All Bitly Reviews

Shortening a Lengthy Website URL

Rikaz

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Shortens links and expands productivity!

If you are in the business of studying links either as an amateur or for a living, Bitly can be your go to tool!

PROS

One of the easiest app recommendations I can make. If your website has abnormally long links or you need to have good analytics on your links there is no better tool in my opinion. I used Bitly extensively for academic work and it was an indispensable tool to report to my board about the performance of the academic posts I was putting up. Link performance based on time and geographical locations allowed me to fine tune the posts that were being published. The easy integration with Buffer also allowed me to publish and shorten links at the same time.

CONS

This is one app I cannot say had a weak spot for me.

Reason for choosing Bitly

Bitly had advanced link tracking features which I felt was not there in TinyURL

pawan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Effortlessly Manage Your Links and Boost Your Clicks with Bitly

My overall experience with Bitly has been positive. The platform has exceeded my expectations in terms of its link shortening capabilities and the analytics provided for each link. The custom domains and link customization features have also been useful in maintaining brand consistency. While the pricing may be a downside for some, I believe the value provided by Bitly is worth the investment.

PROS

What I like most about Bitly is the simplicity and efficiency of its link shortening service. Creating a custom shortened link is quick and easy, and the analytics provided for each link are comprehensive and user-friendly. The platform also allows for custom domains and link customization, which adds an extra layer of branding and professionalism to the shortened links. Finally, Bitly's customer support team is prompt, helpful, and available 24/7, which is always reassuring.

CONS

What I like least about Bitly is its pricing structure, which can become expensive for larger businesses or those with heavy link usage. Additionally, while Bitly does offer an API for third-party integrations, it can be difficult to set up and requires some technical knowledge to fully utilize.

Josiah

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

Solid product for presenting clean links

I am happy with the product, would love more ways to integrate Bitly with other products and different product packages for different industries.

PROS

I like how cleanly and simply it is to provide links to customers for the services we offer. It prevents customers from feeling uneasy about where links will take them.

CONS

The price point is difficult to justify for our organization. I would love to have more features included in the better product packages but not every industry can justify the cost.

Debbie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2023

Bitly from a Person who is not techie

Facilitates the sharing of long or complex links in a more user-friendly formatProvides valuable data on link engagement, enabling businesses to measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaignsEnhances brand recognition by allowing for customization of shortened linksIncreases the efficiency of link management for businesses with multiple campaigns or projects.BenefitsDifficulty in managing and organizing PDF files in a centralized and efficient mannerInability to easily convert PDF files to other file formats or extract text from PDFsHigh costs associated with specialized PDF software

PROS

I love this product use it all the timeShortens long URLs into a more manageable and shareable formatOffers tracking and analytics for clicks on shortened linksIntegrates with various social media and marketing toolsOffers a free plan with basic features and affordable paid plans with advanced features

CONS

Some features require a paid subscriptionLimited customization options for link appearanceCan be blocked by some browsers or security software

Reasons for switching to Bitly

Just wanted to try something different

Bejenaru

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

bitly is a very easy to use and useful tool

An entrepreneur expected to advance another product offering via online entertainment, however the item names and depictions were long and complex, making it hard to share them in a compact and outwardly engaging manner. The proprietor utilized Bitly to abbreviate the connections to the item pages and make specially, marked short connections that matched the general look and feel of their promoting materials.

PROS

RL shortening: Bitly is a well known URL shortening administration that permits clients to change over lengthy, complex URLs into more limited, more reasonable connections. This can be particularly valuable for web-based entertainment posts, email promoting efforts, and other internet based content where space is restricted.

CONS

Reliance on Bitly servers: Utilizing Bitly implies that clients are subject to the unwavering quality and accessibility of Bitly's servers. Assuming the servers experience free time or specialized issues, it can influence the usefulness of the abbreviated connections, and clients will most likely be unable to get to the snap following information.

Christopher

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Link shortening software to consider

It has be the best.

PROS

Its very easy to shorten a link by just a copy and paste. You can still use it without paying a cent. You can keep track of analytics on every shortened link you have.

CONS

So far i cant say there is something i dont like apart from the expensive price one needs to pay if they have a lit of links to shorten and customized.

Christine

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Bitly is a requirement in my business. Super simple and great to use.

Bitly has helped me boost the quality of my marketing strategy. It is super amazing.

PROS

What would I have done if I didn't have the information about Bitly? This smart tool has really helped my business by helping me create simple attractive short links. Since I started using it, customers flow. I would definitely recommend it with a lot of confidence. It is a great tool, especially for small businesses. It will boost you to trust me.

CONS

For the two years have been using Bitly, all I can say is, I have not found anything negative yet. To be honest. I enjoy every bit of it.

Melanie

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2022

Great for sharing resources with others!

My experience with Bitly is that it is a simple way for me to share folders of resources with educators. I can easily create a Google Drive or One Drive folder and upload a multitude of files and then share the Bitly link with the audience. They can then easily open the link to find the documents; the ease of the Bitly helps cut down on errors of copying down the long Google Drive or One Drive link.

PROS

I love that this software makes it so easy to share google drive/one drive links with others via email, messages, and in person. It also makes it simple to update those links with new documents or updated information. The simplicity of being able to chose the domain helps ensure there is less errors in sharing of the link.

CONS

There really isn't anything I l don't like about the software! It works well and exactly for what I need it for.

