What are Hostfully Guidebooks users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Hostfully Guidebooks software through verified user reviews

• icon"We use Hostfully for our Guidebooks when customers rent our country house. We love how they work, the ability to have bilingual contents and how they help our property shine."
  • icon"What I like the best is the ease in which I can update and how my guests can access it on their phone, laptop, tablet or computer."
  • icon"A wonderful addition to our self catering website. Intuitive, easy to navigate and loved by our guests."
  • icon"Sales team very aggressive but no free trial so they oversell its abilities. Massive overselling and marketing hype but very much overhyped."
  • icon"Lack of space for more visual content such as videos and photos."
  • icon"Nothing to dislike but I'll keep writing because there's a text minimum."

Browse all Hostfully Guidebooks Reviews

• Have you used Hostfully Guidebooks and would like to share your experience with others?

Craig

State of the art guest guidebook system

We use Hostfully guidebooks to provide a great experience for our thousands of guests. The ability to create templates saves us a lot of time creating new guidebooks. Both our guests and owners are extremely impressed by the functionality.

Pros

Saves us hours of time, great guest experience, mobile responsive, easy to use.

Cons

The recommendations screen is a little hard to navigate.

Tim

Hostfully Guidebook Keeps Guests Informed if Only They Would Read

My experience with the platform is it has been terrific to work with. There are a lot of features and capabilities that may not be readily apparent to a first-time user, such as how to include the ability for guests to review you after their stay, or how to customize the checkout list, or rename a category. But just know, the platform is flexible and there are many ways to organize and setup your guidebook to be uniquely yours.

Pros

The program is tremendously flexible for taking once written binders of information into accessible information whether links, text and/or video. Use of Google Places helps to ensure recommendations are good looking and have all the relevant information such as an image, link, map and whatever information a host would like to write in recommending an attraction, bar or restaurant. Guidebooks created with Hostfully look terrific whether on a computer, smartphone or printed. As a property manager, there's really no need to manage multiple documents of information to send to guests. You can print your guidebook and keep a binder if you want, you can email a PDF version or you can send a link to the guidebook. Hostfully becomes the one place to update all house information, rules, policies and guest recommendations and that's darn handy! And if you are a property management company implementing Hostfully for many properties, you'll appreciate the ability to Brand your guidebooks.

Cons

Hostfully allows you to manage multiple guidebooks. As an administrator of several guidebooks, how to manage one entry to many guidebooks can be a little confusing until you gain experience with the program. However, the fact that Hostfully has such a capability places it in a unique position so I'd call this also a Pro.

Reasons for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

Ease of use, especially making recommendation cards, overall features and flexibility, and the end result of guidebook; good looking on any device.

Reasons for switching to Hostfully Guidebooks

No need to reinvent the wheel. Creating your own guidebook will be much harder and time consuming. In the end, you might not be happy with the results and will no doubt lack important capabilities already built into Hostfully.

March 2022

Save yourself time while improving your guests' experiences (win-win)

Pros

It's no easy feat to manage over 100 vacation homes/rentals. An even bigger challenge is when they're all full of guests! This is where Hostfully guidebooks came in and saved the day. I've been using Hostfully's guidebooks for over 3 years and our guests love them. They find the information and recommendations we provide extremely helpful and because of it, we believe, they enjoy their stay more. Importantly, they are intuitive for first-time users and easy to dive right into. I was never asked by any guests for instructions or for help using them. We provide a QR code in each property which guests can scan to access the guidebook and voila! The management side is very easy and user-friendly. I was able to create almost 100 guidebooks for different unique homes in just 3 days! Hostfully also makes it easy and quick to update the guidebooks using a super-efficient "card" system which I love (it's genius). I used to create and update guidebooks by using a word processor, a very manual and time-consuming approach I would not recommend from the moment Hostfully is around. It's a no-brainer, really... Give it a try!

Cons

None comes to mind, honestly. I provided feedback for improvements when I first started working with Hostfully and the team was always so receptive and appreciated our feedback. They implemented so many improvements since then... so, what I saw as "cons" in the early days have been more or less ironed out.

Dan

December 2021

Launching Hostfully

Have started yet. Just trying to get it going!

Pros

Lots of great features!! For someone looking at a completed guidebook, it would be very helpful.

