Ooma Office Reviews

4.45 / 5 (102) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 19 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Excellent customer service. Always available to help with the very few issues that come up. Sound quality is perfect. But the very best aspect of Ooma—low low monthly cost. At least 1/4 AT and T!"

• "The connection quality is great, and having an app that allows our clients to call us at our local home office number (or vice versa) even while we are on the other side of the world is GOLDEN! "

• "It is remarkably easy to setup... just plug and play and you are up and running!"

• Cons

• "Setting up numbers was a little confusing but support was great at helping."

• "it strictly relies on high speed network, and living here in my area, there's outages from the ISP...other than that, it's still pretty good! "

• "It's not too awful, but the AI voice is a little strange and robotic."

Browse Ooma Office Reviews

Alexis from Law Offices of Kathleen G. Alvarado

Industry: Law Practice

Love the mobile application along with the desktop application

My overall experience has been amazing. You get a professional quality phone system with the same exact pricing as our previous analog phone system.

Pros

With the mobile phone application, it is extremely easy to disguise my personal cell phone number with our company phone number. The mobile application also has a built-in text message feature with unlimited ability to send and receive messages. As to the desktop application, the ability to place and receive phone calls, text messages, and send faxes really makes the Ooma platform ideal for small businesses such as ours.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about the software is some of the features with respect to the tutorials that Ooma has available to ensure the staff becomes familiar and comfortable with the use of the program. There are several features such as Call Park, Call Flip, and a few others. While these features are amazing in theory they are somewhat difficult to learn how to use them.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

I did not need to purchase a server system in order to use the program. All I needed was about a $100 switch and some data lines.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Needed a virtual secretary which our previous phone provider wasn't offering at the time of the switch.

Thomas from Von Enterprises Inc.

Small Business Phone Solution

Overall I am very pleased with the Ooma phone system. It provides a numerous amount of practical features for a very reasonable price. Customer service has been very responsive when needed and with good follow up to make sure all issues were addressed.

Pros

The ease of set up and use. I could easily add all users and setup calling configuration will little instruction.

Cons

Faxing documents has some limitations on page orientation and upload size. Voice mail to text not included with basic package.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Value. More features at a lower cost.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

To get the features I required the cost was significantly more than I wanted to invest. The hard requirements and monthly service were both much high than Ooma’s product.

Arthur from Home Video Studio Visalia

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

OOMA Rocks!

I love it!

Pros

I love that I can use my personal cell phone to call back a client using the OOMA app and have the call appear that I am calling from my office! My personal cell phone remains personal!

Cons

I can't answer text messages using my desktop or laptop computer!

OOM had better price

Scott from SearchMaster Software

Easy to use, but prepare for issues

I took over phone responsibilities for another small company, which had a virtual 800 # they used for everything. I started an Ooma Office account, bought all their equipment and phones, ordered their service and ported my 800 number to my Ooma Office provided number - all as they suggested. Without delay I started getting hit with SPAM calls daily, lots of them, which are coming from the local exchange number they assigned me. I asked them to change that number, but they wanted to charge me to do-so. Their call quality is hit or miss, and doesn't seem to be tied directly to MY internet quality as I've hooked the hardware straight to the modem and still had bad quality. Thier software, account dashboard and features are ALL amazing - so no complaints there. It was very easy to get running and give the appearance of a VERY large and professional setup, but that is hurt by the call quality.

Pros

Very easy to setup out of the box and get running with their config site, TONS of features for something priced so low, very easy to use, LOVE the options, price is amazing.

Cons

My two biggest issues have been call quality and spam calls, both of which COULD be issues from my end admittedadly, but not likely. I've got a very fast internet connection, and had no spam call issues before switching to ooma office. After the switch, I get 15 to 20 robo calls per day, and when I take calls I generally have to speak quite slowly so that words don't drop. Also, their tech support personnel leave a bit to be desired and take days to get back to you, IF at all, and only give you partial answers.

Alex from Law Offices of Kathleen G. Alvarado

Ooma with the Save! Critical especially during Covid 19 Pandemic

We are using this product exclusively for our firm. The Ooma support staff is always accessible even during pandemic craziness. The sales rep has always been available even after activating the product. I am so happy that I selected Ooma as our phones and fax provider.

