(2,001)

2,001

• Pros

• "I love how easy this app is.. My clients LOVE the reminders and I LOVE I don't have to send them! Through COVID this company has been amazing!!!"

• "Very easy to use. Lots of features. Great price"

• "It is extremely easy to use, I love all the features. I love how I can change the color, ease add services or team members, etc...."

• Cons

• "It is very customizable, but it would be nice if they offered packages for added features instead of paying a la carte."

• "The updates sometimes will not allow you to sign in during a particular timeframe, but other than that- We are super happy with it! "

• "I wish there was an easier way to book the whole day off but other than that it is great!"

Browse Vagaro Reviews

Jennifer from Original Hair Spa

Best merchant software

Overall I am having a great experience.

Pros

I love the fact there is a 24/7 staff to help with issues. I hated how other competitors made you email them to get a response.

Cons

Pricing. Everything is $10 additional that all.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

No customer service, No multi merchant accounts, no free emails, I could go on and on.

Response from Vagaro

Replied February 2021

Hi Jennifer, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Liana from Salon 360

Great Software with many features

Pros

I really liked the email and text confirmations, email marketing feature.

Cons

I feel like there could be an text to software window where clients could send messages thru to their service provider instead of your personal phone number. Also when an appt is booked with a specific service provider and the client receives confimation email . Sometimes the client responds to the email but it goes directly to the owner rather then the actual service provider. Is there a way to direct those emails to the service provider?

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

the price was better and offered more features

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Mindbodys prices were becoming too expensive for my budget

Response from Vagaro

Replied March 2021

Hi Liana, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

July 2016

Joi from Joi Dreams Salon

July 2016

Many pros, but and equal amount of cons

I have used Vagaro for about three years. Initially the bells and whistles are enticing. You begin with the $25 fee, but the functionalities you need to get the most of the site come at additional fees. If you do not add these "monthly" fees the site is very bland. If you want to use the features such as: credit card capture, requiring a credit card to be enter by clients to book and other options such as these, you must add their chosen processing company along with authorize.net; of course with other added monthly fees. The customer service agent are limit in their knowledge and frequently tell you they will add your issue "in the que" for the technical department. They have a forum where you can discuss and suggest issues and request features, but it seems to be just for show for the past few years. When you use their credit card processing you are automatically batched out at "4PM". Whatever income you make after 4pm will be added to the next day. Any income made after 4pm Thursday will not be added to your bank account until "MONDAY MORNING". Meaning anything after 4pm Thursday, all of Friday's income and Saturday's income will not be added to your account (including tips) will not be added until MONDAY. The credit card processing company is very hard to contact. The mobile credit card device has not been updated to read card chips , but we have been told for almost a year it will be available "in about a month". The system is very slow. Make sure you have a mobile device AND your computer just is case it is on the fritz. They did what they initially called emergency maintenance on the Friday before the 4th of July without any notice. We could not use the site at all. No new appointments, could not check anyone out and if you did not have a hard copy our product prices you could not sell ANYTHING for about 4 HOURS in the middle of the day. They system was visibly on the verge of malfunctioning for days, but they did not send out any emails preparing us for the system being shut down, but they did send one early that day to alert us about a new feature ..... To sum it up, while there are many features they come at a price, with mediocre customer service, many restrictions on receiving your funds and you advertise their service every single time you send out a email, text or any other notice, but you are added to their very saturated search engine and your clients can be enticed by other salons in your area.

Pros

A lot of features

Cons

Mediocre customer service You advertise for them whenever you reach out to clients Runs slow Credit card processing is not the best; your money is held hostage for days at the end of the week and batches out to early Your clients can be enticed by other salons in your area that also uses the site if they add their location

Amy from Beautiful Life Bodywork

Best value for features, support level & price

I researched/test run softwares for 2 years, after working in the industry and already using several different ones including for other industries. Vagaro hands down offers the best product for the money with additional features than most that allow for things like customizable memberships and rewards programs. Their service email/call system could be much better organized to be efficient & effective. If they allowed for the reps to manage a portfolio of clients with direct email/phone for questions instead of the constant "zone defense" approach it would fit the company goals and values much better. The customer service reps, however, are generally pretty awesome and committed to resolving the issues. Everyone's time would better spent in a focussed system opposed to the chaotic approach they currently have.

Pros

Best feature offerings which can be customized fairly easily. Excellent price for the value. Live customer support is essential, while this could be better in how it is set up Vagaro staff care about doing good, thorough work to be helpful. That is like gold as a business owner when trying to trouble shoot so this is their strongest asset in my mind.

Cons

The platforms, and even features, are inconsistent on how things are seen & done. For instance, creating a gift certificate through "reports" with a discount shows up on your quarterly reports differently than if you create a gift certificate through the "check out" screen and do the same discount there. Also, the application is different than the desktop in so many little ways that make a big collective difference. --I would love it if they cleaned up their current features to be streamlined. Having beta testers who are business people that actually use their software would reveal SO many little things that make a big difference to my daily "clean ups" for all the goofiness that they don't seem to realize exists in their software. I have suggested this idea at least 10 times to reps.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I used Square Appointments between Massagebook and Vagaro. I still use Square for my email marketing as I like it much more than Vagaro's. Square is wonderful with fantastic service as well. They are just limited and do not offer the HIPPA compliance, intake forms, memberships, rewards program that Vagaro does.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

MB is okay but the software limitations made all kinds of important things confusing like financial reports. For years I gave them thoughtful feedback but there was never an investment in the software improving in the slightest way. Vagaro is the opposite of this, constantly implementing customer feedback.

Response from Vagaro

Replied December 2020

Hi Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think.

Tatiyana from Organic Beauty Services, INC.

Everything you need to know about Vagaro

Overall I am getting used to it. Vagaro is like driving a stock car. I think they can use some improvements that will make the world of difference. Everytime I call customer service I learn of a secret "work around" that seems like it should just be included in the feature. I do not dislike the software I just know there are some major improvements that can be made to make this software so much better.

Pros

What I like the most about Vagaro is the user friendly mobile app. I like how easy it is for clients to receive text confirmations and book on the mobile app within a few clicks. I also like the fact that I trust the email system sending emails out successfully. Other email marketing softwares I have used seem less successful in reaching the customers inbox.

Cons

The overall navigation of the site on the business end. Its alot of clicking around. The windows are hard to find. The search menu is annoying. If you are working in one window then have to edit something else you cannot continue or modify the edit within the same window you must leave that window enter another page then come back. Its too much back and forth for no reason. I do not like the reporting I think that could use alot of improvement. I do not like how I feel lost within Vagaro alot of times I find myself staring at the screen thinking "where do I go?" "How can I find this info?" These are not huge changes but I think with a few adjustment Vagaro's business user side can be more user friendly. Con: Marketing tool difficult to use. Con: when booking with multiple employees does not show all screens must click the name every time. Con: IOU feature, autopayments, editing packages and memberships for past and future sessions and costs.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Cost! It looked good for the price. It was pretty straight forward and seemed like it had all the features I was looking for when I made the switch.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

The last one I was with was Mindbody. After the pandemic I found that Mindbody was failing as a company. Their customer service plummeted and I did not feel like I was paying for that quality anylonger. The merchant fees were outrageously expensive. The quality of the software was not the same and I was no longer happy with their service.

Response from Vagaro

Replied March 2021

Hello, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. You can also reference our help site at support.vagaro.com which has many articles with step by step instructions. Thank you!

Melinda from Flair Fitness, LLC

Vagaro is an INCREDIBLE deal & service!

