ChartLogic Reviews

4.04 / 5 (61) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 91 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Very easy to teach and use. Have used same EMR in Orthopedics and Pain Management"

• "I like the ease of navigating the software. Very user friendly. Easy to train staff to use the software. The search features are helpful."

• "It is typically easy to use and intuitive. There are some features that are helpful and are not so obvious, so I would encourage watching some of the tutorials they offer online. "

• Cons

• "ChartLogic 8 seems a bit slower than ChartLogic 7. However, more information is available."

• "Takes a bit to understand all the buttons and where to look for certain templates etc. Overall, works well. "

• "My only complaint would be the interface issues that we sometimes have with our practice manager software."

Browse ChartLogic Reviews

John from Massena Family Practice

Great EMR

EHR/E-prescribing.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to customize templates. Worked with other EMRs and you are not allowed to custimize templates of office notes or progress notes. Can custimize Folders for scanned documents. Speech is good, not perfect, but saves my wrists from typing as the other EMRs had. Speech commands make adding text/Template text to notes easy. I use the messages to send notes to other staff and use it as a reminder to me by sending messages to myself in the future. The best part is their customer service. Spot on. Read a few bad reviews. Let me tell you, they never dealt with an EMR with bad service before.

Cons

Wish the patient portal was more user friendly, could allow patients to make appointments, request refills. A mobile version would be helpful to me also - in that I might be able to use it as a way to securely communicate with patients. The direct mail systems still has problems. I can't view xml files.

Eddie from Eddie Davis DPM PLLC

One of the most user friendly EHR programs on the market.

Better notes which have the key information required to get services covered and reimbursed are a main reason to use EHR. ChartLogic provides the flexibility and relative simplicity to make this process efficient. Tech support is excellent although I wish they were open a bit later.

Pros

Ease of customization. The ability to view an entire note as it is being built is a plus. Most EHR programs require that information is placed into the note section by section, in a certain order. Reality is that information is generally not provided to the doctor in an orderly fashion. Use of Smart Text which are mini-templates allow faster and more flexible note creation, not locking one in to use of specific templates.

Cons

Note creation is driven by Dragon Medical. Despite what I consider to have a fairly standard accent, I need to repeat myself frequently to get Dragon to work properly. The commands are buggy and work inconsistently.

Genevieve from James E Memmen, MD Ltd DBA Green Apple Eye Care

Poor Customer Service

Pros

The doctor and techs like the usability of the software. Unfortunately, even upon specifically asking, the company does not notify us of changes we will experience and issues that may occur when updates are installed. When they are reported, tickets are opened and nothing is ever done to resolve the problems... we have to learn to deal with them. Our IT department has never had any issues coordinating the requirements for the updates.

Cons

Lack of promised follow-up, poor customer service and tickets not even being opened when requested (although, even when a ticket is issued, they are not addressed/resolved).

April 2013

Eli from Morgan Hill Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine

April 2013

The previous review was of Chart Logic 7, which I hear is great. Chart Logic 8? Not so much. Constant updates, each buggier than the last. Every time I think I'm settling into a rhythm, I get an email announcing a new update; which means in reality, hold your breath. We're rolling the dice again to see what new bugs pop up. The list of "fixes" with each version begs the question, is this really being product-tested? If so, who's doing the testing? The worst part of it is that Chart Logic 7 is no longer available. If only they had worked out all the kinks before moving to a new version, but that's probably part of the financial model. Bring in as many practices as possible, and once they're inextricably tied into the system, hold them ransom. Monthly fees to host the data on a server. Much better than trying to sell a standalone product that actually works and doesn't need constant updating.

Response from Angela

Replied April 2013

Dr. Chen, Were sorry to hear the difficulties youre experiencing but after our follow-up call with you yesterday, were confident that the 2 outstanding issues you reported will be resolved within the next 2 weeks. ChartLogic 7 was, and continues to be, a great product with many user friendly features. However, to reach the next level of efficiency and user friendliness for our customers, a more flexible and robust system was in order. So, in an effort to meet and exceed these needs we introduced ChartLogic 8, created on the most cutting-edge development platform currently available. One of the many benefits of this latest version is regularly scheduled updates to stay ahead of the curve on feature requests and efficiency improvements. Unfortunately it sounds as though some of these updates havent met your needs but we are hard at work on improving this situation for you. All of our products are thoroughly tested and successfully being used by practices all over the country. With a little work, were confident that we can get you in this position as well. Thanks, Angela Carter

Emily from WEST LA HAND CENTER

Gets the job done

Their customer service people are fantastic. The product gets the job done and has most features I like. Overall, I would recommend.

