• Pros

• "The software is very easy to understand and use. "

• "I like the ease of use the most. It is easy to use, and input any data as well as printing off anything I need."

• "The software is very easy to use and most of it is self explanatory or has help drop downs to explain things."

• Cons

• "The only thing I can think of is the activity screen is reflected on two pages instead of one, when choosing the default dates. Other than that, I have no complaints."

• "I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS SOFTWARE AT ALL. THERE IS NOTHING THAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE. I AM VERY SATISFIED."

• "Still haven't got addresses to flood into our software for AMR reader."

Browse Rural Billing Reviews

June 2016

Sandra from Millerville Water Authority

June 2016

AWESOME SOFTWARE

I love the Rural Billing!!!! It is easy to understand! I love the tech support help! I have nothing but great things to say about this software!!!

Pros

Pros: I love how you can talk to the support. I love how you can print anything you need to on the bills. It is very easy to learn and work with. I am thankful for being able to talk to a "REAL PERSON"!! Very fast and easy emailing, calling. I LOVE how the tech support can go into your computer and help you with anything you need!!!! I think it is a great help to any company that they send the billing sheets out without even asking! I wasn't ever trained for this job and I have called many, many times needing help and the gentleman that I speak with has always treated me with the most respect and encourages me and helps me to learn whatever I need to know!!! I am very blessed to have such a fantastic software!!! Thank you all!!

Cons

The only problem I can say is one thing: The activity sheet is hard to explain and break down to the older customers. I have went to show details and still had to go step by step to explain why a customer owed what they did. It is easy if they have a bill no late fee and pay it! That is simple. The ones I need more help with are like a person owes a bill, then late fee applied, then another bill, they make a payment, it needs to be able to be placed under the bill they are making a payment for. I can give you a customer to show you a example for. I have to sit with the customer and go step by step adding and taking away to come up with why they owe each thing. I know this is hard to understand but please feel free to email me or call me so I can help you understand. 256-354-2359

C. Darren from Englewood-Hulls Water System, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Rural Billing is by far the most user friendly software we have seen when comparing to others.

All the current technology available, with respect to software itself, but mostly customer service. We get any/all updates when they become available, but we get timely customer service which I like. If there ever is a problem, we simply e-mail Rural Billing, and usually within a few hours we receive a response indicating when and how it will be resolved. I don't ever remember having to beg for help, which is nice.

Pros

It is simple, and easy to use, with account information quickly accessed. There are no needless screens or info to navigate thru when analyzing customer inquiries.

January 2016

Stephen from PWSD #4 Bates County

January 2016

I have had a good experience with the software.

Most features are good but there are a couple that could be somewhat different. Meter changes and readings are a big concern here. Changing out meters and entering new readings are impossible if we are reading to do billing.

Response from Redline Data Systems

Replied February 2017

Thank you for your review! Meters and their associated readings may not be changed if the information has been sent into the field to be read via handheld/AMR. This ensures the information remains consistent between the main system and handheld/AMR. Once the readings have been pulled into the main system, or the reading assignment cancelled, the information can be modified as desired.

Alisa from Town of Stokesdale

Municipal Government Water Billing Software and Support Review

Rural Billing has been a great tool for us regarding our water billing. We are a small town with about 600 water customers. We are a staff of two. Town Clerk & Deputy Clerk. With Rural Billing and our radio transponder meters programs we have our billing process down to a one day operation. Posting payments, adjusting accounts, etc. Is very easy. The Redline Data Support Group have been awesome to work with. Haven't had a problem yet they couldn't solve.

Pros

Cons

I can't really come up with anything that I dislike.

Mary Lou from City of Hampton

Very user friendly.

It helps me manage my water utility with billing, reports, usage, etc.

Pros

When I started in my position as city clerk, the program was already in place. I had nobody to train me so I virtually self taught myself. It is very easy to use. The customer service is very good. They respond right away and solve any issues that you may have.

Cons

When you post a payment that is more than the balance due it has a pop up that asks you if you are sure, but really it's a good thing because it prevents errors.

September 2016

Susan from Village of Pleasant Hill

September 2016

Rural Billing is a great product!

Rural Billing is an excellent software program. It is easy to learn and easy to use. It's features are very useful. Customer support is always available and any questions are answered in a timely manner.

