to athena they were usually able to fix it quickly though. "

• "For us it was a little bit challenging to start using but that was about it, otherwise it seems very awesome"

• "Athena may not be tailor made to my specialty, but that is a small trade off for up time and interoperability"

Browse athenahealth EHR Reviews

Melanie from Designing

Medical clinic emr

Pros

I loved using Athenaclinicals. It has lots of helpful learning modules to help train staff. Creating reports was a big help as well.

Cons

Clearing claim holds is a challenge because the language is not alwats easy to interpret! Offering learning modules would help.

DIEGO ITZJAK from Borinquen health care center

Athena satisfactions

It has been overall satisfactory

Pros

Ability to obtain raw data to measure outcomes

Cons

Standards to ensure that table building spaces can easily be audited and evaluate outcomes on table spaces Reports and communicator have limited capabilities Uds data reporting and non use of super users to provide support

Reasons for Choosing athenahealth EHR

Quality reports and Uds table spaces

Bianca from 99 Mgmt

Athena vs RCM

Overall, Athena is a good EMR / EHR to use. You can also sign up for their billing portion and pay less to an RCM team so it gives you good options.

Pros

I like the fact that it gives clients the ability to both have an EMR / EHR and also outsource billing at the same time.

Cons

Sometimes the Athena team doesn't talk or convey information back to the billing management team. This can cause confusion in cases like accounts that have been sent to collections.

Colleen from BoulderCentre for Orthopedics

Athena review

For the most part excellent. Upgrades and updates seem to have slowed down and I think Athena has leaned more on the Market Place Vendors and less on enhancing included offers. I have made suggestions over the years and have given up as I do not feel the suggestions postings are something that Athena has been able to keep up with.

Pros

Claims scrubbing software. Our claims go out clean and are paid quickly. Support with MIPS. Reporting capability. Athena Text messaging. Versatility, software runs on any device. Athena text messaging. Monthly account manager calls and metrics. Partnership. Ease of creating order sets and working in clinicals. Market place partnerships are great and enhance the software and functions. Not afraid to be disruptive and things up looking for best and innovative practices.

Cons

Collector and Communicator insurance card copy do not communicate. Hoping one day soon you will be able to interface with EPIC. The reporting is so good that sometimes I need more support to ensure I am selecting the correct criteria.

Reasons for Choosing athenahealth EHR

User friendly, partnership, and overall program functions. Collector (claims scrubbing software), reporting, training, training/test site and learning portal. I had an on boarding team with Athena and my practice. The support and time we took to on board were invaluable. I loved Athena's Mission, values and vision. The MV&V was once on business cards, I really liked that, not sure what happened and haven't checked to see if it changed.

Angelique from HAPPI, Inc

Great reports, poor customer service

Athena has a great and robust reporting module especially helpful for practices attesting for meaningful use and PCMH, the problem with this is that it is difficult to do on your own and requires a Customer service ticket which takes a long time to get answered. The charting is easy once you get your templates setup. If you do not do this on the front end (during implementation) getting help to do later is impossible and you will need help as it is not very intuitive. Many templates were lost during one of their upgrades without warning so it has been difficult to rebuild them. We have grown and added locations while on Athena and because they are your primary biller if they do not verify all of the credentialing that you send them you cannot bill. This was problematic because you cannot directly talk to the persons doing this there is always a go-between with Athena. I love the EPCS for patients requiring a schedule, as a pediatrician I have quite a few ADHD pts and nice not to worry about assessing where prescriptions really lost! No need for paper. However, with one of their upgrades, I can no longer save medications so must write sig and quantity for every medication each time which is time-consuming. Lastly, the promised billing has failed our practice. The workflow was to be we would not need a biller and get increased revenue with clean claims. We see a large Medicaid population and were not told that they had virtually no experience with that and even going to them with specifics as to the problem it would still take upwards a month to fix. Not only have we not gotten rid of our biller but increased his time as many Medicaid claims he submits thru the portal yet Athena charges us for this. The account managers are unavailable in meetings vacations or no longer with the company. Pros: Reporting, Easy charting once template is created, EPCS, Integration of charges to the superbill Cons: Customer support, E-prescribing, Not reasonable expectation to not need a biller, Overpriced, not a good fit if you are a practice that adds services, providers, or locations, must use their bank to receive payments and then it takes 1-2 days to get transferred to your business account

Peter from HealthStar Physicians, P.C.

EHR

We still have issues with multiple ICD 10 dx being accounted for by the health insurance companies for patient visit billing. The billing information is limited to a certain number of codes per claim. For complicated patients with multiple problems the claims do not transition over to the insurance company. Usually only the top 4 would. Some patients can have as many as 20 codes per annual encounter.

Pros

Relatively easy to use after training and some oversite during implementation

Cons

It has little functionality for the large multi specialty group for customization. It doesnt allow quick review of the ongoing story and treatment plan for chronic diseases. Medication flow charts are lacking for chronic disease management. The present ones are too cumbersome and time consuming to customize.

Reasons for Choosing athenahealth EHR

Leasing option was the best option only given by Athena at that time. Also our billing Dept was impressed with the Athena software for claims rules to prevent and reduce the claim denials.

NEIL from South Nassau Medical Group

Athena review

Pros

Athena was the first EMR I used when converting from paper charts. There was a huge learning curve and only because of the expertise of a well trained hospital employee were we able to survive the transition. It slowed us down but our notes and billing were improved.

Cons

I wish you could open 2 windows at once like other EMRs. The reason I would never recommend this system is because they were unable to help us merge charts from one athena chart to another. We were forced to change our Tin number when our hospital was acquired by another hospital system. They said they couldn't carry information like consults,lab trends,imaging reports and pretty much everything we needed to make a smooth transition. I could understand if we were changing form Epic to Athena. This made no sense and in the ever changing medical environment with acquisitions happening on a frequent basis I would be very wary about using this system. It has been a complete disaster for me and everyone I know in our medical group.

Teegan from National University of Health Sciences

Some good features, but bad layout

It served its purpose while I was in school and I think it was chosen because it worked with multiple disciplines, but I never considered it for my own practice after graduation. It was too slow and not customizable enough.

Pros

The templates and text shortcuts were probably the best part of this software. The ability to add drop down menus and text boxes to your text shortcuts was extremely helpful for creating templates. The ability to share those shortcuts was also very useful for providing the same template to multiple people. Epocrates, which is the prescription side of Athena was also very nice for looking up drug interactions.

