Browse Submeter Billing Reviews

Susan from Moody Rambin

Submeter Billing

Nothing but upsides. Great product with reasonable pricing and knowledgeable personnel.

Pros

The software is user friendly and offers various reports. The support team is fabulous. They provide timely metering invoices that can be customized along with emails stating when the invoices are ready, and they notify us if there appears to be an issue with a meter or meter read in advance of submitting the invoices. They are always available, courteous and professional.

Cons

Nothing at this time. Everything works as is contracted.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our Submeter Billing product! We are so happy that you love both the product and our support team!

Nyeela from EQ Office

Electric Metering Made Easy

Saves us time on the back end not having to compile and calculate the readings for billing.

Pros

How easy it is to report readings and receive statements and reports back quickly

Cons

It would be nice if it was fool proof, regarding the readings, instead of needing a middle man to confirm the readings. (Millennial Problems lol)

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback! We will keep working hard to make our products as easy to use as possible.

James from Valley View Maintenance

Needs some minor work

Pros

Always logged in and ready for use in the field, ease of selecting property and meter

Cons

In app guidance for reporting meter read ( do I count the digits after the decimal, how do you read digital meters versus analog ) crew has misread meters by adding the digits after the decimal which has resulted in it appearing that the tenant had higher than expected water usage. Camera glitches and shows a green screen very often.

Response from Genea

Replied November 2021

Thank you for your feedback! Genea would be happy to assist in a training event for your team on how to read meters, just let your Genea team know and we will assist!

Yanny from Parkway

Love Genea!

I haven't really had any issues but when I had, the team was always there to answer my questions in a timely manner.

Pros

I love that it's easy to use and makes my life so much easier when it comes to billing back our tenants for their electric usage or to set up their overtime HVAC. I also love how customer service oriented everyone is. Everyone is always so helpful and their replies to emails are always super quick. Love the Genea team!

Cons

Nothing....I really love this program! It's easy to use and navigate.

Response from Genea

Replied November 2021

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the time you took and your continued support :)

James from Fortis

Pleasant Experience

Nice Easy and simple use

Pros

Ease of use and reporting system for businesses

Cons

nothing really its easy to use and a great tool

Response from Genea

Replied November 2021

Thank you for your feedback!

Sarah from Rockhill Management

Billing Made Easy

Overall, I really love submeter billing. Worth every penny and highly recommend.

Pros

I love this software because it saves me a lot of time and is more accurate. We used to calculate our monthly billings manually, and there was a lot of room for error and it took up a lot of valuable time.

Cons

I think sometimes it can be difficult when you deal with different people MTM putting together your billing because you get the same questions asked a lot. It's not a software issue exactly, but part of the package.

Response from Genea

Replied November 2021

Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear that we are able to help you save time in your day-to-day :)

Shenel from Four Oaks Place Operating LP

Submeter tracking/billing

keeps track of usage and billing clients above allotted amounts.

Pros

The ease of uploading data from meter reading

Cons

I dont believe there is any features missing, some of the reports are not done well though.

Response from Genea

Replied November 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to hear that you find the service easy to use, and are currently working on a reporting function to be accessible to our customers! In the meantime, if there's anything that you need please reach out to your Genea team and we will assist you :)

Monica from LACERA Gateway Property, Inc.

Submeter Billing

Pros

It is pretty easy to use when I need to run my monthly reports

Cons

I would like to access all types or reporting features

Response from Genea

Replied November 2021

Alyssa from JLL

Good

Pros

That it does the billing for us and once something is set up we don't have to go back and adjust.

Cons

Sometimes the billing gets so complicated it is hard to verify billing amounts.

Response from Genea

Replied November 2021

Thank you for your feedback! If there is ever anything that we can do to help you break down your tenant billback charges please let us know, we are happy to help!

Amanda from Crescent

Saves time, great customer support

Pros

Saves me so much time by producing our monthly invoices for us.

Cons

I don't have anything to list about what I don't like right now.

Response from Genea

Replied November 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to hear that our products and services are helping you in your day-to-day!

John from LBA Realty

Genea after hours- Park Place

Submeter billing has made it very simple not having to physically go to each meter to read them. The revenue generated has been great.

Pros

Ease of use on a PC and cell phone. Good reporting platform

Cons

At this point I do not have a con to report. Everything is very user friendly.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thanks so much for your review! Nothing better than hearing about increased revenue for our clients :)

Dave from Duke Realty

Submeter billing product is good - the people behind it are better

Saving time on monthly tenant billbacks.

Pros

We each have two (2) multi-tenant buildings where the water and/or electric gets read and billed back each month. Using the Genea service saves between 1-1.5 hrs messing with excel worksheets, which allows me time to focus on other property issues. I have a monthly tickler to send Genea the most recent utility bills when they come in. After emailing that, I get back the tenant invoicing to be added to our system. I don't need to read meter photos, as our building tech enters the numbers into Genea’s system directly. However, the photos are available for auditing purposes, which is great. Although I like the speed and accuracy of the software, I appreciate even more the responsiveness and helpfulness of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the Genea team when they quickly correct minor issues that do occur.

