Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"They are always available to help guide or even access remotely and show me how to accomplish what I need to do."
  • icon"The Support group is an amazing bunch of people that are easy to talk to. Easy to understand when they are guiding me through any issue that I may have come up."
  • icon"It's very easy to use, and having the monthly support is very useful."
  • icon"Other than a few bugs that we have received updates for, no major cons."
  • icon"Sometimes i have a hard time understanding the history for each customer."
  • icon"I really don't like that you have to close out of any window you are currently in to access another. It makes for frustrating and extra steps that could easily be avoided."

Have you used SOFTWater and would like to share your experience with others?

All SOFTWater Reviews

Great billing software

Our department has been using SOFTWater since 2004. We have had minimal issues from the start.

Pros

Great tech support when call with questions

Cons

The con that we have is that only certain printers can be used to print bills.

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you for your feedback. We do have customers using many different brands of printers. You just have to make sure the printer can handle legal-sized, card stock paper. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions and concerns. Thanks!

Linda

Intedata Softwater Revies

Softwater does the job and works great for our small water office. I know that there are features that I am sure I don't utilize to the fullest. Overall we have had great success with the program.

Pros

Ease of use of the program. Comfort in using the program. Help Support button in program can answer most every question. Staff support is very useful if you don't find the answer with the help button.

Cons

Deposit refund and adjustments. Sometimes when closing out an account if you don't get it before closing of billing in a particular month it bills the next month. I have to watch and adjust off.

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you for your feedback. By default, after you close out an account, the next billing will be its final bill. So, if you wait until after billing to close the account, it thinks the following billing should be the final bill. You can simply change the billing setup to prevent those final charges though. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions and concerns. Thanks!

Barbie

Great Customer Support

Overall, I am very happy with Softwater.

Pros

I am very happy with the customer support on Softwater. Sometimes, I wish a technician could answer my questions right when I call in, but I understand there are only a few technicians available. Any time I have had an issue, the technician offers to dial in to my site and fix the issue or show me how to fix the issue.

Cons

I wish the software would allow me to re-email invoices to my customers. Also, wish there were an easier layout of the customers account showing each monthly billing and their payment applied against it, like Quickbooks does. it would really help when you are trying to explain to the customer if they missed a payment why their balance is what it is. They seem to get lost in understanding the receipt of their payment applied against their account.

Response from Intedata Systems

We appreciate your taking the time to submit a review and for making these suggestions. Another option for the customer¿s balance and payment history is to use our option for exporting the history to Excel. That way, you can rearrange the data however you wish. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions and concerns. Thanks!

Kathie

softwater review

I am fairly new and I am quite pleased with the softwater system. I am most impressed with the staff support, exceptional. Quick returned phone calls, problem solving and very helpful and nice.

Pros

All the various functions of the software, the history of customers, refunds, etc.

Cons

When paying on-line the software will take off any water owed first then penalties, customers think they still owe the disconnect fee when receiving their next bill.

Response from Intedata Systems

Thanks so much for your input! By default, SOFTWater does pay off the oldest charges first, and then in charge code order. If you need to rearrange the code order, we can help you with that. Also, each billing, the bills must show all adjustments and late penalties added during the billing cycle. But, if they have been paid, it will show the credits also. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions and concerns. Thanks!

Jamee

Exceeds expectations

The customer service is outstanding. Without such knowledgeable and professional people there are days that I would not have a good day without all my special people at Intedata. They are great people and they are like family. Blessed to have such a great team to work with.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Even if you have a question, you can always use the help and it will step you right through what you need help with.

Cons

Wish we could put Red writing on bills and red flag more things as in remarks

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you for your review. We certainly appreciate the input and the enhancement suggestions. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions and concerns. Thanks!

Jessica

Industry: Utilities

The customer service and technical support is better than any other software company I have ever worked with. They are always friendly and prompt. If they can not answer a question they get back with us very quickly with answers. I will truly miss them when we change to the new software...

Pros

This software is very easy to navigate but does not offer all the functions that we need. We are currently looking for a new software...

Cons

The SoftLedger is a horrible software. As a matter of fact, we asked for a refund after using the product because it could not provide the simple accounting functions that QuickBooks can provide. The time it takes to do double entry into SoftWater & QuickBooks is time consuming but it works much better that the SoftLedger software.

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you for your input and for taking the time to review SOFTWater. The SOFTLedger module was an older program that we no longer sell. We are in the process of rewriting SOFTWater and will be adding options for interfacing with several different accounting packages, including QuickBooks.

Reyna

Small system user

Tech support is always ready to help and friendly. Our system serves around 150 customers and we are very satisfied with the software.

Pros

Keeps track of meter readings and in case of operator or mechanical error it gives you the flexibility to manually enter or change a reading.

Cons

Cannot print out previous statements and can only print the current month. After receiving a payment a statement cannot be printed with new balance. Must wait for month to close.

