• Pros

• "Very easy to use and great support is available"

• "I love that the software automates everything. Is has a great format and has helped my workload."

• "I like the ease of using the software. It does way more than I require."

• Cons

• "It's not a con, but there is a LOT to learn. But, customer support is always there to help and they have some great articles too. "

• "Granted, there is a learning curve as with any software. So, my own frustration was my biggest enemy. I quickly asked for help when I was lost and always quickly received a response."

• "The system will take a little bit of time to get set-up and configured, but the time spent is well worth it in the long run."

Browse OwnerRez Reviews

Todd from Vacation-Maui.net

So Happy!

Pros

I honestly cannot say enough good things about OwnerRez as both a software and as a company. Having been in business for many years in both the technology and manufacturing realms and now in vacation rental management, I have a real appreciation for quality customer service. The service and technical support offered by this company truly sets the bar for others. I continue to be blown away at the speed and thoroughness of their responses even at late hours, on weekends… you name it! Now the software – just WOW! OwnerRez has saved our company so much time and energy. From calendar syncing, guest communication, automated emails, an amazing variety of reports, integration with other platforms (VRBO, Airbnb, Booking.com, QuickBooks), etc. – I could not imagine functioning without it. Best of all – the hosted application is fast! In addition, the website hosting gives us an all-in-one solution to be able to see everything that is happening from one place and share that with our customers. It even works on your mobile phone! I could go on and on – but you get the idea – I love this software and more importantly – the company and service behind it!

Cons

There are too many options? HA! This software does so much that truly complete configuration can take some time - but is that really a con? I can't really think of a con or complaint.

Bill from Pacific View Lodging

Great Software, Great Price, Great Support - What's Not to Love?

They are just an overall complete solution... Great Price, Great Support, Great Feature set. I wish I would have found them before I made the mistake that cost me thousands of dollars in implementation costs and improperly collected (ie not collected) taxes.

Pros

OwnerRez is full featured Property Management software. Our goal when embarking on the journey of finding a solution was to be as hands off as we could be. With OwnerRez someone can book a property, pay online, receive all communications needed for arrival, have door locks added to the appropriate home automation system and have the cleaning scheduled. (Granted there are some 3rd party integrations here but the integrations are so solid that we don't have to worry about them) OwnerRez is easy to use. The database is built in a way that it is fully relational. You can look at a guest, see all of their bookings, click on the booking and have all relevant data including communications to/from the guest right there at your finger tips. Support with OwnerRez is top notch. I've never talked with them on the phone but their email response times are exceptional and their solutions detailed and comprehensive. You do not have an "expensive" onboarding team to walk you through step by step... but with OwnerRez we didn't need it. Watched a couple of videos, followed some checklists and we were up and running in a matter of a week. We spent 5 weeks with another solution and when it came time to go live we had one OTA connected and it was not calculating tax correctly. Literally we had all OTAs connected to OwnerRez in a week and were managing our complete portfolio with virtually no hiccups.

Cons

OwnerRez is extremely feature rich. I wanted a single solution for all aspects of our business but ultimately I have decided to let the experts in Housekeeping and Guest Portals do what they do best and just integrate to OwnerRez. Perhaps someday they will add that functionality.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

I needed a solution quickly and it was recommended by one of their HIGH end competitors as a good Mid Tier solution.

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Ciirus could not get things to work. Promised/sold functionality that ultimately was not there. Too much behind the scenes configuration that ultimately didn't work.

Really cool software

Pros

OwnerRez is an innovative new tool that works pretty well for what I use it for. It has a nice, clean UI.

Cons

Although it has a good UI, there are always problems, and there are occasionally buttons or features that I don't need as much that clutter things.

Robbye from Howard Beach Condo

Superb Customer Service

I cannot say enough about their customer service. Always quick to help and always goes beyond what is required.

Pros

Set up was easy with detailed examples to help guide you through the steps.

Cons

Not having a technology background, I do not have any suggestions for improvement-it works seamlessly for me.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Customer Service and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

I had several technical problems along the way and it was always hard to get an answer to my questions from Wix. When I began using Owner Reservations, their customer support would help me with questions that should have been answered by Wix. It was an easy decision to also let Ownerrez host my website and I have not regretted that decision at all.

