• Pros

• "While Userlytics filled with tons of great features, it is very easy and intuitive to use. "

• "What I liked most about Userlytics was the visual aspect to the testing - having visuals in addition to audio, and text responses, makes the analysis process so much easier and so much richer."

• "The best thing about userlytics is how it allows you to quickly get qualitative feedback on a prototype. Quick to setup and the results arrive fast."

• Cons

• "There are a lot of features and many are not obvious."

• "That credits expire within 1 year "

• "In order to take video clips you do need to upgrade your account to a more expensive plan, but it's not the end of the world as you're still able to download the entire video. "

Browse Userlytics Reviews

Emilie from NSPR Learning

Good product

Pros

Cons

There are a lot of features and many are not obvious.

Reasons for Choosing Userlytics

Userlytics gives qualitative information which other products might not give.

Rabindranath Robby from Self Employed

Industry: Information Services

Userlytics Review

The business works well once you are able to do a test, you do get paid, but the app itself is not that great when it comes to the full functions. Some of the functions that are important works well, but the other functions on the app I wish were fixed that I mentioned.

Pros

I used the app on the Iphone 8 plus, and also I like that there is even an app available on the phone. The app icon looks professional and the beginning login layout looks good. The functionality of the app works well on most parts.

Cons

When I attempt to login the app on my phone, it does not allow it to remember my username and password and then it will not login automatically. I have to re-enter it, but am able to get into the app afterwards. When I check the test invitations, completed tests, and missed invites, it does not appear, though I have done plenty of them in the past. The payment screen does work, but the contact screen does not show up when you click on it from the menu options.

Reasons for Switching to Userlytics

The app works better than Userlytics, and it's functionality works better. I receive more tests from their websites and apps.

Nik from Microsoft

A

The support from the Userlytics team is great, always on hand to answer any questions and ensure the project runs smoothly. They take your feedback onboard as will actively promote ideas onto the teams roadmap if it helps improve the product overall.

Pros

Userlytics is a fantastic tool to conduct remote moderated / unmoderated research either on desktop or mobile. Their global panel and quality of participants is impressive and I have never had the same participant twice. I use the transcription and annotation feature when watching videos back and appreciate the new features of card sorting and tree testing which was lacking to be competitive with Usertesting.com and UserZoom.

Cons

Heat-maps and click rates would be very useful to incorporate, along with data on how many participants fail certain parts of the screener to identify where the drop off rates are.

Aaron from Investor's Business Daily

Bugs, bugs and even more bugs...

Pros

Our account reps used to be helpful in getting us credits back when there were technical issues on their end. However, this was after we wasted our time waiting for testers, watching tests and identifying bugs ourselves.

Cons

Essentially, we were the QA department for Userlytics. There are constant bugs that prevent you from completing tests. By constant I mean 1/2 tests are incomplete due to technical issues from the tester or with the software. Also, you have to train your own employees on how to use their very confusing platform. Literally nothing comes easy. Also, bringing customers on to the platform is a no go. They have to jump through hoops and even once they do, will likely run into technical issues that prevent them from taking your tests.

Noemi from OneHope, Inc

A great platform to conduct research

Userlytics has been great in putting us in the shoes of users and also for validating our research tools!

Pros

Cons

It can feel a bit clunky at times, and I don't like that I can't pin an annotation to a certain spot in a video ( or at least it's not clear how to.)

Anna from Love To Know Media

Industry: Publishing

Almost All the Features at a Great Price

Extremely satisfied. It can't get better than this.

Pros

Userlytics has all or almost all the features that other expensive, long-time established competitors offer and is more affordable and has dedicated customer support. It's a winner tool and, by using it, we've identified UX problems and found ways to test new solutions. The tool itself works well and is extremely easy to use, the testers are reliable, the tests are done within 2 days, your customer feedback is listened to... Honestly, GREAT.

Cons

Allowing to have more than one project owner would help, but I know for a fact this is being developed.

Reasons for Choosing Userlytics

Because it had the same or almost the features as Userzoom and Usertesting, which were the established or fancy market alternatives. The UX specialist and I also took into account the attention that the type of pitching that the account manager did, the attention dedicated and the initial offer. We've never questioned our decision since the tool meets our needs and the customer support is fantastic.

Myvienne from Ginetta AG

Our UX Team is very happy with the tools and participants that Userlytics provides

Unmoderated user tests save a lot of time and provide quick quality feedback. Moderated user tests allow us access to Userlytics' international participants pool. The tool itself is easy to use.

Pros

We mainly run it for unmoderated or moderated user tests. The availability to high quality participants was great, even for profiles that are difficult to find. Userlytics' customer service deserves the highest rating.

Cons

The beta version of the Live Conversation has been functional with minor usability issues. I would love to see some future improvements (e.g. Note taking field, transcription feature, screen sharing possibility for moderators) that would make the Live Conversation an extremely powerful tool.

Response from Userlytics

Replied January 2021

Thanks for your review and for the feature feedback, Myvienne! Happy to say that with feedback like yours we are working on a screen sharing feature for moderators, are just about to come out with our note taking feature for moderated sessions, and have a transcription feature for unmoderated and moderated studies. Thanks!