Pros

The software is very easy to understand and use.

BRENDA from COOK SPRINGS WATER AUTHORITY

MY JOB- MADE EASIER

110 %.....Would recommend to everyone.....As close to a perfect program as you can get.....

Pros

Nothing negative about Redline. Easy to use, even for a computer illiterate person .Every report you can think of .. space for additional info... such as spouse, mate, SS #, drivers license, etc. Handhelds are great .They alert you if reading seem to be out whack. Messages can be entered..example .. BAD DOG, etc. Billing easy & fast. .. by account #, zip code, etc. Entering new customer - a breeze. Refunding deposits simple. Entering pmts, easy. Mistake made...easily fixed. Wrong ck # can be fixed. Adj. can't be made without an explanation... Really like this feature. Redline is a secure system. If I need help (which, sometimes is often) I email Eric & have a response or a call shortly. Make a mistake, Eric fixes them or tells me how to fix . I need something not in the program & it will benefit others, he will try to incorporate it into the program. I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT .Feel free to email me.

Cons

The only con I can think of, is that all water system don't have Redline. If we were all linked together perhaps we could catch all the customers owing money that move to another water system or put the water in someonelse's name. Or maybe we're the only system that happens to....ha

Kathy from Town of Cokedale

difficulty in coordinating communication between two programs.

The ability to up grade and to modernize to adapt to our changing needs.

Pros

The software has continued to upgrade and evolve to be compatible with more meter reading programs, The technical support service I received went above and beyond the call of duty.

Cons

It took a little bit of time to find out we do not require a bridge for the programs to communicate.

VERLORIA from Internet

I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS SOFTWARE; VERY USEFUL SOFTWARE.

ONLINE SUPPORT IS VERY GOOD AND ALSO ALL THE UPDATES.

Pros

I LIKE THE EASE OF USING THIS SOFTWARE. IT IS VERY EASY TO USE AND I LIKE NOT THAT THE CUSTOMERS HAVE THE OPTION OF PAYING ONLINE.

Renee from Village of Fairport Harbor

rural billing the bomb

Pros

The system is very user-friendly with a good support staff

Cons

Cant program to automatically change cycles

Kim from Okmulgee RWD#21

office manager

Pros

It's user friendly, quick response when having issues

Cons

Still haven't got addresses to flood into our software for AMR reader.

Evelyn from City of Hawk Cove

I have never had any issues with getting help!

Jolene from City of Rexford

Great for a Small Town

Our very small town has been using the system for almost 3 years. I love the ease of use and the reasonal cost. It has many other functions that are helpful, too. I love the way it's put together. I have used other systems and they were so cumbersome and complicated, it drove me crazy. For our situation, this one gets the job done. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use. Nice looking system. Gets the job done.

Chad from Village of Arrowsmith

Redline Data Rural Billing Solution

Our community purchased the Redline Data Rural Billing Solution over a year ago. We are a small community that needed a solution that was easy to impliment and maintain. This solution was perfect for what we needed from both a cost perspective and functionality. We were able to install and configure the solution within a few days and it was very easy to convert our manual billing system over to the Rural Billing solution. The Rural Billing application includes all of the features and functions that high dollar solutions include, but cost is based on the size of your community. The Redline support group is top notch and they go out of their way to work with their customers to ensure that problems are taken care of in a timely manner. We have been very satisfied with the billing product and services that we have received from Redline Data.

June 2013

Becky from Village of Belle Rive, Water Dept.

June 2013

BRIVE

This is the only water billing program I have used, and I have used it about 18 months. The program has a lot of features that we don't use, but I think we should. The help desk is excellent. The program creates very useful reports.

Pros

The program is easy to understand. When you have several entries of money, it always lets you know if it adds up. If you have a problem or question, you can send an e-mail or phone call to the help line and quickly get it corrected. I enter payments and readings.

Cons

We do not use the automatic meter readers so I can't tell you about them. Also, we enter all payments as cash, and we don't do receipts.

August 2015

Barb from PWSD #2

August 2015

Rural Billing is one of the easiest software packages I have ever worked with. Great package.

