• Pros

• "Easy to use Self explanatory User friendly Useful and great for guests Nicely designed "

• "I like the way the final product presents to our Short Term Rental Guests, and the way you can apply changes or add features across multiple properties easily."

• "Simple to use and saved me a lot of time creating a guide from scratch "

• Cons

• "Nothing to dislike but I'll keep writing because there's a text minimum."

• "There's nothing I do not like except I'm not sure how secure it is."

• "I would like more ability to create more in depth travel guides for guests. I need to explore if I better personalize recommendations."

Browse Hostfully Guidebooks Reviews

Craig from Professional Holiday Homes

State of the art guest guidebook system

We use Hostfully guidebooks to provide a great experience for our thousands of guests. The ability to create templates saves us a lot of time creating new guidebooks. Both our guests and owners are extremely impressed by the functionality.

Pros

Saves us hours of time, great guest experience, mobile responsive, easy to use.

Cons

The recommendations screen is a little hard to navigate.

Tim from MyRentalButler

Hostfully Guidebook Keeps Guests Informed if Only They Would Read

My experience with the platform is it has been terrific to work with. There are a lot of features and capabilities that may not be readily apparent to a first-time user, such as how to include the ability for guests to review you after their stay, or how to customize the checkout list, or rename a category. But just know, the platform is flexible and there are many ways to organize and setup your guidebook to be uniquely yours.

Pros

The program is tremendously flexible for taking once written binders of information into accessible information whether links, text and/or video. Use of Google Places helps to ensure recommendations are good looking and have all the relevant information such as an image, link, map and whatever information a host would like to write in recommending an attraction, bar or restaurant. Guidebooks created with Hostfully look terrific whether on a computer, smartphone or printed. As a property manager, there's really no need to manage multiple documents of information to send to guests. You can print your guidebook and keep a binder if you want, you can email a PDF version or you can send a link to the guidebook. Hostfully becomes the one place to update all house information, rules, policies and guest recommendations and that's darn handy! And if you are a property management company implementing Hostfully for many properties, you'll appreciate the ability to Brand your guidebooks.

Cons

Hostfully allows you to manage multiple guidebooks. As an administrator of several guidebooks, how to manage one entry to many guidebooks can be a little confusing until you gain experience with the program. However, the fact that Hostfully has such a capability places it in a unique position so I'd call this also a Pro.

Reasons for Choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

Ease of use, especially making recommendation cards, overall features and flexibility, and the end result of guidebook; good looking on any device.

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Guidebooks

No need to reinvent the wheel. Creating your own guidebook will be much harder and time consuming. In the end, you might not be happy with the results and will no doubt lack important capabilities already built into Hostfully.

lack of free trial makes it impossible to see quality

Pros

nice design, good potential, but lacks features.

Cons

Lacking of basic features. Unprofessional staff when comes to refunds. Sales team very aggressive but no free trial so they oversell its abilities Massive overselling and marketing hype but very much overhyped. Not user-centric.

Stefani from Cabins For You

Great platform. Great support.

We've had a very positive experience with Hostfully thus far. During the onboarding process, we got one-on-one training along with best practices recommendations that helped us improve the quality of our guidebooks. We didn't feel like we made this investment and then were left to figure things out on our own. Implementation was a daunting task for us as we have hundreds of properties, but Hostfully was so easy to use that we were able to get all of them set up within a week or two. We've also made recommendations to Hostfully about new features or improvements we'd like to see based on our experience using the platform, and they care about our opinions. We've already seen some development changes based on those recommendations, and we appreciate that so much!

Pros

We loved the concept, first and foremost, but what really sold us was how user-friendly it was for the host AND the guest. We wanted the guest experience to be easy for them so our guests felt empowered to answer their own questions and troubleshoot without having to sit on the phone with a guest relations specialist while on their vacation. We put answers in their fingertips and helped set an appropriate expectation pre-arrival.

Cons

There were initially some limitations to the way we wanted to display content to our guests, but since we discussed it with our rep, they have adjusted the software to give us more freedom. I can't think of a negative that is still relevant.

Tod from Simply Kimberley

This is a RAD Guidebook ((Ridiculously Awesome Digital)

As a tourism professional, I'm a very big fan of products that make my life easier. When paired with the fact the Hostfully Guidebooks product also helps to make the experience of my valued clients better, it is a winning platform. I couldn't be more pleased.