Tomoko from Snapfish

Industry: Photography

Great platform to run user testing sessions

I usually get test results within an hour or two after I launch the tests and they have a diverse user panel., which helps me to move into the analysis quickly. Also, when I have questions or issues, the support team responds promptly and help me out. Everyone I worked with at Userlytics (the support, ops and the business teams). The pricing structure is straightforward and very reasonable! I like the fact you can purchase credits as needed.

Pros

The steps for creating screeners and test scenarios are very easy and self explanatory. I love the fact that there is a capability for moderated testing (haven't tried yet).

Cons

Wish I could have multi-select questions more easily. (I have to ask ops team to help). Also, I usually like to run a test once, see if I need to make adjustment, and then re-launch the same tests with more people. There are some workarounds and it could mess up metrics, but I wish this can be done more easily.

Mariné from MUFG Union Bank

Great tool and great people!

Pros

Simple and user friendly platform. Learning curve is not steep and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team are always accessible and ready to help! Really like the visual charts of responses, which I'm able to copy and paste in my presentation, great quality of video/audio recordings, and the overall layout of the platform. Biggest differentiator is the level of support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team. They're super knowledgeable, kind, patient, and always willing to help! They are true partners and go above and beyond to ensure your study is successful.

Cons

There are some limitations, but most are on their roadmap to be added or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is able to get it programmed in the backend. 1. For screener portion of the survey, unable to add open response questions. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]was able to get this programmed in the backend. 2. For screener portion of the survey, unable create multi-select question. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to get this programmed in the backend. 2. Unable to break participants into different age groups in one study. So I had to create 3 different surveys to be able to specify how many participants I want from each age group. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to merge all 3 surveys into one when they were complete. 3. No word cloud or aggregate word usage system from transcript 4. No option to create a metric questionnaire

Christina from Noom Inc.

Convenient and flexible product with the ability to do testing on a per-need basis

Pros

The fact that userlytics lets the user test as frequently (or infrequently) as they need is a huge benefit, and the main reason our team switched from usertesting to them. The other remote test websites wanted to lock us in to a contract where we would have to do tons of tests to get our moneys worth, but our needs differ from month to month and sometimes tests aren't needed. Userlytics lets us pay on a per-test basis which gives us the flexibility and independence our team needed!

Reasons for Switching to Userlytics

See above - usertesting wanted to lock us into an expensive contract that would basically force us to buy hundreds more tests than we needed. Userlytics let us pay on a per-test basis which was so much more flexible and dynamic like we needed.

Userlytics is great for cost effective user testing

User testing with userlytics.com has been easy and straightforward. I can train our freelance analysts on it quickly too.

Pros

Userlytics is easy to set-up and get started with. It's cheaper and has been just as effective for our test purposes as usertesting.com.

Cons

This tool will work best if you know how to write user testing tasks and questions before you start using it -- the software won't teach you the best practices, it just gives you a clean framework to implement them. I wish that, like usertesting.com, this tool provided some basic demographic information about the random users when random user testing (range of income bracket, age and gender) so we didn't have to add questions and take up time getting that information from the users.

Reasons for Switching to Userlytics

Cost; usertesting.com raised their prices significantly.

Rhianna from Wrethink Inc.

The Best!

A-mazing. Love this product.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been so helpful and wonderful during onboarding, using, and running into some bumps. Not only did they complete the tasks I was asking about but explained how to do it myself next time, all at the same time. Here's how AND it's already done for you here! Standing up to clap! Thank you to the entire Userlytics team for making it so easy to test, to use and for having the best support. You are changing the game.

Cons

Would like to be able to pin a question on the side while sliding the other questions. It's hard to scale top to bottom and the questions can get lost. Also putting a star or indicator for when a task/scenerio/metric has a URL link attached.

Userlytics is a good value for money, remote testing solution but limited

Using Userlytics as a remote, evaluative testing service for a startup (think cost constrained). I evaluated several different options from different vendors in terms of costs, features, technical reliability, stability and userlytics was a good, basic option.

Pros

Both web and userlytics apps work well. Customer support is very responsive to complaints, feedback, issues. Payment options are very flexible (both pay as you go, and subscription model). Generally, testers are decent. A variety of countries in terms of their panel respondents.

Cons

As with all remote testing, you have to be very prescriptive and careful in your instructions. Can't survey people (e.g. they have built up a panel of people in multiple countries), but you can't just send a survey to them.

Kristina from Intechnic

Excellent customer service, great tool!

We had really good experience with userlytics. I have to say I have never felt more supported by the customer support team than here. Quick and helpful responses, tons of valuable feedback. Really grateful!

Pros

Cons

That credits expire within 1 year

Erik from BioTrak Therapeutics

Great platform for usability testing

Pros

It is easy to recruit very specific participants, and you can now do live testing as well as recorded. Great customer support.

Cons

The UI was a little challenging at first, but it's improving.

Marie from QuantumBlack

Great helpful team, huge candidate pool, fast responses, variety of options to conduct research

Pros

The fast candidate responses, and the very insightful conversations with great candidates.

Cons

The usability clearly needs improvement, sometimes this is even a blocker. But luckily the team is super helpful all day and night to solve all challenges.