• Pros

• "This software is very easy to implement and use. I would definitely recommend it with high honors!!!"

• "I love being able to answer the phone anywhere with the app. Jive has fabulous features and great sound quality. I have a had great experiences with customer service!"

• "I love the fact that I have the option of changing items within the system. So easy to use! I can change my specials very easily."

• Cons

• "Though the available mobile app is handy and arguably the most utilized feature we use, it often kicks us out without notice and forces us to login over and over. "

• "-Interface is a touch slow sometimes -Works so well on mobile that sometimes it's hard to unplug from work"

• "The only negative I can think of is that we have to rely on the local internet Company. Everything else has been great with the phone system"

Browse GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews

Susan M from Jackson Hewitt Tax Services

Never Missing A Call

Our overall experience with Jive Voice has been an outstanding one. We are a seasonal business and with our prior provider it was a big hassle to turn off lines in the off season. With Jive it was as simple as 1, 2, 3,. We now have a general voicemail box and each desk has its own voicemail box. If one office is extremely busy we can route the calls to another office without having to add another employee which allows us to have better control over our payroll. With Jive you have hold music options without paying for an extra service. Also with Jive we have the ability to answer calls from our cell phones without our private numbers appearing (the customer thinks you are answering from the office). Last but not least Jive's customer service and support team is outstanding. If you have a question or technical issue they are quick to respond and with the response they not only correct the issue they teach you at the same time on how to correct the issue in the future should the problem arise again.

Pros

Our Company has been using Jive Voice for 2 years now and everyday we learn something new about the system that has helped to make our customer service more effective. This year we started using Jive's Mobile feature. The mobile feature allows us to never miss a call. With this feature you have total control. you can set for do not disturb, or choose to have instant notifications. The best feature is that when I call back from my cell phone caller ID shows the business number instead of my cell number. I can also send a text message from my phone again not revealing my actual cell number. I no longer need two separate phones.

Cons

The only thing I like least about this software is that I have not had the time to explore all of the wonderful options available to our company. I am sure I could request to have a representative come out and explain more in depth about the system. Jive also has great tutorial videos available.

Michael from Post Hill Press

Industry: Publishing

Excellent VOIP Service!

I did a lot of comparison shopping when selecting a VOIP provider for my business. There are a number of reputable companies out there and they all offer similar features. Jive edged out the competition in pricing, and since the feature set they offered was equally as robust as the competitors, I went with them and have not been disappointed. Our needs are basic, but it's really nice to know that as our needs expand, the infrastructure at Jive will easily accommodate our most detailed needs.

Pros

When our company moved away from a larger parent company, we had to find our own phone solution. We have offices spread across the country, so rather than use a cable-TV bundle or something similar, I knew a feature-filled VOIP service was a must. While others offer similar features, I needed a company that I could count on to hold my hand through the technical end of the setup because we are too small for our own IT department. Jive excelled in this area. Their excellent USA-based tech support helped get me up and running in no time flat. The transition from our old parent company's service to the new one we set up ourselves through Jive was seamless. If I had to choose one thing I liked most about my experience with Jive Voice, it is their technical support! Their service in both areas (support and actual uptime) has never let us down.

Cons

I suppose you could say I'm tech "savvy", but I'm not an engineer. For someone like myself who had never set up a VOIP system before, it was a bit intimidating to sift through the online guides to figure out what gear we needed, how it should be configured, and that sort of thing. While much of this documentation did exist on their web site, a beginner's tutorial that was more comprehensive would have been appreciated. Nevertheless, as mentioned elsewhere in this review, their call-in technical support was extremely helpful in answering my newbie questions at all hours of the night. If I had any criticism at all, it might be that I would have liked a bit more thorough online documentation for a beginner. Something like a "setup wizard" might have been helpful, but calling their support line (even at 11pm in the evening) got me exactly what I needed, so I really have no serious complaints.

Reasons for Choosing GoToConnect (formerly Jive)

Pricing plus features edged out Jive over the competition. And once I contacted their sales support, I was sold thanks to their excellent US-based technical support - even in the late hours of the evening.

Melissa from Urban Green Council

Industry: Environmental Services

Reliable softphone app

I would recommend GoToConnect as a reliable soft phone app. I have not had any issues with using the applications.

Pros

GoToConnect has been super helpful since I have been away from my office phone for months. The app is easy to use over WiFi. I use the app on both my laptop and phone and they are both reliable for answer calls and checking voicemails.

Cons

I wish that the do not disturb settings had more options instead of simply on/off. If I am on vacation for an extended period I will turn off notifications on my phone; but it would be helpful to set the notifications based on time of day. I frequently receive calls outside of office hours and wish that it did not disrupt me when I am using my phone for personal use.

It works, but not well, and it has such great potential.

Jive allows us to have multiple company phone numbers and extensions without the need for landlines or phones. It allows employees to receive work calls on their personal cell phone, so they don't have to carry two phones to have a company number. Employees can make outgoing calls through the app without revealing their personal number to the recipient. The admin portal is pretty straightforward and easy to use, but also has tons of features. Overall, this product would be amazing if the app were faster and didn't crash all the time, and if calls made through the app were more reliable.

