• Pros

• "The Customer Service Experience was excellent. "

• "Very user friendly Timely and very helpful technical support "

• "user friendly, easy to use. I was able to fine the customer, change information, leave note and reminders."

• Cons

• "this doesn't applied to me, as of today I have no negative/cons things to say about this software"

• "As with all 'off the shelf' products, there are some limitations on customization and configuration. With that being said, we haven't encountered anything that we haven't been able to work around."

• "I liked the software. It is hard to say what I didn't like. "

Browse MuniBilling Reviews

Danielle from Bent Creek Utility, Inc.

First Class Service

Pros

The customer service during the switch was absolutely fantastic. We were able to get in touch with support many different ways whenever we needed it. The program is so intuitive and the features just make sense. It almost feels like it was customized just for us!

Cons

The transition took a lot of very detailed data gathering and review, but this is to be expected when making a switch of this magnitude. However, they staff at Munibilling were so helpful and patient. Any hiccups were fixed willingly and in a very timely manner. I really have nothing negative to say.

Brigette from Village of Perrysville

Village of Perrysville Review about MuniBilling software

My overall experience with MuniBilling has been wonderful. The support team has always treated me with the upmost respect. Whenever I need help there has never been an occasion that it has taken more than an hour to get the help I need.

Pros

I like the software because it is very user friendly. When I started using the software a year ago I had no idea what I was doing. I have been using it a year now and I very seldom have to call support for help. When I do call for support the support team is very patient, they always guides me through what I have to do step by step, and they explain what I am doing. I love the reports I am able to print out to let me know past due balances and totals year to date. I cannot express enough on how user friendly the software is. The tabs at the top of each page really help you to know where you have to go to make changes.

Cons

There is not anything that I have found so far that I do not like about the software.

Larry from PBE Water Supply

On a downhill spiral! I'd like to withdraw my previous 5 star review from 2013.

Pros

I left an outstanding review of this product in 2013 after having used it for 1 year, however. The product remains a very inexpensive solution to billing. Daily usage and routine tasks remain easy to operate. Integration with the online payment processor which MuniBilling requires us to use is trouble free, however. For the most part, the system works without a need for customer support, however

Cons

Now for the howevers.Control of MuniBilling has apparently been sold to investors who seem to have no direct knowledge of billing software or of utility systems in general. Where we once could contact the owner/developer on his cell phone, we currently have no knowledge of who is commanding the ship, or whether we will even receive a response to a customer support ticket. Originally, the developer was making almost weekly improvements to the system, adding this or that. We could even ask for customization if desired. Now, afte r 6 year's of use, the company has apparently grown to the point that everything is just shoved down our throats. I requested that a 3 word phrase on our bills be changed to the same 2 word phrase which had previously been used , and was told that it wasn't possible. 2 days ago we received an email telling us that MuniBilling's payment provider was discontinuing all utility's ability to accept integrated phone / field-entered credit card payments for security compliance reasons. This change was going to take place in less than 2 weeks and we were warned that we should get the word out to our customers quickly for a easy transition. When I called the payment provider, the rep knew nothing about any such change. They are setting us up a new card processing account, separate from MuniBilling's account. The surprises and removal of necessary features by an ever-changing management team, over the past year, continue an undesirable trend.

Kevin from Village of Genoa

Village of Genoa

Outstanding

Pros

Easy navigation. Easier look up for reports. Better and faster support.

Cons

Some missing reports from last software but Muni staff has been very cooperative in adapting the program to meet our needs.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

They did not do electric.

Christine from Village of Joy

MuniBilling and The Village

This keeps all the billing complete in one place, very user friendly, and organized. Customer support is amazing and very easy to work with. Big Plus!

Pros

The access to customer service as needed - such a great group of people!

Cons

Billing component updates. This seems to be the most tedious but nessary task.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

This decision was made before I started with the municipality, however, I am grateful for the opportunity to use it as it saves tons of time.

