• Pros

• "The simplicity of the program makes it easy to use . And has step by step guide for a particular situation that you may encounter "

• "I think its easy to use and when we hire new people they learn it quickly. I love that you can fax from it now, that makes it so much easier. Insurance eligibility!"

• "The scheduler and patient data is easy to access. We have many people in the system throughout the day and the system works well."

• Cons

• "It is limited as far as functions, but then again it is podiatry specific. Some of the functions could be updated."

• "Like all EHR software, it sometimes takes away from interacting with the patient, but does allow me to quickly review information needed for patient treatment"

• "The only reason we left to start with was because when it went to cloud based the cost went way up but they have brought the price back down"

Browse TRAKnet Reviews

Sara from Fixing Feet Institute

Awesome EHR for Podiatry

I have been using Traknet since 2011. I have used all phases of the program from scheduling, charting to billing. It is easy to use and gets the job done. Since Nemo has taken over ownership it has continued to evolve and change as needed and they are constantly adding new tasks to the program. All of this helps to streamline the processes in our office.

Pros

1. That it caters to Podiatry 2. Ease of use - I pretty much trained myself because I started learning it before all the training videos were available. 3. Webinars

Cons

I think the reports could be improved. I have had several times whereas I had to run 2 or 3 reports and then manually combine numbers to come up with the results I needed.

Jennifer from Bellingham Foot and Ankle Clinic

So many issues...

I regret signing on with Traknet. It started out as a great experience and I really thought it was going to work for us. But the cost of the program in ridiculous when you add additional physicians. Adding an additional physician more than doubled our monthly cost. We have a third joining our practice soon, so we will be dropping Traknet at that time. It just isn't financially feasible for a program that isn't working properly.

Pros

The charting is pretty decent with a word based format. It is fairly easy to create templates that work for your clinic, and each physician can create their own templates if desired.

Cons

The billing is the worst! It seems so easy at first, but then tracking the claims, reprocessing claims, etc is the most painful experience. There is no claim management in this program - at all! There are a series of inadequate reports you can run to try to get a grip on what's happening, but no real claim management. Another problem we have is that the payments are not matching up, causing me to manually enter almost every payment. When payments to match up, we've had several instances where the adjustments are not calculated correctly, leaving accounting errors on multiple accounts. We paid extra money to "upgrade" to the cloud and it has been the worst experience for us. It is painfully slow, we can't access multimedia folders, the program closes out in the middle of charting, it gives us red lines on our schedule in the middle of scheduling, etc. Terrible! Next, every single thing in Traknet costs additional money. Patient portal, faxing, integrating with labs, etc. It will all cost additional money and still doesn't work properly. Incredibly expensive if you have more than 1 physician.

Reasons for Choosing TRAKnet

Podiatry Specific

James from Tri-City Podiatry Group

Our practice has been using Traknet since Traknet 2.0 and it is the perfect EHR .

The benefits Traknet offers our practice is the streamlined process of charting patients for our doctors which allows them to spend more time with our patients. Traknet aides the running of a private practice by allowing our staff to have a complete patient focus. The ability to take copays and track in-office spending is a great benefit for our practice as well that would otherwise be provided by different services.

Pros

Traknet makes scheduling patients easy and efficient. Our doctors also find dictating progress notes in Traknet results in very comprehensive and thorough notes. The ability to save scans within a patients chart allows for our office to have complete medical documents so that our patients will receive the most quality care. Traknet is user friendly and our front office staff as well as our medical assistants have been able to learn the software with ease.

Cons

The two cons with Traknet is that with the e-fax service is limited to one company that does not offer reasonable prices and e-prescribing is quite difficult.

Todd from CT Podiatry Associates

Have used this system from its inception of 3.0 for 4 years.

Have used this system extensively for 5 years and am very ready to switch to a more modern efficient system very soon.

Cons

Lots of cons here. I dont like that I often lose progress notes when more than one user is in a note at the same time or if you, by mistake open the same note twice you will always lose the saved note. Dont like that the patient portal is suboptimal. Dont like that template access and configuration is archaic and takes too many steps to configure. Dont like that you cannot insert graphic material within the progress note . Prescription writer is not user friends is hard to use.