Affoue Nadege

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2023

It allows me to hide my links

I have been using the free version of Bitly for several years. It suits me perfectly. With this platform, my promotional links are safer, and it provides me with good statistical data. It's easy to use, and its user interface is very friendly. Even beginners can easily use it

PROS

I consider Bitly to be a link protector. Of course, it shortens the length of the links, but I don't think that's the most important thing. With Bitly, when I advertise, I can be sure that my audience will click on the promotional link; they can't bypass it because they don't have access to the direct link. Another feature, which is just as great, is the statistics. Well-analyzed, well-ordered, and easy-to-understand statistics. This is very useful to analyze the traffic, for future marketing campaigns. Bitly is a very useful and easy-to-use platform

CONS

I have no particular recommendation for this service. It suits me for the moment

Matthew

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Decluttering Your Long Links

Bitly works well for exactly what we need it for—shortening links (often heading towards third parties) on social media posts or tracking the effectiveness of certain print/digital campaigns. I've never had a problem with Bitly regarding broken or messed up links.

PROS

Bitly is a quick learn, allowing you to hop in and immediately—at minimum—start to shorten links so they don't take up your entire tweet length or clutter up social posts. The real magic lies with setting up Google campaigns so you can track many elements and trace them to a specific source (very handy when purchasing web campaigns from third-parties or any campaign with tons of different digital ad sizes/sources). The QR options have come a long way, allowing you to set up custom QR codes which can track the effectiveness for print media.

CONS

The dashboard is pretty sterile and not pleasant to look at. Many features are also locked away behind a pay wall. While most businesses can get away with using the free experience, businesses that pay will enjoy a greater degree of customization and tracking.

Romario

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Away with long links!

PROS

My primary use of Bitly is to shorten extensively long links and in my experience, it does this well. Another perk of the platform is the fact that it is simple to promote your business and broaden brand recognition by allowing you to personalize your links with your own custom domain name, this is a great feature. Additionally, your links are less likely to be reported as spam or malware thanks to Bitly's link protection and spam filters.

CONS

You can only shorten and track a certain amount of links with Bitly's free plan; to access more sophisticated features, you are required to upgrade to a subscription plan. However, this doesn't have to be a limitation depending on your use case.

Extremely helpful URL Shortner

Overall, Satisfied.

PROS

1. User friendly interface easy to use it.2. URL and Link Shortening.3. Customised URL & domains can be created, which is really helpful.4. Link editing feature.

CONS

I donot have any dislike point. I am fully satisfied with Bitly.

uzuazokaro

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

My Bitly review

I am very satisfied using Bitly as it has helped me send more links of my product, especially with the campaign management feature

PROS

I like the link analytics feature a s it helps me to know how many clicks and saves i am getting

CONS

The low monthly link limits for the free accounts should be increased.

Reason for choosing Bitly

I love the features and the design of the bitly page

Reviewed June 2021

Bitly is the simple go-to for all your link-related needs

Besides working in the package/shipping industry from home, in my spare time, I do a lot of art and photography projects, with many other things in between. I love how I can use Bitly to shorten any link I need to use with the ease of just a couple of clicks. Bitly's simple, user-friendly software makes sharing things that are important to me, as well as profiting from links the easiest task of my day. They provide relevant, real-time analytics, enabling me to get the best statistics quickly and adapt accordingly. If you don't have a lot of time, or you consider yourself somewhat new to using software related to everything about links, I would definitely recommend trying Bitly's free plan to see how it can work for you.

PROS

What I enjoy the most about Bitly, is their pricing options. Bitly has subscription options available to meet anybody's needs. They have a variety of tools that come with each of their plans to help you succeed no matter what your needs are. With everything from a FREE subscription to a Basic plan, a Premium plan, or their conveniently customizable Enterprise plan, Bitly makes sure there are enough options available for everyone.

CONS

I was not too fond of the jump between their Basic plan and their Premium plan. The Basic plan they offer costs an affordable $29/month, securing a handful of great features. Then the price for a Premium plan jumps all the way up to $199/month! That is a huge spike in my opinion. You do get everything the Basic plan offers, plus advanced analytics, campaigns, UTM builder, mobile deep links, and the ability to integrate with 1k+ apps. Yes, this is a lot of great features. However, for the monthly price, the user must make sure that they're able to make a consistent and significant profit utilizing these tools.

Romaric

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Bitly

Bitly helps me to manage and organize my links for better conversion. It's easy to use and extremely affordable. It's the perfect app for link shortening and analytic tracking.

PROS

Bitly is my favorite link-tracking tool. The analytic reports are very concise and detail-oriented. It helps me to stay informed about the demographic, devices, and number of clicks my shortened links receive. This is quite helpful and important as It gives me a complete tracking of my link's performances.The bitly shortened links are super clean and easily customizable. With the free version, I can add a custom name to the link and with the pro version, more can be done.The shortened links are very helpful as they are easily trusted by search engine bots.From my personal POV, the pricing options are also affordable and the user-account security layer is very strong.

CONS

I have no issues with the bitly quality of services yet, the tool is awesome.

Reasons for switching to Bitly

Shortens links well but, there are a lot of features that are hidden like assigning the alias name to a link. It doesn't provide accurate data and sometimes the data is compromised by the browser's cookies.

Christos

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

More than a url shortener

The most intuitive URL shortener with deep analytics. A must have for anyone that manages social media accounts.

PROS

We've been using bit.ly since the very first days, when it was just a URL shortener. Since then we've been happy to see it add more features such as deep analytics. We've been using the FREE version for all our clients' social media accounts for the last 4 years.