Browse Indigo.Design Reviews

Kyanij from Aqore Software Company

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Best prototype design application

This app is handy when it comes to creating complex prototypes. It provides a lot of features for making interactive animated prototypes

Pros

It provides an easy way to integrate with a sketch that's what I really love about. Also, it comes up with the new feature of creating usability study. Besides that, it allows me to create animated interactive prototypes efficiently. The learning curve of this app is so easy everyone can learn it in a short period of time.

Cons

This app requires high memory usage and resources so it isn't applicable for that laptop that has a low ram configuration.

Audrey from Uzinakod

A picture is worth a thousand words,..an Indigo Studio prototype is worth a million!

As a business analyst, my main aim is to make sure that clients and developers share a common understanding of the requirements and functionalities. Indigo Studio has been an invaluable tool to define and refine requirements and interactions with stakeholders and communicate these requirements to the development team. I started using Indigo Design while it was still on beta at a previous job and had a great experience with it. When I got the chance to select a prototyping tool at my new job, I chose Indigo Design, knowing it would allow to quickly and easily create prototypes and be easy to learn for future team members regardless of their technical or design background.

Pros

- Easily create interactions: Indigo's greatest strength is indubitably the ease with which it allows to simulate interactions. You can create simple interactions by creating states triggered by events in just a few minutes without having to be an expert UX/UI designer or a developer. - Easy to share with stakeholders and team: The link sharing capabilities allow stakeholders and team members to access the prototype, interact with it and comment. - Easily reuse elements with screenparts: Screenparts allow to define elements once and reuse them throughout the project whenever applicable instead of having to redo the element over and over. - Useful icon library: The icon library allows to better illustrate some concepts as well as to add some style to prototypes without having to look for images.

Cons

- No versioning capabilities: There is no direct way to save a version of the published prototypes and be able to share a working version with other people as functionalities and tweaks are added by a stakeholder while the development team is working on the previously defined scope. - Collaboration functionalities: the collaboration functionalities are essentially limited to publishing and downloading, meaning everyone is using a copy of prototypes and "screenparts" instead of having a common base. It would be great to be able to build a library of reference elements shared with a team. - Limited text formatting options: This is a less critical issue but being able to format table cells would allow to show that some elements are hyperlinks for instance.

Reasons for Choosing Indigo.Design

The ability to easily create interactive prototypes.

Thomas from TurnCommerce

Nothing special. Buggy at best.

I was hoping for so much more, having the component library for sketch (does not work well) and code generation (also very buggy and does not work well) were the reasons I chose to also try indigo design. But compared to other products it is way too basic.

Pros

Integrating with sketch was easy.

Cons

There is no useful tools. So much left to be desired. Prototyping is sub-oar at best and that is really the only feature available.

Reasons for Choosing Indigo.Design

Because of the component library for sketch and code generation, which both left so much to be desired.

Dudley from S2

Easg

Generally good

Pros

Its really easy to use and learn and to pick up

Cons

Templates could be better, and could be more interactive

Response from INFRAGISTICS

Replied November 2021

Thank you for sharing as a positive the product ease of use! We invest a lot in UX improvements whenever needed. As for the templates, the present one are meant to help boostraping a quick layout and start your app from there. We also provide a premade examples that we consider more as mockups with common interactions rather than real-end apps with dynamic logic. We hope that you will enjoy using them as well.

Wesley from Lead Out Software

Great product

It makes working with clients and developers much easier and makes us look a lot more professional.

Pros

Integration with Sketch makes it easy to share wireframes and prototypes with clients and for developers to get the specific information they need to build the UI.

Cons

I love the code generation concept. However, it is limited in what it can code. Some of the features we want to use (basically aspects that adjust the screen in some ways like a side navigation bar and accordion) are not supported. Would love to see them expand the list of supported components.

Reasons for Choosing Indigo.Design

We were already using Infragistics' Ignite UI for Angular, so it was a natural fit.

Colin from eBao

Great UI design tool

Overall I think the experience is pretty good, the learning curve is normal and easy to learn it in a short time and integrate with the existing process.

