Browse Bitly Reviews

Daniel from Pantang Hospital

Perfect tool for link shortening and tracking.

Bitly makes link shortening and management very fast and easy as it enables my team to share important and tidy links among ourselves at work. It also comes as a great help for my affiliate marketing business as I am able to share referral links and track them at thesame time.

Pros

Not only is bitly great for shortening links it also provides the additional feature of tracking the number of clicks the link generates. At work bitly is used among my team to shorten and share links pertaining to work among ourselves. This is great as undesirably long links are shortened to give them a neat nature. Personally as an affiliate marketer on the side I use bitly to refer products to people and track the number of clicks I get from my referrals.

Cons

The free version of bitly has very minimal features as compared to the paid versions. As a result if you want extra features like branded links, bulk link shortening and advanced analytics you would need to get the paid the versions.

Michael from Valor Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

Been using Bitly for years for a reason

Overall, the analytics are wonderful with bitly and have been a great commodity to me with clients. The only downside is that some of the links you really want may be taken since it's such a popular program. But that may be where the paid version of Bitly may come in handy.

Pros

I began using Bitly roughly 6-7 years ago to help me with my social media management. It was at a time where link shorteners were only known by a select few, so Bitly gave me a cutting edge. Well, all of these years later and I still use it because the analytics are so much better and the link shortener allows me to easily capitalize every first word in the shortlink i.e.: Bitly://ILoveBrownies versus bitly://ilovebrownies. I know the caps may not seem like a big deal, but I have another link shortener I pay for that just will not do this...and I notice the difference in my CTR with the caps versus the all lowercase letters. Also as I mentioned, I'm using the free version of Bitly, yet it's superior in analytics to the link shortener that I paid for. It's really helped me with backing up data and metrics with my clients.

Cons

Since so many people use bitly versus other competitors, some of the custom links you want may already be taken.

Better analytics available.

Gaurav from Gordon Food Service

Intuitive URL Shortening Tool with Analytics

I use Bitly software to solve the business problem of shortening the product or category landing page links, tracking their clicks and eventually, use those insights to optimize customer experience and drive higher sales by reducing user experience or content issues. For example: if a customer engages with our voice assistant tool to shop and is not able to find a product on our website, we want to help that customer using an auto generated link to that product and track if clicking that link made that customer more satisfied. So, benefit of Bitly is it improves customer engagement through shortened landing page links and allows us to track their experience on our site. Hence, helping us improve ROI of our online business.

Pros

I use Bitly software to shorten product and category links which have Google Analytics tracking tags appended to them. So, when the marketing team includes those links in chatbot, customers see a shortened version of the links with the tags hidden. This strategy ensures links are user friendly. And at the same time, enabled for tracking so I can report on which link drove the most clicks as well as who those engaged customers were. Ultimately, using Bitly allows my marketing team to improve customer engagement and retarget those customers to drive higher conversions - a simple recipe for success. I also use Bitly analytics if for some reason Google Analytics UTM tags don't work. So, a nice backup plan.

Cons

Couple of Bitly features are needing improvement. First, the ability to customize the landing page website link I am trying to shorten and include in chatbot. So, instead of showing a random string of characters in the shortened link, I would like to show a name of the page title clarifying what product or category that page is about. I feel this feature would drive higher click-through rate from customers who see that custom link. Secondly, the ability to integrate Bitly click analytics with UTM session activity and customer id. So, I can see an end-to-end experience of customers from link click to landing to buying a product or researching it. These holistic insights would help my marketing team to improve design and content.

Tina from Fantasybooksland

Industry: Publishing

Very useful link shortener

I use Bitly both to shorten links and to keep track of the clicks I get. It's an awesome tool. I'm really glad it exists.

Pros

It's super easy to sign up for a free account and start making your long links short. It's also awesome that you can customize the back half of the link so that people have an idea where your short link will lead them to. It's also awesome that it keeps track of the number of clicks your links had, and it also shows from what country the clicks were from. The paid version offers plenty of good features like customizing the first half of the short link or changing the landing page for certain links.

Cons

The customization of the back half of the link is case-sensitive, so if you make a link with a capital letter and then you share with people, say, offline, on printed promotional material, then some people who don't enter the link with the capital letter will not land on your desired landing page. But it's not a big deal. The solution is easy if you keep the links lower case. The number of clicks doesn't show how many clicks were made by the same person. I also wish they had some features that were available as a one-time payment not recurring monthly.

Fabrice from Polygo

One of the best url shortener

I use this application for click analysis but also the creation of QR code. This application allows a quick start thanks to its simplicity, its use allowed me to save time which is not negligible because this application although it is not automated in all its functionalities allows me this saving of time thanks to its statistics.