Vagaro is hands down the best!! We thought we needed to switch to Mindbody recently (because a handful of nearby studios used them), and we were back in just TWO weeks because Mindbody's software and customer service were unbelievably awful. Vagaro has superior customer service, intuitive system use, MUCH better user-interface, and overall an excellent staff and customer experience! Our clients were SO happy when we switched back to Vagaro :)

Pros

It's easy to use, customer service is always available and helpful (even if they can't solve your request right away, they get back to you), our customers LOVE the ease of the program, and it's actually affordable!

Cons

I do wish you could check people in to a class and if someone didn't show, it would register as like 7/8 in the class count after checkout so we could see the "realtime" class attendance.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Affordability, customer service, and better product.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Response from Vagaro

Replied March 2021

Hi Melinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you and your clients love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Yeefah from Dropn Pearls Hair Artistry

Best CMS for Single Chair salons

Pros

It's easy to use. The basic service is enough to operate a business. To give your business a boost, add on services are offered at a reasonable price. The customer service is outstanding and readily available 14 hours a day M-S.

Cons

Some of the add ons I might have appreciated in the base price like some of the other systems do. You can't open days up in the schedule if they are not your regular days without opening them up to infinity. For instance, if I work only Tuesdays and I want to work 1 Monday a month. I cant just open that one Monday, I have to open all Mondays in the system or manually blockout the Mondays I don't want to work.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

The customer service was not as available as Vagaro. There were some services that booksy did not offer that Vagaro did.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I had a lot of problems using this CMS software. The cost of the service was high and the problems many. It didn't make sense to keep paying that much for problems. It did not feel like it was designed well for spas, salons or barbershops. There were a lot of things vital to my needs that I could not do

Response from Vagaro

Replied January 2021

Hi Yeefah, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Elizabeth from Sacred Tree Massage

Easy to setup and use

Pros

Very affordable for a small business/sole-proprietor. Easy to use, they have videos that show you how to set things up. You can create your own forms or use stock ones they have. The booking site works so much better than SquareUp and doesn't have random maintenance for no reason. Also, WAY cheaper than Mindbody.

Cons

As a massage therapist, I have many clients that want to book extras with their sessions, like aromatherapy. Vagaro doesn't allow for an extra to be added, so I have to book them as a separate appointment then make it a double booking.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

All the other products were missing a component I was wanting. Some didn't have a good booking site. Some didn't include a POS system. Some were just too expensive. Vagaro was the most similar to Square, but better.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Square had JUST started to offer forms for clients to fill out, and because they just released that feature, it was in a terrible state. First time clients needed to fill out AT LEAST 4 forms, sometimes up to 6 depending on what they were coming in for. Square would have me send each of those forms out individually. So a first time client would receive not only the booking email and reminder email, but 4 separate emails for paperwork. Who has time for that?!

Response from Vagaro

Replied January 2021

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

So far SOOOO good

It’s been a game changer for me....it does everything I need such as keeping track of packages. I was just looking for a booking calendar but I’ve got so much more. I’m excited to start integrating some of the other features.

Pros

It’s very functional but basic to understand and use.

Cons

There isn’t a live person to ask questions. The training videos are fairly short but when I really need to figure something out, I don’t have time to watch an hour of videos!

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

It was the first one I tried. I am also setting up Fresha, as it’s free and my client base is only about 25 people right now. WellnessLiving was far too expensive for me at this time and I haven’t looked into Mindbody yet. I’ve used Acuity for another business but I didn’t think it had enough integrated features to be as useful.

Response from Vagaro

Replied January 2021

Hi, thank you for your review! If you have any questions about any of our features, please contact our Support Team any time at sales.vagaro.com/contact by phone, email, or live chat so we can assist you further.

Charolett J. from Le Paradis Day Spa, LLC

Cannot Book Couples Massage

Overall, good software for spa, but just amazed that simple features are missed.

Pros

I love that there are many benefits for clients, easy tutorials and for the most part Spa friendly.

Cons

I am appalled there is no feature to book couples massage. How did the tech designers miss something so simple. Couples book appointments at spas all this time, so how is a software designed for spas not have couples services required for 2 service providers? Its very frustrating having to create services then bundling them together in order to have 2 service providers. This feature should not be this complicated.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Thought it was more day spa orientated.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Too expensive and did not quite meet the needs for Day Spas.

Response from Vagaro

Replied August 2020

Hi Charolett, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Joanne from J Lozy, LMT

Evaluated by a massage therapist with 25 years experience.

Very positive. The company upgrades their product when needed adding user friendly comprehensive features that enhance the users experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use Vagaro for online and mobile booking for both the owner and client. COLOR CODING: I like the use of color bands to show confirmed, show, no show etc. it helps me keep track at a glance. CHECK OUT: The check out is also very easy with all options for payment available. If you like keeping track of customers paying with MasterCard, Visa etc this option is available. This was not my experience with other programs, although it's not something I used it would be helpful for tracking clients paying with Medical Flex Plans. NOTES: I like this section it's comprehensive to different professions. The medical note section is helpful for massage therapists and other medically oriented professions. I especially like the POP UP notes. Very helpful when you have special needs clients. Also helpful for an aging (post menopausal) memory (LOL, some may not understand this importance). PERSONAL TASK: This is a great option that allows you to block off chunks of time. It also allows you to choose reasons for the block, sick, personal time etc. Especially nice when tracking you personal down time. All in all it's a well thought out program. Whenever I've needed help the CHAT feature and the customer service representatives have been very helpful in solving my issues. Generally you don't have to wait long for help. That's especially helpful as every self-employed persons time is valuable.

Cons

If you need to shut off the online feature (which I've needed to do during Covid) you can't last I checked. Plus, I'm in the process of downsizing toward retirement. I'm no longer looking to take new clients but I want to continue using the program to book my existing clients. I just wanted to prevent clients from being able to book on line so I can control my schedule. The only way to do this was to block out all my time slots with the Personal Task feature. Clients eventually end up calling me, which is what I want. I sent notifications, but you know how that goes. The other option I think would be helpful that isn't available is the option to choose different colors for the PERSONAL TASK blocks. I'm a visual, color oriented person, right now the only option for Personal Task is brown. I like to be able to assign or have assigned colors associated with the different block options, like green for "sick time", blue for "meeting" etc. Lastly I believe this program leads the on line booker to believe it's more of a salon oriented environment. I know for a fact some more medically oriented massage therapists have shied away from using it for that reason, because I've recommended it and received this feedback. I think the developers maybe doing themselves a disservice in this regard. The program is very comprehensive for medically oriented massage therapists, chiropractors, craniosacral therapists, reiki masters and like professions.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Features, price and ease of use. It was also similar to the features I had with a call center company I used for many years.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I liked the features, custom service experience, price and ease of use.

Response from Vagaro

Replied January 2021

Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for your feedback! We do offer an ability to turn off the online booking feature. This setting is available on the Employee Profiles page. We appreciate your review and are thankful to have you as a business on Vagaro!

Kendall from Arctic Blast Cryo

Vagaro is FANTASTIC for Retail and Spa

Fantastic. We are very pleased with Vagaro. Though there are a few things that we would like to see improved, overall, the software is spectacular for our business. We appreciate the partnership we have with Vagaro.

Pros

Vagaro is extremely user friendly. Our staff adapted immediately. The software is similar to other software on the market, therefore, it is an easy transition. Transitioning from our former software (Booker) was fluid. Vagaro was very helpful. The chat feature is priceless. Being able to resolve issues and/or get advice on best practices within a few minutes is worth its weight in gold.

