All Bitly Reviews

Sharilee

Marketing and Advertising, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed November 2023

Keep It Short With Bitly.

Romaric

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Bitly

Bitly helps me to manage and organize my links for better conversion. It's easy to use and extremely affordable. It's the perfect app for link shortening and analytic tracking.

PROS

Bitly is my favorite link-tracking tool. The analytic reports are very concise and detail-oriented. It helps me to stay informed about the demographic, devices, and number of clicks my shortened links receive. This is quite helpful and important as It gives me a complete tracking of my link's performances.The bitly shortened links are super clean and easily customizable. With the free version, I can add a custom name to the link and with the pro version, more can be done.The shortened links are very helpful as they are easily trusted by search engine bots.From my personal POV, the pricing options are also affordable and the user-account security layer is very strong.

CONS

I have no issues with the bitly quality of services yet, the tool is awesome.

Reasons for switching to Bitly

Shortens links well but, there are a lot of features that are hidden like assigning the alias name to a link. It doesn't provide accurate data and sometimes the data is compromised by the browser's cookies.

Shaileshkumar

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Trusted and Worthy URL Shortner Software I have seen throughout My life.

Not only can you shorten your URLs using Bitly, but the service also has features tailored to businesses looking for a unique link experience. Here's an example of what Bitly can accomplish for you: Replace bit.ly with your company's name. Make secure connections. Redirecting a URL is simple. I am very happy with using Bitly software.

PROS

If you're trying to develop a brand through a social media campaign, it's critical that all your links are the same length and seem comparable. In Instagram biographies, as well as Twitter bios, shorter links seem better. So, it is more streamlined in appearance. If someone has chosen to share long URL, there's far too much space for error, and a potential sharer may become annoyed and give up before sharing your link with anyone. So Bitly is easier to replicate. Really, Bitly Shortened URL is working for my running business.

CONS

It has some security issues. You have no idea what this link is for, and if someone provided it to you without any context, you would either block it or distrust it and refuse to click on it. Sometimes i face this problem to run my business.

Reason for choosing Bitly

I come to know different sources that Bitly is good for business performance.

Reasons for switching to Bitly

Once my shortened link was not working when I was promoting my high ticket product with paid method.

Joe

Retail, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2020

Does the job, but shady sales tactics

Everyone remembers bit.ly when Twitter made it popular back in the day. It's too bad a cool brand has devolved into sleazy sales tactics like this.

PROS

I like that it can scale. Have created hundreds of thousands of custom links to send through our app. I don't look at the analytics but they seem sufficient. Their UI is a bit dated, but I never log in and only use their API.

CONS

I initially paid bit.ly $4000 for an annual license and signed the purchase order. All was fine and I happily used their API for 9 months. But buried in their PO is a link to a 4-page google doc (yes, a google doc). And buried in the fine print in the google doc is a term that I have to give them 90 days heads up if I did not want the contract to automatically renew. Guess what email I get as soon as the 90-day window is up? Yep, the gotcha clause on this google doc (which I never signed). The email started out nicely with "I hope all is well with you with everything going on in the world." (btw, what's going on in the world is a pandemic, raging wildfires and evacuations in the Bay Area, etc). And then quickly referred to this a "legal matter" for not giving them 90 days heads up that I will not renew. Incredible. I told her I'm not going to renew. I guess I'll be hearing from their lawyers. A week later, it's an email that says she talked to her manager to work out a "concession" to let me have net-60 instead of net-30 terms, lol. I quickly called my credit card company to issue a stop payment on this vendor. There are plenty of other hosted and on-prem URL shortening services out there, including DIY ones that take less than 2 hours to install on your own AWS host. I was happy to keep bit.ly around as a backup and renegotiate my contract for that purpose, but their shady sales practices and gotcha clauses have left a very bad impression on me.

Maria Teresa

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Bitly: Shorten your URL with Ease

I've been using Bitly for so long time as I am also a part of a community of volunteeers where aside from our primary service, we also create and publish contents on the web. To keep the text not that lengthy, we use bitly to shorten the URL posted in social media. It never failed me because it preserves the texts that appear in the previews of the main content despite the fact that the original link has been shortened.

PROS

Things I like about Bitly are: -Easy to use -Accessible to screen readers (softwares used by persons with visual impairment) -Accepted in various social media -Makes the URL look professional

CONS

Bitly's con is: -You need to pay for a higher plan if you want to maximize all its features

Nathan

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

Shorter the better

Excellent software tool. Simple, helpful, and a key tool for any savvy marketer.

PROS

We use bitly in all kinds of contexts. Putting long links in Youtube descriptions, for example, takes up way too much space, so using bitly is perfect--and a better experience for the user. We've also used it in the classroom when teaching and training. We give the students a bitly link on the white-board to go to for key online information or to review the training. Makes things easier for our clients and us!