Pros

In 2017, I implemented the Hostfully Hospitality Guide into my four, vacation-rental properties here in the mountain resort community of Kimberley, British Columbia. It's such a friendly way to share the key information, partially-required for my guests to have a 5-Star experience. Once set-up, the ease of use and integration into my Property Mangement System leads really helps me come across as knowing what the heck my business is doing:)

Cons

Like any SAAS, it takes a bit of learning and with all the awesome updates, I still need to take the time to process and integrate all the improvements.

Chip from InsideOut Properties of Cape Cod

This guidebook is my secret weapon against the competition

I don't have to kill a forest of trees printing out house manuals or updating items throughout the season which makes the printed version obsolete. I am able to text or email it to guests too. This has saved me so much time allowing me to focus on other parts of my new business.

Pros

I love the fact that it is so easy to use, both for me and my guests. Once I set up a few cards I got the hang of it and creating guidebooks became a breeze. The absolute best part is the customer support. I am NOT a technical person so my questions are pretty pumpkin spice and ugg boot basic and would have most techy types rolling their eyes, but these folks were more than patient and helpful and walked me through my cranium hiccups with ease. My guests think I am the coolest thing on the Cape with these guidebooks (I am) and the high fives all go to Hostfully for it. But don't tell my guests - I like wearing the crown.

Cons

When I first signed up, I did not understand what some of the fields on the cards were for and had to watch a Youtube video to figure out how to create a card. The instructions were not very clear on the use of the particular fields in question.

Joe from Pura Vida Ecolodge

Great online guidebook platform for our Pura Vida Ecolodge retreat in Costa Rica,

Pros

In a world where we're often on the go so much of the time and it's not always practical, or quite frankly, necessary to print out a 25-page guidebook, Hostfully provided us with the online platform that enables us to share some really useful information and tips with all our guests that come and stay at Pura Vida Ecolodge on their mobile device in a quick and easy manner... good job and keep the updates and progress coming. Pura vida!

Cons

Sometimes the infrastructure is a little fiddley in terms of editing and updating but I know they have come on leaps and bounds since it first started.

Sasha from Davcorp Executive Rentals

5 Star all the way!

Love it! I can answer all my guests questions in it and automate the whole process, while also feeling that I have really looked after each person checking in.

Pros

Makes looking after guests a breeze! Highly recommend to any host that wants to make their job a little easier.

Cons

I guess if i had to write what I liked least about this software, its that I don't get to talk personally to all my guests, as they have no questions!!! Most come and go and I haven't had to talk to them at all. Occasionally they do have questions and I enjoy the interaction with the wonderful people that visit my properties.

Dan from Casa de Paz Short Term Rentals

Effective communication with my guests

The Guidebooks platform allows me to provide my guests with a useful and comprehensive guest book in advance of their arrival and gives my guests a means of carrying my guest book with them while staying at Casa de Paz. I provide a printed "Welcome Book" in the home, but guests don't have access to this until AFTER their arrival and check-in. With the Hostfully Guidebook, guests have information about Casa de Paz, check-in instructions complete with pictures, address, directions, phone numbers, etc. before they arrive. A further advantage of the online Guidebook is that guests have access to information when they are out and about.

Pros

Hostfully's online Guidebook gives me a great platform to create, manage, update and distribute my Guidebook to my guests prior to their arrival. The software is easy to use. The end result is a satisfying product that my guests can easily access and use leading up to and during their stay at our accommodations. As for cost, I have one property and Hostfully gives me free access and usage of the Guidebook program.

Cons

No real cons. The software is fairly easy to use and produces a great product for my guests.

Marilyn from Everview LLC

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Perfect Guide for My Vacation Rental

Overall positive experience

Pros

I'm not sure how I found out about the Hostfully Guide, but it couldn't have come around at a better time. I had my own personalized guide, but every time it needed updating it was a major time consuming project. What I like the best is the ease in which I can update and how my guests can access it on their phone, laptop, tablet or computer. Plus they can also pass it along to other family members or friends who will also be staying at our home. Another wonderful feature is that it incorporates both the house manual plus tips on where to dine, shop, visit, etc. I've already promoted the Hostfully Guide several times when new vacation rental managers or owners ask for some tips on how to provide this very information to their guests. And since I only have one home the price is right (FREE!)

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about it.

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Guidebooks

Ease of use and availability for my guests.

Ali from Soakin' in the Smokies Vacation Rental

A vacation rental owner's godsend!

