• Pros

• "I love the ease of dialing and being able to text, the best piece!"

• "I love how this software allows me to transfer from my computer to my mobile phone seamlessly."

• "Easy to set-up and 'just the right functionality' Excellent customer service Very reasonable price "

• Cons

• "HD Calling on iPhone app doesn't work for my phone (iPhone SE) consistantly enough to utilize, although the fallback method works very well. "

• "The voice to text is not always accurate, but it's usually enough to get the point of the message across."

• "It is utilitarian, and the interface is very basic. It's not the most pleasant user experience, but again, it gets the job done. "

Browse Dialpad Talk Reviews

Nicholas from Project: Website

The Best Office Phone Solution

Dialpad's AI transcription service makes it easy to follow up on calls without writing notes. It automatically locates todo actions and positive/negative sentiments and makes it incredibly easy to stay on top of all your office communications.

Pros

Dialpad truly has two distinguishing features that make it better than all other competitors: 1. Design. Dialpad's intuitive user interface across all its platforms far exceeds the clunky, outdated interfaces of its closest competitors. Having a similar, yet distinguished interface helps differentiate it from your regular phone app on your phone while retaining similar functionality to ease the learning curve. 2. Seamless integration. Dialpad makes it easy to switch calls between your devices. For example, if I take or make a call on my Mac, I can easily move it onto my cell phone if I need to move locations. Other competitors typically have an iPhone app. While some have apps on other platforms, we have found them buggy, and for some, unusable. There are a number of other features, such as its AI transcription, but these are probably the two most important features for a phone system. Simply put, our team has never had a single complaint about Dialpad, which is exactly what you would hope for in an infrastructure component like Dialpad.

Cons

There isn't anything that I dislike about Dialpad. It has been a perfect solution for our office phone system.

TJ from Commercial Credit Group, Inc.

This is the next step in IP phones - Perfect for working from home

This has been one of the best decisions our IT team has made. We tested the other cloud phone providers, with none providing the fully featured, simple and reliable system as Dialpad. Adding users, configuring phone trees, configuring main lines, adding fax, everything is simple, fast, and intuitive in their system. With integration into Hubspot, which we already used as our CRM, our management has even more insight into their sales team's performance. Our user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Our ability to have users work from home and have 100% full phone access cannot be overstated. This is probably the biggest takeaway anyone should take from reading this. Absolutely no disruption in our ability to call or make calls when switching our entire office to working from home.

Pros

Deployment cannot get any more simple. Set up the user in the web interface, put in 4 digit activation code on phone. Done. Work from home - SIMPLE. With Office 365 integration, users simply use their email and pass to sign into Dialpad from their personal cell phone, personal computer, work computer, anywhere. Just moved offices, our phone system was the only system that required no extra setup. Just plug in at the new location, and everyone is working like normal. Simple and intuitive. Reliable, priced perfectly, full of features.

Cons

I used to have cons with the limited abilities admins had over users' settings like call forwarding (for example, if an employee is sick and forgot to set her calls to forward to someone else). This has been fixed recently, and at this point I cannot think of any con.

Harry from Oak & Willow Bodywork (d/b/a)

good value but buggy.

As primary business phone line, Dialpad fits the bill. I can make and receive calls for my business on my personal phone without revealing my personal number, and I can maintain a minimalist customer list. As a mobile-only (not an enterprise) user, there’s a lot that the app can do which I don’t need. Dialpad appears to have capabilities that can support my business growth (additional users and physical locations), but I’ll be wary of whether their inconsistent iOS interface is an indication of spotty development overall.

Pros

Note: Dialpad offered gift certificates to reviewers. I think that’s shady. But I have used the app 2+ years. Best: I am a sole proprietor (single user) & love that this app gives me a business phone number that rings to my personal device. That’s genius, a good value, and worth all interface hassles. Also, support has improved a lot. I get timely, thorough responses to issues: there’s a star-rating requested every outgoing call, and when I have reported issues (rare, such as one-way audio), they’ve sent detailed analysis explaining what happened. At least one bug I reported (an issue where the keyboard covered most of the comment field on a feedback window, with no scrolling) has recently been fixed.

Cons

Dialpad scores terribly on its interface and on interoperability with other apps. The contacts-search function won’t access iOS Contacts (even with access granted in Settings): type a name in search, and it will sit & spin all day. It doesn’t even time out. The app provides a skeleton contacts function (name, phone numbers, emails, company, and title—that’s it), so I lose a lot of functionality that’s essential for a communications app. Similar fail when sharing a picture from Photos: tap Share, select Dialpad, and the app will open to the eternal spinner (yet the app will acceess Camera and Photos the other way around). Also, unlike iOS Messages, when I start a text in Dialpad and need switch screens or apps, the draft text goes away. Lost time & effort. These issues are all long term, so clearly, the development team just has not prioritized basic functionality in their phone app.

Effective and helpful VOIP system with some quirks

I am pleased but want more reliability.

Pros

This VOIP platform continues to grow better and offer more features and allows me to access my calls and clients on my cell phone and computer.

Cons

It was having issues on older Android phone and would switch to my personal voicemail. Also I was given 2 numbers and can't seem to control which one I send texts to customers always.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad Talk

I wanted more reliable features when switching from laptop to cell phone.

Joseph from Gateway Express Inc.

Industry: Warehousing

Very easy to use!