Pros

Easy to use, and intuitive process to create the UI prototype. Like the feature to easily create the shared component and reuse them in different design. Easy to share with the end users to evaluate the usability.

Cons

A bit difficult to allow collaboration across teams as multiple team members working on one project. Also wish to have more out-of-box templates available.

Reasons for Choosing Indigo.Design

It is easier to learn Indigo than Axure and can also provide similar features as expected.

The software is very easy to use & for first time user it is fairly simple to get started quickly.

Easy to create application screens & very simple to create prototype.

Pros

1) Simple to create screens & adding interactions from one screen to other is very easy. 2) Enough UI Elements library to create wireframes & clickable prototypes.

Cons

1) Horizontal tab navigation for screens: As the application has horizontal tab navigation for screens, it is very difficult to see all the screen as there is limited space, also adding more screen increases the scroll which slows the working speed by increasing the time to find the screen to work upon. Also, the application always crashes when there are many screens added to to horizontal tab. I would suggest to have vertical left navigation for screens, as available in other prototyping tools such as Axure. 2) Old set of tablet & phone devices for screens: because old iPhone & tablet shells the prototype looks ugly, to avoid that we have to we have insert a image of new nice looking iPhone shell in our prototype manually & inside that we put UI Elements. 3)Not having support to see it on mobile devices with actual size: we can not show the mockup to our stakeholders on actual iPhone like a native application, every time we have to open it in browser window. I would suggest to add a full screen support on mobile devices without browser window. 4) Download as app feature missing: Many times we need to test our mockup on actual devices but there is no facility to download it as an app, I would suggest to add this feature, this feature is already present in other applications like Invision app wherein the mockup can be viewed as an app on tapping the mockup icon on mobile phones.

Frederic from TRASYS INTERNATIONAL

I use it to design and prototype business web applications for European Institutions.

Good reputation from peers Easier communication with customers recognized as UX professional

Pros

Very fast designing process including the magic ALT-click. The concept of State for screens and the associated navigation pane The animation timeline that is intuitive and easy to use. Regular updates that brings new stuffs based on user requests. I really appreciate this approach that most companies don't put in practice. The Sharing functionality that is easy to use and allow us to show and collect feedback of users. In the last versions, the integration of Google Fonts The screenparts that help us to go faster by reusing parts including animations and states Lat but not least, the user support is one of the best I had. Thanks again to these guys!

Cons

It's still tricky to use it behind our company firewall. Seems to be fixed in the lasts versions but still unstable. e.g. it lost the sign in quite often. The pricing policy is quite expensive so we limit our number of licences.

Pavol from Kentico Software

There isn't any prototyping tool with this kind of animation capabilities. The best for the money.

Pros

There is a lot of intuitive features for interactive prototyping, usability testing, and collaboration. You can copy/paste your designs from Sketch and animate your interactions in any possible way.

Cons

Occasional bugs and slow performance on larger projects, probably because of MS Silverlight. There should be more features (like in Sketch) for high-fidelity design and typography. I still think its the best solution for the money. kind of animation capabilities, there is only Axure RP, which is expensive and way less intuitive.

Chuladid Jul from Digitopolis Co., Ltd.

I use it to design mockup wireframe for Mobile Apps, I used to it since it was version 1

Pros

Easy to use, Easy to understand, Cover most of iOS App Design. I use it as a quick sketch tools to give me an idea about how is my app interact with the user, better to communicate with my team and my client by focus on functionalities

Cons

the performance on Mac is not so good. Sometime when the project has many page the app almost stop, loading for a long time, sometime it crash. and it's not up to date for App Design with ios 11 and no new iOS - Android component

Quick and easy to use, intuitive and user friendly.

Pros

Intuitive and has the needed features to create most common prototype challenges that me and my team are facing. In comparison to existing products out there, indigo is by far, superior. It is helping us approach users with high end prototypes, fast, accurate and with no development efforts. My design team has become powerful and independent! Plus we are all aligned and on the same page using the collaboration Indigo tools.

Cons

Rendering is a bit slow maybe due to the Silverlight engine. No palette saving. No typography details. Complex prototypes get really slow and break. Not enough of collaborative design. Still, need some enhancements to compete with prototyping tools that exist in today's market.

