• Pros

• "The tool shows a clear timeline with all my projects. It's a super nice interface with all projects visualized on the calendar. I love the colors, design, and usability."

• "It's super easy to use and can be mastered within a couple hours. Great for tracking a teams project workload and task completion."

• "I love Teamweek! It is a great project management tool. I love having an easy overview of all my current projects and their due dates. "

• Cons

• "Sometimes stopping and restarting gets a bit tangled with you have a lot of task happening co-currently. Not a great multi-tasking tracker. But great at the basic task tracking as needed."

• "There was an update a number of people didn't like, but after contacting customer service, they listened and changed it."

• "The only downside to it being so simple to use, navigate and master is the fact that it seriously limits what all your allowed to do on it. To improve this, it needs alot more functionality. "

Browse Toggl Plan Reviews

Christopher from Christopher Hemsworth Art and Design

Finally, an easy to use Gantt chart system.

I have used Teamweek to help myself keep on track and on target with my projects.

Pros

I have always known about myself that I need a Gantt style chart and linear-style calendar in order to keep myself on top of my various projects. I had tried so many other options and felt like it was hopeless. Then I somehow found Teamweek and was so impressed with the ease of use, the simplicity, and the clarity.

Cons

My only complaint would be that there is a bit of a learning curve for how YOU might want to use it. For example, just figuring out the best use of the different options and how they may relate to your projects.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

Trello is great, don't get me wrong, but the Gantt chart aspect was huge for me and the only way you could wire in gantt was via a plugin called Elegantt, and it was just not cutting it for me. Part of the problem becomes when a product is trying to do too many things.

Lauren from Center for Innovative Public Health Research

Industry: Research

Moving Parts = Toggl Plan can help!

I would have to say the customer service is exceptional. As a non-profit, we are limited in the resources we can use and the Toggl Plan team has been super helpful in working with us to meet our needs. When I first started in my current position I was a bit lost on how to organize everything and keep my team on track. We have a lot of processes in place that are similar but I felt like we needed something a bit more simple. After a lot of research, I decided Toggl Plan (previously Teamweek) seemed like the best option. They strive to offer new features and it has been a great improvement for our teams productivity.

Pros

The software is super user-friendly and not confusing in the slightest which is always nice. As a small-ish team of around 5 it has been really helpful to look at our workspace and see everyone's priorities. Before moving to Toggl Plan I was constantly asking everyone what was on their plate for the day and then we talked about prioritization. With this software I am able to see what the research assistants have on their to-do lists without having to spend the extra time asking. The milestones are super helpful in recalling previous dates of launches and whatnot. I am a huge fan of Toggl Plan and so is the entire team. We also LOVE all of the colors :)

Cons

I wouldn't say there is anything I dislike about the software but after using it for almost two years now there are some functionalities feedback that would be helpful to have. One thing that I know you are all working on developing is the reoccurring tasks....this would be incredibly helpful and save me the time of duplicating things over and over again. I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view (similar to an actual calendar you put on a wall) It would also be great if Toggl good work on developing more integration tools (with outlook for example) I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view not just

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

The others seemed a bit limited. Also, I know with slack and there are concerns of privacy (similarly to Trello). Toggl Plan is the best - and I am so glad we went with this!

Clyde from Queensgate Systems Ltd

Needs work but is excellent.

Positive. Good for generic task and planner planning (not for fullscale proj planning tho with dependencies etc, but thats not what I wanted). Needs better project integration (I don't understand it and trying to split up projects resulted in data loss, so just made all different projects parts of one big project.. Tasks (bizarrely called Icebox) is a bit of a chore. No one uses tasks by hours and minutes (has the dev ever done any PM?), so drop that in favour of making it really easy to set a number of days without having to chose dates. That said, tasks v useful, and drag and drop between folders etc excellent (provided you use with care).

Pros

SIMPLE TO USE! GREAT VIEW OPTIONS (3 months etc) -- Drag and Drop, easy edit of task positions and length, easy & flexi coloring, nice banding (called "segments"), easy note adding. Easily shared with colleagues (don't bother adding them as extra users tho [see Cons], just share the link).

Cons

No Data Export that I can find (which in itself is a concern -- help has broken links and seems chaotic), often does odd things and loses edits (minor so far, but this is why data export / import is vital). Poor Android version, but this prob a work in progress. Rollback also needed. The URL needs to be more consistent (at moment, it changes as you change project or view etc, leaving you wondering what your true URL is leaving one wondering where data will be next time. Tried to turn off daily report but still pesters me, so don't add your colleagues as separate email users or you might get some cross colleagues).

Soledad from Freelance

Great Software! The nicest interface!