Andrea from CelebrateBR LLC

If you have doubts or issues, don't have to wait long for a fast support team response!

it was self explanatory and easy to work with, but yes you have to experience and try for yourself. It's a lot of features and the best way to learn is using it... Some things you will find out works great for you and other features not so much, but you can just not use it and leave it aside. Overall great functions and fast learning after you begin using it.

Pros

It's kind of easy to work with, unlike many others in the market, but is you have any problem or doubt, the support team is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-L-Y fast to respond!! So you can solve most of the problems or doubts real quick.

Cons

no negative issues so far... I am still learning some functions, but so far it worked great for what I need.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

easy to work with and the main functions were there. After purchase I realize what they have the best is their support team. They never failed me once getting back to me quickly and solving or explaining my issues/concerns.

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Actually I used Ciirus as a homeowner last year. But as a Homeowner I already had difficulties using it. And you do not allow all features for homeowners. I wonder how it must be a lot more difficult with administrator functions.

Gabriella from Hospitality

Never been happier

The concierge service was just what I needed - they set up everything, and they're help email is always quick to respond. The staff are all very friendly and willing to ensure you are set up for success.

Pros

The features of the hosted website, my website looks so professional. I was previously using Wix, and the difference in quality is astounding. The channel manager ensures all my photos match to all my listing channels.

Cons

They just removed a fee feature that allowed you to associate certain fees when using credit card processors, but was easily able to adjust and set up a surcharge to cover this.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Seemed like a more cost efficient option, and seemed to be more cost efficient.

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Started using Ownerrez for the channel management, ended up adding additional features that brought my brand to a whole new level.

Chuck from Our Smoky Mountain Rentals

More powerful than expected

In the competitive world of short-term rentals, there are a number of booking sites to be listed on and lots of information to synchronize. OwnerRez allows us to do that all in a single place.

Pros

The OwnerRex software is more powerful and flexible that it appeared at first glance. We quickly found we were able to customize huge portions of it, take advantage of automation to reduce labor, and found many of its functions were actually an EASIER way to perform tasks than on the connected booking sites. Being a progressive web app, we quickly found that it worked well across all of our mobile platforms as well.

Cons

Many booking platforms have their own proprietary messaging features and do not make them available through APIs. So we still have to login to each service when inquiries or bookings come in, but that is a problem with the booking sites, not OwnerRez.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

The community of owners were are very enthusiastic about the product, which got our attention. It works with many of the online booking sites. It will work with VRBO using the API which allows us to process payments ourselves.

Tina from Abundance Retreat

I LOVE OWNER REZ!!!

Pros

I love everything about OwnerRez - - the software is so easy to use! It makes my life so much easier! The customer services is excellent! I would never think of using another software to help coordinate my reservations and guests.

Cons

Nothing. I love OwnerRez! They rock!

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

EVERYTHING! Bad interface. Hard to use. Bad customer service. YUCK!!!!!!!!

OwnerRez makes a big difference

Incredible company and top notch support. They really want to see that you are successful [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing).

Pros

OwnerRez has enormous capability and configuration to manage our properties. It is phenomenal software and the customer support is absolutely incredible. Very impressive company. We have been able to automate our business to new levels using OwnerRez.

Cons

Overall I love the software and it is way better than several we had tried.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Price, capability, support, community recommendations, integrations

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

More capabilities, legal agreements, integration with locks, a true CRM

Stephanie from Sea South Properties

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best customer support ever!

My biggest business problem is, what's going on right now, today? The different screens I have at my fingertips helps me keep my pulse on what is happening today, tomorrow and next week.

Pros

I love what this software does for me. The daily tracking and the ease of having the information I need right at my fingertips. The customer support is second to none. I'm learning more and more as I dive into it and there are so many things that OwnerRez anticipated and already have in the software. The customer service has been awesome and very responsive. I'm not techy but they help me through each little road block I hit.

Price.

