All Hostfully Guidebooks Reviews

Ashley

Hospitality, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed November 2023

Perfect for Just Starting Out!

Tod

Reviewed July 2019

This is a RAD Guidebook ((Ridiculously Awesome Digital)

As a tourism professional, I'm a very big fan of products that make my life easier. When paired with the fact the Hostfully Guidebooks product also helps to make the experience of my valued clients better, it is a winning platform. I couldn't be more pleased.

PROS

In 2017, I implemented the Hostfully Hospitality Guide into my four, vacation-rental properties here in the mountain resort community of Kimberley, British Columbia. It's such a friendly way to share the key information, partially-required for my guests to have a 5-Star experience. Once set-up, the ease of use and integration into my Property Mangement System leads really helps me come across as knowing what the heck my business is doing:)

CONS

Like any SAAS, it takes a bit of learning and with all the awesome updates, I still need to take the time to process and integrate all the improvements.

Hello Tod, Thank you for your "RAD" review! We're thrilled to hear that Hostfully Guidebooks have been a friendly and effective way to share key information with your guests in Kimberley, BC, enhancing their 5-star experience. It's great to know that the ease of use and integration with your Property Management System helps you present a professional image. We appreciate your understanding that, like any SAAS, it takes some learning to fully integrate all the updates and improvements. As a tourism professional, we're glad Hostfully makes your life easier while also improving your guests' experiences. Your satisfaction means a lot to us. Thank you for choosing Hostfully!

Joel

Perfect for our needs

We don’t think about it much, which is exactly why we like it! We made a guidebook, occasionally update it, and our guests can find all of the info they need for their stay. We have gotten several compliments on it from guests and no complaints!

PROS

Hostfully is an easy to use product, perfect for our need for a vacation rental guidebook. The interface is easy for guests to understand and access, and we can generate a simple link. We also like being able to create a PDF version to send directly to guests.

CONS

Updating guidebook recommendations is sometimes buggy and difficult. Especially when choosing photos, entries sometimes do not save correctly.

Reason for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

It was clean, easy to understand, a good price, and catered directly to vacation rental owners like us. We saw some websites that ranked it as one of the best options, and after visiting the sites, we picked Hostfully.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, Joel! We're delighted to hear that Hostfully is perfect for your vacation rental guidebook needs and that the interface is easy for both you and your guests to understand and access. We're glad you appreciate the simplicity of generating a link and creating a PDF version to send directly to guests. We apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered with updating guidebook recommendations. We're thrilled that Hostfully has been a clean, easy-to-understand solution for you at a good price point. It's fantastic to hear that you've received compliments from guests and no complaints regarding the guidebook. Thank you once again for choosing Hostfully! :)

Replied May 2023

Reviewed November 2020

lack of free trial makes it impossible to see quality

PROS

nice design, good potential, but lacks features.

CONS

Lacking of basic features. Unprofessional staff when comes to refunds. Sales team very aggressive but no free trial so they oversell its abilities Massive overselling and marketing hype but very much overhyped. Not user-centric.

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you appreciate the design and potential of Hostfully. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the lack of a free trial and the handling of refunds. Your concerns about the aggressive sales tactics and the platform's overselling are noted, and we'll work on improving these areas. Thank you for sharing your thoughts; your feedback is invaluable as we strive to make Hostfully better.

Carol

Reviewed March 2022

Essential tool for every vacation rental host

My vacation rental is in another state, so I'm unable to visit as often as I'd like to. A paper guidebook really wouldn't be ideal me. Hostfully allows me to provide a wealth of information to my guests, and allows me to update the content from home at any time. Of the software tools I use to manage my rental, this is one I never second guess.

PROS

Hostfully is easy to use from both a host and guest perspective. I can easily add or update content, and the web interface is intuitive enough for guests to navigate around the site without any help. The free version is great, but the features that come with the paid version allow me so much more flexibility. I love creating my own custom categories! I also like being able to create/personalize links for each guest, and have the links expire on the date I specify.

CONS

Nothing... while there is always room for improvements/new features, I'm really love/value the software very much.

Reason for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

I found the overall web experience (from guest perspective) more to my liking

Hello Carol, Thank you for your detailed review! We're thrilled to hear that Hostfully is an essential tool for you and that you find it easy to use from both a host and guest perspective. It's great to know that the web interface is intuitive and that you appreciate the flexibility of the paid version, especially with custom categories and personalized links. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you value the software so much. Your comments about managing your vacation rental remotely and being able to update the content from home are exactly what we aim to provide. Thank you for choosing Hostfully, and for highlighting the positive guest experience our platform offers.

Tod

Reviewed September 2021

Guidebook Brilliance!

PROS

When I first came across Hostfully Guidebooks I didn't even know I needed it (about four years ago in fall 2017). I used a cumbersome word document to send to my earliest vacation rental clients checking into my condo. It was a very manual process. Now, I own and operate four individual units and integrate my Hostfully Property Management System with Hostfully Guidebooks and we're basically hands-free from running this labour-intensive side of the biz. In short, I'd highly, highly recommend Hostfully from my perspective as a boutique property manager.

