• Pros

• "Great call quality. Easy to use. Overall good value."

• "Very versatile platform and features that are just perfect for a start-up or existing business. I've used the mobile app overseas without any issues and I'd highly recommend them."

• "Great product. Very useful for team collaboration. Support before the sale is very good. Testing and implementation is very easy."

• Cons

• "The virtual meeting has improved since it's introduction, but it is cumbersome to use when compared with similar online meeting offerings."

• "The setup is relatively easy, but the costs associated are not easily communicated to the business."

• "They took away the fax feature, which was super handy! Now just using adobe's scanning app. It's working well."

Browse Virtual Office by 8x8 Reviews

Anthony "Tony"

Best VoIP

We have started a landscape and hardscape business in Houston recently. Just a small family owned organization with big dreams. In researching a phone option, I found 8X8 to be the exact match that we were looking for. The cost was low and keeps us going, but the features are the best. In the world of cellular phones, I have a personalized 8X8 auto-attendant message answering calls, and with a press of one button, customers and vendors get connected to the person or department that they need. No more answering and hanging around the phone at the office. Voice mail messages are emailed to me. I can listen and forward the voice mail to whom I need to handle the situation. They don't have to dial in or anything. The message is an attachment. Also, I get to set business hours, set messages, and control the phone system from an app and the website. The app also allows me to answer the lines and monitor things from anywhere with internet service or cellular internet. A great option and system for my company and I.

Pros

Ease of use, and I can adapt it to my needs whenever I want. The list is long: Record your voice mail message for different situations. Set your auto attendant to direct calls to your employees. Voice mail messages emailed to you. Forward voice mail through email. Make changes through the app or online. Answer your phone thorough the app...You don't have to be in the office to answer the office phone. We have bus, ness cards with one number and let the auto attendant direct the call. Best cost I found for office systems. And you can expand it.

Cons

I have found none. The system works great and gives me access to things like voice mail messages emailed to me. So, I can listen to voice mail right then and there. No need to call in and punch numbers to get a voice mail message.

Jahiezer from Apok, C.A.

the ofice is any place in the world with this app

Pros

It is very helpful, i work with people in diferents place in my contry and allover the world, with this app bussines not only become more eassier, also become more productive and successful. The UI make you want to married te app and the features that they provied you are just the one me and my team need

Cons

They have a lot to immproved in some OS like android or linux, in this OS the app go into bugs and some features stop working, things that do not happent in IOS, and the support center can not solve this issues. Another thing that is menor but still i think is a problem is the fac taht they shot down the fax feature, ok i understand that fax are becoming obsolet but when you work with people in diferents areas that tool is very time saver

Quickly improving to be a solid calling tool

Pros

8x8 checks all the basic boxes. It's easy to use for people who don't want to spend a lot of time getting to know the bells and whistles, but powerful enough to meet the needs to super users. Cross-platform functionality is good and the experience between desktop/mobile has recently been brought into alignment with updates 8x8 has made. The company clearly cares about it's customers too as they are happy to come onsite for training and driving user adoption.

Cons

While the applications have drastically improved, a few small and large things annoy users. First, some of the interface screens still have not been updated to a high-definition visual, resulting in certain screens (like the login screen) leaving the application feeling out-dated and slightly disjointed. Second, and perhaps the biggest concern, is call quality can sometimes suffer, even with an excellent internet connection. If users experience a call breaking up, they are inclined to default back to personal phone lines and bypass 8x8 to ensure a solid call experience. This quickly erodes confidence that 8x8 can deliver a seamless call. To be fair, the call quality has been improving drastically and this issue plagues the mobile app less and less.

Dallas from crewtracks

8x8 works great for an ip phone client

Works well to manage and make calls from my computer, nice that I can connect it to my actual deskphone or just use the internet to make calls all from my work number. The mobile android app was not as easy to use and receive calls on.

Pros

I use the computer app to manage my phone calls and texts from my work number. It works as needed, and it's nice that I can even text from there too.

