Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The ability to communicate with add on software is great. Having a portal where employees can make payments online is a great way to adjust to the COVID curve."
  • icon"The cost has been beneficial for our small village government institution."
  • icon"The partnership with invoice cloud. Creative tech fir printing and mailing."
  • icon"Program was disorganized and difficult to use."
  • icon"Cost can be considered a little high and sometimes tricky to move around the site. Hard to use for new users."
  • icon"We get an error in the billing history and it kicks us out of the system."

Have you used El Dorado Utility Billing and would like to share your experience with others?

All El Dorado Utility Billing Reviews

Susan

March 2022

Streamlined Utility Billing

From 1st contact with Peggy to the customer service help I get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] I couldn't be happier. Everyone I dealt with at the company has been efficient, timely and very helpful.

Pros

We were reading the meters, recording by hand in a notebook, calculating different tiers and charges by hand each month for 162 homes. The process took 2.5 days. With El Dorado Utility Billing we now accomplish the process in less than one day. From reading the meters, entering into a hand-held device, transferring from device to computer, billing and creating invoices. Used to dread the electric billing cycle, now it is just another day.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about the software or the company. They took the time to customize the software to fit our situation and have always been quick to respond when I needed assistance.

Reasons for choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

Cost effectiveness and the fact that the utility billing fit our company best.

Response from Creative Technologies

Thank you, Susan, it's been a pleasure to work with you and take you through the journey of moving to a new billing platform a new streamlined process. As always if we can be of any help please reach out.

Replied March 2022

Go for the full gammit

Human error is the #1 problem in utility billing. Whether it be from the meter reader or the data entry person mistakes happen; By utilizing Easy Reader and allowing it to interface with v10 those errors are almost completely gone.

Pros

The reporting of v10 is so much better than v9. The ability to communicate with add on software is great. Having a portal where employees can make payments online is a great way to adjust to the COVID curve. By utilizing the portal, I am able to save $500 monthly in credit card fees as the customer now pays the convenience fee.

Cons

I would like to scroll through account manager.

Reasons for choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

Individually, pricing was higher than the package deal offered by Creative. The fact Creative created all of the software they sell ensures proper communication between them.

Response from Creative Technologies

John thank you for your review and kind comments. Every customer is important to us and we appreciate your business. We are pleased your utilizing all the features of El Dorado and our Intuity customer portal. We will keep innovating and improving so we can stayahead of the technology changes.

Replied July 2020

Sara

Poor software developers

I would say as soon as we can we are leaving the software. They are cost-effective vs. the competition - but you get what you pay for and their programming team is lacking. There also fees every time you turn around for things that should be pretty standard.

Pros

The system, at its most basic, is simple for users. However, when an admin asks for updates they are in over their head. They make a lot of assumptions that create problems. Actually, the best part of this software is the payment processing partner - Invoice Cloud is great.

Cons

Be very clear about your database assumptions. Again they will make recommendations that could cause downstream problems. Also, you want to make certain the features are functional. We bought based on features that have not yet been released and they have no date for release. Their reporting is limited. They represent it is really user-friendly - you will find if you know data it is highly restrictive. Also their cloud-based solution is not cloud-based it downloads information to hard drives and restricts features for more than one users - again an example of poor development.

Reasons for choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

Based on the marketing demo it looked like a user-friendly product that allowed for some customizable features. Unfortunately, their team doesn't understand programming and they created a kludge and it is a bit of a mess.

Reasons for switching to El Dorado Utility Billing

Based on the marketing demo it looked like a user-friendly product that allowed for some customizable features. Unfortunately, their team doesn't understand programming and they created a kludge and it is a bit of a mess for more advanced users.

Response from Creative Technologies

Sara, we always appreciate customer feedback and as long as your a customer we will support you. We know making a move to a new billing system is complex and there could be a learning curve but as you state the application is very easy to use. We are always willing to spend more time with you on training and helping you get your arms around automating your meter reading and billing procedures. Rest assured there is no data no your hard drive it's all stored in a secure cloud server. We are also glad to hear you feel our integration with the Invoice Cloud portal is great, our developers working hand and hand with the Invoice Cloud team to offer a unique and easy to use solution. We are always here to assist and make your 100% happy.

