• Pros

• "It is not too difficult and the support is excellent."

• "Ease of use (very intuitive) and the support folks are great! They can remote in and fix almost anything!"

• "Easy to use and navigate through, for people who have never used it before, easy to learn and get comfortable with"

• Cons

• "The inability to search for cases retrospectively with ease by what they received (albumin transfusion, etc.). It is able to be done but takes some work. "

• "There are a few redundant steps when creating and typing records but the good definitely outweighs this"

• "Cost was a big con but the more we use the features available, the more valuable it is."

Browse Cornerstone Software Reviews

Versatile

Pros

This software has been a vital part of our practice for many years. it is versatile and medical record templates can be customized to your preferences. Our laboratory results integrate directly with the medical record and are available from remote locations through the internet (VetconnectPlus). There are additional features that we hope to integrate soon such as signature capture to further streamline our "paper lite" practice. Support is fantastic and readily available from Idexx.

Cons

Rarely, a feature we love gets lost in an upgrade and starts to glitch.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your feedback, great to hear that Cornerstone's versatility and integrations are helping you and your team! We've had a lot of practices share their success stories in going paperlite or less, and we encourage you stick with it and complete the journey. Please keep us posted!

Regina from South Fulton Pet Care

The Thrill is gone!

Hardware support is now $250 for the first 15mins and 50 per minute. I have loved this system for over a decade but now I am jaded. I am looking for a more economical system for my practice.

Pros

Initially the product was intimidating but once you learn to right click and tab, its easy. If have many reports and data that can be created for comparative analysis. It is moderately simple to use but it is a definite learning curve to master. I do not use have of the features that are available. It is fully functional for a CPA. Anything they want, Cornerstone can create it for you!

Cons

What I do not like is the constant nickel-n-diming of all features and any software/hardware support that is needed. The used to be really reasonable but now, if you cannot be charged they do not help you. Software support for a server is now over $700.00 a month. That does not include hardware support. The system is good but if you are not a corporation practice, You can certainly find something cheaper.

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone Software

Back in the 2000's it was an up and coming software system which was focused on the privately-owned small animal practice. Since they have become successful, they are geared toward larger corporate type practices. So now I am in the market for a company that is focused on the privately owned practice.

Response from IDEXX

Replied April 2021

Hi Dr. Hyde-Nance, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Cornerstone, always good to know where we are hitting the mark and where there is room for improvement. One of our software experts is going to be in touch with you to discuss your options and current needs!

Gail from Pioneer Veterinary Clinic

Cornerstone vs. DVM Manager

I really miss my old detailed reports. What used to take just couple of clicks has now turned into a long process to get the same information. The amount of time saved during close out is completely lost at the end of the month with printing individual invoices for collection accounts and my monthly in house use invoices. It's really strange that this report isn't one that would be an option for reports.

Pros

Closing out can be done while the program is being used and reports printed at any time. Our previous program would not allow any input of information during the close out procedures which limits the close out times to after hours or keeping everyone off the program while it was closing. Reports had to be printed at that time and you could only print them once which was also difficult if there was a problem with the printer. Cornerstone allows us to check in on reports throughout the day without closing out as well.

Cons

Printing out a detailed (itemized) monthly report of all items used in house is time consuming and tedious. We can get a list of all the invoices for the month but not a detailed one. Each individual invoice is then printed to gain this information. This results in multiple pages each with a few items on each. Our previous program you only had to select the account, reports, transactions and it would print an itemized report with all charges to the account. When asked the reps that taught us the program as well as calling the company on the phone, this was the only way to find out all the itemized charges on any account. This also makes closing out an account for collection difficult as each individual invoice needs to be printed out to itemize the account. Very long and tedious as well as a huge amount of paper used to get what used to be one simple report.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Gail, thanks for the analysis of Cornerstone vs DVM Manager, nice to see how we stack up. We hear you on the value of a detailed report on monthly items, and there actually is one called the Treatment Report. It's under Equine but can be used for other patients. This would let you run the report by client ID and would give you all invoices and details. Hope this saves you some time!

Shonna from Monroe Veterinary Clinic

Cornerstone

There are some days that I do miss the software. I worked with Cornerstone for 18 years. MVC made the transition to switch to Cornerstone in 1999 shortly after I was hired.

Pros

The detailed information that Cornerstone offers (reports), receipts and treatment plans look clean and simple. Simple to use/navigate. I liked the way the main page was set up for the client information, patient information and medical record.

Cons

COST - license per computer, frowned upon if you did not buy their computers, not cloud base, have to have a large server to control software for each computer, etc....

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone Software

I was not apart of the decision at that time.

I can't remember

Response from IDEXX

Replied April 2021

Hi Shonna, thank you for your feedback. Great to hear about how valuable the information in the reports Cornerstone generates. Good to know too that the clean, simple design of receipts, treatment plans and the personalized user pages is so helpful to you and your team.

Lauren from Rocky Mountain Animal Hospital

LOVE IDEXX!!!!

I wish the clinic I was at now could afford Cornerstone, I miss using it everyday. It made my life so much easier and more efficient

Pros

Cornerstone can look intimidating, especially those new to VetMed. But it’s actually a lot easier than it looks. There are so many useful features to the program. One thing that I love is the Patient Visit List and how only ONE person can access it at a time. If someone else tries it says that it’s being accessed. I love the ability to “finalize” a note, which means no one else can go in an change something. Believe it or not but people can twist your words around, and with that feature they can’t. You can always go in later and add additional information to the bottom of the note, but it says it’s an add on, when it was added and who added it. LOVE. Scheduling appointments is also a lot easier than it looks, and while scheduling the appointment you can see what the patient is due for. The color coding on things that are due, coming up due, and current is a life saver. I also love the convenience of how easy it is to access IDEXX labs from the software.

Cons

Honestly nothing, I haven’t found a feature that I find unhelpful. There are so many of them, which can seem overbearing, but helpful.

Changed clinics

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied December 2020

Hi Lauren, Cornerstone and IDEXX love you too! Thanks for the feedback and willingness to recommend Cornerstone to your colleagues! Hope we can work again together in the not-too-distant future.

Richard from Palisades Veterinary Clinic

Cornerstone Reivew/Survey

From a support staff point of view, very good. From a practice management point of view, it can be difficult, especially if you join a practice years into owning the software and it was unorganized. Clean up can be difficult.