Pros

Cons

There does seem to be little bugs in the system constantly that get really annoying, but Chartlogic team does their best to fix them promptly. There are some processes that seem to take too many steps. I also wish they could get the internal messaging together, that would be a really helpful feature.

Shannon from Central Michigan Orthopaedics

Customer Feedback

Good

Pros

User friendly, easy to navigate. The functionality of the software is good. Good flow and easy to train a new user to.

Cons

The system freezes up time to time when in the super bill and we're unable to save the data entered. You have to close out and start over. Very frustrating.

Smooth Clinical Process

Clear support.

Pros

Easy setup. Simple process. Easy to edit notes. Similar to a word document. Electronic medications.

Cons

Connectivity issues at times, but that happens with any platform connected over wifi.

Katie from Alpine Orthopedics

Pros

We enjoy the ease of use and the ability to customize our templates and notes.

Cons

Does not interface well with other systems

Heather from Tri-State Ophthalmology, PSC

Pros and Cons

Pros

I like that we are able to customize our templates

Cons

Sometimes updates cause the program to freeze /glitch

Joyce from River Valley Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, P.C.

my opinion

We are waiting on issues to be fixed and we have gotten no where.

Pros

We like the Ease of use. The medical team is happy with the software but the support team is not helping.

Cons

the support department is not very helpful. We have issues that need fixed and it's been over a year.

Paulette from NHSA

ChartLogic Rocks!

We reviewed several softwares both PM and EHR some systems compatible some not with our office culture. Chartlogic married witg Advanced MD have proven to work for us thus far.. Truth be told I am interesred in transistioning to Chartlogic RCM and billing platform.

Pros

The internal workflow is fluid and conscice... They have an excellent, friendly, hands on and well infomred support team which is an added bonus on all fronts. We started with chartlogic in 2013 switching from a in office server based Medisoft PM and EHR and glad we did.

Cons

Since 2013 there have been several changes for improved processes and as a result of governmental regulations. ChartLogic very smoothly and the behind the screen changes keeps us current and efficiently servicing our physicians and patients.

Elly from NHSA

User friendly and adaptable to the clinician's needs for the practice

I am interested in the new developments including the ability to use apps and patient portals. I would like to see more integrating of schedules, lab results, and faxes. Looking forward to the future of what Chartlogics may have to offer in this regards.

Pros

I love how I can create templates with ease and input handouts and easily attach documents into the patient's charts. It's also very organized with the patient's health records divided into appropriate sections (encounter notes,labs, med history, etc.)

Cons

The software takes time to load pages which sometimes makes charting inefficient. Also, the new scheduler is more complex. I still prefer the older version as it has all that I need and looks more simple and easy on the eyes.

May 2013

Diane from Helena Orthopaedic Clinic

May 2013

Our office, the Helena Orthopaedic Clinic, has been using CL as an EMR since May of 2007. We have 4 orthopaedic surgeons, 1 physiatrist and 4 mid-levels. In order to be compliant with national standards, we began looking for an EMR. We wanted to eliminate our transcription department altogether, and thus needed a system with voice activated dictation (ie dragon). We went from paper charts to an EMR in 2007 and have never used or seen another EMR system in place. We are currently on version 7. The implementation was easy, as we had 4 employees of CL onsite for an entire week helping us walk thru the process. This "hands on" approach was what made our transition successful. Four of my staff were required to go to Salt Lake for several days, prior to implementation, to be trained in advance of the various ways in which to use the EMR. These were my key "go-to staff" once the system was implemented and following departure of the CL implementation staff. Our implementation of the product was an easy transition and the product has been very user friendly. CL has always supplied us with good customer service, but my IT guy has especially liked the fact they've started the "live-chat online" which makes his life much easier. When it came time to attest for meaningful use, CL was able to walk us thru the process without any problems. For the last two years all my provlders were able to receive 100% of the recommended compensation from the government after meeting the Meaningful Use requirements. This CL EMR has saved us time, streamlined our office, helped us eliminate physical charts, provided us with a way in which our office can render better and quicker customer service, and has afforded us the ability to be meaningful use compliant within the time-frames required. We would highly recommend this product to other offices looking for an EMR.