April from Destin Podiatry

Traknet is a wonderful system for podiatrists. I love the smooth user interface and extra features.

Pros

Traknet is always looking to implement new, helpful features into their software. I don't have to worry about correctly reporting insurance requirements and billing is a breeze. The customer service is great! I'm always able to resolve any issue in a prompt manner. It's so easy to manage the daily schedule. The referrals section makes sending consultation notes an stress-free task.

Cons

Sometimes the software updates don't apply correctly. I've had to uninstall / reinstall the program a few times in the last 6 months. The monthly price is a little steep. Especially if we wanted to use the cloud option. I wish that when we put in the MIPS questions on the note that the correct code would populate in the invoice. That would be a big time saver!

Karen from Footprint Podiatry PLLC

prior notification of updates or system crash would like to be notified prior via email

Pros

Cons

That it does not have the capability to download remits on excel also I am visually impaired and would like the font a little bigger it well help me with getting through the fields quicker;.

Response from TRAKnet

Replied March 2018

Karen, When our product has a new release, we send an email to all users. It sounds like you may not be getting those notifications. We are going to be sure you are on the list and reach out to you to ensure you are satisfied. Thank you for your review and your on-going support as a TRAKnet user!

Heather from FootandAnkleMedicalCenter

Tracknet Review

We are looking at streamlining our billing and have had wonderful help with that process.

Pros

Cons

I would love to be able to schedule my doctors appointments in groups by kind of appointment. I am not currently able to do that without blocking the whole hour for the day. I would love columns to schedule in. My employees also have a hard time with the clocking in and out system. The system is not always current time and it causes a few issues.

Felicia from Ansonia Podiatry Associates,LLC

Easy to Use

Overall, Traknet is very simple and easy to use. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

Traknet is very easy to use and Nemo is continuously adding features to stay current. They offer many integrations to choose from including Demandforce which is fantastic as well. The customer support staff is top notch and always willing to go the extra mile to help you.

Cons

I do not have any cons for this software. Nemo has an idea wall to offer suggestions to help improve Traknet, over the years many of those suggestions have been taken into consideration.

Tammy from Associated Podiatry of Central VA

Traknet

I love being able to schedule appointments and file insurance all from the same software. Before Traknet I had to do so much insurance by paper claims and have electronic claims is so much easier.

Pros

Cons

the Dr would say it is the notes, it is very frustrating when an update is done and then it doesn't work properly.

Carletta from R. Curtis Arnold, DPM

Traknet is the best software for podiatry

I feel that if you are a podiatrist then this is a software that is made for you and not every other doctor so what is in the system is what you need to run your practice.

Pros

Because it is for podiatry only and that the soft ware developers are also users

Cons

I think that since we went to the cloud that it is slow and that we have a hard time updating the multimedia

KAY from SIMON BECKER DPM

Great Podiatry EMR

I have been a user since 1995(Soft Easy) as the company changed ownership and numerous upgrades to Traknet 3.0 I like the changes made throughout the years that included billing, eligibility and electronic remittance saved me a lot of time, easy to use software. MIPS & MACRA A + Credit card integration for copay's and patient balances. Now I enjoy uploading patient statements no more stuffing envelopes! Oh my God so much improvement I just love it all!

Pros

I like the integration with credit card acceptance and Demand Force patient reminders.

Cons

I really have no complaint and almost never have to call for support.

Sandra from Cheraw Foot Center

TRAKnet is very user friendly. The support is top notch, owned by podiatrist; keeping it up to date

Makes scheduling, billing and doing clinical work effortlessly.

Pros

Windows based, easy to use. The support team is GREAT! Clerical & clinical staff can work continuously. Current, up to date with all Medicare requirements. Great webinars for learning the system. Webinars that also keep us informed of future changes. Support team is eager and willing to help with any questions. ALWAYS available. Best podiatry software we have ever used. - On the billing side: it's so easy to use. Claims submission is a breeze.

john from allegheny foot & ankle center

Very easy to use, wish it could connect and integrate into larger systems.