Pros

I like the appointment book as it is easy to read and organize. I like the ability to email records, notes, and forms to clients. I like the help desk as they are easy to get a hold of and are very knowledgeable. I think it is easy to look up pets and clients and deal with financial transactions. PHNP is great too.

Cons

You need to make a new client file in order to make an appointment, although I know there are a few work around for this. You cannot inactivate a mass amount of clients at one time. You can email a mass amount of clients at one time. I wish you could eliminate service and inventory items instead of just inactivating them. I wish there was a better way to organize service and inventory item, so we can pull sales and revenue figure easier. It is hard to create these reports. I hate that once you have 4 files open on the patient clipboard, it make you close a few before you can continue working. I don't like that you cannot put cost of good on service items (labwork, etc.)

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Richard, thanks for taking the time to share such detailed feedback. We know how much you depend on Cornerstone, and we'd like to help you address some of the areas you cited; you'd mentioned finding the Customer and Technical Support team helpful, and we'd recommend starting there.

Glen from Emery Animal Health

Frustrated

While customer service such as help with software, learning, and hardware issues are really good. There seems to be constant need for these people, more so than there really should be is the application was better designed for the user. I had an opportunity to receive finical assistance to pay 50% of the training to learn Cornerstone software. I asked several times to get the proper paperwork and documents to accomplish this task. I had one month to get it done. Cornerstone sales continued to fail to get back with me and get what I needed. This cost me over $5,000. It seemed once they had my signatures on the contract they really no longer cared.

Pros

Customizable templates for medical records help to accomplish many tasks and streamline our work flow. Customer serves is quite good, we can generally get help quickly. The daily planner with several tabs of tasks helps to decrease chances of task left uncompleted and gives a picture of our day. Client communications capabilities are beneficial.

Cons

The user interface is not intuitive and has a very steep learning curve. Initial user experience is poor and frustrating. There are often way more steps than needed to accomplish a task. Many tasks I need to accomplish use work arounds which decreases effectiveness and efficiency, this also increase the chances of user errors, increases the learning curve for staff, this in turn leads to lost revenues and decreased customer satisfaction. While there are good automation features they lack the ability to truly make a great client information pipeline that is needed in today's veterinary industry. It is interesting that we call this a practice management software yet the features needed for a manager such as automated reports with graphs at specific time intervals to give a better overall picture of the practices health are nonexistent. The integrated Pet Health Network Pro does not truly allow the use of two practices with out the real possibility of confusing clients and lots of work arounds, they also do not have the ability to create custom templates for communication base on specific client and patient needs.

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone Software

The hope to better create custom client communications and management reports. Integration with reminders systems, and not having my practices data used for other purposes.

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone Software

Hoping for better customer service and the ability to better communicate, educate, and serve our clients

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied December 2020

Hello Dr. Jensen, thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback. While we appreciate the thumbs up for customer support, the daily planner and client communications, we want to help you and your team address those areas of concern right away. One of our expert Cornerstone trainers is going to reach out to help you and your staff ASAP, at no charge. Please let us know how that goes!

Kelly from Bigger Road Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Flexible software that is easy to learn and use.

As a paperless practice utilizing many of the Idexx platforms and services, we are power users of Cornerstone. We have two practices within 15 miles of each other and we need to be able to access client records from either, or remotely. It's been a good solution for our practice. I've used several practice management software systems and while none of them are perfect for everyone, Idexx has the ability to invest in it's technology and continue to make improvements. It really does offer robust options and flexibility for many practices to use the features that are a good fit for them.

Pros

It is a robust software package with good integration with other Idexx offerings. The integration increases the value of each service offering. They provide continued improvements on the user interface and enhanced functionality. The learning center provides fantastic training resources for new hires and those needing a refresher.

Cons

New enhancements seem to take priority over improvement to known deficiencies, such as the functionality of the multi-location single database systems. I would like more options to capture data for reporting and analytics. You can gather most information, but need a good grasp of excel to manipulate and combine it.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Kelly, thanks for the feedback regarding Cornerstone's flexibility, ease of use and diagnostic integration; we know how important all of those are at busy practices like yours. Same goes for multi-location/single database functionality. That's an ongoing area of high focus for us, and that includes making it easier to access the reporting and analytics you depend on.

Dana from Star of Texas Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Cornerstone is a good server-based software

we used Cornerstone software for 14 years. Idexx has improved training for the software but updates are slow rolling out. Being server-based hampered our business in the 21st century. The software is fine for smaller hospitals who don't require a lot of updated features.

Pros

Ease of use, full use of system, integration with other Idexx products

Cons

Server-based updates are long and difficult to accomplish. You must order customer support which is expensive and not necessary once you have a good grasp of the software.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied December 2020

Hi Dana, thanks for your feedback on Cornerstone. Good to know that Cornerstone's overall quality, ease of use, versatile features and integrations were helpful for your team. We've put a lot of energy into improving (and shortening) the upgrade process so that practices can easily take advantage of innovative new features. That work, plus the introduction of Cornerstone Cloud in 2021, make it easier than ever to have the most advanced veterinary software available.

Tracy from Hillsboro Animal Hospital

Love Cornerstone!

Love that is also merges with Cornerstone timeclock for payroll. Easy to edit!

Pros

So easy to learn and use. Coming from a clinic that used Avimark, I would highly recommend Cornerstone. It has more options and capabilities for reporting and viewing.

Cons

Not much that I don't like. There have been few times that I wasn't able to figure something out. When that happens, customer service has been fast and helpful.

Response from IDEXX

Replied April 2021

HI Tracey, thank you so much for your feedback, and your willingness to recommend Cornerstone to other practitioners! Glad to hear you and your team find it easy to use, and that the reporting and time clock capabilities are so helpful.

Destinee from Bearden Vet Services

Cumbersome Product to Use

I’d appropriately trained on how to use Cornerstone, it could be a fantastic program but it is challenging in its current form.

Pros

It has a lot of functionality and if you know how to use the software appropriately, it can do a lot.

Cons

It’s very cumbersome. There is a very steep learning curve to working in Cornerstone. There are always multiple ways to do something which makes it challenging to teach a new employee how to use the program.