Pros

It's cheap. This provided a cost saving solution to our communications needs. It also allows us to assign phone numbers to employees' personal cell phones without using their personal data or phone usage. It can be used with or without landlines. Phone numbers and ring plans are easy to set up, and multiple phones can be rung at the same number.

Cons

The app is slow and takes a long time to switch screens and load data. It crashes often, and nearly always experiences some type of error that requires me to wait for the app to respond or close the app. The crashes don't affect phone calls, but seem to only affect my ability to access data such as recent calls, contacts, etc. Even when it crashes, I still receive calls. Sometimes calls made or received through the app cut out like there is bad cell service, even when I'm connected to reliable, high speed wi-fi (50mbps). Because of this, I've chosen to switch my ring plan to have calls forwarded to my cell phone number, rather than receiving them on my cell phone through the Jive app. I have unlimited minutes, so it's not an issue. I only have to open the app to make an outgoing call, and only when I need the company number to appear on the recipient's caller ID rather than my personal number.

Scott from Royal Class Service

Current Jive User

We feel as though we have made a great move by switching over to Jive. We would definitely do it again if we had to do it over.

Pros

The software has MUCH better quality than our past software. The clarity and connection is much crisper and cleaner and the the down time is almost none. We are very happy with our change over to Jive. The on-boarding support team was very good too.

Cons

There is not much we do not like about this software. Everything has been great since we took on Jive. The only thing we can possibly point out is the on-boarding support team was good but it did take us a while to port all of our numbers over.

Price and ease

Terrible Customer Service

Initially it wasn't bad. But when I needed help with the support they started to show their true colors. From their customer services reps, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to their terrible app that doesn't allow for incoming calls we will be looking for a new phone system now that our employees are WFH.

Pros

Was fairly basic but when you have issues you're essentially on your own.

Cons

Customer service was absolutely dreadful. If you're starting to WFH, this is not the solution for you. I spoke to a representative called, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He was less than helpful to the point he ended my chat and wouldn't communicate with me further. Needless to say, we will cancel our account immediately.

Reasons for Choosing GoToConnect (formerly Jive)

Our telecom rep recommended them. Will be switching to RingCentral and a new telecom rep

Taylor from CWHC

Should Have Switched A LONG Time Ago

100% amazing

Pros

I cannot say this enough - by switching to Jive we are saving THOUSANDS a year. Not only are we saving an enormous amount of money, we have brand new phones and features we never thought were possible. It's like our practice finally moved up in to the 21st century.

Cons

The online portal was a little confusing when we first started. We had to have our IT team set it up for us.

Travis from Griswold & Griswold Insurance Agency

Buggy software with horrible support

Overall experience with Jive has been horrible. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemies.

Pros

GoToMeeting is bundled with the software, and it actually works as intended. That's the only positive thing I have to say about Jive

Cons

Everything. The desktop app UI was buggy. Audio was frequently missing on one or both sides of the call. Audio quality itself was hit or miss. We were told we had a 30 day money back guarantee, and Jive is still fighting to keep us in a contract. One of their representatives told our MSP that if Jive let everyone who had issues with the software cancel their contract they wouldn't have any customers. Instead of fixing the issues like any reasonable company they opt to try strong arming you into paying for a terrible product. The "money back guarantee" isn't so much a guarantee as it is a "we'll give you your money back if we feel like it, which we probably won't" clause.

Amber from Diamond Rose Shears/Musashi Shears

The Customer Service Is Outstanding!

It has been amazing! Again, we have never had any of the issues with dropped calls or static on the line that we have had with other VOIP companies.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is it doesn't malfunction or break! We have been with other VOIP companies and have experienced dropped calls, static, silence, etc as the norm. But not with Jive! I have never had a dropped call or an issue with static. The only time I have ever had to call in to tech support was when I needed help setting something up. My wait time to speak with someone has always been less than 3 minutes, each tech support agent is equally knowledgeable and if I couldn't figure out how to do what they were suggesting, they would log on to my computer and show me how to do it. I love this company!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. I have never had any issues and Jive makes my life easier as I don't have to deal with phone issues. If the phones are down, it is a major issue for our company.

Rex from Inspire Business Solutions

Best VoIP!

Great! Best VoIP solution on the market! integration with their video conferencing solution is currently free. They are always upgrading and imporving. Full of features to meet the growing small business.

Pros

Full of features of a full PBX system. call parking, and auto answer are great features. Also the call routing. wide range of options. Large selection of harware and phone options. Great for any size business. We are not a very big company but as we grow so does our phone usage and Jive can expand easily to more extensions, etc. Jive mobile app is included free, and you can have calls forwarded to your cell phone.

Cons

No real cons. Could have more walk through setup wizards that could setup things for you. It can get confusing when you have a large system and need to make changes.

Amber from Fox Pest Control

Great Software in the Making

It's been great. The company seems to be on top of things and they're definitely innovating and taking all the right steps to become one of the leading (well, they already are) communications services available!

