• Pros

• "How easy it is to use, the user interface and experience is very straightforward. Great support. "

• "Easy to use with many features. We have been using this software since the inception. We are happy with software."

• "The tool does a great job of multi-location inventory management. The metrics are also very useful."

• Cons

• "It can be a little confusing when first starting to use the ordering piece on the ipad, a bigger learning curve than some other POS systems, but once you practice with it a bit, it makes sense. "

• "Occasionally updates take a few minutes, otherwise we have very few issues in the last 4 years since we started using Lightspeed"

• "It could be a little difficult to figure out the Gift Card features, but once you get you won't forget it."

Browse Lightspeed Restaurant Reviews

Toby from Red and Black LLC dba Panciuto

Industry: Restaurants

Lightspeed at the speed of light!

Pros

The set up was easy with great support from the staff at Lightspeed. Great ability to handle multiple floor plans, products, users and reporting. Very full featured software that should be able to handle any restaurant's business.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

It had all the functionality that we needed and the pricing was good and the support is phenomenal!

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Restaurant

Square was not robust enough and their pricing for multiple order entry ipads was too high.

Malcolm from FreePlay

Choose Lightspeed!

Lightspeed was, is, and will continue to be great for us. Staff loves the ease of use of the front end. I love the simplicity of updating the online site, the data available for export in the office, and the full integration with our other software.

Pros

We had the highest expectations for Lightspeed POS and have been ecstatic about the choice. Staff appreciates the ease of use and the quick customization (once familiar with back office which does not take that long). We have continued to appreciate the helpful 24 hour customer service team. Even when they did not have answers for our unique problems, they always did their best to figure out a workaround. The ability to export raw data of every receipt item for every receipt entered has proven invaluable. With knowledge of Excel, data analytics have been insightful and highly beneficial. Since the pandemic began, Lightspeed has continued to innovate and has improved their product which has allowed us to create an online ordering site for pickup and delivery. And the best part is full integration with our online site, POS, accounting software, and scheduling software.

Cons

First, no POS is perfect, including Lightspeed. Understanding the back end has allowed us to create work arounds for things the software is currently incapable of doing as intended at this time. One thing has been problems with combos, which we resolved with a workaround. The biggest con is the process used for some software upgrades. Understandably, when a request is made often, it is pushed up the programmer's priority list. There are however some upgrades that, although not highly requested, can definitely improve the product. I have several requests into the programmers at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Lightspeed being Ipad based was the first consideration which eliminated some. Then online reputation, customer service, and sales process were taken into account. And, as a publicly traded company, the Lightspeed stock at the time of purchase was in the news and it was at the start of it's rise. At this writing, it is almost triple that price.

Clif from Gakona Lodge

Not interested in much other than sales

Implementation was terrible. The salesman made onboarding sound very simple, but when I was putting my items into the system, it was no better than square to do. The company's idea of helping you seems to be to create videos for you to figure out their software so that they don't really have to help you. The few times I called to try to get help with items, the support staff was very short and seemed more interested in just getting you off the phone and moving on. Perhaps there performance reviews are based on quantity of clients "helped". I was very clear with the sales team about what I needed for my business. I messed up when I quickly glanced at the invoice of equipment they sent me and didn't see the discrepancy in the quantities. Also, I came to find out that their claim that none of the equipment that I already had with square would be compatible with lightspeed is completely false. They basically sent me the same star printers that I had with square and cash drawers that I could have used with my current printers as well. While the pricing online says the monthly fees, their salesman knew that I needed more registers than they sent me. Some time later, I requested that they send me the rest of the registers that I needed as I had originally requested and chalked the wrong number up to a mistake. They sent me the hardware and threw a bunch of additional software charges in the mix without even mentioning them. All charges were made before I even saw an invoice. I confronted them about it and the initial response was "all sales are final". At that point, I told them that they had two weeks to get back to me on how would reconcile the mistakes made by their company to retain me as a customer and mend our relationship. I didn't hear from them at all during that time. When they finally got back to me, I told them that I did not want to continue my relationship with them anymore, and and that I understood that I'd incur some costs in severing the partnership, but I thought it should be fair. I'd eat all shipping costs and hardware from the first order, but I wanted a refund on the unauthorized charges and for software to be prorated to time elapsed only. I understood I would be out several thousand dollars. I was told "there is nothing we can do" by multiple managers. Finally, just today I received an invoice concerning my refund for the second order of hardware and the refund did not include any of the software as discussed with their managers, and they want to charge me a 20% restocking fee for hardware that never even made it to my place of business. The refund that they are supposedly giving me for absolutely no services rendered. This company is totally crooked. Do not make the same mistakes that I have. I will likely be perusing legal action against this company if they do not respond appropriately.