Cole from Helena Orthopaedic Clinic

ChartLogic

Pros

Chartlogic 8 EMR is not cumbersome and is easy to navigate. Being able to have providers dictate directly into the EMR with built in templates that can be customized to each providers needs with Smart Text commands that can be initiated and navigated via voice commands with Dragon Naturally Speaking makes for a easily customizable, efficient product. Support is US based in SLC and a live person is reached in a reasonable amount of time every time.

Cons

With the latest MU attestation requirements they have migrated all clients to a cloud-based product with version 8 of ChartLogic except for those who would like their servers to remain on premise. If you want to keep your server's in house they charge you more for support, and it's hard to justify the added expense being you are months behind the live cloud based product as far as updates are concerned. This means you are months behind known issues which means months of dealing with angry staff and surgeons.

Julia from NHSA

Office Manager

Pros

Overall user friendly , great customer service, if you are having any problems with the system they resolve within minutes and get you back to work in no time.

Cons

streamlining meaningful use steps, templates could be a little less clumsy, internal office email communication and why not labeling straight from scanned image instead of all steps from scanning, uploading etc. - minimize steps.

Julia from Cook Foot & Ankle Specialists

Pros

I like being able to use smart marks, smart fields, and templates. It saves a lot of time in charting to be able to have a template with all of the verbiage you want already done, and you can just drop it in the note.

Cons

E prescribing can be a hassle. There are several steps to the process and this part of the system is just not very user-friendly or "intuitive."

Kellie from ANCHOR FAMILY MEDICAL GROUP

ChartLogic

DEBRA from INLAND INTERVENTIONAL MEDICAL ASSOCIATES

USER FRIENDLY

Like the feature that allows the chart to be closed, posted and report sent to referring Dr/Atty...etc.

Pros

Cons

I really wish there was a drop down screen with a log of the last 5 pts or so to make it easier to go back into a chart that you were working on previously.

February 2013

Susan from Cary Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Specialists

February 2013

We are a medium size orthopaedic surgery practice with 14 physicians, 4 mid level providers, 9 physical therapists and support staff. We have 3 different offices and 6 divisions. We have been using Chart Logic since April of 2006 and currently use version 7. Prior to using Chart Logic we were spending thousands of dollars a month on transcription services and had a room full of charts. We chose Chart Logic for several reasons. With voice dictation it was most like what our providers had been used to when they were using small tape recorders. However with Chart Logic it gave them the ability to use a combination of voice recognition, saved templates and saved paragraphs of common phrases for exams, tests, plans and assessments. Each provider can customize it the way they want to. It allowed our employees to stay at their desks and all have access to the same chart information without running around the office hunting for lost charts. We also saved money on transcription costs and forms. We had a great implementation team from Chart Logic that spent quality time prior to going live getting organized and training our management staff. When we did go live the trainers were very patient and always available for even the minor questions. Customer support is very easy and all the support staff are helpful and don't hesitate to log into our system to help make adjustments or fix problems. We are now considering going to "The Cloud' for Chart Logic 8 and can't wait to see the new enhanced changes.

November 2014

Wendy from Peter A. Matsuura, M.D.

November 2014

Eleven year user!

Pros

I like their perseverance and commitment to keep improving and innovating from EMR to EHR. They take risks. Innovation has been consistent, and the product is faster and more capable today than yesterday. The product is intuitive and easy to use. Templates are created in Word, so we were able to set them up ourselves. As an EMR it is outstanding. Adding the EHR stuff has weighed it down as it has weighed down the whole practice of medicine away from patient care. That is not Chartlogic's fault.

Cons

Innovations have meant the product has been unstable at times beyond what is acceptable. There have been periods of intense frustration along with periods of high satisfaction when the problems are fixed and product doing what it is supposed to.

Lori from Avrill Roy Berkman M.D.