Love the ease of the software, one click for where/what you want to perform. I had very little training, with the previous person, had lots of questions when I was on my own. The support staff walked me through every step. The staff returned emails/phone calls within a very short period of time with a thorough explanation. If you make a suggestion on something you would like to be able to perform or have the package do, they are working on a solution at their earliest convenience. Reports are very easy to analysis and modify. Great package, support, would highly recommend!!!

Amy from Water Works & Sewer Board of The City of Ashland

Excellent Program

I have recommended this program to several systems who are now using it. I have had systems come to my office to view the Rural Billing set up and it's operations.

Pros

The program is easy to learn and use. Excellent Technical Support. Technical support is easy to understand, and they are quick to respond to any situations. When I have a question, I always speak to the same person, who knows my system. It is not a different person every time I call.

Cons

We have no complaints.

Sandy from Hamilton County BOCC

Redline Data Systems for Rural Billing

Over all I would say that Rural Billing is great and that I am still learning how to use the system. There are times that I struggle in knowing exactly what to do @ which time I do not hesitate to contact Support Redline for assistance . The great part about contacting Redline Customer Service is that they are always willing & ready to assist in whatever is needed, along with walking me thru the steps that I need to learn with our County's Rural Billing. Redline Customer Service is awesome!

Rhonda from Central Talladega County Water District

Use of Rural Billing

We looked at several programs before going with Rural Billing. Rural Billing was the best program for our business and had everything we needed in a billing program. I recommend this program to any one who has thought about changing their billing program.

Pros

Was able to convert old files from old system and creat new account numbers for each account. Was able to change reading meters over to new electronic reading to run bills.

Cons

Can not think of any at this time.

September 2015

Thomas from City of Northrop, MN

September 2015

The software does exactly what I want for the water billing in our small community.

I would refer this software to anyone. The customer support is fantastic. I have made suggestions for software changes and this change was included in one of the updates. I have worked for many years for a large municipal utility with their billing system and the customer support for their software should take lessons from Redline Data Systems. Keep up the great work. It sure makes my job easier. Thanks

February 2011

Bobbie Sue from CAS, Inc. (Colvard Farms HOA)

Great product

Allow more space for notes & integrated an easier way for transferring owners.

Pros

Software is easy to use.

Cons

We really had no major issues with this software...when we first began using we were unable to save reports in .pdf format, but that was upgraded soon after. It would be beneficial if there was more space to input notes on the owners accounts & an easier way to show transfer of ownership.

karen from millerstown borough

millerstown borough review

Completely recommend Redline & this version of rural billing.

Pros

Eric is a wonderful source of information & always a complete pleasure to work with! I have all of my concerns & issues solved timely & explained how to avoid reoccurrences. I love the system. Any suggestions I hae have been implemented in updates.

Cons

None that I can think at this time.

February 2011

Rhonda from Colvard Farms Development Co.

Simple and Efficient

I highly recommend Rural Billing and would not consider another system for my utility billing needs.

Pros

This system is very easy to learn and is user-friendly. Reliability is 100%, and the cost-effectiveness is amazing. I have never had a problem with the system, and Eric is very accomodating with support, questions, and other items.

Cons

There are none.

December 2013

BECKY from CITY OF MOUNDVILLE WATER DEPARTMENT

December 2013

REDLINE DATA RURAL BILLING SYSTEM

CITY OF MOUNDVILLE HAS USED REDLINE DATA SYSTEMS FOR 11 YEARS . THE SIMPLE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS GREAT. EVERYTHING IS UPDATED AS NEEDED . I HAVE ENJOYED THE SERVICE THEY HAVE PROVIDED US . THEY HAVE A EXCELLLENT SUPPORT GROUP . WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM AND CALL THE SUPPORT IS QUICK TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME . I DON'T KNOW OF ANY CONS ABOUT REDLINE .

April 2016

mary from village of edison

April 2016

Easy to understand and use

I had a few problems at first understanding how to fix problems but a quick call and customer service had me on track! This software has made my job so much easier. The tech dept is amazing! Every time I run into a problem, a quick email and I know I will get a quick response and help in no time.

March 2013

Linda from Village of Gattman

March 2013

Billing Program

Would recommend this program to anyone planning to purchase new software for a billing system!

