What are Bookerville users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Bookerville software through verified user reviews

4.9

• icon"Easy to use and set up properties and integrate with channel managers such as Rentals United (which we use) and BookingPal. Lots of great functionality."
  • icon"As a new business operator, I appreciate that Bookerville provides plenty of explanation about each feature. That has caused our start-up experience to be more simple than I anticipated."
  • icon"This is a great software for vacation rentals. The customer service is also great and usually responds within an hour or so."
  • icon"There were a few things i had problems with but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] typically accommodated a change."
  • icon"Parts of the template for setting limits on stays can be confusing. I will say, when I have had any issues, there is always a prompt response."
  • icon"Also having trouble getting my calendar on my actual website despite a few email exchanges with the customer rep."

Browse all Bookerville Reviews

• Have you used Bookerville and would like to share your experience with others?

Eric T

Bookerville Saved My Company

I like being able to speak directly with the owner. He always responds to emails and phone calls. Well done.

Pros

Got me turned around and on top of things before things got out of hand. Thank you guys.

Cons

Nothing much, I sometimes don't like it when you change the pricing then all the scheduled emails go back to the basic emails and not the ones that I have just chosen.

Melody

Perfect!

So happy with Bookerville! Its so easy, seamless and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is top notch!

Pros

Bookerville is super user friendly and works great wether you are a Property Manager and/or Owner. Most booking softwares are too complicated. Bookerville is super easy to use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always on top of any concern and willing to listen and make changes if needed to fit your needs.

Cons

I wish the rate system was a little more user friendly. Example is on Vrbo you can see the dates its booked and the daily rates ON the calendar so you can lower rates daily to fill in the blanks. I wish Bookerville was set up like that for the rates section.

Reasons for choosing Bookerville

So much easier to use and you can talk to a real person.

Jessica

May 2022

LifeSaving Program

Overall rental management has just become simpler and more streamlined.

Pros

My favorite part of this program is how organized and easy to use it is.

Cons

I think the graphics and design could be a little more up to date.

Reasons for choosing Bookerville

Bookerville seemed to check more of the boxes we needed without making us pay for features we wouldn't be able to utilize.

Organization, and simplification

Patricia

Makes life Easy!

Benifits: - calendar shared by staff easy to access from their phones. - guest info all in one place - sync calendars with listing sites - helps with record keeping

Pros

Keeps me and my team on track, my favorite it how professional my quotes look

Cons

1st the templates are great, but characters are limited. To create dynamic colorful templates takes a ton of characters... which limits your actual visible text to the recipient Greatly. Doubling the characters available on a template are not having the background characters count towards overall character count would be awesome. I have two unique houses that combines complete over 40 people. They are Riverfront each with swimming pools hot tubs game rooms pact with the amenities, etc. Conveying information to my guests and one email without having to use attachments would be awesome. But to do this I will have to have unlimited characters. Which brings me to the second con. The system is set up to send an email to the guest but because most of my emails generated in bookerville do not allow all the characters I need instead of sending the email to the guest I send it to myself and then attach the necessary documents to cover the rest of the information I was not able to cover in the template. It's my work around but it's not ideal. Ideally I could attached documents to the emails Im seding through bookerville directly to the guest.

Reasons for choosing Bookerville

It checked off the most on my list of wants and every item I needed for the best price (by far)

Amit

A Good Booking App

Pros

Data entry is very simple and decent. Linking up with other public calendars like the ones from Airbnb, Booking.com and TripAdvisor.

Cons

Better UI design. Better mobile UI. I think that's the area of improvement that Bookerville could work on.

Response from Bookerville

Bookerville is impressed that Mr. Kenny was able to determine some of this detail in less than an hour of use of the free trial, and absolutely zero interaction with our staff, including the free webinar. Puzzling...

Replied December 2018

Jeffrey

The Clear Choice

Pros

Bookerville does it all. It covers all of our needs for managing several vacation rental properties. It is reliable, effective and efficient. The integrations cover all of our needs for interacting with partner platforms from AirBnB to smart lock code management. The platform is thorough and well thought out and you absolutely can't beat the coverage of capabilities with exceptional capabilities for the value. One of the best things we experienced during our initial trial and over the past 14 months of use is the support. You won't find another platform where you can get a response within a short period of time from the platform developer when you can't solve it on your own using support boards.

Cons

The UI and widgets are slightly dated but still easy enough to navigate and most importantly reliable.

Reasons for choosing Bookerville

Complete coverage of capabilities and value. Bookerville is very straight forward on pricing and doesn't try to take a cut of your revenue stream. For a small, limited vacation rental business Iike we operate with our second home that is key.