Calli from Chicota Inc

Great Customer Service

Pros

- One central place to see all of my bookings, send emails, and manage 4 vacation rental properties - Great customer service - helpful implementation checklists, very responsive and helpful customer service reps even during the free trial period - Imports property info from Airbnb & VRBO

Cons

- Calendar needs to sync in real time. I like to know immediately when a booking comes in - as is, the sync takes up to an hour.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

OwnerRez posts their prices online - I didn't go with one of their competitors because they didn't. I prefer companies that have transparent business practices.

Beth from Waterview Property Management, LLC

User-friendly, intuitive, and the BEST customer support

When I started in this business, I managed 10 properties and did everything by hand with spreadsheets. I communicated with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for weeks before making the leap to purchase the software and web hosting. I remember being so afraid to leave what I knew and start with something unfamiliar, even though creating month-end statements were taking up a whole day and organizing each day took way more time than it should. I definitely lost sleep over how to move forward. I also remember telling [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that if this works, I'll yell my satisfaction from the rooftops! Here I am, on the rooftops.

Pros

The biggest positive is the quick and responsive customer support. I often don't have time to go through the forum to see if the answer already exists and will shoot an email over to the help desk. I usually get a reply within an hour or two. If there is an article that will help, they send that too. My second favorite is the ribbon calendar that I can color code as I need. It is easy to read in the fly which is how I operate on most days. The third favorite thing I use is the daily report so I can easily print the report on the way out the door and have all I need at a glance. Add to these the other helpful components that are really TNTM ("too numerous to mention") such as charts, comparisons, easy listing adjustments, and other tools I will probably never learn to use.... this software is really packed full of what each user needs for their own purposes.

Cons

There isn't anything I like least - although there are tasks of my job that are less appealing than others, such as assigning rates. I am learning how to grasp some of the larger concepts in this area but the software "makes sense" in how the different components of pricing is deployed - rates, seasons, discounts, etc.... Once one creates the greater goals, implementation becomes intuitive. As mentioned before, I have been very fortunate to have help from the developers on how to implement pricing despite the tediousness of the task.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

One reason I chose Owner Rez over some of the larger companies out there was because the price was more affordable. I also felt like the developers were interested in helping small businesses like mine even though they are poised to support the larger ones. I felt they were personally more aware of the real issues "on the ground" and could empathize with what people in my position need. The reality is that with empathy has come understanding of needs and changes in the software. I also never felt pressured, was not contacted a bunch of times to push me into making my decision. The really just let me come to my own conclusion. I couldn't be more thrilled with every aspect of my decision.

Rebecca from The Redwood Retreat

Perfect software for a Vacation Rental Owner Manager

A little over a year before VRBO was purchased by Expedia I had ventured into the vacation rental market with just one property. At that time 95% of my bookings came via VRBO, with the remaining 5% coming from Airbnb. The first year was very good. When ownership of VRBO transferred, my business dropped by nearly 70% and customer support became essentially non-existent. In my frustration with being subject to the whim of large corporations, I was determined to create a simple way for guests to book directly with me. I knew this would mean I needed a way to manage my calendar, present rates and allow online booking. For nearly a week I researched various vacation rental management platforms before deciding OwnerRez was the best fit. OwnerRez was fantastic, they gave me all kinds of tips on how to build my website, how to set-up a merchant account and how to configure OwnerRez to accurately reflect my intentions. Since onboarding with them I have watched them continually improve their platform, adding more capabilities, simplifying processes and generally adapting to the evolving vacation rental marketplace. Through it all, their interface has remained about the same and their amazing customer support hasn't changed a bit. Thanks to OwnerRez, my vacation rental is no longer dependent on large booking sites, though I do still take bookings via Airbnb and VRBO. More than 50% of my business comes directly through my website. I cannot recommend OwnerRez highly enough!