Pros

The cross-platform compatibility and ease of use. If I've missed a call and/or have a voice mail from my wired connection I can review and listen from any mobile device using the Dialpad app. Also the voice-to-text feature is convenient for those times that you don't have the option to listen to a voice mail.

Cons

I am happy with this product. If I could change only one thing it would be the voice-to-text feature regarding voice mail messages. The accuracy could be improved some, but this feature on most voice-to-text services are about the same for accuracy.

Bryan from GMI

Industry: Facilities Services

Onboarding/Migrating

Onboarding was smooth. We transitioned from Mitel with 60 lines. Because the porting was so smooth, I was thanked for how well it went. We are so thankful to be out of Mitel services and into one system.

Pros

Mobile/Desk/Web-app allows me to switch between device seamlessly without the caller knowing. The call transcriptions and recording is great to review calls. I really like the Google integration as well.

Cons

I would like the API to provide call transcripts with Zapier. This will allow me to create a webhook I can then pass to my CRM to create a case if needed. Sometimes my mobile app on Android when my screen is locked and the device rings through Dialpad the app hides. I have to unlock the phone and by then the caller hangs up.

Integration and features.

Cody from U.S. Pranic Healing Center

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Remote Phone Forwarding for Office Practices

Concerns that not all calls are connecting. While phone does ring, appears regularly as calls missed where no notifications were delivered for, "calls."

Pros

That we could quickly re-establish a live connection with our students.

Cons

The variations between applications: Phone, Tablet, Computer. Would prefer an more synonymous view of settings.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad Talk

The executive decision was not mine. However I am in full support of your winning the bid as a business tool for our organization. Not looking back and not doubting your service. Very much appreciate what you have given us. Very useful and with lots of thoughtful additions for daily activity.

Pros

We love how easy it is for our team to communicate with clients and vendors. It's so great for every one on our team to be able to see call logs and messages.

Cons

We see several dropped calls and at times it can be confusing to find messages

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad Talk

Dialpad had all the features we needed and onboarding was super easy

Dysiree from ContactCRE

Dial Pad Versus Other Phone System

My experience was great, basically it does the job we need so I am satisfied with that. But to be more advanced, the system needs more improvement and I hope they could make it more user-friendly​.

Pros

If you are looking for a ​cheaper phone service, that does the job of catering your customer's, this might be the one for you. Way cheaper than Ring Central and The Customer​ Service is Up top, but SOMETIMES not so easy to get in touch with especially​ on weekends. However, I highly recommend​ their service as they are very fair to their users, For instance, when we were still getting used to the system,​ we have 4 phone lines that were reserved and we weren't aware that it was being billed, but the customer service steeped in and refunded the cost of the unused lines RIGHT AWAY, they are easy to negotiate with.

Cons

The Software is basic, but not that very user-friendly compared to ring central. We've been using Ring Central for a few years before we shifted to Dial Pad. Recordings are not easily located, when you try searching the phone number on the call logs, it will just give you the activity and the only way for you to turn on the recording is to manually​ turn it on while on a phone call, there must be some other ways, but for people who are not so techy and just wanted to use the phone service solely, it would be quiet a challenge figuring how to set this in automatic mode. Dial Pad also Offers Transcription, this means that all Voicemails left on your phone numbers we're automatically transcribed, however,​ it is not accurate but it does the job. Integrations with dialpad to your customized database​MIGHT be possible​ but at a higher cost and you may need to get a quote with their Sales Department.

Tommy from J. Uno & Associates

Dialpad: Extra Effort Required

My company is using Dialpad to save on costs.

Pros

It does work; I can make and receive phone calls.

Cons

I found the desktop computer interface difficult to use. I just couldn't get used to all the steps involved with answering the phone in the time before it went to voicemail. My co-worker has the optional desk phone, which I think would be a better solution for me. I don't use the phone often in my work (3-4 calls per week), so it's not necessary for me to have the earpiece on all day. This means that when the phone starts to ring, I have to find the earpiece, turn it on, put it in my ear, then take the cursor off whatever I'm currently doing on the computer, find the icon on the computer screen and click on it to answer the call. If I happen to be in the middle of editing a cell in an Excel spreadsheet, this clicking away leads to making errors or not being able to figure out where I was or what I was doing. I'm sure younger folks are used to such interruptions, but I find it annoying to not be able to just pick up the phone and talk. Similarly, it takes two buttons pressed to make a call, and I can't be sure that the phone number I'm calling is correct, since the number on the Dialpad display is some random number that has nothing to do with the call I am trying to make. It also incurs a bit of delay when connecting which is just long enough to be annoying. Another thing is that the person I'm calling doesn't know it's me, since the phone number that they see is not even from the same island I am on. Calls to Guam do not go through on Dialpad.

Milan from RE/MAX INTEGRA

Dialpad Review

Overall, the experience with Dialpad is quite positive. We came from another in house VOIP solution, and knowing that you always have someone ready to help you , gives you peace of mind. It does what its supposed to do, and the majority of the time it does it well!

Pros

One of the best features Dialpad has to offer is the ability to integrate with other services. Single sign on makes accessing Dialpad a breeze, and with GSuite requires one less password for myself, and all of our users. We all have so many passwords that we need some form of software to maintain them all! Interaction with other users through Gsuite, Salesforce, and many others also show up in the main interface allowing users to quickly go back to files, or conversations they recently had with other users. Unified communications is big in today's world and Dialpad handles it quite well. There is a decent variety of equipment that you can use with Dialpad, but it also allows us to completely remove the desk phone which is a nice touch, especially considering the types of work envoironments we have where users can chose where they would like to work. Last but not least, and at the core of its functionality the basic phone system. While allowing users to transfer calls amongst people, you are also able to transfer between devices, which means that, when your 1-2 meeting runs long, you can move your call to a mobile device if you need to get going. Overall the system is quite robust, and provides all the functionality one could ask for!

