• icon"The software is easy to use; the company is excellent in its implementation; tech support is great - the response time is excellent; and there is not enough this company can do for it's patrons."
  • icon"This is quality software backed by the integrity of an awesome staff. If you get a chance to work with the staff at CUSI, don't hesitate."
  • icon"The great customer support is there from day one, they will walk you through EACH and EVERY step to get you started, then if you should need continued help, they are just a quick call away."
  • icon"We have had some bumps along the way which were difficult, as is any change."

Browse all CIS Utility Billing Reviews

• Have you used CIS Utility Billing and would like to share your experience with others?

Excellent Utility Billing Software

Pros

The technical support staff is AMAZING! Very knowledgeable and professional. There are so many options and functions with this software. It is very detailed and there are so many different modules to help manage every aspect of the business. It also has very detailed reporting functions.

Cons

Sometimes the program takes a little longer to load information, specifically during memory intensive processes such as calculating bills or running detailed reporting with a lot of criteria.

Matthew

Great Product, Even Better People

We have been able to streamline a lot of archaic processes by utilizing the modern features in the software.

Pros

The software is great but the biggest pro are the people. From tech support to managements to our Account Executive. Everyone goes above and beyond to at least get you an answer to your question, problem, or concern.

Cons

Updates. We usually like or want the features or enhancements that are released but I don’t want to request an update every other week.

Steve

Less than stellar

Pros

Product tracks accounts very well and includes a plethora of options for customer information. The software is relatively easy to use and priced well.

Cons

Their payment system integration was not compliant with PCI DSS standards at the time we used this product. Big problem!

Response from Continental Utility Solutions

Hey Steve, I just wanted to let you know we are actually PCI Out-of-Scope. We process payments via a process known as tokenization. All sensitive payment information is routed to our merchant service provider. This allows us to process ultra-secure payments without ever storing any sensitive payment information.

Replied September 2020

Erica

Sowco Water

CUSI has great tech support. I think that’s yalls big positive

Pros

This software is very easy to use and get the hang of. Tech support is top notch.

Cons

Wish I could see the balances at first glance on shutoffs. Other than that, I don’t have many issues.

N/a

Reasons for switching to CIS Utility Billing

We were told support would stop for CBSW. there were some newer features that were enticing as well.

Tammie

Industry: Political Organization

CUSI Review

UMS is growing and keeping up with the changes and customer demands.

Pros

Ability to track so much-needed information.

Cons

Report font size. Resize control panel/font.

Reasons for choosing CIS Utility Billing

Trust and working relationship we already had with CUSI

Growing customer base

Ronda

Great scalable software

Again this has been an easy software to learn and teach. CUSI has been able to customize where we needed it

Pros

Software is easy to learn and teach. Implementation was pretty easy as well

Cons

There are some things that we would like to see improvement wise.

Terry

Great program

Great

Pros

Ease of use. Having additional features like tracking meters

Cons

Some reports are difficult. Can not get all information from one report

More options

Alyssa

UMS is awesome

Pros

User friendly, great customer service , successful billing

Cons

Doesn't have all the reports that we would like to see

Reasons for switching to CIS Utility Billing

Needed better software for billing

Joanna

Great company

Very friendly people

Pros

Customer service help is great. Constantly working on improving their product

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little long to get a call back

Rory

Two Thumbs Up

More detailed customer information.

Pros

Tech support is so prompt and helpful. Our integration went pretty smoothly with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT] leading and keeping us ion track. Meter and consumption reports are extremely helpful. CUSI team always seems to be trying to make their products better.

Cons

Any items currently requested are currently in development.

Reasons for switching to CIS Utility Billing

Legacy program was not providing information we needed.

Pam

March 2016

One of the best decisions we have made! Wish we had made it sooner!

I work for a small municipal water utility with about 1700 accounts. After having used an older billing system, with very high maintenance fees, for 15 years it was time to make a change. I did my homework and recommended to the Board the change to CUSI. I could not be happier that they agreed. The conversion process was painless. This was due to solid preparation and CUSI's own Steve Romine, who led the project. Besides the very knowledgeable staff that did the conversion CUSI has very capable, patient and pleasant people on the customer service and tech side. I have made calls for assistance and they made it a breeze. In 9 months I have called 2 times and the issue was resolved immediately. Another important thing to mention regarding their help line is that if you have another person waiting with you, perhaps an IT person that you are paying, CUSI will move you to the front of the queue so that the person you have waiting is not waiting long and you are not paying more than you have to. Sounds like a small thing but it's that understanding of their customers that impresses me. The cost of this software is very reasonable, more than reasonable I think when you consider the ease of use and what it is capable of. I would urge anyone considering new billing software to look at CUSI. I not only looked at it I went out and visited other municipalities and spoke to the people that use it. Every single one was on board with this software for the same reasons I have stated above. We will be implementing the web portal and web payments in the 2nd quarter and I am looking forward to doing that. I have every confidence that it will go smoothly.

