• icon"Easy to use program, and helpful personal that work for the company."
  • icon"I LOVE how the tech support can go into your computer and help you with anything you need!!!! I think it is a great help to any company that they send the billing sheets out without even asking."
  • icon"The customer service is very good. They respond right away and solve any issues that you may have."
  • icon"I can't really come up with anything that I dislike."
  • icon"The only problem I can say is one thing: The activity sheet is hard to explain and break down to the older customers."
  • icon"I don't like that you cannot look up work orders for each specific account."

All Rural Billing Reviews

Sandra

June 2016

AWESOME SOFTWARE

I love the Rural Billing!!!! It is easy to understand! I love the tech support help! I have nothing but great things to say about this software!!!

Pros

Pros: I love how you can talk to the support. I love how you can print anything you need to on the bills. It is very easy to learn and work with. I am thankful for being able to talk to a "REAL PERSON"!! Very fast and easy emailing, calling. I LOVE how the tech support can go into your computer and help you with anything you need!!!! I think it is a great help to any company that they send the billing sheets out without even asking! I wasn't ever trained for this job and I have called many, many times needing help and the gentleman that I speak with has always treated me with the most respect and encourages me and helps me to learn whatever I need to know!!! I am very blessed to have such a fantastic software!!! Thank you all!!

Cons

The only problem I can say is one thing: The activity sheet is hard to explain and break down to the older customers. I have went to show details and still had to go step by step to explain why a customer owed what they did. It is easy if they have a bill no late fee and pay it! That is simple. The ones I need more help with are like a person owes a bill, then late fee applied, then another bill, they make a payment, it needs to be able to be placed under the bill they are making a payment for. I can give you a customer to show you a example for. I have to sit with the customer and go step by step adding and taking away to come up with why they owe each thing. I know this is hard to understand but please feel free to email me or call me so I can help you understand. 256-354-2359

Monica

This is a fantastic program for our small community's water billing program.

Pros

I like the ease of use of this program. I got thrown into the program with no training or assistance, and it was very easy to at least get started.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot look up work orders for each specific account. You have to go through every work order you created to find it

Response from Redline Data Systems

Thanks for your review, Monica! As per our phone conversation, you can search for workorders, on the workorder screen, by account number, name, address or workorder number. As you suggested, we will look at adding a feature that would allow you to see the workorders for the account currently being viewed on the accounts screen. Thanks for your feature suggestion.

Replied December 2020

Kader

September 2022

Great software

Pros

We started using it at the request of the company manager, it took some getting used to at first, but now we can use it actively and we can adapt.

Cons

Overall we had a good experience. The only negative thing we experienced was the learning process. We got through this process quickly by getting support from customer services.

C. Darren

Industry: Utilities

Rural Billing is by far the most user friendly software we have seen when comparing to others.

All the current technology available, with respect to software itself, but mostly customer service. We get any/all updates when they become available, but we get timely customer service which I like. If there ever is a problem, we simply e-mail Rural Billing, and usually within a few hours we receive a response indicating when and how it will be resolved. I don't ever remember having to beg for help, which is nice.

Pros

It is simple, and easy to use, with account information quickly accessed. There are no needless screens or info to navigate thru when analyzing customer inquiries.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the activity screen is reflected on two pages instead of one, when choosing the default dates. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Alisa

Municipal Government Water Billing Software and Support Review

Rural Billing has been a great tool for us regarding our water billing. We are a small town with about 600 water customers. We are a staff of two. Town Clerk & Deputy Clerk. With Rural Billing and our radio transponder meters programs we have our billing process down to a one day operation. Posting payments, adjusting accounts, etc. Is very easy. The Redline Data Support Group have been awesome to work with. Haven't had a problem yet they couldn't solve.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and most of it is self explanatory or has help drop downs to explain things.

Cons

I can't really come up with anything that I dislike.

Mary Lou

Very user friendly.

It helps me manage my water utility with billing, reports, usage, etc.

Pros

When I started in my position as city clerk, the program was already in place. I had nobody to train me so I virtually self taught myself. It is very easy to use. The customer service is very good. They respond right away and solve any issues that you may have.

Cons

When you post a payment that is more than the balance due it has a pop up that asks you if you are sure, but really it's a good thing because it prevents errors.

Susan

September 2016

Rural Billing is a great product!

Rural Billing is an excellent software program. It is easy to learn and easy to use. It's features are very useful. Customer support is always available and any questions are answered in a timely manner.

Pros

The software is very easy to understand and use.

BRENDA

Time used: Free Trial

February 2011

MY JOB- MADE EASIER

110 %.....Would recommend to everyone.....As close to a perfect program as you can get.....

Pros

Nothing negative about Redline. Easy to use, even for a computer illiterate person .Every report you can think of .. space for additional info... such as spouse, mate, SS #, drivers license, etc. Handhelds are great .They alert you if reading seem to be out whack. Messages can be entered..example .. BAD DOG, etc. Billing easy & fast. .. by account #, zip code, etc. Entering new customer - a breeze. Refunding deposits simple. Entering pmts, easy. Mistake made...easily fixed. Wrong ck # can be fixed. Adj. can't be made without an explanation... Really like this feature. Redline is a secure system. If I need help (which, sometimes is often) I email Eric & have a response or a call shortly. Make a mistake, Eric fixes them or tells me how to fix . I need something not in the program & it will benefit others, he will try to incorporate it into the program. I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT .Feel free to email me.

Cons

The only con I can think of, is that all water system don't have Redline. If we were all linked together perhaps we could catch all the customers owing money that move to another water system or put the water in someonelse's name. Or maybe we're the only system that happens to....ha

Kathy

difficulty in coordinating communication between two programs.

The ability to up grade and to modernize to adapt to our changing needs.

Pros

The software has continued to upgrade and evolve to be compatible with more meter reading programs, The technical support service I received went above and beyond the call of duty.

Cons

It took a little bit of time to find out we do not require a bridge for the programs to communicate.

March 2022

Rural billing have to have

We love everything about rural billing

Pros

Easy to navigate. And the customer service has been great.

Cons

Haven't found anything g that stands out

Reasons for switching to Rural Billing

The old billing software was terrible!

VERLORIA

I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS SOFTWARE; VERY USEFUL SOFTWARE.

ONLINE SUPPORT IS VERY GOOD AND ALSO ALL THE UPDATES.

Pros

I LIKE THE EASE OF USING THIS SOFTWARE. IT IS VERY EASY TO USE AND I LIKE NOT THAT THE CUSTOMERS HAVE THE OPTION OF PAYING ONLINE.

Cons

I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS SOFTWARE AT ALL. THERE IS NOTHING THAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE. I AM VERY SATISFIED.

Priscilla

Water Mngr.

Great features and willing to assist and make improvements

Pros

The ease of use and customer service assistance immediate response.

Cons

none to mention everything is working as it should

Donna

Industry: Government Relations

TOS - Sewer

Pros

Easy to use program, and helpful personal that work for the company.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the program

Kim

office manager

Pros

It's user friendly, quick response when having issues

Cons

Still haven't got addresses to flood into our software for AMR reader.

Renee

rural billing the bomb

Pros

The system is very user-friendly with a good support staff

Cons

Cant program to automatically change cycles

Evelyn