Pros

Bitly is an excellent url shortener, at the beginning it was very limited but since then we can customize its links. The click analysis on the short link generated is well done and this is very practical for communication campaigns on various networks. Bitly is a staple these days.

Cons

The free version is sorely lacking in features. And the paid version offers a lot of features but the cost is expensive.

December 2021

My go to link shortening and analytics service

Pros

It lets me quickly share links that are accessible to clients, regardless of platform. In addition, I have the ability to leverage analytics to monitor engagement and facilitate more meaningful interactions.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. There are a ton of alternatives in this space, but Bitly was my first and I've never found a compelling reason to try any of the others.

Arie from REIROM

Bilty..Simply..

Pros

I love Bitly..it helped me to connected my business to our customers with ease..

Cons

No, I don't have. So far so good. Keep up the good work..

Prince from PythonStacks

December 2021

Best URL Shortener for long and complex URLs/links.

I have being using Bitly several times both individually and at work to shorten URLs of hosted project files.

Pros

It is very easy to use and provides easy reporting tools to track URL statistics. By using Bitly, you have the choice of easy customization of your URL links.

Cons

There's hardly anything I like dislike about this service but I suppose they can improve on providing more reporting information on links.

Revanth from Conceptia Software Technologies Pvt Ltd

An Amazing Tool for URL tracking and Shortening

I had a lot of benefits from Shortened links, campaigning is quite good, Shortened URLs attracts people. Whenever I try to promote my Content I use use Bitly Shortened links to share with Audience.

Pros

Bitly is best when it comes to URL shortening and tracking, i.e., you can covert Long links into short which you can even track, such as how many clicks are done on shortened link. This shortened Link in very useful. Traffic tracking tool is best. The interface is simple, anyone can understand it quickly and also Bitly website is easy to use. When is comes for URL maintenance Bitly is best to choose.

Cons

Some Websites and Applications don't accept Shortened links, here bitly might be not useful. I wanted few more analytic options such click rates, tables etc. Hope they will implement more feature into the website.

Rainbow from Fat cat publishing

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great application

Like I said previously, it's a great application if you want to make your extra-long link shorter, and you can choose whatever name you want it to end with and it gives you the opportunity to know on what link your clients clicked on, because you can personalize it. I recommend it 100%

Pros

Very useful for people who need to shorten those long, never ending links. I use the free version and I find it amazing because they even give you the option to add your own link ending. For example: bitly.gofishingnow something like that.

Cons

I wish that the free version would allow us to change the name of the long link for something personal without using the word "Bitly" in front of it, but I know they have to make money somewhere.

Andres from UNAM

An excellent tool that supports the presentation and structure of documents.

It is good, easy to use and free, nothing to criticize.

Pros

Bitly is a high-quality, free and easy-to-use tool. Although it is a simple function, to shorten URL's, it is of great help so that the sources of consultation of a work are organized, avoiding long links.

Cons

The only disadvantage is that there are services that already include the option of a short URL, on those sites Bitly becomes unnecessary.

Bitly is the simple go-to for all your link-related needs

Besides working in the package/shipping industry from home, in my spare time, I do a lot of art and photography projects, with many other things in between. I love how I can use Bitly to shorten any link I need to use with the ease of just a couple of clicks. Bitly's simple, user-friendly software makes sharing things that are important to me, as well as profiting from links the easiest task of my day. They provide relevant, real-time analytics, enabling me to get the best statistics quickly and adapt accordingly. If you don't have a lot of time, or you consider yourself somewhat new to using software related to everything about links, I would definitely recommend trying Bitly's free plan to see how it can work for you.

Pros

What I enjoy the most about Bitly, is their pricing options. Bitly has subscription options available to meet anybody's needs. They have a variety of tools that come with each of their plans to help you succeed no matter what your needs are. With everything from a FREE subscription to a Basic plan, a Premium plan, or their conveniently customizable Enterprise plan, Bitly makes sure there are enough options available for everyone.

Cons

I was not too fond of the jump between their Basic plan and their Premium plan. The Basic plan they offer costs an affordable $29/month, securing a handful of great features. Then the price for a Premium plan jumps all the way up to $199/month! That is a huge spike in my opinion. You do get everything the Basic plan offers, plus advanced analytics, campaigns, UTM builder, mobile deep links, and the ability to integrate with 1k+ apps. Yes, this is a lot of great features. However, for the monthly price, the user must make sure that they're able to make a consistent and significant profit utilizing these tools.

Christos from JNBC

More than a url shortener

The most intuitive URL shortener with deep analytics. A must have for anyone that manages social media accounts.