Sabrenna from city of bevil oaks

munibilling review

We have had an amazing experience with Munibilling in the process of going live! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been amazing! Any time we have questions, they go above and beyond to make sure that we understand everything! What usually is supposed to be a 20 minute phone call turns into an hour phone call most of the time because they are being so thorough. I highly recommend this company! Thank you for all of your help to the whole team!

Pros

It is a huge upgrade compared to the old company that we used! It is way more accurate when it comes to pulling the correct usage, so the customers get billed correctly.

Cons

We have not had any problems so far. There were a couple things that had to be corrected but it is just a small bump in the road compared to what we have dealt with in the past.

Ann from UNION CHURCH WATERWORKS

Much easier to use

Pros

The ease of getting support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the greatest. He is very patient and explains things thoroughly

Cons

Nothing. Everything is great so far. So easy to use

Maureen from Sister Lakes Area Utilities Authority

Pros

Easy to use, we needed a new billing company and Munibilling was referred to us. Price is affordable for our small company. Questions are answered in a timely manner.

Cons

There is nothing that we don't like about this program.

Katrina from Village of Canisteo

Great Program and Support Team

Pros

The staff was great at providing any reports we needed and customized our invoices.. We held weekly webinars to make sure we transitioned from our old program to Munibilling was smoothly. The conversion team inputted all our data from the old system so our staff was not tied up for hours during the conversion. I would highly recommend this service to anyone looking for a modern Utility Program.

Cons

I wish the Customer Portal was not such a high monthly fee. I also wish there was an option easily draft ACH files without using their payment processor.

Very affordable!

Julie from Utility Metering Solutions

Muni Billing review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with the conversions team has been above and beyond helpful with helping to get this program up and running for our client

Pros

The support team is very helpful and patient.

Cons

I would like to see some more report options

Pauline from The Thoroughbred Center

Industry: Facilities Services

Stall billing

We started with the support staff who worked with us to program MuniBilling to our needs and then acted as our account manager for some time. When he moved on, the other one took over and didn't miss a beat. I have always been very, very happy with the service and appreciate all the help that we have received. I look forward to working with him more as we continue.

Pros

We have a very specific and unusual need for billing. We operate a thoroughbred training facility and we rent by both stall and barn. There is a wide variety of billing accounts that come into play throughout the month. When we needed a desperate upgrade from a previously customized program to something else that would work for our needs, MuniBilling provided us with the ability to customize and create something that carried the same elements as what we used previously.

Cons

Because we were trying to keep it as similar as possible to a previous program, there are several parts that require individual processes to complete. While this is not difficult, it does create more opportunity for human error to mess with the system and no way to fix other than an adjustment. I wish it had a better editing option.

Patricia from Tiverton Wastewater District

Excellent customer service

I requested a new group of customers added by MuniBilling instead of adding them one at a time myself. The team got them entered correctly and on time, with minimial imput. It saved me many hours of work and is greatly appreciated!

Pros

The customer service is very responsive and easy to contact. I get a person on the phone whenever I call, and have a dedicated Account Manager. If the rep isn't available the individual that answers the call is very capable of answering my questions or helping me with any issue. Great service and good software product.

Cons

The instruction manual could be more comprehensive, or have instructional videos available.

Brent from VUS

Industry: Utilities

Excellent solution for Multi-Family Property utility billing!

This is a highly capable utility billing product with great functionality, ease of use and strong customer support. We came onboard with MuniBilling in 2018 and it's been a smooth transition every step of the way, thanks to their outstanding staff and customer support.

Pros

This cloud-based product is very user-friendly and works exceptionally well for us to bill utilities across numerous apartment communities. We reviewed a number of different products before we selected MuniBilling and are certain that we made the right choice. It's capable of handling a variety of complex rate structures and all of the unique aspects associated with billing Multi-Family properties. In addition, their customer support team has been fantastic and there for us every step of the way!