Cons

The setup process was seamless and the product has been simple for our team to use. One feature that would be useful would be a forecast of the next year's readings based on prior trends/seasonality that could be used during budget season. This may already be possible as it is our first year using Genea.

Response from Genea

Replied April 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Very happy to hear you are enjoying our product and service!

Crystal from The Dilweg Companies, Inc.

Wonderful Company To Work With

Overall, I enjoy working with Genea. It helps me get an accurate billing for the tenants, I can download past statements, I can see meter reading, etc.

Pros

I don't have to do the utility billing calculations, shows the meter information and readings, download statements

Cons

Time frame, we must have our statements within 24 hours. Online Portal has been down for a while now.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review and feedback!

LAURA from Dilweg

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

It has been good.

Pros

The amount of money that we have been able to recoup from the tenants as we were not reading the meter correctly, and in some cases we were billing the tenant annually less than what the actual submeter usage was on a monthly basis under Genea.

Cons

Using the submeter for water use, and in the beginning found out that we were adding in the stormwater fee under the tenants water submeter cost. This led to a large credit going back to the tenant.

Reasons for Choosing Submeter Billing

Found to be easy to use at other properties within the company.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review and feedback! Also, thank you so much for your patience in the early stages of our service to your property in helping us understand the nuances of how your billing process works.

Evette from QKC Maui

a great asset!

I have gotten used to the change and am extremely happy with the customer service I receive from my team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & the AMRB team are the best.

Pros

Easy to look up the information needed.

Cons

I am not able to review a 2 month window at once and export to excel

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for your review! Always very happy to hear customer satisfaction with our customer success team :)

Laura from Unico Properties LLC

Genea Review

Pros

The software is easy to use and the documents are well put together to use as back-up for the charges. I also like that I have access to previous billings.

Cons

I have not found anything that I don't like about it.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Submeter Billing product! We are pleased to hear that it is easy for you to use :)

Jeovana from The Dilweg Companies, LLC

TDC Centennial Review

Since the submeter reading system has been implemented I will say it is so much better than having one person do calculations for over 100+ tenants. I honestly think this system was the highlight of 2019 for me.

Pros

I love that statements are readily available anytime for the building as a whole individually for the tenants.

Cons

Sometimes the navigation of the system can be a bit tricky. I think for the most part the system is very user friendly.

Response from Genea

Replied March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Very happy to hear you are enjoying our product :)

Eric from RMR Group

Submeter

The overall experience is great! Its super easy to use and the readings are complete in a very short period of time.

Pros

The software is very easy to download and utilize. We mostly use this via mobile phone. I have four people on my team that use this and it was extremely easy for them to learn how to use it.

Cons

The only problem that we have had was uploading. That problem was user error.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! Delighted to hear how easy it was for you and your team to adapt to the product!

Aaron from EMMES

Great Overall Program

Pros

ease of automatic billing to our tenants.

Cons

addressing errors and billing on expired tenants.

not sure.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review and feedback! Our goal is to provide 100% accuracy on all tenant billings, if there is anything specific that needs to be addressed we have 24/7 support ready to assist you. Contact information is available on our login page.

Juan from The Dilweg Companies

Juan Camacho Review

The overall experience has been very good.

Pros

The application is very easy to use and saves a lot of time on the building engineers.

Cons

There have been some issues with the software that took a little be too long to correct.

Response from Genea

Replied November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to hear that our product has been able to save you time! We apologize for any delays you have experienced with software issues and we are definitely always working on improving our software!

Jacob from Anchor Health Properties

Submeter Billing

This is a great experience and saves me hours each month to work on other aspects of our business. I was spending around 3-4 hours each month pulling data and compiling statements.

Pros

This software makes it easier and faster to pull invoices and details that we can send to our customers.

Cons

I have zero cons. The only way to make it better is if it pulled our utility invoices directly so we didn't have to email them over.

Reasons for Choosing Submeter Billing

Genea did a presentation for our company and many managers recommended it.

Reasons for Switching to Submeter Billing

The old system was taking too long and had many errors and was slow, I forget the name but it has been in place for around 8 years prior to us purchasing the building.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for your review! We love to hear that it is saving you time in your work day!

Kelly from Transwestern

Wonderful!

Overall experience is it makes tracking and billing easy!

Pros

This software makes submitting and tracking submeters easy for the whole team

Cons

I wish it were easier to add new meters when tenants move in.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review! We are always working on making improvements to our system and value your feedback.

Nick from The RMR Group

Ease of use

Pros

The app is easy to use and understand. Helps keeps thing organized.

Cons

Every so often the meters that get read will get hung up in the download section and you have to manually upload.

Response from Genea

Replied February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! Happy to hear we are able to you keep organized!

Joy from Lockehouse PMG

Submeter Billing for Small Retail Shopping Center - mixed use

Cannot find a master spreadsheet to confirm data

Pros

handles the submetering data collection and invoicing

Cons

Hard to customize and implementation data was not easily confirmed at the beginning

Response from Genea

Replied November 2021

Thank you for your feedback!

Al from DGS

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Got to be something better

Poor

Pros

In an app. Compatible with my tablets.

Cons

Doesn't allow notation. Too many steps. Customer service good but takes too long to get to a solution. I'm an end user. Most of this doesn't apply.