Pros

Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Calls are clear (as long as you have enough bandwidth to ensure the packets are getting to their destination properly) and it has various options for being able to log in and use your ext/line (ie. web, mobile, VOIP). Customer service is very good. That's honestly one of the reasons I rated it so high. If there's ever an issue their support staff is knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I've never had to wait more than 3-5 minutes for my call to be answered. If the issue is out of their experience, they move it up to another tier until it gets resolved. They follow up until everything is completely taken care of.

Cons

The mobile app is still finicky at times. Quality has improved a lot over the past several months (and years) and it cuts out the call randomly, but it's not near as bad as it was. Jive also doesn't have a super comprehensive reporting system. Don't get me wrong, it has good reports that are easy to view, but we are needing some more details for our call-tracking and it's difficult to decipher and re-build what reports we have access to in order to get what we need. We have to ask for a separately-emailed list from one our contacts which I feel could get annoying for the agent to have to continue to do that each time we need one. Not very basic issues, but still some things I would like to see. They continue to improve though and take your feedback seriously so I can see them improving some of these functions in the near future.

Joel from New Beginnings Church

Industry: Philanthropy

Using Jive Communications PBX as a small business Solution

Our church was on the lookout for a PBX solution. One of the challenges we found was that many of our staff were out in the field so often there would be no one to answer the church phone. The other challenge we faced is we did not want to be paying a huge monthly fee because we work with a lot of low-income people and did not have a lot of money to spend on a solution. After talking with a person from Software Advice we were given two options to follow up on. We ended up choosing Jive PBX because they offered incredible service, great tools at a very reasonable price. Our current setup now is that when people call the church and no one answers, they hear from an automated attendant offering to connect them to the right person. The call then gets forwarded to the persons mobile phone. The great thing about Jive is they charge per physical device connected to their system and not per virtual extension. This means that at the moment we only pay for one Jive phone line. However, we can forward calls to as many non-jive mobile phones as we want without an additional cost. They are also very flexible allowing you to add or remove devices depending on your needs. Therefore when summer comes and we hire more staff we plan on adding more jive phone lines. When the summer is over we can cancel the additional lines. In terms of quality, their voice quality is excellent. I was concerned that the VOIP quality might not be as good considering the home VOIP services I have tried in the past. Because of these concerns I took a few months to try out the VOIP quality with our staff and clients. We also tested the automated attendant at the same time. The staff have been very impressed with how well it works both in terms of quality and ease of use. This is why we are going ahead with the Jive deployment. Their customer service is amazing. There have been a few minor issues that we encountered but they were very good about sorting it out. One issue involved a delay in receiving our phones from them. However, after I called them, they acknowledged the error on their part and did an express delivery at no additional charge to us. Another issue had to do with billing. We had an issue where we were being charged for two lines but we only wanted one. They were good about sorting out and refunding the additional line. The issue turned out to be due to our initial quote asking for two phone lines and ordering two phones they assumed we wanted the two phone lines right away. However, I had asked for a second quote with only one phone line, knowing that in the summer we would go to two lines. This is why I ordered the second phone even though we didn't plan on using it. All of us would prefer that everything go smoothly with a deployment. However, I am very happy to know that if something doesn't go right, that Jive team has an amazing support setup to get things sorted out. They have great user interface for setting up PBX solutions. It is a drag and drop interface that anyone can use. I was very impressed by how simple it was to set up and route calls. They also have great training to help you get started. Overall, I would highly recommend Jive Communication PBX. We have used them in the small business case but I can see that they could scale well for large organisations. We are very happy Jive Communication clients.

Pros

* Very reasonable cost. * Great Customer Service * Free virtual extensions (forwarding to mobile phones) * Easy to use web interface. * Good voice quality

Cons

* Some issues with billing (but they got that sorted out) * Fax service is not as easy to use. * Slower delivery with phones (but that was due to a glitch in their system)

Cina from TMA, Inc.

Jive - highly recommended!

We have been Jive customers for more than 3 years now. I am not always accepting of changes, so I was not very happy when I had to learn how to use the new phone--but boy am I glad now that my boss made the decision to switch to Jive's VoIP phone system solution. We have different phones, but the one I like the most is the one that works just like my cell--it has a touch screen and it is so easy to use.

Pros

Jive is very customizable! You can make changes on the fly; you can access the system on your desk phone, your cell phone or even your computer. I like how you can go into the portal and change the dial plan, close the office and temporarily forward phone calls to another line or office, then revert it back to normal--all with relative ease. I also like how you get so many features that are included -- they don't nickel and dime for each thing! One more thing I like is the presence monitoring on the phones, I can see on my phone screen if one of my coworkers is on a call so I know if I should transfer the caller or just send them to voice mail.

Cons

Faxing is limited to 5 pages or less. However, now that I think about that, I hardly get any faxes anymore because people simply send me PDFs instead.

Stephan from Ottonomous LLC

Jive has been a great add to my business. Does what I need, how I need it, at a reasonable price.