Pros

I love the Voice IP system. When the Stay-In-place order was issued by the California Governor, we had little time to react beause the immediate future ws uncertain as to having our business remain open with on-site workers. I was able to make a quick decision to have essential staff literally take the phone system home and plug it into their home internet connection. The phones were amazing as they were plug and play ready. Each line has its own fax capability which was added for a small price. This allowed staff members to file documents and correspondence with digital fax capabilities. Simply Save Documents as PDF and Send. The next major feature that was amazing was the Digitial Receptionsit for call directing.

Cons

I believe if Ooma offered a tutorial reviewing all of the features to be provided directly after activation would have been able to get the staff up to date on the new product. Some staff members indicated that obtaining information as to the use of each feature was not simple to locate on their own.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Both Ring Central and 8x8 had informed me that I needed to purchase a Server and Switch. With Ooma I still had to purchase a Power Over Ethernet Switch but I did not have to purchase an expensive Server.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Old phone systems were having a lot of technical issues with the handsets themselves. Also switching from digital faxing was become more common and before we had to be on-site in order to do so. Old phone lines also had no ability for a digital secretary to direct calls without purchasing expensive equipment. Lastly, the attorneys of our firm were constantly having support staff contact client with updates because they were trying to protect their personal numbers. Ooma provides an application where calls can be made and only the work phone number would be shown to the receitpant.

Robert Wallace from Armstrong & Muñoz

A Solid Option For Small Businesses

The Ooma platform has been great for our office. The apps and web portal give us everything we need to have a customized set up. The only problems we've had have been hardware related, and those were resolved by their support team.

Pros

The Ooma Business platform is pretty robust and easy to setup and use. We've been able to deploy phones and fax and our clients get a professional experience when they call us.

Cons

There are a couple of quality of life features missing, i.e. you can text from mobile, but not from desktop.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

The price, features, and reliability.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Limited functionality and difficult setup/management.

Sharon from Blonde Renditions Creative

Industry: Graphic Design

Best VoIP for the money

Great experience. It was so simple to set up, I only wish I didn't have to pay extra for the desktop app.

Pros

Ease of set up, the service is reliable, call quality is good, great price and many extras, and customer service is top notch (if you need them at all).

Cons

Desktop app and call recording are only available with a higher prices plan. Occasionally there is a little static on the call or echo, but it could be my internet service as I am out in the country and only get DSL.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Better price and either more or just as many extras. Much easier setup.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Godaddy service was unreliable and there was a lot of noise during the calls.

Todd from Boston Business Technology

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Ooma Software is a great solution

I have it installed and it works great. For the money and the support I don't think there is a better option. I am a former Ring Central customer.

Pros

Simple Installation Soft phone is excellent and flexible

Cons

The base station and or phones need an occasional reboot

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Price, ease of set up, special on devices

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Ring Central was more expensive and the support was difficult to navigate.

KIM from KOPPER LIGHT ELECTRIC, LLC

OOMA OFFICE

AS A RESULT OF USING THE SYSTEM, WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE OUR COMPANY APPEAR A LOT LARGER AS WE CONTINUALLY GROW. ADDITIONALLY, WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WORK MORE REMOTELY.

Pros

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE A GROWING ELECTRICAL COMPANY. IT WAS SO BENEFICIAL ADDING OOMA OFFICE TO OUR BUSINESS. WE EASILY INTEGRATED IT INTO OUR CURRENT SYSTEM. WE HAD TO WORK OUT A FEW KINKS BUT NOW IT IS A SMOOTHLY RUNNING SYSTEM. AS OUR COMPANY GROWS, WE HAVE THE OPTION TO ADD MORE SEVICES. THAT'S WHAT I LIKE THE MOST.

Cons

OVERALL, THE SYSTEM IS REALLY GOOD. INITIALLY, I HAD CONCERNS WITH SETTING UP EVERYTHING BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE COMPANY HAS IMPROVED A LOT WITHIN THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. I WOULD ADD A FEW MORE OPTIONS FOR THE VOICE MAIL OPTIONS.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Ooma was more affordable and offered the options we looking for at the time

Jeremiah from Kid Red Entertainment

Communication Services on a Budget

Ooma Office is very easy to set up and for the most part affordable when looking for very basic communication services. Customer service and technical support is a joke! I can call about the same issue 15 times in one day and every time I get a different answer on how to fix an issue, including them wanting me to purchase new equipment or blaming it on my ISP. When the Ooma Office service is up and running correctly, it's absolutely amazing and solid.