Pros

I thought this product was going to be a great way to more easily keep my books up to date and get pricing and inventory dialed in as compared to square. It has a lot of functionality compared to a product like shop keep or square.

Cons

Service - Limited concern for the customer's problems. No effort to actually work through and understand a client's business. Sales Team - Arrogant and dishonest Billing - Sly and deceitful. Invoices serve as contracts as they contain fine print at the bottom that refers a client to the company's actual contract and product terms that the client must hunt down for themselves. Management - No concern for clientele.

VAUGHN from Outspoken Brewing Inc

!!SMALL BUSINESS WARNING!! NOT FAIR

!!WARNING!!! THIS COMPANY IS NOT FAIR! They bundled in the loyalty program in our automatic renewal. We were looking into the addition to see if it fits our business. Another $800 was tacked on to our renewal for the Loyalty program that I did not authorize. They are refusing to refund the Loyalty program fee say that we are in a contract and they have a phone recording committing to the contract (they won't actual share the recording though). We have no need for this extra program at the moment, have not used it and do not plan to use it at this time as our business volume has a ceiling and the margins do not support it at this time. We understand the value in the loyalty program by cannot presently justify it. I have not worked for or worked with a company that does not work fairly with their customers. I do not recommend LightSpeed and am stuck with them for another 11 months and plan to find a better POS partner.

Pros

The software is comprehensive. Many add-ons are available at high costs.

Cons

It can get complicated and takes some effort to train new staff. Support is good for the software although I have found that are led down the wrong path and wast time. Some of the representatives are not knowledgeable enough.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

It was Canadian. It seemed like the best option at the time but of course the will sell you on anything upfront. !!MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT IS FAIR TO YOUR BUSINESS!! LIGHTSPEED IS A BAD POS BUSINESS PARTNER

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Restaurant

At the time, NOBLY promised us Quickbooks integration (failed as it was not available in Canada yet) and they moved us to a Beta back end office which didn't work well at all.

Response from Lightspeed

Replied May 2020

Hello Vaughn, We would like to apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed and hope that we can work with you in order to get things moving in the right direction. We see that you have been in touch with our Customer Success team and we encourage you to continue working with them. Thank you, Lightspeed POS

Daniel from Eclipse Chocolate Bar & Bistro

The POS We've Been Waiting For

Pros

I manage a restaurant called Eclipse Chocolate, and I was uncertain that Lightspeed would be able to meet all of our needs. We're a full service dining concept with brunch and dinner daily, a cafe, a bakery, an event space, a confectioner, and a wholesaler; we needed a POS that would be intuitive and adaptable to a very dynamic menu, and usable by professional servers, as well as kitchen and production staff. We got it! The customer service is outstanding, and offered hands-on support with our setup. We'd had some initial miscommunications and misunderstandings, and we found we needed some additional functionality out of the software. However, the team has always been very helpful and fast to respond; I'm also very pleasantly surprised how much development is being done with the app. This is definitely a well-supported POS that is constantly being improved. I'm extremely impressed by how well it works for our unique "combo based" menu. Lightspeed has helped close a lot of simple human error loopholes! We also decided to invest in the "Liteserver," which was an expensive piece of hardware, but a welcome relief during internet outages. Losing WiFi during a busy brunch was disastrous with previous cloud-based POS'es, but now we don't even miss a beat (or a ticket).