Cons

Extremely complex and challenging to get all the details put in properly on the paid version while waiting for emails to get a response. Would be real nice to have phone support or screen shots to assist. The videos are helpful for the overall site but NOT for specific fine details or when glitches arise.

Reasons for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

Just trying it out because it came recommended.

lack of free trial makes it impossible to see quality

Pros

nice design, good potential, but lacks features.

Cons

Lacking of basic features. Unprofessional staff when comes to refunds. Sales team very aggressive but no free trial so they oversell its abilities Massive overselling and marketing hype but very much overhyped. Not user-centric.

Carol

March 2022

Essential tool for every vacation rental host

My vacation rental is in another state, so I'm unable to visit as often as I'd like to. A paper guidebook really wouldn't be ideal me. Hostfully allows me to provide a wealth of information to my guests, and allows me to update the content from home at any time. Of the software tools I use to manage my rental, this is one I never second guess.

Pros

Hostfully is easy to use from both a host and guest perspective. I can easily add or update content, and the web interface is intuitive enough for guests to navigate around the site without any help. The free version is great, but the features that come with the paid version allow me so much more flexibility. I love creating my own custom categories! I also like being able to create/personalize links for each guest, and have the links expire on the date I specify.

Cons

Nothing... while there is always room for improvements/new features, I'm really love/value the software very much.

Reasons for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

I found the overall web experience (from guest perspective) more to my liking

Chip

This guidebook is my secret weapon against the competition

I don't have to kill a forest of trees printing out house manuals or updating items throughout the season which makes the printed version obsolete. I am able to text or email it to guests too. This has saved me so much time allowing me to focus on other parts of my new business.

Pros

I love the fact that it is so easy to use, both for me and my guests. Once I set up a few cards I got the hang of it and creating guidebooks became a breeze. The absolute best part is the customer support. I am NOT a technical person so my questions are pretty pumpkin spice and ugg boot basic and would have most techy types rolling their eyes, but these folks were more than patient and helpful and walked me through my cranium hiccups with ease. My guests think I am the coolest thing on the Cape with these guidebooks (I am) and the high fives all go to Hostfully for it. But don't tell my guests - I like wearing the crown.

Cons

When I first signed up, I did not understand what some of the fields on the cards were for and had to watch a Youtube video to figure out how to create a card. The instructions were not very clear on the use of the particular fields in question.

Stefani

Great platform. Great support.

We've had a very positive experience with Hostfully thus far. During the onboarding process, we got one-on-one training along with best practices recommendations that helped us improve the quality of our guidebooks. We didn't feel like we made this investment and then were left to figure things out on our own. Implementation was a daunting task for us as we have hundreds of properties, but Hostfully was so easy to use that we were able to get all of them set up within a week or two. We've also made recommendations to Hostfully about new features or improvements we'd like to see based on our experience using the platform, and they care about our opinions. We've already seen some development changes based on those recommendations, and we appreciate that so much!

Pros

We loved the concept, first and foremost, but what really sold us was how user-friendly it was for the host AND the guest. We wanted the guest experience to be easy for them so our guests felt empowered to answer their own questions and troubleshoot without having to sit on the phone with a guest relations specialist while on their vacation. We put answers in their fingertips and helped set an appropriate expectation pre-arrival.

Cons

There were initially some limitations to the way we wanted to display content to our guests, but since we discussed it with our rep, they have adjusted the software to give us more freedom. I can't think of a negative that is still relevant.

Tod

This is a RAD Guidebook ((Ridiculously Awesome Digital)

As a tourism professional, I'm a very big fan of products that make my life easier. When paired with the fact the Hostfully Guidebooks product also helps to make the experience of my valued clients better, it is a winning platform. I couldn't be more pleased.

Pros

In 2017, I implemented the Hostfully Hospitality Guide into my four, vacation-rental properties here in the mountain resort community of Kimberley, British Columbia. It's such a friendly way to share the key information, partially-required for my guests to have a 5-Star experience. Once set-up, the ease of use and integration into my Property Mangement System leads really helps me come across as knowing what the heck my business is doing:)

Cons

Like any SAAS, it takes a bit of learning and with all the awesome updates, I still need to take the time to process and integrate all the improvements.

Tod

Guidebook Brilliance!