Pros

We've been using bit.ly since the very first days, when it was just a URL shortener. Since then we've been happy to see it add more features such as deep analytics. We've been using the FREE version for all our clients' social media accounts for the last 4 years.

Cons

The paid versions are a bit expensive. Also, sometimes it can get a bit irritating when the custom URL you want to use has already been taken. You cannot hold on to URLs for later use.

Reasons for Choosing Bitly

Bit.ly had a much more intuitive interface

Ralph from Grey Orb Digital

Probably the Most Popular URL Shortener

My experience with Bitly has been very positive and pleasant so far. I would definitely recommend Bitly.

Pros

The most useful feature that I love about Bitly is that you customize the back half of the shortened URL even if you are using the free version of Bitly. The mobile app of Bitly is very easy to use too and very convenient to create links on the go. That is one cool thing about Bitly that a lot of these URL shorteners lack; URL shorteners hardly have dedicated mobile apps as Bitly does. Managing links on Bitly and filtering is very intuitive and makes sorting and navigating links really flexible. Bitly has a premium version to use custom domains for branding purposes, and redirection on Bitly's side is quite fast for the shortened links. The tracking and analytics feature is pretty solid and I always make use of it too.

Cons

I would love a feature that actually allows you to delete links that you no longer need, but I just can't seem to find that. You can only archive and hide links from the dashboard.

Oscar from Grupo Rinsel S.C.

They need a intermediate plan!

In the Free and Basic Bitly outstands every alternative, but the Premium Plan is just to High.

Pros

Bitly is a useful tool. It shortens your own url, but also help you shorten any other url. If you don't have any place to host a database, bitly can do it for you. Also they give you from basic to advanced analytics, that help you track your own links, this is great for many purposes.

Cons

It needs definitely an intermediate plan. The Basic plan ($29usd/month) is great for almost everyone that really needs a powerfull Bitly. But Some features on the Premium are not as important for many of us, but they charge the full plan. For example, we do not need QR Codes or Advanced analytics and Campaings, but we really want to use the UTM Builder , but we just won't suscribe to the Premium plan ($199usd/month) just for that.

Bitly is more reliable.

Jonathan from Bold Artistix Creative Marketin

It's Become A Way of Life

I use Bitly constantly to shorten and personalize links for branding and aesthetic purposes. It's incredibly easy using their website, or a browser extension. A nice plus is the ability to track link activity, which helps us determine which links are performing well and how our content is flowing though the internet. We constantly suggest using Bitly to our customers and friends, and many of them do once they see how much better links can look.

Pros

When I first signed up years ago, all I wanted was easy link shortening. Links were becoming ridiculously long and absolutely hideous to share. Now, it's not just shortening, it's "Link Management." That's a much better description of what they do, because you have an analytics suite for your links. We love link-based tracking because we do lots of social media posts both for ourselves and our clients. In hand with Google Analytics, Bitly helps us determine which of our posts is most effective, and helps us tailor our message to our customers much more effectively.

Cons

Bitly's service is so simple, it's difficult to not like anything. They shorten links and give you analytics. If I had to ask for something, it would be more information about each click, but even that's pushing into privacy and tracking concerns. I think Bitly does a good job of giving you information about your links without being too invasive.

Best url management tool

We now shorten our long urls without problems, most importantly we shorten so many urls within minutes due to Bitly's bulk url management ability. We brand our urls and we get best analytics of the urls.

Pros

We shorten a bulk of urls with ease thereby avoiding breakage of the urls when we send them to clients. We also brand them to build trust in our customers that the links are legit. Bitly gives us all needed data according to what it gathers from the url visitors including their demographics and behavior on our website. Bitly also helps in campaign management that enables us to walk a client through the marketing process with ease.

Cons

Bitly has done the best so far and it satisfies our needs, only that it has weak privacy settings to control accessibility when working as a team.

Reasons for Choosing Bitly

Bitly does not lag and works smoothly on all our devices as it integrates well with our systems for clients management.

Nathan from Best Practice Medicine

Shorter the better

Excellent software tool. Simple, helpful, and a key tool for any savvy marketer.

Pros

We use bitly in all kinds of contexts. Putting long links in Youtube descriptions, for example, takes up way too much space, so using bitly is perfect--and a better experience for the user. We've also used it in the classroom when teaching and training. We give the students a bitly link on the white-board to go to for key online information or to review the training. Makes things easier for our clients and us!

Cons

The links seem to be case sensitive, which isn't made clear when you set the links up. Be aware of this when you create links people may need to type into their phone/laptop (like links you put on physical marketing materials). People will probably not type in the various capital letters you put in your link and your link may not work. All that said, it's very simple and works. And it's free!--for most of the basic stuff, anyway. Using "bitly" may not always be a great branding option for your link needs--but that's where the paid version will help you create branded links to your heart's content.