Cons

I downloaded the app to my phone to make calls from my work number using my cell phone, and when receiving and making calls from there, I had multiple people tell me they couldn't hear me, and then I will hang up and call again using my cell phone's default dialer, and it's better. The mobile app had some other small hangups, ended up deleting it and just using the computer program while at my desk.

Kimberly from Newton by Agency Systems

8x8 Business Use

Overall, as long none of the 'cons' above are happening, it functions just fine!

Pros

- I use the phone app for 8x8 so when I work remotely, I can take work calls. - I use the desktop application when I'm in the office to see who's on calls. - Pretty easy to change internal ring groups.

Cons

- Frequently have to re-download the desktop application because it will start locking up, or showing co-workers on their phones, when they are not. - Frequently have to re-boot deskphone because 8x8 will show I have / don't have voicemails when I have / don't have any.

Taylor from Mixeva

Works fine but terrible support.

Not a great company to deal with, look elsewhere.

Pros

The phone system did what it was supposed to do and was relatively easy to configure despite a somewhat outdated looking interface and backend.

Cons

Custom support is really poor with this company. I would spend your money elsewhere with someone that takes care of paying customers.

jarmi from Apok, C.A.

get in touch with all coworkers and clients faster than ever

Pros

Before i started to use this app i haved a slow perfomance when i try to keeped in touch with my team becouse we live in diferent areas, but when we find this app, things change, now we can keep in touch all the time any moment, just like we were together. the software run on multiple plataforms so we dont have to adap to the software. The tools to integrate all the team members in one screen, i love it

Cons

the price is a little to hig for smalls bussines. Altough works in multiple plataforms, the perfomance tends to change depends on wich system you are, for example: In iOS system works great but in Android divices some times get bugged

Danny from CWIE

Cloud based PBX and contact center.

Our company recently moved from an on-prem system to 8x8 as a full cloud based solution for phone services. We were able to move all our services, and port over all our numbers with no impact to our clients.

Pros

Flexibility and mobility of deployment anywhere. Single dashboard to report on usage per user or per line Compatible with our existing phones Mobile App

Cons

The PBX solution is very easy to use and convenient. The contact center while its easy to use it is managed through a web browser. This took a new learning curve for our staff to get used to and be able to properly use the system.

Fraud support

Horrible customer service

Pros

not much. It wasn't really the best experience I ever had

Cons

Poor customer support for a fraud case. They don't even care.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual Office by 8x8

good sales person

Casey from CrewTracks

Mediocre

It has done its job. Can't say I love it but also can't dislike it. Functions well

Pros

I have not found a lot to be excited about with this product. While it does what it is supposed to, I have found it very frustrating to log in and change some of my settings (call forward etc).

Cons

Seems like every time I try to do something I need administration access. That may be on my end but it is annoying. I can't even log in via the app with out an admin key code so I do not use the app.

Good VOIP phone service, but support has turned to garbage and apps are laggy

Sadly, after many years of use, I can't recommend it anymore due to the problems described above with support and their poorly-written apps. Their core technology is good though and it would be possible to return to good service and bring in some good talent to fix these issues, but who knows if that will happen. Why don't companies learn how much customers HATE the terrible off-shore support experiences that they have to deal with in so many industries these days?

Pros

We use desktop VOIP phones, the mobile app, and the desktop app. They offer a "call park" feature that other system don't, allowing a parked call to be picked up from any other phone in the office, as opposed to other systems where you only put a call on hold and can then only pick up from the same line. The call quality is good, regardless of which access method used.

Cons

TERRIBLE support. Years ago, support was US-based, fast answer, easy to understand (native English), and always had the right answer. Reps used and knew the system. In the past years it has all shifted to Singapore where they are hard to understand, hardly understand your question, and don't seem to know the answer to anything without putting you on hold and going somewhere to look it up. Obviously a cheap off-shore call center. I tried their support chat last time and it was worse - on hold forever and huge delay between replies while they obviously worked other chats. The desktop app is pretty poor. They gave it a facelift, but its super slow to open and use - not sure what language they wrote it in. Half the time I use it to try to play back a voicemail, I have to hit the play button multiple times as it's unresponsive. The "new message" indicator never seems to clear. I use their web interface to play back call recordings for training. Most of the time they won't play through their antiquated web interface, giving only a spinning "wait" cursor. Instead, I have to select a batch to download as a ZIP file and play them locally. Even when the web interface does work, there's no area for taking notes or anything to attach to the recording for future reference. A colleague with a Mac can't even use the client anymore because it won't work on newer versions of macOS. Their support was unable to solve. He gave up. I can no longer recommend 8x8.