Cons

Its hard to list many cons, as we have only ever experienced a few, but here they are. Not all bluetooth, or wireless headsets play well with Dialpad. We have had to switch the headsets that a handful of our users depend on. That being said, once you have found one that works well, there are no problems. One other problem that we have encoutered is dropped calls, or unresponsive application. Most of the time, a simple restart of the application, or computer will resolve these issues, but they are still issues. Last but not least, the frequent updates. While it is good to continuously provide important updates, it feels like there is one every week, and not all users are comfortable with making these changes.

The most advanced and affordable option out there

I love Dialpad. We started with Google Voice back in the day, but abandoned it because it wasn't a flexible office phone solution. Then we jumped into Switch.co because it promised a lot that Google Voice lacked. It wasn't quite right for us yet so we went away from that too. I also tried other solutions along the way. After a few years, Switch.co matured and was rebranded into Dialpad. Since that maturation we've been all in! The new iteration of the platform had the simplicity we needed while at the same time bringing the tech we desired. The audio delay on this voip service is non-noticeable. Let me repeat that, the audio delay is non-noticeable. We've tried a lot of VOIP systems and that is my biggest complaint. Dialpad delivers on the quality of the audio and the non-noticeable delay. When we've had issues or questions, customer service was on it in a suprisingly short amount of time. On top of that, they always resolved our issues/questions in a satisfactory way. This is a great product, but moreso I think they're a great company.

Pros

1) Works on ios/android, computer, and desktop phone. It works well on all the devices I use. 2) You can transfer calls between devices. 3) Each month it gets increasingly better with regular software updates. 4) Simple management of our team phone numbers and departments. 5) It allows for better general office number handling.

Cons

1) When switching from wifi to cellular LTE the call often drops or has issues for a bit (ie. leaving the office, with HD calling enabled) 2) Not great conference integration. I'd rather see a great video chat solution that integrates smoothly, than halfway-there uberconference integration. The pricing is silly w/ uberconference, every one of my lines doesn't need their own uberconference, we really only need 1 or 2 lines.

Cloud-Based Office Phones Increase Productivity

Pros

I admit I was somewhat hesitant for our office to move from a traditional phone system to a cloud-based one. After using Dialpad for nearly a year, I honestly can't remember why I had hesitations in the first place! This system makes my work communication simple and efficient. I'm in and out of the office all the time, so it's been great to be able to answer work calls wherever I am. Our staff uses the messaging function to interact with each other on team projects. I love the fact that you can easily look over your call history list and edit call information to the name of the caller -- I don't have the need to scribble phone messages on paper anymore because it's all conveniently on the app! In addition to receiving voicemails on your phone, you can get emails including them too, so if you need to pass the message on to a co-worker, it's just a simple email forward away. Another awesome feature is the call data. You can track how many people are calling your organization during a specific time period, what percentage of those calls are getting answered, and who in your organization is making the most calls, along with much more data. These metrics can be used in a variety of ways to make your staff more efficient and engaged. The interface is easy-to-use and understand. Once you have the app on your device and configured appropriately, it's nearly problem-free. It makes me more accessible to our clients and helps keep our team on the same page -- what's not to love?

Cons

The number one issue you will need to get used to using this product is the slight delay that happens from when you speak your words to when they are actually heard. This results in a lot of accidental talking over your caller, but once you use the product for a while, you will get the hang of it. You can set up the app to use wifi or your calling plan. If you use your calling plan (which you must when you are away from a wireless router), you can get calls with bad connection or even drop a call. If you do have an issue during your call, you have the ability to give the call a one to five star ranking. If you rank the call low, you can add details about the problem, and then support will take a look and try to address the problem if possible. So there are issues, but I think the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives.

Promising service BUT...

Mobile communications for a small business. Call recording. Conference calls.

Pros

In fairness to the "But/Cons" that I will mention, this is the second business that I've used Dialpad for. I've loved the flexibility of the service! Apps for all big platforms, and it has been fairly reliable for VOIP. I love their call recording and uberconference is decent although it would be SO helpful to be able to share videos better.

Cons

There are some features that a business would expect to have. The ability to delete a license or to migrate a user... or to view messages from an employee. Why wouldn't an admin have access to this? THis is a business service not for personal calls!!! I had a huge issue with an user threatening to sue & harm me and was contacting my clients and badmouthing my business. Dialpad said that I would need a court order to view those communications!!! WHAT? I'm paying for the service! It's MY account! I had a desperate need to see what damage that he was causing and Dialpad wasn't there for me and likely won't be there for you either! Also, they would take a full day to respond to a support message allowing him to do further damage as I waited and waited. I could delete him, but then all messages/evidence would have been lost. I practically begged Dialpad to call me and they said that my plan didn't include phone support. I would have thought that Dialpad hearing that their service was being used to threaten people would have caused Dialpad to take greater measures to help their customer. Even when they tried to help they caused technical glitches and delays that allowed the user to delete almost all of his messages to hide his behavior so I still have little idea what kind of damage the he caused to me. When the account was finally assigned to a new user I asked to speak to a manager and the never heard back from my requests. Serious flaws here!!!

Tamesha from BackonTrackAgent

I Love It!