Pros

OwnerRez software is incredibly easy it is to integrate with a website. Thanks to this software, my guests can check availability, get quotes, book, and check reviews collected from several sights and right on my website. I've never had an issue with my website not performing correctly or with incorrect information being presented to my guests. For those who are curious about what the guest interface looks like on a self-built website take a look at TheRedwoodRetreat.com. All dynamic information on this website is provided through and controlled by my OwnerRez account. I have only the most basic layman's knowledge of web design, software interface and computer technology in general, yet I was able to build my own website through which guests can book directly with me. Beyond supporting website integration, OwnerRez has flexibility in almost all aspects of control, from rates and length of stay to seasonality and custom integrations with commercial booking sites such as Airbnb and VRBO. Their custom e-mail templates offer endless possibilities for creating great guest interactions, notifying third parties. I even use them to send myself reminders to give guests special offers when there are short gaps in my calendar. OwnerRez is constantly making improvements to adapt to the ever-changing vacation rental marketplace. Their help articles and customer support are insightful and provide step-by-step processes for some of the more complicated aspects of set-up.

Cons

There are still more features on OwnerRez than I actually use. This is not a 'con', but it is critically important to take the time to understand how you are supposed to do what you are trying to do when using OwnerRez. The vast flexibility of the program means there is plenty of room for user error. In most cases a warning will present if you create a clear conflict. But if you make an error in your rates and don't catch it, you may be giving a lucky guest a great deal without knowing it. OwnerRez has done a great job of providing well written, easy to follow help articles. My technique for making sure I don't create problems for myself is to search the help archive for articles regarding what-ever it is I want to do and read them carefully before diving into my project. There is one area I'd like to see improved: Currently the financial reports provide great information and flexibility. However, they have no way to capture the credit card processing fee's I pay through my merchant account. Providing an integration with merchant accounts which allows credit card processing fees to be captured would bring this area of reporting up to the outstanding standard OwnerRez has already set.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Customer support, software flexibility, listing site independence and price.

Chester from CKIS Properties LLC

Awesome Product

Before retiring and managing my rental property I was in the IT department of a large hospital for 40 years, involved in application development, vendor application management and a technical systems engineer, MCSE, CNE, CCNA, VCP. So I have had a lot of experience with software and systems. I had been using another property management product for a year that was absolutely horrible and had zero enhancements to the product while I was with them. The main reason that I chose this product to begin with was that it offered me the ability to offer my guests property damage protection and trip cancellation insurance for a property owner that has only one property, all the other products required the owner to have/manage at least 5 properties. After test driving the product for the free trial period I quickly found that this product was for me and dumped my prior vendor like a hot potato. The system is rich in all the major features that a property owner could ask for like a large number of payment methods, legal agreement integration including guest online signing, email templates, triggers and tracking, listing site integration, travel insurance, property damage protection and a host of others. The owners/developers of this product actually do listen to their customers, I have been with them for a short 5 months and have seen a number of enhancements in that short time. Their response time for questions is very quick and they have answered all my questions. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

The setup process was straight forward and includes a Setup Interview to make sure that you configure the minimum configuration to get things going. After you have configured the system they also include an import feature so that you can import all your information from excel to make the transition a breeze. You are able to modify an invoice on the fly before sending the quote to the guest to include additional line items like a Special Discount, change a charge, delete a line item, etc. You have complete control over the invoice and how it will be presented to the guest, absolutely fantastic.

Cons

The rates database is separate from the seasons database and I feel if the rates were included in the seasons database it would make the setup process a little easier.

Response from OwnerRez

Replied April 2017

Thanks, Chester! We appreciate having you as a customer! Lot of great new features just around the corner.

Best thing I've done for my business

I started with OwnerRez because I wanted reliable calendar syncing as I expanded my business. This has worked perfectly for me & I also love the ‘app’ on my phone, each properly is color coded on the calendar and I love being able to clearly see, even when out & about, which dates are booked by which guest at which property. But even better are the features I did not even realize I was missing: *Templated communications send automatically with triggers *API was added in early 2020 mainly because I wanted all the guest info come over automatically so the triggers could work properly, but then VRBO had their crazy year of double damage deposit deductions and not paying hosts for weeks after the guests had stayed. I was eminently grateful that I was collecting the VRBO CCs myself. *The emails I send through OR allow me to see if the guest has opened them *The rental agreement is sent automatically via triggers and connects with an e-signature set up that is included in the OR fees I pay, no add on e-sign fees *I can send an automatic email to AirBnB guests requesting a real email address so I can remain in contact in the future *There is the ability to see and utilize the AirBnB messaging via OR’s CRM function *All property set up, photos, listings etc. is done on OR, so one set up goes to VRBO/ABB, and the same with edits, updates, etc. You can set pricing differentials between the sites, but otherwise the pricing updates also goes out automatically *Having OR has allo