I arrived to Toggl plan by serendipity looking for pomodoro Toggl tracker Feature. I love to try new tools and Toggle tracker is almost a must have productivity tool to me. Very comfortable to make plans and divided them in logic tasks, with a really nice look and and feel. A small and lovely usability detail: You don't have to press edit or save to make changes on cards, totally comfortable feature when you are in planning meetings

Pros

The interface of Toggl Plan is the most friendly and well designed of all kanban tools. Lovely typo, colors and very exact descriptions on cards, made me have crush with the tool. The

Cons

Sadly it has a weird integration with Toggl Tracker (even it works better with Trello). You can't see directly your Toggl Tracker clients and related them with a plan. Also when you go to your account, you can't back to the tool (had to click back button several times on the browser) With this small fixes, would be best tool.

Coordination with Toggl Tracker, Nice user interface

Lee from Brennan Design

Capacity Resourcing at it's best!

I had spoken to a handful of platforms and tried the free trials of others, and they just wasn't what I needed. When I found Toggl Plan there was no looking back. It has the high level functionality of assigning weekly capacity so I can plan my weeks/months accurately, with the more in depth phases, tasks, milestones, etc that is needed on an individual project level. There is the ability to include larger teams, and I can share the project timelines with my clients to track progress and be o the same page. It is very simple and intuitive to use.

Pros

What I like most is the 'Team View' timelines so I can plan my time/projects accordingly. I can see a high level view of what projects I have, how many hours I need to work on each project that week, what weeks are fully booked, and when I can book the next project in without burning myself out. I can also see project deadlines (milestones) within the same view. What is also super awesome is I can share these timelines on an individual client level so they can see their project and what is scheduled as well as the project progress.

Cons

The only thing I have found a little annoying is the hourly assignments. You have to calculate the daily capacity which means if the 'phase' of a project moves from 4 days to only 2 days but it requires the same amount of time associate with it you have to re-calculate the daily hours. It would be nice if you could simply assign a weekly amount of hours to a phase, and then have that amount stay as it is whether the phase is stretched across 1, 2, 3 days or all week.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

Functionality and price. Toggl Plan offers the best of both for what I needed.

Walter from Cagex

Industry: Furniture

A Simple, Easy and Effective Planning Tool

It's a tool that helped me organized my entire working space in 15 minutes, with an extraordinary simplicity and effectiveness. What else would I want?

Pros

The Simplicity above all. It runs super smoothly.

Cons

Doesn't have an android app yet. At least in the Brazilian Play Store.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

Simplicity and Effectiveness. I'm always looking for tools that doesn't overwhelm me.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

I was using the Toggl time tracker. Was very happy with results so far. Than I have discovered the Planning Tool on Toggl's website. Tried for 15 minutes, got amazed with the simplicity, bingo!

Stuart from Stu Kelly

Industry: Animation

Toggl Plan, just what I need!

Pros

I have been using Toggl Track for quite a while, so I was very excited to see the Plan come into availability. It was the missing piece! I think it's great having such an easy workspace with the Gantt and Kanban views. It allows for easy scheduling of work!

Cons

I wish there was a database section for managing clients, I wouldn't want to have to hop around all kinds of websites by Toggl just to have everything I need. I would love for it to be streamlined into one service or if you could link all your Toggl products into one management. It's not ideal assigning tasks on Toggl Plan, then hitting the time tracker and having to re-add who the client is. It should be able to be completed in one click.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

I thought Monday was great, but in order to track my time with that, I had to pay for the premium version. It just didn't seem as good as Toggle Track, which I was already using. I don't mind the database-style of Monday, however, it just wasn't as intuitive as it could have been.

Anita from Northwoods Writer

Simple, but effective

There are a ton of project managers out there and I think I've tried just about all of them. As I noted earlier, it's just me and the clients I serve so I don't need a lot. But I do need an easy way to keep track of what I'm working on without feeling overwhelmed. Toggl Plan helps me stay focused on the "main thing" to get it done and move on to the next.

Pros

As a solo professional, I wear a lot of hats. This software will help you keep track of all of your "hats". It's simple - which means you can get up to speed quickly - and you can see what you need to do each day at a glance.

Cons

I wish this software had the ability to set up recurring tasks - and that it connected with Toggl's timer & invoicing app - but other than that I really can't think of anything else I'd want.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

Trello is great, but looking at all of the cards I'd created made me feel overwhelmed. The ability to add future tasks to the "icebox" until I was ready for them is what won me over. That and the timeline view - love it.

ATHAN from McMaster University

A more streamlined, intuitive version of task management

Pros

This a a great alternative to the 'heavier' apps like Asana, which used heavily before. Switching between board and timeline view is a breeze, and I like all of the available features in the free version. It has everything I need for personal task management (and a team up to 5).