CONS

The links seem to be case sensitive, which isn't made clear when you set the links up. Be aware of this when you create links people may need to type into their phone/laptop (like links you put on physical marketing materials). People will probably not type in the various capital letters you put in your link and your link may not work. All that said, it's very simple and works. And it's free!--for most of the basic stuff, anyway. Using "bitly" may not always be a great branding option for your link needs--but that's where the paid version will help you create branded links to your heart's content.

Reason for choosing Bitly

Hubspot has a link shortening tool we often use in our social media efforts, but I find bitly faster and easier to use on many occasions when working away from the hubspot platform.

JAZE

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Shorten URLs With Bitly, Quickly!

I think I am going to stick to the free plan for future use. It is still viable to use their service but since it's just for part-time affiliate marketing, that Basic paid plan seems like a bit of an overkill for me now.

PROS

On the Bitly dashboard, I can not only monitor the links I've created, but I can actually see how many times a link has been clicked as well as who may have referred my link to get clicks which is great if you're into gathering stats like that.

CONS

From doing in depth research, it seems as though I am better off buying my own domain for the price I am paying on their Basic plan. I could set up Google Analytics to gain all those reports they give me and still walk away with a bit of a saving to be quite honest. So maybe the subscription fee shouldn't be too high.

Reason for choosing Bitly

Bitly in my opinion is the original URL shrinker so I thought it would be best to test their service out first.

uzuazokaro

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

My Bitly review

I am very satisfied using Bitly as it has helped me send more links of my product, especially with the campaign management feature

PROS

I like the link analytics feature a s it helps me to know how many clicks and saves i am getting

CONS

The low monthly link limits for the free accounts should be increased.

Reason for choosing Bitly

I love the features and the design of the bitly page

Gift Princess

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Link Shortening Made Easy For Years

I've been using it for years and it's one of the staple link shortener that I use. So far, it has been a good experience.

PROS

I can rely on this software/website for my long links that needs shortening and even personalizing. It collects all my links in one place and easily accessible for future references.

CONS

There's not much to dislike and if there is is probably the changing policy and the charges for other features to use.

Reasons for switching to Bitly

It is much shorter in nature for future references.

Kathryn

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Great time saver!

Use to save time with students. It’s easy to display and cuts down on typo mistakes.

PROS

It makes getting my students into websites so much easier! I used to spend so much time trouble shooting mistyped words it would make me really question eve using websites with my students. Now they can get where I want them to be quickly and easily.

CONS

None. It took me too long to discover it. It is easy to use and easy to share the shortened sites.

Reasons for switching to Bitly

My IT dept. made the suggestion we switch. I don’t really know why.

Nina

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Simply Bitly

It was a game-changer for me as a workshop facilitator who often shares online form links.

PROS

I am in love with how Bitly shows the insights per link. That is awesome!

CONS

None so far. I like it the way it was built.

Reasons for switching to Bitly

Bitly is easy to understand and navigate plus the insights took my heart away.

Rashaud

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Bitly Reviews

Generally, the investigation are magnificent with bitly and have been an extraordinary ware to me with clients. The main disadvantage is that a portion of the connections you truly need might be taken since it's a particularly famous program. Yet, that might be the place where the paid adaptation of Bitly might prove to be useful. Stars

PROS

The most helpful element that I love about Bitly is that you modify the back portion of the abbreviated URL regardless of whether you are utilizing the free form of Bitly. The portable application of Bitly is extremely simple to utilize as well and exceptionally advantageous to make joins in a hurry. That is something cool about Bitly that a great deal of these URL shorteners need; URL shorteners scarcely have committed versatile applications as Bitly does. Overseeing joins on Bitly and sifting is extremely natural and makes arranging and exploring joins truly adaptable. Bitly has an exceptional adaptation to involve custom spaces for marking, and redirection on Bitly's side is very quick for the abbreviated connections. The following and examination highlight is strong and I generally utilize it as well.

CONS

It was incredibly difficult to have a "exceptional" account in bit.ly. If you had any desire to have a marked short url, (for example, coke.url) you needed to call to a US telephone and converse with an expert so they can sent you a "exceptional proposition". That was a bummer and I lost such countless timings since I needed to make sense of my client that I was "hanging tight for bit.ly to reply" - exceptionally assuming you live abroad. Presently, it appears to be that they changed this. Something else is language: there is just english in the stage. They should have fundamental dialects, like spanish, chinese and brazilian portuguese.

None

Morgan

Maritime, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Could not live without Bitly!

I love bitly! It has been a gamechanger for posting on social media. From keeping my posts clean with the short, custom URL to getting data on how many clicks and where those clicks are coming from is amazing! Also, love the tags features so I can categorize links and easily look to see how they did as a group. Additionally, the recently added UTM tags feature has been great! My web team is so happy now because they are getting better data. The fact that they have a free option makes it a no brainer not to use.

PROS

What's not to love! The ability to make utm tags, short the URL, customize the back of the URL and get analytics is all amazing! I use each one of those features every single day! What's even better, it is all free!

CONS

My one con would be analytics. Don't get me wrong they are amazing, but it would be nice to see older data. When you click on links that haven't been clicked on recently you cannot see any of their data. You only see blankness for the past month (it gives you the number of clicks, but that is all. No data on when it was clicked, how many clicks from each platform or the locations of people who clicked.) It would be nice to be able to go back to older data so I could better compare.