Cons

There are a few functionality issues for the type of business that we conduct. We are a cryospa. We offer memberships to clients and there is little versatility in the membership option. In addition, there is a "glitch" in the check-out process that we see regularly. If a patron purchases a package and uses that package in the same transaction, the session does not deduct from the packages. Ex. Patron purchases 10 visits and uses one during the same visit, after checking the patron out, the package still shows 10 visits remaining when there should be 9. There are "fixes" or ways to finagle or adjust the account but that is time consuming and redundant.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Booker is extremely antiquated. It is also very, very expensive. We constantly had to make "work arounds" in order to use the software in a way that allows us to conduct business efficiently. Trying to train a new hire on Booker was a nightmare. Trying to explain all the "work arounds" was impossible. We often found ourselves telling new staff members to leave the transaction(s) open and we would deal with them the following business day.

Response from Vagaro

Replied December 2020

Hi Kendall, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Sara from LifeStyles Salon

Great Booking System

It has over all been pretty great especially now that they give notice when updates are happening and the system goes down.

Pros

The Customer service has quick response and my customers find it user friendly

Cons

Well first of all I know over 1000 stylist use this yet our industry is not listed in the pick an industry choice. So in case you don't know it is called the beauty industry, not cosmetics and not consumer services. Any how I do wish the reports were more streamlined some how I do feel like I always need to go to a different screen to find out different reports.

Recommended by my salon coach [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

To include retail sales and better service options.

Response from Vagaro

Replied December 2020

Hi Sara, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Amanda from On Point Pilates Studio

We love Vagaro

It's been grea; however, getting on with customer service has been a problem, which is understandable. With Mindbody the tech was able to pop on my computer screen to help, which convenient and sometimes easier than trying to explain a situation to the tech they can see what or who you are looking at.

Pros

It's user friendly, for both the studio and client. Being small business owner, the cost of services is saving me so much. Wish I would have made the switch long ago. I like that we have different options for packages an d services.

Cons

Wish there was an easier way to checkout a clients for multiple days. Often times when I back to reconcile accounts, it would be nice to do one client and reconcile with a drop box check-out in one place for multiple days.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Cost effective, user friendly for users and business, and marketing features. Was highly recommended by Tangle Salon.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

They were too expensive. I could not make the packages my small studio needed without paying extra money as if I was a large facility. There were several increases in fees. Also, the marketing that Vagaro offers us is way better and does not require us to be on a large facility rate scale to have access to the tools we need to be successful as a small business.

Response from Vagaro

Replied December 2020

Hi Amanda, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Autumn from CherJo'Klé Aesthetic Face & Skin Treatment Center

Great App for your business.

My experience has been positive so far but it does have some problems that need to be worked on so the system can be the best on the market Ever!

Pros

I love the fact that I can easily book a client and rebook a client. The calendar is set up very nicely and organized. I have used a lot of systems in the past and this one is the best I have used. I love that I can also easily move a client's appointment to a different day and time without cancelling and rescheduling it.

Cons

I do not like that the software has some problem when a client is searching (anytime) for a service in vagaro and my page does not show up because (anytime) doesn't mean (anytime) it means at that moment. Which is very frustrating because anytime should mean search anytime. With covid and hours changing that is causing us to lose business because our company is only by appointment. This needs to be fixed. I also do not like that you can't add time in for cleaning. With covid happening I should be able to have a time slot that is for cleaning 30 minutes so a client cannot book during that time. Another flaw.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Vagaro is affordable and you get the POS as part of the purchase and Forms. It has so much more to offer and is more affordable. I was paying so much before.

Response from Vagaro

Replied November 2020

Hi Autumn, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Mary from Premier Face and Bodywork, LLC

Features & functionality

Pros

Vagaro keeps all of my client information, services, products, reports and finances very well organized. I've used this software for over 5 years now and my favorite thing is, it's forever changing (for the better of course). I honestly have no complaints with the way it runs, however, if I'd like to see a change all I have to do is make a request and they take it under consideration. Obviously not every suggestion can be accommodated; but for the most part it just keeps getting better and better for a very reasonable price.

Cons

I wish when a customer decides they want to opt-out from receiving email marketing from one salon it wouldn't affect another. When a different business uses vagaro but the client has been to someone else and chose not receive email marketing they don't receive mine.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Convenience at first. Where I was renting it was already being used. Now I own my own spa and don't share with anyone but continue to use it because I'm extremely satisfied with customer service and fuctionality.

Response from Vagaro

Replied November 2020

Hi Mary, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Leasa from Birdie Hair Salon

Easy and most of all fun!

Even my least tech savy staff love this app. It's like their own little business is their pocket. You can update colour themes and making the app look visually pretty and personalised is also a great feature. Overall it does what I need it to do and makes my life easier. What else could you ask for.

Pros

This system is the easiest I have used and has the most features for a decent price. Has most of the things I need and clients always comment on how super easy the online booking system is. Needless to say we get a lot of clients booking online The mobile part of the system is the easiest I have used and you can do so much from your phone

Cons

A few things need to be customisable such as the text message system especially in Australia. Probably needs text message marketing options as well. It could be a little easier to add services to existing services. You currently have to pretend to checkout the client and add the service there. It's easy to delete or alter services on an existing booking but not to add the service.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

More features and easier to use

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

It had the most features of any products I had previously used and each update just makes it better and better

Response from Vagaro

Replied November 2020

Hi Leasa, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Benjamin from SWEAT Little Rock Sauna Studio

Exactly what I was looking for

Before Vagaro, we had one system for point of sale, one system for booking and a third for customer information management. We wanted a system that would do all of that and move our business to the next level. Vagaro was the answer to that, bar none. To have everything in one software package eliminates errors we were making when entering in things in multiple places previously. The reporting is top notch and the ability to access everything remotely from our phones and see appointments and transactions in real-time is a great benefit.

Pros

We were looking for one single system that could do everything for our business. Point of sale, booking, inventory, online booking, excellent reporting, custom forms, email/text marketing, etc. Vagaro has it all. It's one complete package that we can access remotely and via our phones at any time.

Cons

While this software was made mostly for Salons with numerous Stylists (Service Providers), it took a big of tweaking and being creative when setting it up for us. With us being a Sauna Studio, clients don't book people, they book actual rooms. There was a little bit of a learning curve on how to set that up properly but it works brilliantly now. I wish there was a little more customization on some deep settings, but all in all, I can't complain at all.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Zenoti was way, way too expensive for a small business such as us and YoureOnTime didn't offer recurring payments (for memberships). They look to be great products (especially YoureOnTime), but they just didn't fit our needs 100%.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

We wanted one program to do everything, and after researching Vagaro and trying the Free Trial, it was absolutely what we wanted...and more.

Response from Vagaro

Replied October 2020

Hi Benjamin, thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Jennifer from Hello Gorgeous

vagaro

Everything has always been great since i have been using this app. I have tried others and this is the BEST in my opinion!

Pros

Cons

I love everything I haven't had any issues at all..

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

very easy to use. The price is great ..and the appointment reminders are awesome

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

The salon I was in switched to this and we all went in on it and i have been happy with it.

Response from Vagaro

Replied August 2020

Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Tammy from Hair Craft Inc

Exactly what our salon has been looking for!

Overall, Vagaro has saved me so much time as the salon coordinator. It has made things that used to be tedious, time-consuming, and ineffective so simplified. Our out-dated system had limited options on many things. The auto-texting for reminder's (previously we did all reminders by calling clients) saved out life. It has saved us on no-show appts, clients showing up at wrong times, etc. We have even saved $ on the amount of appt cards we use because client's just want the text message instead of a physical card.

Pros

SO USER FRIENDLY! Our stylist's were so intimidated by getting a new software, especially after using the same, outdated one for over 15 + years. Many of them aren't the most tech-savvy individuals, but it took hardly any time at all the train them on the system. They LOVE having the ability to see their schedules from the personal smart phone/ tablet when they aren't at work. Our client's LOVE their texting reminders.