Cons

Perhaps some integration with my existing email system (i.e. Gmail) might be helpful to integrate communications into my project plans.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

Asana got really clunky, non-intuitive. It became a drag to add and move tasks around. MOST importantly, they kept introducing useful features only available for paying members. As a solo task manager, that is always a bummer.

Šarūnas from Pi projektai

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great way to plan projects

I had problems with planning workloads. Toggl Plan let me see our current situation and workload on each employee, and then better plan ahead.

Pros

I was looking for similar product for a while. It's easy to use, has all the features I need and, of course, looks great.

Cons

I havent't tested it that much. But I also use Toggl timer, and if I could merge the info on both of them it would be great! Now I just have to put projects in both of these apps and use one for tracking time we work on a project, and other for planning our workloads.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

I used "Boards" style on Asana. Overall it was also good, but I badly needed to see everything on calendar, so Toggl Plan allowed me to do that.

Thomas from Computer Software

A pretty great and unique looking app for tasks in a timeline

I personally use Toggl Plan only for managing myself (both for my job but also for my personal projects), and it is essentially a log tool more than a planning tool. There aren't any specific reason to not use this app to its fullest, but the features suit my needs perfectly. What I really appreciate with using Toggl Plan is that I can have a great overview of all the things I've done along the timeline - which is pretty motivating.

Pros

What I really appreciate with Toggl Plan is the way of displaying the tasks on a horizontal timeline. It sounds pretty simple, but haven't seen any other product proposing such ergonomy. And the UI/colors have always been pretty nice which make it really pleasant to use.

Cons

One issue I can think of with Toggl Plan (which is not that big) is the performances. On powerful enough computers it's smooth, but I often use it on a Windows tablet (Yoga Book v1) which is limited - however other web apps look smoother than Toggl Plan. Though, the timeline navigation is obvisouly heavy in DOM manipulation thus it's understandable. And finally I would really like to have a "2 weeks" view : The "week" view is too large for having an overall view on the tasks, and the "month" view makes the tasks' titles too short to read.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

I've chosen Toggl Plan as I choose other managing apps because each has a look & feel/features that suit a specific goal. Toggl Plan is for logging my days everyday (pretty useful for weekly meetings) ; but I also use Todoist for listing exhaustive tasks/subtasks of various dev projects, and Microsoft To Do for planning the tasks that need to be done.

Sandy from GetUsLinked

Toggle Plan - Easy and Simple - Serves the purpose

This product is the most simple and easy to use tool for planning my projects. I have used and tested a lot of different tools but TogglePan works the best.

Pros

The ease to add tasks and sharing feedback via comments works great. I really like the icebox feature to store everything that pops up in my mind and which i can always go back to, to see what my brainwaves have been.

Cons

I would like the DONE tasks to be out greyed together with the done icon. The IN PROGRESS icon i do not like and i think that might be a more splashing colour. The mobile app is still in the old TEAMWEEK version (which i have used for 3 years already), this should be transfered to Toggle Plan. I do not like the horizontal week overview in the mobile app...i rather would like to see that in portrait.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

Easy and simple - nice overview - simple nice interface.

Response from Toggl Plan

Replied May 2020

Hey Sandy, Thank you for your kind review! Our team is super happy to hear that you've found value in our product. We wanted to clarify a few things brought up in your review. You're right, when you mark a task as "Done" and it fades, the icon still keeps its original appearance. However, there's a workaround if you prefer not to see the emojis you can change or remove the emojis in Plan Board views (just click on the emoji icons in column headers). Same applies to the "In-progress" icon these can be changed. Regarding the mobile app, we're currently in the process of hiring a dedicated mobile person to bring the app up to date with the many changes our tool has gone through. Hope this helps!

Linda from The Fifth Business

Easy, simple, and beautiful tool for project management

It has allowed myself and our team to become more efficient by knowing who's doing what, which deadlines are shared across global offices, and to view 'at a glance' someone's work load and specific projects to collaborate.

Pros

It's incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Mouse interaction for dragging and duplicating tasks makes this feel like a high quality, well developed tool. The design is beautiful and is easy on the eyes as well, specially after this year's latest update.

Cons

It doesn't allow full customization beyond colors for projects/tasks, or to see progress "at a glance"/without needing to click on a task.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

The calendar view fits our design calendar and project needs better than kanban or other methods for task assigning and previewing deadlines.

Looking good - but not quite there yet

It's been good. I used this as my go to planning app for projects and studies for around 3 months and it worked well. I still use it now when I need to plan for the long term and want to quickly calculate if I have enough person hours available. I am hoping a few more improvements will come in on the daily planning side, perhaps some more integrations, and I can get additional use out of the service.