Reasons for Choosing Bitly

Hubspot has a link shortening tool we often use in our social media efforts, but I find bitly faster and easier to use on many occasions when working away from the hubspot platform.

Rafael from Iscte Business School

A must-have tool for URL shortening and analytics

Overall, my experience with Bitly is great, as it is the main platform I use for shorten URL links. I am using the free account and the features offered on this version are very accessible and reliable. The value-for-money is just perfect and the possibility to customize links is indeed a must! The statistics and analytics offered by this very software are amazing and it is a great digital marketing tool. For these many reasons, Bitly has my confidence and I can easily recommend it to any individual.

Pros

What I like the most about Bitly is the possibility to customize shorten URLs and to track all the statistics and analytics of these very URLs, such as the source of the clicks, their timing and many more. Even with the free account, there are lot of features easily accessible on this software. Bitly is indeed an amazing digital marketing tool, if used properly.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is, in fact, the dashboard's layout: I consider it could be even more intuitive, accessible and easy to use. Another thing I would like to see implemented is the possibility to edit a link after it is published. Sometimes mistakes can happen and it would be great to solve them by just editing the shortened link. Other than that, I have no more negative points to mention about this very software.

MD Shahporan from Halal IT

My only one suggegted website for short any link

It was long time ago when I start my CPA and Affiliate marketing. that time I have to share my affiliate link to everywhere. but I can't share that, because many other sites block me, then I find this bitly. I start short my affiliate link with bitly and that I succeeded in my work. I can't get block any more to share my link. I share this more and more time. from that day I start use bitly. today I also fan of bitly.

Pros

I like their link shorten the process. and also there supporting option. when I short my link that link supports all site. so, I easily use my link in many sites. Bitly take short time to short any link. that's also good. there is no website who short very small link like bitly.

Cons

There is nothing to least about it. but if they give us some unique and different link for share that will be good. Some site did not support bitly link, so, that's it. overall bitly is my most favourite site to promote my link.

JAZE from PoohdingWear

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Shorten URLs With Bitly, Quickly!

I think I am going to stick to the free plan for future use. It is still viable to use their service but since it's just for part-time affiliate marketing, that Basic paid plan seems like a bit of an overkill for me now.

Pros

On the Bitly dashboard, I can not only monitor the links I've created, but I can actually see how many times a link has been clicked as well as who may have referred my link to get clicks which is great if you're into gathering stats like that.

Cons

From doing in depth research, it seems as though I am better off buying my own domain for the price I am paying on their Basic plan. I could set up Google Analytics to gain all those reports they give me and still walk away with a bit of a saving to be quite honest. So maybe the subscription fee shouldn't be too high.

Reasons for Choosing Bitly

Bitly in my opinion is the original URL shrinker so I thought it would be best to test their service out first.

Anant from Priyansh Animations

Your go to link shortening service!

Bitly is the best alternative to goo.gl that we have found. We have been using it regularly since over 2 years. I will surely recommend it to everyone. The free plan is mostly enough.

Pros

We used to have goo.gl as our link shortening service, and after its shut down, we moved over to Bitly. - Just put in your link and it will generate a new short link, its that easy. - Link customization! Its one of the best features of this service. - Top notch analytics provided by Bitly, organized and modern clean interface. - You can use your own short domain with Bitly, this is a very unique service that we surely will use in the near future.

Cons

There are a lot of limitations in the free plan. Even the basic plan is a little limiting. The cost is very high at $300 a month, the monthly Premium package is too expensive. There are often glitches here and there.

Fidelis from Fidexwebs

Bitly Review 2021

My overall experience is great. Bitly to me is the best when it comes to link shortening. Its analytical dashboard is great which helps me to track my link as well as the visitors.

Pros

Bitly software is a web-based software that helped me to shrink or shorten my long page or advertisement URL/link into a small readable link bearing Bitly domain name. Bitly has helped me a lot to prevent my link to be seen as a scam or harmful link. I used it in TikTok which always reject my link. After shortening my link and using bitly, the shorten link was accepted and I can easily promote my affiliate product. It is easy to use and can be integrated with many other products or software. It has link clicks analytical features which help me to know the number of people that clicked my link and their country.

Cons

Their customer service is poor, they need an instant response onsite chat channel/bot for instant reply. Also looking at their upgrade plan as compared to their features, it is very expensive.

roy from Digital Marketing

its more than link shortning tool

I have been using bitly almost as long as I have been using social media. Its so easy to use and obviously the best feature is the ability to customize any url with the naming you want.