Cons

The layout of this software is terrible. Very confusing and it takes a lot of clicking to access any part of the patients chart. Not to mention switching between different sections of the chart requires the doctor who click and wait for the new page to load. This would have been much better if Athena used a more standard SOAP format all on one page.

Megan from UTMC

Athena Review

This is the only medical record system I have used so overall I am pleased with the system.

Pros

The overall presentation is simple and functional; the schedule preview page is one of my favorite features and the ability to select which providers schedules you wish to preview allows for easy access.

Cons

Inability to complete full psych treatment plans directly in the system; we have to use a separate system to develop ISPs and transfer into Athena.

Brianna from Integrity Rehab Group

My only experience with a medical system

Basic checking in and out, billing, prescription writing

Pros

With the new update, after searching a patient, you're able to get to different parts of their charts, avoiding unnecessary clicking

Cons

I wasn't a fan. Running reports if difficult, not a lot of report options. Authorizations are difficult to track

Julie from Northeast Iowa Family Practice Center

Bells and whistles

We are a Family Medicine Residency which makes managing the clinic more complex for us than most clinics because our providers are all part-time, there's Faculty over site of the Residents, and they are learning. We went live 2 1/2 years ago with 75 end-users and have been very successful with Athena. Implementation took about 2 1/2 months and was up to full schedules within 5 weeks of go-live. We've added on Dulcian CCM software which has helped us earn a lot of income doing CCM just documenting time we were missing in our old EHR. We've also implemented electronic check in which has helped get more historical information in our charts and more screeners completed on our patients. We realized a 1 FTE decrease in Medical Records and have realized savings in other areas.

Pros

There are lots of bells and whistles built into the software and they are moving towards releasing more and improving all the time. Free interfaces make life so much easier for us! Athena listens to users when developing the software, they are visionary with future software needs in order to meet MIPS requirements. Implementation was big but there were people helping us through each step. We have an amazing Account Manager and meet with him once a month to go over open issues and discuss financials. Athena is overall a very forward-thinking company. Athena Marketplace has lots of add-on features to help make your staff's lives easier. We've acclimated well.

Cons

The tickler system for follow up visits are subject to user errors and need constant review. However, honestly, most recall appointment tools usually do because patients just don't return on time or try to get as much time in between visits as possible. Task assignment over rides (TAO) take some getting used to and are hard to filter for some incoming document situations. I wish there were more filters on the TAOs. Our patients feel like we over-communicate with them so if you go with Athena, make sure you start asking the patients their communication preferences from the first new appointment they schedule with you. It's important to get phone calls unchecked if they do not want reminders in several ways for the same thing. Call campaigns to get patients back in for visits are embellished with their wording and can contradict what you said in your message. ie: You do not need an appointment to get your labs drawn. Then Athena adds You are due for an appointment in the email and you don't even know they are saying that to patients so something to watch. All software has things we wish were different.

Reasons for Choosing athenahealth EHR

More freedom to do what we wanted with the product. We're a clinic and Epic was more of a software to use for a hospital system.

Stephen from Pediatric Associates of Greater Salem

AthenaHealth meets our needs

My previous experience is with a large health organization with a home grown EHR. As I was involved in the design of that system, I was initially worried about moving to a vendor product. Thankfully that design experience helped me in the transition over to Athena and allowed my organization to anticipate and mitigate issues with data conversion and implementation that many organizations struggle with when changing systems. Overall our transition was smooth and resulted in minimal loss of productivity.

Pros

Easy to use with an intuitive interface that works well for ambulatory providers Company is responsive to issues and "flow-busters" Near zero downtime Revenue stream up significantly

Reasons for Choosing athenahealth EHR

In evaluating systems, far too many providers underestimate the human factors in transition and only focus on the bottom line cost. I've seen many institutions pay low money up front for a system only to be nickel and dimed for every customization. This is not the case with Athena. There may be a higher up front cost with Athena per user, but down the road, these costs balance over time. As someone with a significant amount of EHR design knowledge, I find most of the comments have been over the fact that this system doesn't cater to the individual, but the truth of the matter is that in order for a could based system to function effectively, it must meet the needs of the majority rather than the individual.

Keith from The Medical Center at Ocean Reef, Inc

Modular Flexibility and 24/7 Access with Value

Great experience for over 8 years now; many of my peers wish they had switched to Athena once they see the capabilities of the product.

Pros

I have seen this software grow over the years and now have friends using it within multiple different services lines in the healthcare industry. Some of the key pros I can think of quickly include: - Flexibility, (features and design allow of different service locations, and different physicians within the same practice to see/edit EMR information to fit the individual) - Transparency, (live EMR, Practice Management, Quality Management information is real time) - ACCESS, simultaneous information access by multiple personnel in the same (or different) practice location I personally use the product to manage primary care, imaging, laboratory, and physical therapy business lines simultaneously - Communication with team members and patients by methods of preference (patients can select how they prefer to receive communications (phone, email, text or all) - Customer service, both online and by phone access the clients get answers to questions quickly. - Fantastic Online training syllabus. Staff and watch interactive videos to learn new (and more efficient) techniques to use the software in daily tasks. The training material is available 24/7 and moves at the pace the employee prefers. - Remote access, key team members and physicians can access the information from anywhere at anytime greatly improving communications.

Cons

Advancement requests,or recommendations for improvements, from clients are rated and scored by clients across the system, which is a great design! Recommendations from the User Community require time to develop, grade, prioritize and implement. Eventually, the highest costumer rated recommendations get attention and are implemented with accuracy; just takes time.

Sharyl from Midwest Pain Institute Center for Minimally Invasive Spine

Athena creates EHR efficiency for medical practices

As stated above, since our Athena "Go Live" 2 1/2 years ago I have been able to reduced our medical practice overhead, reduce staff, all while increasing revenue, and providing to our providers and staff a manageable clinic day. At the end of each day, all messages and calls are returned to patients and the days charts completed.