Pros

This is a really cool app. It was great for planning my studies. I still use it occassionally for long term planning of projects. The drag and drop interface worked well. I liked the hour calculation.

Cons

I felt the mobile experience was lacking. It's amazing for long term planning, even weekly planning, but gets awkward when it comes to daily planning, or planning in fine detail for timetabling. It's great for regular arrangements, but gets messy when it comes to extraordinary events.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

For long term planning, the ability to calculate hours and represent it visually was really powerful and useful and more visually intuitive than other apps.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

I needed something that did timelines better. The roadmap / timeline view for workspaces and individuals is great.

Amy from Zone and Co

Just enough of the basics

I always like the idea of a robust project management system, but they always get to be a job managing it that I tended to stop using them. This is the perfect mix of essential features with ease of use without the bells and whistles that become overwhelming in their nuance. Those are nice, I suppose if you have the time to spend ringing those bells and whistles. I do not. This is a very happy medium.

Pros

My favorite is the timeline. I love that I can manage tiles in typical board fashion and easily see how it lays on a timeline. In addition to that, milestones or holidays can be seen across timelines which is fantastic for keeping important dates visible across projects. And in addition to THAT, there is the Team timeline which is super helpful to see all of my stuff group together in one timeline and relative to the rest of my team.

Cons

Some times I have to refresh my screen for changes on the board to show up on the timeline, but that's not a deal breaker. Also, I wish I could set recurring tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

I'm already using Toggl for tracking time - so that was a big motivation to explore Toggl Plan. Then when I realized it was so much more in step with my time and needs it was a pretty easy decision.

Michelle from Michelle Mercer Marketing

Reliable Tool for Tracking Time for Clients and Projects

Toggl is critical to my client billing. The software allows me set up unique rates for clients and / or projects, and I'm able to pull detailed, accurate reports for clients who are billed by the hour. For my clients who pay me a retainer, I'm able to track my time on specific projects and tasks and ensure that I'm not working too little or too much against the retainer.

Pros

I've been using Toggl for years now to track my time on many projects for multiple clients, and what I like most about this app is the easy-to-use interface. The functionality is very intuitive and it's easy to set up clients, projects, track time and pull reports. There is a third layer of tracking that helps me identify time spent on specific tasks as part of projects.

Cons

Very occasionally, I will think I've started the timer on a task and it doesn't start, so I'll have to manually enter my time, which is easy to do.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

The user interface and functionality of Toggl was superior.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

I was having a difficult time getting accurate reports.

Jack from Baillieu Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Project Management for a creative industry

Great, we have only been using Teamweek for a few days and its already improving our work flow and it so easy to get everyone up and running with it.

Pros

Think you have a great lead on the creatives market like ours, architects, as we need something visual to plan out work but simple and easily flexible to however we may plan our work flow. A lot of the other sites I checked out are very well built but also very focused on particular business model. Creative businesses like ours tend to float about somewhere around it all and we don't so much need a business strategy planner but we do need something fluid to let our individual and quite unique projects to grow in an understandable way.

Cons

There are a few areas of the software and mobile apps that need polishing and a few extra simple features that need adding but I am more than happy to act as a product tester.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

Simplicity, fluid set up not dedicated to one single business model. We work in creative, ever changing way and Teamweek allows up to adapt it to our needs in a simple user friendly way.

Kelly from Unversity of Georgia

Intuitive design, great value, and terrific customer support

We have implemented Teamweek to keep track of the many projects we take on. The format is easy for all to use and it's great to see everyone on one page. Beautiful interface, intuitive design, and ease of navigation make Teamweek the best project management application we've worked with!

Pros

Teamweek provides an intuitive interface that we find very helpful when viewing multiple projects for a 3-month period. Color-coding and project details are very handy when we have multiple people working on a similar project. The customer service is fast and truly helpful. You get a real live person! We LOVE Teamweek!

Cons

The only con is I wish you could see an entire year for a team that has 5 or less employees, but that's it!

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

Too much of a learning curve to get BootCamp, too expensive, and honestly, too many bells and whistles we didn't need.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

It didn't allow us to see everyone's project on one page

Gilbert from GameWise

Toggl Plan - A silky smooth experience from truly useful software

I find Toggl Plan very pleasing to use overall. I also really appreciate nice little touches like right clicking to copy/paste task blocks, or a native dark mode which make using this app a piece of cake. It's obviously been designed by people who actually use it.