Pros

1. Shortens long ugly urls into short links that can be customised by any name. 2. URL tracking: one you shorten your url and use it on any social media channel or campaign you will be able to track clicks from your users. 3. Its free. Although the in the free plan you cannot customise your url name, you can still use it to shorten your ulrs and track clicks

Cons

1. Although you can track analytics, bitly is not the best solution if you are thinking on using it as an analytics tool as it only stores 30 reports for 30 days. 2. Once bitly shortens your url you cannot change link meaning that if you want to change it you will need to create it again.

Melissa from North Carolina Virtual Academy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Here's to Making Lengthy URLs Accessible

Overall, Bitly has proven to be a very useful and convenient tool for sharing links with students and other staff members.

Pros

The application shortens extremely long URLs and even allows customization of newly generated URLs. The ability to sign up and log in to save, catalog, and retrieve links is critical when teaching because I have to share convenient, easy-to-access hyperlinks with my students in a virtual learning environment. The QR code generation feature is very nice for those with the ability to scan and go.

Cons

Users have to upgrade from the free account to customize URLs. Additionally, the dot in the middle of the Bitly portion of the URL is difficult for students to remember.

Faigie from Geminix Strategic Consulting, LLC

A Must-Have in any marketers toolbox

Bitly is a 'Must-Have' in any marketers toolbox. We've been using Bitly for quite a number of years now. Its super simple for even an entry-level team member to manage. Being able to brand our links with custom extensions and tags has been a huge value to our marketing team. We've created so many custom urls and are easily able to share and track them. With Bitly we can keep our links short, trackable, and looking great!

Pros

What I like most about Bitly is its absolute simplicity. As a marketer, I use Bitly on a constant basis to shorten and also track our content. I also love the custom link aspect, as I can 'brand' my links, and file them for access as needed. Best link shortening tool... and I've tried many!

Cons

Integration to our existing solutions was simple, and the chrome extension is perfect. It's a simple platform, but that's what we love about it.

Incredibly Quick and Easy URL Shortener

Upon taking on a new client with a social media component at work, I immediately thought of Bitly for sharing links to our website. Bitly is a well-known URL shortener that helps us meet the character limit on Twitter and also track clicks to our URLs.

Pros

Bitly is incredibly easy to use. Anyone can pick up on how to create a bit.ly link in mere moments. Upon creating and logging into an account, all one needs to do is copy and paste a link into Bitly, and the shortened bit.ly link is created - and can be edited - in no time at all. This is incredibly helpful for posting links on Twitter where there is a character limit for posts.

Cons

The free plan is fairly simplistic. While having an account is beneficial to track clicks, the site is missing the ability to make a bit.ly link without needing an account.

Varsha from My India Art Handicrafts

Easy Short URL's & Track Also

The overall experience of bitly is really great to use and share with other people too. In my professional experience on daily basis we have to share many online content and keep records. We prefer to use bitly to create short urls to share and keep it in xls sheet.

Pros

I love this tool because it gives amazing facility and services to create short URL's with tracking feature to know how it has been performed and where it has been clicked mostly.

Cons

I don't like the Limitation in free version or a price of starter pack - the price could be a bit less for startups. So we can also avail the other great features like branded links, branded link redirects.

Reasons for Switching to Bitly

Google dosen't provide tracking feature, and also sometime got stuck when crawl some data in URL posting.

Alberto from Self Employed

URL shortener made it easy

My experience with Bitly has been good, but the pricing model has to be updated to satisfy small users' necessities.

Pros

Bitly is a powerful and easy tool to use. The free version is already enough for base users, but it doesn't offer flexibility like the premium one. I like the capability to personalize each link and have real-time analytics feedback in the premium version. Moreover, I can connect Bitly with third-party apps for boosting productivity.

Cons

One of the main cons of Bitly is the price for the basic premium version. Even the amount of links that can be created is limited to just 1.5k. It would be great to have a different pricing level based on the number of links that can be created.

Shivani from Benzara Ecommerce

Industry: Warehousing

One click url shortner

Overall experience is good and I use bit.ly daily for productivity.

Pros

Not only URL shortner, it performs and gives analytics for each shortnened URL. Not only that, it gives the location of the click performed on the URL. Thus it is a complete suite for URL tracking. For example: you have a resume hosted on google drive, you can shorten the URL of the long google drive address for resume and share the shortened URL to employers. Thus you can track the click too.

Cons

BITly helps in achieving all the requirements you expect from a URL shortner. I don't have any dislikes for the same. Still they can update their android application opening time. It takes some time to load the application on smartphones.