Pros

I have worked with and launched four other EHR's. When people ask me what I like most about AthenaNet, I tell them that "Athena just makes sense." We have a very busy medical practice seeing over 35 patients each day in our clinic along with answering over 60 triage messages on the phone or through the patient portal daily. Since our Athena "Go Live" 2 1/2 years ago I have been able to reduced practice overhead while increasing revenue, all while providing a manageable clinic day for our providers and staff. At the end of each day, all messages and calls are returned to patients and the days charts completed. Our success has been mostly do to Athena's ability to streamline our patient visit process from check-in to check-out, plus communication with patients outside of the patient visit. Our check-in process with co-pays, scanning insurance information and updating demographics, day of visit medication updates, and insurance verification have significantly reduced check-in time. Providers are able to view imaging within the patient's chart allowing clinical decisions and patient concerns addressed during the visit, along with orders placed using custom templates and patient information printed with patient identification barcode on each page that we designed to create an efficient process at intake, exam and check-out all in the exam room. In addition, billing and dictation are typically completed either during the exam, or before the end of that day.

Cons

The CSC process needs to get better. With the new CSC Create a Case process issues and problems are difficult to get resolved with one phone call. Many times my issue needs to be escalated, not able to be solved by the person on the phone.

Small to medium business EHR Solutions

Overall, this is a decent solution. We have grown exponentially as a non-profit and it's quite possible that we could have gotten a bigger product like Epic or Allscripts, but Athena fit what we needed at the time and changing it would be... intense. It has ushered our care into the digital age, and I think if you are a small or medium sized business Athena would fit the bill nicely for all of its features and usability.

Pros

We use AthenaHealth every day. The portal is easy to use and implement (users simply configure a browser, login). Their help desk is pretty decent. For a small to medium business looking for an Electronic Medical Portal for their staff to use, Athena would make a great alternative to larger options like Epic or Allscripts. It supports proprietary devices (payment processing, or card and check scanning devices) which can be a pain but makes purchasing and insurance scans and patient registration and charting easy overall. Updates seem to be fairly streamlined and well-communicated (happen quite often) and don't seem to impact care unless it's a larger update. Athena has a backup domain (if their site does down) as well as stack updates for troubleshooting down times with different components of the EHR which is VERY helpful.

Cons

Most changes are up-voted, which means that they are voted on by other agencies trying to get their changes implemented as most valuable. Things like Billing and Patient Care do not streamline well enough yet together--they work in two separate constructs, so our billing is constantly having to rework the way that they bill to fit the way Athena works with Patient Care. Troubleshooting with our medical assistants can sometimes be complex with Athena, so for more complex issues, the help desk might take you to two or three different folks to solve an issue. The Help Desk has become more complex making it harder to navigate ticketing. It was simpler to put in a ticket prior to the changes.

Sheena from Litchfield Hills Family Medicine, LLC

5 Star Review

Our office went live with Athena Communicator and Collector in September of 2013. We had previously used 2 other billers and schedulers/management systems at that point and I have to say we are all glad that we chose Athena. The customer service department and our implementation team were beyond helpful. We appreciate that Athena is ever changing, and always looking to improve the ease of business and quality of care. As we know, no product is ever perfect, but Athena comes pretty darn close. The team at Athena actively listens to concerns and suggestions from their customers. I have dealt with many companies who "understand your struggle" but can't do anything about it or "are very sorry, but that's just the way it is". Athena, is NOT that type of company. They have interactive message boards that you can talk to other practices having issues and also Athena team members, so together a plan can be created to alleviate the problems you are having. Not to say EVERYTHING can be as perfect as you want it, but there have been enough changes in Athena where the direct action was taken from a concern or complaint that makes us as a customer feels valued and understood. A real testament to Athena should be that we looked at their Clinicals product in 2013, but our provider didn't see enough of what he was looking for to change from our current EMR to Athena Clinicals at that time. However, at the end of 2016 we revisited the idea and did some more demos, the Clinical product has changed so much (in a good way) that we have chosen to switch and are looking at implementation in March of 2017. All of our office staff and our providers feel that Athena is a solid product that helps us streamline our workflows and provide better patient care. We are very excited to embark on our next Athena journey and couldn't be happier with the products and support.

Pros

Ease of Use, Rarely any system downtimes or system issues, Receptive customer service and account managers, Transparency you can see everything that has happened and who did it

Cons

This product is the most costly that we have used, however, we have definitely made more in revenue by using Athena than not.

Jennifer from Britt and Hamre Companies, LLC

Consultant with AthenaNet in different practices

My business partner and I have had extensive experience with AthenaNet and EMRs, in general within a spread of different medical practices. AthenaNet is similar to any other EMR in that it works really well for some practices and not as well in others.

Pros

The billing component is extremely beneficial though, I have found that some of my offices have thought that is does ALL billing. (Again, I think it's a lack of understanding and initial training.) The access to helpline is great. Having a live person to talk to has been helpful. (It's sometimes can take longer periods of time to come to a solution but they normally stay patient until there is a solution. I've been on the phone with help desk for up to 3 hours before.) Educational videos are always available for staff to turn back to. Live in-office trainings would help AthenaNet to be more successful. (I had a cardiologist go-live with AthenaNet then 3 weeks later returned back to his original EMR. I believe it was because of the lack in training. Physicians don't typically take time to watch training videos.) The EMR continues to evolve based changes in health care. AthenaNet assigning scanned paper work to patient charts.

Cons

Common complaints we hear from physicians, staff and admin - there is a lot of scrolling within a patient chart. Yes, you can jump using links but it takes a lot of retraining old habits. Quality Reports can't be adjusted - such as running reports for quality measures for different time periods for in-office comparison. Dates within reports don't show up in the header when printed. Defaults are practice wide and can't be adjusted.

jeffrey from FACSJ

Works well...

Hi. Quite surprised to read other reviews actually. Im a pod... starting in private practice with emr "Cerner"... hated it. always have, always will...although it has been at least 2 yrs since I've seen Cerner in action. My wife, another doctor, actually uses practice fusion...one of the many free online web based servers. I started with athena bc to me, starting out on my own (literally), it was the easiest one-stop-shop. Learning the system is not hard, it is quite easy. From beginning to end, I can literally -meet/greet/take copays, finish intake, perform and document my exam, treat the patient, proceed to check out and r/s and finally to billing- in all of...maybe 10-15 min...thats with NO staff. Done, seen, treated, billed! I like that. If a new patient, will be bit longer of course with intake, BUT that step is very rate limiting depending on who you have doing it. I find ease, use and flow to be great. Rarely glitches, but yes there are some. Can easily work on 3-4 charts at once.

Pros

ease of use, it really is good. work on multiple charts at one time rarely glitches or down time Athena is certainly closer to a "practice fusion"... very user-friendly..set up more like navigating to/through a web browser/site then "medical-based program" can use your own templates, but they claim to have many (i ONLY use my own- never even once tried athena's) CS is NOT like most reviews are stating... I have used the Athena CS/help/claims helpline many, many, many times, and 90% of the time, issues gets resolved quickly.