Pros

The software seems to be stable, never really have many issues.

Cons

Sometimes the call quality is horrible or just flat out unable to connect and it seems they have a lot of outages. Ooma Office service does NOT work with traditional fax machines, this has been an ongoing issue with Ooma Office from day one. If you are looking to use a traditional fax machine, be advised it will only work 25%-40% of the time, and you would be better off keeping a landline for fax services.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Ooma Office Mobile App was the ONLY thing that sold me.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

The only reason I made this switch was due to the face Ooma Office has the mobile app. The prior company did not offer that. Personally, if it wasn't for the mobile app, I would be back at the other company.

Mark from Armormax

Ooma is Great

Really couldn't be happier with Ooma. We switched from more of a legacy provider and the features that you get with Ooma and for the price make it a 10x times investment for our company for all the features they provide.

Pros

Ooma has amazing support and they are constantly updating their application. Our company has been thrilled with the updates over the years and it is such a reliable product that we feel we are definitely getting the best value we can from them.

Cons

Really happy with everything but my least favorite part about the software would be the apps. They seem to crash or don't sync with my phone as often. We purchased and pay for the Ooma plan for their phones but the apps come free of charge I just wish the apps worked a lot better.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

We did a trial of Dialpad and found the service spotty and unreliable.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

We wanted to switch to a VOIP phone provider and needed caller-id and to answer phone calls anywhere in the world.

Jessica from Brockwell IT Consulting

Good for a small business who just needs a phone

Pros

We have used Ooma for several years now and it has served its purpose as our "main" number. Since our office is fairly virtual and we typically deal with customers via email and online meetings, we just needed a phone and Ooma is a good option. Set up was super easy and has been mostly maintenance free. We have customers in both the US and Canada and this service allows calls from both and there is no additional per minute charge when calling Canada. The Virtual assistant, who answers calls when there is no one to take them, was easy to set up and seems to work most of the time. You can create your own recording to answer the calls as well as use the automated voice service.

Cons

While it was easy to set up, we have had a few connectivity issues. Some of it is unpreventable - with a VoIP phone service you need internet, and if that goes out there is a problem. But there have been a few times where the Ooma server was down and we weren't notified. Also there is a function that allows you to have automated withdrawals to pay for account overages. Sometimes this service would not be working and they would cancel our conference bridge subscription without notice. We have used the conference bridge service for a while now and it is mostly reliable, but is most affected by this funding/billing defect.

Richelle from Dynamic Solution Associates

Industry: Fund-Raising

Ooma Office

Ooma office is great and would recommend to any small business. It is great in price and have had great results with it so far. Our company has been using Ooma for a few years now and have recommended it to a few of our clients.

Pros

Ooma has a great online system that allows you to easily forward calls to your cellphone and send faxes. The online system is very user friendly and I have not had any issues with. Customer service is very repsonsive whenever we have any issues or questions. They generally are able to troubleshoot issues over the phone with in a few minutes and someone always answers right away.

Cons

One con is that there have been several times when the office phones will just go down. This has happened 3-4 times where the line is unable to connect to any signal and we have to call customer support for them to reboot our line. This has been an ongoing issue with one specific line, so may need a new phone but Ooma has been very responsive to this issue.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

We chose Ooma due to its price and the easy functionality of the package we bought. They had a lot of great features that we use daily that help the everyday work task run smoothly.

Johnny from Wholesale

Industry: Wholesale

Affordable, very reliable VOIP phone service

excellent, and I'd recommended to anyone who wants to save some $$$$$

Pros

the ability to have apps on your smart phone & tablet

best prices and accessibility

better prices

Ooma Office is a great VOIP Solution for a SMB

Ooma Office was the perfect solution for us as it replaced all the functionality we had with our local landline option and gave us more flexibility with the mobile app, all for a significant savings of over a $100.00 a month.