Scott

Bookerville is simple, straightforward software, perfect for the small vacation rental owner

My highest priorities are that the software: * Has a great design and is straightforward to use * Allows me to automate the end-to-end workflow process for bookings without a lot of fuss * That I have confidence that the software is going to work without a lot of bugs, errors and workarounds * If I get in a bind and need help, I will be able to contact the vendor and get the support I need * Allows me to keep the investment in my existing web site * The subscription and commission prices are not going to eat up all of my profits

Pros

Bookerville is well-designed, intuitive and straightfoward. If you have even a rudimentary exposure to vacation rental software, Bookerville is a snap to learn and set up with an effective wizard to step you through. There is also thorough online user help text. The hands-on training required with other software vendors to set up and learn how to use is not really even needed here. None of the functions is overly-elaborate or fussy, yet it's simplicity allows for powerful custom usage to support odd, one-off reservations that you can still support in the system. Compared to other vendors, I found very few bugs in the software, everything appears to work. And if you do need help, the customer service has been top-notch. For time zone reasons, it was important to select a North American-based software company. I also felt that in these times of companies having their computers hacked, American companies are held to a higher security standard to ensure my data stays safe.

Cons

No critical issues, but: The guest booking calendar does not automatically switch between desktop and mobile views (one workaround is to have a "change to mobile view" button). Bookerville's flexibility has a price, requiring extra time for data maintenance: * On other vendor software, to change the nightly rate for a range of dates, you simply change the rate on a line in the rate table. Bookerville allows mass-assigning nightly rates for a date range and it is assigned to each night, but the rate range is not remembered: If you have higher rates during a summer festival for example, you have to remember why the rates are higher for those nights. And if you apply new rates for a period but have rate exceptions within that period (July 4th in summer for instance) those rates are overwritten and have to be re-entered * Assigning min/max night stays works like assigning nightly rates * Managing guest data is only for each reservation. I cannot import a list of previous guests from my old software to keep their contact info in one place. * You can't flag guests who did not pay their bill or were rough on your property. And you can't categorize guests and market to them (email all military guests for Pearl Harbor Day for example) * You can specify other services to sell along with a night's stay, but you can't sell things without a room reservation and there is no "qty" field to sell more than one, so you can't sell logo products or gift cards.

Reasons for choosing Bookerville

Liverez is very usable, but has a high price point for me, with minimum of $2000 to set up a mandatory web site and a $500 minimum monthly service fee. Many of the other applications simply lacked sufficient and USABLE functionality or had minimal integration to channel managers. I am very detail-oriented and did not simply review a list of functions, if possible I try to set it up and test my needs online. I wanted to keep my own site and Bookerville allows me to do that. Functionally, it is also the most flexible and usable because there aren't as many overly complicated work flows you have to follow: perfect for the small vacation rental business.

Reasons for switching to Bookerville

Resnexus has an issue with quality and there are a lot of bugs in it. When a bug was introduced in their channel integration with Airbnb that incorrectly modified my cancelation policy on Airbnb and created bookings with cancelation policies I could not change (a 24-hr cancelation policy on a Christmas holiday booking for example), I decided to switch. Resnexus has a lot of great functionality that is very sophisticated for its price point, but there have been a lot of workarounds implemented in order to get new functions to work rather than updating the underlying framework so it can be complicated to use. I like Bookerville's "keep it simple" and kluge-free design philosophy.

Gene

Great software even better customer support !!

GREAT!!

Pros

Easy on boarding of new properties but if you have any questions [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always an email away and is quick to respond and give you a hand that itself is priceless.

Cons

at this time I think this software just about covers every aspect I need, but if theres a suggestion I have I know I can submit it in to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and if enough people are looking for the same function he will try his darnedest to get it integrated.

Reasons for switching to Bookerville

needed on central location to communicate with guest and for all my calendars to sink to with my RMS system and it all worked out.

Krystal

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software. No regrets.

We have used Bookerville for years for our log cabin rental business. It has been great.

Pros

Support is the best of any software that we've ever owned or bought in to. The support is quick, responsive, and genuinely interested in helping make the software as effective as it can be.

Cons

The integrations with other services aren't totally seamless (but they're really good and Bookerville keeps on top of necessary upgrades). IMO I think that the bigger rental sites benefit from making these integrations difficult.

Reasons for choosing Bookerville

functionality & price. We didn't know that the support was going to be so good when we bought in. That was a bonus!

Sharon

March 2022

Excellent service on a timely basis

Bookerville helps manage our reservations so that we don't double book.

Pros

Software is easy to use and I rarely ever have an issue. Whenever I do, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] solves it immediately.

Cons

Love the software! Makes it easy to manage our vacation rental homes. No negatives.

Reasons for switching to Bookerville

Bookerville is easier to use and offers more options.

edward

March 2022

Great software for rental property management

Pros

I like the clean user interface/dashboard and the way the software integrates with my listings on different web sites. Saves a lot of time and prevents double bookings.