Cheryl from Joy Jay Inc.

Why Broadband Phones for Offices?

Why do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important to have a phone system that can pull the load. I love the fact that I have an automated attendant that can play any message I record on it. I can custom fit it to our office and place any message I want our patients to hear. Now lets get down to the flexibility of this phone system. Ready? I can answer calls from a phone, on the computer, on an app on my cell phone anywhere. This company has the ability to track any call that comes in. If a patient does not leave a message I can still get in touch with them to help them out. New people calling in also can get a call back even if they do not leave a message. Now you say if you had a big staff you would not need to have to call them back you would answer the phone. True, but I save on staff salary, and possible lack of staff motivation this way. I roll the money back into the practice. If I am doing office work in another location and it is after hours I am still able to monitor the calls and call them right back. If it is an emergency they can get scheduled very quickly. The team at 8x8.com can customize your phone needs for any size office. They were able to help me out when I needed a fax machine very quickly lets, say in the next two hours. I still remember that day that I called my sales rep out in the West Coast about 6:30 am and he went far and beyond to help our company set up a broadband fax machine. He grabbed his coffee and within 2 hours my fax machine was up and running. This helped our patient with keeping an appointment that they need to go to and not have to reschedule. The office that sprang the surprise on us was quick to note how fast our team came threw. 8X8.com is part of our team because I feel that we are on the same team. You will not get a better team working for you when it comes to your phone needs. This team is BAA compliant for medical and dental offices. Also not just medical and dental but for insurance companies, accountants and many other offices that fit into HIPPA compliance. Love working with their technology team when I need to change anything on my phone system. These guys are great to work with and I guess that is why we have been going strong with them now since 2014.

Pros

The 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!

Cons

Our office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.

Joel from Joe East Inc

I Recommend 8x8 All the Time!

I work with a lot of different companies and help them choose a variety of software and technology vendors. Normally when we are replacing phone systems I look at 8x8 as one of my top three choices for each client. So far we have only had one client where it wasn't a fit due to the large number of lines they needed 8x8 to manage and the cost associated with that. Overall every client I have connected with 8x8 has ended up loving them. The service is excellent as long as you have stable Internet and their customer service is outstanding.

Pros

- Feature rich VoIP system for low monthly cost per line - Get discounts the more lines you add - Offers virtual soft phones for no additional cost - Solid variety of physical office phones to choose from; phones come pre-programmed just plug them in and they work - Call management and users can be edited from the portal easily - Very reliable servers and service - Offers free testing tool to see how well your Internet and network would handle their service - Port your existing numbers and add new ones

Cons

- Completely dependent on your Internet connection; if you have bad or spotty Internet your phone call quality will be poor - If you have a lot of numbers to port over (more than 100 or 1000 for a call center) their per number port fees are higher than other providers even at the discounts

Joel from Vital Mantra

Simple to use phone system management

The biggest benefit gained is simple incoming and outgoing call management. I have over 70 clients who could call at any given time and it is important to be able to easily view any missed calls/voicemails/text messages so that I can return the calls. I've found 8x8's service to be more than satisfactory, especially considering the price point.

Pros

The visual layout of this application is intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to mange incoming and outgoing phone calls from my desktop. I also appreciate how easy it is to add contacts as they call in. The application provides handy desktop notifications which allow me to stay on top of any missed calls/voicemails/text messages I missed while I am away from my business phone.

Cons

This application can be a bit of a resource hog. My computer is a few years old already and runs it just fine but anything older would cause me concern. If you do not restart your computer periodically, the application can start to have issues showing notifications. I've begun restarting my computer every 3-4 days (for reasons including 8x8 software and more) and have not seen the issue since.

Brett from JB Developers Inc.