Ralph

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Probably the Most Popular URL Shortener

My experience with Bitly has been very positive and pleasant so far. I would definitely recommend Bitly.

PROS

The most useful feature that I love about Bitly is that you customize the back half of the shortened URL even if you are using the free version of Bitly. The mobile app of Bitly is very easy to use too and very convenient to create links on the go. That is one cool thing about Bitly that a lot of these URL shorteners lack; URL shorteners hardly have dedicated mobile apps as Bitly does. Managing links on Bitly and filtering is very intuitive and makes sorting and navigating links really flexible. Bitly has a premium version to use custom domains for branding purposes, and redirection on Bitly's side is quite fast for the shortened links. The tracking and analytics feature is pretty solid and I always make use of it too.

CONS

I would love a feature that actually allows you to delete links that you no longer need, but I just can't seem to find that. You can only archive and hide links from the dashboard.

Reviewed June 2023

Amazing! Worth paying for the upgraded plan.

Overall, great experience with Bit.ly! Will continue to use it and haven't found a worthy competitor. It's very affordable with great features. A few bugs sometimes but nothing detrimental. I've used them for a few years now and they continue to add features and grow their business. It's great to see and use! Very easy and user-friendly.

PROS

I've used Bitly for a very long time for multiple companies. It's worth being able to have a short link that clients and consumers can use. I LOVE that you're able to create trackable QR Codes now. I love that you're able to track the analytics thoroughly now. It used to be where you can only see link clicks but now you can see the sources of the link clicks including sites and countries. It's very easy to use. I use Bit.ly daily!

CONS

Sometimes there is a bug where if you change the title with the initial link input - it doesn't always keep the title change and you have to go back and edit the link title. If you're creating a custom back-half without branding - a lot of times the custom back-half is already taken and you're not able to use it. It's worth paying for the upgrade for the branding aspect.

Rafael

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

A must-have tool for URL shortening and analytics

Overall, my experience with Bitly is great, as it is the main platform I use for shorten URL links. I am using the free account and the features offered on this version are very accessible and reliable. The value-for-money is just perfect and the possibility to customize links is indeed a must! The statistics and analytics offered by this very software are amazing and it is a great digital marketing tool. For these many reasons, Bitly has my confidence and I can easily recommend it to any individual.

PROS

What I like the most about Bitly is the possibility to customize shorten URLs and to track all the statistics and analytics of these very URLs, such as the source of the clicks, their timing and many more. Even with the free account, there are lot of features easily accessible on this software. Bitly is indeed an amazing digital marketing tool, if used properly.

CONS

What I like the least about this software is, in fact, the dashboard's layout: I consider it could be even more intuitive, accessible and easy to use. Another thing I would like to see implemented is the possibility to edit a link after it is published. Sometimes mistakes can happen and it would be great to solve them by just editing the shortened link. Other than that, I have no more negative points to mention about this very software.

Raghav

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Not just URL Shortener but an all-rounder Marketing tool.

PROS

We have been using Bitly in all kinds of contexts. Our website blogs are in such shape that we have to keep the links longer and that is where Bitly comes and helps us in shortening the links and sharing them across. Apart from that, it's a great tool to share links on Social Channels and Emails. And, there are a few times that we have to see what campaign/social post got the most number of clicks - that is when the analytics feature come in handy and helps us in understanding what post performed the best. I do not think I am ever going to find a replacement for this tool.

CONS

I really like the way it is already built but if only I have to tell some con - It'd be the pricing. If it can be lowered down a little then it would really be helpful for a lot of freelancers and companies.

Fidelis

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Bitly Review 2021

My overall experience is great. Bitly to me is the best when it comes to link shortening. Its analytical dashboard is great which helps me to track my link as well as the visitors.

PROS

Bitly software is a web-based software that helped me to shrink or shorten my long page or advertisement URL/link into a small readable link bearing Bitly domain name. Bitly has helped me a lot to prevent my link to be seen as a scam or harmful link. I used it in TikTok which always reject my link. After shortening my link and using bitly, the shorten link was accepted and I can easily promote my affiliate product. It is easy to use and can be integrated with many other products or software. It has link clicks analytical features which help me to know the number of people that clicked my link and their country.

CONS

Their customer service is poor, they need an instant response onsite chat channel/bot for instant reply. Also looking at their upgrade plan as compared to their features, it is very expensive.

Christine

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Bitly is a requirement in my business. Super simple and great to use.

Bitly has helped me boost the quality of my marketing strategy. It is super amazing.

PROS

What would I have done if I didn't have the information about Bitly? This smart tool has really helped my business by helping me create simple attractive short links. Since I started using it, customers flow. I would definitely recommend it with a lot of confidence. It is a great tool, especially for small businesses. It will boost you to trust me.

CONS

For the two years have been using Bitly, all I can say is, I have not found anything negative yet. To be honest. I enjoy every bit of it.

roy