Cons

One of the main things I do wish were able to be customized would be on the daily ticket sheets we print each day. I would like to edit the amount of history for each client that is shown so that multiple pages do not print out for each client. The font is small and so i have to print it to be larger and then it ends up printing multiple unnecessary pages out.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Price point was much better fit for our salon, as well as user- friendliness & easily navigable.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

We really wanted the stylist's to be able to see their schedules at home, and also wanted the texting reminder's available to our clients.

Response from Vagaro

Replied August 2020

Hi Tammy, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Cristene A from The Studio Lake Tahoe

Best fit for a diverse business with an unbeatable price.

Overall my experience has been Wonderful. I seem to find more ways to expand, streamilne and save time every time I log in.

Pros

Vagaro has such wonderful functionality, its very user friendly, and the updates and offerings that were implemented to serve users during the pandemic have been absolutely outstanding. The multi use calendar has been a very valuable asset to myself and staff and the combined inventory tracking, checkout features, and marketing tools have streamlined my business. Using Vagaro has saved me time, frustration and has increased our professional presence in our community. One of the the best features is the unbeatable price. I haven't found any platform that has satisfied our needs as diverse Holistic Wellness Center with room to grow.

Cons

I wish I could print my address list to a label so I can send old fashioned b-day cards. When I create my marketing blasts the finger scroll jumps very quickly leaving the user to have to manually us the scroll to the right. Very minimal issues to even speak about.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

User friendly, cost, and functionality. Vagaro seems like it has heart, and really cares about helping the user/business organize, streamline and grow.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Mostly cost, but I didn't need the specific features I was paying for, and it was difficult to learn the program

Response from Vagaro

Replied June 2020

Hi Cristene, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Kelly from KB Massage Therapy

Vagaro Helped control by business

this program has made my business run so smoothly, with out having to reinvent the wheel. I love that no matter what the future hold, I can add on as i grow, or as my needs change, and its SO affordable.

Pros

I finally have the ease of doing that I am best at. I have NEVER liked the "paperwork" of my business, and Vagaro has allowed to excel at being a business owner but with out spending the insane amount of time I was use to using to keep my business running. I love that its like having my own personal assistant!!

Cons

there are so many features, that sometimes i have a hard time locating a setting change, or a feature I need to use, without help. I do love that I can ask them.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I chose Vagaro because i could get all the features I wanted and the cost was minimal. I also wanted to have 24/7 support.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I needed something that was more comprehensive and addressed all my business needs, and vagaro does just that.

Response from Vagaro

Replied June 2020

Hi Kelly, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Caitlyn from Caitlyn Overby - Massage Therapy & Yoga

Recommend

Vagaro helps me organize all of my forms, treatment notes, and private yoga notes all in one safe place.

Pros

I use this software to manage my yoga and massage business. It is a very affordable option that offers the same features as other software for less than half the price. I've turned several friends on to this software and they all agree it is easy to use and easy on the wallet.

Cons

Most of my qualms with this software have been updated and fixed! They are constantly adding to the capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Mindbody was incredibly pricey, not as user friendly according to staff, and doesn't have as many integration options.

Response from Vagaro

Replied June 2020

Hi Caitlyn, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Nashira from Nashira Massage Studio

Best appointment app out there

I am fully satisfied with Vagaro.

Pros

You get the biggest bang for your buck with this app. I have tried a few others in the past and paid way too much for features that Vagaro not only charges an affordable price for but the set up in easy and self explanatory that you don't really need to call into tech support. I have also tried several of different types of marketing on various platforms but Vagaro has one that I have gotten plenty of clients from. Their forms is amazing, you can do intake forms and send out surveys and given that we are going through a pandemic its an easy way to get fast feedback from you clients without being in front of them. Everything is basically customizable without being too overwhelming with their features. You can literally tailor it to your business needs without being forced to have a feature and pay for it just because it falls in a certain category. Keep up the good work Vagaro!

Cons

Sending an invoice for a future appointment. Sometimes we get booked for chair events in the future and the company hiring us requests to pay a day or two before the event.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Mindbody charges a high price to not only use the platform but to make any additions to it as well (feature, forms, emails/texts). Vagaro has an unbundled price and allows you to add these different features for a small additional fee that can add up but its still affordable in comparison. I believe Vagaro was the perfect switch for me and the only thing I miss about Mindbody was the view of the schedule. It was a bit easier on the eyes compared to the view of the schedule on Vagaro. I don't have any suggestions on how to fix it though so it isn't a complaint but just a suggestion.

Response from Vagaro

Replied May 2020

Hi Nashira, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Christine from Christine Kraychy Esthetics

Made my aesthetic career easy and increased revenue

Excellent! I can be anywhere there is wifi if a client wants to change their appt or has questions about booking or cancelling their appt. This site has saved me so much time, paper with online receipts, and is so efficient with the automatic appt confirmation. It has helped me be very efficient with organizing time, appts and has helped to increase revenues.Very up to date and easy to use from my iPhone or laptop!

Pros

for the client: accessible through an app, sign up with facebook as well, automatic emails and or texts to confirm appts, client may cancel appt, online forms easy to fill out for myself: accessible through the app, very easy to schedule and reschedule and cancel appts, a complete custom menu with limitless editing, email and text marketing, inventory easy to do using smartphone and barcodes, check out very efficient online, always choices, no need for a receptionist and very few telephone calls. Automatic confirmation of appts go to the client's email or text for them to add to their calendar

Cons

In Canada clients can't purchase on the website, although I do use Anycard online e-giftcards with the Stripe availability and clients can etransfer me directly or phone in their credit card for an online gift certificate. Must purchase an extra website feature if wanting more space for pictures, etc, so I end up posting on Instagram with examples, before and after. No feature to post videos, but I understand the site is looking in to this feature

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

>Wix: is limited with the menu and didn't fit my spa menu and booking needs at all >Insight: I am familiar with but thought it was too expensive and did not like the booking method, as I have used it at a salon previously >Mindbody: I did purchase 2013 and used for a year when I had a large spa and staff. It was very expensive at the time and I had to buy all of their equipment for the program to work. Best suited for a large spa with many employees, as for myself as the sole service provider, I don't need a program for employee or contractor commission.

Response from Vagaro

Replied May 2020

Hi Christine, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Jasmen from Jazzy Braidz Salon LLC

Came on home after trying other scheduling software

Employee participation

Pros

My team does hair, NOT computers or technology so I too for granted how unintimidating the Vagaro platfor is for artist and creative thinkers. It uses images for my clients and because I have a hair salon, everyone wants to SEE what we do and Vagaro shows them why they want to schedule. They are ready to take us to the top and during the COVID-19 crisis they more than had my back every while I wasn't with them. They continued to reach out while the company I was using at the time and paying 5 times more for per month was doing a bunch of nothing. I am happy to inform my team that while everything is going crazy in the world, or new normal at the salon will be with Vagaro, they have the ability to set up mobile services already, I just had to flip a switch and I am able to redirect my entire business in a necessary way.

Cons

The primary colors made ME feel like it was an immature ap for a teen but my staff which is made up of millenias LOVES IT so I had to rethink things. The color had nothing to do with the fuctionality of the software but it did encourage the staff to do inventory counts, and it stops the admin team (ME) from getting tired of looking at a white screen.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Cost & Support but most of all the way my clients see the services on their end.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Jasmen, thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thank you for being a Vagaro Business!

Matt from Evolution X Fitness

Awesome software with amazing support

Currently we have been able to streamline our scheduling and payments with Vagaro. Recently we integrated zoom so that we could work our way through the COVID-19 crisis. It was one of the best and easiest to use additions vagaro has added.