Response from Intedata Systems

We appreciate your taking the time to review SOFTWater. At each billing, you can save your bills as a .pdf file and then easily print bills from any previous billing. Also, if you have not saved to .pdf, you can always use our Temp folder to reprint bills and reports for any previous cycle. If you need to print an account statement that includes new balance adjustments, you can print the billing detail and/or balance detail for your customers. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions and concerns. Thanks!

Heather

Good Software... EXCELLENT Customer Service

Overall, I find the Customer Service reps excellent they always have an answer or find one for us and never get frustrated by my beginner questions even when i have to ask 2 - 3 times. I'm sure there are ways to make the system more efficient and integrate easier with other office software.

Pros

The windows are easy to navigate through with easy to follow instructions available in the Help Function. Tracking current usage and bills is easy to do. We are a small company and I'm sure there are features we are not able or are impractical for us to use. I'm very new to the position and to SoftWater so I particularly appreciate the help of the customer service staff. They are always available to help guide or even access remotely and show me how to accomplish what I need to do.

Cons

I really don't like that you have to close out of any window you are currently in to access another. It makes for frustrating and extra steps that could easily be avoided. The Biggest help for us would be integration with Quick-books. At present all information entered into our Softwater Program must be reentered into Quick-books not only taking extra time but allowing the possibility of errors in data entry.

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve! We are currently working on both of these issues as we are in the process of rewriting SOFTWater. In fact, we plan on giving options for interfacing with several different accounting programs, not just QuickBooks. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions and concerns. Thanks!

Kim

Industry: Utilities

SOFTWater Customer Service is second to none!

Love SoftTelPay - that feature has made my life so much easier and has saved us a ton of money. The customer service and support is outstanding!

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to learn and has some great features.

Cons

Not so easy to go back and correct a mistake.

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you for your review of SOFTWater. We appreciate the feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve! We actually have plenty of ways to undo, edit and adjust transactions, readings and other information. In addition, we require backups before all major processes to allow for redoing and correcting. We will contact you to find out where you are having trouble correcting mistakes. Thanks!

Jill

softwater is an excellent program

My overall experience with SOFT water is 100%. In my 35 + years of working for Federal, State, County, and Local government agencies. This is the best one I've dealt with.

Pros

This software is easy to understand. It's easy to move around each and every area needed. The Support group is an amazing bunch of people that are easy to talk to. Easy to understand when they are guiding me through any issue that I may have come up.

Cons

I have no problems with this program or it's support staff.

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate it!

JAMIE

NPWA

Pros

EASE OF NAVIGATING THE SOFTWARE, THE CALL BLAST FEATURES

Cons

THAT THE METER # & READING FIELDS CAN'T BOTH HOLD 8 DIGITS, THAT WHEN CHANGING AN ACCT TO A METER MULTIPLIER IT DID NOT ADD IT ON METER READING. HAVE TO ENTER IT IN BY HAND EACH MONTH

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve! We currently are working on a software revision that will include expanding the reading fields. Also, in SOFTWater, the meter multiplier adds the extra zero to the calculated usage, not to the readings themselves. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions and concerns. Thanks!

Michel

billing system

We have been using this softwater system for years and it's all we will ever use.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and having the monthly support is very useful.

Cons

It looks a but "old", but nothing major.

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate the feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve! We are in the process of rewriting SOFTWater to incorporate lots of enhancements to the functionality, as well as updating the look of the software. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions and concerns. Thanks!

Cecelia

Time used: Free Trial

March 2010

Softwater is the utility software that changes with the needs of its customers.

The overall benefits of this program would be an assett to any utility.

Pros

I have worked with this program for almost three years and in that time Intedata has taken the initiative to change aspects of the program as needed and as we have suggested. The customer service is prompt and they do truely care and help with what ever, no matter how trivial or extreme our needs are. The program allows for each customer per meter to have an account that includes everything from customer information to billing, meter info, owner info, notes, references, etc. that make it easy to locate and find histories in usage, charges, previous tenants or owners. With the website and soft Epay we have expanded our customers options tremendously and increased our customer service. Also, the program has features which allow for us to have multiple companies within the same software, and if you run more than one water system this is a huge bonus.

Cons

There is always room for improvement as our technoligical needs change and Softwater is working towards that with enhancements and ease of use. My biggest worry is loss of data, which can always happen when installing new customers or updates, or swapping meters. Loss has occured in the past and data had to be re-entered; however, with the backups, whether on our hard drive or remotely to intedata, the loss is very minimal and only occurred once.

Wendy

13 Year User

Pros

Immediately Available Phone Support - Ease of Use - Updates that include Customer Recommendations!!! Five Stars in Overall Performance! Excellent Value! (This office bills for two companies; SoftWater is one of the programs - wish the other billing was on the same platform!)

Cons

Thought about this question for ten minutes; coming up "blank".

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you so much for the kind review. We appreciate it!

Eve

Great Customer Service

We have never had problems with SOFTWater. We recently added the SOFTtelpay and epay and we love it. Our customers are very happy to have an additional way to pay their bill.

Pros

Software is very user friendly and the girls in customer service are top notch and always happy to help.

Cons

We don't have anything that we don't like.

Response from Intedata Systems

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate it!

JACQUELINE