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone Software

Changed jobs and this was the software being used at this clinic.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied December 2020

Hi Destinee, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Cornerstone. Always good to know where we're hitting the mark and where there's room for improvement. We'd like the opportunity to teach you and your team how to do more with Cornerstone, and would be happy to set up a session with one of our expert trainers at no charge to you. Please let us know if you'd be interested in that!

Jessica from Companion Animal Hospital

User Friendly PMS!

Overall, it is a good software to consider. I was not involved in the purchasing aspect.

Pros

Cornerstone Software is easy to use for everyone on the team. Integrates well with Idexx Reference and In-house lab machines. Customer support was always available and easy to get in touch with.

Cons

The software would bog the server down frequently causing us to lose the function of photos and radiographs at times. I was ALWAYS on the phone with customer support.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied December 2020

Hello Jessica, glad to hear that Cornerstone works so well for everyone on your team, and that you'd recommend it to colleagues!

Gretchen from Mountain Park Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Our practice runs smoothly with Cornerstone. Everything is at our fingertips and so easy to use.

I could go on and on. It makes my life so much easier as the office manager. As I said in the review from making and confirming appointments, to controlling inventory, managing the Petly Wellness Plans, compliance of clients using medications to include heartworm and flea preventions, to vaccines, to spay and neuters. Even using the callback lists daily to check on our patients, e have built such trust in our clients that we truly care about our patients. It is extremely easy to close our the end of day with the software and print reports to see how we are doing as a practice. I have used Cornerstone since 2006 and have experienced it grow and evolve in to the premium management software that it is today. It is always improving and the IDEXX team listens to what the practice owners need and want. They make it happen! Thank you.

Pros

Integration of Petly Wellness Plans in the patient's CS file. This is awesome being able to see what plan they have and what items they have used and have remaining. Inventory control keeps us on track. It lets us know when to order items and even where we order them from. We can prevent overstocking and running out of things. Automatic reminders and appointment confirmations are truly a timesaver. Processing payments through Cornerstone for credit cards and even excessing CareCredit are so quick that it minimizes our client's wait time at check out. And now being able to see vaccine history of each patient all under one tab is awesome. Printing vaccine certificates couldn't be easier. The whiteboard is great so everyone knows at a glance from any terminal why a pet is in the hospital and what is being done for them. Cornerstone has certainly changed over the years!

Cons

We haven't had much success using the boarding module to fit our needs and the way we reserve boarding space for our pets, because you can't schedule 2 pets for the same cage on the same day if one is leaving in the morning and the other is coming in the afternoon. We need to play with it more I guess.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Gretchen, thanks for letting us know how Cornerstone is making life easier for you and your team. That's why we do what we do!

steve from Yorba Regional Animal Hospital

Prior Avimark User now using Cornerstone

Cornerstone is a powerful program that does many things almost everything needed for a veterinary practice. We were prior Avimark user for about 15 years since the start of windows version. Avimark is the most user friendly program I have ever used but it is limited as of a year or so ago to support true paperless use and our database out grew their ability to handle. They also had a whiteboard that was not practical or user friendly so we switched to Cornerstone. This program does handle large databases and does support paperless practice and works very well with integration of all their lab equipment, radiology and telemedicine. Because it is robust it is more complicated to master and there are so many things the program does it is difficult even for trainers and support staff to understand how do all the things paperless fully integrated practices need. It is not as user friendly and many things that are needed by paperless practices are not doable in the program. A simple need is in diagnosis listing - there is no way to describe anything about the diagnosis for example - Diagnosis of Limping - there is no way to go in and add a descriptor like left front or right rear - only Limping. Or if you diagnosed a mass - but no way of describing the location so you are left with reading through the exam to find out where the lump is. There are not many tabs on the patient records to sort the medical history to make finding inputs faster. But it has a Fantastic white board. The whiteboard that is fairly easy to use and does everything we needed. This was huge for our hospital and is badly needed in a paperless larger hospital. Unfortunately few practices use PM software to the maximum like we do, the problems we find or deficiencies that we find in the software from all these companies we have a small voice. But overall I think for a busy practice that wants a paperless practice and a excellent whiteboard feature and full integration of results with lab equipment and radiology results Cornerstone is the best.

Pros

Whiteboard and paperless capabilities and lab integration

Cons

Stupid little things like cannot add descriptors to Diagnosis, lack of tabs to sort medical history

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Steve, really appreciate your detailed feedback. Always good to get the specifics on where we're hitting the mark, and where a user such as yourself sees room for improvement!

Nancy from Capital Vets

Industry: Veterinary

The best practice management for business oriented practices out there

I am a power user of Cornerstone and am currently running it in five practices. Without a doubt, it was a great choice for us when we changed practice management software several years ago. The ability to integrate our lab and digital imaging is outstanding-no missed charges, all information immediately available in the correct patient chart, improved work flow and efficiency, and the ability for doctors to choose the format that they prefer for viewing results. I also really appreciate the customer support-I am the general manager as well as the network administrator, and being able to have any staff member call in to get a problem solved rather than waiting for me is very helpful. Support is respectful and very helpful to our team. We are also making great use of the learning center and the more advanced Cornerstone training programs. The reports and the Performance Tracker feature are extremely useful in managing the business side of the practice-you can really decide what level of information you want and go find it. The reports also provide a great deal of data about our clients and patients which helps us provide the care and services they want and value. The integration of Pet Health Network Pro for client communication is great-we really like the reporting features and communication options there as well. For me, the ability to have all of this technology easily integrated with one point of contact and one point of accountability has also been much more efficient than trying to deal with multiple providers as I have in the past. The only real negative with Cornerstone is all those features can also make it feel very complicated. It does require a commitment to training and to learning about the program to make it work well in your practice-but when you think of that database as the goodwill value of your practice, taking the time to manage it effectively is absolutely crucial for the long term success of your business. Some folks may find they don't need the integration or firepower, and Cornerstone may not be the best option for them as it is more expensive than some of the other options. However, I don't think it can be beat for the integration and reporting capabilities.

Pros

The strongest features are the ability to integrate lab, digital imaging, and client communication within one program. The report features are very good as well. Tech support has been great, and long hours of operation are very helpful as we operate extended hours.

Cons

Set up can be complicated and it requires a commitment to ongoing education about the program. Staff training is very important.