Efficiency is the right word to sum it up with DialPad. Dialpad has brought Efficiency with my business. I'm able to connect with my clients right from the start. DialPad allows me to prepare to take a call by sending a notification to my device or desktop. I'm ready for every call.

Pros

I love how DialPad offers all of the contacts information right there all at one time. You can check and see the last email, text, appointment. Also, you can view tips to use in you conversation.

Cons

I don't have a whole lot of cons for Dialpad. The only thing, I may say is when there time for an update, my app starts to disconnect a bit when receiving calls/text messages. Other than that, I use DialPad on a daily basis all day long. It's the first thing I bring up on my computer and on my cell phone when I'm on the go. I never miss a call or a message. It's the life of my business.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad Talk

Initially the color of the company drew my intention. During the trial, I saw how functional Dialpad was. The application was easy to use, I like the way that I was guided to use the product as a new user. I was able to get set up in about 15 mintues. I was able to link my email, setup my phone settings, and import all of my contacts instantly. As the weeks went by, I realized that DialPad was a special tool that made my business thrive more vibrantly.

Scott from Predictable Hire

Has been a great piece of software for my business

This software has allowed me to spin up or down business operations with the flip of a switch, and gives you a VERY full featured office phone solution for a fraction of the price of other companies. When comparing this to hardline phone systems, I honestly don't know why any company wouldn't just use this instead (as long as your computer has an ethernet connection).

Pros

I like that the software is affordable, reliable, and accessible in many different ways. I use it as the main business line for my company and adding/removing users is super easy, creating a main line is easy, and having access to your phone via apps anywhere you are is fantastic. I also am very impressed with their quality and their customer support. I was having an issue with call quality, and I couldn't tell if it was my bluetooth headphones or my wifi. Their team got REALLY technical digging into the transmission details from my call, and told me there was a lot of chatter on the wifi. I ended up just running an ethernet cable and have literally zero problems anymore.

Cons

The mobile app is good, but somehow not as reliable as the desktop software. I've had some issues making calls, and turn around and dial from my regular phone number and it works fine. I would suspect this has something to do with the fact that Dialpad uses internet instead of the regular phone line, but if I have plenty of LTE signal for a phone call I would think Dialpad would also work. As a result I generally just feel safer taking important calls from the desktop.

Tyler from Randco Tanks

An Amazing Softphone System

We switched from a standard phone system, not even VOIP, to this and has helped tremendously. It helped handle and port calls to the right department, fend off solicitations and auto spam callers. We can transfer calls, have a funny hold tune, and more features that are being released as time goes on that brings us and our customers value.

Pros

Easy. Helps cut down on spam calls when auto attendant is set up. Decent integration with Google. It has Uberconfernece, which has cool features for a group call. You can set up departments that are multiple user ringing lines. Easy to setup. Easy and fast editing if you have alternative hours of operation a certain week. Recordings and Voicemails can be saved to your google drive! Reporting shows a lot that helps visualize what you're dealing with. Contacts can be auto-imported into your Google Contacts list. Notifications on missed calls and voicemails. You can turn on when you're in business, so that phone calls go straight to voicemail after a greeting after hours.

Cons

Sometimes has issues with dropping calls sometimes. Sometimes can be a hassle if your headphone system isn't set up on the first call of the day, whether user error or settings getting mixed around automatically.

Jason from Spencer Weddings and Entertainment

Designed for BIG, but no SMALL business should be without it...

Overall, I've been a Dialpad user since before they were Dialpad (called Switch back then). Like any business that's growing, some things had to get cherry picked down, like direct phone support for smaller users. The forums are a good place to start, and most of my email support tickets have been resolved in timely manners -- including porting of numbers -- but not being able to pick up the phone and call support is a little worrisome. Still, the service is usually rock solid and integrates well across my four computer and three iOS devices. It is a true virtual phone system that sounds fantastic and crushes the competition. If they could integrate with a spam call service like Hiya, then I think it would be everyone's go to for small and medium business, for sure.

Pros

I'm pretty much a one man show, but I offer three different lines of services. I also have a cell phone number that goes back to 1998, so I like to keep it private from the business world. Dialpad allows me to separate all three service lines into their own department, with their own phone numbers and/or extensions, while keeping my personal cell number 100% private.

Cons

Some features offered on Android are not on iOS and vice versa. One of the biggest grips I have is that the pings for text messages to mainline and department lines don't present a notification on the iPhone. This can prove troublesome in an emergency, as I only see them when I open up the app and the department icon shows it.

Neha from Deloitte India (Offices of the US)

Good app for small business but a little glitch for large ones

Pros

It needs simple installation via chrome apps store with simple Google or Microsoft authentication. It will start working in couple of minutes. One can easily accept and move calls between my PC and mobile app seamlessly without any interruption. Audio quality is up to mark. It's easy to add contact, it email us as soon as we have a voice mail. Easy to answer when the clients call. Dial pad app seamlessly integrates with Chrome and Gmail, linking all contact data. It doubles as an instant messaging platform for quick messages sent between colleagues when an email would be unnecessary and cumbersome. Because it keeps everything in one place and tracks a lot of call data like date, time, length of call, who answered it, what call group it rang to, call transfers which it makes finding, tracking and reviewing information easier.

Cons

There are no emoticons, which makes it less competitive than Skype. There are some features missing like immediate forwards to a non Dial pad number. Also when the demand gets high there is no call waiting or even any alert letting them know there is another call coming inn which makes the software impartial.