Cons

It would be great if Bookerville had its own integrated Channel Manager. I believe it will in the next few months.

Scott

Excellent small company provider

Renting vacation rental properties would be so much harder without the benefit of Bookerville. It is the type of software I was looking to use, as it has a great deal of flexibility to set it up the way I wish to handle the process. The software has some limitations, but the owner seems to always want to do things to make the software do more without re-designing the software. The so

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use, and has a lot of flexibility. At times when I have had questions, the company owner usually responds quite promptly, and is there to help make it work.

Cons

I have no complaints, as I believe the owner truly cares about making sure his software works well.

Sl

Best Software for Vacation Managers Available

I've had excellent customer service over the years.

Pros

Best software for multi-properties for the $$ available.

Cons

Least... I would like a little more freeform in the basic breakdown that will work with reporting.

Nall

Perfect for my needs

Pros

Bookerville has been a Godsend for our vacation rental properties. We have used Bookerville to manage all our properties and have been very pleased - functional, intuitive, versatile, excellent service. I highly recommend the software.

Cons

Not much, it works very well for our needs.

Price and features.

Derrick

May 2022

Great software

Pros

I have been using bookerville for quite some time now. Very easy to work with and makes my job easier. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always very helpful

Cons

Whenever there is,[SENSITIVE CONTENT] always trys to improve

steven

Bookerville Review

Works 99.99% of the time

Pros

Ease of Use. I was able to add rental agents and owners as users; so they can book their own reservations

Cons

limited integration with other booking software used by our rental agents

Kevin

Great Software - Easy to use!

Very responsive and helpful with questions and enhancements.

Pros

The product meets all of our needs. Our owners love it!

Cons

Did not like the way pictures were handled, but the latest upgrade corrected that.

Cost and features!

Frank

Great booking software!

Pros

Provides all the functions I need in the cabin rental business.

Cons

The enhancements I need are currently being implemented so I can not think of a con.

Reasons for switching to Bookerville

Bookerville offered more function to run our business.

Pam

December 2021

Bookerville continues to provide an excellent product

Bookerville is my bridge between my 98% Airbnb bookings and those 2% long term returning guests. Bookerville allows me to keep my 2%'ers happy, offering them specific "coupons" and vacations without Airbnb's (necessary) fees. Bookerville also allows me to fully synchronize all of my calendar needs between Airbnb and Bookerville and scheduling needs for my cleaning staff.

Pros

While Bookerville also works with larger vacation rental concerns they continue to offer a space for us smaller vacation rental proprietors. I have determined that Channel Managers are not yet able to handle proprietors who only manage one property. Bookerville however, continues to take care of our needs. Most important to me in that regard is the integration/synchronization with Airbnb. While Airbnb is a great advertising platform I have yet to see that their ability to coordinate all emails with cleaning staff and to some extent, guests, is comparable to what I am able to do with Bookerville. Customer support also continues to be solid with Bookerville. I have yet to submit an issue that has not been dealt with fairly quickly and to my satisfaction.

Cons

At this point I cannot think of another feature that could be added to Bookerville. Some times the year end reports do not seem to answer a question I might have for tax purposes. Perhaps I should submit a request!

Nance

Great web based Rental property management software - full featured and affordable !

I have been managing vacation and annual rentals for over 10 years. I have used several different software packages over the years, but when I needed to get a more mobile solution I went searching. (Side note - I am a software developer and if I had the time I would have written my own.) I found Bookerville and was intrigued with the easy to use interface. Then after the free 30 trial I bought it. I haven't been disappointed yet. The company support is outstanding. Bug issues are addressed promptly. Product enhancement requests are encouraged. What I love about it - it's very easy to get your properties setup and start scheduling your guests. It's also affordable, entry level costs with full features that you could pay so much more....I know I did it the hard way for too long, now I have automatic emails to guests, cleaning crews and owners, calendars that link to my listing site calendars, income and expense tracking, etc. There so many other features that I needed and it met the requirements. I highly recommend it, although to use all of the features will take some time to set up. The default email templates are ok to use and customizing them is simple. Online help is good, and the forums are helpful. Most set up questions have all been asked and answered and are available to review.

Pros

It's web based, and affordable, exports to accounting programs, links to vacation rental listing site calendars. Has automated emails to guests, owners, and staff.

Cons

Very little. The size of email template preview doesn't allow size change.

Debbie

Time Saver! I can't imagine going back to the OLD way of managing our homes...