Pros

Customer support, intuitive nature of the program. The program understands the needs of podiatric physicians and surgeons better than Epic.

Cons

No connectivity/integration into larger systems. When using Epic, history, labs and studies can be imported quickly into the note. With TRAKnet, all of it must be entered individually by the user. Once signed off, Epic notes upload into the system. TRAKnet stays in your office and must be sent by hand to referring and collaborating providers.

Gabriel from Mid Florida Foot, Ankle & Vein Clinic

I've evaluated all software available for podiatry. Traknet is the most comprehensive.

Pros

We used to do our own billing. RCM, a branch of NEMO Health now does it for us. They're experts! Don't waste your time trying to do it in-house. We now have a team of billers working my account. We could never do that before. They've got it covered.

Cons

I believe the software is the best complete product on the market for podiatry practice management. They are always innovating to make it better and they listen to their customers.

Alan from Central Jersey Foot and Ankle Care, PC

Easy to use! Podiatry specific. Company run by podiatrist who know what podiatrist need!

Practice management consulting, along with the ability to outsource my billing to NEMO Health. They also have an e-commerce company built in.

Pros

Podiatry specific! Easy to use. Easy to customize. Has pre-built templates. Software is always being updated

Kennedy from Advanced Foot & Ankle Care Specialists

Don't waste your time

Not a pleasant one. I have had several issues with them, mainly on the billing side. If you want a simple, inexpensive, no frills EHR, it's acceptable. If you are a highly productive practice with lots of revenue, this would be a step backwards. Management has also not been helpful in responding to the needs of its physicians.

Pros

Word based documentation makes it easy to manipulate and create templates. There is also a library of user templates that one could build off of that is useful.

Cons

Where do I start? Significant limitations in billing and data collection. There is virtually no ability to manipulate software to elicit useful data that can help direct patient volume and traffic. Software is antiquated and low octane. If they do your RCM (revenue cycle management) as well, watch out. Terrible service! They've gone through several managers and are basically hiring people off the street with little to no billing or coding experience. Certainly no podiatry experience. I had 4 different billing leads while I was with them. You will also have to pay for data access once you leave. The patient information will be difficult to transfer to a new system as well.

Richard from Richard Rees, D.P.M., P.A.

I've enjoyed using TrakNet in my practice. It's functionality fit my needs.

I enjoyed the straight forward charting and billing.

Pros

Podiatry specific, customization available with my practice. Usually, the support staff answer the phone quickly, and are able to answer any question quickly.

Cons

The updates are sporadic and infrequent. Some features should be included in the usage fees, but are "added on" expenses.

Jeffrey from J Frederick, DPM PC

Great software at a great price

easy to use, contains billing and notes There is nothing negative about the software, I like the price, the easy to navigate screens and the ability to write electronic Rx

Pros

Software is easy to use, with both billing and charting along with practice management reports. Very easy to learn. Fantastic customer support.

Cindy from Karen Ackerman, DPM

Best Podiatric Software

Every issue I have had with Traknet gets solved quickly, so I am not on the phone for hours during business hours.

Pros

How easy it is to work in the system and the different areas.

Cons

In scheduling that I can't copy a whole day of patients to another day, that I have to enter them each in individually.

Jeffrey from KCIP

Pros

Podiatry specific and easy to create templates and import export data and works well in a busy multi physician practice.

Cons

Cloud version is challenging and the switch from server based system was less than efficient or pleasant but did mostly get resolved

Jay from Podiatry

Software is great for Podiatry

Pros

Easy to use, easy to learn, has billing and charting together, great customer support they really care about customers

Cons

I haven't had anything negative related to the software. Other than we are required to use electronic software in our practices

Overall good

Pros

It is easy and convenient to make patients charts, send meds electronically, easy reviewing past visits.

Cons

Not able to find meds with certain doses. Software needs to be frequently updated for better functionality.

