Artisan Reviews

4.58 / 5 (13)

Our advisors have recommended this product 1 time in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "It keeps track of inventory and prints out sales as well as items remaining in the shop each month when the consignment checks go out."

• "Efficient and easy to use POS system. Certek offers great customer service and is always helpful"

• "The customer service has been so helpful. When we have an issue they have been able to explain or fix the problem. "

• Cons

• "At times Artisan can seem out of date and limiting, but overall it meets our needs. We wish it was easier to integrate our e-commerce inventory with Artisan"

• "Wish it could connect to my Quickbooks, or an apple computer. "

• "Every once in a while we come across a feature that might work better for our store personally, but overall we have not had any complaints. "

Browse Artisan Reviews

August 2016

Elizabeth from Ginko Gallery & Studio

August 2016

12+ years and no problems

Pros

When I opened my store over 12 years ago, Artisan was the ONLY product that could keep track of my consignment inventory, calculate and print out my artists' statements, and function as a standard POS system. Twelve years later, still using the original software and hardware, I had my first glitch last month. Tech support responded immediately and talked me through the problem in just 15 minutes. I've been doing some research now that there are other programs that claim to do the same, but I am still sure that when it's time to upgrade I will turn to Artisan again. The in house support department can't be matched. I once thought it was pricey, but amortized over 12 years, it's a been great value!

Cons

There are more features than I use! I honestly can't think of anything else I don't like.

Jennifer from ArtWare

Certek is an Amazing Company

Pros

This POS system makes me appear to have my act together. Any business operating with out a program of this caliber is being irresponsible. Not only is the software impressive, but on the rare occasion when I need to talk with technical support, they are kind, and efficient. Supplies are only a quick phone call away. Being able to provide reports and hard data have made me a better retailer.

Cons

I wish quick picks were small icons on the sale screen instead of a screen behind. We keep taped to our screen a list of 'flash tags' of best sellers and untagged items, that functions well for us. It replaces the quick pick screen for us.

Blake from Ideal Wedding & Events

Review by Ideal Wedding & Events

Pros

The support is unparalleled! When we need assistance with a problem, the support staff is quick to react with a positive and profesional attitude and keep us serving our customers.

Cons

Sometimes product development or a requested special report seem to take a lot of time to produce. If there is anything I would like to see improve at Certek it would be a timely response and follow up to these special requests. Will 4.0 be available any time soon?

November 2015

Jim from Grand Isle Art Works

November 2015

Artisan POS is great - we have used it for 5+ years and love it.

Pros

Cons

We have a small cafe in the gallery and have added a patch to create sales receipts for it. When we have a group of folks in the cafe and they want to split the bill between two credit cards the only way we have to accommodate that is to print the bill twice and write in one of the names on the ball as they get printed with the first credit card holder's name on both bills. Sometimes very confusing for the patron.

July 2016

Joanna from Grapepoint Wines

Industry: Wine and Spirits

July 2016

Good P.O.S

Pros

I like the customer service and the easy of use. Customer service is always available. I never had an issue when I needed a question answered or help with the P.O.S.

Cons

I dislike the interface. It seems a little bit outdated. I also dislike that when there are certain products I decide NOT to carry anymore, there's no way of filtering it when I browse through my inventory to reorder items. The inventory shows all products ones that are discontinued and ones that aren't.

Rebekah from At Home Furnishings

Industry: Furniture

October 2015

It has been a very positive experience.

April from Simply Selma's Inc

Artisan POS by Certek

Scott from Swamp Wood Designs

Artisan Point Of Sale by Certek Software

Pros

Excellent customer service and support. Always there at the end of the telephone when needed. Friendly and knowledgable from the get go

Cons

Nothing comes to mind it has been a positive experience all around

laura from Simply Fair

simply fair

Pros

helpful and ALWAYS AVAILABLE staff copious and useful data

Cons

lack of program map.....would be nice to be able to open a picture and then see the visual trail to the page I need

October 2015

briana rk from urban bazaar, inc

October 2015

great product, easy to navigate and use, and tech support is aMAZing!

Pros

Easily comprehensive. and if it's not, tech support is there and always helpful.

Cons

Wish it could connect to my Quickbooks, or an apple computer.

Santi from SQ/FT Inc

October 2015

So far still the best system I have seen and used.

Pros

The support group is amazing. Never left hanging.

Cons

i like everything about this product and vendor. they make everything a breeze.

Andrew from Advantagetrucks

Industry: Industrial Automation

Very good experience due to what I was expecting.

Pros

I thought the features we're very useful especially for what I was using it for. There were many times that I said wow!

Cons

There were a few times that I felt the software was skimpy. The ease of use was good but at times there could have been more.

September 2015

Barbara from McLean County Museum of History Cruzin with Lincoln on Route 66 Visitors Center

My first POS Experience!

Pros

The ease and prompting of the screen and they have been great with answering any questions that I have, even having the system since April of 2015!

Cons

I don't have anything that I like least about the product and vendor!