Jim from Axiom Credibility Systems

Highly Recommended!

I'm a fan! Great system!

Pros

I love the integration with Gmail, the features and the month to month billing.

Cons

I would say that in the interface can be a little confusing at times.

Steven from Vegan and Animal Professionals Insurance Agency

End-all for hosted phone / fax

Overall, it's the most progressive VOIP option with the most current and cutting edge features. It's also less expensive than the competition. I won't switch to another provider for the forseeable future.

Pros

Dialpad is one of the newest VOIP providers and feels that way- their design and feature set always seem to be a couple steps ahead of their competition. They pushed the softphone-forward model from launch, making deskphones a less preferred option. They integrate messaging fairly well into the app, and include all their features at one pricing tier instead of nickel and diming for upgrades. The app is upgraded at least weekly with tweaks or new features.

Cons

The interface still needs a little work; it's hard to tell when new text messages come in and there's no way to filter/sort/search in an efficient manner. Same goes for voicemails. The internal contact directory is helpful but not able to be "managed" in terms of combining dupes or bulk editing.

Chris from Federal Employee Representatives, Inc.

Industry: Writing and Editing

meeting our needs

Overall, I love the product. The ability to create dept's to assist in monitoring other employees has been exceptionally useful. Whether during vacation times or transitioning of new employees, being able to see, field and maintain calls that may have otherwise sat in voicemail helps to keep us up to date with all of our clients.

Pros

While our needs our basically simple, reliable phone service, the ability to text, the ability to review and save phone transcripts, uberconference have all proven to be very useful to us. Dialpad everywhere is excellent. It is great to have access across all my devices.

Cons

Hard to say least about any of it. Adaptability with Amazon Alexa has proven difficult, but not overly important to us at this time. I still am not certain of the benefit of integrating MS Teams as opposed to running it separate and independent.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad Talk

Cost had a big impact as we were starting something new. The available features also helped in the decision. We have stayed because of overall reliability, excellent customer service and continuous updates and expansion of features

Carlos from Asegura Insurance Agency

Asegura's review

benefit is I can use anywhere

Pros

I like the price, the extras it inludes and the quick chat response

Cons

Setting up the desk phones i a nightmare, and also the fact that each line has to be linked to an email is hard to manage sometimes especially when you have employees that sometimes are in different offices. I would prefer the line be standalone, not linked to an individual per say

I believe price

Michael from M. Goldberg Law LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Dialpad is great

Dialpad is amazing and the integrations with other software make it the best VOIP system for my firm.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the calls drop when transferring from data to cellular on active calls.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad Talk

Dialpad worked better with other software that my firm usues.

Flashy, Expensive, Reliable

Because me and my colleagues often work on the road or from home, it is essential that clients have a single number to reach us no matter where we are. Dialpad offers that, but only as a single point of contact for the organization (although I could pay a bunch more and have extensions or separate numbers, as mentioned above). The reliability is great, ease of use is ok, functionality for the price is low.

Pros

The interface is sleek, albeit a bit difficult to navigate. Once you know where to look for the functionality you need, it's great. The other thing I'd mention is uptime/reliability--I've never encountered a problem in that regard.

Cons

The thing that I would LOVE to see from Dialpad is the ability to have at least some extensions (for departments or individuals) without paying for them. Other providers, e.g. Grasshopper, offer this functionality as standard, and it is super useful. Even if Dialpad charged a couple dollars per month per extension, that would be fine. But as of now that functionality is not offered at a reasonable price.

Eric from Rayonier

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Happy customer

We are a forestry company, and most of our workforce is mobile, out in the woods caring for the trees. That we can have one number that will reach them no matter where they are is HUGE for us. The fact that their techs can troubleshoot call issues and fix them (or tell us what we need to do) is also great. Dialpad also can be administered by anyone with a half hour of training or less, so we don't need a dedicated phone tech anymore.

Pros

The flexibility and features are night-and-day better than the phone system we replaced. Ability to have phone calls to the office phone ring on our mobiles when not in the office is a favorite, as is ability to block calls from unwanted numbers. We love being able to start a call on one device and in one click move it to another -- like taking a conference call on the desk phone, and when it runs over schedule, move it to my cell phone so I can walk away but stay on the call.

Cons

Porting numbers from out old phone system was the only trouble we had, and that's not really Dialpad's issue.

MARIA from MODERN MESSAGE

Best decision ever!

The main issue we were trying to solve was providing a software for our remote employees to use. Because this software can be used ANYWHERE it solved our problem right away.

Pros

The interface is so easy to use and can be used anywhere. You don't need the traditional Voip system you can download an app to your desktop or mobile device and use Dialpad that way. It has saved us a lot of money because we don't have to purchase expensive desk phone and instead provide quality headphones that really make the experience so much much better. The software itself is very user friendly and integrates with Zendesk which makes tickets so easy to organize. All in all, best decision for our company.

Cons

There's not a lot but if I had to pick one thing it's that they don't support 1800 numbers. Not a deal breaker for us.

Zach from Farmers Business Network

Industry: Farming

Works great for most things, but integrations...

Pros

Ease of use, maintenance, feature set, and integration capability sets Dialpad apart. The mobile app is great compared to most other providers as well.

Cons

The integration with Salesforce and Chrome needs some attention as it doesn't always work as desired.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad Talk

Text messages won the bid

Jeffrey D from JDKatz, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Innovative Phone System punches above it's weight class

Pros

Ease of use and low cost set this apart from competitors. We dumped Shoretel system in favor of this system. We have no upgrade costs, and the service runs seamlessly from the cloud. I would never buy another phone system again, and can't believe how much money we spent on our old system.