Finally they implemented a easy way to have custom URLs

Pros

Bit.ly is easy to use. That's it. Shortening URLs in a fast, straightforward way.

Cons

It was very very hard to have a "premium" account in bit.ly. If you wanted to have a branded short url (such as coke.url) you had to call to a US phone and talk to a analyst so they can sent you a "special offer". That was a bummer and I lost so many timings because I had to explain my client that I was "waiting for bit.ly to answer" - specially if you live abroad. Now, it seems that they changed this. Another thing is language: there is only english in the platform. It would be great if they have main languages, such as spanish, chinese and brazilian portuguese.

Goo.gl was ended.

Great in Communications

Really great in general, but an awesome solution for a larger org with many different business groups, product lines, etc. Ability to have custom domains made links easy to understand, identify, and trust when sharing with the broader org.

Pros

At two different organizations, we've had regular communications that were drafted weekly or bi-weekly that would require links to content on sharepoint or saved in other areas. These links were too long and sharing management per each communication would have been too much effort and upkeep. This helped us get static links down to a manageable and easy to understand length. Tidied up the PDFs and we received positive feedback from the people in the field as Bitly was something they recognized in general.

Cons

The only con that I could possibly note is that unless you go with the Basic or custom pricing options, it can be a little limiting based on your needs as an organization. We started out with Basic and then moved on to a custom plan to allow for more user seats and custom domains to accommodate other areas of the business.

Nkululeko from Caiphas Inc Marketing Agency

Bitly review

It help me and my team to keep on track on everything especially if you are Internet marketer you should know where most of your traffic coming from.

Pros

Most thing I like about the software link shorten and branding, if you have a long ugly link it helps to keep it short and rename it after your product or service. Analytics and Tracking, it helps me keep on track where is my traffic coming from and how many clicks I'm getting into a specific country. Free plan- if you cannot afford a paid plan, you also get a free plan

Cons

The Bitly link in some places are banned but so far I it great software. There are some features you can't get from a Free plan.

Jeheen Mahmood from Personas

The quickest link tool out there

I use it mostly for personal or lowkey office work. One of the major use for me is to create links for blogs or articles that are too long otherwise to use in our social media posts. I have used it to create short links for emails too, to embed them in my emails to track the performance of the links and run segmentations.

Pros

I simply love the simplicity of bitly. I have subscriptions from several link shortening and tracking tool. But whenever I need a quick shortening, I always go to bitly. I know this is one of the most powerful tools in this field, but our office subscribes to a couple of other tools that the managers prefer for heavy lifting like branding, CTAs and remarketing tasks. But for a simple link tracking and shortening, I am yet to see a tool that can beat bitly.

Cons

I honestly can not think of one. Their UI was outdated, and that was a little itch for me. But they now have a slick modern UI, so there is nothing to complain about.

Reasons for Switching to Bitly

We like bitly's interface and features more. Also, goo.gl was shut down.

Tracy from Dream247Deals

no more long ugly links

i use short links evey day i find they look better than most long links and saves space on social media posts that have a limit , some links you convert to short links do state who the link is for such as ebay or amzon but not all i like to let readers know the links are fine to click but not everyone wants to click a short link that doesnt show a preview. the dashboard is simple to read and use i like to track how many clicks a link gets in a day and can with bitly which lets me know if a product link is good or bad

Pros

short links great for social media ability to customize links track clicks on links with ease hen logged into your account

Cons

you can only make so many links each day as a free user if you plan to make more than 50 links a day best get a paid one

Ron Elius from Ron Elius Santos Copywriting

Shorten your links in a Customized Way

Really Satisfied!

Pros

This tool is so amazing! I don't have to worry for long and ugly URLs, you can customize it using Bitly. Most problems that I encounter are those URLs that aren't personalized, meaning if you can personalize at least your URL to make it more beautiful and inviting then you must use Bitly to shorten and customize your URL. And it's really easy! Just paste the long URL and surprised! It's already shorter. Bitly helped me so much and I love this tool.

Cons

The only Cons that I encountered is the mobile experience. But the Pros of this tool outweighs this Cons but I really hope they can improve their Mobile UX.

Elyse from Self-employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Makes promoting and sharing your work easy

I'm so grateful that Bitly has given me a way to shorten URLs with ease. That way, I can spend all that extra time (and extra characters) telling the world about what I do. Bitly helps us share the things we love. And that's why we love Twitter, isn't it?

Pros

As a freelance writer, I'm on Twitter all. the. time. It's one of the primary ways I get my work out in the world, so I've got to make every character count! Bitly helps me make sure that every precious word gets spent describing the work itself, not wasted on http address nonsense.