CONS

Integration was a breeze. No cons that I can think of.

Hello Tod, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear how Hostfully Guidebooks transformed your process from a cumbersome word document to an integrated, hands-free solution with our Property Management System. It's fantastic to know that our platform has significantly eased the labor-intensive side of your business, allowing you to manage four individual units seamlessly. We're glad to hear that the integration was smooth and that you have no cons to mention. Thank you for highly recommending Hostfully from your perspective as a boutique property manager!

Joe

Reviewed September 2019

Great online guidebook platform for our Pura Vida Ecolodge retreat in Costa Rica,

PROS

In a world where we're often on the go so much of the time and it's not always practical, or quite frankly, necessary to print out a 25-page guidebook, Hostfully provided us with the online platform that enables us to share some really useful information and tips with all our guests that come and stay at Pura Vida Ecolodge on their mobile device in a quick and easy manner... good job and keep the updates and progress coming. Pura vida!

CONS

Sometimes the infrastructure is a little fiddley in terms of editing and updating but I know they have come on leaps and bounds since it first started.

Hello Joe, Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that Hostfully has provided a convenient online platform for sharing useful information and tips with your guests at Pura Vida Ecolodge. It's great to know that our guidebooks make it easy for guests to access everything they need on their mobile devices. We appreciate your feedback about the infrastructure being a bit fiddly when editing and updating, and we're glad to hear that you've noticed significant improvements since we first started. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Hostfully. We'll keep the updates and progress coming! Pura vida!

Thomas

Reviewed May 2023

Hostfully makes my job so much easier

It has been great. The renters love how easy it is to use.

PROS

It is easy to setup. I can customize each book book to a specific property. Best part is I can make changes on the fly and the renters see the change in real time.

CONS

I wish we could use the client manager side of Hostfully. Unfortunately in our situation we cannot. This is not a fault of Hostfully but more of the rules when third part booking sites like VRBO interact with them.

Hello Thomas, Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that Hostfully makes your job easier, allowing you to set up and customize each guidebook for specific properties with ease. It's great to know that you can make real-time changes that renters can see immediately. We appreciate your understanding regarding the client manager side of Hostfully and the limitations imposed by third-party booking sites like VRBO. Thank you for your positive feedback, and we're glad that renters find it easy to use.

Ismael

Reviewed March 2023

Hostfully Guidebooks the best option for your gests

Overall my experience has been very good and I think it is a very good option to digitize the guidebook of the apartment to make it easier to use and understand for the guest, besides being able to consult it beforehand in case there is any doubt or problem.

PROS

How easy it is to customize all the templates to meet your needs, Hostfully gives you the perfect structure and space to tailor the message to your guests in the way you see it fits.

CONS

I would like the market place area to be more thought out so that you can offer your own services. This can be done, but in terms of quality and product placemente, it is noticeable that the options that Hostfully brings for its commercial agreements are more careful and have more options to be more attractive to the guest.

Thank you for your kind review of Hostfully Guidebooks, Ismael ! We are thrilled to hear that you find our platform easy to use and customize to meet your needs. We appreciate your feedback regarding the marketplace area, We are glad to hear that you have had a positive overall experience with Hostfully Guidebooks, and that our platform has helped to digitize your apartment guidebook and make it more accessible to your guests. Thank you for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks, and we look forward to continuing working with you! :)

Replied March 2023

Dan

Reviewed September 2019

Effective communication with my guests

The Guidebooks platform allows me to provide my guests with a useful and comprehensive guest book in advance of their arrival and gives my guests a means of carrying my guest book with them while staying at Casa de Paz. I provide a printed "Welcome Book" in the home, but guests don't have access to this until AFTER their arrival and check-in. With the Hostfully Guidebook, guests have information about Casa de Paz, check-in instructions complete with pictures, address, directions, phone numbers, etc. before they arrive. A further advantage of the online Guidebook is that guests have access to information when they are out and about.

PROS

Hostfully's online Guidebook gives me a great platform to create, manage, update and distribute my Guidebook to my guests prior to their arrival. The software is easy to use. The end result is a satisfying product that my guests can easily access and use leading up to and during their stay at our accommodations. As for cost, I have one property and Hostfully gives me free access and usage of the Guidebook program.

CONS

No real cons. The software is fairly easy to use and produces a great product for my guests.

Hello Dan, Thank you for your review! We're delighted to hear that Hostfully's online Guidebook has been effective in helping you create, manage, update, and distribute information to your guests. It's great to know that the software is easy to use and that your guests find the guidebook accessible and helpful both before and during their stay. We appreciate your feedback and are glad there are no real cons to mention. It's wonderful to hear that the Guidebooks platform allows you to provide comprehensive information to your guests in advance, enhancing their experience at Casa de Paz. Thank you for choosing Hostfully!

Dawn

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Guidebook availability 24/7

Great product, wish we would have used it from the start.

PROS

We love the ease of having a living, online digital guidebook that is accessible at any time for guests. We can also use the print option-which we do-to have laminated copies in our homes. I like being able to populate the Guidebook with recommendations of local things to do that link automatically to Google.