Cons

the cost of course. the larger you are/more pts/billing, perhaps better the rate you will get. that is the only thing for me really.... do I want a free based software that I may or may not like, and then pay for a biller? or pay for my own cloud-based billing software....? and then, of course, you have to check up on everything.... hmm. Its less worry and less need for staff if you ask me. Again, I just started out and although I have a steady flow of pts, my opinions may change if I were seeing 45-60 pts/day with a staff of 5-10 behind the counter.... For me, now, I am more than comfortable with Athena. I like them and I like the program. Only real con I see (which I think u can manage/manipulate/pay for on different basis) the pt statements. Meaning, pts that owe the office money... Athena apparently sends out THREE (3) statements per month (..think ?this is correct). The issue is, the office has NO CONTROL over which statements go out. For a real example, I had a pt call the office re his bill/statement for $. Another patient called in for one that had a balance of $ of course probably copays and coinsurance, however, Athena completely misses sending other statements for much larger balances. So, it's kind of random. I have multiple pts with an outstanding balance or even $!

Donna from Surgical Associates of Western NY PC

Better than the rest

Our practice has been using Athena for our practice management software for over 10 years and we implemented the Athenaclinicals EMR in 09/2012.

Pros

Athenaclinicals has made Meaningful Use a manageable task by providing us with resources such as a checklist, status list and recommendations to meet Meaningful Use. Also they stay informed about the latest regulations and changes so that we can focus more on treating our patients and managing our practice. The billing functionality has definitely helped improve our A/R as well as assist us in tracking encounters to ensure we bill everything our providers do. Their credentialing functionality has also been helpful in assisting with enrollment and credentialing verification. The EMR and charting functionality is very comparable to other available software.

Cons

The biggest issue we have run into in the past year is with regards to customer service. Athena has changed the way they handle issues that cannot be resolved by your initial CSC call. The only way to "speak to" or contact the people working on your issue is via Athena email. Unfortunately, this leads to miscommunication, confusion, frustration and delays in resolution. Completing certain tasks are more cumbersome than necessary, at least based on the opinions of our providers and staff. They feel they have to click more "buttons" and complete more "steps" to get to their end result eg. check-in, processing documents, charting. Athena has so many different features and functionality that it is difficult to make sure you are utilizing the software to it's fullest capabilities for your practice and specialty.

JANETTE from EDGARDO G ALICAWAY, MD PC

June 2016

Doing very well with athenahealth as our EMR

Pros

I like that athenahealth is always getting ahead of new changes in the medical community so that we are easily transitioned into, say, ICD 10. I like that athenahealth is really pro-active in helping the medical practices to streamline their office to meet these changes head-on without fear of being left hanging out to dry on, say, getting paid on time. I like that athenahealth provides you with a terrific support group of CSC folks who will take your calls or read your questions/inquiries and find the answers for you. I mean, honestly, I usually don't have time to go and look for the answers myself in the library and training videos (although for those who do have the time, these are great tools) so I am so very, very glad that I have a great support team behind me. I like that athenahealth allows us to share medical information for our patients, after their consent, to other medical practices and/or hospitals easily because the patient's medical care is the most vital aspect in this service community. I like that athenahealth is really very respectful of the fine line between helping the practice flourish and not stepping on toes or overstepping their role.

Cons

Lately, when using the message board for asking questions that aren't too urgent, I find that the response takes more than a couple of weeks. It used to be that the turnaround time was a week at the most. When the response is so late, I forget what my questions were and I have to go back to re-investigate so I can resolve the issue. I've read a lot of other posts about calling in and being put on hold for a long time. When we first started with athenahealth, I did not have that trouble and I was calling upwards of 10x a day on a daily basis for a while. Lately, I rarely call but thankfully, I haven't been put on hold for more than 5 minutes. And I still do like having the ability to call when my question is urgent and I can get the help I need right away.

June 2015

Donna from Peter E Masucci MD PC

June 2015

athenaOne means success in healthcare delivery

Pros

A trusted partner that helps us both our clinical and business model so we can successfully care for our pediatric patients and keep our doors open. I like the model that they don't make money unless we do so they just don't sell us software and forget about us and the needs of our practice. Having them constantly monitoring the healthcare environment, researching and developing products and tools means we stay on the cutting edge and can survive no matter what is sent our way by insurers, contracts, regulators and government.

Cons

Hard to answer this question because there is very little we don't like. Sure do we wish they would provide us with more developmental scored screens on the portal and help us to become even more paperless. It is not a doc in a box and the user needs to be engaged and collaborate with athenahealth to utilize and optimize the product. I don't see this as a negative. Athenahealth is growing at 30% per year and we need them to keep their pulse on the not losing the service model and support they have built their co-sourcing model on. Healthcare management has gotten more complicated and cumbersome and bridging the gap with what Athena has to offer and what practices need is a must.

Molly from Molly Katz, MD

I LOVE IT!

We've been using Athenahealth since 10/2010. The first year of transition took some preparation each evening before seeing the next day of patients BUT entering the notes was my pre-visit preparation and I really got to know my patients! We designed our templates, I write and use templated notes for results - my patients get their results within hours after I receive them, and their PCP gets a copy of my note after each visit. No more calls/postage - and I have documentation that our patient opened my note and received her result! Patients appreciate our getting things "right" and enjoy have access to their chart through the portal. Since 10/11, I walk out of the office 5 minutes after my last patient leaves; all the bills are dropped as patients leave. I do about 15-20 minutes of online charting and calling on days I'm not in the office - from the airport, on vacation, etc. Minor issues are handled by email. The last of our paper charts is scheduled for shredding soon!

Pros

It is designed for me. Information is at my fingertips and I can personalize each visit just as I did with paper. No filing, no searching. Very helpful have Epocrates built into the Rx field. I've never had an issue with support not addressing my issue.

Cons

If you don't type, you won't appreciate any EMR - I take advantage of HPI, notes and Assessment fields to write/type the same note I would write in the past. (Now it's legible.) Miss having Up To Date coordinated with the chart. The system has been "out" only once in our experience - fortunately, Athena was very responsive and we were running again before we found pen/paper.

Elene from B. Elene Brandt, MD

Amazing ease of use for providers.