Highly Efficient Practice Managment

Excellent customer service and support.

Pros

Ease of use and the reports are excellent.

Cons

I like all of the software . There are no negatives.

June 2015

June 2015

ChartLogic EHR is very easy to use.

Pros

This product is very easy to use. Very logical in its development. We are able to develop and change templates ourselves as needed. Because it is a certified EHR, we have been able to meet meaningful use measures quite easily.

Cons

The programing went through some rough patches in years past. One thing would be fixed, but then something else would break. That has since been resolved and they have taken a much better approach to upgrades which has resulted in fewer problems.

Adam from Orthopaedic Sports Specialists

December 2014

Practice Manager for orthopaedic surgery office

Pros

I like the ability to customize documentation. The templates are all customized, which generates notes that are easy to read. The voice software allows for dictation directly into the office note. It merges patient demographics and insurance with our PM software.

Cons

The self-help options are limited. The product can be glitchy at times. The cursor will jump to another location unexpectedly, resulting in documentation being place incorrectly. Often, the product is slow to respond or load despite having a high speed internet connection. Changes needed to the EMR setup for meeting health care regulations set by the government are not communicated well. CL does not offer a regular review of our account to see if options are configured properly to meet regulations such as MU or PQRS.

Debora from Iowa

IOWA SPECIALTY SURGEONS REVIEW

-EXCEPTIONAL - ESPECIALLY YOUR BILLING EMPLOYEES (REPRESENTATIVE AND TEAM) -YOUR TRAINING/HELPLINE - VERY KIND PEOPLE, ARE VERY GOOD AT THEIR JOB ( TINA, BLAIN, AND CHARTLOGIC HELP TEAM)

Pros

-EASY AND FUNCTIONALBLE. -DOCTORS ARE ABLE TO CUSTOMIZE EHR FOR THIER OWN USE.

Cons

-CODING (CPTs CODES AND ICD 10 CODES). -WE LOVE HOW WE PUT IN THE PATIENT HISTORY, BUT THE ALLERGIES AND MEDICATIONS ARE DIFFICULT TO ENTER INTO THE SYSTEM.

Janice from Reconstructive Hand to Shoulder of

Over 10 years with ChartLogic

Pros

Tech support is excellent and always available. I love the Chat Now feature where you can get help and answers immediately. The Document Manager is a great tool. Being able to scan documents into a patient's chart and the queue to the physician for their immediate viewing from outside the office is very helpful.

Cons

At times, the interface between AdvancedMD and ChartLogic is very slow, delaying the physicians from dictating to a referring physician. We have had issues with the system freezing on us and kicking us out, this could very well be our internet system. It seems like we've been waiting really long for the Patient Portal online registration. Also, I've been told that patients will not have the option to pay online. Also, I've been told patients will not have the option to pay online. We've had many patients ask.

Maria from Northwest Houston Surgical Associates

Easy to Use!

Pros

Good selection of features. Makes it possible for us to efficiently organize all tasks and assignments

Cons

Pictures doesn't cross over. Provider stays the same when switching patients. Patient's address is not under demographics

Ryan from Valley ENT P.C.

Chart logic review

Chart logic notes flow well. The encounters are organized as a traditional history and physical or SOAP note (the way the medical record SHOULD BE). The messaging system seems awkward. It takes extra effort to time stamp messages. You can't simply reply to messages, you must forward the message and select the sender in a list if you want to reply.

Pros

How the encounter notes work. Very easily customized. Unlimited capacity to create templates for notes and inserts.

Cons

Messaging system is awkward. It takes extra effort to time stamp messages. You can't simply reply to messages, you must forward the message and select the sender in a list if you want to reply.