Cons

There are some minor missing features I would still like to see, like better development of Labor Reports to help calculate overtime, but I have confidence that they will be added in time. I see an update every couple weeks, so I do believe the dev team is working through a list.

Simon from Staycity Group

Industry: Restaurants

A easy to use system that my team love

We started using Lightspeed around two years ago. When joining the business I inherited a creaky old POS system that had been chosen for its ability to connect to our hotel PMS rather than for its usability and features. I was surprised that a cloud based system would have the capability to connect to hotel PMS but lightspeed does this really well. We started with 6 month trial in one location and now all locations run there F&B using Lightspeed. I was really happy with the support I received whilst on boarding, getting the system set up how we want it is very easy and the regular system updates only ever make things better. The key quality though has to be the ease at which the team use the system. Training is down to ten minutes rather than several hours supported by a hefty manual with our previous system. We are not about to explore the add ons for our next new opening including Customer Facing Display, Kiosk and Kitchen Display,

Pros

So easy to train the team Simple sensible interface Regular updates and improvements Great Hotel PMS (Opera) Interface

Cons

Only works on Ipad, would be great if Android was an option to open up the hardware market Needs consolidated reporting for chains

Miriam from Catapult Coffee & Studio, c/o Outflow Ministry

Industry: Restaurants

Easy to use, excellent reporting features.

Pros

We like the ease with which new staff can learn to use this software. We also like the clarity with which the back end is organized, and the support available to help us learn the various features. It is simpler and easier to follow than Lightspeed Retail's back end. Reporting features are extremely helpful. It is all very customizable.

Cons

I don't like that the the software is not linked directly to Lightspeed Retail, and that when we lose internet connection we lose access to our POS.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

We chose Lightspeed Restaurant partly because of the availability of Lightspeed Retail, e-commerce, and Quick Books extensions for all of those. We also wanted something that was easy to use and easy to teach. We liked the sleek platform and all the reporting tools. The gift card function is a plus, as well as the fact that you can purchase a barcode scanner that can switch back and forth between Restaurant and Retail. All these features together simply didn't exist in the alternatives we were considering.

Assad from Centrale Bergham West Island

Industry: Restaurants

How Lightspeed will help improve your business.

I signed up with Lightspeed back in Nov 2016 and I have never looked back. Lightspeed gives me accuracy and analysis. Through Lightspeed's data I was able to save costs through employee shrinkage. Combined with Lightspeed's great customer and tech support, you've got a winning combination that no one can beat.

Pros

They are accuracy and analysis. With Lightspeed each and every order is entered with 100% accuracy, so you don't have to worry about wrong items or amounts being entered. And with their integrated system you can manage your inventory, and analyze your sales patterns. All because Lightspeed gives you sophisticated and detailed sales reports at your fingertips all while saving time and money and reducing costs.

Cons

There was no onsite tutorial on how to access certain data, but a quick call with tech support and within a few minutes I mastered the system and where everything is placed.

Jaime from Marina Knowlton

Industry: Restaurants

User friendly and great customer service

Pros

We've been using Lightspeed at our Marina/Restaurant/Bar for 3 years now and have nothing but good things to say about it. The setup was really straight forward and there has been such great customer service for any questions or issues that have come up. It's very user friendly and easy to train new staff on. Very simple when it comes to changing prices or adding new products. We are very happy we went with Lightspeed at Marina Knowlton!

Cons

I'm not a very "techie" person so there have been some issues that have come up (that would have come up with any POS) that I wasn't able to figure out on my own. But any time we have called customer service for support they have helped fix the problem. So in the end, not really a con!

Brandon from Juniper Dining Co

Lightspeed meets all of our needs

We are very happy using lightspeed at both of our restaurants. In the past, when we have a problem, lightspeed has been able to suggest a work around until the problem is addressed with an update.

Pros

Cloud based means we can access POS while away from the restaurant. Easy to use and minimal training required for new staff. New features are added on a regular basis. Customer service is reliable and available.