Pros

+Easy to use and get set up with and easy to add teammates to +I liked that I could split up tasks by categories but then see everything in the birds-eye project view +Functional and quick to use, with handy importing task features (ie from CSV) or via a chrome extension +I absolutely LOVED the drag interface - feels way better than manually entering in start and finish dates, and I liked that I could simply drag the task block to other team members if needed +Quite a generous trial version (and support was really friendly and helpful and didn't pressure me to buy the premium version which makes me much more inclined to buy)

Cons

-If I was going to be picky, I'd say some of the default colours for task blocks are a little too glarey (but it's easy to change them). -It would be super nice if there were a few more native integrations, but I'm sure these will come with time

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

I don't mind Planner, but it simply didn't have an easy way to display a Gantt chart style view for team management which I found irritating.

Laxmy from Wind Pioneers

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Extremely good product! Really glad that I came across it.

Pros

Ease of use, look and feel of the product and the functionalities available, makes this product value for money. The timeline view is super impressive and it really helps me get a real time view on what each one of my team is working on. My review will be highly incomplete without mentioning the quick support I got from the Helpdesk team especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. They were prompt with their responses and went to the bottom of issues to help me resolve them.

Cons

I won't say that I have any least favorite features. I would rather mention that ones that would be a good to have. Would like to see the Board view live which is being tested at the moment. It would be highly helpful to add reminder emails for set tasks and not all. Would be good to be able to add dependencies on items and also be able to assign more than one person for the same task.

Response from Toggl Plan

Replied June 2020

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience! I wanted to clarify one thing mentioned it is already possible to assign more than one person for the same task in Toggl Plan. You can do it in the task pop-up by simply adding as many names as needed to the same task. Hope this helps! :)

Daniel from Vivint Smart Home

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Simple and Favorite time keeping app!

Pros

I love toggl. It's so focused on what it's meant to be; a time tracking app. I've tried a number of apps like this and they all require a lot of clicks or taps to get it started. This one is simple and had the least number of steps to start tracking. The mobile app is just like the website so there's no trouble in using either platform. It just simply works and helps track the work.

Cons

One feature wish is that it would track what programs you use. I've seen some productivity apps that track what apps or programs you are using and for how long, having this and a project timer would be ideal for tracking not only how long you are working on something but also which programs you have to use most in project.

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Solid time tracking for individuals and enterprise environments

Toggle does have it right and if your business is more about tracking time for billing purposes, this might very well be the tool you need. It is not overkill and it provides everything you need for billing purposes. It goes that extra mile with reporting mechanisms that provide visibility into your business profitability. And it goes beyond tracking a project but, rather, tracking your entire portfolio and teams.

Pros

Toggl offers a solution for individuals, small business and enterprise environments, alike. It provides visibility at an individual level, as well as an overal team level. If provides the time tracking of a project with the overview of a program. Toggl also offers an extensive list of reporting mechanisms that extend beyond the traditional number of hours per project. With advanced features like the ability to identify profitability across one or more projects, Toggl can actually become a project management tool in environments practicing a Kanban or Lean Agile approach.

Cons

The subscriptions might not necessarily provide the specific features you seek in their breakdown. Chances are that depending on your business size, you might find that going from one level to the other may or may not offer exactly what you need and give you more than you really desire. In other words, you might need to jump to the next subscription level for that one and only feature you need, and not necessarily all you are paying for.

Miguel from HRSI

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great visualization of roadmap and timelines for projects and/or teams

Great product. Easy to use. Good price for all features. It seems it is supported by a good dynamic team, and the product keeps improving.

Pros

Toggl Plan (formerly known as Teamweek) is a very easy tool to understand and use. It offers a simple, yet clean an powerful visualization of tasks, projects and teams. The Toggl team is constantly updating the web app and including new features, which is great. Also, the possibility of seeing the timeline in different views (project, vs people, vs segments) and with different zooms in time (week, month, 3 months, annual) is also very good.

Cons

In general me and my colleagues are very happy with Toggl plan and we do not see any major disadvantages. We would like that there are more integrations to calendars available. Also maybe a direct integration to Jira and Confluence from Attlasian.

Luis from Grupo Solução Re/max

THIS SOFTWARE IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN MY LIFE

In toggl I find my focus is the place were i task every Teamworks and is the place were i put all the thinks and thinking's I consider fundamental for the success of the department and is the place were my bosses could now at I am doing and what I'm going for

Pros

The simplicity of use and and the way I can assure those tasks for my colleagues the Wonder the timeline and I can't could see the different areas of the my plans In the past I try different softwares of them same a area toggl plan is definitely the best one

Cons

I don't like i can't change the color when I text in the rain the software is like right in different colors and not only in black color iken detecting bold overline under line if then not connect change text color and like a lot if I can do that simple thing

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

A friend present to me teamweek and there's a first time love

Laura from Graphic & Digital Design

Great visual tool

Visual planning makes really sense in my visual business. It really gives me a sense of how much work a project is. The design of Toggl is really well done, and this makes it fun to work with.