Pros and Cons

Now that we've ironed out most of the issues we had initially, I like the product and would recommend that people consider it if they are shopping for alternatives.

Pros

I like that I can utilize the IOS application to receive calls business calls to my business number on my personal cell phone. It allows me to leave me desk more frequently.

Cons

The set-up process was a disaster for us. I'm sure there is blame on both ends, but it took our company roughly three months to get all of the kinks worked out.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual Office by 8x8

Price.

Keyana from IntuitSolutions

8x8 is especially useful when employees are working from home and need to be accessible to clients.

Pros

Without this software - particularly, its mobile app - it would not be possible for me to work from home ever. With the app, I am able to keep in touch with clients by phone, without them ever having access to my personal cell phone number or even knowing that I'm not actually in the office. The call quality is sometimes even better than that of my Verizon cell phone quality, which says a lot. I am continuously surprised and pleased by how clear and loud each call is, even when clients are calling from a mobile line.

Cons

The desktop app and website could use a refresh. They're both easy enough to navigate, but are a bit dated in appearance. In terms of functionality, I find that the mobile app will sometimes "time out" when I start using another program, and I realize once I'm back in the office that I've missed a call or two. I've had that happen on two different cell phones, so I'm certain it's 8x8 and not anything I'm doing. That's obviously a major con for the software, so a bug like that needs to not happen ever.

Ganesh from USTech Solutions

Best Communication Software

small UI mistakes make it look bad, But overall a good product.

Pros

Best softphone services with multiple changeable numbers, Its the best virtual office with multiple features when compared to its competitors. It also provides visual voicemails, phone directory, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, web conferencing and many more.

Cons

There aren't many cons I faced. The con that I feel is with instant messaging. When you and your colleague are using virtual office and there is a new update and if your colleague updates the software and if you didn't then neither of your would be able to communicate, until you both are on the same version of the software. When you add a new unknown number to chat and didn't send any kind of text to that number and you suddenly switched to another chat, BOOM then you won't be able to find that number, you need to add that number again. (Only in New updated UI version) These are some of the minor Cons I faced in my everyday usage

June 2016

John from Think Smarter Inc.

June 2016

I'm a big fan of Virtual Office and here's why

Pros

Virtual office provides so much value for my company. At first, I thought it may be out of my price range but once I started it up and tried it out, I realized it's a steal for everything they offer. Not only does the Virtual Contact Center work as a medium between the customer and whoever can get to the phones at that time, it frees up so much of the middle-man work and the cost I would be spending on someone to be a greeter can go to more lucrative programs. The Contact Center sure is valuable, but the real value comes from the Virtual meetings office software. I say this because my team does a lot of off-site work as well as hiring freelancers for shorter jobs. Being able to meet with a whole room of people in any country and time-zone is so valuable for my business!

Cons

Like I described in the top paragraph, I initially had doubts about the cost. These doubts were crushed when I saw all of the value that this product adds, however it could always be cheaper. The only other qualm I have is that it definitely seems to be more positioned to larger companies. I have a smaller business with fluctuating team sizes so Virtual Office isn't quite as agile as my team.

Alicha from ELEAD

A perfect 10

I've had the pleasure of interacting more with 8x8 over the last year, after submitting my story for last year's contest. I have to say that I do not have a vendor that accepts and gives as much feedback as this one does. I run a team of account managers who are given company laptops and cell phones to be available after hours. Thanks to the 8x8 software and app, we are able to keep up with all communications, even when we're not in the office. This ability is absolutely invaluable to us. On top of this, as a manager I use the 8x8 reporting tools to show my leadership team how productive my agents are. Being able to show value in my department's work is invaluable to me as a leader. All in all, I am neither highly technical nor IT; but as an end user, I can truthfully say that I truly appreciate this company and its product. I and my team would not be able to do our jobs without it.

Pros

Ease of use; ease of access; remote access

Cons

I have honestly not found anything I dislike about this app

Swapnil from Vantage Commodities Financial Services, LLC

Easy to set up and easy to use VOIP phone system

Modernized our 8-year-old phone systems. Easy to use for the young crowd.

