Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Our customer support rep was terrific. She is very familiar with the capabilites of the software."
  • icon"Nice reports, ease of import/export. Support is wonderful and very helpful."
  • icon"Software is easy to learn and very user friendly. Customer support and technical help staff are amazing."
  • icon"Some Knowledgebase instructions are difficult to follow. Unable to schedule notices to take action, such as when disconnects should be done."
  • icon"The software is not very intuitive. It is difficult to remember all the steps to just run a report."
  • icon"Account history is difficult to follow. Needs to be put into a different format."

Have you used QuikWater and would like to share your experience with others?

All QuikWater Reviews

Carole

Quik Water Billing Experience

My company has been using Quick Water for over 10 years. I really appreciate that it has great customer support. We are able to reach an associate personally on a daily basis. We looked at other company's and the prices were much more expensive, which makes it cost prohibitive for small water systems. Their program is simple enough for people like me, who are not computer experts, to navigate! I am a very satisfied customer!

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

I really do not have any issues

Response from TAK Technology

Thank you for a great review.

Replied November 2016

Pamela

Support Staff is terrific!

I think I will learn to love QuikWater.

Pros

The Support Staff! Our customer support rep was terrific. She is very familiar with the capabilites of the software.

Cons

Response from TAK Technology

Pamela is new to QuikWater- she has just had only a few hours or training. The previous billing clerk used QuikWater for several years. This version of the QuikWater software is our most advanced and does require knowledge of accounting and utility billing. I am sure that with additional training Pamela will as she put it "love QuikWater."

Replied September 2018

Jayme

Highly recommend

Pros

Cons

Cannot think of any issues with the software.

jena

customer support is wonder she helps me whenever i call

much easier to understand get reports and easier to fix a mistake

Pros

how fast customer support gets back with you its much easier to understand then the last program we had quick water lets you fix mistakes you make its much easier to get through pulling up names. billing goes out much easier printing works much faster. if you get stuck just call customer support they get on with you help walk you through anything you need help with. they never make you wait a day or a week. they are always happy and kind on the phone.

Cons

i wished this program automatically added the late charges like our old program did. I wished at times it was set up a little different when adding payments and i wish the bank deposit slip i take to the bank was a little bigger to read but over all this program quick water is a wonderful program

Diane

September 2010

User friendly, high quality software for just a fraction of the cost of other water billing programs

Based on four years of using QuikWater Billing Software, I highly recommend their products. I believe QuikWater's business model provides customers like me a high quality utility billing program that is user friendly for a fraction of the cost of other utility billing programs currently offered in the marketplace.

Pros

I have used all three programs (Ultra Lite, Rural and Net-5) and have found them easy to install, understand and operate. I like the variety of reports offered through Net-5 which allows for water system boards to make effective decisions based on real data. I also like that many of our suggestions are implemented on a regular basis and that I can receive training and technical assistance on my own computer using my data. This is important to me because I don't have time or resources to travel to a training site.

Cons

It would be nice to have the option to include more than one e-mail address for renters and owners so that both have the option of receiving an e-bill.

Joy

May 2009

Strongly recommend.

Strongly recommend. When we were looking at software products for utility billing we didn't know what we needed since water and sewer billing was a new endevor. TAK Technology took the time to explain their software prior to purchasing and supported us through the start up period. I have had other small utility systems contact me and I always recommend QwikWater Rural and TAK Technology.

Pros

Easy software to learn and use. Very dependable. Great Customer Service. This software is perfect for the size system that we read meters and bill. When we need forms and place the order, items are shipped almost immediately.

Cons

There are a few reports that could use some flexibility in printing fields. The only other issue is that my software is on a computer that is not connected to the internet so I have difficulty getting any software updates. It would be nice if the updates could be sent out on disk or to my email address with instructions of how to update the software with the downloaded file.

Industry: Utilities

I started slow, but learned the system quickly after a few training sessions.

We converted from an "excel" based accounting to QuickWater. The time savings and accuracy was noticeable immediately.

Pros

The system allows the fewest number of key strokes to enter information into the data base. Using the "tab" key to move directly to the next field makes data entry fast. The reports are well designed including the invoice. I have modified the invoice to include some information specific items.

Cons

I still have more to learn about the Rural system, but so far my experience has been favorable. We will be installing radio-read meters soon. I may need help with the new interface.

I am liking it a lot

The software is a powerful one has taken care of all necessary aspects of managing water bills and has great reports

Pros

It looks like a very detailed system. There are several functions that have been included into the system

Cons

Is there a manual ready? i have been checking on an online manul. Please give a link on where somebody can find a link to the quick water lite and quick water rural?