Pros

Vagaro is extremely easy to use I love how they truly listen to the customers and are constantly evolving their software. They have done and continue to do so much for small business. Amazing bang for your buck!

Cons

The only feature that I do not like about the software is the ability to past date payments. For example someone pays with a check and you do not input that payment the day of then you can not back date the payment date.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Both software's did not compare to the compatibility of Vagaro. The cost and user interface was no where near that of Vagaro.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Mindbody started nickel and diming for everything, their software was great but definitely not worth the prices they began to command. Mindbody's card processing is even worse for random changes and fees.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Matt, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Christy from Java Salon

I love the format of the software

I love that I do not need other services like Demand Force or Square for invoices and Gift Card Sales when using Vagaro. I can now customize Vargaro to do the same things in 1 software and in 1 payment per month!

Pros

I love that the software is able to customized to my salon company needs. I love the email and text message marketing. I am still learning the program and all the add on services available. This month my 2 favorite features have been the invoice capability to be able to sell products to our clients while shut down for 30 days and then the ability to email & text clients of the current status of the salon closure.

Cons

Reports are either not as detailed as I need or trying to pull collected information. For example, I wish I could pull a list of new clients who visited our company last month. I also wish I could mas tag a group of clients like tag all customers who bought "Color and haircut" or a specific product. Ability to mass tag would give my more marketing power as I listed in what I love most about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

The biggest reason was the low cost and the protected IP.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Envision Cloud does not have a protected IP at it's lowest tier price!

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Christy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Michelle from EOS Lymphatic Massage

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Vagaro Cares About Customer Service/Support

Overall experience, great value for what they offer, outstanding customer service/support that you can actually talk to over the phone and money maker option.

Pros

The fact that I can get a LIVE human being on the phone to help me with just about anything I need relating to the site. The folks in customer care and always patient, kind and helpful...even when I have grumpier days. Grateful to these wonderful beings!

Cons

Well, I really would like it to integrate with a virtual receptionist like www.ruby.com As my business has grown, I'd love to be able to have this feature available to further help myself and my clientele. I also would prefer that the booking function automatically NOT allow for a customer to book sections that I've blocked off for time in between clients. The customer sees something different from what I see right now regarding this piece and we need to be on the same page with this.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

By the time Schedulicity came out, I was already with Vagaro. Appointments Plus had some great offerings but they nickel and dime you for things like text reminder for your clients which, as a solo practitioner, can really add up and hurt my bottom line.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

They didn't offer human customer support. They only offered email support. Other companies have lost my business when they don't have an actual person I can reach with a question about how to use their software. This is an important piece for ANY business to have. A.I. or a bot isn't the same and actually cheapens the quality of ANY experience with a company I'm trusting to help me with a critical part of my business...online booking of my clients.

Response from Vagaro

Replied March 2020

Hi Michelle, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Cassandra from Love and Hair Peace Salon

Easy to use / lacking functionality

I used Vagaro for a couple years but got rid of it because of how often their site would crash or freeze. I gave it another try after years with a desktop software because I was looking for a cloud based booking company . It was catostrophic to my salon . They didn’t transfer most of what was promised ( that I paid for) . I spend 3 days transferring all of my own things ( services products etc) then when I ran my payroll was all calculated wrong by hundreds of dollars . No one could tell me why . If is impossible to get a hold of anyone to speak to when you need help and when how do finally they act like they could care less. The functionality and detail just is not there ,

Pros

It was very easy to use and figure out without and specific training . I also like the online booking features and website they give you.

Cons

There is no ability to void any transaction when a mistake is made . Also their customer service is awful . Also I was led to believe they had a time clock when in actuality their do not unless you make an additional purchase of cards and a swipe machine .

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I did not choose it. I ended up using a cloud based version of salon iris .

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I was looking for a cloud based booking system as opposed to a software one

Katrina from Kat's Hair Therapy

Part time gal

The financial tracking and break downs are very simple and easy.

Pros

I really love that with this software, everything is pretty much in one place. The POS is relatively easy to use and I havent had many issues at all. The customization adds a nice flair as well.

Cons

There are only TWO things that come to mind. 1. I wish I could set certain days through out the month and not necessarily certain weekly hours. I am a part time worker and I work a random three days every week. My clients are not allowed to book through the online part because I cant pick the days I will be available without it being a reoccurring weekly schedule. If it is, I havent figured it out and would love to know how to do so! 2. Fridays/ weekends it takes FOREVER to get my transfer into my bank. Its very frustrating at times due to the fact that I am a very small business and don't have large transactions frequently.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

My coworker uses it and she told me that it made doing her taxes easier to accomplish without the stress and that is right up my ally!

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I used the old pen & paper style schedule book and always found myself telling people that I didnt have my appointment book on me. Now I always do because its right on my phone and has been very convenient for my business and has helped it grow.

Felicia from J Winston

My clients and myself love Vagaro!

Vagaro has been great. Even when My website domain host offered a booking site through them, they admitted theirs can't compare to everything Vagaro can do.

Pros

I love that I don't have to be a slave to my phone. I don't have to go back and forth with clients, "how bout this time? or this time? or this time?" they can just get online and see all my openings! I don't (often) have to leave my clients in the middle of appointments to book another one. When i'm off/busy i set my work phone to driving mode, directing my clients to book online. The reminder texts are a God Sent according to my clients and compliments very well the ability to set my clients up on a rotating schedule which is also very convenient! Oh, and the dashboard is a great tool to track busy times, slow times and number of clients, repeat clients and if they're booking online or not

Cons

I don't know if this is already a feature or something I need to do on my end through my phone but it'd be very useful if i got some sort of sound notification, a ding of some sort, when someone booked online so i would be aware of it when i'm super busy and think I know my schedule and end up telling a walk-in to come back when I think I have a gap in my day but it's been filled online. I do wish there was a way I could make certain appointments only available during certain times for services that I share a room with another stylist. And not that it happens often (maybe 3 times in 3 years) but when the site is down.... i feel totally lost, like a have no control over my life, I don't know when my next appointment is, who they are or what they're having done! it's awful. but it never lasts more than an hour or two I don't think.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

better over all lay out, ease of use and convenient domain name.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I don't remember the exact features that the other ones it tried lacked.

Kyesolyn from Phoenix Heir Spa

My Search For Software Is Finally Over

Using Vagaro I've found that it puts me at ease and I no longer stress about confirmations, keeping up with clients schedule for services, I am able to get deposits, clients can book themselves according to the availability that have, I can offer specials/discounts and know that they are not only sent to clients but announced on the site. Using Vagaro has definitely help making marketing much easier.

Pros

The Vagaro Software is very easy to use and has a video tutorial option for anything you aren't sure about as well as customer service persons on hand. After reviewing and researching multiple programs I decided to give Vagaro a try because they have excellent reviews, extensive options for all areas of business that allows for growth, reports to follow sales patterns, customization for services and sales, free software for credit card charges when you sign up for services and so much more. Best of all, it won't break the bank and they continuously offer suggestions on how to increase sales and bring in more clients.

Cons

There aren't really any cons that I haven't been able to get help with via tutorial videos. If anything, there are so many options that I haven't learned everything the system can do after nearly 6 months. I feel like the system lags sometimes, but I cannot say for sure if it's the system or my connections.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Ease of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling without having to contact us, ability to customize the system for my business, flexibility in booking, adding and removing services, ease of payment processing and collection of deposit for services.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Easier and more creative marketing options, expansion options, better value

Response from Vagaro

Replied February 2020

Hi Kyesolyn, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

HEATHER from Tranquil Traditions

Smart choice

Pros

I love how easy the setup is. Vagaro walks you through every part of the software so you know exactly what to do and how to use it. Additional features are more advance. Love the build in marketing features and how easy it was to link to my personal website.