Pros

1. Ease of setup of physical phones in the office 2. Cloud management and cloud access with adequate permissions to everyone 3. I love the Fax feature as we have to send out faxes to old-school customers and/or government agencies. This fax feature is similar to uploading documents in an email. 4. I love the voicemail to email feature too. When there are a lot of voicemails, instead of going through multiple messages serially, you can just open email to hear it on your phone or PC. 5. Their call forwarding feature is great too. When you are not on the phone, or when management is at some conference, they get their calls on their cell phones if needed.

Cons

1. The phone ethernet line has to go through your PC. So every time you restart your PC/shutdown your PC, the phone restarts. 2. I had initial privacy concerns due to the line going through the PC. We agreed to it due to the reputation of the company.

Great for the price though a little clunky

all the benefits of a complex multi line phone system with none of the cost, maintenance or headache.

Pros

8x8's Virtual office has made it easy to setup our own VOIP phone system without an in house IT guy. It allows us to have multiple lines, mailboxes and to customize our phone system to make it easier for both employees and our customers calling in. It is great that we can easily update extension number, greetings and voicemail messages on the fly. Also, the cell phone app and the ability to take my office extension on the go is wonderful.

Cons

The interface for desktop in particular seems old and outdated. It is not always easy to find what you need. The App for cell phone has vastly improved over the years and has become much easier to use, it would be nice to see the website follow suit.

Tatyanna from Counsel On Call

Very Convenient!

Overall I love 8x8 I truly enjoy the conference calls, the fact I can arrange calls choose the host for other people not only myself! I arrange for my boss to have calls, I receive real time confirmation as to who accepts the invite to join her conference call as well! 8x8 is very convenient, when I hover over an employee's name I am able to tell if they are away, busy , or available. I am also supplied with extension and direct dial. I highly recommend this program, especially for businesses with multiple offices.

Pros

I have caller ID on my computer when a call comes through. It offers the option to video chat. I am able to schedule calls for my director. The calls have the option to be recurring! Super Cool features!

Cons

I do not like that the software rings my computer and my phone simultaneously. There probably is a feature to disable however. I also do not like that when I forward my calls, I do not have a caller Id to know that I am receiving a forwarded call from the office. However, again this could be user error and or my phone's setting. :)

Sheryl from DrJays.com

Reliable

Pros

Reliable Easy to use and maintain Easy to add and remove users as well

Cons

The call queue gets stuck sometimes and it shows a call on hold for like 15 minutes even when there's no one in the queue. I wish I could control the volume of just the ringer and also modify the ringtones. I wish the caller ID would show the name as well as the number. It would be nice if I could make the page slimmer, I like to keep it on the right side monitor and all the way to the right so I can also have an internet window open but it will not allow me to make the window less than 5 inches wide.

kim from vanguard organization

Perfect Product for our needs

I would recommend them highly for businesses.

Pros

After much research we went with 8x8. Their customer support and ease of use was the deciding factor. After getting everything was imported I had 90 days of unlimited support. They helped me set up the call flows and explained all the terminology that you need to know when going digital.

Cons

We wanted to add out on music on hold. as I have different music for different lines, after much searching by both myself ans support it was determined that the system does not allow for this.

Travis from Keene Advisors, Inc.

8x8’s technology is mediocre, the call quality poor, and it is significantly priced

Pros

I am a small business owner. I did extensive research into VoIP providers before selecting 8x8 for my business over three years ago. They had reasonable pricing at the time and offered a discount when I joined if I agreed to sign up for a 12-month term.

Cons

Their platform was not intuitive so the setup was painful. Eventually I was able to get the service up and running for my company. Immediately we noticed that the call quality was poor and unreliable. I had signed up to a 12-month term so we tried to make the most of it. As a new small business we were so busy trying to satisfy our customers that we didn’t have time to search for a new VoIP provider anyway. We suffered through 8x8 for 3+ years. Over time my team started taking calls on their personal cell phone's instead of through the 8x8 computer / mobile app because 8x8’s call quality was so unreliable. I did research and found a much more cost effective solution, which after testing also had better call quality and a more intuitive interface. When I tried to cancel my 8x8 services I was informed that because I had initially signed up for a 12 month term that I would be required to pay for over 6 months of remaining service even if I canceled and transfered the numbers. The services is so horrible that it was worth the ransom to leave 8x8. If you are a small business owner stay away!