Cons

I really have no beefs with Bitly whatsoever. I'm just waiting until it doesn't have a free option anymore--may that day never come!

Qamar from Aviation Authority

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Bitly is more than a weblink shortener

It's an immense pleasure for me to be a part of Bitly's platform. It's an intelligent tool and takes less time to shorten URLs. I am enjoying its features.

Pros

I always got frustrated to send someone a lengthy web link, and then I started using Bitly, which resolve this issue. Just paste your link on Bitly, and get it short. That's what I created using Bitly, but I found so many other cool features available on Bitly. It provides branded links and customization along with custom domain essentials as per the payment plan. Bitly supports companies shine by transforming their relations into authoritative tools for marketers and customer care units. Bitly also provides custom links, which replace 'Bitly' with our selected domain name, making our links constantly familiar across networks. It's a fantastic platform, which is essential for data and analytics for better brand management.

Cons

Bitly has a free version, but it has minimal features if someone wants to use all its features, comprehensive guidelines are required. Despite this, it works well.

Reasons for Switching to Bitly

It provides links to shorten your URLs, instead doing this job directly.

Sarah from IOH

Bitly is a great tool for shortening links

As a heads up, I've used paid services for short linking with analytics. Bitly does similar with their free plan as other competitors with paid subscriptions, only, some of the paid subscriptions may have better analytics. All in all, it's a wonderful tool for digital marketers, bloggers, Youtube creators, affiliate marketers, and other internet creators to shorten their link with a customized domain that will get way more click-throughs than dropping your longer link.

Pros

I really like that you can use custom links for free with such great data insights with click-through-rates. We've even used Bitly with our clients on our marketing/business side to show them their click-hough rate. This has been extremely helpful because there are some clients who are skeptical about their reach and impact until we provide them the data through Bitly which shows the exact number of the clickthrough rate.

Cons

I don't have any huge cons to speak of other than there could be a better data breakdown that goes deeper into the analytics.

Corine from Johns Hopkins University

Bitly is an Awesome Tool!

Bitly has always been great for me. I don't use it too often because I don't always need to shorten links, but it is honestly such a good idea. There are times where you want to advertise a link or send a link to other people and the link is so long and confusing. Bitly really helps to shorten it, but also lets you brand your link so that when you send it to someone, they can kind of get an idea of where the link is going to take them.

Pros

I think that Bitly is a great tool and such an awesome idea. Links can be very lengthy, so using Bitly to shorten a link is very helpful! Bitly is really easy to use and works with any link, which is what I like most about this software. I would definitely recommend using it to anyone. Bitly also enables the users to come up with a small part of the end of the link to brand your own link.

Cons

There is really nothing to dislike about it. I think that it is great that it is free, especially if you are not a big user. I guess the only down side to Bitly would be having to pay for it when you need to make many shorter links, although I never needed to.

A Link Shortener With Like No Other

I've used quite a lot of link shorteners like Google URL shorteners and the likes, but this guys have stood the taste of time and conquered against all odds. I am really happy with them and I'll consider going premium someday, even though the free mode is sufficient for my use-purpose.

Pros

I like the fact that this software enables me to shorten links for free, and I mean quite a lot of them. I have been using bitly for over 5 years now and they keep getting better. Another thing is the analytic approach to how the software monitors the links from anywhere it's been clicked; breaking down data for an insightful decision making.

Cons

I know free and trial modes in software products can have limited functionalities, but not having an opportunity to delete old lions generated is a turn off for me. So, this is my problem with bitly.

Reasons for Switching to Bitly

Google was closing down and transitioning the product, so I just didn't have the strength to continue with the life cycle of the product.

Kathryn from PCPS

Great time saver!

Use to save time with students. It’s easy to display and cuts down on typo mistakes.

Pros

It makes getting my students into websites so much easier! I used to spend so much time trouble shooting mistyped words it would make me really question eve using websites with my students. Now they can get where I want them to be quickly and easily.

Cons

None. It took me too long to discover it. It is easy to use and easy to share the shortened sites.

Reasons for Switching to Bitly

My IT dept. made the suggestion we switch. I don’t really know why.

Maritza from CSUF

Customizable links for free

Pivoting to remote work was challenging. Figuring out ways to get folks information and materials they needed in an online synchronous virtual learning experience was difficult. If we were in person, we could provide handouts and learning aids to support individual and group learning. Bitly filled that void when we went remote. I now use it to create links and QR codes that are accessible and easy to navigate to in the context of teaching. It has worked great.

Pros

I love being able to create customizable links that are short and creative. I always integrate technology when I teach. Whether in person or online, I use bitly share learning materials, guides, tools, and evaluations with my students and participants. One feature that is also great I'd the QR code generator. I've recently started to use that even more in my training sessions and it has worked quite well, too.