Pros

Cons

The only thing I didn't find yet is the option for repetitional events to set up like in paying days or monthly occurring events. My iPhone calendar has this function and I miss that in Toggl. But it might be in the paid version, I'm currently using the free version. Which is very nice by the way! So many options!

Gautam from SprintCube

Find where the time went and take control of it with an ease

Pros

At the job, we were used to managing spreadsheets to log the time spent on daily tasks and get monthly reports. Toggl replaced it completely. It's easy to use. It's minimal and lightweight. It keeps reminding you to log your time if you're not doing it already, that really great. In the end, it helps you analyze your time spent on your tasks. Super useful.

Cons

Sometimes it takes time to sync between the web app and MacOS extension. Projects added from the web app don't load fast enough in the MacOS extension. I haven't any down point other than this so far. At the initial stage, it had a few bugs, but it's far better now.

Mark from Fuji Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

The daily schedule

I only use Toggl currently for the day to day operations. I load PDF's and text content.

Pros

This application is web-based and very easy to set up and manage. It allows management to easily add new users and schedule resources very quickly. Editing is super simply by clicking and dragging. If there is an issue and you contact the support staff they normally reply within 60 minutes. They are very helpful and are always looking for innovative ways to make the product better. I give them an A Plus!!

Cons

The only thing that I feel is a problem is when add several team members to one project and if you delete the placeholder they all are deleted. It would be nice it would not delete everyone that is on the project.

Havah from First Officer LLC

Great Tool

Pros

I use this tool every day for tracking the billable hours of several clients. It could not be easier to track, assign, edit, and review time on a variety of clients and their projects, and even look up past data in an analytics view.

Cons

The analytics view can be tricky to use to copy past hours into an invoice as you have to mouse over each day to see the totals, therefore cannot copy/paste those numbers or even glance at them to manually type into another window. It's not a problem though if you record each week at the end as the tracking page is easy to review in detail.

Great functionality - good pricing

It has been very easy to setup our new project and start adding various activities and assigning timelines and people. I would recommend this to any team starting a project.

Pros

The visual representation of team availability in combination with the ability to attach various kinds of information to tasks. Also, the collaboration potential by being able to share information with third parties.

Cons

I have not singled out a negative aspect of the software yet besides the fact that the gantt view becomes too crowded with too many tasks and many people in the team. Maybe it should have more view types.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

We needed a common view of the entire team for all members - Zoho does not offer it.

Cody from Chayah Consulting Group LLC

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great team/work management platform - simple to use

Love it, love that it is simple and scalable.

Pros

Like that it acts like an online whiteboard and works across multiple locations for coordinating and planning projects and tasks.

Cons

A couple of simple tweaks would help efficiency - be able to right-click on item to change color is highest priority wish list item for us. Most used items besides text input should be on right-click menu.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

Easier to use, love the color formatting

Lisa from LMK Web Design & Consulting

Industry: Graphic Design

Excellent for time tracking

I've been using Toggl for several years and consistently recommend it to those who need a simple, easy-to-use but feature-rich time tracker. The combination of website, mobile, and desktop app trackers make it portable and highly functional in any environment. They have a slew of features and integrations that can help automate repeated tasks, and I make thorough use of the reporting feature to keep an eye on productivity and project status.

Pros

Toggl is just easier to use than anything else I've tried before. It can work offline, from your phone, or from the website itself. It integrates with my billing software (Freshbooks) so I don't need to enter in client information and project information more than once. Some of the great features include notifying me if the tracker has been running too long or sat idle, displaying billable and non-billable hours in a clear graph format, customizing rates per project or task, and email reports.

Cons

My issues with Toggl are fairly superficial: I wish there were more colors for clients/projects, and I wish the desktop app would work faster when it starts to autofill project information.

James from Client Technology Solutions LLC

Mobile Apps? Music to my ears!

We absolutely love this app besides the pricing issues. It works very well, and it gives us all of the features we need. This app is worth the money just for the mobile apps.

Pros

Obviously, one of the best aspects of this program are that there are available apps for Android and Apple. This is very handy, as most of our work is done on-site rather than just sitting at the desk. We used to have our employees turn in an email that said their hours, but now we are using this program, and it’s much more accurate.

Cons

The pricing can get a bit complicated with the subscription service. It can be a pain when you need all the features of one tier and just one feature from the next tier but don’t want the rest of the features. It seems like it might be a little bit of a waste at that point.

Gregorio from SIMNSA

This application has served me to keep track of time in tasks and to combine it with Asana software together they become a great tool of work.

The facility that gives you the application and portability make it easy to use, I do not use it but I know that it can be linked to a billing software, but even if it is not linked it helps you keep track of the hours you should charge to the clients.