We use Virtual Office daily with great satisfaction. Another plus is also being able to use a cell phone to receive calls. We are not always at our desk so if we are not, it will ring at our desk and then forward to our cell phone which is a huge plus if we are waiting on a very important call!

Pros

I like how easy it is to log onto 8 x 8 website and switch over our company messages under the auto attendant. It is also easy to add and/or subtract people from ring groups. There is also a nice selection of hold music to pick from! I never even thought about the hold music but we do have a lot of customers compliment us on the good hold music.

Cons

We are having issues with our main receptionist not receiving incoming calls, the phone will ring once for her and then goes on to the next person in line to receive calls. We are working with customer service to fix this issue but no solution yet.

Ivan from Reservation Genie

We use 8x8 to manage our business phone and voicemail

virtual phone system that manages our voicemail, multiple lines, and mutliple numbers.

Pros

I like 8x8 because it has some modern features like sending an email with voice recording of your messages.

Cons

The price is high compared to the function of the service. It limits your voicemail so you can only store about 30 messages before you have to login and delete them. The user interface is very complicated. Took me forever to figure out how to update my credit card on file because I can't tell how to login to the admin from the personal phone account.

Scott from Temple Los Angeles

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great

Pros

I help to set this up for my partners work. I’ve had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is Sada lightin I help to set this up for my partners work. I’ve had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is working from here and was super easy. Extremely reliable we’ve never had down time dropped or missed calls. I actually haven’t had to access customer service at all.

Cons

I actually don’t have any cons. And I have nothing to report from their office as a con. I don’t for see any problems at the moment, maybe it’s because that we run a small office of less than 30 people…?

Angela from Kunz Law

Decent Service, Terrible Customer Service

It's pretty sad when the call center you contact for service can't get in touch with your account rep or his supervisor for over a week.

Pros

Decent service for internet calling. Web application is fairly easy to navigate unless you're looking for customer service or tech support.

Cons

Customer service/tech support department don't communicate with each other and so one doesn't know what the other is doing or has done. Sales Rep/Account Manager is very, very hard to get in touch with but that is who I am always directed to call...

Alex from Prestige Motor Works Inc

Love it! Have been using the software for 4+ Years!

Best VOIP phone system, free e fax, call record, meeting, etc. We use this daily in our dealership where we receive 50+ inbound phone calls per day to 4 phone lines.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to install, the Customer Service reps are Great! It is priced competitively compared to most of the competition.

Cons

During the initial set up there were a few bucks during the installation that we did on a weekend. Unfortunately, there were not customer support reps to help on a Sunday. Not sure if that has changed, but when else would you install a new phone system!??

Ronda from Clinical SCORE

Industry: Market Research

Almost there

We are a small, mostly mobile company, so the ability to be seen as a cohesive unit is a great value proposition for us. Be warned to know when your anniversary date on your contract is, they will roll it over without warning and you cannot change it until the anniversary date.

Pros

The option for our associates to work from anywhere and seem to the client like they are at the office is key and is one of the BEST features about this software.

Very glitchy

We use this to replace our physical phone lines, but unfortunately it was a terrible experience company wide. This is constantly crashing and has terrible sound quality. I have never once completed a call without the other end asking me to dial back in from my cell phone instead.

Pros

It has a convenient app, which allows you to make global phone calls. It has a text chat and phone services option, allowing you to communicate in different formats.

Cons

The sound quality is horrible. I constantly get complaints that there is tons of background noise (while I am in a soundproof booth alone) or that I sound like I am under water/in a tunnel/have a mouth full of marbles which is hardly acceptable in general, never mind in a business setting. the constant crashing and necessary reboots I could look past and chalk it up to my computer, but the sound quality is a company wide issue.