Mike from Resolve Partners

Excellent Customer Service

The software serves our needs in utility billing well. The differentiator between them and others lies in the customer support. Our Account Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is attentive, friendly, and seemingly always available to help us accomplish our goals.

Pros

The Customer Service Experience was excellent.

Cons

I have no complaints. The software performs well.

Benjamin from Inframark, LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

MuniBilling - The Standard for Efficiency and Enhanced Service

We were able to improve our field service thanks to the improved software, excellent customer service reps, and overall improvement associated with MuniBilling's full service option.

Pros

The efficiency and realized cost savings that the software and full-service option from MuniBilling provided to my company, our clients, and the customers we serve on behalf of our clients.

Cons

No cons associated with the software or the switch from in-house CS&B to MuniBilling's full service.

Beth from City of Arcadia

MuniBilling saved the day for the City of Arcadia!

Our former Utility Billing company notified us on November 12, 2019 that they were going our of business with an effective end date of November 30, 2019. MuniBilling worked with us and had our data converted had us up and running on the MuniBilling software on December 2, 2019.

Pros

The ease of use. We have a busy office and having all the appropriate things on one screen for easy access is very important.

Cons

We are still in the very early stages (less than two months) with MuniBilling. There are not a lot of issues with it, mostly just things that are different from the software we are used to. They listen to our suggestions and make any changes they are able to.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

MuniBilling was the company who offered us all the pieces of billing we needed: CIS Software; billing; printing of bills; and a customer call center. They were the only company who said they could get us up and running quickly. AND THEY DID!

Rhoda` from Westmoreland County

Good product.

I came in last June not know anything about the software. I feel now that I can do anything I need to with it.

Pros

Cons

I don't have any for what I use it for. We have had to come up with an excel file for collections, that would not give us what the collections company wanted. so, we had to paid to create one.

Heather from Village of Perrysville

WONDERFUL!

Fantastic customer support. Was able to talk me threw the entire process I needed. ALWAYS willing to help!

Pros

Very simple to use!! Totally new user and I have found this system fantastically easy

Cons

Have not found anything I don't like about this software!.

Deborah from City Of South Charleston

Munibilling

I love the fact that anytime I have a problem and call our rep he is on it, and if he isn't available he gets back to me as soon as possible,or someone always try to help, the ease of the software, the fact that customer can pay on line and set up auto pay, the system run quick, i also like i can have more then one session open its helpful when running reports and customer comes in to make a payment

Pros

I can now generated the invoices and put the late fees on and don't have to call and remind someone every month.

Mark from Bardwell City Utilities

Customer Friendly

We integrated this billing system at the end of a larger infrastructure project that involved changeout of electric, water and gas meters. We changed out our city street lights and upgraded the HVAC systems in all of our municipal buildings. Ths integration of MuniBilling was the smoothest part of the entire project. Our conversion team was knowledgable and very quick to respond. Their expertise helped us solve the problems that always arise. We thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Her patience was above and beyond and her response time was very quick.

Pros

The system is simple to understand and very flexible in it sday to day operation.

Cons

We have no complaints. I am confident if something develops the team at MuniBilling will solve the issue.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

The team at MuniBilling is great. The people made all of the difference. If your organization is shopping for utility billing/management software, put MuniBilling at the top of your review list.

Betty from City of Sale City

City Clerk

Getting water billing completed on a timely basis, thus the ability to increase city's income on a regular basis.

Pros

Very user friendly Timely and very helpful technical support

Cons

Problems encountered when we switched to Google Chrome.

Bobbi from City of Horseshoe Bay

excelent

Pros

the support team is always available and willing to help in any way possible

Cons

nothing, it is very easy to use and the customer support is awesome

Martha from Borough of Morton

MuniBilling Review

Pros

The reports are easy to understand, many reports to choose from

Cons

Account screen can sometimes be difficult to navigate and understand

Stephen from LSU System

Does the job

We can stay on top of all the meters we have on campus and the easily modifiable route reports are top notch. Munibilling was able to implement new strategies in metering.