Joe from Ticomix

I use Indigo every day, and while there are frustrating bugs sometimes, it's still the best solution

Pros

I love how I can easily add UI elements to the page and how it gives me a tool to tell my developers exactly how I want a page to be laid out. Also, screen parts are very useful and save me a ton of time when designing storyboards.

Cons

I hate the fact that table cells aren't containers, so if I want to put a button in there, it's just an overlay that doesn't follow the table. Also, there's no really good way to several enter notes about particular UI elements. I can add callouts and notes, but that gets very unwieldy after 7 or so notes.

Sagit from Thomson Reuters

Easy to learn and use. Has some great features that allows collaboration and usability testing.

Pros

I love the fact that we can make it so realistic it looks and behaves like the real tool and allows us to test. The creation of a URL we can share with the teams and update is great too. The animations are great! Very easy for the UX team to show the Dev team what we need. Customer support is awesome!! Here is a company that really listens to users and develops features we really need and use.

Cons

I would like and enhances ability to control fonts (add my own) and also control the look of scroll bars.

Roman from Rutgers University

Overall, I have enjoyed using Indigo to create various prototypes and taught it to my coworkers.

I got to use this program for one of my IT classes in which we had to develop an app prototype to solve or remedy a social program. Aside from this, I have taught the basics of this class (elements, interactions, animations, etc) to several coworkers at my job at Rutgers University.

Pros

I really like the base version of the software because it is free and has enough features to be relevant and make a good prototype. I like how there is a free version and the chance to get an academic license because students really enjoy using the software to make prototypes and express their ideas. I enjoy the elements provided, features and the options for viewports. The prototype can be as advanced or as simple as the person wants it to be. I like the ability to save my projects directly to my personal workspace which makes it easy to work on the go.

Cons

The program can be pretty confusing to use if you overlook the tutorials and video that are presented to you from Infragistics. I personally teach a course on App Design Prototype and I use Indigo to do so. I present a demonstration in the class and show the students where everything is and how things work. The students really enjoy the demo and it helps them understand the software. I think that the Indigo Essentials version should still let you share your prototypes with people via links! Is there a way to delete projects I have saved to my personal workspace?

Indigo studio is a great replacement to wireframing and protoptyping tools like Axure and Balsamiq

Pros

Ability to create interactive prototypes with animations quickly and also ability to sync with Sketch to reuse artifacts . Usability testing is something which starting to get used in our workflow.

Cons

Restrictions on Fonts and Libraries pushes me to use Sketch more often and since Sketch is catching up on prototyping ...value of using Indigostudio is getting low because of these limitations

Michael from Ticomix

Best tool on the market

Pros

We looked at all the wireframing tool on the market, and none have the features that Indigo Studio has. The ability to be able to deploy wireframes as a site is invaluable to our proposal process.

Cons

There are a few small lingering bugs, but nothing so bad as to stop us from using the product. This mostly has to do with text entered in wireframes.

Easy to get started with a good array of tools

It helps me easily create attractive prototypes to present to management and our product design team.

Pros

As a software engineer who works on legacy software with an unfriendly UI I thought "I'll bet I can come up with something better." Indigo Studio makes it easy to develop a prototype of a better way that I can present to management and our product designers. I really like that I can easily create not just static mockups, but functional prototypes. And from an engineering perspective, it's nice that there's no code involved so management can't say "It looks great. Ship it!" It really is just a prototype.

Cons

I wish the included tools were a bit more customizable. For instance, backgrounds can only be one color, not a gradient. Also, the chart control only allows you to set the type of chart but nothing more about it, though that can be explained away as "it's just to show a chart goes here." Finally, it would be nice if the code snippets panel was editable to allow for even more customization.

Mohan from ValueMomentum

Its a wonderful prototyping tool. Easy to do lo to hi fedility mockups

Pros

Ease of use , the kind of interactions I can showcase and most importantly secure url sharing with clients.