Vince from Hear Here

Very happy with 8x8

We have been very happy with 8x8. We serve clients that use lots of other VoIP options and we get to see inside when we provide service...and what I see makes me like 8x8 even more. 8x8 has proven to be very reliable. The call quality is great and managing our settings is super simple. I have referred 8x8 to several of our customers that have also grown to love it.

Pros

Great call quality. Easy to use. Overall good value.

Cons

Can't upload your own custom voicemail greeting via the user portal. You have to send it though their customer service department, but it's usually pretty quick.

Adam from e3 Diagnostics

Industry: Medical Devices

Flawed, but not terrible

It's been ok. Gets the job done. Has its issues, but not a bad platform overall.

Pros

User interface is fairly intuitive. It's really easy to use instant messaging, access voicemail, and find contacts. The instant messaging feature is probably the best tool 8x8 Virtual Office has to offer.

Cons

It's very buggy. There will be times where it says I have unread messages when my mailbox is clear. It also crashes on me a lot. These are annoying issues, but they could also be much worse.

Michele from DAQRI

Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to use!

Pros

This software is very easy to use on my laptop of mobile phone. We collaborate a lot with international offices and 8x8 makes it really easy to call internationally from my phone or laptop. They also send voicemails directly to your email, which is a nice feature for people who work remotely.

Cons

Every once in a while it crashes and I have to restart the app. Also, sometimes it hangs when I try to shutdown my Mac so I have to force-quit to turn my laptop off.

October 2015

Roger from ExportAction, LLC

October 2015

How Virtual Office by 8x8 is helping our business

Pros

To start with vendor, we have used 8x8 since 2007 and they have always been helpful in sales and, occasionally, technical support. The product is reliable, performs well and is fairly priced. When we have experienced a problem, it has almost always been our fault and 8x8 has helped fix it promptly. I spend a lot of time in the UK and the Virtual Office by 8x8 helps keep me in touch with our US headquarters and clients in both countries - and saves me a fortune on cell phone charges. I no longer worry about call duration, or if a call is costing more than it is worth to our business.

Cons

I can't think of a response to this question.

Keegan from Generations Home Care

Good, but cumbersome and under-supported

Pros

- The ability to fax electronically. Being able to have updates emailed in about received faxes come was helpful for my HR team and having faxes come in as .PDF's made them much more malleable with our paperless systems.

Cons

- I have had numerous people comment on the horrible audio quality while talking over the mobile app (Android). - The limit of one account in the organization with the ability to fax was highly annoying. It limited the potential for the application in our use (Windows). - The GUI could have been organized more intuitively. It always seemed more complicated to change Forwarding settings than it needed to be to get the set up I needed (which was complex, but not the reason for the problems I was experiencing). (Windows and Android)

Decent communications suite for in-office and remote users

Pros

Overall, Virtual Office is easy to use with a nice set of tools. The mobile application allows for calls to be taken seamlessly on the go. Meetings and conference bridges can be configured quickly and there are available browser extensions that extend the features.

Bethany from BridgeHealth

We switched to a new phone system because of flaws in 8x8

Not the worst but not the best phone system

Pros

It has all the functions that are desirable in a phone system. Calls, IMs, faxing, etc. It is a classic phone system that can meet your minimum requirements and the dial-in app for creating meetings works well.

Cons

Our company switched to a new phone system because we would have frequent dropped calls and the IMs would not notify when a message was sent until hours later.

Christopher from Psychiatry Austin

Very difficult to use!

Pros

8x8 was referred to me by our IT person and the switch went great. The team that connected us and got everything set up was really good at everything they did. Maybe a little more training would have helped. There price is great however since I always had to reach out to my IT to work within the interface I can't say much money was saved.

Cons

This software is so extremely packed with different items to choose from and to maneuver around within the system to make any changes is definitely challenging. I wanted to simply forward to phones one weekend which should be an easy process but it involved so many steps that I had to get our IT involved which in turn cost us money of course.

Dan from Procentia, Inc.

Useful Product, but Suffers from QA Issues

Useful product that could use some additional QA TLC

Pros

Virtual Office includes a good number of features and options to link in to my phone, such as online chat, messaging, VM, Fax, and in-app meeting invites. The product is getting some attention from the dev staff in-house and new features are being rolled out at a reasonable pace.