Pros

Reporting structure is very good and is always improving.

Cons

I don't use the accounting features or accounts receivable module so I can't comment on that. It did take some time to get everything setup as this university has some very odd situations.

Dara from Harris County MUD 50

Dara Eng

Spectacular!

Pros

User friendly and great customer support.

Cons

Wish there was an advance search. Instead, I'd have to search through reports, export and minimize to locate what I'm searching for.

jennifer from Utility Strategies Consulting Group

Small Utility Business Loves It

Overall, we're very happy with the ease of the system, how quickly we're able to enter our utility reads/bills and payments into the system. We're 1 entity with three unique utility entities under it. And having all of those in 1 software program has been a game changer.

Pros

We are a small utility company handling the utilizes for a local Indian Tribe. We love the flexibility and ability to use the system from any location and how the tribes members can access their accounts and look at their monthly usage.

Cons

Our business is complex, so it isn't anything about the software that is a con, just a con in trying to fit our unique situations into 1 system. Overall, though there aren't any cons that would cause us to regret using the software.

KYler from Phoenix Water Solutions

Great Customer Service

They tend to always be there when we need them

Pros

They are always very open to helpng us with difficult questions

Cons

There truly is not any large put backs of the company.

Kimberly from City of Yamhill

Overall efficiency, and function-ability

Pros

Very user friendly, cost efficient for small agency

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like

Becky from Lee Acres Water Users Association

So far so good!!!

We have had a few changes we wanted and they were able to incorporate those for us. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We set up meetings for certain days for training and it was awesome.

Pros

Many in depth information features for our company that we did not have in our old software They cass certify, print and mail out our bills for us which is a wonderful feature!

Cons

So much information that it has taken us a bit to learn but getting better after couple of months

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

Felt it covered all the features and information we needed.

Kirsten from County of Colusa

Good Choice

Working with the team at MuniBilling has made for an easy & quick transition from our prior software. They addressed all our questions and needs. Training was conducted via the web and all participants were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Billing has become a breeze and we are saving time and resources.

Pros

We are very happy with the functionality and ease of use.

Cons

Haven't used long enough to find anything adverse.

Reasons for Choosing MuniBilling

There were several factors that went into our selection process, but the top two reasons MuniBilling was our final choice was functionality and price.

Marsha from Village of Beaver

wonderful

the program was fairly new when I took over, I have had no problems with it. The support staff has been wonderful to work with

Pros

very user friendly, support staff is wonderful

Cons

I think the pricing is on the higher side, but the usability makes it worth it

Chris from SYNC Residential

Utility Billing Made Easy

The implementation process is quick, easy, and painless. The conversions team is very friendly, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping launch the software. Overall, the software is easy to use and manage, and it makes the utility billing process quick and efficient.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly, requires minimal training, and users can intuitively figure out how it works and how to accomplish most tasks on their own.

Cons

I don't really have any cons regarding the software. Any time an issue presents itself, the team at MuniBilling has been rather quick to resolve the issue timely.

Kathy from Lusted Water District

Industry: Utilities

Excellent customer support service!

Pros

I most appreciate and rely on the immediate excellent customer support each time I have a problem large or small. Our executive is especially awesome.

Cons

A challenge to integrate with QuickBooks, but we are ironing out the issues.

Janice from City of Hammond

MuniBilling Review

Pros

Easy to use, easy to find information. Simplified our process immensely!!

Cons

Reports are sometimes challenging to figure out which report for the information I'm looking.

SAVY from Blue Sky Utility

MuniBilling Review

Dealing with knowledgeable staffs is always a plus. My account Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great. He always goes above and beyond with our needs and if he doesn't have the answer, he'll find out and respond back in a timely manner.

Pros

I like that munibilling is able to customized the software based on our application and business needs.

Cons

A few kinks to iron out due to our business module, but other than that, it's great!

Robin from South Ellis County Water Supply Corp.