Cons

We are unable to use our Lightspeed without an internet connection. Unable to unfinalize receipts after 7 days.

MICHELE from GIRO DITALIA RISTORANTE

HAPPY WITH LIGHTSPEED

In my restaurant, we have been working with Light Speed from the opening in 2017, so over two years now, and me and my staff are very happy about. I don't like to lie and obviously the POS is not perfect., there are always areas to improve, and be more functional and works better as with any system. I sent few email to suggest the area they can improve and i have a good response, and this is somenthing i really appreciate, for me this is mean that you are working with someone that cares about your business and it's not there just to take your money. However is fair also to say that from the beginning to now they have improve a lots in different aspects. A special mention i want to do is the direct and quick Tech Support during the regular business hours of the day at every time, this aspect put Lightspeed above the competitors.

Pros

EASY TO USE - GOOD VALUE COST - GREAT CUSTOMERS SERVICE

Cons

SOME FUNCTIONAL NEED TO BE IMPROVE AND SOME AREA NEED TO BE ADJUST TO BE MORE FUNCTIONAL

Peter from Deisings Bakery and Restaurant

User friendly constantly improving

Pros

its ease of use, customer support is great, reporting is good. They are always coming out with updates and improvements

Cons

it was buggy at first but they have come a long way and are always there to help

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

they were able to offer a better deal on hardware and support

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Restaurant

Bakesmart was outdated. We are a large bakery and restaurant and bakesmart was a bakery POS. We needed a pos that could integrate with both our restaurant and bakery.

Kumaresan from Thanjai Restaurant

First Advanced Software

We need better support system in the week end. We need a app to view from the menu. We will have to use browser to login into restaurant manager. As a owner, we need to simple app to check the sales summary for each location in the app.

Pros

Cons

There are few limitations to use it but it's getting fixed one by one. We have only POS system. We are looking complete solutions for the restaurant to track the sales and expenses.

Jake from Waxman

Industry: Food Production

Lightspeed POS

Lightspeed has been really good to us over the past 4 years with regards to reports and POS systems.

Pros

The software was extremely customizable and accommodating . There was always an answer and or a work around to getting the setting that you need.

Cons

The price. In my situation I really only need the basics and there isn't a more accommodating price point for the little that I need. Also, they are relatively new to ecom and the add on is way too much for what it is.

Pascal from Le Cheese

Light speed for restaurant

Pros

Simple and user friendly interface allows for quick and easy training of new staff. Menu/price adjustment can easily be implemented on the fly through the back end. Daily sales reports via email allow me to keep on eye on the restaurant when I am not there.

Cons

Dont update accept updates during lunch hour, as it can take a few minutes to update and the software cant be used during that time.

Alexandra from H4C

Best on the market

Anytime an issue or a question rise up, the team is super helpful and quick to solve it !

Pros

Best POS system on the market. Period ! The customer service and dummy proof system makes everythiong easy, plus accounting is directly linked. Amazing time saver !

Cons

When you set up your floor plan there is not a lot of choices in terms of ''decoration'' to help new memebers of the team visualise the better.... But truly, that's being a little bit over the top...

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Restaurant

Too old, worst customer service ever, super pricey, super complicated.

Leigh from Hive Cafe

Very user friendly!

Pros

User friendly, and excellent technical and customer support. Lightspeed has lot of options for formatting the POS, which is an asset to any restaurant.

Cons

Using the restaurant version, there are a few limitations. First, there is limited to no inventory management. As well, there is no way to have a negatively priced product (for example if someone returns something)

Rob from Péché Restraunt

Great system

Great system great support great company Any problems we have had have been addresses and all to our satisfaction

Pros

Stable uses Apple network. Very stable Price very moderately price with loads of features Equipment using Apple products cannot get better

Cons

Some ticket layout problems. But fix things monthly Need a router with a 3G back up Incase the internet goes down

Sean from Factors Group of Nutritional Companies

From Implementation to working in Remote locations, effortless and efficient.