CONS

I wish it were easier to create a guidebook in Spanish for non-native English speakers.

Hello Dawn, Thank you for your review! We're delighted to hear that you love the ease of having a living, online digital guidebook accessible 24/7 for your guests. It's great to know that you also utilize the print option for laminated copies in your homes and appreciate the ability to link local recommendations automatically to Google. We understand your desire to create guidebooks in Spanish more easily and will consider this for future improvements. We're glad you find Hostfully a great product and wish you had started using it earlier. Thank you for choosing Hostfully!

Kay

Great Guidebook - disappointing customer care

PROS

Easy to set upEasy for guests to find the information they need, in one document

CONS

When trying to change my email address on account I was unable to. On contacting customer service they informed me why. I then deleted a Guidebook which was no longer needed, leaving the remaining one which was vital. When I was asked to check the account details, the email had not been changed and the vital Guidebook had been removed (NOT by me). There was no way that I was going to set it all up again. Although I was happy with the Guidebook, this was a bad experience.

Free

Hello Kay, Thank you for your review and for sharing your honest feedback. We're glad to hear that you found the guidebook easy to set up and useful for your guests. We sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had with changing your email address and the subsequent issues with your guidebook. We understand how frustrating it must have been to have your vital guidebook removed and to face difficulties with customer care. Your feedback is important to us, and we'll work on improving our support to prevent situations like this in the future. Thank you for choosing Hostfully, and we appreciate your understanding.

Nicki

Reviewed May 2022

Much better than others in their field

This saves us so much time as an extension to our FAQ page on our website.

PROS

We have the paid version as we have several properties - we love it's ease for guests, the layout is user friendly and for us it is easy to add to and distribute. Particularly like the language translation features as our guests are multi national.

CONS

At the moment there are some glitches in the translation tool but I understand this is being worked on.

Reason for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

Value for money and that it was free when we started with one property, although we soon moved onto paid as we did not like the adverts on the free version which were completely irrelevant due to our location.

Hello Nicki, Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that you find Hostfully much better than others in the field and that you love its ease of use for guests, user-friendly layout, and the ability to easily add and distribute information. The language translation feature is particularly valuable for your multinational guests. We appreciate your understanding regarding the current glitches in the translation tool and assure you that we're working on it. Thank you for choosing Hostfully for its value for money and starting with the free version. We're glad you moved to the paid version to avoid irrelevant ads.

Ken

A Digital Consierge

The guidebook has been a real blessing to creating the best experience for our guests.

PROS

Our guests have commented on how the guidebook has been like a digital concierge as they explore the places to see and eat in the Grand Rapids area.

CONS

It can seem busy with the multiple icons and house rules.

Hello Ken, Thank you for your review! We're delighted to hear that your guests have found the guidebook to be like a digital concierge, enhancing their experience as they explore the Grand Rapids area. We appreciate your feedback about the interface feeling busy with multiple icons and house rules and will take it into consideration for future improvements. We're glad the guidebook has been a real blessing in creating the best experience for your guests!

Kevin

Hostfully Guidebooks

Great overall experience.

PROS

It's better than the old paper guidebook, more modern.

CONS

There is nothing that I liked least about hostfully guidebooks.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on Hostfully Guidebooks, Kevin! We're thrilled to hear that you found our product more modern and preferable than traditional paper guidebooks. We appreciate your kind words and are glad that you had a great overall experience.

Replied May 2023

Greg

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Great product

PROS

Easy to implement in our vacation rental

CONS

It was difficult to edit the guidebook.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Greg. We're pleased to hear that our product was easy to implement for your vacation rental. We're sorry to hear that you encountered some challenges with editing the guidebook. We appreciate your support and hope to provide you with an even better experience in the future.

Replied August 2023

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

Hostfully is an invaluable resource!

PROS

With multiple listings Hostfully is truly a life saver! Being able to put all the information about your Short Term Rental in a Hostfully guide book has been a huge time saver. I get very few questions from guest about things inside our listing, or where to go to eat, activities, etc.

CONS

Not much negative that I can speak of really.

Hello Chris, Thank you for your wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear that Hostfully has been an invaluable resource for you, especially with multiple listings. It's fantastic to know that our guidebooks have saved you time and reduced the number of questions from guests about your listings and local activities. We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad to hear you don't have much negative to speak of. Thank you for choosing Hostfully!

Erin

Helpful tool

PROS

Hostfully Guidebooks allows me to present relevant information to my guests in a professional-looking, easy-to-use format.

CONS

I have Guidebooks for multiple properties. Hostfully does not allow me to create an easy, recognizable name for each Guidebook. Instead, Hostfully names each Guidebook with a series of cryptic letters that make it hard to distinguish one Guidebook from another.

Reason for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

Ease of use for me and for my end user.

Hello Erin, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that Hostfully Guidebooks helps you present relevant information to your guests in a professional and easy-to-use format. We appreciate your feedback regarding the naming convention for multiple guidebooks and understand the need for easily recognizable names. We'll take this into consideration for future improvements. Thank you for choosing Hostfully for its ease of use for both you and your guests!

Tahirah