Pros

The way it makes my life better every day

Cons

For the initial set up, I would have been smarter to pay for the concierge service.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Customer reviews from other owners

Alice from Bamboo Apartments

First time using software, upgraded from paper calendar & Excel spread sheets. Hallelujah!

Saving a ton of time, and increasing occupancy by reducing booking friction. Also saving my sanity by avoiding double-bookings.

Pros

The software is easy to use for a novice user (like me), and Customer Support is there every step of the way. I am a sole proprietor, and the demands of the business and increased complexity of the market made it impossible to continue our old ways. I liked finding software created by someone in the business and a company that had been in business for a while. Every time I had a question, one of the rep was there to answer and respond. I am not sure he sleeps. It's a big risk to take all of your data and your process and turn it over to a company. I spent about two years looking, researching, and reading reviews. Our family has been in this business for 46 years-- we've stayed in business by being careful. OwnerRez was the single best purchase we've made since we started a website in 2004. The "book it now" button has decreased booking friction and we've picked up some bookings I'm sure we wouldn't have had with our old process. Our long-term customers like the ease of looking at the calendar on line, reserving, and paying, all in one shot. The graphics are clean, and the process is intuitive. Yes, it will take some getting used to if you are accustomed to paper calendars and Excel spread sheets, but it is well worth the investment in time.

Susan from BermudaBNB

Highly recommend Owner Raz

Exceptional.

Pros

Owner Rez. It’s not only very easy to use, it has functionality that I didn’t even know I needed until I signed up. The customer support is unlike any customer support I’ve experienced regarding any software! Also what I find very important about this particular software is that the Support side of the business listens to what its customers are saying and makes the necessary changes.I have used other platforms for our vacation rental business but none had even anywhere near close the functionality no the ease-of-use. I highly recommend Owner Rez as it is also great value for money.

Cons

The calendar is static and not rolling there if is difficult to see checkouts all in the same page at the end of any month.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Owner Rez is much less expressive

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Vreasy was too expensive and didn’t support Authorize.net

Dawn from RedSpiralHand

My "go to" booking and management solution for new vacation rental owner/manager clients

I've been a web developer for over 22 years and focused primarily on the vacation rental sector for 6+ years. I've integrated other solutions into wordpress websites and many solutions are just not mobile accessible enough or not as friendly to smaller vr businesses (focus on 50+ properties customers) and have sub par support and documentation. Some just don't work at all as advertised. OwnerRez is now my favorite solution provider to work with after trying a bunch. They always have my back and I know my clients will all be treated golden. I sure wish more companies were like this!

Pros

I have not once heard a complaint from clients about this product, in fact all are well-pleased with it and how it integrates (totally mobile!) with the wordpress genesis websites we build and customize. The documentation and support that OwnerRez provides is second-to-none and certainly not found with other solutions that are reasonably priced. In fact, many companies that provide these tools for a lot higher cost have terrible documentation and support. This not only makes my job much easier but also helps my clients.

Cons

Some clients want features that OwnerRez does not yet have. I find that it's not only the perfect entry product for new VR owners/managers but like every solutions, it can have limitations. But they are always shifting and adding new things so doing a good job keeping up with the listing site/industry changes.

Stacie from Stay Better Vacations

OwnerRez is the Best!

Everyday, we feel like we find a new feature that we didn't know about before, that makes running our business easier, and they are adding more all of the time. The customer support is superb! CSRs are very responsive and patient with our questions.

Pros

OwnerRez has everything we were looking for in a property management system. From automated emails to accounting, to integrations with Price Lab, VRBO, TripAdvisor and more, this product has the most bang for your buck!