Jessica from Suncook River Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Customizable operating software with AMAZING customer support

I use it heavily for inventory tracking, ordering, scheduling, medical record keeping, financial tracking, employee time clock, and customizing client education that you don't have to remember to print - it can be set to automatically print on their invoice, on their prescription label, etc.

Pros

I like that you can easily costumize the software with automatic options to help staff with their workflow, everything connects back to something else for easy access to information. Their customer support is fantastic. They are available by phone, cornerstone chat, and you can allow them remote access into the system to resolve issues and do quick visual training.

Cons

It can be a little daunting to get started, but their customer service is fantastic, so there is always support to get through it.

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone Software

The continuity between IDEXX labs, IDEXX equipment, cornerstone, Pet Health Network Pro, and the customer support. Everything associated with the above programs connect and speak to each other. The price is fair for the level of customer service and support.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied January 2020

Hi Jessica, thanks very much for your feedback! Great to hear about all the ways you've customized Cornerstone so your team can work more effectively. We're proud of our support team, and we'll share your compliments with them. By the way, we've got lots of free Cornerstone training resources available at cornerstonehelp.com and on the IDEXX Learning Center, pleas check them out!

Sarah from River Hills Pet Care Hospital

Cornerstone

Overall, my experience is positive. We were able to go paperless with Cornerstone, and I was one of the veterinarians that helped facilitate that. My current practice had paper charts when I started with them, and only used Cornerstone for billing and surgical notes, but I had worked at other practices with computerized medical notes, and understood the benefits.

Pros

I like how it was easy to learn to use. I'm not especially computer savvy, but I didn't have a problem learning the essentials I needed for daily use. I especially like the medical notes, and if I remember correctly, our practice was able to customize them. Internal communication within the system with messages that are time-stamped and linked to the medical notes are helpful.

Cons

In the specialized exams (dermatology and ophthalmology specifically), I've had problems with the screen freezing during medical note input, after I try to save any drawings made on the diagrams themselves. I've lost my entire medical note (everything input prior to trying to save the markings on the medical diagrams). We've contacted the company about it, but last I knew, we were unable to correct the problem. I've leaned to work around it by typing in my entire medical note and SAVING it first. Then filling out the medical diagram. When I go to save the diagram, it always freezes the screen, and I have to exit out and do the diagram again, but at least I don't lose my entire medical note prior if I save it all first.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hello Dr. Wise, good to hear you find Cornerstone easy to use and customize! Sorry that you're experiencing that freezing issue. If you haven't already, please call Customer and Technical Support and ask them to remote in to your computer while you perform this task to see if they can isolate the issue. Yay you for spearheading your practice's transition to going paperless. We can't get enough of customer success stories like yours!

Diane from Blair Animal Hospital

Great PIMS software

Overall, we have had an extremely positive experience with Cornerstone. We have used other PIMS in the past, and Cornerstone has the least issues in terms of glitches and bugs that create roadblocks in day-to-day user ability. Staff members navigate the software well, and we have a fair range of functionality.

Pros

This software is incredibly user-friendly and integrates well with our in-house lab equipment. All staff members are able to navigate the system well and without issue.

Cons

There are, like with any programs, software bugs from time to time that provide glitches and interfere with user functionality.

Glitches, bugs, cost

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied June 2020

Hi Diane, thank you for your willingness to recommend Cornerstone to other practitioners! Glad to hear that Cornerstone's integration with hour lab equipment and ease of use are so helpful to you and your team. And we hear you loud and clear on the importance of stability and dependability!

June 2016

Dominic from Amigo Animal Clinic

June 2016

Cornerstone

We bought Cornerstone several years ago, at that time we were a busy 4 doctor practice. Installation was relatively seamless with our antiquated Better Choice system. It does take some getting used to and it is so powerful it has many features, but many ways to accomplish the same thing. You do need to have a solid understanding of windows but I find our staff catches on easily. We are now a busy 8 Veterinarian practice (mixed animal) and we continue to use many of the features Cornerstone has available. Cornerstone also grows with us.

Pros

There are many ways to accomplish the same thing. It is quiet intuitive after you have received the basic training. I have found service support to be timely and effective. It is so versatile I can't imagine it wouldn't be a good fit for any size, growing practice. It integrates very, very well with all of our equipment.

Cons

It is a beast! It can accomplish so many things it can be intimidating at first but with patience and the willingness to call the support team for help and if you take the time to watch the snippets online. It is an awesome program.

Jamie from Veterinarian

Cornerstone keeps improving how we practice.

Pros

Check-in process has the ability to print any documents needed for the appointment, so staff don't have to find handouts. In the exam rooms we can use the PVL to efficiently bill and write on medical notes during the appointment. The CVT's can then easily print anything needed to send home with the client because of the ease of creating in the client correspondence area. Behind the scenes cornerstone is capturing reminders opportunities that we previous designated so staff do not have to think about it. At check out we transfer from the PVL and add any OTC items to the invoices and check out the client. Love the vaccine tab that now tells us when important annual items were given. With multiple staff working with hospitalized pets the WB gives us information quickly when treatments were and what is come due.

Cons

I wish the reports had less clicks to build. Some click seem redundant. Wish we could arrange the check in sheet to what we feel is most important to show up on the 1st page. Patient alerts should NOT be printed on the last page.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Jamie, thank you for your detailed feedback. We're working hard to constantly improve Cornerstone so it can keep pace with an expert team like yours!

Amy from Geneva Veterinary Clinic

The Good and the Interesting

Cornerstone is definitely more robust than Intravet that we tried first when we went paperless, and the ability to view most all of the client and patient info within one screen is very handy.

Pros

Cornerstone has the ability to not only keep all of your patient charts, orderly and mostly at your fingerprints on one screen, along with client information and notes. The program also has several add-on features or programs that you can integrate for lab work, wellness plans and there is a new feature coming out in the next update as well.

Cons

All of the Cornerstone features don't seem to "work" all of the time. When there are updates or patches to fix certain aspects of the program it seems to disrupt or "break" other features or items that worked just fine. We will experience glitches within some accounts but not others, the add-ons tend to slow the program down and tech support is not allows that "supportive" or helpful if it is outside items typically on their help menu. There are many shortcuts to the programs use too, the users just aren't made aware of them.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied January 2019

Hi Amy, thank you for your feedback (both the good and the interesting). Glad to hear that the ability to add apps and services to Cornerstone is a plus for your team!