Pros

I like that Jive is completely customizable and intuitive, and we can alter and edit our call routing and auto-attendant services, etc. ourselves, without needing to get customer support involved. That's awesome. I looked around at a slew of providers and went with Jive. I've been very happy with the decision. Jive does everything that I need, and does it well. And they don't nickle & dime you on features -- their standard pricing includes a lot for the money. I've also been very impressed with the sound quality too. Their up-time has been stellar as well. I also like how responsive their support is too. On the very few occasions that I've had a question or needed to know how do something, they've been readily available.

Cons

Surprisingly, nothing quickly jumps to mind. Virtually the only minor thing that I could see Jive altering, is to perhaps include some other options for the storage of recordings. Right now, recording capabilities require linkage with an Amazon AWS account. It would be nice to have some additional options, like perhaps within Jive itself, or on Google Drive, locally stored, etc.

Russell from The Miller Family Companies

Telecommunications Done Right, Even in the Worst of Situations

During the recent fires in Southern California, our offices were forced to evacuate for nearly a week. With the Jive service, we were able to continue to work from where-ever we were, even when evacuated as well from our own homes. We did not have to be concerned that we would lose that connection even if our offices were destroyed (fortunately not), as everything was controlled offsite by Jive. We have been with Jive for the last 6 years as they have grown, and we could not be happier.

Pros

The Integration with all of our devices (cell phones, desktop computers, web browsers, and of course desk telephones) for seamless usage in and out of the office, meaning we are never out of touch with our customers and each other. Complete control of how calls are routed to meet our needs through a simple interface, one that makes it easy to understand how those calls will be routed. Feature rich services without charges for things that go above and beyond what you would expect, such as the free in-house conference calling.

Cons

My only complaint is the inability to set a distinct ringtone for calls coming in from the Jive mobile apps so that I know when a call is coming from "my desk" or direct to my cell phone.

Matthewq from Stamford Probate Court

Chief Clerk

We are managing individual productivity better with the monitoring capabilities Jive offers and the reassurance and reliability of record keeping and management of incoming and outgoing calls has been a terrific safety net with customers. Customer service/tech support is perhaps the absolute best feature of the service. The technicians are outstanding, knowledgeable, friendly and professional and always aware of the pressure on our end to resolve issues quickly and effectively. And the follow up is truly exceptional, I have never, ever experienced this level of support from any company. In this regard the company is truly outstanding. I recommend Jive to my business colleagues and wholeheartedly endorse the service and software. To say it makes my job responsibilities more effective and more pleasant would be a gross understatement. I would give Jive my highest recommendation of any vendor we deal with.

Pros

It has features which are very useful. 1. Monitoring individual user time and calls 2. Complete lists of incoming and outgoing calls to particular numbers 3. The easy ability to change the ring group from the receptionist to all users 4. Regular service updates on service issues

Cons

Nothing. It is exactly what we need and want

David from Executive Financial Group, Inc.

Client review

I can't think of a company I have used in the past decade on my phone service that has been as responsive as Jive. They are not perfect and stuff happens, but they will double their efforts to make sure it is corrected and they will follow up with you so you are not left in the dark. As far as just asking for directions on the setup and using the interface for daily login info, it is quite easy. They are an outstanding company for service, support and product, what a great combination.

Pros

I have been with the service prior to Jive buying out the previous company. I can tell you the improvements to software and interface has been upgraded to a very high level, you can see the flow on setting call sequences and ring groups. I have need help on items and even a recent phone purchase and porting over a number. Let me tell you this team is great, I had them provision the new phone and set up the new number and ship the new phone to me. The phone cost was a couple dollars higher than buying on Amazon. I would pay them that amount everyday and more. They are outstanding in service and support, they emailed me multiple times on updates, directed me to different departments for sales and service. I do not see myself with any other company that has treated my very small business with such support. The will walk you thru the software and you will see how intuitive it is. They in my personal opinion are the best.

Cons

There is a lot you can do and the down side is if you do not use it everyday, as when your are setup thing just run. So, when you do need to add or change something it is a learning curve as I only need to address the software once or twice a year. I am discussing the setup software, the actual login user interface is quite easy to use, I do use that more often and it make life simpler.

5yrs and still satisified

substantial cost savings year over year with fully administrative capability. If you want to perform much of the admin yourself (I do!) the incredibly robust capabilities make it possible to create a system that rivals far more expensive large scale corporate phone solutions.

Pros

feature rich for an exceptionally affordable service. allows a SMB to leverage capabilities that simulate larger scale company profiles. Positive interaction with reps and developers allows for valued evolution of the product to maintain pace with industry advancements. For a telecom background admin, the platform provides robust capabilities but rabbit holes are also a danger! Cloud provisioning allows easy admin from any location. Formerly week basic reporting just recently enhanced (in beta) and looking very promising. Improved mobile app allows for reliable out of office experience call management.

Cons

proprietary platform requires that some features are deployed using building blocks rather than one touch provisioning for some basic needs. That is as negative as it gets.

Jive Telephone System

Overall, we had a very easy transition from our previous telephones to Jive. We had our old system forwarded to our Jive phones for about a month, before our telephone numbers were actually ported over. I think in this time, we were able to work out all the kinks, so once our numbers were ported over there were no issues. I would recommend the Jive system to anyone that is considering changing their phone service.