Cons

There is a disparity between the "Classic" version and "New Look" in which features disappear from one to other. So you need to choose between a full featured app with an old clunky UI or a slick UI with limited features. We also suffer from frequent disconnects from the messaging service. As a result, we would often receive messages sent a day or more earlier.

John from PayTrace

program freezes often

Team members are able to accept/transfer calls. Having the queue system helps with work flow.

Pros

The UI is fairly easy to navigate. Also, the reporting and monitoring features come in handy for data collection and analysis.

Cons

The program freezes quite frequently. Team members are forced to restart the program on an almost daily basis, which ends up wasting a fair amount of time.

Filip from Dr Edwards LLC

Using 8x8

Pros

Cons

sometimes (and it did happen) the phones that we've ordered failed within several months but they were replaced promptly. It's worth to invest in a better phone.

Analise from Dynasty Home Health Care Agency

Mobile App is very Glitchy

Pros

We use 8x8 for our office and we typically don't experience issues with our in office phones. The service is pretty reliable for in office phones.

Cons

The mobile app is SO glitchy. There is a large delay from when a call is received in office versus when it starts ringing from the mobile app. It causes a lot of our calls to be missed. Sometimes, the app won't open fully in order for us to hit the answer button. It will freeze a lot and requires a lot of forcing close and reopening the app so it will function properly.

Kurt from Angel Water, Inc

I hope you speak Filipino or Tagalog.

Very poor service. Their call center is based in the Philippines and a huge language/sentence structure barrier exists. Every level o support you are transferred to you have to explain yourself multiple multiple times. It is exhaustive and a giant time vacuum. Their administration dashboard is very easy to navigate, but there are 2 to 3 different administration portals that you can access for reporting or analytics, but they contradict. It is almost impossible to figure out individual rep information and the logic in what they display is tied to useless information or information that leads the viewer down the wrong path and can cause a lot of confusion. There is minimal to no support for Mac OS users (we use both Mac and PC) and the versions don't talk to each-other. So our Mac users can not communicate via their chat-ap with our PC users. Overall, its system 'works', but God forbid if anything breaks or you need to expand or anything more complicated than a basic phone ring group needs to be set up. Be prepared to set aside an afternoon at minimum to try and accomplish anything.

Pros

Response time from support is quick. Online self service portal is a good source of info as well.

Cons

Support language barrier, limited or no Mac OS support, Overly complex reporting features and analytics.

Fantastic!!!!

Pros

We switched to 8x8 almost 3 years ago and it has been an amazing solution for our ever growing company.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything negative to say about 8x8. If there was one thing I could comment on it would be the price of their phones. Some of their competitors offer the phones for free when you add an additional line.

John from Turo

8x8 Review

I enjoyed using this in the office and liked how it would integrate with my salesforce to have one place to use

Pros

I liked the fact that the interface is able to have it's own window, which makes it easy to see all of your text messages and phone calls, and rolodex

Cons

The one thing that bothered me was how much it crashed. I feel like a lot of times, it would crash when I needed it to work, and then I would have to sign back in. I also hated how you'd have to change your password so many times

Jessica from Cameron Direct

Good for working from home

Pros

I like that I can easily use 8x8 Virtual Office from my cell phone when I am working from home. It is easy to download and use the app.

Cons

I do not like that 8x8 has so many glitches. Sometimes our whle department can't use the phone. Also it does not notify us when our mailbox is getting too full to take messages.

Jim from Master Restoration

Great solution for telecommuting

Pros

Full featured. Great sound quality on laptop mic and speakers. Appears to inbound and outbound parties that you are at your desk. Same phone number with an internet connection.

Cons

A little on the finicky side. Little things like password/username requirements, and occasionally challenging configuration.

James from Robert J. Whelan CPA, PC.

8x8

We are using this software to better attend to calls and faxes.

Pros

Product is a very easy to use product that helps when taking calls and getting faxes, as well as sending a co worker a message.

Cons

The only con is sometimes because its internet based it takes a few minutes to first load in the mornings.