Pros

Very easy to use, mobile app, e-fax, phone # porting, very affordable, can use existing phones. There is a desktop app available although it cost extra.

Cons

It's not so much about the software, but the quality of VOIP solutions in general are dependent upon the quality and strength of your internet connection. We are connecting using a WiFI adapter since we don't have direct access to the modem. As a result every once in a while the connection isn't so great so the clarity isn't as great as it could be. The other thing I don't like is that the desktop app is extra.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

We didn't consider any other VOIP option because I had already been using Ooma at home for 8+ years and knew it was a great solution that was significantly better priced than our existing business solution.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

We wanted to save money and gain the flexibility that Ooma provided.

Susan from Body & Brain Yoga Tai Chi

Great features on mobile app

With Ooma, I am able to leave my business and still get my calls and voicemails no matter where I am. This is really helpful as a single owner/operator of a small business.

Pros

I love being able to forward my business number to my cell phone when not at my business and being able to call using my cell phone as if I was calling from my business number. I also really appreciate being able to see when calls came in and being able to check voice messages.

Cons

I have my cell phone set in a ring group, so when a call comes into my business, it should ring my cell at the same time providing that I am logged into the app. However, if I have it set on wifi only, the call often doesn't completely connect and ring through.

Cost and features

Jon from LeadValets

Complete Package

Wet easy to do business with ans works with you satisfy issues.

Pros

Ease of set up and support. Their customer service is spot on!

Cons

There is nothing that we have had an issue with. I have no complaints

Better customer service.

Cost

Jordan from Day Violins

Industry: Music

Switch Now

Amazing experience! I will not be switching!

Pros

Ooma office is the most versatile and affordable phone service available. We love that we were able to have calls forwarded to a phone in the chance our internet went out. For coronavirus it was a snap to update hours. We no longer receive business hour calls with the short automated service. We also can send and receive both pictures and texts from our company phone number! This is a huge selling point for us! The call clarity is very clear, and we love the service! I have never waited more than 2 min to get a hold of customer service!

Cons

For me the backend is easy to navigate, but I can imagine for others it could be a bit more difficult. I wish individual phone’s answering machines could be setup on the backend of the software and not only via the phone you are setting it up on.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Price! Flexibility! Texting, and now, as of two months ago, picture messaging!

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Century link was charging us 100$ more, with less lines and no customization. A waste of money.

Glen from Smart Guys Computers

Industry: Computer Hardware

Ooma Rocks

Connecting onsite and offsite employees seamlessly

Pros

The ease of use and implementation. The transition could not have been simpler. Cost is negligible and the features simplify our business processes

Cons

No app for Windows......yet. This is literally the only thing needed to make this complete.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

The other product was overly complicated and cumbersome

Daniel from Firestorm Gear

Great product for small business

Exceptional product and service!

Pros

Cons

There really isn't much that I did not like about the software/hardware. Customer service is a little bit lacking.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

My company grew and I needed more phones.

Hillary from Diamond Transportation Arizona LLC

Ooma Office is good for remote employees

Ooma makes it really easy to run our office remotely, which is incredibly important currently. If we miss a call, we can easily check the call log. Blocking robo-call numbers is very easy. Setting up the initial extensions and times was a bit confusing, but everything works quite smoothly once done and customer support is excellent.

Pros

Ooma has almost no issues, and relatively quick customer service. It's fairly easy to set-up the phone system with forwarding, extensions and hours of service (we are 24/7). It's easy to check the call logs and to block unwanted robo-calls (this is a newer update).

Cons

Sometimes, setting up the hours where the phone will forward to which extension can be confusing, so we're always double-checking to make sure the phone is transferring through properly.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Intermedia hadn't done their upgrade yet and we couldn't use some of the integrations we wanted.

Swati from Prasad island market

Best service

Pros

The best feature is their virtual assitant service and the ability to catch up with everything from my phone anytime and anywhere

Cons

There is really nothing i am uncomfortable with.

Hayden from CAM Professional Staffing

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Fantastic!

Pros

-US Based, 24/7 Support -Friendly Staff -Value

Cons

-Hidden Fees -Extra cost for pro features -I don't always receive my calls in the app.

Pricing, and contracts.

Pricing and features.