Pros

When I first came across Hostfully Guidebooks I didn't even know I needed it (about four years ago in fall 2017). I used a cumbersome word document to send to my earliest vacation rental clients checking into my condo. It was a very manual process. Now, I own and operate four individual units and integrate my Hostfully Property Management System with Hostfully Guidebooks and we're basically hands-free from running this labour-intensive side of the biz. In short, I'd highly, highly recommend Hostfully from my perspective as a boutique property manager.

Cons

Integration was a breeze. No cons that I can think of.

Sasha

5 Star all the way!

Love it! I can answer all my guests questions in it and automate the whole process, while also feeling that I have really looked after each person checking in.

Pros

Makes looking after guests a breeze! Highly recommend to any host that wants to make their job a little easier.

Cons

I guess if i had to write what I liked least about this software, its that I don't get to talk personally to all my guests, as they have no questions!!! Most come and go and I haven't had to talk to them at all. Occasionally they do have questions and I enjoy the interaction with the wonderful people that visit my properties.

Joe

Great online guidebook platform for our Pura Vida Ecolodge retreat in Costa Rica,

Pros

In a world where we're often on the go so much of the time and it's not always practical, or quite frankly, necessary to print out a 25-page guidebook, Hostfully provided us with the online platform that enables us to share some really useful information and tips with all our guests that come and stay at Pura Vida Ecolodge on their mobile device in a quick and easy manner... good job and keep the updates and progress coming. Pura vida!

Cons

Sometimes the infrastructure is a little fiddley in terms of editing and updating but I know they have come on leaps and bounds since it first started.

Malcolm

Excellent Product - I wish I had known about it 4 years ago!

We started using Hostfully as an alternative to paper in-room directories. This was triggered by Covid as Hostfully gives a 100% no contact access to our guidebook. We're delighted with it.

Pros

Hostfully is a brillant addition to our small 5 bed guest house in England. It was very easy to write the content. The links to recommended restaurants and attractions etc. work seamlessly and it works wonderfully for our guests. It's also very easy to update. We send each guest a link to the guide book a week before they arrive and we also have a link to the guidebook as the home page for the internet on our in-room smart TV's. Our guests love it. On the few occasions that I have needed help I have found the customer service (Phung usually answers my queries) to be excellent. I just can't fault this product and would wholeheartedly endorse it.

Cons

Can't think of any. It does what it is supposed to do.

Dan

Effective communication with my guests

The Guidebooks platform allows me to provide my guests with a useful and comprehensive guest book in advance of their arrival and gives my guests a means of carrying my guest book with them while staying at Casa de Paz. I provide a printed "Welcome Book" in the home, but guests don't have access to this until AFTER their arrival and check-in. With the Hostfully Guidebook, guests have information about Casa de Paz, check-in instructions complete with pictures, address, directions, phone numbers, etc. before they arrive. A further advantage of the online Guidebook is that guests have access to information when they are out and about.

Pros

Hostfully's online Guidebook gives me a great platform to create, manage, update and distribute my Guidebook to my guests prior to their arrival. The software is easy to use. The end result is a satisfying product that my guests can easily access and use leading up to and during their stay at our accommodations. As for cost, I have one property and Hostfully gives me free access and usage of the Guidebook program.

Cons

No real cons. The software is fairly easy to use and produces a great product for my guests.

Jacky

Best guidebook software I ever had. Great outstanding features.

If I could give 6 star, I would with no doubt. Great customer service and support.

Pros

It's been almost 2 years I I ve been using Hostfully guidebooks and I think this is the first software I am using all the tools. This guidebook is incredible and super well designed. All my customers are very happy, they love it.

Cons

Nothing, as someone said, I must right something but I do not have anything to complain. Everything is great. love it and recommend at 100%. Even translations are very good.

Reasons for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

the way the product was explained to me, very profissional and tailor made.

Marilyn

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Perfect Guide for My Vacation Rental

Overall positive experience

Pros

I'm not sure how I found out about the Hostfully Guide, but it couldn't have come around at a better time. I had my own personalized guide, but every time it needed updating it was a major time consuming project. What I like the best is the ease in which I can update and how my guests can access it on their phone, laptop, tablet or computer. Plus they can also pass it along to other family members or friends who will also be staying at our home. Another wonderful feature is that it incorporates both the house manual plus tips on where to dine, shop, visit, etc. I've already promoted the Hostfully Guide several times when new vacation rental managers or owners ask for some tips on how to provide this very information to their guests. And since I only have one home the price is right (FREE!)