Replied May 2021

Jeanne

El Dorado Utility Billing Software

I love the program and don't think I could run my business without it. I have always experienced wonderful customer service from the wonderful people connected to this company.

Pros

I do the bookkeeping for three small mutual water companies and this software allows me to switch between companies rapidly. It is easy to use and meets all my needs for billing and record keeping.

Cons

I have an older version of the program and it uses separate software (Crystal Reports) to compile reports. On this version, reports are not as easy to customize as I would like, but I'm sure that has improved in newer versions of the El Dorado Utility Billing software.

Reasons for choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

The price was reasonable and they offered to convert my data from the program I had been using into the El Dorado database.

Reasons for switching to El Dorado Utility Billing

The program I had been using was not being supported for newer Windows operating sytems.

Response from Creative Technologies

Jeanne - Thanks for the great review, we are glad the El Dorado program is working well for you and appreciate your business.

Replied November 2020

Joanne

August 2016

Not the best time to change software for our company.

I greatly appreciate your time in presenting the new Version 9. Currently we are going through a rate case filing with the Public Uitilites Commission for new rates and have limited time now to delve into the software upgrade.

Pros

You seem to be constantly trying to stay current with customer technology demands.

Cons

The reports in the version 8 that I have to stay with are not very useful. The way that inactive accounts remain in the database for customized reports is time consuming to remove.

Response from Creative Technologies

Joanne - thanks for your comments we always appreciate the great customer feedback. As we have presented to you with our new version 9 we have made significant improvements to the system reports. We have added serval new financial reports to simplify end of period reporting for billing and collections. Hopefully you can get the PUC rate case behind you and move forward with newer technology to simplify your billing and collections.

Jane

Industry: Utilities

El Dorado Software Review!!

Eldorado is a great company, they know the ins / outs of the billing world and are able to assist you with any of your needs or requirements. The system / team members are very flexible when it comes to making things happen for you.

Pros

The software system itself is very user friendly, easy to adapt to your billing needs and easy to follow and set up customers for billing utilities. Having the on-line availability for customers to pay is a great feature also. The customer service is always there and available to assist in whatever it is.

Cons

I have not found anything I dislike about the software in over 15 years.

Reasons for choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

pricing was a key factor, but the availability and the accessibility of the software system itself is great to work with.

Response from Creative Technologies

Thank you Jane we appreciate the great review and feedback. We have enjoyed working with you over the years.

Replied October 2020

Amrit

Time used: Free Trial

August 2010

Great Sfotware/Customer Service Support

I would sincerely recommend this system to anyone entering or working in the utility billing industry. We feel confident that the system is secure, reliable, and have ease of use to move along our business quickly. We were able to turn from signature of contract for services to bills being sent out in 10 days!!!

Pros

I have purchased this utility software based on price, features, and compnay providing services personnel. The product was easy to acquire and install. The private and personal overview of software was thorough, timely, and very informative. Further calls were made to clarify user procedures and immediate, instant attention was provided. Priority was placed onto our system at no extra charge. I look forward to expanding our system with the help of creative technologies and also feel secure that if and when we run into difficulties, we will have the support necessary to overcome issues quickly and effectively.

Cons

At this time we have not seen any cons other than we can not navigate from the account manager directly to the "print bill" tab. However, the system does allow us to enter mulitple invoices at one time to be billed. This issue maybe something that we are doing incorrectly at this time.

Response from Creative Technologies

Amrit - Thanks for the positive feedback on our El Dorado Utility Billing product. We have taken your suggestion into consideration and feel it would be a useful addition to our product and for many of our customers. We are in the process of implementing the new feature and will provide you the updated version shortly - let me add there will be No Additional Charge to your organization for this new feature ! Please let us know if there are any other new features or functionality you would like to see. We are always open to customer suggestions. Best Regards, From the Creative Technologies Product Development Team.