Jennifer from Bliss Experiences

Super for Small Business

A great service that serves my small business well.

Pros

I have been using Ooma as my VOIP provider for a few years. It makes it easy for me to have a local number without having to actually have a phone that must be answered. I also like that I can set up forwarding. It has helped to weed out robotic and solicitor calls.

Cons

I looked into expanding and using Ooma internet. They require you to use their router and pay additional fees for installation and rental. It was too expensive for my small business.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Ease of use and accessibility.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Charter wasn't offering what I needed at the time.

Joel from Advanced Quality Plumbing

Not perfect but is reliable

Our biggest problem was getting calls to forward after hours to whoever we wanted. Ooma has a lot of verstility in being able to forward calls to whoever you want when you want so they we a big relief to us since we are service company.

Pros

So after using Google Voice for a 2 years and them having so many issues and zero support (free so I guess I can't complain too much) we had to switch to a more reliable VOIP. We went with Ooma simple because they seemed the most reliably priced and had really good reviews. we have been using it for over a month with few problems. There is a learning curve, but the support staff has been very informative and when you call they will walk you through step by step how to something, like how to setup call forwarding. all forwarding has been the most important feature for us as we need to make sure we do not miss a call. They have hit a homerun on that as far as reliability.

Cons

The app itself leaves something to be desired, but they have assured me they are working on it. there is no admin feature on the app so if you need to make a change you have to do it online, you can only change options for your user on the app. Also there is a glitch where out phones show central time and they are still working on the bug to switch it to Pacific.

john from the Kroll Medical Group

great service

Pros

ease of use quality and updated technology

Cons

training support on the back level can be challenging

price

Kaitlyn from DSA Boston

Ooma is great for your office!

We have used Ooma Office for several years and we love it. As long as you have reliable internet, it's a great option.

Pros

The thing I like most about Ooma (our office's phone system) is the ability to receive voicemails to your email. It's really helpful when working remotely! Their customer service is also very friendly and helpful.

Cons

The one downside to Ooma is that it's not accessible if the internet goes out. We've had a problem with our internet in the office being down and not being able to receive phone calls during that time really inhibits your ability to get work done.

Renee from Easton Neuropsychology

VOIP phones and software with a lot of extras

Customer service was helpful in assisting us in deciding what service and phones we needed. We had called around to a couple of other services, which didn't want to give us the time of day once they heard we were a small business and only wanted to start with a few lines. Once ordered, the phones were easy to set up. They took about a week to arrive. The software was easy to set up. Visual interface is nice. After about 3 weeks, everything is working reliably. Love that I was able to replace my voice on the answering machine with a professional sounding virtual receptionist that texts to speech exactly what I want her to say, and also gives a lot of forwarding and mailbox options. We were able to upload hold music, so our office sounds much more professional. Forwarding and transferring are easy. I am notified by voicemails via email, and can receive them remotely from my computer. And the price is less than with most similar services. I think that there is also a phone app that you can make calls from, but I haven't tried it yet.

Pros

There are a lot of features included with OOMA, and their price is reasonable. They are always running specials on phone systems.

Cons

There is often a slight delay between a button push on the phone and it registering, which is a very minor annoyance when calling into a voice response system. Call quality is much better than the cells we were using, but not quite the same as a landline.

Art from Consumers Insurance Agency LLC

Best deal around with the best price

Since the first day, it has been an awesome experience. I have had zero problems in all the years I have been using Ooma

Pros

I have had this service for many years and office moves. They have been great and the price can not be beat. I have phone and fax service and have never lost a call or fax

Cons

Nothing is bad about this deal. I highly recommend it for any business, and have referred a number of companies to it and they are happy as well

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Price was great and service was also terrific

Tony from Iron Horse

Industry: Computer Networking

Great bang for the buck!

Mostly I don't think about Ooma because it does what I want it to with very little upkeep.

Pros

Inexpensive. Well supported. Transferring numbers was fairly painless. Integrates with cell phones. Has the features of expensive phone systems. Easy to administrate.

Cons

Sometimes hard to figure out how to do something you want to, though the feature is probably there.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Ooma was cheaper, easier, cleaner to set up, and had all the features I wanted.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Ooma's costs were less and the functionality was equivalent. It was also very hard and slow to do things through the Verizon interface, but not so with Ooma.