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about it.

Reasons for switching to Hostfully Guidebooks

Ease of use and availability for my guests.

Nicki

May 2022

Much better than others in their field

This saves us so much time as an extension to our FAQ page on our website.

Pros

We have the paid version as we have several properties - we love it's ease for guests, the layout is user friendly and for us it is easy to add to and distribute. Particularly like the language translation features as our guests are multi national.

Cons

At the moment there are some glitches in the translation tool but I understand this is being worked on.

Reasons for choosing Hostfully Guidebooks

Value for money and that it was free when we started with one property, although we soon moved onto paid as we did not like the adverts on the free version which were completely irrelevant due to our location.

Ali

A vacation rental owner's godsend!

Guidebooks Platform has allowed me to include every possible bit of information my guests might have questions about. This has benefited me, as the manager and owner, to be contacted with questions very rarely. Many of my guests have mentioned the guidebook in their 5 star reviews, mentioning how thorough it was and how it gave them answers to all of their questions. We recently bought a second rental home and I won't hesitate to use Guidebooks Platform again with that property.

Pros

The ability to make changes in real time anytime I need to. I sent the link with the guidebook to all of my guests before check-in and we keep a hard copy of the guidebook in our rental as well. Anytime we make changes, I print a new copy of whichever page I updated and swap it out on my next visit to our rental. But I love that, because it's available online to my guests, they can see my changes that way if I haven't been able to change them in the physical book yet.

Cons

Nothing to dislike but I'll keep writing because there's a text minimum.

Hostfully Guidebooks

We get awesome response from our guests when we send them the link to our Guidebooks, with all our property details and recommendations. They like that they can easily navigate through these, and that the recommendations we set up can then take them to websites about the activity/place to find out more. It's been good having additional features added such as being able to produce custom categories.

Pros

I like the way the final product presents to our Short Term Rental Guests, and the way you can apply changes or add features across multiple properties easily.

Cons

That it doesn't give a very good printed version of the Guidebook

Alanna & Deveny

Is there really another choice?

This software has given us a hands off guest experience

Pros

This software is as simple as it gets. It allows us to say what we need to say to each guest, ONE time. With a busy business, Hosfully guidebooks cuts explaining to a small fraction "Have you read our guide book?"

Cons

The cost is a bit expensive for small businesses, especially when you have so many

Easy and useful platform

Sharing Holiday Rental information with our guests before arrival and during their stay.

Pros

The software is very easy to set up and to update when necessary, with many options to enrich the added information. The structure is perfect for the content needed and demanded for a Holiday Rental, with friendly "Cards". One of the favourite is to be a able to put the name of the recommended business and the platform displays the map automatically. It is a good tool to share information with our customers in a browser environment rather than an app. This can be used but almost every guest.

Cons

There are no Cons. We haven't had a problem or a negative issue since we started using this platform.

Hostfully is an invaluable resource!

Pros

With multiple listings Hostfully is truly a life saver! Being able to put all the information about your Short Term Rental in a Hostfully guide book has been a huge time saver. I get very few questions from guest about things inside our listing, or where to go to eat, activities, etc.

Cons

Not much negative that I can speak of really.

Tahirah

Great hospitality platform

I love that I have everything in one place and I could just send a link to my guests or print out each portion needing printed. It's very easy to use for both owners and guests.

Pros

Easy to use Self explanatory User friendly Useful and great for guests Nicely designed

Cons

There's nothing I do not like except I'm not sure how secure it is.

Beth

A guest resource I rely on

Meets my needs for an informative & professional guidebook.

Pros

That it continues to improve & takes into consideration my needs as an Airbnb host. I like the quality of the layout & pictorial functions. My guests appreciate the helpfulness of the guidebook I’ve created.

Cons

I would like more ability to create more in depth travel guides for guests. I need to explore if I better personalize recommendations.

At the time I found Airbnb’s guidebook function limiting

Hope

Guidebooks Platform- Review

It has been beneficial for us to track how many of our guests are actually using the links and information.

Pros

We work within this software daily and find it very user friendly and easy to maneuver. The support team is very responsive and always available for questions and concerns.

Cons

The links are not secure so we can't input sensitive information

4.85/5 out of 47 reviews