Replied August 2010

Margaret

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

May 2022

SLF ElDorado Software

El Dorado is a user friendly program that assists with the water/sewer billing of our company keeping track of our expenses and receivables

Pros

The software becomes user friendly the more it is used with the help of the great IT team that is on the ready with support

Cons

Some reports are not adaptable to the information that is requested by our auditors, we then need to run many reports to retrieve the needed information

Response from Creative Technologies

Thank you for the review, Margaret we appreciate the feedback. Our support team takes pride in supporting our customers and we are always looking at adding new reports to make it easier to access historical data. We just released several new reports that may assist with your end of year accounting reviews.

Replied May 2022

July 2022

It's the only way to go!

I have saved a very large sum of money with the auto pay and online billing. Creative's partners charge the transaction fee on credit cards to the customer. In the past we paid for all transaction fees costing thousands.

Pros

Software is easy to use, affordable, and always growing to become usable in ways not thought of such as customer alert system.

Cons

I do not have a negative word to say. This is a great product. Well Rounded.

Reasons for choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

Expensive hand held reading and or radio reading equipment.

Response from Creative Technologies

Thanks for the great feedback John. The team worked really hard on the new customer portal, and it's gotten excellent reviews.

Replied July 2022

Cassandra

Easy to use, great support

The overall experience has been great. They were wonderful with implementation and our database import. The support team is quick to get back to you and very helpful.

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, customizability, integration with Invoice Cloud

Cons

I would like to be able to do more with the late notices feature.

Reasons for switching to El Dorado Utility Billing

We were looking for a better system that was easier to use and had better support.

Response from Creative Technologies

Cassandra - Thank you for the 10 out of 10 ranking. We so appreciate your business, it's been a pleasure to work with you over the years.

Replied October 2020

LIZZETTE

TOWN OF FOUNTAIN HILL

WHEN I TOOK OVER THIS JOB I HAD NO EXPERIENCE AND NO ONE TO TEACH ME. THE TECH STEVE WAS SO PATIENCE AND HELPFUL WALKING ME THROUGH AND EXPLAINING TO THIS POOR BRAIN CAUSE I WAS TOTALLY KINDERGARTEN LEVEL. I TOTAL LOVE STEVE TO BAD HE'S IN CALIF. OR SOMEWHERE BESIDE HERE. BIG THANKS TO THE PROGRAM FOR THE EASE OF THE SYSTEM

Pros

ALL LISTED AND DIRECTIONS SO EASY TO FOLLOW

Cons

NOTHING

Response from Creative Technologies

Thanks for the kind words on Steve's support Lizzette. We appreciate your business !

VICKIE

Industry: Facilities Services

QUICK AND EASY SOFTWARE!!

THIS SOFTWARE HAS BEEN EXCELLENT FOR OUR USES AT THE OFFICE. I AM NOT THE MOST COMPUTER SAVVY PERSON FOR SURE, BUT THIS HAS BEEN RELATIVELY EASY TO USE. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM TO ANYONE. STAFF IS VERY HELPFUL WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM OR DO NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING. THIS PROGRAM HELPS OUR OFFICE RUN MUCH SMOOTHER!

Pros

Easy to use.

Response from Creative Technologies

Thanks Vickie we always enjoy working with you and supporting your water billing needs.

Replied March 2017

Kendra

Industry: Utilities

Billing is hard, creative technology tech support makes it so much easier

Stable program that produces nice statements and an excellent data base for customer information and usage.

Pros

Friendly service, El Dorado is a nice stable program with good well thought out features, it produces an easy to read statement and handy spreadsheets.

Cons

I have a hard time getting El Dorado and ICloud to synch regularly, I get a lot of error messages, the edit button automatically comes on when I am looking at a customers account and this makes it easy to change something by accident.

Response from Creative Technologies

Kendra - thanks for the 10/10 recommendation and feedback regarding ways to improve the El Dorado product and online features.

Replied June 2017

Debra

Review from Franklin Township Municipal Authority

Over the phone tech support was wonderful. Operator entered our program and I watched while they adjusted items that needed adjusted. Software worked perfectly after adjustments were made.

Pros

Cons

Nothing

Response from Creative Technologies

Debra, Thank you for the excellent feedback on our customer support we appreciate your business.

Robin

User-friendly, and expert help

Pros

ease of sorting data, ease of correcting mistakes and tracking those entries, multiple standard reports access.

Kristi