EMRs are dinosaurs and no other industry would accept the dysfunction that we do (because CMS forces us to). Athena updated in May 2016 and now it is even more functional. I have a solo practice. I have ADD and scanning up and down the page to add details was exhausting. Now the sections (Review/HPI/ROS/PE/A&P) are at the top and I can go back and forth easily. If the patient gives me more details during the A and P then I just click on HPI and add the details, then click on A and P again. No scanning. While I am working on the progress note, I can go to diagnosis list, med list, lab and x-ray results, previous visits without going out of the note. The day is much less painful. Unfortunately, I am paying way too much and they will not renegotiate so be aggressive before you sign up. Customer support is good. As the provider base has grown, the support gets less effective. I know more than many of the support staff. They tell me things cannot be done and I have to figure out, often by mistake, how to do what I want. The implementation coordinator did not understand much of what she was doing and after implementation, it is almost painful to fix basic things. Much of it has not been fixed. The first year I almost went under financially and I spent all my savings to survive. My revenues are still not what they were. It did not help that Athena lost $ worth of checks and did not help me get them re-issued.

Pros

Ease of completing progress notes. Really really easy referrals. Accessibility of lab and imaging results. Consult notes not lost. Nothing lost. Confirmations by the system. Eligibility checked repeatedly. They have an interface with all the labs already so you don't have to pay to reinvent the wheel.

Cons

I hate the letter format and cannot get it fixed. The financial piece promised much more than it actually does.

Vicki from BMI Surgery SC

EHR for Doctors Office

We really have not had any issues on the EHR side with Athena. I have run into some issues on the billing side and processing of payments, etc.

Pros

The implementation was easy to set-up. Athena was a big help in creating forms and letters. The tempplates are easy to set-up and modify as well. Once the forms have been created you can also make changes to them as well. The order of the check-in through check-out process is set-up in a way that is easy to navigate and goes in order of how you treat your patient. The best part is that Athena takes care of the MIPS, MACRA, etc data that is needed for Medicare without adding additional work for the staff. I like the fact that there are less documents that require scanning, since all of our faxes go directly into the system and are attached directly to the patient's record. The reporting options are also very good with this system.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about the software, other than it would be nice to track letters that are sent to the patients. So you can print off collection letters or follow-up letters and it would automatically record that a letter went to the patient, without you having to make a notation.

Reasons for Choosing athenahealth EHR

We had already been using the billing side of Athena health for several years, it was just a better option for us to add the EHR side. To keep everything in one system and not lose all of the data we already had with Athena.

Christina from Ann Arbor Rheumatology

Look at all EMR/EHR options

We have been with Athena now for about 5 years. This is the first and only EMR I or my staff have experience with so we have nothing to compare it to. As with anything, Athena has its pros and cons. When you call customer service, hold times are typically short and you speak to helpful people. When we first started, and up until recently, Athena was very easy to use, intuitive, and everything was at the tips of your fingers, as far as the chart and scheduling, until they implemented what they call Streamlined. It's not streamlined, at all. It's terrible. It is very difficult to use, to find documents, and it's not easy to use or intuitive. And they force you to label documents which are very time consuming and our office doesn't benefit from it. Streamlined has slowed down everyone from the doctors to the administrative staff. It has added an additional 5-8 minutes to tasks. When referring patients to other doctors it was extremely simple until streamlined. Now it is extremely difficult. Check in takes way to long with the many many clicks you must do. They have changed the insurance packages and combined many that shouldn't be and it makes it very difficult for claim follow up and to run reports. The billing aspect is a bit more difficult, always has been. You must watch the posting team of Athena. They make many mistakes, such as billing the contractual write off to the patient, double posting payments, repeatedly asking for information like the log in info after its already been provided, not posting remits that were sent to them, posting to the wrong accounts, writing off balances that are payable without you knowing. You get the picture.

Pros

Pleasant customer service reps Athena will submit claims

Cons

Time consuming Posting team makes many errors Not user friendly Charting is very difficult Intake is time consuming

Luis from Family First Health

The Best EHR, but can be even better

Pros

- SO easy to use - Has excellent and easily accessible customer support - Has a system to "vote" for new ideas and improvements from users - Maximizes workflow and efficiency - Allows for fair amount of customization for organizational needs

Cons

While Athena as an organization has a platform to vote on and suggest ideas, they seem less interested in improving the product that they have and more interested in moving forward as the EHR of the future. While I appreciate their aspirations, as a user, I think it would behove them to take a pause and a deep listen to what the users are asking for to improve upon what they already have. The product they have is great, but there are small glitches and ways in which it could be even more smooth and seamless and maximize profit for the users. A great example is that they don't have a well developed way of interlinking CPT2 codes to the necessary places. All this has to be done manually by the users and it is a very clunky and time consuming process. CPT2 codes are the way of the future where insurance companies will be utilizing them to quantify quality. If Athena continues to ignore this gaping lack of service, they will lose clients to other programs (i.e. Epic) which have integrated this process more fully. Athena could benefit from not just listening but acting on what FQHCs have been telling them for years as ultimately this will put them ahead of the game and prepare them for the future of medicine.

catherine from Cross Island Medical Center

truly the easiest EMR/billing system to use

5 years ago, during the quality reporting for reimbursement, Athena made it so simple and easy that i was shocked to learn that it took a fellow friend 2 months to complete her reporting where it took me 30 minutes. providing patients with detailed information on their insurance benefits and the life of claim creates better communication and cohesion for the clinic/patient relationship. as a provider, the easy customization for templates, use of templates and the ability to actively follow medical orders (referrals, lab orders, pharm scripts) and their order created-results received "circular completion" making quick response corrections easier as well. having online doctor information, calculating by type of physician, practice, distance from your location and easy searches is a delightful feature for scribes and physicians alike. i have used an number of EMR systems, web-based and online, and this is by far the best i have ever used.

Pros

from the clerical input, insurance checking/info response, patient input, dx order features, sign off and the visual, detail of the LIFEspan of a claim, orders require "circle completion," the ease of quality reporting requirements...i could go on an on with the amazing functionality features of this program.

Cons

it is expensive, but it eliminates the need to hire for areas of administration. what I would pay for 1-3 people to do, Athena provides an entire team of people, thus creating a quicker turn around time for appeals, the need to call insurance companies. the implementation period is overwhelming, and going live will make you question yourself and your desicion. but, so worth it.