Erin from Oakwood Veterinary Hospital

Powerful Software

Pros

Cornerstone is packed full of features. There is so much you can do with an cornerstone to help with every aspect of your practices. We have also switched to Pet Health Network Pro and it is nice to see it right within Cornerstone. We also use IDEXX in-house and mail-out labs so having that all connected is great. When we switched to Cornerstone we also switched to being paper-lite. This made the transition easier (or rather ripping two bandaids off at once). Customer service is amazing! If you are having issues doing something they help you right away and are always friendly.

Cons

Because there is so much you can do within cornerstone, it is sometimes a struggle to figure out how to do something. In there is always multiple ways of going about doing the same thing. This has led to some issues at first with staff all doing things slightly different. The biggest downfall for me is that you have to close out each day, month, and year. I wish you could just search for a date range or time period instead of having reports based off of closed periods. This makes things difficult if someone forgets to close out a period, or if you have the computer manually close the period and there is a glitch (lets be honest, computers do not always operate the way they should). As a manager if I find a mistake in a deposit, I can’t easily change it from the previous day.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Erin, thanks for sharing your feedback on Cornerstone's versatility, the integrations with Pet Health Network Pro and IDEXX Diagnostics, and for the shout-out to Customer and Technical Support (we'll pass that along). Regarding end of period reporting, we understand some users see it as a pain; we look at it as ensuring that cash reporting locks down, which is why corrections to paste periods aren't allowed. Are you on Cornerstone 8.7 NEXT? You might be pleasantly surprised at how it automates end of day and end of month reporting.

Jacquelyn from Summertree Animal and Bird Clinic

Cornerstone review

Overall I have been happy. Have used several PM software and find they all have things that I love and don't love. Cornerstone is no different. Have great customer support service and usually can find the answer to problems quickly.

Pros

Multiple templates available for use, fairly easy to use and learn, easy search feature, like that it integrates nicely with lab work and radiographs

Cons

Crashes regularly and needs to be restarted. Have been using the software for 5 years and still HATE that you have to use "tab" instead of "enter". Would like a way to delete a medical note once saved in case 2 exams opened for same client etc.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Jacquelyn, thanks for letting us know your team finds Cornerstone easy to use and that the integration with your diagnostics is helpful. About those restarts; we constantly monitor error logs to identify just these types of issues and find ways to address them. If you notice that this occurs at specific times, Cornerstone Customer and Technical Support can assist in determining whether there already is a resolution that can solve it. You also mentioned wanting to be able to delete a medical note. Once you've saved an Enhanced Medical Note it can in fact be voided. If you're still using Classic Medical Notes contact Support about converting over. Sounds like this could solve your problem. Good luck!

Keala from Durango Animal Hospital

Overall A Great Program

This is a great program that we've utilized for 20 years. Would love to see some improvements, but overall happy with it!

Pros

The program is user friendly and our new staff have little to no trouble navigating things. We enjoy how many third party companies we are starting to use are also integrated with Cornerstone.

Cons

One of the main downfalls of Cornerstone is that there is not a file or tab for client paperwork such as registration forms, etc. Currently the only way to do this would be to create an additional pet file within the client account and store attachments there. The pet file will show up on third party apps though, such as PetDesk and it confuses our clients.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied June 2020

Hi Keala, thank you very much for the compliments and your willingness to recommend Cornerstone to colleagues! Glad to hear that your team is able to get up and running quickly on Cornerstone. Giving you the flexibility to extend Cornerstone's capabilities by integrating with leading apps and services is a top priority of ours! As is improving Cornerstone itself. Version 9.2 is coming out summer of 2020, please let us know which of the enhancements and updates you and your team find more valuable!

Roberto from Connecticut Veterinary Center

Industry: Veterinary

Very robust software with nice features

Cornerstone is a solid product. It has a few drawbacks but its a pretty good top contender in the Practice Management Software category

Pros

I really like Cornerstone. It's our current practice software at the time. We really like the whiteboard and the lab module. We like how easy it is to make and create medical notes. The reference lab and the telemedicine integration are quite good. The ability to add charges from almost every window is a good feature as well. Cornerstone is a pretty good almost complete package for any multi doctor or multiple location practice.

Cons

It could use a face lift. Cornerstone still looks like its a windows 98/XP product. It could definitely benefit from a better User interface. Inventory module could use another look since there is some issues with it. Updates should be a bit more frequent in my opinion

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Roberto, thanks for the compliments about Cornerstone's versatility and ease of use; we really appreciate hearing that from IT professionals. You'll be pleased to know that the next version of Cornerstone is coming in spring of 2019, and it's got a fresh new interface. Please let us know how you like it!

Cornerstone - great integration and features

Cornerstone brings many advantages to our practice. It enhances our client communication, and integrates seamlessly with Idexx labs. All of our team members are able to easily learn how to use the cornerstone system. It simplifies inventory management and makes electronic record keeping a breeze. However, when issues arise with the cornerstone system it can be time consuming to address the issues.

Pros

I like that cornerstone is used-friendly and has many great features such as the boarding module, integration with Idexx, correspondence features and ability to automatically update prices when cost of inventory changes.

Cons

We often run into glitches that affect various aspects of the Cornerstone system from time to time. When we call customer support, we often have to be transferred between multiple people. However, even though we have a case number we have to explain the situation from the beginning to each new person we walk to. Also, updates are very time consuming.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the detailed feedback. Good to hear that you're finding Cornerstone easy to use and that integration and client communication are pluses for your team.

Kay from Kilgore Small Animal Hospital

Cornerstone Practice Management

I love working in Cornerstone.

Pros

Very user friendly. Very flexible, no matter what you need to do, there is usually a way to do it in Cornerstone. If you can't find it, just call. Very fast response and issue resolved with one call.

Cons

Was used to using Better Choice before we got Cornerstone. Wish CS would pop up a message that client record was in use on another screen without appearing to be open. Too many employees disregard the message and because it looks like record is open, they try to add to it which causes problems. Have found a way to deal with this, but wish CS did not even allow it to happen. That was how it was with Better Choice.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Kay, glad to hear that you love working in Cornerstone (it's quite fond of you too). We put a lot of work into making it flexible and easy to use, and it means a lot to know that's helping the team at Kilgore. Please share your suggestion regarding the message about the client record being in use by another user the next time you call in to Customer and Technical Support. We review every piece of user feedback, and put dozens of user-requested features into every new release.