Eric from Mission Surgical Clinic

December 2012

Mission Surgical Clinic is a multi-specialty surgical group, our three offices and high patient volume made the implementation of ChartLogic quite unique and a bit challenging. Our main reason for switching to electronic records was the incentive programs administered by CMS and to avoid the Medicare pay cuts that are coming if we fail to implement an EMR. We purchased ChartLogic 7 in December of 2010 and implemented in May of 2011. The implementation was a bit rocky as this was a huge shock to our staff members who were not as affluent with computers. A year and a half later they almost unanimously agree that it saves time has improved work flow on many fronts. The simplicity of the software aided in the ease of training for our staff. Since there are only several steps to creating and editing notes, we are able to train someone without any knowledge of the software in a matter of hours. To quantify the benefits, as a whole, is difficult; as we have not seen full reimbursement from the incentive programs yet. To quantify the time savings in the office is simple; it saves time and eliminates energy wasted looking for missing charts and/or paperwork.

judy from NHSA

its pretty easy

Pros

Overall i think the system is pretty easy once you learn it. i like that we can organize it to our benefit and see the pt demo info without clicking back to the PM

Cons

----When adding the ref doctor to the note even if its in the PM not sure why sometimes it doesn't cross over to the EHR. ---- Dont like that the Dr. Notes can be deleted or changed by accident its happen.

The name says it all

ChartLogic is a very easy to use program that is highly customizable.

Pros

Excellent implementation and customer service. You call Salt Lake City and get an actual person who can help you on the spot or you can chat live online. Changes to your templates, letters, etc can be done immediately real time; no need to call someone to do it for you. The customization is great!

Cons

We have had incidences when we needed something to change to make life easier for us and it took a long time for that change to get done.

Merideth from Steely foot clinic

Bad to worse

Like I said initially they were helpful in setting up and sent someone to train onsite for 3 days

Pros

It does save to the cloud so no storage needed on site. During the sale they were very helpful and come to our site for training.

Cons

THese have to be fake glowing reviews. We have had nothing but trouble, failed roll outs, bad customer service from the start. To expensive to start over. Please consider other products

Kassidy from Southwestern Ohio Urology

Not worth your money

Not a good experience at all. Support can't answer your questions half the time. You can never get a projected time for anything. We can't get anyone to go over our quarterly MIPS to make sure we are on track. We weren't able to use patient portal for over a year. We were told that MBS and chartlogic were supposed to merge last year and now they say they don't have a projected time frame.

Pros

The DM tab and scanning feature. Also like the online fax.

Cons

You can't fix charts once they are closed. Spell check doesn't recognize words even though they are spelled correct it says they are spelled incorrectly.

January 2011

January 2011

Very Easy to Use

I would recomment this program to anyone who is looking for an easy program for staff to use.

Pros

The implimentation process was great. We had several ChartLogic staff members on site the entire first week. Each of my providers received one on one training. Each staff member received ChartLogic University training before went live. Once we went live, we never again had a visit in a paper chart. We love the fact that if or when a change is needed to a template or anything else in the system, it can be done right on site. No need to call in an IT person, have to pay them, I can handle it myself, as it works just like MS Word.

Cons

The immunization module is very cumbersome. My understanding is that it will be fixed in the next upgrade, due to be implemented in a couple of weeks.

amber from Sacramento Bariatric

Amber Espinoza

Pros

user friendly, quick, easy to use, overall I like the system. easy to access to pt info, makes my job easier to do.

Vanessa from The Ryu Hurvitz Orthopedic Clinic

ChartLogic Review

Pros

The product is user-friendly. It allows for easy changes and customizing for the needs of our practice and doctors. ChartLogic also stays on top by keeping up with all of the medical industry changes.

Cons

Like any other technology products, it does have its glitches. The most common one that affects us is that some of the uploaded files get corrupted and we lose them. Once files are uploaded, we delete or shred the files, and we lose the information because ChartLogic also 'loses' it.

Kristen from Peepers

Very good software

Pros

We just switched over to this software for our office. It has many great things about it. It allows you to schedule patients with ease, make billing claim easier, organizing patient information, and much more. We have two doctors and it makes it easy to navigate between doctors.

Cons

The only con I have about this product is that it is sometimes hard to navigate between the screens. Other than that it is good so far.

Julie from Sacramento Bariatric Medical Associates

Customer support rocks!!!

Pros

you can maneuver around the site quite easily, once you understand all the buttons, it makes your daily charting easier.

Steve from Randall Pain Management

Absolutely terrible. Out-dated and terrible. Don't use. Lag issues. Server issues. Very outdate

Pros

Really not much at all. It is seriously so far behind other EHRs and their PM software is absurd.