Great Customer Service

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is AWESOME! Quick response, gets the understanding of why I need something and explains and shows what is already available to see if it will work for me. If it doesn't he gets to work on resolving the issue and getting me what I need. His response and resolution time is top notch!

Pros

still in the learning stage... Customer portal is a very big pro

Cons

still in the learning stage ... Reporting and CC remote issues

Tim from Isabella County - Drain Office

Industry: Government Relations

MuniBilling Review

Pros

The program is self contain, if I have any questions, I'm able to contact MuniBilling. Has multiple reports/functions. I just need to learn which report is for what.

Cons

I do not use the program enough to stay familiar with it, every 3-4 weeks. Can't always follow a "balance sheet" when doing a billing from one billing to the next billing (Quarterly billings).

Molly from City of Ensign

December 2014

Best Online Utility Billing Software Out There!!!!

My Municipality has used this software for the past few years and I have yet to see one con in the ease of use, customer service, or overall quality of the system. Online billing software allows a company the ability to store and easily access customer information, billing, and payments with ease from any location and the security of backing up everything online thereby eliminates the need for an additional an backup system. The Customer support is amazingly quick and efficient. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and willing to help guide you through any obstacles you encounter even years down the road. I would never recommend another billing software to anyone! Munibilling is an overall EXCELLENT system!

October 2013

Larry from PBE Water Supply

October 2013

MuniBilling keeps getting better and better

Whe had been looking for a billing solution for our small water utility for quite some time. We definitely found what we were looking for in MuniBilling. The system has everything and more than we thought possible. I have never had the good fortune to deal with a customer service team such as this one. We can literally make a suggestion ar ask for an upgrade and it will undoubtedly be ready to use within a matter of days. These guys are absolutely great. No way could we have been fortunate enough to run into a business such as MuniBilling, with everything we wanted in a billing solution, plus a whole lot more, and all at an unbelievably low price.

Leeann from Village of Genoa

Billing Manager

Pros

It is a much faster and easier software then my former software. Speed is important when dealing with "upset" customers.

Cons

I can not say I have a dislike, I am only 3 months in to using the software.

March 2015

Linda from Town of Lakewood Village

March 2015

Lakewood Village

We switched to MuniBilling after the software we were using no longer fit our needs. The transfer of customer account data was handled by the MuniBilling team with meticulous attention to detail. The technical support provided is outstanding. We are a small municipality but they are never too busy to spend whatever amount of time it takes to help us resolve an issue or walk us through the steps to accomplish a task. Our customers are now enjoying the benefits of a superior utility billing software.

Jamie from City of Caseville

December 2014

Excellent choice for your Utility Billing needs!

If you are searching for a Utility Billing program for you, you have found it. This company has a great program that is easy to use. You will find that their entire staff is beyond outstanding! You call them with any issue and they will fix it right away. Got special needs for your organization? No problem for them, they will change the program to fit your personal needs. You can't go wrong with this company, and I think you be happy once you join with the rest of us!

Steven from Village of Pigeon

Munibilling

Munibilling has been very good to work with. The transition from our old Utility Billing went very smooth and the staff at Munibilling were very helpful. We have been using Munibilling for a year and have been very satisfied with the product and the company. The staff is very helpful and patient with me as I learn the program. This is the 3 Utility Billing Program I have used in the last seven years and it is the most user friendly.

Judi from Spring City Borough

Review for MuniBilling

The customer service was very helpful. Maybe because of it being the first time there were alot of errors on the registers. The bill seemed to be correct except for a few.

Pros

I like the software. I like the setup of the billing. Very easy to read and understand.

Cons

I liked the software. It is hard to say what I didn't like.

Jessica from Living Water Services

Great Billing Software

Munibilling has been wonderful for us! It is extremely easy to use and the customer service could not be better. Any questions or problems I have experienced with the website have not only been corrected but answered within a timely matter.

January 2015

Kelly from Town of Mountain Park

January 2015

Munibilling

Customer Service is exceptional.