Lightspeed was very easy to implement, it's cut down on the time required to order and receive stock into inventory and do cycle counts to keep our inventory levels accurate. We use Light Speed to offer credit to some accounts, managing credit accounts is efficient and easy. we also take some of our terminals to Trade Shows for selling products and remote set up is always quick and effortless, the processes flow as smoothly as if we were back in our store. Processing orders is quick and effcient, and has helps us to increase the level of customer serivce and experience in our store and at Trade Shows. - Sean Craig Senior Manager of Corporate Credit Factors Group of Nutritional Companies ltd.

Pros

Ease of set up and Use Portability Inventory Management Interface Customer Support times/response Credit Account Management Individual log-ins for staff for performance tracking Excellent Reporting

Cons

Receipt Customization would be nice Receipt do not print Credit Account information as it was at time of sale, but as it is when you reprint, having archived receipts would help with reconciling accounts with customers when questions arise.

Pascal from Le Cheese

Affordable and reliable

Been reliable part of our business for over 4 years now.

Pros

Most affordable option for POS on the market that is compatible with revenue Quebec and MEV machines.

Maïna from Le Tassé - Café de Quartier

Impressive

Pros

I'm owner of a coffeeshop but also a mom of 2 young kids so the fact that I can manage my business from wherever I need, even on my phone is amazing! Also so much potentiel to help optimize every aspect of the business. Great and efficient customer support also!

Cons

It would be even better if it was independant from WI-FI

Assad from Centrale Bergham West Island

Great POS system

Lightspeed has helped to reduce costs and save time for my business.

Pros

Lightspeed has been great for my restaurant (Centrale Bergham West Island). They've helped me save time and reduce costs with their intuitive system, and every time I have a question or concern they are happy to help me and solve my issues. You can't find a better POS on the market.

Max from Bar Loic

Pros

Cons

The reporting visualizations could use some work

Raphael from Carlos Poulet

Industry: Restaurants

Simplicity with a complex offering

Having worked in the industry for 8 years, i have experienced different POS's systems. LightSpeed really offers a easy to use and user friendly platform, which makes working in high paced environments efficient. Also there customer service is really responsive, which is very useful in the restaurant industry. Strongly recommend.

Pros

-Ease of use -No matter the restaurant type, multiple layouts possible -Very aesthetic

Cons

-Better reporting, but they are very aware and working on resolving these issues.

Rana from Lebanese Fusion Eatery and Habebe's Banquet Hall

Industry: Restaurants

Absolutely beneficial software and amazing customer service!

Recommend this product and company to all business!

Pros

How easy it is to use and train staff to use it. The fact that customer service is available all the time.

Samantha from BT's Bar & Grill

Loving Lightspeed

Pros

It is easy to use and set up. I can make modifications from my phone or the computer. I can check reporting easily and quickly.

Cons

The set up of the tables for the restaurant. There wasn't many choices and when you have more than one room it can be difficult.

Caitlin from Cuisine de Manille

LIGHTSPEED Restaurant POS Review

Pros

What we liked the most about Lightspeed's software is how customizable it is! Lightspeed provides us with just the right amount of options to customize it to our liking. This is exactly what we needed for our dine-ins and catering!

Cons

We have yet to find something! So far, we have not come across any complications while using this software and we are very much happy with it!

Daelan from Poppy Barley

Good inventory Management Features

Pros

Cons

The software doesn't integrate natively with Shopify so we had to use a 3rd party integration to get it to work. It was messy.

Riccardo from SITE

Great iPad based POS System

Pros

This is a great iPad based system for restaurants, very easy to use and easy to setup it can work with existing printers, etc

Cons

Quite expensive as they charge monthly and the support isn't the greatest, I think they have one person running support for all of Canada

Mona from Arabella

Great POS system

Pros

fast, many features, easy to use, full access anywhere you are, great reports for your company

Cons

It has glitched before, all add ons are extra

Garlock from Dr. Jordan Garlock

Industry: Restaurants

Lightspeed restaurant software review.