Chris from Park Hill Veterinary Medical Center

Gold Standard

We have been so impressed with Cornerstone Practice Management that we have been part of their beta test group for the last 2 years. Unlike most software upgrades, Cornerstone upgrades actually make our jobs easier. As I posted earlier, the ease and intuitive nature of the software gives me and our staff more time to do different things, whether better care for our patients and clients or simply a time for staff to take a break from their day because they are not immersed in a software that doesn't work for them.

Pros

What we like about Cornerstone the most is the ease and intuitive nature of the software. This cuts down on training time and allows staff to fully use Cornerstone regardless of what task they are performing, from inventory management, incorporating pictures and reports into client files to something as easy as scheduling an appointment.

Cons

There was an issue with a cosmetic screen color change a while back......

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

HI Chris, thanks for letting us know you and your team find Cornerstone easy to use and intuitive. Feedback like yours--including as a beta participant--is critical to making sure Cornerstone grows with your team.

Jessica from Animal medical center of healdsburg

Industry: Veterinary

I have been using cornerstone for 3 years now and it is so easy to navigate and very easy to use

The biggest benefit we get from this software is the ability to grow our practice and improve our inventory usage

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is a very step by step system. If I have any questions about an icon that I am using, I just simply hit F1 and there are tutorial and other helpful information that is linked to the user manual for Cornerstone. I also appreciate the fact that other systems such as petdesk are able to communicate with one another. I have had the chance to train other staff members on Cornerstone and even teaching a new employee is easy. Managing inventory is something new our practice has included into our daily routine and now that is easy to do.

Cons

What I like least about cornerstone is that the inventory is at times difficult to navigate. On the flip side if I have an issue Cornerstone support is always so helpful.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied May 2018

Hi Jessica, thanks so much for your feedback, including the points about inventory. So glad to hear that Cornerstone is helping your practice grow!

Michaela from Rocky Creek Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Easy to learn, easy to use

Overall we love the software and how easy it is to use!

Pros

I like that you can do most things several different ways, allowing for different type of people (who learn differently) to all find a way to get the same results but doing it in a way that makes most sense to them. I love that several other programs integrate with cornerstone to make our jobs easier. I love how easy it is for new staff members to quickly catch on.

Cons

I wish there were more ways to use the software with boarding, we have a large boarding facility and it still seems a little clunky and not as user friendly on the boarding and Doggie Day Camp side. I would like to see more done on that end, the ability to integrate a pre-schedule program for camp or send boarding confirmation emails like a hotel does for reservations.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the feedback Michaela, and for your suggestion about the boarding improvements. Great to hear that the ability to integrate other apps and services is making your jobs easier!

August 2016

Brian from Old Derby Animal Hospital

August 2016

Longtime Cornerstone User

I have been using Cornerstone software for over 15 years in multiple practices. It is hands down one of the best veterinary practice information management systems on the market today. If you're looking for a software to help you take control of your practice and maximize your potential, Cornerstone will help get you there.

Pros

Cornerstone has features that impact all areas of practice. From integrated laboratory reporting and electronic medical records, to appointment scheduling and invoicing; Cornerstone covers everything in your practice and is designed to keep you focused and efficient in your work. Customer service is thorough and attentive and will eagerly help walk you through how to do something.

Cons

Visual aspects can feel a bit dated. Reporting outputs could be improved some to give greater flexibility of information.

Kerrie from Edgemont Veterinary Clinic

Cornerstone

Far from being the best practice management system I've used. When I knew it, I knew it but even then there were always little tips and tricks I still didn't know, even after using it for 6 years.

Pros

Able to to multitask easily, having several pages open at once so that you can be serving a client and have something else working in the background. Idexx reps actually show up in the clinic to help with training, issues etc. and many of those reps have used Cornerstone on the shop floor so they know what I am talking about vs speaking to an IT person on the phone who doesn't get the issues I am having.

Cons

You have to click through lots of steps before you get where you want to be. There are so many ways to do the same thing you find that no two staff members are doing it the same way - difficult for training/SOP's.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied December 2020

Hi Kerrie, glad to hear that Cornerstone supported your need to multi task, and that having our team members visit your practice was so helpful.

Beth from Cheatham County Animal Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Our clinic has been a Cornerstone user for over 10 years. I find it very user friendly.

Reduced missed charges, more efficient-in every aspect from kennel to doctor to CSR, all the information we need is right in one place

Pros

I find myself saying it is idiot proof. My clinic is paper light, we use the whiteboard a lot- it has helped keep staff on task & has helped reduce the amount of missed charges greatly. We love the vet connect, as well. Everything is right in one place & we don't have papers & charts everywhere!

Cons

It is not as fast as I always want it to be, I don't have the patience to wait for the computer when I have things to do. I would like for a client email to print on their invoice. I would like to remove the option to pick a completed time when performing a task on the whiteboard.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Beth, thanks for your detailed feedback on Cornerstone. Glad to hear how Cornerstone's diagnostic integration is helping your team eradicate paper and lost charges! Please know we're continuously working on making Cornerstone open and run faster because who has time to wait, right?

MaryBeth from Main Street Veterinary Hospital

This is a computer system that can do it all. Medical record management, patient care, integration!

Pros

I love the fact that the software is easy to use and easy to train. It is fully integrated with their lab and digital radiography so that all medical records are complete. It's more reliable and exact than an employee. It's so intuitive that the error is taken out of human error! Cornerstone can give me the information I need to manage a business. There are hundreds of reports that can be generated for anything I might need, from financial to marketing, to medical information! Every update is made with the user in mind. They are constantly improving to keep us legal, help our patients and improve our bottom line.

Cons

What I like least is probably what makes it the best. You can get to the same place a dozen different ways. It can be confusing at times. But once trained, it's simple to navigate.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi MaryBeth, thank you!