Cons

Bitly delivers and works as promised. I cannot think of any cons when it comes to using Bitly. It's a solid program that consistently delivers.

Melissa from Deliciously Savvy

Industry: Publishing

Amazing Way To Shorten Links For Social Media Shares and more!

My overall experience with Bitly is that they are super easy to use and the platform is user friendly. Sometimes my post titles are super long and the Bitly service helps to minimize and ensure my social shares and posts look cleaner in terms of linking.

Pros

I love billy to use to shorten my ever growing URL's on my website. It helps to disguise some of the links I use for affiliates as well which is more user friendly for my audience.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Bitlyl as their service is free and my links always looks fabulous because of them. I use them every day honestly....especially for my social shares.

Cássia Aparecida from ASPRO COM. E SERV.

Excellent link shortener!

My experience with Bitly is excellent, for a small company like mine where the small number, it is important to use simple tools because, generally, we do everything ourselves, so we need to use simple and efficient tools. Also, with bit.ly metrics, I can target investments in more effective campaigns and this is also important for the company.

Pros

In addition to shortening links and making it more viable for publications on social networks. What I like most is that bit.ly allows you to measure through a panel of statistics that measure access to this link, important to know in the case of campaigns which social networks or campaigns are giving more results.

Cons

I cannot point out what I like least about this tool, today it is essential for the work of publicizing my company.

Kishasha from Chicago Public Schools/ City Colleges of Chicago

Bitly Review

Pros

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bitly!! I have used Bitly for about four years now. I lead a parent group a few years ago and sent a ton of parent communications out ( surveys, forms, links to articles). I routinely used Bitly to create shorten links with recognizable or easy to remember names. This was so helpful when I needed to review someone back to document/link that was emailed. I also like the software tracks the number of views/clicks on the created customized link. This gave me real-time data on whether or not I needed to forward documents back out to my group for them to engage with it as needed. I highly recommend Bitly!! I recommended the software to my husband and he uses it at his job for his work! He works at a university.

Cons

I have NO cons to the software Bitly!! It is GREAT and I have recommended it to many people to use for VERY long URLs links (ie URLs created in Google Docs).

Janet from Liberty High School

Industry: Libraries

Best and most consistent URL shortener

I have used other URL shorteners, but Bitly is the most reliable and consistent. I can click on a link years after it's been created and it's still active. Students are also so familiar with Bitly and like its ease. You don't have to type in http://--just bit.ly and then the personalized ending. Great for teachers!

Pros

As a teacher, I use Bitly all the time to create links for student assignments. Instead of the long complex URL addresses most documents create, Bitly allows me to shorten and personalize the link. This works well for classes with different periods--same Bitly address with just a change of the period number. I also love that it's free!

Cons

My only complaint is when my personalized URL is already taken! There are a lot of schools that have the same name as mine.

Reasons for Switching to Bitly

The other shortener was not cosistent, and at one point I thought it was going to stop being available.

Good, free click-tracking program

Pros

If you don't have the ability to use the premium version of Bitly or any other software that tracks impressions/clicks, the free version is a good alternative. It gives a good idea of the amount of traffic an web ad or web page is receiving.

Cons

Sometimes I am not sure how accurate the numbers are, we sometimes use our premium accounts from other software that has a different function and they don't match up. Also, the dates links were clicked are jumbled and hard to navigate when you are going back several months.

Jake from Trucking Unlimited

A Must-Have Tool For Text Blasts

Overall, Bitly is a highly important and integral tool in ensuring that one of our primary services that we provide to clients is done efficiently, effectively, and with confidence for the best return overall.

Pros

As a company that provides services for clients that include email and text blasts that encourage a reciever to be redirected to an outside form, it is absoloutely crucial that we fit our character count within specific parameters, which is where Bitly comes in to play as an incredibly helpful resource. Not only is it a clean way to attach a form or a link on to a text or email blast, but its a secure way to ensure that a link will be correctly put together and not broken, ensuring the best possible ROI for such blasts.

Cons

I have no major qualms with Bitly, it has proven to be a trusted and reliable resource for marketing needs time and time again.

Nneka from Topcontent

Link shortening and Management with Bitly

I use Bitly to shorten and manage links. I also use it to track how many clicks shortened links get.

Pros

I love using Bitly to turn long URLs into shorter and cleaner ones. This is especially important as I share tons of content on social media. And I can track the click-through rates on those short links I share on Social media. I also love the fact that it has an Android app I can use to access the data on my short links on the go.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Bitly. It is a great app.