Pros

The Jive system is a user friendly platform. I really like the fact that we have access to all of our information, without having to contact customer support. I like that we can upload a file for our hold music & can change it whenever we want to. I really like the auto attendant & how easy it is to change things. Once I got familiar with the system, I feel very comfortable updating anything that is needed, but if I can't figure it out, I know I can contact customer service & they are great!

Cons

I think that it took a while to get our phone numbers ported over & at first our temporary numbers weren't "spoofed" so on our caller id, it was some odd telephone number without our company name. There was a few items setting up our system that was kind of frustrating but, once we were connected to the right person, it was an easy process. Most of the issues were more getting things worked out the first few weeks that we had the Jive telephone system. There was a different group of customer service people that we dealt with during that process, I feel that some of those people weren't as knowledgeable as the regular customer service employees. Again, once the few kinks were worked out, we've had no issues. It was more getting hooked up with the right person that could fix the specific issue that we were having.

Logan from Home Base

Jive

I really like them. Being on the IT side they are always very helpful and have assisted me in solving issues (or just done it themselves). The reliability was shaky at first but we have had the service go down in months and months vs Ringcentral where it would go down a few times a month even if only for a few minutes. The admin side PBX takes some getting use to, but once you do its a breeze to set up new users and change features, but when you are learning something new, make sure you take note of all the steps needed to set things up, because you might forget the next time. Though this might be more my fault as this is my first time working with phones in depth. Though they need some improvement on the web/app side vs RC. They are far superior in ease of use and reliability.

Pros

The customer service is great and I always get help when I call in which is a lot. Everything is very easy to setup for new users.

Cons

Jive Web isnt great. There are (or were) a lot of bugs with it. We have some users who show they have messages or vms when they dont. I have contacted support about it and they have been very helpful but havent really found a fix. The texting option was in beta but isnt anymore? (not sure) so it works fine for the most part but acts strange sometimes and will stop working. I guess reporting is in beta as well and that is difficult to understand though this is in the PBX admin side vs Jive Web.

Jessica from Little Pearls Dentistry for Kids

Great Software for VOIP

Overall, Jive is one of the best VOIPs out there. The issues are minimal and you get great customer service, plus the Jive website is so easy to use.

Pros

I love the ease of customizing settings on the website. I manage the schedule daily and can make changes to the ring groups or different phone lines easily. If I do have a question, I am usually able to get ahold of someone at Jive rather quickly and they can make the changes for me but also walk me through how to do it for next time. The support team at Jive is very responsive.

Cons

My main point of contention is that Jive doesn't keep logs of when there are issues with the phones. For example, we had someone call about 6 times after hours on a Friday, which we didn't find out about til we returned to the office Monday, and the techs couldn't help us figure out what the issue was or why the calls kept getting rerouted back to the main line instead of going to the after hours emergency line. The tech said it is best to call right after the incident happens, which would have been impossible for us since it was after hours!

Ann from Open Arms Counseling, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

The best business decision I ever made

The one thing I don't have to worry about in my office is the phone service. The phones are there and the call flow helps my business run smoothly.

Pros

This software is easy to use even for a novice like me. This system is able to grow with my company and I can make the necessary adjustments myself with ease. If I do ever run into a situation that I have trouble with (all centered around my being close to a Luddite) the customer service department is quick to contact and ready to help. They have been understanding and helpful and supportive all the way. I can't say enough about how great this service is.

Cons

Sometimes the time on the phone changes to the wrong time. I don't know if that is something I am doing on my end or a glitch in the phones. If it ever bothers me I call and the tech department can fix it for me. They tend to change again later though.

David from Rothschild Capital Partners

Jive is a VOIP service provider. Solid user interface and stellar customer support.

It runs our telephony infrastructure.

Pros

Jive is a VOIP service provider that provides a very elegant and easy to navigate user interface for small to medium sized business voice services. But VOIP implementation is complex, what is most notable is both the response time and the quality of knowledge in the customer support team. They should be on a competitive short list, but should probably be picked over their competition because of their support staff.

Cons

I only have any minor quibbles with the software, but first it is important to note there are significant complexities to implementing VOIP over data networks. While jive's voice services can operate over a wide variety of network configurations, it is very important to make sure the network infrastructure can support the prioritization of Jive voice services on the network or the jive voice traffic is segregated to a router and switch configuration that is optimized for VOIP. One minor note is the iOS VOIP app doesn't relay full caller id information and does not send an alert when it is disconnected. The UI on the app needs a little polish as well, but perfectly fine for most users.

Paula from Holland Historical Trust/ Holland Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Great service at a great price

Our old system did not allow for direct calls to each person and so calls were answered by a receptionist. It is nice to have a personal number to give out and to know people can call you directly. it presented a more professional business setting. The old system also sounded horrible, with crackling noises all through the calls, Jive voice is like a smooth cup of Joe!

Pros

I can control the system from my computer. It is easy to change messages and dial plans. When I get stuck, the service reps are the best. Very knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant to talk with. They understand your problems no matter how you explain it and they treat you like a VIP. There are so many features and I know we don't use them all!