Cons

cost of additional features. started at $25/ month now to get everything I need I was close to what I was paying for other software companies. However, the customer service is far better.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Customer service, easy to use. updated marketing. looks more professional than others.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

price/ outdated. harder to do marketing through their software. too many steps. lots of error codes and it got to the point almost everyday something was wrong.

Response from Vagaro

Replied January 2020

Hello Heather, We are very pleased to hear you are happy with our software and our Support team! You are correct, the price does incrementally increase with the level of use - Vagaro is $25 a month for a single user and $10 for each additional user on your account up to seven total users. Anything above and beyond seven users are free. We also offer premium features such as credit card processing, email & text marketing, online forms and check-in app which attract an additional fee. Our Support staff is here to answer any additional questions you may have or walk you through the full functionality of the software, to ensure you are getting the most value for your money. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via phone at (925) 464-1932, or send an email to support@vagaro.com and one of our agents will respond quickly. Regards, Dan C.

Scott from Infinite Beaute'

Total salon management suite at a very reasonable price.

Since I am independent contractor and responsible for booking my own appointments, this really frees up a lot of time that I would have to spend on the phone booking and confirming appointments. Also helps me keep track of so many aspects of my business so I know at a glance what needs to be addressed, how and when. I have considered using other options and even signed up for a couple of trials but in the end I have stayed with Vagaro because nothing else has impressed me enough to switch.

Pros

Many available features and you only pay for what you need to use. Very intuitive interface and comprehensive online tutorials to help if you need help. I work in a salon with others who don't use salon management software and still do everything "old school". I am amazed at how much more time they spend on the things that Vagaro simply takes care of for me such as allowing my clients to book their own appointments online 24/7 and sending reminders and confirming appointments. I keeps track of my retail inventory and lets me know when I need to reorder and the customization of reports really help me see what areas of my business need attention.

Cons

When I recently changed salons and starting booth renting for the first time, I was advised by Vagaro that my client information would be transferred to my new Vagaro account with the previous salon owners permission. However, once I set up the new account the only thing that was transferred was client names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and appointment notes. NO CLIENT HISTORY AT ALL! I had over 1000 client names and I had no idea when they were in last, how often they came in, what services they booked. Customer service was not much help as this point since client history simply isn't something that they transfer as part of client data so not much they could do. I hope they add this feature in the future since it's really the only negative (although a pretty big one for me). I was able to send an email blast to the clients who had provided an email address but that still left a LOT of people who still needed to be identified as current clients and notified of my move. The process was far more labor intensive than it ever should have been and the length of time it took definitely cost me time and money.

Cost, features, flexibility.

Paul from Body Balance Massage and Float

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great scheduling software that is constantly getting better.

I have really enjoyed using Vagaro, it seems like whenever I am thinking of something I would love to have the ability to do Vagaro has either just rolled it out or rolls it out a couple of weeks later. Their dedication to constant improvement has made using Vagaro really great. I also love how easy it is to use day to day. My receptionists and I have used other software for scheduling and it was usually a mess, having everything clean, simple, and easy to use has made my day to day work life much easier.

Pros

There are so many things that I really love about Vagaro. I looked at a lot of different scheduling systems before deciding on Vagaro. The others that I looked at were either too bulky and complicated or were too simple and lacked key features. Vagaro strikes a great balance of being full-featured while keeping things simple, intuitive, and easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to add upgrades to services instead of having to add an upgrade as a separate service. I think this would make things easier for massage services which often have upgrades that are added onto the regular service.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Vagaro had the features and functionality that I needed in a clean easy to use format. Price was a big factor as well. Vagaro provides great value for the price. Great entry-level pricing that lets you get started and expand as you need.

Dianne from Healing Through Touch Massage

Great app, but missing some key requirements for 2020 appointment booking, customer mgmt

Not the best. Development is not designed for real business processes in the health and wellness industry. Explaining to customer service what issues are is NOT productive. Customer Service reps are NOT trained, but learn on the job, most calls are put on hold while CS rep confirms with experienced personel, sometimes as long as 15 min. Hold and wait times are extremely ong

Pros

Inexpensive, easy to set up, basic appt booking and packages available

Cons

Pkg use is not based on value, rather on total paid divided by # used Monthly subscription is not user friendly, 6 month subscription should ONLY renew every 6 months vs each month which confuses customer Emails should NOT be sent for every change to calendaring as sometimes rebooking, re re booking is needed and even though during rebooking I can select NOT to send to customer, Vagaro sends ANYWAY based on customer being signed up to ever receive email/text/sms. To compensate, the work around is customer are NEVER set up to receive emails or text or SMS and all confirmations are done manually via NON AUTOMATED text Package totals cannot be modified after purchase. Ex: Owner policy is late cancel (48 hr notice required) or no show is full charge to customer. If client cancels same day and another client wants that appt time, both have to be booked on the same day at the same time in order to reduce package by 1 for no show client and charge package (or credit card) for client that really came and used that time slot. Although the user interface is titled modify # of remaining in package, the change DOES NOT change number remaining it changes total of package and thus all appts are repriced by the software, confusing both the accountant and the customer No reporting or "view" of client visits and charges from client account Owner has to go to a separate function called reports, run transaction report (memorize when the client was at the shop..eg last 6 months) AND the repo

Cost

Cost

Penny from Headlines Salon

Vagaro Fan

I have no complaints. Vagaro has done exactly what they claim to do and has proven to be very user friendly.

Pros

Cost affordable All the features that are available Easy to use Clients love the reminders that they can get

Cons

I haven't found anything yet. Using the marketing tools can be challenging for a new comer, but for the most part I don't have anything to complain about.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Cost, features and ease were the top reasons.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

This product is more affordable and much more user friendly. The updates are all taken care of without additional costs and without down time to the program during regular business hours. So many features available without extra add-on costs. Vagaro has been a huge benefit to our business!

Maria from Pampered People Boutique

I love this booking system!

Pros

This booking system makes my business so much easier to run as a soloprenuer . It is so much more than just a booking system , it is my website and POS as well. I love how it sends out multiple reminders to clients (3) I believe . My clients love it as well for the ease of use and the reminders. I get compliments on this and how the website looks as well. I love that Vagaro listens to its clients requests and adds new features from time to time . There is also a chat feature for help and on the phone assistance as well. I love the fact that I can sell gift certificates, and cc cards as well . Today I got an email that now if we wish we can have clients pre pay for services. The customer service is just wonderful. I revcently changed the template on my website to something that reflects my business image now . I love how it is easy peasy to do so , without assistance. Many of my clients like the option to book online themselves. I love how to make reports for my accountant is easy as well . Another benefit is email marketing. If you want to know more sign up for the free trial .

Cons

I wish they had an answering service. Maybe one day . They do have a place where you can put a clients formula which is great . But if a client gets multiple services it would be nice if there were multiple type cards for them for , facials , lashes , hair , etc . I wish they also had online forms for clients to fill out and sign . But these are not really cons just potential features that haven't been created yet

Annie from Primp & Refinery

So far the customer support has been great, and I love they have classes each Monday.