Cons

Missing gradients, option to switch off changes to child states incase of changes required in parent and improve no of things you can define in central styles

Jeremy from AAPI Services

Indigo Studio is remarkable software as it allows you the opportunity to prototype an app seamlessly

My team and I were able to demo an idea that we needed to illustrate to a panel of judges for an IT project in my college. This software helped my team win an award in an end of the semester competition that we had with plenty of other groups. The judges enjoyed using our prototype and it helped provide an interesting outlook on how our idea would function if it were actually made into an application. So thank you to all who helped develop it, especially on behalf of my group!

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it saves massive amounts of time when it comes to showcasing a product because you can share your vision with others without actually having it created through extraneous amounts of coding. It's a very cost-efficient option that comes with amazing depth and variety. The interface is also very user friendly and simple to use. Indigo's quality is top notch, as it can provide prototypes that already look like finished products. It is a go to for any developer seeking to extend their unfinished vision in an illustrative way.

Cons

What I like least about the software is simply that it can be sometimes difficult to understand how to locate and use everything properly. But, thankfully the tutorials and customer service easily clears up a lot of the confusion if utilized.

Leobardo from L&F Distributors, LLC.

Indigo.Design; a Quick and Easy App for Prototyping

Overall, I was asked to look into this product as a means of cranking out a bunch of different little models to present to the rest of the programming team to get a visual on how an app was going to look and behave. Indigo.Design scratched that had-to-reach itch with gusto and we were all very satisfied with it.

Pros

The product is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. I cannot overstate that fact any more if I could. Viewing and mapping out your actions leading to other views makes knowing where you are at a given point simple and straightforward. The addition of tools that bridge the gap to Visual Studio coding is amazing, to say the least.

Cons

The only gripe I have was the addition of a tool called Screenparts after my trial had expired and I was not able to use without buying a license. It seemed to have been exactly what I had needed to not have to create the same toolbar of buttons that needed to go to the same screens. The buttons and everything were copyable between screens, but the functionality was lost.

Scott from Rutgers University

Perfect for what we needed it for, but incredibly frustrating when it wasn't playing along

Using this program for class made prototyping highly streamlined, and allowed us to jump directly into building something without having too much to worry about learning toolsets. Sharing files made collaboration relatively easy.

Pros

I like how it allows you to re-use work that you've already done, instead of having to rebuild menus that would normally be re-used throughout anyway.

Cons

Often times, it's difficult to see when something has gone wrong, and fixing something that has gone wrong - Once you have a number of layers going together, on top of one another, and something isn't working the correct way, it's almost impossible to get looking the way you want it to without rebuilding the entire scene. And if something is going wrong in a bit that you're re-using across the entire app, that behavior may not be consistent throughout the build.

Jordy from HRorganizer

We use Indigo Studio and it alows use to create richly designed mockups. Easy to use & great support

It helps us to communicate our mockups more clearly to our target audience.

Pros

Easy to use and contains a lot of functionality and elements to create and test our mockups. It also great support platform if we run into problems.

Cons

I would like to see that the elements to be used in the software are more and faster up-to-date to current standards. For example there are a lot of icons, but no Google Material Design icons. Also Material design screenparts would be nice.

Steve from Thomson Reuters

Great software if you can get over the limitations

Pros

Easy to get started, several pages of advice on the Internet web you get stuck. Premade components help speed up the design process.

Cons

You cannot expand the pallet to the left in a transition. You cannot change the scroll bars from the default ones which are hard to use and difficult for people with accessibility issues to grasp (literally speaking).

I used Indigo Design Studio for an IT project to create an app prototype for a Big Data "company".

-Was able to significantly impact our project for the better and make it come to life with the prototype design

Pros

I liked how it was easy to use and the interface was very simple. It integrated common features of an iPhone and was easy to use for other people when interacting with our prototype for the first time. Indigo Design helped our prototype to appear professional and realistic and really helped our project to come to life. The ease of use with integrating outside images was also extremely helpful to our design strategies.

Cons

There's no option for a cloud based sharing component of Indigo. We were working as a team so it would have been easier if two people could collaborate on the design at one time. It was a bit hard to overcome that obstacle but overall we were able to make it work.

Stanley from Rutgers New Brunswick

Fast and easy to learn. Indigo Studio is a tool for beginners and advanced users alike.