Cons

Customer Service experience is hit or miss. If you don't have enterprise software package you can't get phone support by phone. It's odd that a phone company wouldn't provide telephone support. Once the system is set up, you really don't need customer support, but for those rare instances where it's required, e-mail doesn't always do the trick. Frankly, if I am calling, it's because I couldn't sort out the issue on my own or by e-mail.

Don from Alavon365

The VOIP app that I recommend for any digital or remote business.

I am able to manage my business phone line from my cell phone and laptop without having to purchase any new divices or phone lines.

Pros

Integrates with my GSuite account so login is easy. The app works perfectly with making and receiving texts and calls. The app also transcribes and records calls and voicemails which helps out a lot. Has all the features that you would look for in this kind of app like different departments, voicemail setup, hold music and a desktop app for making calls from you computer. Call quality is top notch as well.

Cons

Hard to think of a con for this one other than maybe the price being just a few dollars higher than it could be. But no real complaint there as the value far exceeds it for most growing businesses.

I Love DialPad but they are going up in price....

DialPad overall is great if it fits your budget. The features are convenient for you and the client. (you will need to download a mobile app or forward calls to mobile devices for now. DialPad is easy to set up and use. I recommend doing this during the day or during the week. I needed help from support and they were not available evening hours during the week or weekend.

Pros

Originally I was in love with the price... (started with dialpad when they had a "free" plan). Recently started using dialpad again and still love it. My favorite feature is the ability to text clients. Many client use their mobile device and it is definitely convenient. Shared view of calls help tremendously. There is no need to ask a co-worker, did they speak to a client or has a client called. The ability to see that information is at your finger tips.

Cons

The cost. With each number and "extension" the cost goes up. I desired to have multiple extensions route to one phone for a limited time to save cost but sort the client's need. These charges it what drove me to begin to shop again for a new phone solution.

Erich from Santa Clara County Dental Society

Software Killed the Telephone Call

Overall, Dialpad has been a game changer for me. Call quality is great. The software allows me to work remotely in Arizona while the rest of my team is in San Jose, CA. The end user has no idea that I'm in Arizona... it's a seamless experience for them. When the office phone rings in San Jose, my app notifies me here in Arizona. It's great that I can continue to share the work of answering phone calls with my team no matter where we're located.

Pros

Dialpad offers a versatile calling platform with a rich feature set that covers all of a user's most common needs. Do you want to take calls through your computer? Done. Through your smartphone? No problem. Both? Yes, indeed.

Cons

Some team members simply can't or won't let go of the traditional desk phone. My team has had a very difficult time with this. Half the team uses the app with a headset/microphone combo. The other half insisted on using Polycom desk phones. Setting up the desk phones was a pain. After setup, there was still difficulty. Inbound calls always come through on the app, but 1 out of 3 calls don't come through on the desk phones.

Great phone system

I run two businesses, this allows me to cut the cost of my telephone service. I had three POTS lines for one business with 7 employees, now we have a DID for everyone plus the main number at half the cost. My other business is mobile so this works great. Highly recommend it.

Pros

The ability to work anywhere and still keep in touch with my clients. This works with regular VOIP phones or apps for Windows, Android and iOS. They all work seamlessly, I start a call on one device and can switch it and the client is completely unaware. Let's me record calls and gives me transcripts of calls and analytics.

Cons

I can't think of any flaws with this phone system. I've had great luck, been with them since they changed the name from Switch.co

Geoff from Falcon Enclosure Consulting

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Integration across devices

Overall, there are some quirks that you need to get used to or have a bit of a workaround for. Overall, it has been a good experience and call quality has been good. There was an initial lag when I first started using the system, but it has gotten much better.

Pros

It is easy to operate across multiple devices. With texting now being so prominent, it is great to be able to use it on the computer like instant messenger and also have those messages available on your phone as well.

Cons

Some issues in coordination between apps on the phone such as dialing into conference calls from calendar invites. Sometimes it won't accept the calls through dialpad, or it won't transfer the dial-in code to be used in dialpad. The other issue is with the main line that gets forwarded to operators. It does not show the caller id for the caller, just the number for the main line. Finally, it can be a little confusing on the phone because it connects through the carrier and shows a completely different outgoing number on the screen for New York of Florida most of the the time.

Good, solid phone system management tool

Dialpad has allowed our business to not have to be tied to a physical phone system.

Pros

Pretty easy to use and VOIP in general is great b/c it allows us to be very mobile with our business.

Cons

It's a pretty big pain that when we receive the email notification for voicemails, the system doesn't show the contact's name, just the phone number - even if the contact is saved in the system. So, like, I have no idea who the voicemail is from - it just shows me a number - I don't know if it's urgent or I need to ignore from the notice itself and if I'm on the run, it's a major pain to have to go back into dialpad or to have to listen to the voicemail right then. I'd like this feature fixed ASAP b/c it's a major drag.

Amber from Civil Engineering

Cheaper than most, but you get what you pay for..

I feel like the cons outweigh the pros at this point. We have had the system for 9 months and I am ready to go back to regular desk phones and a local phone/internet company.