Leah from THERAPY & WELLNESS

I have used Traknet with several of my accounts and found that it was basic.

It allowed me to access and update patient info. for billing and charting purposes.

Pros

It is basic and does not have to much going on, so it does not overwhelm the user. I have used more complex software but if your practice does not require a lot, then Traknet would be fine.

LACEY from South Central Ky Foot and Ankle Center

Traknet Review

Verification of insurances and determining patient deductibles and OOP is easy.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate through to find what you need.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about Traknet.

Sheri from Richard M. Allen, DPM

It is a very user friendly program. Customer Service has helped me in a timely manner.

Pros

It is podiatric specific which makes it easier to use. The webinars provided are helpful in learning how to use it. Able to get help with questions quickly and efficiently.

Troy from Foot and ankle medical center

Traknet

Pros

There are multiple options to make notes, templates, etc

Cons

Sometimes the editing of templates can be a little harder than what I would expect

Tomeko from Family Footcare LLC

Podiatry

Pros

I think it is a great software for podiatrist.

Cons

With multiple users I think it's a little pricey.

Sharon from Sharon I. Monter, DPM LLC

Customer service is timely and the program is easy to use. Podiatrists should only be using TRAKnet.

Pros

Easy to use and understand. It is designed with the podiatrist in mind and helps make my job easier.

Jenny from Feet First Podiatry, Paul W. Hutchison, Alabama Podiatry

Traknet is very user friendly!

The program is very easy to navigate.

Pros

Traknet is very user friendly. I have used it for several years and love it. The customer service is top notch. I have had a little experience with Medi Touch and Athena and find them extremely user unfriendly.

Cons

For a while it seemed like there was a system update every other day.

KIM from Oregon Foot Care Centers

Software is slow due to defaults. Reports are many but mostly useless.

Pros

Smart sheet ICD 10 code system works very well, is really the only reason I kept the program when ICD 10 came along, many others dropped it as too expensive and support issues were always an issue. Charting is done fairly well and not too burdensome.

Cons

Defaults slow the system instead of allowing you to choose the information pulled. Support does not respond, very poor. Could be a good program with different emphasis, works too much on MIPPS / MACRA etc when almost no one in podiatry is reporting. Gave 2 stars for value based on support and incorrect direction for profession.

Tina from Central Ohio Comprehensive Foot Care

Traknet

Pros

It was user friendly. Want to go back to it. Waiting for someone to set up a demo with me since it has went cloud based.

Stephan from GFAS

Terrible experience especially when deciding to switch

Do not recommend. Stay away

Pros

Did not like this product at all. I cannot recommend this software in any way. The software kept changing, but instead of getting better it go worse.

Cons

Everything. Then when we decided to switch they would not allow me to unlock my own database. Had to pay them a monthly fee to access my own data sitting on my own server. Considered suing them over it but it would have been too cumbersome.

Praya from American Foot & Leg Specialist

Problems with MacBook

Pros

It works on Windows. I have MacBook! So I don't like it.

Cons

Difficult to install on MacBook. I could not install on my MacBook by myself; my IT guys installed the app for me; it worked fine. Then the TrakNet migrated to Cloud, which I was given instructions to install a new version, I could not install, so I call the help support ....who told me to call Apple!

Ahmad from Farah Podiatry Associates

All EMR pose problems for practcioners bu TrakNet makes it easier with their support team

Pros

Ease of customization and the technical support team. Integration of practice management and continued development. Instead of saying no they do what they can with the limitations we may have.

Cons

Fax portal need more development. Wish you could resend ERx and print off a secondary copy. I would like a patient picture up whenever you have a note opened

calvin from Foot and Ankle Associates

Frustratingly slow.

Pros

Can't think of any.

Cons

Did I mention its slow. Takes forever to change screens. Such a waste of time. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

TRAKnet review

Pros

Support is good. Training involves trainer, videos and written instructions. Easier to catch up on notes once you learn the program.

Cons

No Telemedicine capacity. No IPad capacity. No Dictation capacity. Burns through the allowed Gigs on my Verizon MiFi like crazy.