Kimberly from Main Street Pediatrics

Medical practice--My way

AthenaHealth EHR is an affordable way for a small practice to have a quality EHR. I pay a percent of my collections. I like the tie between what I get paid determines what Athena gets paid. That gives Athena a healthy interest in my business' financial performance.

Pros

I love that I have the ability to customize my order sets and templates. I also like that I can draw on the expertise of other medical practice templates so that I didn't have to re-invent the wheel in many instances!

Cons

Sometimes there is a hesitation in changing "pages". It is a cloud based software so my local internet and the internet where the software is located do play into the speed of use.

Maia from Silicon Valley Pain Center

Comprehensive, reliable

I have been with AthenaHealth for 5 years, and it has been significantly better than my previous system. Very robust system, but takes time to learn the functions. Transition to streamlined version was difficult at first, but actually does save time and makes sense, and is mirrors the actual patient encounter better.

Pros

It has taken away the work of the office for attaining Meaningful Use. Report creation allows you to drill down on clinical information or financial information easily. Patients love the ability to communicate with the office on their time. Much less time calling patients to remind them of their bills or appointments. Athena does your filing for you, or you can barcode documents and they automatically get filed correctly.

Cons

System takes a long time to master. Sometimes have to wait on hold for support (not in India). Billing and follow-up still needs to be done by office, even though the bills go out electronically by athena. Athena does not do very much to follow up on the problem bills, and will not contact patients, other than to send reminders of bills due.

Theresa from Kidney & Hypertension Specialists

How wonderful it is

Our office has been using Athena since 2007. We first started with the collector ( billing and scheduling) it made the entire process easy with the ability to see if there were any mistakes before the claim was sent out. In 2011 we started in the clinical (EHR) and I can say without reservation that it is by far the most user-friendly system I have ever worked with. From the management point of it there is nothing better than getting a bill and knowing that there are no hidden fees. Also, it was a revelation to finally get an upgrade without having to pay extra for it.

Pros

I wish there was just one thing that I can say sticks out in the pro column however that would not be true. Everything about Athena is a pro. From the way you can depend on the system, and how easy it is to use. To the people who work there. I have never had a bad experience when dealing with the customer service center.

Cons

Sometimes it does take a few minutes to get to the customer service center. There may be times that you may need to be transferred to someone else but for the most part that does not happen often.

pamela from kingsbury primary care

I Thank God Every Day for AthenaHealth EHR

I work in an internal medicine office. We deal with any and all kinds of medical issues. We also deal with any and all kinds of insurances. We have an integrated Athena product of scheduling, clinical and billing. I can navigate from billing issues and re submissions, to finding when a patient had his last tetnus shot, to printing out an order for a mammogram. The ease, fluidity and quality of the electronic medical records is unsurpassed only by the customer service. I thank God everyday for Athena because my life as an office manager is made 200% easier by Athena. Just today I had a patient who needed his medical records for a specialist. I was able to fax his records within ten seconds to the other doctor and didnt miss a beat. I also can make reports on any number of issues that are important to the practice. The clinical part of the EHR is practical, intuitive and gives you access to so many aspects of the patient's needs; from quality updates on preventive care, current meds and history. Athenahealthcare makes practicing medicine less stressful and more productive.

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to work with. Billing is great and the rules based system is so helpful and our errors are less than 1% because of it.

Cons

That my internet is not as fast as the capability of the EHR.

Liz from Private Practice

Industry: Mental Health Care

Psychotherapist in Private Practice using Athenahealth

Overall I really like this system. I am not a computer person and I do my own billing. I was able to teach myself how to use the system. It is a little complicated to enter all the patient information and confirm the insurance information. However, once the patient is in the system, I can do weeks billing for 40 patients in one hour.

Pros

Easy to use once the patient is registered into the system. Some of the reports are too complicated for my needs but would be good for a larger practice. The customer support people are great when you are trying to learn the system. You are also assigned a contact person who follows up with you weekly or monthly depending on your needs. My person has been very helpful. The payments come in quickly and the money is directly deposited in your bank account -- this insures a more steady cash flow.

Cons

I was told that there would be more customer support for unpaid claims collection -- when the insurance refuses payment. There has not been as much support as I hoped there would be. Since I have a small practice, there are more parts to the system than I need. I wish there was a way to turn off those functions. For example, clients pay me their co-pay directly, so I don't need the billing function. I can block it in the system, but the payments show up as unpaid balances and there is no way to erase those amounts. To be fair, this is also because I do not want to log in the system for each client and enter the co-pays at each visit -- so I am not really using the system as designed. The charge per month seems high to me -- you can not pay less than $ / month. I wish there were a pro-rated scale based on a number of payments -- a percentage of what I actually receive.

Cate from AllianceHealth Oklahoma

Our "Alliance" with Athena

As a smaller local hospital we did not utilize Athena for our hospital ERM however our physicians network did. The system utilized by the hospital and Athena utilized by the physicians network did not communicate therefore information would need to be manually obtained for a patient who had a primary care physician within our own network that had been admitted to our hospital. Confusing for both nursing staff and the patient who was having to give a complete history and physical all over again. I was granted access to the Athena to act a liaison between hospital and physician. I found while utilizing Athena that it provided a valuable quick overview of patient demographics, medical history, medications, etc. However, while reviewing things such as medications I found that the system allowed not only for duplications but for entries to be saved as "free text" or saved while incomplete (missing drug strength, frequency, etc.). I was also disappointed to find that while I had access to this information, there was no quick way to share the information with other providers other than to print and fax or hand carry to patient chart on the hospital floor. A positive thing about Athena was that is was very easy to navigate so when a patient was admitted to our facility there was no digging through the last 12 months of patient follow-up visits to locate what they were last seen for, what medications they were prescribed, etc. Ease of use was certainly not the issue.

Pros

Fairly easy to navigate, allows for a quick overview of patient demographics, medical history, medications, etc.

Cons

For whatever reason coding allows for a lot of duplication or for information to be incomplete.

Tonya from Canyon Medical Center

Billing Specialist

This is by far the best medical software that I have used. It is very user friendly. I have used this software program with another practice over 6yr ago and it was great then and it has improved over the years. I really feel that anyone who tries Athena will not be disappointed.

Pros

It's user friendly. It is easy to tell who has access a pt account when that is necessary. Everything is time stamped. It is easy to do in house billing and follow up. There are many safe guard in place to prevent errors. The technical support personnel are very helpful and willing to find a solution to what ever question you have. I have never felt like a burden when calling for help navigating through the system. They always seem to be eager to assist me. Athena is always updating the software to make it even better.