Cons

It is hard to find something, but if I have to I guess I would say the color of the phones. They are black, maybe a range of colors would be great!

Allie from Blue STream

Love Jive!!

overall we are satisfied, however if the contact center doesn't allow us to be able to have agents log in independently from the device for desk sharing we may be looking at alternate options. (jive Web has a do not disturb feature that we are not able to disable, so therefore we cant use bcz we cant see if agents are on do not disturb)

Pros

love that its web based, full access to the PBX where I can control call routing at a minutes time. Reporting easy to access. Jive app allows me to take phone calls from anywhere.

Cons

Contact center needs developing it is not agent centric at all. It is queue centric, it is missing visibility into what the agent is doing. individual log ins are not available so for a call center that share desk this is not a good product as the data is all geared to the device and not the user. Call centers usually share seats, so this is a major fail. Also there is no visibility into agent status, outbound calls are not identified so you see "idle for an agent " when in fact they are on an outbound call.

Cary from Castleberry Services Inc

Jive is toos

Overall, they are a good company to work with. If I was to compare them to other VoIP host, they are the best but is that good enough. Customers are extremely demanding and being the best of a subpar service industry is not tolerated. They should support their partners almore when it comes to failures on their part. Be proactive in testing and implementation, not reactive.

Pros

Jive has made the implementation of their services very smooth. The phone Retal is extremely user friendly for both the customer and the partner.

Cons

Jive has dropped the ball on intergrating with non-VoIP compatible systems such as access controls. They have made improvements with this but it’s still a point of frustration. Jive also commits to supporting older VoIP equipment but in the end are unable to do so on some models. I would suggest they thoroughly test before committing to supporting it.

Russ from Vestnomics Wealth Management, LLC

Excellent Service with Great Support

We have been using Jive for a year now. We wanted a solution that would integrate with our CRM. Our previous VOIP solution was unable to do so. On top of this capability, Jive costs us about $/line less. Voice quality is excellent, if I am out of the office the line rings through to my cell, and as far as the caller is concerned, I am in my office. I was able to port my lines from the previous company without a hassle. Set up was easy, and support has been excellent. If there is one drawback it is the fax system. It is a bit clunky to use. However, as we do not send many faxes it has not been a big issue.

Pros

Excellent sound quality Easy to port existing numbers Excellent support Integrates with Redtail CRM Graphic oriented call routing Click to dial Unified communications

Cons

Fax system is not very user friendly Jive desktop still in Beta

Austin from SUMO

Great product and even better customer support!

Smart people. Great prices. Terrific project management.

Pros

They make it really easy to add and remove users. The billing is very straight forward. Their project management team does an amazing job!

Cons

I don’t have any negatives to say about Jive or Logmein. They have been a great partner and resource.

Julie from PFB

Good, efficient, saves me money but has issues

Pros

Automated options are great. The eFax set up is great. I use it multiple times a week. I don’t have any problems with that. 24/7 customer service is helpful since I am Open everyday. I was able to save, per month on combining my 4 lines together.

Cons

Customer service needs more training. They did not know that an intercom option. Whenever I have an issue, sometimes after calling the customer service team, they fix it but can’t explain to me how they fixed it. Sometimes the reception is a little off for whatever reason because I have had customers call and can’t hear us or we can’t hear them. The dial plan needs work. I have so many lines and different auto attendants, it gets messy but the dial plan needs to light up between dial plans or something to identify the lines. It gets super confusing. Everything is connected via internet. If that’s down, I’m screwed.

Jive Support

We are a resell Jive Communications. We have done some complex installations and some very simple jobs. From 4 or 5 phones to 65 phones. Jive has done a great job on all.

Pros

When I have a question, i can call, get through to a tech and get my question answered. They will log on and look at issues with me rather than just wanting to fix it and move on. They take time to make sure I understand what is going on and how to fix an issue. Jive engineers are the most responsive I have ever worked with.

Cons

It seems to be limited to specific programs written by Jive for Jive. Some features that are standard on some are not available on the Jive software. Their engineers are willing to work on solutions or work arounds.

Lisa from D&L Landscaping, Inc.

Jive has transformed my regular answering system to a professional automated line.

I like the phone support. Representatives can talk you through everything and explain all your questions. They can also set up your phone line in the customized way you want it. You can put multiple people on hold. If anything doesn't make sense you can call anytime for support. I like all the features Jive has to offer for your line. You can add or remove features depending on your needs for phone service. They have capacity for voicemail and personalized voicemail setup.

Professional, Easy to use service

We cannot be happier with Jive's service. Their customer support is always available and quick to answer the call and everyone seems to enjoy helping the customers (us). The easy to use interface makes it simple to change and add anything that you need.

Pros

Jive offers many different features for one reasonable price. The main things that makes Jive attractive for a small office is the adaptation of essentially unlimited conference call lines as we host and manage various committees, boards, etc and the available mobile phone app that allows us to make and pick up calls out side of the office. We are always in and out of the office and being able to answer all calls remotely is game-changing.