Pros

One vary cool thing about Vagaro is when you sign up as a single business owner or someone with a whole team, the encouraging words "You got this!" Made me smile. I knew this system would be a good fit if it could encourage me along the way to growing my business! What other company does that? The price seems vary reasonable and I love how my clients will get text reminders automatically after booking an appointment with me. Its so important these days as we can get so busy and forget an important appointment. Vagaro Pro seems to be vary user friendly and will be painless to train others to use. I have only been using Vagaro for a few weeks now for the free trial and I love the ease of navigation this program offers. I have used other computer systems and for the price I feel I will be getting quality for the investment. I have called tech support twice now and each time I have called with a question it seems as though the tech support team member was truly happy to help me. I also love how they offer classes weekly. This will be a great way to help me to continue to learn and train my staff. I have been in transition moving my business and location. The option to transfer all my client data from a spread sheet or my cell pone has been so helpful and a time saver. I feared I was going to have to enter each client one by one, but the import option made it so easy and only took a few minutes to do. I will be telling other business owners about this booking system. Its great!

Cons

One thing if find frustrating with most electronics is that the options change with different devices. The same is true with booking stytems. I was able to down load the Vagaro app for my cell phone, but not my desk top. It would be nice not to have to log on each time on my desk top, and just rather click an icon and my books open for me like it does on my cell phone. I would also like the open to test trial the Vagaro credit card services, but that is not included in the trial. One things I found challenging is customizing my service menu. Vagaro has so many services already input in the statement I have had to go through and delete many services I do not offer as well and filtering through the descriptions of each service I do want to keep. It would make it more simple to keep the service menu empty so the business owner can customize without having to delete and edit prices for services they want. Though, may be helpful to someone brand new to the industry. I also do not care for my clients to have access to online booking. I would rather be in charge when a guest needs a reservation so we give proper timing for each individual service. The only valuable thing for online booking would be for more guest control. I do not want to that up or maybe the idea is just too new for me. Also, you don't know is booking. Everything is so electronic these days. I would rather talk to a real person about my reservation then just book online, thinking costumer service communication.

Samantha from Mia Bella Salon

My salon has used this software since we opened almost 4 years ago, absolutely love it.

The salon benefits tremendously from using this software. First being, salon operations. The overall smooth running of the salon. With the booking block scheduling, color coordinated services, customized services, and application/processing time being adjustable, it just makes the salon run so much smoother. The service providers never struggle with their time management thanks to vagaro. Each service booked in their book is booked appropriately by time, which makes a smooth transition from one client to the next. Also, when checking customers out, it is super easy. Being a booth rental salon, who still functions as a team and uses one system, one receptionist, one merchant, one credit card machine, it makes it easy. It breaks down each providers day, total services, total money taken, etc. So, when it's time to closeout, there are no mishaps, you know exactly what happened with each client, by name, by service, by provider. You can truly check anything you need to. Also, when clients move their appointments around, as clients always do, vagaro has it set up very smoothly. It's very easy to move a clients appointment from one day to the other. Also, having the business website attached to the actual software is a major bonus! A lot of new clients find us using vagaro. The new customers can see customer reviews, they can see our service menu and prices, our hours, everything they need to know, and they can book online right then and there! Our clients truly love booking online, without that feature, a lot of our clients would have a hard time booking appointments because their schedule changes from day to day. With this option, the night before they know they are going to be free for a service, they can open up their phone and book for the appointment they need with the service provider of their choice! Vagaro, with the few faults it may have, is hands down the BEST salon software you can get today! It's a one size fits all type of system that has worked while we were an hourly salon, then to a commission salon, and now a booth rental salon. Vagaro is so great that we REQUIRE all of our service providers to use this system! The providers that have been with us since the beginning wanted to stay with vagaro. The new providers were amazed by the system and were happy they made the switch! Anyone who has ever used this system would be a customer, no matter the size or type of salon you have! It's the best! Almost 4 years with vagaro, and many more to come!

Pros

The online booking feature is a MUST with our clients, they absolutely love it. Also, the fact that you can have your website attached, a beautiful website at that. The ease of entering in all of our services into the service menu, our prices, and individual time intervals per service and per provider. But, the BEST thing about vagaro, is the ease of paper work. We do our daily tally and weekly tally sheets, and vagaro makes that absolutely a breeze. I am part owner, salon manager, and reception and I do all of the employees paperwork and money handling, and vagaro is absolutely amazing and makes the process so much easier than other software I've used over the years. The transaction list, to be able to go through all checkouts for the day, to be able to refund, charges, cash, and checks all separated into categories. It's just amazing. The checkout through vagaro is nice as well, you can put in the tip amount, check, cash, or charge, without using their merchant services, which is a benefit because you have an actual layout of each customer, each transaction, whereas on the credit card machine, which is completely separate, you can only see customer, and how much paid, including tip. Since, we opened this salon, we have only had vagaro, and we will continue to only have vagaro. It's the best salon and spa software that is available. No matter the size of salon, or services offered. This system works for everyone. Also, the text message updates they send out when theyre down.

Cons

There are really only a few things that I like the least about Vagaro. One would be, the system issues, especially with the credit card processing. When we first opened we were using vagaro as our merchant as well for our credit cards, and we had nothing but issues. Even now, I get the texts whenever there is a software malfunction, and it seems most of the malfunction is with credit card processing. So, we ended up having to buy an actual credit card machine and go with a different merchant provider, and now all of that is resolved. The next thing I like the least is, you can't separate your business at all. We have both tanning and a hair/nail salon. So, our tanning hours are slightly different from our hair/nail hours, and there is no way on vagaro, or our website, to separate and add additional hours. The last thing I like the least, is that Vagaro really only allows you to add services, there's no where for us to list our prices for tanning on our website, unless we take a picture of the menu and post it in our pictures, which would be out of place.

Mary from Gel Nail Bar

Industry: Cosmetics

Work Smarter, Not Harder!

My growing home-based nail business was using text message to book hundreds of clients. Switching to automated online booking was THE BEST BUSINESS DECISION I have ever made! It saves me from answering 600+ texts/week at all hours of the day/night so I can better focus my time and energy to providing a quality nail service. Automated booking removes the human errors of miscommunication and mistakes while providing each client ownership of their appointment, thus reducing no-shows. VAGARO online booking was a smooth transition and the App's simple user interface has made clients confident to book/rebook/cancel appointments any hour of the day. Clients can see all available appointments and compare against their schedule, as well as receive reminder emails that could include pertinent details, such as where to park or methods of accepted payment. I searched online and at beauty conventions for the perfect online booking system that could grow with my business needs, and VAGARO is the best value and service available on the market. It was a catalyst to my business development and the very definition of learning how to work smarter, not harder.

Pros

-so far, EVERYTHING! -incredibly easy transition of hundreds of clients over the span of a month; the app is user friendly and self-explanatory -clients of all ages and backgrounds have eagerly accepted the integration of automated booking -easy to book off personal days without clients privy to days off -easy to edit all aspects of the business (clients, hours of operation, services, etc) -no major software bugs; my business operations have never been hampered by software glitches

Cons

After using this software for almost 1 year, I still haven't taken the time yet to explore the fullest capabilities of the software. However, I'm hoping it will be compatible with my Canadian Moneris account in respect to accounting and reporting through the client database and service totals, especially as I add staff to my growing business and move into a management role. The Vagaro name took a while for clients to adapt to - we still don't know how to properly pronounce it!

August 2016

Maria from Pampered People Boutique

August 2016

Excellent Booking System !

I really love this booking system . I find it easy to use and reliable. I also love the chat feature. If I don't understand something or need help with something or just plain forgot how to do something Vagaro tech support is there to help. I first got it because I needed a website ASAP to look professional. I also needed a reliable booking system for myself and my clients. it has increased client retention and clients that did not like to book in advance no do so because they don't have to remember to call and then play phone tag until we get to talk. I am a sole proprietor. Even good people forget appointments , with the 3 reminders that clients get its hard to forget to come in. If they still do forget or no show you can check with Vagaro to see if the text actually went through. I had a client that said she never got the message. She seemed honest but I did not see how that could be possible. I checked with Vagaro and there was an issue with her phone service. I don't do this with everyone, but in this case she really did not get the message. I do love that wen a client confirms the appointment the color in the appointment book changes to orange . If not I call them up. I love how it keeps track of what I do and what the clients get. I also love that I can set rules for online booking. I have mine set to 48 hour advance booking notice and then I have to approve it. But its possible to have same day booking open as well or not at all. I can keep track of how I I take payment cash or credit or check. The gift certificates are wondeful too. You can have a little creativity with them. Now and then someone will call when I am closed for a gift. I can send them a gift certificate through email. You can also do email blasts. I think a text blast would be great too, although they don't offer this at the moment. .