Cons

Everything. PM software terrible. Customer service a joke. They put in tickets and do nothing. Not cloud-based. As if they are from the 80s. So many better products. Not customizable. I cannot believe they get a 4 star. A joke.

This EMR system is extremely user friendly!

Pros

EMR are easy to navigate through. I love the easy template setup which you can set up to your preference which makes it extremely easy to navigate.

Cons

At some points while navigating it takes a little extra time for loading but other than that I have only had a few user mistakes which were taken care of promptly by their great support team.

Bulent from illinois Valley

Great

Pros

It is versatile and easy to use, there is a good help section

Cons

Some of the pictures can not be pasted and shared

Kaitlin from Central Texas Foot & Ankle

Great system for a new practice.

Practice just started and none of the staff have ever used an EHR they were still on paper charts. It has been an easy transition and we are loving not having to dictate encounters!

Pros

Easy to use system and when you have questions customer support is always available to help.

Cons

No built in templates.

Bonnie from Sacramento Bariatric Medical Associates

Nice, easy system to use

As always, customer service is really great whenever we need something and that is much appreciated.

Pros

The EMR is simple and easy to use. I like the set up and the customer service is great. I like that you can set up your page how you would like it, which makes it easier to navigate based on your preferences.

Cons

I don't have any cons with the EMR system. I do find that the new scheduling system update makes it more difficult to use, so I continue to use the old one. It's more efficient and I can get things done much faster.

Lauren from ozarktech

excellent

Pros

It is user friendly which is a plus. Also, it makes charting easy and less time consuming when you are in a pinch.

Cons

The customer service could use some work and the loading can takes some time which causes problems when you are in a hurry.

Odulia from Terry J. Sites, MD, PLLC

December 2014

My experience with this product has been good. Great customer service

Pros

This EHR is easy to use.

Cons

Once you save and finish your dictation or clinic note, you can't go back and make corrections. So if you have words that are misspelled, you are not able to correct them. You can, however, add an addendum and make your corrections on the addendum.

November 2012

Debra from Inland Interventional Medical Assoc

November 2012

I have used a couple of EMR/EHR systems. ChartLogic is very easy to learn and user friendly. Building templates is very easy. Meaningful use was a breeze with their assistance and really the only reason we made it through. As a pain practice we are busy and find the message feature fast, easy and paperless. We are server based right now in both of our locations but are seriously looking into the new web based product. Support by our Account Manager and IT has been great when we need to use them. The ability to index our faxes has really reduced the amount of paper we need to use on a daily basis.

John from Colorado Rehab

Trouble Getting Off The Ground

Chart Logic seems like a nice intuitive product but the actual implementation left much to be desired. It seems like it would work fine for a smaller PCP but it just couldn't handle the complexity of our Docs' travel schedule. Plus, the inability of the implementation team to export/import our data was a major blow.

Pros

Interface seems easy to understand and checkin process is automated, if you are a standard practice with set travel schedules

Cons

Tracking multiple Docs across multiple locations that changes weekly is not possible, implementation team had a very difficult time importing SQL database correctly - this was a real show stopper.

Shaun from Central Texas Foot & Ankle

Awesome

This software is got to be one of the best that I have used. It is very user friendly. Customer service is great and very helpful. They are always able to help with any problems that come up. There is no question that they can not awswer!

Pros

Ease of use

Roger from Starkweather Orthopedics

ChartLogic 8

Pros

Records are easily accessible, and areas are well defined. The support is always courteous, patient, and helpful. Waiting time is minimal if at all.

Genevieve from Green Apple Eye Care

December 2012

Our medical staff loves this program. Chartlogic is easy to learn and easy to use. It adapts to the needs of our practice. The support staff is very helpful and very professional. The only challenge is getting a hold of the appropriate person when you need assistance. This can be very frustrating. Once someone from Chartlogic finally returns our calls/emails, they are very helpful and resolve all of our questions.

Danelle from Gerstein Eye Institute

trailed product while investigating new Medical Record systems.

Pros

Like the ease of use. The system seems to follow a logical order and loaded quickly. Not too many clicks to navigate.

Cons

Seems like we will need a lot of customization. It will be difficult to determine how the reporting will coincide once edits are made.