Cons

The first couple days after an update the system seems to run slow. We are unable to use the same email on different accounts with out linking the family together.

Elaine from Southeast Pulmonary & Critical Care, LLC

So easy to use

We have used Athena for almost 5 years and it has helped us to run our practice so much more smoothly. The system works so well from scheduling to check out for each patient. When scheduling and entering insurance, a practice can immediately see if the insurance is valid (we barely remember those annoying calls to verify insurance), the medical record allows the patient to move through the office smoothly allowing everyone involved to enter the relevant information. In the past, we had problems with insurers which seemed to continually refuse to pay certain claims no matter how many times we corrected them. With Athena's scrubbing of claims they drop and get paid extremely quickly. Some of those "difficult" insurers are now top five payers!! The automated reminder and balance calls have freed up staff to attend to the increased patient flow. We have been so happy with Athena from day one, can't say enough good things about this system!

Pros

Reminder calls, insurance validation, eligibility and phone daily report, ticklers that remind patient to schedule an appointment if not done at check out, ease of entering/dropping claims, ability to generate useful and custom reports, day end review allows you to see if any claims need corrections immediately

Cons

Streamlined version seems to require more clicks and sometimes the co-pay is not applied to the date it is paid which can be confusing

Beth from Pinnacle Internal Medicine

July 2016

Idea is cool, but a few glitches..

Athenanet is okay, I was able to learn it quickly but I still get frustrated with some things; it's not my preferred EMR system but it's not the worst either; I like that there's Athena-people that help the business but sometimes I think they're lazy and don't follow-up with a lot; if you're going to help, HELP, don't just leave things undone and be like, "oops I tried but not my problem" basically...

Pros

I like that the flow of my day is pretty well maintained b/c of athenanet, it's pretty easy to follow since the last big update

Cons

There's TOO much info sometimes and is very repetitive; if I could label things myself like we do on our regular computers and not be forced to put things in specific spots. I don't like if I have a case open, you personally have to make sure to check on it otherwise they say basically "if we don't hear from you in 5 days, we assume it's good and close the issue"- why isn't there an alert system when you've responded? AND don't put it in the news/messages b/c NOBODY checks that, it's a waste of space basically and adds additional task of checking for nonsense b/c we communicate already through the chart via the yellow alerts or in a case or in the instant messaging Too many steps/repetitive, once the dr reviews labs, she can put it in our box and then I will call the pt and then once I close it, let it be closed.. why would it go to the Notify box now? I've already notified the pt... Why when we print labs from the exam does it go to staff inbox, clearly we've printed it so now I just waste 5 seconds opening it up just to close out of it....

Tamara from Northside Pediatrics

functional but time-consuming EMR

Had a previous EMR from 2008-2014 that was much more pediatric-specific and pediatric-friendly. Had to make a switch when Meaningful Use happened, and Athena seemed the best of the options. It is not nearly as peds-friendly, and there is MUCH more clicking every day, every hour, every encounter. Whereas moving from paper to EMR originally sped up my work, moving from our first EMR to Athena did not speed things up and seems overall to slow things down in fact.

Pros

smart lists that know what orders might go with what diagnoses ability to remind patients of next appointments, vaccines, etc. ease of creating reports about anything integration of Portal with EMR

Cons

no "office view". This is the single most frustrating part about Athena. In our old EMR, I could easily see what patients were in what room waiting for one doctor in the office all at once. THat's not possible with Athena, and without that, I will never feel completely happy with the system. I also hate how difficult it is to quickly look at recent visits, because the "Visits" tab includes phone calls, and other "encounters" that aren't the same as visits. The new streamlined version makes taking care of quality parameters impossible because of the time involved to click and wait on each one. (In the previous version, I could click on everything that was satisfied outside of Athena and then save it at once). Now I just ignore that tab due to time.

Angel from Orthopaedic Specialists of North Carolina

Athena--sometimes feels like war.

Overall, the system is fine. (It's better than what we did have). Calling Athenahelp is usually a struggle that doesn't produce much result and leaves you disappointed. I think that Athena chat could benefit greatly from the ability to enter your extension or location. A lot of our doctors travel to different offices and when you need to reach the staff, it is hard to know where they are. It would be great it Athena chat, you could put a personalized status. Instead of just the drop down of "available, busy for 1 hour, etc". It would be great if we could personalize it to say "ext. 555" or something.

Pros

Printing school/work notes & visit summaries at the end of the visit is convenient. Automated phone calls, portal communication & ease are both very positive assets for Athena. Charge entry and the tools available to process claims are very helpful as well.

Cons

"Tasks/buckets" and their routing leave a lot to be desired. Internal communications are not routed to the originating department & then must be asked back to them by other departments. Labeling documents could also use the ability to attach more than one order to results. When you have multiple lab results coming back on one fax and you can only attach it to one order, that leaves a lot of orders look as if they are unfulfilled.

Elizabeth from Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates

Athena helps me daily

This would be a better question for my billing cycle manager.

Pros

As EMR systems go, there are many things I love about Athena. I am able to modify my templates for patient encounters VERY quickly and easily. I am able to work with the billing department to modify and adjust CPT and ICD 10 codes which helps the billing department keep up with the ever changing insurance rules and regulations - keeping us in compliance. I love the use of macros and the ability to structure instructions, messages, things I do and say routinely but don't need to be typed or dictated over and over.

Cons

Not an Athena problem, but a global problem. The huge catalog of labs and imaging studies with their particular names and codes, can be hard to find when trying to keep up with charting on a rolling basis. I wish there could be a uniform catalog for labs.

Robert from Consultants in Epilepsy & Neurology, PLLC

Best so far

This is my second EHR for my practice and I also use Epic for inpatient work at hospital. I have looked at many EHRs and there is no such thing as the perfect one. However, Athena meets my needs most of the time and is by far the best of the bunch I have encountered to date.

Pros

Fairly easy to use and fairly Mac friendly. The billing side of the service is fantastic and best in class as far as I can tell. They could not do a better job of making sure I get all of my money - payments as well as incentives.

Cons

Template and Macro generation is a bit clunky. Really all the same stuff one can encounter with just about any EHR.

Melissa from Piedmont Otolaryngology

Athena is great!

I love Athena! It's easy to use and is MUCH better than our previous EMR system. I love the reporting capabilities. The CSC is always helpful, and I love the new option to enter cases online versus being on the phone!