I was on the fence about getting software. I'd been doing fine via Word and manually inputting/adding/organizing everything myself for 10+ years on 2 properties. Was it going to be worth the additional cost yearly? Well I've had the software a year and would NOT want to be without it. Its such a time saver and as a mom of 3 who runs her own business that is worth its weight in GOLD! I love the simplicity. I love that everything looks professional. I LOVE the GATEWAY with PayPros/Authorize. I love that the info is in the cloud and no matter WHERE I am, I can access what I need. I just can't say enough. The price is perfect for us. We don't make a mint off our rentals and don't charge a fortune so I appreciate the pricing Bookerville offers. I'm still finding new things along the way with this software and each new discovery makes my life a little bit easier. I've had a few questions along the way and both times my questions were answered within 24 hrs. The videos have been helpful as well. I just did my quarterly taxes and WOW! So much easier inputting needed dates and pushing a button. Time Saver!!

Pros

Ease of function. There is a small learning curve but not difficult even for my 48 year old brain. The videos and forum is helpful

Cons

Not really a con but I do like how Airbnb treats its calendar. I like that they will block off a day prior or after every reservation for cleaning..etc automatically. As it is now in our 4 bdrm because I don't check-in a guest the day someone departs I have to manually block off that night as a maintenance booking so no one tries to book it.

Deborah

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Unbeatable compliment to any business. User for more than 4 years.

The main benefit of having this software is no need to employ additional staff, as the system does it all for you.

Pros

This software grows with your business. The Owners and technical support is second to non. They are always willing to listen to new ideas & requests and always happy to work with you. The system is so easy to use and there is always help on hand if need be. Tons of customisable features with new ones being added all the time to keep up with the changing market place. Can be managed from any computer or mobile device with Internet access which is a must when chasing bookings in todays competitive market. Calendars can be easily synchronised with various Rental Portals, so your business is always up to date. Intergrates with various forms of Payment options. And so much more.

Cons

There is really not much that is not to like about this software. Currently the Maintenance section is a work in progress which we are looking forward to testing.

Aiva

Working with Bookerville

Our overall experience with Bookerville is very good

Pros

What I like the most about Bookerville, is the ease of use and friendly navigation system. And customer support availability when I need it.

Cons

It was smooth integration process. It could be easer if it have option of easy connectivity with the website

Reasons for choosing Bookerville

Personal access to live people for support

Reasons for switching to Bookerville

It was too complicated to navigate and customer support not personalized.

Beverly

Time used: Free Trial

October 2013

THE BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE

First I must say that when I was searching for a booking engine there were many problems with other companies that would not work for my application. I am a Bed and Breakfast. A small property with only 4 rooms. This was a determining factor for my decision in choosing Bookerville. I was offered a free month to see how it worked for me. I could not use it right away and my 30 days expired. John Amato extended my free trial happily. I have this software system for under a year now and with all the issues I have seen with regular email and other software, Bookerville overcame my expectations in a positive way. Bookerville offers property breakdown, Custom option offerings to my guests that I can list for a fee or for free. I choose the PayPal option with the 50% deposit.There are many more ways I can use this software, but I do not at this time need to utilize them. I like to offer simple and basic information. Most guests that have tried this site in the beginning asked for me to help them. It was easy peasy for me to do what my guests needed. After a while my repeat guests have been able to book on their own. There were 2 occasions that the time out was not understood by the guests and the reservation they were working on Timed Out. I called John Amato, the go guy I have always spoken to and emailed. He explained to me about the Time Out thing. Then there was just recently where a frame was stuck and I emailed John Amato. He found this issue within minutes and corrected whatever it was. I have nothing but great things to say about Bookerville and the software that is offered at a very reasonable rate . What is great is if there is an issue John Amato deals with it quickly and correctly. John emails me and gives me direction on emails and tells me what the issue was and how to overcome it. I had a past software issue with a different company that was so large that they let me wait 3 days before they got back to me since they did not have a phone number to reach them with. I lost business soI left them. The 2 issues for my Bed and Breakfast is not a big problem, but John takes this seriously and I feel he goes all out to get the answer and fix the issue. Not hours but Minutes. No lost business or revenue. Thank you John Amato and his team. Salvatore R. Hudson River Valley New York

Kathy

Excellent Product!

I have been using Bookerville since 2014 and I cannot say enough good things about the software, my workflow using their software and the customer service I receive. Bookerville allows as much or as little customization as you want for most templates. Automatized e-mails are easy to set up and safe me tons of time. I only have one property and I manage it myself, but I would hate to go back to doing it all without Bookerville! The only issue I have with the software is that setting the rates, length of stay and rules for check in days is always a bit cumbersome but I only do it once a year so it is no big deal. Customer service is fast and personalized and in the USA!

Pros

flexibility to customize it to my exact needs for each booking if needed

Cons

setting up the rates, length of stay and check in date restrictions - I only do it once a year so I have had to write instructions to remind myself of the steps involved - a bit cumbersome

Bookerville