I understood how to prototype design without using any programming language. This is very important in the field of technology because not everything is about coding. Design for the user experience is a heavy part that the modern world seems to be dropping the ball on. I believe indigo will allow my ideas to grow.

Pros

The thing I love most about Indigo Studio is the interactive ability to click and select any type of icons/widgets/buttons without going into detailed tools selection. Some other programs that have prototype design require the designer to learn different snips of code, whereas Indigo allows anyone to just pick up the software and use it.

Cons

I wish the software had more features. There is already a lot of things indigo can do, however, if I wanted more specifics, such as a dynamic flowing interface that changed different buttons and widgets based on swipe, Indigo does not have a tool for that. Indigo does have all the basics for buttons and features for different prototypes, but I feel this can grow with time.

Mario from Computer Software

Angular UI framework (Ignite UI)

In general seems I would expense too much time to learn it and not sure if there's a real value on it. Probably I need to evaluate it versus a real project to find its real value.

Pros

I was trying to create different components on the SPA app and seems a good co-relation with the Angular UI framework.

Cons

I found hard another abstraction layer on top of the Angular Framework. At some point I felt like is difficult to engage with the tool.

Reasons for Choosing Indigo.Design

It would be helpful to have someone that is expert in the field to help me understand the different approach of the existing products and how Indigo.Design matches the best values and depending on my own business principles might be find value of adapt it into our UI logic.

Geoffrey from Software Objectives

Good collaboration tool but too web oriented

Pros

The collaboration aspects are good and that is important. The interface is good to use and the URL access clean and efficient.

Cons

Not suitable for WinForm or WPF and this is disappointing. Also, no ability to build a tool box of re-usable controls. It is all cut/paste/edit. The other big negative is that we cannot populate drop choices. There is no way to integrate small data bound lists. The girds would be awesome were we able to use simple SQL queries to load because otherwise, it is extremely tedious to load data. It doesn't have to be interactive, just have some way for us to load the data.

Jenny from Rutgers University

Simple, easy to use and gest the job done

Being able to create professional-looking works

Pros

I like its versatility and ease of use the most. Even as a complete beginner, when I first the product, it was very accessible and provided many options that helped me polish my work to make it look professional.

Cons

I can't quite think of any cons at the moment. I do wish some there was some sort of way that could make transitioning easier to maneuver

Mike from Real Time Research, Inc

Indigo Studio

Pros

Ease of use, ability to rapidly produce insightful wire-frames for development teams.

Cons

None. It covers all my needs.

Mark from Ignyte Software Inc

Good but limited

Overall been fairly positive but it seems that infragistic until recently didn't invest much time improving the product.

Pros

We use the product because its pretty quick to produce a prototype. Looking forward to the new code generation feature for Blazor.

Cons

The control toolbox is limited and never seems to be updated. The portal where you can find public projects to learn from is sparse and it seems that Infragistics never contributes new ones to review and only has a couple of examples. The customer license portal is limited as well.

Reasons for Choosing Indigo.Design

It came with our Infragistic subscription at the time so we used it.

Reasons for Switching to Indigo.Design

Loved the ability to publish the prototype and send users a link to review.

Response from INFRAGISTICS

Replied November 2021

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you are looking forward to the upcoming Blazor beta release, hope you will like it! As for the toolbox, if you are referring the App Builder one, we are constantly updating the it with new components, check out the monthly release blogs that we have for more information. https://www.infragistics.com/community/blogs As for the predefined examples our dev team has a dozen new samples as part of the roadmap, that are planned to be started next year, thank you for mentioning that!

Roger from Primus Auto Center

Industry: Architecture & Planning

GREAT DESIGN INDIGO

DAILY USE IN THE CREATION OF GRAPHIC ARTS

Pros

EXCELLENT FOR CREATORS, AND DEVELOPERS AND DESIGN, EASY TO HANDLE AND HAS ONE PERFECT TOOLS TO MAKE GOOD ART

Cons

NOTHING AGAINST, EXCELLENT APPLICATION, I RECOMMEND

Sarah from Rutgers University

easy to use, versatile, efficient

Quick prototyping & testing

Pros

I really appreciate that I can put together a semi-functional screen quickly to communicate my ideas with others