Ooma Office Business Saved Me A Bundle

Ooma office has provides high quality business phone services for my business at a fraction of the cost Verizon charged me. Setup was very easy and the one time I had a small issue Ooma support was easy to reach and got things straightened out quickly.

Pros

I switched from Verizon to Ooma office and I'm saving almost $70/month.

Cons

The mobile app takes until the 3rd ring on the office phone before it rings on my iPhone.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

I felt Ooma gave me an independent option I didn't think was tied to a geographically limited provider.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

Verizon was costing way too much with very few features. Ooma gave me much more and better service for way less money.

Dave from Moonlight Technology

Ooma saves us money

Great product. Highly recommend. I love the mobile phone apps, automatic forwarding to my mobile. Support to email voice mail messages and calling from my ooma number on my cell phone through their app.

Pros

Ooma is a great VOIP service with advanced features. It is affordable and saves a lot of money compared to your old lines from the phone company.

Cons

Their ooma branded phones aren't as good as normal phones from my experience. We just use normal phones from other manufacturers

JASON from CENTER FOR THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE , INC.

CONTRACT FREE & PORTABLE

The set up was easy, the monthly expense is a fraction of Verizon, and the accessibility far surpasses my previous carrier.

Pros

I am able to access my business software anywhere I have internet connectivity.

Cons

The call quality of VoIP is not on par with landline, (but could be subject to my internet connection, which is horrible).

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

The overall expense increased annually with diminished services and the contracts were unreasonable, in my opinion.

Tracey from Gatlins

Great phone system for small business

Pros

I love being able to program a custom receptionist message. Also love that I can set out business hours and holidays for the whole year and not have to worry about programming phones weekly. I can set and forget practically, except I do have to change our after hours message for holidays. Also love the fact I can forward calls to our cell phones so we can stay connected on the go.

Cons

Sometimes if I am downloading programs during business hours the customers complain about hearing a buzzing noise. Would also like to suggest a "holiday after-hour" receptionist message.

A Simple VoIP Solution for Small Businesses

I use the Ooma phone app so that I can receive business calls even when I'm away from my desk. Using the app, you don't even need any hardware.

Pros

The obvious is each phone line costs much less than a typical phone line. You get free digital faxing and a toll-free number.

Cons

There are other VoIP systems that can be more dynamic and, if needed, have a lot more options. For the basic small business, Ooma is a good choice.

Jive

Nicole from Expion360

Industry: Warehousing

Easy to use and set up

Our experience has been amazing and we love our Ooma office.

Pros

Ooma office is very easy to set up, it only took me about 30mins to get all our phones online and running, and maybe 30 mins more to get the virtual operator set up. Everyone in our office can use all the features on the phones with little to no guidance.

Cons

If the internet goes down, so does your phone system, but you can have mobile apps on your phones so the calls go to your cell phones if there is no internet, so it is more a minor inconvenience than a con.

Price and ease of use

YES if you want a landline but also travel capabilities

Absolutely pleased with Ooma Office! And their customer support is incredible.

Pros

Cons

Only downside is it's internet based (VOIP) so if there's a storm and power outage, make sure someone can restart internet or that you have a backup plan.

Krystian from Crabapple Tutoring

Best which I ever made

Pros

I love the virtual receptionist feature of the software. It makes my business run so much more smoothly! It's also a huge plus that I can use my cell phone for call forwarding and voicemails are received via email.

Cons

The software naturally only works if you have internet. So when the internet goes out I'm not able to receive phone calls. Not a huge downside.

Cost

Kyle from REDMARK, INC

Oomazing Product! We LOVE OOMA!

In our office we make and or receive 200-300 calls per day. The quality with Ooma is awesome. We never drop calls and the call quality is crystal clear. We especially like the ability to take calls outside of the office! Amazing Product! Would recommend to any small to medium size business!

Pros

Virtual Receptionist - It allows our business to take calls after hours for us! Mobile App - The ability to take calls on the road and not lose business is great! Call Quality - NEVER HAD AN ISSUE! CRYSTAL CLEAR!