Pros

The control of the projects becomes much easier to take it with this tool, it helps you have repetitive tasks in a streamline, optimizing the administrative time you will be able to visualize the progress and the status of the projects in a simple and clear viewer.

Cons

Sincerely I have not had big problems with the application, but if I have to say something about the application it seems that the color palette to define the projects is somewhat limited, and also when a project has many tasks or is already very large the system it's a bit slow

March 2016

Lindsey from LeaseLabs

March 2016

Easy to Use Time Tracker

Pros

Toggl is very simple to use. I've had team members use it so I can see what they spend the most time on to improve their efficiency. It's as simple as adding or selecting a previous task and starting the timer. Once you are done, stop the timer and switch to your next task. The best thing about the product is it's ease-of-use. You can also track time offline. This is a great tool for if you are needing to track your time traveling or in meetings without internet access.

Cons

If you forget to stop the timer from running, the software will not warn you. For example, if you need to step away from your computer for a while and your computer goes to sleep, the timer will continue to track. You can update the time once you come back, but you'll just need to remember when it was that you stepped away originally.

Lauren from Kat U. Realty

Perfect tool for independent contractors to log time on multiple projects/clients

Would love a timebox or pomodoro timer element added to help drive productivity.

Pros

Easy to organize and log time for multiple clients and projects. Automatically groups hours according to client/project and color codes. Easy to report hours by client and/or project to multiple file formats (PDF, csv, etc) and at different levels of detail. Easy to edit dates/times when necessary. Mobile app is perfect for keeping time on-the-go.

Cons

Unable to customize the columns that are reported, so requires me to manually remove unwanted columns when formatting reporting for employers.

Nazeli from Europe Comics

Industry: Publishing

Toggl Saved Us!

A colleague left the team and we had to share her tasks between us for a few months, while all of us working from home. Toggl came to our rescue, and I don't think we could have managed without it. It would have been a disaster. I can't imagine work without Toggle anymore.

Pros

It saves so much time that we'd usually waste on writing, searching and archiving emails. It is great how each task has it's place, and all correspondence/files/participants are in this same place.

Cons

I'm trying really hard but I really can't think of anything that needs improvement, at least for our team's needs.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

It is more user-friendly.

Algirdas from Harba

Great time tracker

It was good. Did not experience many problems. But the ones I did experience were fixed fast. Easy to use

Pros

It was nice that I was able to track time of all my different projects. I have been using this to track how much time I was working on each project. And was happy that I was able to do so. Also it is nice that I can see a whole history of time tracked

Cons

APP could be better. I had trouble finding all functionalities on app that are on the web. Gganted I was using it before their newest app version

Tiffany from Landed, Inc.

Great tool for remote employees

Pros

Easy tracking of general tasks, plus the ability to track sub-tasks across a wide range of projects. It also works well for tracking multiple clients.

Cons

The app is not as user friendly as the desktop version. I would love to be able to manually input time entries in the app the way I do with the desktop version instead of just using the stopwatch.

Abel from EASR.PT

Industry: Animation

Abel's Review

Pros

It is easy to work with and plan the animation film production for my students

Cons

Printing should be MUCH better. It makes all sense to print the plan in a full row. My students usually tries to get to toggle platform, which is another thing. Toggle Plan is not a nice name.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Plan

I didn't switch from another product because I tried all in the market before and choose by Toggl Plan because the usability and the kind and fast replies, and of course they also offered discount. Other also offered discounts but not with same easiness of use. I think Toggl Plan is the best in terms of Film Industry Production Planning.

Cheryce from Keen Organizers

Time Management at its best

This is amazing and it recommended to use for both personal and business it will indeed keep you on track and help you better manage your time.

Pros

This software allows you to track time spent on various projects, Its used widely in the virtual world to keep time spent on jobs for customers. It does indeed boosts productivity and helps you manage your time effectively throughout the day whether for individuals or times. It has advanced reporting and does offer integrations with several other software. And did I say it does have a free version too? yes, it does.

Cons

It is too useful and amazing to find faults, so far I have no complaints

Kendal from VM Strategies

Easy to use time tracking

Pros

Toggl has a free version for a limited number of users, so a great option for a small business that's trying out time tracking software

Cons

The functionality is not as great as other paid alternatives (Harvest). I'd like the ability to switch between users on the main screen so I can see real time what my employees are running their timers for.

Eddy from Medicore

Toggl helps us planning resources better

The ease of use and the extra insight you get with toggle about our planning is really nice.

Pros

We use toggl to help us plan resources in a sprint (our teammembers -- who will pick up which story and when) With toggl we can better plan who will do what in a sprint so that we can be more transparant with our planning -- will we make the sprint or not? -- on a daily basis.