Tanya

Best company ever!

I have been at NDWS for 20 years and CUSI was the billing system when I started. I had no training from the person before me and I was the only one in the office at that time. So needless to say I was on the phone with them a lot back then. Over the years CUSI has done nothing but gotten better and better. I am thankful that I have gotten to grow with such awesome people that are willing to stay on the phone with you for as long as it takes to get things right. Would not want them to change a thing! Thanksfor everything CUSI!

Kader

September 2022

Great for us

Pros

We can save and share our electricity distribution data in a secure and uninterrupted manner. My favorite feature is that it has a simple interface.

Cons

It would be nice if it was developed for mobile devices, but this does not prevent general use.

Mandy

Industry: Political Organization

Love the Team!

Great! The overall experience is great. With every company there are glitches. But the techs try and get ya figured out as quickly as they can

Pros

I love the customer service team! It's pretty easy to use, and lots of info for questions.

Cons

The bugs that seem to keep popping up, the functions that we thought we had and then find out reports are not there

Raelene

March 2010

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!

We highly recommend CUSI to any utility company looking to streamline their billing system.

Pros

Our water district is eleven years young. After demonstrations from two other software providers, it was clear that CUSI was the group to go with! In the early days of implementation, customer and service/account set up, we were put at ease and led through the various functions of the software by a very friendly and competent technical support staff. We remember fondly Marvin, Jonathan, Jennifer and especially Lori, (the real-live receptionist) who recognized my voice before I could even say what company I was with. The CUSI tech support has always been courteous and exceptional while showing a good sense of humor by entertaining my somewhat quirky sense of humor. We have been approached by software companies wanting to lure us away from our happy home with CUSI but there has never been a reason to even read their literature. As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don fix it!"

Cons

We really have had no bad experience with the software or the tech support group. Although that "date sensitive" thing was hard to accept in the beginning!

Michele

November 2013

Exceptional CUSI Staff

We have been using UMS for the last 5 years. We struggled a little at first, but the staff at CUSI have and continues to be the best for explaining, trouble shooting, fixing, and helping with any circumstance that we experience. I have never encountered a more friendlier bunch of people than the technical help staff at CUSI. The actual UMS billing software is farely user friendly; some people do however have some difficulties interpreting the billing history page. Other areas of confusion for our customers and staff is explaing the statement layout with previous balance and how adjustments calculate into the new charge total. There are some reports we would like to see some inhancements on such as pulling a certain date range to see how many AMR meters vs Manual Meters we have and to pull a date range to see exactly how many new meters were installed. Training closer to our location or web seminars would be awesome too. We are looking forward to upgrading to 4.0 and continue our working relationship with CUSI/UMS. UMS has its good points and bad points as any product does, but what makes this product outstanding is again, the staff. I have learned so much and became so much clearer on certain situations just by talking to the technical staff at CUSI. KUDO's to Angie, Stephanie, Jennifer, and Rodney for your exceptional customer service. I look forward to the future with each one of you.

Summer

CUSI review

Pros

Very user friendly, excellent customer service.

Cons

Needs more customer based reports. More updates about upgrades

Karen

December 2013

CBSW Water Billing Software

Pros: Great product, lots of nice features, software is mostly intuitive - meaning it is easy to use. Many types of standard reports: meter, billing, and financial. Reports that are easy to read and use - therefore functional. This company offers: customized bills, customized letters to customers - this software is accommodating. I have worked with four other water billing software companies - and this is by far the best I have used. Implementation manager was great to work with. The owner of the company extremely accommodating with some of our special needs. Cons: This is a minor negative and possibly a personal issue for me - I am not a fan of having to set meeting times with the implementation manager to get questions answered. This was during implementation - not once you are live with the product. It seems that implementation managers may be stretched a little thin. Overall: Extremely happy with the product. My implementation manager went above and beyond to help during the implementation phase of converting to this product. I would like to see the board of trustees at my second job purchase this product. It is that good - and it is that easy to use.

Response from Continental Utility Solutions

CBSW plus Karen's attention to detail equals a great success! We appreciate you taking advantage of so many of the features CBSW offers!

Replied December 2013