Cons

There are not to many things I can think of that are a con. I think that it was a little bit complicated to setup and learn how to use. I think that is standard with any new product individuals use. It has a learning curve! Learn it and learn it fast and you will LOVE THIS PRODUCT

Tim from KEYLOK

Easy to setup business VOIP

Easy to setup and manage VOIP

Pros

Ooma was very easy to setup. Once the phones arrived it was easy to login to the administrative portal and setup the phones for everyone in the office. Working with support to port our old phone numbers over was easy as well. The administrative portal gives me all the reports I need to be sure employees are managing their phone properly and taking care of customers.

Cons

I hate the smartphone app. If you close the app you no longer receive calls on your smartphone. Also, it only presents a notification not a ring for a call. It was also annoying that we had to purchase additional hardware and they couldn't use our existing common IP phones.

Benjamin from US Pack Logistics

Wealth of Features, Affordable & User Friendly

Great service and product overall that is backed by a great US based service team that is always available to answer questions.

Pros

User-friendliness All necessary features Cost-effective Flexible. Can be utilized in many different ways Customer service is great

Cons

A few service outages over the year. Nothing extensive.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Better flexibility with the hardware.

Jessa from Bristol

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great system

Overall it is worth the savings we got moving from an expensive phone office system.

Pros

Easy to use, can take anywhere via mobile app, has a lot of settings to customize. Digital fax, messaging/texting, direct numbers and extensions.

Cons

It can drop calls once in a while and sometimes the VOIP call quality isn't the best. It can give you errors sometimes that the VOIP signal isn't great and will end the call, but the call still goes on, so it's a bit of false alarm.

Reasons for Switching to Ooma Office

moving offices and need for mobile

Adrienne from Adicot, Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Recommend

Overall experience has been more that what I expected at a price that is less than what I expected.

Pros

The best feature is the nearly complete cessation of all spam calls.

Cons

It's not too awful, but the AI voice is a little strange and robotic.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Ooma's customer service was the friendliest and their price the most competitive.

Digant from MortgageGurus

Cost effective all in one and never missed the calls

Excellent

Pros

Excellent over all and very cost effective all in one , easy setup and never missed office phone while you away from office. any one who is starting new business and wants to start up with OOMA office is best VOIP

Cons

Only one thing which is I can’t do fax more than 5 mb

Tara from Epstein-Lang & Ohler, LLC

Ooma Office-Good Value

We are able to take business calls even when we are working outside of the office.

Pros

Ability to answer calls in the office on a regular phone and also on an app on a cell phone.

Cons

The technology lends to poor call quality once in a while.

Reasons for Choosing Ooma Office

Ooma had the lowest price for the services we need.

Kelly from Vista Chiropractic

It is a great phone service with great features save me money

Customer service is great and kind. They are knowledgeable about there products and always helpful in a timely fashion. They quickly answer and ready to help you.

Pros

It is half the price of other phone carriers for 3 phone lines, and 800 number and a fax line. You can forward your call to your cell phone.

Cons

when the internet goes down your phones in the office cannot be used. However, i have my calls forwarded to my cell phone so no calls are missed.

to save money

vanessa from Software Modelers Consulting

Great value for money

Customer support has been good. It has been a reliable and cost effective solution for us.

Pros

Simple to expand as team grows. Can be set up and reconfigured as required in house.

Cons

Some limitations on which equipment you can integrate with it. The mobile phone app didn't work well at all.

Jameson from All Valley Solar, Inc.

Ooma Office is great

Ooma Office has allowed us to save money and implement an easy to support work-from-home environment for our employees.

Pros

Affordability, reliability, customer support, easy set-up

Cons

None, we have not had any negative experiences with Ooma so far.

Price and reliability

Tom from PC2 Solutions, Inc.

Ooma Office

Very good.

Pros

Great for small office / home office and smaller businesses. Great value, clear calls and great reliability.

Cons

Limitations on the Ooma Business products. Problems transferring calls in larger installations.

Cost savings.

Gena from Madison School of Massage Therapy

Lifesaver For Us!

Pros

It was easy to get it up and running, and it’s consistent. Also, Customer Support is always helpful with us.

Cons

Nothing! We have never had a significant issue, and the small ones have been quickly resolved by Customer Support.