Cons

Our sprint lasts 2 weeks, but the view does not have that option, it is 1 week or a month.

Michelle from Michelle Mercer Marketing

Great Time Tracking Software

Reporting is easy to use.

Pros

I am a marketing consultant with multiple clients and Toggl helps me keep track of projects by client as well as different rates.

Cons

There is no way to change a client rate without altering historical data, but there is a workaround by creating a new project with the new rate attached to that project.

Alexa from Allonsy Creative

Time Tracking Made Easy

Pros

Toggl is an amazing program for time tracking. As a freelancer, I often need to track my time on individual tasks and projects. Toggl was a great choice for me personally. I love the ability to add multiple projects (clients) as well as subtasks to track. Using Toggl has made it so much easier to have an accurate representation of how much time it actually takes for each project.

Cons

Like any time-tracking device, it is easy to forget to turn off the timer when you've finished a task. With the desktop app, I've found it easier to monitor when the app is tracking as opposed to using the browser version.

Emile from Mira Networks

Keeping track of your billable hours has never been easier.

Pros

Toggl allows you to set up a wide variety of customers and projects each with their own tariff per hour, the developers then simply activate the timer when they are working on a clients project and when done, stops the timer to reflect the exact time spent on the described task.

Cons

To fully unlock all the features we would like to use, can become quite a pricey venture as we have discovered so make sure to do proper research beforehand.

Best Plan Ever

Planning is much simpler with Toggl Plan. It integrates well two important views of the tasks' organization. It is easy to share a view mode and keep a record of tasks completeness. I may be wrong but it looks like the bar that indicates late delivery on Gantt was replaced by an icon status, which is the link with the columns in Kanban indeed. This has taught me a better planning practice, however, I missed a way to measure my performance because I can't see my working pace.

Pros

It can easily switch between Kanban (board view) and Gantt (timeline view), allowing the understanding of different nuances of the project planning. Also, the scroll works very well on the timeline view, since we only need to hold "shift" while scrolling to go forward and backward throughout the dates. The drag feature with multiple tasks is awesome too.

Cons

Sometimes the page loading time takes so long. Sometimes the tasks duplicate while dragging the activities on bulk edit mode. And there isn't a horizontal scrollbar, and I don't think intuitive to hold "shift" to scroll for both sides. I took a while to find it out. At last, milestones could be integrated to external calendars.

Brent from WestJet

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

My Team

Many people going in many different directions, doing many different things. This was the easiest way to stay on top of who is doing what/where.

Pros

How easy it is to quickly review where each team member is, with a high level view of what they are working on.

Cons

There are times when I will click, my view will change form seeing the team to seeing a single individual and I've not figured out how to easily get back to seeing the team view.

Pim from Preidel B.V.

Industry: Plastics

For everyone

Good. We use it a lot.

Pros

After 2 years of searching not affortible software we found Toggle plan, finally some affortable and easy to use software.

Cons

We use this software on a big screen, that needs to be updated every once in a while. Meaning i have to refresh te page every time. We would like to see a function for big screen mode's. That is something we never found in software. We would love to see that you can work on your pc and it updates the big screen.

Price.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Plan

Because of the good price and functionality.

Randy from Randy Brangman

Useful for the self-employed

Pros

I needed a software that could help me record multiple tasks at the same time, so I can adequately send invoices to my clients. Toggl provided that by allowing me to cover my learning periods, time spent writing and performing extensive research for projects. It didn't take long to understand how to use this, even for first timers and after being recommended it for my business I'd like to do so for whoever reads this review. Toggl ended up saving me the hassle of creating an elaborate system to manage my time, and solved it with a simple click of a button.

Cons

One thing I'd like to see is the availability to use multiple timers. Sometimes I can perform writing for 2 clients on a similar topic, but start and end at different times. It would be nice to be able to pause and continue these timers in tandem with my work. Also my memory is terrible and sometimes I forget to stop by timer, so an app to access and pause at my convenience would be extremely helpful. Lastly, since I'm travelling a lot as I work, often I encounter places with poor internet connection and my timer can malfunction when this happens, so a way for it to keep going without internet would be a bonus as well.

Jamie from Toole Design Group

Great trackr- works quickly and reliably

Pros

Easy to use web app or phone app. Quick to add tags and run reports, and even if the app crashes- which admittedly it does more often than I'd like- it restarts quickly and without ANY loss of data- including current time-keeping

Cons

The reports in pdf form look great and contain useful data; the Excel forms are lacking in that. I often have to use both- ERxcel for the editable numbers and the pdf for the additional details. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if the Excel form contained the same categories and information as the pdf.