Cindy from East Orange Animal Hospital

Ease of use

Pros

color coding appts., reports that can for generated, time clock feature, email capabilities within CS, client clip board, vet connect integration

Cons

not inventory friendly, not easy to set up and attach documents too many steps, need boarding module updates, seems like it takes too many "clicks" to get jobs done, would like a user friendly physical exam document with drop down options to add in our own diagnosis (like the physical exam which is no longer being supported).

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied January 2019

Hi Cindy, really appreciate your review and your feedback about what could easier. Regarding inventory, be sure to check out the resources we have on the IDEXX Learning Center: https://www.idexxlearningcenter.com/course/index.php?categoryid=60. Sorry to hear that you feel the attachment process is difficult. Did you know that before the document is finalized you can right click on it and attach files without opening the entire document? We hope this will save you some steps

SO MANY WAYS TO GET TO WALMART!

Pros

Cornerstone offers so many ways to get the same end result. This is a blessing and a curse (with training new staff).

Cons

The time clock lacks all the functions we need today. No way to track PTO accruals and uses. Also the reports are not set up to be able to run the most needed reports - top inventory items in particular.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback about Cornerstone. We hear you on training staff on the best way to find information. We've got improvements coming in 2019 that will make finding key client and patient info faster and easier. Three suggestions for you in the meantime: 1) point new staff to the Cornerstone Core Functionality training on the IDEXX Learning Center, 2) recommend they use the handy F1 help feature, and 3) have them go to one of our live, local Cornerstone User Group sessions. There's no charge to attend! You can find an up-to-date listing of those at idexx.com/csusergroup. Thanks also for your suggestions about PTO accrual and reporting!

Karen from Norton Animal Hospital

Cornerstone Practice Management Review

Pros

Cornerstone Software by Idexx is very user friendly. It's easy to learn quickly and can do a lot of automated things if you are fully integrated with Idexx labs - in and out. Electronic medical record keeping is easy as well and you can set it up so that the notes are automatically finalized.

Cons

Inventory module is useless pretty much - no matter how clean you try to keep it, it just doesn't work the way it should updating quantities on hand.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Karen, glad to hear you¿re getting so much value from Cornerstone's diagnostic integrations, and that you are taking full advantage of so many of the efficiencies it has to offer. Sorry to hear about your experience with the inventory module. We are working on improving it with every release, so make sure you're on the most current version of Cornerstone.

Kerry from Paw Patch Veterinary Hospital

Review on Cornerstone

Pros

I like that it is robust and offers many different reporting features. I also like that it has started integrating with outside vendors such as Vitus Vet, Pet Desk pharmacy distributors, our online store, etc.

Cons

I have had a problem with the communication between Patterson and Cornerstone after the last upgrade and will need to perform another upgrade in order to get it corrected. That takes a lot of time and the last upgrade required additional support that could not be done outside of office hours so it left us without a computer system for a morning.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Kerry, thanks for the feedback on Cornerstone's versatility. Fun fact: it integrates with more products and services than any other software. Glad to hear that's helping you and your team.

Chris from The Animal Hospital of Collin County

Industry: Veterinary

Excellent, great support, easy to use after initial setup and staff training.

Support from Idexx when I need it (and I need help often!).

Pros

The support Cornerstone offers has kept us as customers for all these years. They are easy to reach over the phone and has always been able to answer my questions (I have had a lot during the inventory setup and EMR transition), or get me to someone who can get them answered!

Cons

I would like the interface to be more touch screen friendly. We just upgraded the hospital to 8.6 (free upgrade) and it's a big step in the right direction. E-Mailing records, invoices, etc. is much better, however I would like the see the software become more touch screen friendly.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Chris, great to hear how Cornerstone's ease of use and our Customer and Technical Support team are helping you and your staff!

Cornerstone Review

I've worked with several different programs as a relief veterinarian, and though there are still things about the software that I may not understand or utilize properly, it's the one I seem able to use the most features / easy to learn and use.

Pros

Different boards that keep me organized on phone calls / meds to fill / exam notes to finish writing!

Cons

Too many different areas to record information, example - some staff will use the callback text versus quick text options and they show up in different areas when searching / text vs exam

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that Cornerstone is helping you stay organized. We've got great resources available that can help your team standardize how they use the software. F1 help is always a good place to start, followed by the IDEXX Learning Center.

Rachel from Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center

Industry: Veterinary

Cornerstone: the better veterinarian software

Pros

I have used multiple veterinarian softwares in the past and found Cornerstone to be my favorite. It is very user friendly and can be learned in a relatively fast manner.

Cons

The software (imaging and technicality) seem dated. The software can do more than you anticipate being able to be but is not as intuitive as you would anticipate. Although the software is very easy to learn. To use it to its maximum there are mundane steps that need to be performed to get it to do a simple task.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Rachel, you'll be pleased to know that your favorite practice management software will be sporting a fresh new look in the spring of 2019. It's more intuitive and helps users access critical information faster. Please let us know how you like it!

Mark from East Orange Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

There are no good options

Communicating with clients is next to impossible. The physical exam form/function has been abandoned by Cornerstone. There simply is no physical exam form/function in the "practice management" software. There are "Breed Information sheets" available for clients but no useful forms to run the hospital. Those I am expected to generate myself -which I have tried doing and dedicate several hours every Monday to this task. With multiple calls to Cornerstone Help to design these templates for Physical exam, Surgery forms, Inpatient/Hospitalized patient SOAPS, etc, I have successfully created zero documents. I spent my entire NAVC conference a few years ago focusing on Idexx software/paperless practice sessions, I have solicited Idexx's (Carla, I believe is the "paperless/paper lite" person) help at TNAVC (now VMX) every other year when I attend; 4 years in, after upgrading our computer system, converting everything over to Idexx Labs to facilitate integration with PM software, attending multiple Cornerstone User workshops etc, I am more convinced than ever that Cornerstone Cannot be used PROPERLY in a paperless practice. I have visited several "paperless" practices in the area, and it can be done only if I simply give all patients the same cut-and-paste physical exam notes. Paperless? Yes. Accurate and efficient? Hardly. There is simply no place in the "record" where I can simply look back and see what went on with the last exam(s). Very disappointed on many fronts

Pros

Familiarity - have been using Cornerstone since 2000 (Y2K scare regarding the old PSI system). Used PSI for 6 years prior to that

Cons

It is not designed for paperless practice. There are no easy ways to perform simple tasks. Every routine task (physical exam, writing/sending a prescription, you know those odd things that medical practices seldom have need to do) requires a "work around" which only a few select people on the Cornerstone help line can figure. Most calls are met with, "well that just can't be done with this system" or "no-one has asked that before, I will refer it to our developers and maybe it can be included on the next update".