Michael from Profit Discovery Group

Industry: Utilities

The ease of the auto-attendant setup makes this the best telecom service around

Easy voip setup

Pros

The auto-attendant service has a graphic interface that is easier to use than any company we have dealt with. The free additional features is a big plus, where a lot of companies nickel and dime you. 24/7 customer support is helpful and allows you to configure off hours.

Cons

So far we have little to complain about. There is no cost effective way to run multiple phones for one individual, without paying multiple device fees. So if you have a phone in the office, and at home, you are paying double. A visual mapping of where calls are directed for an individually selected phone would be useful, but we haven't had any issues to complain about.

Blake from Omega Network Solutions

Using Jive

Replacing old Nortel PBXes, other VOIP implementations, and other patchwork phone systems is nice -- once all the kinks are worked out of a Jive PBX for a client it's pretty great. The Tier 2 / 3 Support is also excellent, when they are needed.

Pros

Lots of features. Once configured properly, it works very nicely and we have had few issues for production PBXes.

Cons

Lots of features - some of the management through the GUI to turn on or adjust features is unintuitive and probably unnecessarily so. Some of resolutions for issues seen during migrations to Jive took too long -- considering how critical regular phone service is for business, even now with all of the other communications tech options available.

Carleen from Wang Insurance

Great VoIP service with just a few tiny kinks that could be worked out!

Overall I'm happy we switched from a landline system to Jive VoIP. Great phone quality, decent customer service. I'd recommend it!

Pros

It's super easy to use. Onboarding was easy (at first the rep wouldn't contact us and we had to chase someone down to help with onboarding), but overall they are kind and try to assist. Everyone on the phones seems very in-tune with the online system for setup and programming. Very little downtime (if ever--it has yet to go down since we signed up which was many many months ago), and voice quality is great.

Cons

There are a LOT of "incompatible routers", which is difficult because our router is provided by Comcast and is for business use. If they have so many incompatible routers, I wish they'd provide a list of compatible ones (there isn't one--except for a bunch that Jive sells on their end that is impossible to get quickly). Customer service, though helpful, often times requires a "ticket" and then takes a long time to get back to us.

Merrick from North Portland Wellness Center

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Jive over everything!

Jive is so much simpler than it’s more expensive, less customer oriented counterparts.

Pros

Jive is what Ringcentral used to be: an easy behind the scenes portal for administrators to easily manage phone trees, voice messages, and digital faxes. Jive allows you to create actual ‘click and drag’ style phone systems. The customer service team is relatively local, well informed, and has ideal follow through. Jive beats it’s competitors in functionality and price. The Apps they offer are great for doing distance work and responding to voice messages out of the office.

Cons

The digital fax function requires you to use an email account and copy paste destination info into your ‘to’ field. This process was rarely convenient.

Robin from Abrams and Associates Inc: Center for Family Psychotherapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Reliable voice service and excellent customer service

Since JIVE provides the phone and fax service for my employer, there is a lot at stake. There have been few problems, and customer service is excellent. Even when we switched Internet providers and there was an incompatibility between JIVE and the new equipment, Customer Service stayed with us until our phones and fax were functional again. Five stars just for the Customer Service!

Pros

This software is pretty seamless. Once it is set up, there is really no need to tinker with it. It works well, and if there needs to be a change, Customer Service is right there to help.

Cons

Not too crazy about the new interface, but getting used to it. Also not thrilled that there is no way to block spam faxes.

Jive is Consumer Oriented

In general, Jive has been super responsive. Call forwarding has been a problem, but we have found an ulterior method.

Pros

The software functions as expected, but the important thing for any business owner is the support of the Jive staff. When function is lost, it is important to find out why and who is responsible.The Jive technicians try to quickly zero in on the source of the problem with full knowledge that communications are the life line of any business.

Cons

Because Jive is dependent on AT&T lines, there are problems that have to be reconciled with AT&T first, an issue that can take hours on the phone.

John from Birchfield Partners LLC

Solid VOIP System

My experience with Jive was a pleasant one. At the time it was a significant upgrade from our old system and is certainly an adequate solution for a small office with a VOIP need.

Pros

At the time that our firm made the switch to this system it was a major improvement to our old phone system. For the first time we were able to have custom call handling rules, we could assign temporary voicemails without terminating the standard voicemail, and we had the visibility to see if other team members were on the phone from our own desks.

Cons

What I have learned since moving on to a different software is that competitors allow much more customization in the dial plan, address book, e-faxing, and vacation planning. While this system is perfectly adequate for a home office or simple office, it is not conducive to a large network of employees.

Becki from Liberty Tax

Jive has been an excellent choice for our business !! Easy to use and features are excellent !!

Pros

I love that I can transfer our phones from anywhere, I do not have to be near the phone. If we have any technical difficulties at an office I can log in from any computer and forward phones to another. My clients no longer have to wait on hold, they can be rerouted from one location to another. The system is amazing and even my lesser then tech saavy employees can figure it out !!!

Cons

We have an older phone system and due to upgrades I can no longer add additional handsets without replacing the base. Not a huge deal but would be handy to just order handsets in the future.