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

The time difference made training and getting in touch with their customer support made things difficult. They also did not support US taxes at the time we started using them.

Garry from Sasquatch Vacations - Rocky Mountain Vacation Rentals

OwnerRez does everything I need in a vacation rental software, and a bunch I didn't know I needed.

It makes running my business easier than I could have imagined. It's the one system I can't live without. The automation that it provides makes it so I don't hardly need to lift a finger. Many people say that Short Term Rentals are not passive income investments. OwnerRez challenges this notion.

Pros

I wish I could give 6 or 7 stars for Features and Functionality and Customer Support. The software and support team are outstanding. I've tried running booking plugins on a Wordpress site, and that gave me lots of headaches. While searching for new plugins, I found OwnerRez and a few other similar applications. After researching reviews online, I narrowed it down to two and tried the other one first. It still left me wanting in some areas. Then I tried OwnerRez and I was hooked. Since I had other issues with Wordpress overall, I jumped right in and added the OwnerRez hosted web site too. It's super easy to configure, and very reasonably priced. And did I mention the support is awesome? Every once in a while I find something new that I think would be a great addition. Some of those have already been incorporated as new features in the product.

Cons

I briefly considered giving 4 stars for Ease of Use, because there are so many options and features that sometimes it's overwhelming. But overall, I think that's a great thing, and it wouldn't be fair to rate them less than 5 stars. And anything that I have trouble with, I just send an email to the support team and get a response within a few hours. Or if I can't find a feature, they let me know exactly where it's located. The more I use it, the easier it becomes.

October 2013

Randy from SeawallCondos.com

October 2013

Premier Vacation Rental Software with Excellent Customer Service

I built my business on the OwnerReservation.com (OwnerRez) software/program. I went from $0 to $250,000 in revenue in 1 year all because of the integration and ease of use provided by OwnerRez. THe program easily integrates with all of the popular sites such as homeaway, vrbo, flipkey and more. They have even set up custom scripts for me to integrate with other sites. My housekeeping contractor can easily keep up with required cleaning by viewing the schedules that are automatically updated by OwnerRez widgets on any web site I want to put them on. They provide custom reports on bookings, taxes, occupancy rates, revenue, etc. all from the program. Also, bookings are automated. The email responses to the prospective traveler provide a bookable link to a secure web page where the traveler agrees to my contract and makes the booking themselves. Calendars on all sites are automatically updated to reflect the new booking and money for the booking is automatically deposited to my checking account next day. The system automatically collects the remaining payments and sends a confirmation to the traveler, automatically sends out an email to the traveler a few days prior to their arrival with custom instructions and finally authorizes a security deposit the day prior to the guest's arrival date. I really have no intervention in the process other than to release their security deposit with a few mouse clicks the day of departure! In fact, I manage all of this using my Android phone I did an extensive online search before deciding on Ownerreservations.com software. I now have 6 rentals and it's sooo easy to manage everything that has to take place even during the season when we are booked solid for 4 months during the summer with this software. I was able to learn how to operate the software very quickly and for those times when I ran into a snag, the team of support staff at OwnerRez was able to quickly provide support. They provide top notch customer service, all the bells & whistles to make your vacation rental business easy to manage and profitable right away. I truly believe that Ownerrez is the best software available and I highly recommend it to anyone that has a vacation rental.

Lynne from Asheville Urban Nests

Owner Rez has made my life much easier

I am trying to manage 4 short term rental properties and being able to see them all on one page makes my life much easier. Often clients will want 1-2 of my properties - now I can look in one place and answer them. Also, now I'm able to take direct bookings on my own website easily.

Pros

The most amazing thing about this software is the excellent, helpful and friendly (and fast!) customer support. I have four properties on Airbnb, Homeaway and VRBO, so getting all those calendars synched, templates written and triggers set up was daunting, but they were always there sometime instantly to help me. Having their app on my phone is a great new improvement too. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

The only thing missing is that I wish that my cleaners could log in and mark whether or not they can do a cleaning. However, the folks at Owner Rez said they are working on it! When that happens, it will be even better.