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied January 2019

Hi Mark, really sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for the detailed feedback. We've had a lot of practices use Cornerstone to go paperless and we'd like you to be successful there too. Just after you wrote this review you had a live training session with a Cornerstone Field Service Representative. Sounds like that went well, hope a solution is in the works!

Jim from Animal Health Associates

Great vision, substandard implementation

I have been using Cornerstone for about 10 years now. It is a very powerful program but is a daily source of frustration for us. The program has a checkered history- it started life as a diet calculator, but then features were bolted on over the years until it is now a full-blown practice management system with support for digital radiography, inventory management, medical notes, the works. Unfortunately this haphazard development history shows: the program is inconsistent in operation from one screen to the next, and many parts of the program don't work well with one another. Also, and perhaps most frustratingly, bugs do not get fixed: updates contain new features and new bugs, but old bugs are rarely fixed. Here's an example: there is a rounding error in the quantity on hand calculation that occasionally makes it impossible for certain inventory quantities to go to zero. Even entering zero manually does not set the quantity to zero. Unfortunately it is impossible to move an item to a new location if the QOH is not zero - a step necessitated by a design error in the program that I won't go into - so one has to contact customer support, have them remotely connect to the server, and edit the data using database tools. This needs to be done every few months. Some features are extremely hard to use - for example, simply selecting a lot number for a vaccine requires 3 windows, 7 clicks, and one double-click on a non-obvious location. It is so tedious that we had to disable expiration date tracking for everything except vaccines. There are at least 3 different ways to enter dates in different parts of the program. Error messages appear at random and are not helpful. User errors made cannot be corrected (!) - for example, if we enter the wrong provider on an invoice, the entire invoice needs to be voided and recreated - it cannot be changed, even by a supervisor with special clearance. Etc. I could go on for hours.

Pros

Great vision and a huge feature set

Cons

Crash-prone, hard to use, inconsistent

Emily from Pet Emergency Education

Comprehensive Software

Pros

I do like all of the functions available using cornerstone. Semi user friendly. Petly integration is cool.

Cons

There are too many different ways to accomplish the same thing which makes training a nightmare. I would like to see a better boarding module.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

HI Emily, glad to hear that Cornerstone's versatility is helping your team, and we're so pleased you're liking the Petly Plans integration. The Cornerstone Core Functionality Training is a good way to provide your team with clear, consistent work flows for key tasks. It's free, and you can find it on the IDEXX Learning Center. Improving the boarding module is definitely on our radar, and if you have specific ideas on how it could better please share those the next time you call Customer and Technical Support. Thanks!

Alexandra from Shores Animal Hospital

All encompassing software

Pros

Easy to make new or modify old document templates. It’s all encompassing between schedule, Idexx, vetsfirstchoice, radiographs, and the meds/documents

Cons

Sometimes freezes/malfunctions and closes out without being able to save what you’re currently working on

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Alexandra, thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear that Cornerstone's versatility is so helpful for you and your team. We also appreciate you letting us know about that performance issue; we constantly monitor error logs error logs to identify just these types of issues and find ways to address them. If you notice that this occurs at specific times, Cornerstone Customer and Technical Support can assist in determining whether there already is a resolution that can solve it. Please let us know!

Tracy from Packerland Veterinary Center

Easy Scheduling

Pros

The scheduling is very easy and the schedule is easy to read.

Cons

Because you have to click on individual daily records to read previous reports, it can be time consuming to check a full history. Also, either our computer master server is not appropriate for this software or it there is a software issue because our computers sometimes take 30-60s to open or save a record.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Tracy, thanks for your feedback on Cornerstone, glad scheduling is so easy. The improvements coming in Cornerstone 9.1 should help you retrieve patient and client information more quickly, but you might also consider contacting Cornerstone Customer and Technical Support for a hardware review to rule out any issues there.

alice from north florida animal hospital

cstone

GREAT.

Pros

Constantly upgrading based on client review and need. Excellent client service by phone, in house and at conferences. All phone calls taken care of IMMEDIATELY for support both software and hardware in most cases.

Cons

Training new staff as it does have so much to train on to get the most usage. Platform for software does not play well with other programs on network and requires really good set up by IT on both ends to get them working well together.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied January 2019

Hi Alice, glad to hear that you and your team like the frequent improvements, and that the Cornerstone Customer and Technical Support is right there with you when you need help. Thank you for the feedback!

Katy from Pond Point Animal Hospital

Comprehensive Software

Pros

Secure, Reliable, Excellent Support, Customizable, once you understand what you can do, there is SO much you can do you practically forget and the rediscover and go back and do more. The more you figure out, the better you can run your office.

Cons

Difficult to fix errors, Expensive Customer Support, Difficult to organize searches the way I want, Must read/ask for help to achieve goals, ie- I want to do X with this software - LOTS of time invested in figuring it out, then doing it, worth it but not intuitive at all.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Katy, thanks for your feedback, good to know where we're hitting the mark and where there's room for improvement.

Jennifer from East Central Veterinarians

Powerful veterinary management software

Pros

Cornerstone allows the user to generate a lot of different reports. There are also custom reports, so if you want to learn about your practice, there is a report for it. Each time I take a CS coarse I learn about a new feature. They updates are packed with great improvements, I am excited for each new release.

Cons

The way Cornerstone tracks multiple inventory items used for a single procedure is a little cumbersome.

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your feedback on Cornerstone's versatile reporting, great to hear that's helping you and your team. Ditto for the upgrades and training sessions--it's been a pleasure to meet you at those!

Tough transition

We transitioned from a very old but simple program to this. The learning curve was huge, but one all staff embraced it the program really works well for our practice

Pros

I enjoy that the records, lab results and pictures can all be placed into the same easy to find file.

Cons

Response from Idexx Laboratories

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your feedback, mystery Cornerstone fan! We recognize that the transition to Cornerstone can come with a learning curve, which is why we put so much energy into working in person with practices like yours to help you get up and running. Glad to hear that your team has embraced Cornerstone!