Pros

The lightspeed restaurant software has been great. It allows us to streamline ordering and allows us to provide a great experience for both the customer and the employee.

Cons

Lightspeed restaurant software is great, but definitely took us a while to implement the program and become efficient with it. We brought in a l

Trey from Manhattan Running Company

Switched from Lightspeed

Would highly recommend for any small business.

Pros

We liked the ease of use with this POS as well as the exceptional support that was provided throughout the setup.

Cons

Some of the reports that I was used to using were an extra charge in lightspeed, but otherwise no complaints.

peter from Farmers Daughter Hotel

Back end down for Two days - First line support ultra weak - Advance Reporting is basic

For basic questions they are great. When something goes into chaos you will be down and will just have to deal with it as they are slowwwwwww at resolving issues (could be a full days or a week) that have major affects on your business. Be ready to manually have to do a lot of Reconciliation. And be ready to have High Blood pressure..

Pros

Fairly simple to use, super basic questions get quick answers.

Cons

First line support can be done by my 13 year old, Advance Reporting is more along the lines of Basic reporting, Found issues in Reporting where numbers do not add to be the same as Daily Reports (no answers). Support has a hard time following any type of logic instead they get hung up on stuff that has zero relevance.

Mathieu from Sip Cafe

User for 6 months with two stations and in house server

Pros

The support is the best i've seen in the POS industry so far and I've dealt with a few POS systems across my companies. The system is fairly easy to learn and pretty customizable. I've only had minor issues with network ips and printer setup etc for my specific setup but support were very helpful and caring. My setup is a cafe style without table service and with a drive thru.

Cons

There's some missing functionalities for Canadians but it seems to be in the works. We've had issues balancing our tills buf finally figured out gift cards are not handled correctly by the system... Supposed to be fixed.

Taciana from Cuisine HeyMyFoodies

Je recommande le programme

Pros

J’ai longtemps cherché un système de vente simple, abordable et efficace qui est compatible avec MEV et c’est le seul que j’ai trouvé qui correspondait à mes besoins! Je recommande Lightspeed sans hésitation! Ça fait 1 an que j’utilise le produit, la compagnie fait des suivis avec moi et je l’apprécie!

Cons

J’espère qu’éventuellement on pourra avoir accès au système sur notre téléphone également!

Coralie from Beurre Sale

Small restaurant with Lightspeed

I am overall happy with Lightspeed. At the beginning I called many times for tech support, and there was always to help.

Pros

customer support, small (tablet) and easy to personalize

Cons

One step too many to close a sale. Refunding is not easy.

Dan from Solon Bicycle

Industry: Sporting Goods

Outstanding POS system

Well worth the money and much less expensive than most other systems.

Pros

Super simple to use. Easy to customize. Work remotely from anywhere! More features than systems that cost twice as much.

Cons

Web-based, so occasional glitches with poor connections. Frequent updates from company slow system down at times.

Eduardo from G.E.& C.

User-frinedly software.

Very easy to use and manage, even for first time users. You can get daily or monthly reports, which help to be in more control of your business.

Pros

The customer support is just as great as the product. They will answer your questions in a nice and timely manner, and guide you through the process of understanding the functionalities of their product. They do a great job!

Valérie from Club Lespri

Just WOW!

The support and training is fabulous!

Pros

We can do everything we want. Simple, friendly user, beautiful! My servers and barmaid are in love with this software! Support and training is very great and helpful.

Cons

The config was more difficult because there is a lot of contents. But once it's done and understood, it's easy.

Hiro from Honshu

Great but not the best

Pros

Consider the pricing, it is easy to install. No server needed. It has the backup in case you are offline.

Cons

Need improvement for new integration, API and features. Limited features. Designed for mid to small restaurants.

Olivier from La Baguette Catering

Work like a Beta version

Feel like your buying high price Pos but when ou using it it feel like its a early Beta version!

Pros

Very stable, Back end for report and input items in Dark color on ipad is really nice to not distract customer in restaurant

Cons

Does nt print modifier in Red lots of little feature that should be there for restaurant that are not hard of spit bill Report are not that great. not the most intuitive Pos i used

Anas from Gamerz Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Lightspeed is the next generation in Restaurant POS systems.