Pros

Great program for our water billing system! Very easy to use and navigate to each portion of customer file.

Cons

Would like to have the capability of printing out more than one report on a page.

Stacey from Charlie Water Supply Corp.

Redline systems

This software is perfect for small water systems and very affordable. We have about 40-meter connections and use an automatic meter reading system. This software works great for us. Tech support is fast and easy. I would recommend it to any small water system

March 2014

Melinda from Shippingport Borough

March 2014

Shippingport Borough, Pa. Water Billing

We have been using the services of Rural Billing for approximately 6 years and have been extremely pleased with it. The program is easy to use and the support team is very helpful to fix any problem that we have. Overall we would recommend any community to use Rural Billing.

October 2012

Lois from Kingsbury Utility Corp

October 2012

Redline Program

Very Good program

Pros

Really like the ease in posting both new readings and payments

Cons

Would like actual sprinkler spot rather than gas Would like the capability to send letters, i.e. the customer base for annual or semi annual flushing

October 2015

Stephanie from BS Utilities

October 2015

Software and support have been GREAT!

The software has been extremely user friendly. When I cannot figure something out, support has been very helpful and timely with all of my requests. I could not be more happy with my decision of choosing Rural Billing.

January 2014

KATHY from TOWN OF VINCENT WATER BOARD

January 2014

KATHY HASSETT- TOWN OF VINCENT WATER BOARD- CLERK

THE WATER BOARD HAS BEEN ON THIS SYSTEM AT LEAST TEN YEARS AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS SOFTWARE FOR ANY KIND OF UTILITY BUSINESS. IT IS SO USER FRIENDLY AND PROVIDES ALL ANYONE WOULD NEED TO KEEP EVERYTHING INVOLVED IN THIS BUSINESS UP TO DATE.

Andrea from Arrowsmith Water Department

Rural Billing

Since we have got this program my job is so much easier. The customer service department are very helpful. They get back to us very quickly and are very friendly. They even remind us when the office will be closed for holidays.

May 2016

Kevin from BeasonChestnutWater

May 2016

Rural Billing

Rural Billing software is an easy program to utilize for small municipalities. The support for technical assistance is beyond anything I have ever experienced. quick turnaround and friendly help!!

November 2015

Vanessa from Northwest St. Clair Water System

November 2015

Excellent system and very easy to use.

I"ve been using Redline billing for years its very easy lay out. The billing gives accuracy on amount to bill customers. If I ever have problems or questions, Redline is always great to help.

May 2013

Tina from Town of Bonanza

May 2013

Great program!

I would recommend highly.

Pros

Program is easy to use and flows well. Customer service is top rate being prompt, helful and friendly whenever needed.

Cons

From my experience, I see no cons.

October 2013

Cathy from Fowler's Bluff Water System, Inc.

October 2013

Redline Data Systems Rural Billing

Very easy to set up, runs well and the support is on top of any issues which are few and far between. As necessary reports are requested by our accountants the soft ware is updated to provide them. Great price as well.

Nancy from Cherokee Water & Gas

Highly recommend Redline Data

Highly recommend

Pros

Redline's rural billing program is very user friendly and the support team is quick & efficient. They are constantly updating the program to fit the needs of their customers.

Cons

No major cons

April 2015

Diane from West Barbour Co. Water Authority

April 2015

The best customer service.

There is nothing bad I can say, I love this billing program and they kept everything up to date. The customer service is outstanding, I can not express enough how great they are.

July 2015

Tracy from Town of Vance

July 2015

Looks & Works great

At first it was difficult to find the history of an account (activity), but once I took the time to review all of it; in time it has become a bit easier~ Works great

February 2013

Sally from Town of Lyerly

February 2013

Rural Billing Review

This is a great system and I highly recommend it.

Pros

If I have any question, customer support is easy to contact. - The system is easy to use

Cons

none that I can think of

Samilda from Summerhill Borough

Summerhill Borough

Program very user friendly. Customer Service is very prompt returning calls and are very helpful. Would recommend the program.

June 2014

dale from Village of Ransom

June 2014

Rural Billing

easy to use, great interface, great support staff, many features in one package. would recommend to anyone big or small.

March 2015

Sarah from City of St John

March 2015

City Auditor

Very good customer service and support.