Pros

I love the features and they are easy to change and update. Being able to get rid of desk phones and give every employee their own direct line number is great ( for the employees who need one) Transferring calls is easy and I like the feature that it asks you if you would like to "ask" the person if they want to take the call or not. I love that it keeps track of phone calls, times, and send monthly reports regarding all calls ( dropped calls, missed, minutes used etc.) Being able to easily transfer calls to an employees cell phone is useful.

Cons

It starts to get a little pricey the most employees you have. The "Fees" attached to the price are outrageous! These fees are described as : "Federal Universal Service Fund" , "Federal Regulatory Assessment Fee", "State and Local taxes" , and "Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery" ( the compliance and administrative cost recover is the highest fee and I have no idea what it means or what it is for). I know we have to pay taxes, but when we had our old phone system ( through a local utility company) we didn't pay these fee's? Using Dialpad has tripled our office phone cost, and that's before you buy the needed headsets for use. You have to add each and every employee that ever needs to use the phone and there is a monthly cost added to your bill ( cost plus fees), I have 3 employees who rarely ever use the phone for work, and I have had to add them as full users. There is no way to have a "main" phone or line that multiple employees can use to make or receive calls. It is not cost effective because I have had to add those three employees to the system, just so they can make a few phone calls per year. There is a very big delay when you have calls forwarded to your cell phone. When we chose Dialpad we chose it because of the features and price, the price looks good at first, but as you add employees and all the fee's it's extremely high. Above and beyond any of these things, the customer service is very lacking. It is the worst customer service I have ever received from anyone. You cannot make a call to customer service, you can only use email. The "help" or response is not automatic, so if you are experiencing issues with the system ( which happens more than I think is acceptable for a business phone system) you have to wait sometimes 1-2 days to get a response or help. They did offer to "upgrade" us to a premier account, which just costs even more money. If you have a premier account you can have a phone number to call and actually speak with someone in customer service. We have had many issues with dropped calls, callers not being able to hear us, fuzziness in calls etc. These things are no big deal if they happen rarely, but they are fairly regular. When customer service does get back to you, they are incredibly rude and not very helpful, and it's usually 3-4 back and forth emails before a resolution is given or the issue is fixed.

Jeffrey from SYNCrew

Not all UCaaS is created equal

I am easily able to track activities like text and call time plus other great team analytics. Easy to use and reasonably priced.

Pros

From a design perspective Dialpad is very delightful. I really appreciate the user interface and the smoothness of the functions. I really like the integrations to Salesforce and Linkedin and of course G Suite. In fact the power of web RTC as the underlying architecture makes for a much more stable and usable product than many I have tried to utilize before.

Cons

Because of Web RTC, if something goes down on the Google side, this can affect Dialpad's uptime. Thankfully, this only happens very infrequently.

Mike from Wednesday Journal Inc.

Industry: Newspapers

Dialpad is the best phone system I've ever used

My overall experience with Dialpad has been great. Great service, great price, great support. I would recommend staying away from their desk phones as much as possible, but using the app has helped move our legacy organization into the 21st century.

Pros

Dialpad is fantastic. Their software works on every device I can think of and they have plans starting a free to try their service on a single number through running an entire call center and everything in between. As your organization scales Dialpad scales within the same application and just works great.

Cons

Honestly, there is almost nothing I don't like about the service. I find it annoying that to get the best pricing you need to pay annually. I would prefer to sign a longer term agreement and pay monthly but I guess the higher pricing is the trade off for that flexibility.

Joshua from Padua Franciscan High School

This is the way all phone systems should operate!

When I began this job, we were using a fairly standard office phone system. Between the clumsy dial-to-change menu system and the fact that many options couldn't even be changed by the end user, it was a frustrating experience. When the thing started to malfunction and nobody at the phone company or the equipment vendor could locate the problem, we decided to switch. Enter Dialpad. It just works. Everything is app driven and simple to use. The graphical interfaces make day to day usage (and also weird one-offs like looking at call analytics) a snap. I really can't recommend Dialpad enough.

Pros

My phone goes with me wherever I am. Easy and efficient call routing via the smartphone and desktop apps. This is a vastly better solution than a traditional phone system.

Cons

The deskphone (which we don't use all that often) does not give an option to transfer directly to another caller's voicemail.

Freedom from hardware!

Our "phone system", i should say, "solution" is orders of magnitude cheaper, easier to support, and easier to expand.

Pros

I like that we kissed, well, without mentioning names, we kissed goodbye to hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of "top of the line" physical equipment and replaced it with a simple "byod" solution... and our organization couldn't be happier with the switch!

Cons

It's been awhile now, and I've forgotten most of it so it couldn't have been too severe, but there were some quirks with how different kinds of lines were priced out. if it's still the same, they could use some extra clarity there.

Daniel Mario from SYNCrew

Dialpad

Overall positive, but I think they need to do some improvements on the app and general reliability.

Pros

Good for using as your business phone as you can move between app and desktop, do out of office, voicemail and auto attendant, etc

Cons

The app doesn't sync very well with with the desktop. I still see old messages and calls as unread on the app even after manually refreshing. Sometimes the system goes down as it has a couple of times this year, leaving us with no calls for a little while. Also, importing contacts is clunky, you ned to send files to their support team, there should be automated tools to do this.

Marc from RESULTS.com

Dialpad drives RESULTS

RESULTS.com is a rapidly scaling SaaS company so speed and the number of calls we make per hour ultimately allows us to drive results.

Pros

We love how it interfaces with Salesforce. It seamlessly records every call directly into the Salesforce record, as well display the Salesforce contact or lead name while dialing. Great VOIP quality and thewy have foreign coverage, we use Dialpad in North America, New Zealand and Australia.