Guidebooks Platform has allowed me to include every possible bit of information my guests might have questions about. This has benefited me, as the manager and owner, to be contacted with questions very rarely. Many of my guests have mentioned the guidebook in their 5 star reviews, mentioning how thorough it was and how it gave them answers to all of their questions. We recently bought a second rental home and I won't hesitate to use Guidebooks Platform again with that property.

Pros

The ability to make changes in real time anytime I need to. I sent the link with the guidebook to all of my guests before check-in and we keep a hard copy of the guidebook in our rental as well. Anytime we make changes, I print a new copy of whichever page I updated and swap it out on my next visit to our rental. But I love that, because it's available online to my guests, they can see my changes that way if I haven't been able to change them in the physical book yet.

Cons

Nothing to dislike but I'll keep writing because there's a text minimum.

Mark from Neal AirBNB

Hostfully Guidebooks

We get awesome response from our guests when we send them the link to our Guidebooks, with all our property details and recommendations. They like that they can easily navigate through these, and that the recommendations we set up can then take them to websites about the activity/place to find out more. It's been good having additional features added such as being able to produce custom categories.

Pros

Cons

That it doesn't give a very good printed version of the Guidebook

Alanna & Deveny from Miller Dollar Properties

Is there really another choice?

This software has given us a hands off guest experience

Pros

This software is as simple as it gets. It allows us to say what we need to say to each guest, ONE time. With a busy business, Hosfully guidebooks cuts explaining to a small fraction "Have you read our guide book?"

Cons

The cost is a bit expensive for small businesses, especially when you have so many

John from Tresowes Green Cottage

Easy and useful platform

Sharing Holiday Rental information with our guests before arrival and during their stay.

Pros

The software is very easy to set up and to update when necessary, with many options to enrich the added information. The structure is perfect for the content needed and demanded for a Holiday Rental, with friendly "Cards". One of the favourite is to be a able to put the name of the recommended business and the platform displays the map automatically. It is a good tool to share information with our customers in a browser environment rather than an app. This can be used but almost every guest.

Cons

There are no Cons. We haven't had a problem or a negative issue since we started using this platform.

Tahirah from Health/beauty

Great hospitality platform

I love that I have everything in one place and I could just send a link to my guests or print out each portion needing printed. It's very easy to use for both owners and guests.

Pros

Cons

There's nothing I do not like except I'm not sure how secure it is.

Beth from Airbnb

A guest resource I rely on

Meets my needs for an informative & professional guidebook.

Pros

That it continues to improve & takes into consideration my needs as an Airbnb host. I like the quality of the layout & pictorial functions. My guests appreciate the helpfulness of the guidebook I’ve created.

At the time I found Airbnb’s guidebook function limiting

Hope from Hawaii Life Vacations

Guidebooks Platform- Review

It has been beneficial for us to track how many of our guests are actually using the links and information.

Pros

We work within this software daily and find it very user friendly and easy to maneuver. The support team is very responsive and always available for questions and concerns.

Cons

The links are not secure so we can't input sensitive information

Yaros from DanceDifferent

Great guidebook

Pros

- How easy it is to use - Very helpful for Airbnb guests - Works very well on mobile phones

Cons

- The design is a little like "mic word". Not too modern/professional

Paul from Investissement Ross & Labelle

Great Guidebooks

Pros

We use Hostfully for our Guidebooks when customers rent our country house. We love how they work, the ability to have bilingual contents and how they help our property shine. Simply a great tool I recommend. If you want to build a welcome guide for your rental property, try Hostfully.

Cons

Nothing. It delivers exactly how we expect it to.

Simon from BnB top hosts

The best guide yet

Great platform easy to use

Pros

So easy to use and set up for multiple properties

Cons

Knowing my guests have used it and so have a house manual online

Petar from Consulting

Great app

Pros

Simplicity and clearness while using the web and defining all scope you need

Cons

Nothing at all, everything work perfect.

Juan-Carlos from Universitat Politecnica de Valencia

Industry: Research

Easy to use and very useful

I have there the handbook of my apartment, which I rent through airbnb and other channels.

Pros

I liked how fast you can build a web handbook for your rental. It guided you to fill every possible detail about the property and its context.

Cons

I would like the option to be ad-supported instead of payment-supported. Local commerce could be interested in being advertised...

Jeremiah from Flow Property Management LLC

Best Solution on the Market

It was been a big help so far and has helped add a service to our guests that few others offer.