Kris from Spa Tech Institute

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Jive Communications positive experience

Pros

Jive did a great job of incentivizing making the change to VoIP with a great deal on the equipment needed to get started. They managed the set up process well and the customer support was excellent. Love the Management panel for building out answering queues, ring groups and auto attendants.

Cons

The Fax interface is not robust and is prone to crashing and needing to power cycle. We have had some marginal problems with quality from time to time and we did need to change our Router to a more expensive router to handle the phones. That was not clear from the beginning.

Jodi from Medical Practice

Satisfied Practice

I am quite satisfied with Jive. My practice is a small surgical center with a satellite office. When opening the satellite office, instead of having a separate phone number, we were able to purchase phones and create extensions that allow us to transfer calls between offices and eliminates the patients having to call multiple numbers. Jive is very reasonably priced as well.

Pros

I began using Jive having received no training from the person I replaced. Every time I have called Customer Service, which trust me, has been a multitude of times, the person I spoke with has been very professional and helpful. They always take time to ask how your day is going and at the end of the call ask if there is anything else they can help you with.

Cons

I currently have no complaints related to Jive.

Take your business wherever you go!

Our staff can work from home in many different states.

Pros

Software phones, which allow access for your computer, no hard phone needed. Dial Plans Ability to change messages and turn phone on and off easily Competitive Available technical support

Cons

Report features are not practical, too much analysis needed to use the information Hold times are factored into an employee's extension (giving false information on how long they are on a call. Also, if calls are made internally, only minutes are recorded to the initiator. Again, an employee is not getting credit for taking a call.

derek from EAST JEFFERSON MEDICAL CLINIC

Every time I call service is excellent and problems are resolved quickly

We have already recommended to many other clinics that are friends and they all use also. Benefit is many lines for an affordable price, voicemail and holiday settings, transferring calls, and being able to have multiple calls on one phone

Pros

Easy to use and very little issues. When a problem does occur I can check status and see when its fixed in real time

Cons

Just when our area has internet issues it affects the phones due to wifi base. Not Jives fault but definitely our biggest issues due to the area we are in being more prone to these problems and both internet companies are run through the same system so no way around

Moving Towards Excellence

cost benefits for clients, lower cost of ownership and meets numerous vertical needs using either all hosted hybrid or SIP trunks. The width of the solutions allows more market capture.

Pros

Overall this company integration plan is well thought out and that creates a smooth transition for onboarding clients and reduces the offboarding associated with poor integration strategies by hosted competitors.

Cons

Jive needs to spend time on taking the Apple approach to removing ambiguity and non-intuitive processes within their portals. While their customer and VAR portals are good they could be great.

Megan from Rothschild Foundations

Extremely user-friendly, excellent customer service

Pros

The administration portal is extremely intuitive and user-friendly. I like the transparency and ability to control the interface remotely. Since our company transitioned to Jive eight months ago, it's been nothing but smooth sailing. The voice quality is superb, especially for our hard-of-hearing staff. Additionally, our small team of ten all report ease of use and preference over our previous voice provider.

Cons

When we initially signed our control, there was some issue with service interruption and our phone lines not working. It was short-lived because the customer service and our account rep worked immediately to remediate the issue, which ended up being an issue on our end (so nothing to do with Jive itself). Additionally, setting up an admin for the Jive Voice portal was a little challenging although everything ultimately worked out.

Cory from Management Consulting

Recommended for Businesses that Need More Functions and Features in Their Phone Menus

The overall experience with Jive has been positive.

Pros

I like how many options, features, and functions the software has to offer for VoIP phone systems. The software is easy-to-use for those who are versed in software configuration. I also like that the app for it gets rid of the need for companies to buy their employees company cell phones. With the app, all you need is Internet to receive and send calls from your work number.

Cons

I don't like some of the hidden costs. Make sure to discuss all associated costs with your sales representative.

Mike from Gold Coast Business Solutions

My Opinions about Jive

All very positive. I love that you are open to ideas via ideas@jive.com, and I've seen them take place which shows a commitment to listening. The system has been very stable. My Channel Manager is VERY responsive and goes above and beyond to help. All in all, Jive is an easy company to work with, the product performs well and it is very stable.

Pros

Easy and robust administrator interface.

Cons

I was the one that submitted the request for a phone directory capability. I would love it if the resulting report was in a spreadsheet, rather than a PDF, so it would be easier to edit and have control over the formatting.

Ingrid from S&R

Pretty Good

Pros

We used a different VOIP service before and the service kept on going out, but, with Jive, the service has been flawless. Whatever you need to add to your phones or change, they seem to have something to accommodate your request, or they make some changes in their system in order to add the feature that you asked for. Great customer service (once you get to speak with someone).

Cons

- Make it either voicemail by phone or voicemail via email. Getting it both ways is cumbersome. - The wait time is really bad.

Annette from Whitley Insurance Services

Ease of use

We use JiveVoice at the office for our phone system. Customer service is always prompt and helpful.

Pros

Jive Voice is easy to use and came with instructions to start and all needed equipment was shipped and easy to install.

Cons

We really have none at this time. We have had a great experince so far with our phone system and will be adding another line shortly.

The price was right!