Cons

Limited functionality - there's some things that I wish I was able to do and get frustrated when I can't

Ajith from Christ University

I have used indigo studio for my project, i was able to create a fully functional prototype in hours

Pros

The interface is neat and simple tp use. Various customization options are available. It was easy for me to understand the first time i opened Indigo studio. It was pretty easy to navigate around. I was able to create my prototype in less than 5 hours. I was able to correct the design and other functionality with the help of this prototype, such as animation, Transitions and editable contents. i was able to receive feed back from my faculty members and i was able to change to UI instantly. I was able to present the entire product which was actually equal to the final product.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag while constructing huge prototype. Paid version are quite expensive wish they were a bit more cheaper.

Joris from Spinpanel

Industry: Information Services

Nice and easy to use product

Pros

It's easy to use, you can create nice designs and you can even import it into an Angular project. Everything is quite straight-forward and you feel you know what you are doing and that you are in control.

Cons

The import feature is a bit lacking. It was quite annoying to get the routing part working correctly and I don't like the fact that each css file for each page contain basically the same elements as the other css files from other imported pages. This could cause a quite big load on the network traffic.

Pankaj from Schlumberger

Industry: Oil & Energy

Provide some key features like usability testing which is missing in lot of projects

-Make High fidelity wireframes quickly and present it to stakeholders. - Reusable components and sharing is easy

Pros

- Easy to Use - Key features like designing for different break points, Usability Testing, export screens as PNG , Downloading as HTML

Cons

Crashes very frequently Customization of components like textbox, dropdown is not possible. Software becomes slow once the files get heavy

Stiliyan from SoftUni

Overall Experience

Pretty good/Easy to use/Provide tons of useful information

Pros

The good things in there are so many, but most of all I liked how easy is to provide lots of info into one exercise and make sure you always complete tasks when needed. I downloaded the free package for Adobe XD which really helped me construct my app and start an advanced research for any recommendations.

Cons

Maybe the logging stuff is the most confusing one but I don't think it can get any easier at all since you care about customer's safety a lot.

BRENDA from Freelance

I have worked in Balsamiq and made the switch to Indigo and LOVE the enhanced features.

Ease of use. Extremely ease to design and setup interactions. Testing is a breeze!

Pros

The ability to bring Balsamiq work into Indigo is a huge plus. Also the ability to have features and animation abilities that are very easy to configure. The training videos are a GREAT!

Cons

The only downside is I found it difficult to copy an element without making a screen part. Could be my lack of experience.

Luke from Weav

Great program for non-technical managers. Display a fully functioning softw w/ no coding necessary

Pros

Lets me focus on creative and UI more than anything else. This is extremely important as recruiting mentors and team members relied heavily on demonstrating this UI even though none of our co-founders have any coding experience.

Cons

Could be more productive. e.g. using a new image on a screen erases all buttons, would be nice to make improvements such as that easier

Natasa from Datatech IT Solutions Ltd

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to make prototypes

Pros

It is very easy to use. It has a lot of functionality. I can safe my work very easy.

Cons

There are some features missing. Icons are missing, aligning things together,

Verena from Rutgers University

Good for school projexts

Pros

This is helpful in doing a run though with my team mates to see what we're missing. It's also helpful in getting feedback.

Cons

It's is difficult to collaborate with others. There should also be additional features for the mobile stuff.

Raimo from Raimo Oinas Consulting

I am using this to design UI for desktop and mobile. Have tested also other sw, this is the best.

Design and documentation of the user interface of my software.

Pros

Lots of features, nice collection of UI elements, I especially appreciate there is a separate collection of iOS elements.

Cons

Perhaps a little bit too expensive to renew. Learning how to use some more advanced features takes some time, it would be nice if there were some video tutorials (perhaps there are).

Zsolt from Information Technology

It is a very useful tool in the phase of preparation of software development.

Pros

I've participated since the beginning of the software lifecycle (from beta phase) when it was free to use. We've been going through some preparation to start a software from scratch or add new features to an ongoing software where we can use your tool to eliminate some misunderstanding of customer needs.