Pros

Great reporting capabilities - I used to have to manually enter info on spreadsheets, but Athena has tons of great reports built and you can customize your own reports as well. Easy to use! The system is very robust and Athena does a good job of staying ahead of the game regarding new and future law/regulation/requirement changes.

Cons

The medication section of Intake is time consuming because we have to click on each medication to see if it's a current med or historical and we need to Hide it. We would love to see more customization of the patient portal so we could build our own questions to match what we ask on our printed Health History forms and have the info populate the correct fields in Athena.

Kelly from Oak Orthopedics

The Review

The new upgrade has completed. We have several employee s who only have half of the new streamlined system. There are some of us who only have the new version and some who only have the old version. I believe Athena should of worked out all the issues before going live.

Pros

It is a new system and once we get to use it more we will be able to see the strengths and weakness of the system.

Cons

We were not told of the features that were being removed. I understand we must adapt to change. I 'm curious which practices you interviewed to determine that certain features were no longer needed so you deleted them with the new upgrade. I don't feel that my staff learned the information they need through the tutorials.

Michelle from First Physician's

EMR Software

Been on Athena approximately 18 months now. The transition was difficult as we are a very busy practice but it gets better daily. The financial side is a whole other situation - speaking as a coder/biller this program can be a nightmare.

Pros

Great chart - the medical record portion is outstanding. Being able to have everything in one place and minimal time wasted on medical records requests.

Cons

As I stated previously, the billing portion of the software is every biller's nightmare. The coding and reimbursement portion is not truly in our control as Athena can make changes on claims as they deem necessar. Also there are many claims the payer states are paid or have been paid and the money is not found anywhere. Too many unpostable issues, to many missing eobs, too many tiers of support - very unsatisfied with this part of the program. Having to correct posting of Athena posted payments makes double work. Also having to post payments or adjustments where things are adjusted off to global incorrectly is also double work

Kira from Lawrence Ob Gyn

Athena review

Pros

User friendly

Cons

Not enough options to close outstanding patient cases. Often cant complete a task due to pt non-compliance, no option to indicate this.

Corrine from Keith Schauder MD

Office Manager

We have been using Athena for over 5 years. We are satisfied and would recommend it.

Pros

Their customer service is exceptional to a different EHR we previously had. I have not had one person who was not in the United States. You can always speak to a live person. I have yet to have any calls outsourced to a foreign country. The Streamlined clinical portion is quite simple, as with everything there is a learning curve.

Cons

No onsite training. Impression was given that maybe you would need less staff, however we did not feel this was the case for our practice. Too many features you do not use or have time to use in a busy office.

Tuoc from Texas Breast Specialists

June 2016

EMR in outpatient surgery clinic

Pros

Athenahealth is easy to learn and train other personnel for use. It is also easily adaptable to physician's preferences. Athena service has also updated features based on feedback from physicians which is great.

Cons

I wish the training video was geared towards clinic use. The training sessions showed me how to use different billing features but was missing information on how to use the chart and schedule. This was quite a few years ago when we first started with Athena so this may have changed already, but I'm not aware. I also would like training videos for new personnel to watch. Right now, office personnel are training new employees. I know other EMRs have training videos which one can watch which would be helpful and more efficient use of time. The mobile app isn't very good so I can't do much on my phone. That really needs to be fixed.

mara from Berry Eye Center

Athenahealth EMR Review

Overall there are many good qualities with Athenahealth. I would recommend it to my collegues.

Pros

Appointment scheduling is pretty user-friendly. It would be helpful to have a more defined weekly page with better shading or coloring for a quick weekly glance. I like the appointment waiting list. I also like the drop-down menus.

Cons

I am not fond of the Templets. There needs to be a way to allow notes on the templates for follow up. It is difficult to see what templets are being used and which ones need to be rolled back. Also, the I do not think learning portal is not very helpful, and there needs to be a better training program especially for templets. It would be helpful to have a reminder that pops up for alerts for billing or appointments or admin. The reminder calls sometimes cut off. There need to be better follow-ups on complicated claims.

William from CRCHC

As part of the admin team, the reporting feature is top notch.

Pros

I do not use this software from a clinical perspective. The layout is aesthetically appealing and it has an IM feature to send quick messages. From a reporting standpoint, setting up reports and building them from scratch couldn't be easier. It's very simple to export the reports to excel or Tableau for even better analysis. It does come with prebuilt reports. If you need to create a custom report, there is a report building feature that walks you through the steps. For the most part, Athena does a good job at defining the fields, but sometimes it does require some trial and error.

Cons

Though the software has really user friendly reporting features, sometimes the data itself does not make sense. For instance, we ran a report for no shows and there were instances of 1 no show/0 booked slot. There are also different report categories that include/exclude certain types of data. ie you may not find certain billing data in a clinical category report.

Erica from Happi

Athena EMR

Initially Athena appears intimidating to use, but once you get the hang of it, its a breeze. I really like that it comes with epocrates.

Pros

It comes with Epocrates. Not once since we have had this software has it went down. Customer support is great at fixing your problems right away.

Cons

When adding Lab orders and Imaging orders if you are using different facilities sometimes you have to go in and change the facility or the items you are trying to order will not pull up. It is frustrating when you are in a rush. The software will assume you are ordering for just one facility and tell you order not available at this facility so you will have to take extra steps to change to facility to order the specific item. Therefore you are switching back and forth between different screens. This does not happen for me often but when it does happen of course I am always backed up with patients.

Evan from Independence Foot and Ankle

Good product that has its faults

Athena's system over-all has helped us with compliance and tracking of accounts receivable. The rules system and scrubbing process for claims are a work in progress but as you create more billing rules, there are fewer denials on the back end. I find the system to be a little slow, but overall is quite functional to our needs. Our staff has found the system to be easy to use. We have found the more time you spend creating templates the quicker the patient flow is. There are some billing issues that were not talked about on the front end such as web access for some payers which delayed payment on claims and resolving that was and continues to be quite time-to consume. Overall the system works as advertised and has been helpful to our office flow, claims, and A/R.

Pros

Easy to follow claims and a/r with work flows on every claim. Easy office pt work flow

Cons

The system itself runs slowly regardless of the computer its run on. The system is a little convoluted and can be hard to navigate. Some system billing errors, specifically w/ dme that had to be resolved. Does not handle referral needs well, must create custom rules. Given how important this is, it should be integrated into the system but isn't.