Ben from Arrive and Thrive

After 25 Channel Manager Demos I chose OwnerRez

I've covered a lot in the other areas, but they really are fantastic. I'm only about a month into working with them and I have an entire booking engine up and relatively smoothed out in every major way. Let me tell you... as someone who has worked in tech for a long time... that is not usually the case with something this detailed... I'm not a plug-and-play kind of operator either. I like to maximize the features available, so this is coming from a person who stress-tests systems.

Pros

Their customer service is SECOND TO NONE in my experience. They have direct API integration to all the major channels, tutorials for everything you need to build out your own site, API partnerships with tons of great 3rd party services and seem very open to integration with more if requested. Rolling out new technologies and upgrades constantly... This is the team I want to be on. Interactive and supportive.

Cons

Since their focus seems to be vigorously on functionality, 3rd party inclusion/API syncing, and constant growth within their own custom system, I would say the one issue they have is that while they focus on FUNCTION, they're less bothered by FASHION. Everything works beautifully (in my experience) but not a lot of the action behind the hood is sexy. It's like PC vs Mac. But I will take function over UI any day.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Price, API Sync with the major platforms, API sync with 3rd party partners for enhanced guest experience, customer service.

Shannon from Posh Hospitality LLC

Concierge Support Team is Amazing!

A bit on the stressful side - initially, I started with a focus to only launch a direct-booking website and somehow got off track with API integrations and experienced a serious problem with the PM API set up with VRBO, had that reversed, and then my VRBO listing was "broken" for almost a week. As of today, so far it seems we're back on track so I'm happy about that.

Pros

Simplifying my listings into one dashboard and most importantly the option for direct bookings that are as professional, if not more, than OTA's. Working with the concierge team, particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been incredible.

Cons

I'm still learning and getting familiar with all OwnerRez has to offer; at first I thought it was a bit clunky but as I said I'm still learning. I wish there were a feature to allow for messaging, e.g. similar to Smartbnb that pushes communication to guests in a reservation messaging thread via an app. This seems to be an industry standard, so I hope this functionality will be a future implementation. For now, I will maintain Airbnb guest communication primarily pushed through Smartbnb as all of my autoresponders are currently set up there and it works well. Plus, Airbnb "grades" hosts on their response times to guest communication via their messaging app / messaging thread.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Recommendations from friends who are also STRP hosts and comparing all of the options. Going with OwnerRez was a no brainer. Thanks!

Love Owner Rez

Calendar updates, widgets for my website, spread sheets for my guests, and auto email responders.

Pros

I have been using Owner Rez for a few years now. I love that I can sync all my calendars to my Owner Rez calendar and know all my calendars are updated. Our reps are always available to help (even the smallest issue). Their customer support is the best of the best! Emails are answered almost immediately even with the time zone difference!! The tutorials are a huge help in getting started and making day to day tasks a breeze. I can’t imagine running my business without Owner Rez. Thanks guys for a great product that is easy to use!

Cons

I could use multiple payment schedules but I hear this in the works for 2019.

Charles (Cap) from CIELO

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

I am one of a family of 3 that uses OwnerRez to rent our 5 houses

OwnerRez makes the process of presenting a property to the potential customer in an easy way. And, we have our own site for presenting our houses, showing availability, pricing and so on and, if a customer fills in their information, it goes to to OwnerRez.

Pros

OwnerRez was very easy to use. Also, when I had a problem or question, someone from OwnerRez contacted me quickly and solved the problem.

Cons

I like everything about OwnerRez software.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

They were recommended by my friends who were retiring.

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Once my friends retired, I told them about OwnerRez and the two companies worked together to create a even better side for me and my family. We are very pleased

Bruce from Seasons Cabin Rentals

Going to improve my Business Model

I chose to pay the extra fee for OwnerRez to help me setup up the hosting of my website and help me set everything up which was worth every penny. A shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who video conferenced with me showing me the ropes. Let's not forget customer service. Awesome response time from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who responded to my e-mails really fast. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] must not get much sleep, LOL. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for all your support! I manage a 5 star cabin rental business and OwnerRez is definitely a 5 Star software company. I highly recommend!