Pros

Often people use to reach out about my favorite local restaurants and bars but now I can send them a complete guide book digitally before they arrive so they can plan out their vacation accordingly.

Cons

I've had no issues since I have started using Hostfully.

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Guidebooks

The Tablets kept breaking and Hostfully is just a website that the guest can access on their phone so there is no hardware to break.

Pete from Weekenda

Easy to setup, easy to use

Pros

Guests find this valuable and we no longer have inhouse paper compendiums that get out of date

Cons

nothing really, this software met all our needs

cobih from Internet

Hostfully works!

Pros

Easy link to share with guests. Highly customizable

Cons

None thus far. Works great for me and my guests

Michael from Book NOLA

A Must for any Vacation Rental Business

Pros

The customization options and countless helpful features have made getting all the necessary info to our guests a breeze! Instead of reading through paragraphs of text our guests can go directly to the information they are looking for.

Cons

The biggest issue with the digital guidebooks is simply getting the guests to click the link. Without this challenge this is the perfect product.

Kathi from community

What a great service!

I am new to the Airbnb business and had thought about creating a website to give my guests and prospective guests more info. The Hostfully guidebooks provide everything I could think to offer and some things I hadn't thought of! I am so grateful I found them, they will streamline my communications and present a professional and detailed source of guest information.

Pros

Ease of use, all uses have been anticipated

Cons

So far there has been nothing to dislike

Lina from Philips

Intelligent and very intuitive to use

Pros

Simple to use and saved me a lot of time creating a guide from scratch

Cons

At the of using, the Find Ground Transportation only links to Mozio. Should have ability to find trains, buses etc eg Rome2Rio?

Fred from Rockingchair Retreat

Happy with Hostfully

After spending a bit of time initially to set up the guidebook the way I wanted it using this product has been super easy. We have a link (not blocked by Airbnb filters) that goes in our standard template for new guests. The Hostfully team has also been very responsive on the FB forum, seeking feedback and implementing feature requests from users (including mine for a yoga icon!). :-)

Pros

Using Hostfully guidebooks has been an easy way to share rich content about our STR home and activities in the surrounding area with guests. Makes up for some limitations in the guidebook in the Airbnb app and looks very professional.

Cons

I don’t really have any dislikes but it would be great to have some reporting tools in the future.

Hedda from THE TREEHOUSE, BEL AIR

STREAMLINES AND PROFESSIONALISES THE GUIDEBOOK EXPERIENCE

Love it!

Pros

Love the ease of use and the outcome of this software

Cons

I have no complaint and no comparison...

Lois from Urban Rentals

All info in one place

Pros

I like that you can easily send the link to incoming guests and it has all the info they should need in one easy to find place.

Cons

It took a little bit to understand how to use/edit the platform

Julieanna from All-Tech Global

Hostfully Helps

I use this software for my Airbnb guests. It is so easy to send them the link to my house manual. Have really appreciated the upgrades within the past year.

Pros

Love the way it is organized. It makes it so easy for my guests to find what they are looking for rather than having to scroll through a long document.

Cons

Lack of space for more visual content such as videos and photos.

Easy and convenient

Pros

Makes updating recommendations and house info much simpler when hosting remotely. Web-based. No app download required for guests.

Cons

Pop-up windows in each slide cannot be closed by clicking outside the pop-up. Back button must be pressed. Not a huge deal, but slightly clunky.

Pat from Maison les Fleurie

Quick, easy, reliable

We have a standard and constantly evolving guide book, properly structured, and easy to get to clients

Pros

It forces one into a structured mode yet has plenty of flexibility. It’s easy toco scantly update as we learn what our clients needs are.

Cons

Not natural for beginners when first using the software

Michel from Priceless Pieces

Great Guidebooks

Guests receive booklet when they book so they able to read it at leisure prior to there arrival - also user friendly for guests

Pros

User friendly software and covers everything we need for our guests.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind on the negative side of this software

Fraser from Tigh na a Lochan self catering

Essential Guidebook

Pros

A wonderful addition to our self catering website. Intuitive, easy to navigate and loved by our guests. Couldn't do without it now.

Cons

Software is easier now to navigate than before.

Olga from Dear House

Professional

Pros

The software is very intuitive. Easy to create and share a guide book

Cons

I liked everything . The software is easy to access se

Reasons for Choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

Recommended

Tom from Country Cottage of Langley

Great Resource

Very Satisfied

Pros

Very well designed and comprehensive package

Cons

There’s very little to complain about to date