Cons

The dial pad panel should come up automatically once the call is connected to reduce keystrokes. Many systems you hit state dial 1 or 2, etc and you have to click into the numeric pad

Brett from Brett

Industry: Publishing

Great Service

The Dialpad support team has always been very helpful and responsive. It is really nice to have a reasonably priced phone system that is very simple to use and robust.

Pros

Dialpad works great across all devices. I especially like the ability to answer a call on a desk phone and be able to seamlessly transfer the call to my cell phone. Also, all devices have the ability to place a call on hold, transfer a call, and adding another caller.

Cons

In the past, there have been some issues with hold music playing in the background of transferred calls and Dialpad apps being sluggish. However, the support team

Great but not spectacular

Serves the need that I purchased it to solve, but not a lot of delightful moments.

Pros

I like that it syncs contacts with Salesforce and LinkedIn. I like that it links up to my phone. I like the new text transcriber.

Cons

It is not always consistent or reliable about logging outreach efforts back to Salesforce so you have to do dual entry and it's not clear why. It also doesn't log text messages or what was said in the texts. It doesn't tell me who is calling when it rings through my phone. The text transcriber is pretty inaccurate. I don't like that I can't use emojis on the desktop app.

Erik from Hilltop Financial Advisors

Great value/features, and always trying to improve

The AI transcript service still leaves a lot to be desired and has a lot of inaccuracies, but if they can get it to work better, it will definitely be a great value add.

Pros

You get a lot for your money. Dialpad also finds ways to improve their product, like adding their AI system for transcripts (though the quality is still a little lacking on that), and is constantly posting updates. I also like how it connects to my laptop and my phone seamlessly.

Cons

It might just be me and my phone, but it seems to create multiple contacts for the same person when I input contacts into my phone via my google account. I type a person's name, and that person shows up 2 or 3 times with the same number, even if I've only saved their contact info once.

Dialpad Review

Our company is mostly satisfied (on the good days). But since we have 200 users we would expect it to be working more efficiently. To many issues per user. For some companies a missed phone call can be a real disaster.

Pros

Easy to use. Has company directory. Connected to gmail. A lot of companies related to our business use it. Best PRO is option to use messages.

Cons

Sound compared to other softwares,. Compared to Skype# it is much more quiet, sound sometimes it not clear, a lot of lag occasionally. Not seeing missed calls pop up. Freezing all the time. Sometimes unable to make phone calls.

Dialpad has been an awesome alternative to setting up an old fashion phone system in our office.

Pros

Whether you run a company, work with a small team out of co-working spaces, or simply work from home - most of the time you want to have a separate phone number for work. Dialpad is an awesome solution, I think it comes at a fair price and is a super easy way of getting a work phone number and using it from anywhere, on your phone, computer or tablet. The website and the app are super easy to navigate and the calls have been great (given you have good signal or WiFi connection). One of the best features is the weekly call summary you receive via email as well as emails when you have a new voicemail.

Cons

Unfortunately we have had a few times where the app crashed or the call wouldn't go through, but hopefully that can be resolved with new software updates. This happened so infrequently though so it's not a big problem.

Damon from Joyful Ever After

Top-Tier Features, Professional, Convenient

Very happy and impressed with my Dialpad number as a front-line, first-contact experience of my company. I trust the flow of inquiries, business opportunities, and overall impression to Dialpad.

Pros

The virtual phone number allows me to move the flow of phone calls away from my cell phone and exclusively through the business number. The recordings, transcripts, and routing features are top notch. Love making and receiving phone calls right from my computer since I am there most work days, or from my phone app when I am on the road.

Cons

There are more features than I can or will use, but I do see them valuable as my staff grows. It took me a while to figure out why I have two phone numbers, but I've found ways to make them both work for me until the organization grows.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad Talk

We are a new business and I made the decision to invest in a long-term, professional solution to handle voice calls and texts. There are definitely cheaper solutions out there - and more expensive ones - but Dialpad hits the sweet spot of feature rich, trustworthy service priced at a good value. The cheaper solutions would have put me in an awkward spot sooner or later.

Jen from goBE Realty

Dialpad Review

Pros

I love that our company was able to get rid of our desk phones and the money associated fees. Dialpad has allowed our company to be more mobile and integrated at the same time. dialpad is easy to use, easy to transfer calls, easy to do 3-way calls, and text.

Cons

We periodically need to restart the software or log back in if we need to update our phones to the latest software. When you can't remember your password or login info, that makes it slightly difficult. Not a software issue but nonetheless, keep your login info handy. Another drawback is if you have two numbers, a work number and a personal phone number, you cannot transfer calls via dialpad if a work call comes in on your personal number. I work in real-estate so maybe that's an industry specific issue. Again, not really a software issue.

Kate from Property Protect

Dialpad has made our business ops run without a hitch!

Great experience. We've never had any down time or major glitches. The value is great for what you pay. We appreciate the pricing as we are a smaller company.

Pros

Easy to set up. Established a business phone #, a conference call # and voicemail in a matter of minutes. I love that you can text from the web app. Dialpad has changed the way we communicate with customers.

Cons

We had a slight glitch when we set up the 2nd department's voicemail. We didn't even know that dept could have it's own voicemail so we are grateful for the feature.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad Talk

Ring Central seems so complex, they wanted to up sell us on everything and mentioned "hardware" why would I use hardware in 2020, ha!