Pros

The ease of use, and the fact that clients get repeat reminders. It has increased client retention. It also shows new clients that I am serious about the business. The website was so easy to set up.

Cons

It does not work with Square. I was using Square before I started with Vagaro. I love Square too. I think the ability to text blast would be great. I know it takes me days to read my own email. A text is read that day. I do wish I had more space on the website. I do offer more services than the average cosmetologist. I also wish there was an easier way to get products that I sell into Vagaro. I think this should be something that Booking systems and beauty companies work on together. it would be great if you could just dropa Dermalogica App into Vagaro. When prices change all products are updated. and so on . Any product line that a salon or spa could use should have something to just ad in easy peasy.

Vika from Julian Mountain Spa

Bes booking software for a day spa

We are hands down, head of heels in love with Vagaro. It made a world of difference in how we run our spa business and added comfort of knowing that the technological part works great. We feel fortunate to work with a progressive, development driven and customer oriented company.

Pros

The software is intuitive and very easy to navigate. The layout and size of the font is easy on the eyes. We love how quickly we can setup new services and classes including the integration with Zoom that allows us to have live streaming sessions. The reports are amazing and provide great analytical support. And to top it all off, the customer services is outstanding. All of our questions and issues are solved quickly and effectively. One last thing, Vagaro is development oriented software, they continuously improve their product and they care about implementing new features which improve user experience.

Cons

The software does not allow to create rooms (as separate from resources ) when doing the scheduling and that poses a bit of difficulty, particularly when a room can be used for couples services and individual services.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I think it was a good feeling after we got off the phone with Vagaro representative and when we explore the software a bit during the trial period.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Vika, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Michele Lynn Riedel from The Nook hair design by Michele

User Friendly

With everything being said Vagaro is awesome. They have marketing emails and inexpensive adds. I am very happy despite having problems. Nothing is perfect and Vagaro customer support is very good. In addition they have training videos and webinars.

Pros

I love Vagaro it is user friendly and streamlines my entire business. My whole business life in one system. Clients love it because of ease of booking and appointment reminders which is great because of obvious reasons but it also is good if there was a miscommunication between myself and a client and we can correct it before a mistake in appointment time and day. It shows me so much data and allows me at a click of a button to see what is going on and see my results. I love it.

Cons

There have been once or twice where a client booked online and it did not show up. I've also had clients show up for an appointment they booked but because I was so busy I did not realize they were coming in. With that being said the Pro's out way a few hiccups. However I have been highly dissatisfied with there mag swipe it is finicky and sometimes doesn't work and I have to key enter a sale which costs more and wastes precious time. Then I bought the blue tooth chip reader but it won't stay connected. So customer service has been very helpful and I am waiting for a docking station for the chip reader which is supposed to keep it connected. I have high hopes for this device. However I wish they would have explained that there was a docking station and that the chip reader would need to be paired after 30 minutes.

Belinda from Back to Blank Laser Tattoo Removal

Double the features, half the price

I am so happy I switched to Vagaro. My last program had half the features and was twice as expensive. Vagaro is an all in one program that makes everything easy both for me the operator and my clients. Also, when COVID hit and we all closed for 12 weeks, Vagaro proactively lowered (halved) the cost for everyone in good faith, until we could reopen again. This helped us out so much. I felt this was forward thinking, very supportive and generous.

Pros

I love the ease of use; from set up, to online booking functionality, the online marketing is simple and easy to set up, the cost is extremely competitive, there are many extra features plus helpful articles, tips and advice that comes out regularly.

Cons

I just wish that I had switched to it sooner.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Firstly Mindbody doubled my monthly membership with no notice, and no explanation. They also disabled some features I already had and told me I had to pay to keep them! I started to look around and could not believe what Vagaro were offering for less than half the price of Mindbody. I switched to Vagao ASAP. They helped with the transfer of my data and made the whole thing a breeze. I wish I had switched years ago!

Response from Vagaro

Replied July 2020

Hi Belinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback! We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses! Your wonderful comments mean so much to us!

Celeste from Porefessionals Skincare & Boutique

Vagaro Review

I am enjoying Vagaro and it meets my needs. I am also enjoying trying to switch all of my marketing, accounting, and website over to Vagaro. I hope one day to have everything in one place and one bill to remember to pay.

Pros

The software is fairly easy to setup and use. I like all the options and that I can use it for most of my business needs.

Cons

I he worst thing I have experienced is that about 20% of my clients Emails come up as duplicate email and it deletes the email from my client page. The other big problem I am currently having is I cannot incorporate my domain to your software. Lastly it was very difficult to incorporate my client database when I first started using Vagaro. Your team was awesome at assisting me with this, but it took several months to fix. To date if a client from my database has not scheduled an appointment since is switched to VagaroPro they are not added to my account.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I closed my brick and mortar and rented a room in a hair salon. The hair salon used Vagaro and if I wanted the receptionist to book my appointments I had to use Vagaro. At that time I paid to be on her account. When I left the salon I decided to create my own account and now I have opened a second location and am thinking of upgrading.

Response from Vagaro

Replied October 2020

Hi Celeste, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Bonni from BonHoffie Skin

Back Again!

I used Vagaro for over 2 years and then when my spa made the leap from day spa to medical spa, I had to find a software that offered virtual charts, and I had to cancel :( Well, 7 months later, I AM BACK! This has been the best software. So I am now paying for 2 software systems and that SUCKS! But Vagaro has such an incredible interface, the online booking, the marketing, everything makes life easier. I look forward to the day VAGARO adds virtual charting and then this will be a one stop shop and I can drop the charting system that I will not name, but HATE using.

Pros

Hands down the most USER friendly for providers and clients

Cons

doesn't offer virtual charting PLEASE ADD VIRTUAL CHARTING

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

The layout, user friendly, easy marketing, easy point of sale, everything is just amazing. Having to leave Vagaro to find a charting system was hard, and as soon as I switched I instantly hated it, stuck it out for 7 months, and now I'm back! (( please please add virtually charting))

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Vagaro is just better all around!

Response from Vagaro

Replied February 2021

Hi Bonni, we appreciate your review, we are happy to hear you are so happy with the software. Thank you for sharing your great idea for how we can improve Vagaro. You can share any ideas and feature requests with us 24/7 at feedback.vagaro.com

Christine from Belmont Beautique & Barbery

Great Tool for my Industry

overall a great experience

Pros

there are so many pro's to this program for the Hair Industry. The switch from my previous scheduling site was so easy. My clients love the ease of scheduling and the reminders have reduced no shows 100%. Being able to keep formulas and notes on all clients in one place is convenient. Employee scheduling and time tracking along with Quick books integration are amazing. The fact you can get a website for just $10 per month and it is linked so if you change something in your main program it changes automatically. It has so much more to offer

Cons

Nothing to do with the software but I would like see better. card reader with a screen like clover or Square.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

at the time I was just a single person salon. I would like to see Vagaro update the hardware

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

needed better features for my business

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Christine, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Suzie from the skin care studio

what else do you need?

As I get to know the software more and more I use more and more of it's features. Thank you Vagaro!