Cons

Silverlight as the base technology of the tool is not what we really like to install on our computers, but we can live with it, not as our partners. It is not a favorite framework and we had unsuccessful business meetings because of our prospects had security policies to not install Indigo Studio and the reason was that is not widely supported software (in browsers). Another big disadvantage of your tool is that it can't be easily implemented into other project management software's lifecycle.

Atif from TechEase Solutions

Using Indigo as a UI Designer on Developers' recommendation

Pros

I tried the Indigo App builder a couple months back, it was recommended by the Development Team's lead. I loved the concept and as a UI designer, I know it's going to make a lot of lives easier in product teams.

Cons

I did notice something though: the design options (elements) aren't very flexible. It was probably because I'm used to Sketch and Adobe XD and creating elements from scratch. Anyhow, I'm sure Indigo's product team will figure something out.

Brian from University of West Florida

Great rapid prototyping tool

Pros

The speed and ease at which you can produce a rapid prototype is great. It gives you a way to share ideas and concepts without taking the time needed to code the entire project.

Cons

I wish it was more tightly integrated into a production environment to help expedite the creation process as well.

Myles from AMS

Great Prototyping tool

Early design of apps. Project got shelved in the meantime due to other business opportunities, but minimal costs.

Pros

Easy to build a realistic version of the proposed software and then demonstrate its features. Can also use to test ideas and alternative views/implementations. Most importantly things like buttons etc can take you to other views/screens/pages - so can get the real flow of an application.

Cons

When I last used it could not do different states on the same page so be able to hide/show different controls/portions of the page.

Reasons for Switching to Indigo.Design

Didn't have the design/flow features. Ease of use. Ease of learning - it just worked intuitively.

Jeff from Datahook Corporation

This is a powerful prototyping software. The support and community get you off the ground.

Pros

I like the rather intuitive and simple manner of the layout. While many capabilities are available, the software does not press or require one to use them all unless they want to.

Cons

So far, I haven't found a least liked feature. But if I had to pick one, is that as the domain expands and everyone is scrambling to follow their own standards and customizations of UX design/workflow, there is the rub - investing in proprietary software.

Frederick from Futuregrowth Asset Management

Industry: Investment Management

We needed a tool to produce template based prototypes and Indigo studio is that and more.

The biggest benefit was that were able to produce what the end product would look like before we had developed it and demo it to users to get feedback. Once there was agreement on what was produced we would develop it. the feedback loops were faster than ever.

Pros

Easy to use. Value for money. User expectations are managed by producing the prototype for what will be delivered. Controls used in the screens match bootstrap, etc. making it easier for developers to deliver as the prototype matches what can be produced.

Cons

At first you have to start slowly and get to learn the product. I guess that is just me though, otherwise it's a great product.

Adam from Convo Communication

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Powerful but not easy to create a beautiful, customizable design

We needed to consider two things: the ability to convert our existing design in Figma to a real product with minimal impact on the overall UI/UX design and easiness of use to minimize training time. Indigo.Design did not meet both of those needs for us.

Pros

The product was surprisingly easy to use, especially building a flexible layout.

Cons

The customizability of this product is very limited. We're not able to customize the design of premade components and their theme is very limited. No integration with Figma yet.

Reasons for Choosing Indigo.Design

We did not go with Indigo.Design.

shahar from 033192030

Industry: Wireless

Desktop indigo studio is much better than Indigo design

Pros

The desktop version of the indigo studio has advantages over all the competitors with building and designing interactive prototypes. unfortunately, it's not supported any more in IOS so it lost the most important advantage.

Cons

In complicated prototypes, there is a performance issue

Jack from Rutgers University

Industry: Computer Networking

It was a worthwhile experience to learn something that helps segway someone into creating apps.

Learned simple things about creating applications.

Pros

The software generally does not have a high learning curve allowing for people to learn how to make simple applications. Of course it is nothing too advanced, but helps generate interest in people who would've thought it was impossible before.

Cons

Some things were laggy depending what platform you were using. Some features of indigo were hard to use or hard to link. This was especially so if you made a mistake as some issues were unforgiving and took time to fix or recreate. Another issue was when trying to get multiple users to work on the same project. Some things weren't transferred correctly and had to be redone multiple times.