Anna

Quickwater System and Support

I was placed in the job I currently have without the benefit of training from the former clerk. The support I've had from the staff at Quickwater has been invaluable to me. without them I would have been at a total loss. I still depend on them a great deal. They have always been informative, courteous, and professional beyond what any normal staff would be. Without naming names I do want to say the women (and one man) I've learned from and have treated me with patience and kindness along with helping me learn this system. They should all be lauded and commended for a wonderful attitude and terrific work ethic. I could continue to sing their praises, as they all well deserve it. I thank each and everyone of them that have brought me through the rough times I've experienced trying to learn. Great job everyone!!!!!

Pros

Once learned it's fairly easy to use. I'm still in the learning curve but am getting much more comfortable.............and fortunately not having to make as many phone calls as before due to the excellent staff that works with me.

Cons

While I have no problems with the software, I do wish the user's manual was a little less "techno" for those of us that are rather techno-illiterate.

Response from TAK Technology

Updating our knowledge base to help with support questions in a easier format.

Replied November 2016

Veronica

Industry: Utilities

The program is easy to use! Overall like using the QW software.

Making my billing job so much easier, and that it is easy to use! You can work remotely.

Pros

The billing and payment portion is easy to use. You can email your bills! The membership billing portion!

Cons

It needs a meter number look up! My updates are not working at the moment! In a couple of my systems it won't print bills for a couple of customers.

kimberley

Industry: Utilities

Quik water / we will learn this!!!!

We found the program to be intimidating at first. We had some problems because of our old software. she has been working with Quikwater for so long that it is hard for her to come down to a beginners level for teaching . Once she came down to our level, she was great! THANK YOU TO THE WHOLE TEAM

Pros

It has alot more to offer than our old software , we just have to learn

Cons

The work orders. They dont have the details on them that the field guys want.

Response from TAK Technology

After we received the documentation on the work order format required by NorthStar we made those changes in QuikWater.

Replied June 2017

Jesse

Industry: Public Safety

First time user.

I had a very good experience . The customer support and training was great. They took the time to walk me through each step of the process. I would recommend this product and the support.

Pros

Ease of use.

Ron

February 2012

Buy this Product!

This is actually the second time I have purchased a Quickwater program. The first was for a 1200 customer private rural water company in N/E Arizona. The program made our billing so much easier that TAK was the first place I went for the billing system I will need in Roatan, Honduras. Diana has been amazingly helpful. Don't waste your time on others. Call TAK!

Pros

The best User Friendly program. The best technical help. The fastest response to inquires. The fastest shipping of product. They helped us with other issues on our computer. Seriously, we reviewed numerous programs. TAK is the most professional, yet personal care company.

Cons

I wasted so much time reviewing so many other programs.

KELLY

July 2013

QuikWater Highly recommend if looking for simple and affordable

pros: perfect for smaller water systems that just simply want to do monthly billing and on a tight budget, very easy, accountant likes the monthly reports I bring him, price was very good compared to others, support is very good and quick response especially how they can actually connect with your computer and see exactly what your asking about. cons: the only thing I wish there was a little more room for bill notes overall: I was worried at first because I couldn't believe the price difference compared to all the other programs I was told about and this is our first program and I would have to say we lucked up on our first try.

Carol

Industry: Utilities

BEST SOFTWARE I HAVE EVER USED!

Quikwater offered me the exact product I needed for a small water company. Immediately the support staff there made me feel like family! The instructions are so easy to follow, but any questions you have, they are right there for you and so happy to help! I love love love

Pros

SIMPLICITY (THE MANUAL IS WRITTEN SO WELL) COST (THIS COMES OUT OF MY POCKET). SUPPORT STAFF (ALWAYS SO FRIENDLY AND EAGER TO HELP) AFTER INITIAL SETUP, I WAS BILLING FIRST TIME AROUND!

Cons

I HAVE NONE!

Edie

June 2014

Review for QuikWater Ultra-Lite

I have been using QuikWater Ultra-Lite for 2 years and have had a terrific experience. The product is very reasonably priced and I have had no problems. It performs exactly as expected. In two years I've called support less than 5 times and my calls have always been answered promptly, cheerfully and very helpfully. The problem has always been because of my error and the customer support staff at QuikWater has always been able to answer my questions and fix my problem easily, quickly and pleasantly. I send around 400 utility bills a month and would highly recommend this product.

Betty

May 2009

This system works well with proper training.

This system works well with proper training. Customer service responds quickly to requests and will modify the program when able to. Program is set up to give you choices for bill format, such as a single page or 4 postcards per page.

Pros

Able to use palm or bar code units. Excellent customer service. Able to customize billing & some reports to our specific use.

Cons

Some Knowledgebase instructions are difficult to follow. Unable to schedule notices to take action, such as when disconnects should be done. Account history is difficult to follow. Needs to be put into a different format

Becky