We just started using Lightspeed, excellent product and very good sales and customer support. So far it has been a breeze getting everything up and running. And it is great that we can access reports and make any changes from anywhere on any device.

Pros

Easy to use with a simple and intuitive interface Amazing support team that will answer any questions you have

Cons

Can be a bit laggy if you don't have a stable internet connection Always requires an internet connection to work

Jordan from Paddy's Barbecue & Brewery

Industry: Restaurants

Easy to use and intuitive software

Pros

Programming was very simple, the support from Lightspeed was perfect. Training staff in the use was easy, being touch base on an ipad is ideal for the younger generation of restaurant staff.

Cons

Some of the back-end reporting needs a tweak for us, for instance, open priced items are treated as a separate sale, not tallied in total, but overall, no serious cons.

Alexandra from La Orilla

January 2016

Great Product for Seasonal Restaurants!

Pros

This product, although still new, is getting better and better! The support team is always willing to help answer any questions and get anything you need done and as priority. The interface is easy to use, it is just different from other pos systems so there is a learning curve. So many cool updates just came out and I can't wait to use it when my seasonal restaurant is open again! Really great product and I love that you can suspend your service charges with them during the off season!

Cons

I wish there was a 2 POS payment option. my restaurant is small but one POS isn't enough! I think I will upgrade to the 3 ipad package but it would be nice to have a 2 ipad option!

Steve from Relate Church

Industry: Restaurants

Great software for our small cafe

We would absolutely recommend this software to any small cafe's that want ease of use and to keep orders straight.

Pros

The software is really easy to set up and to use. It makes training employees really simple to - which is great!

Cons

The program is a bit pricey - but well worth it. When the customers are happy with the results that make it worth it.

Charles from Montreal Racket Club

Great product

Pros

Just installed Lightspeed at the Montreal Racket Club and can’t believe how simple to use and install it is. Would definitely recommend!

Cons

Have nothin negative to say so far. If there were any features we were unclear about, customer support was quick to work with us and find a solution

Alex from Restaurant Chongo Burrito

New PoS user purchased LightSpeed

Pros

Purchased this software for our first restaurant. Both owners are first time users of PoS for restaurants, but the learning curve was very short. The system is built in a user friendly manner, users with little experience with tech or in PoS systems will not feel overwhelmed. Customer support is always helpful, patient and courteous.

Cons

Could have preferred initial training to be done in person rather than remotely. Sometimes, functionalities aren't 100% obvious (getting the cash register to open automatically for example), so at first, it seemed like we called Customer Support for a lot of non-issues

March 2015

Annelies from Galerie Ganache

March 2015

Lightspeed makes your life easy!

Pros

It is so easy to work with. The day/monthly reports are very nice. You can check how your company is doing at any time. The layout is pleasant. You can well organize all your products in deferent categories. You don't have to count, the software is working with you even when you have to split a bill. It is so easy that if I hire a new job-student with little explanation, she/he can work with it.

Cons

When the system stops functioning, you cannot pay or give a bill. Luckily, this doesn't happen much.

October 2015

Scott from Ezell's Southern Food Express

October 2015

We love you Lightspeed! -Ezell's Express

Pros

The best thing about Lightspeed is their support team. I have never worked along side a better team of people. They really care about their product and their customers. It is a very user friendly system to use and troubleshoot. For a company that is so new to the U.S., they are making a great impression!

Cons

It has been a privilege working with Lightspeed. As they are very new to North America, they do have some crystal set backs but they are quick in settling in.

Marcus from ultimatetoolandsafety

While some advantages to system, for most part needs a lot of work

Pros

System is very easy to move through. Searching inventory numbers and counts easy to get to and find.

Cons

There are a lot of features that are needed that do not exist in light speed. Such as..... You cannot create a true backorder which makes orders very difficult to keep up with at times. There are a lot more problems that need to be worked out