Pros

There are so many automated templates to improve communication with each of my overnight rental guests. Ease of use Integration with my website and wi-fi door locks

Cons

Text messaging is something very important to me for sending door codes, but I understand that is under final testing and will be rolled out soon.

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

For obvious reasons: I've connected my merchant account so I get paid in two days, not after the guest leaves sometimes with VRBO. I have one place to manage both VRBO and my website, a huge time saver. Automation of the whole booking process which allows you to send messages to your guests when they need to be sent. I could go on and on about the pro's to using OwnerRez, just take a look and ask some questions, you wont regret it!

June 2016

Ashish from Owner Flagstone villa

June 2016

Awesome site

This is of interest to those homeowner who reply to their own inquiries. Just come across a website called Owner Reservations. They have an online software that will (1) Automate your replies to inquiries as long as minimum data set / specific information is contained within the initial inquiry. If not, then email is sent to you to do reply (which is very easy and you can do on your mobile. System will also recognise if their are comments in the inquiry, if present you can set it to auto-reply or leave it for you to do. Content of reply is fully editable. (2) Sends a rental agreement for guest to sign online. (3) Automatically collect payments. If initial payment is made via credit card, system will collect balance and security deposit automatically. (3) Sends reminders for all scheduled payments ie balance and security deposit automatically at a time interval you set. . (4) Refunds security deposit automatically at a time interval you set. . (5) Add surcharges ie we charge a cleaning fee if the guests stay less than 7 days. This can be done on the system (6) Offer discounts for certain times of the year that you can set. (7) Sends out a receipt automatically. (8) Different email templates ie one for initial inquiry, one for balance due, one for security deposit due, even one for checklist. The timing of these are all amendable. (9) Export calenders. (10) Any replies from guests are sent to you personal / business inbox. I have tried it out and it is an absolutely fantastic system. It has the potential of saving me a lot of time. Future additions (1) Optional extra ie pool heat, BBQ, and crib hire will be optional extras guests can add to the quote immediately prior to paying. Cost is only <$5 for every booking they take on your behalf. Your own booking are free. The guys who own the website are very receptive and have sorted out any issues within 24 hours. Really fantastic service.

Bruce from Banjoe Vacations

OwnerRez is great

There are just a ton of software options out there for vacation rental management (and it seems more all the time). I solidly and unabashedly recommend this software to any and all who ask my opinion, not just because the software works well and saves me time, but their responsiveness is fantastic. It feels more like a real partnership working with them.

Pros

Great value, especially for smaller operators like me. Customer service is immediate, personal, and helpful.

Cons

There are some integrations that are not yet implemented, but some also require a user to manage more than 5 properties (not an OwnerRez limit - an industry-wide threshold).

Sarah from Orlando Insider Vacations

Superb Support

The support is second to none. Every single question is answered quickly with easy to understand explanations. The OwnerRez team have endless patience!

Pros

A bit of a learning curve, but once it's up and running it's a great system and easy to add to websites. I love the auto email options.

Cons

The main thing I think the software is missing is the ability to use promo codes. Individual quote options for individual properties would be a huge asset as would being able to add personalized options to all forms.

Sheron from Scurlock Farms

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

OwnerRez has ben a great boon to my business!

I list my vacation rental home properties on several different listing sites and I was having a problem keeping all of my calendars up-to-date. OwnerRez solved that issue. I like the ability to set up different emails that go out automatically after someone books. I also like that I am notified as soon as someone begins the booking process.

Pros

I like the ease of using the software. It does way more than I require.

Cons

At this point, there is noting I dislike about the software.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

I chose OwnerRez based n the recommendations of others in the vacation rental business that had tried and/or compared different software management companies for our induetry.

Vanessa from Marbella Skol

Just Perfect

The reservation system works great and customer service is even better.

Pros

What I like the most is the customer service that is ideal, also [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always help you to implement new tools, any questions are answered in a short time and we work from Spain that there are time differences. They are the best !

Cons

To this day and after more than three years working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , I have no complaints, sorry

Jennifer from Crafty Crop Inn

A real godsend!

I found this amazing system and I have been one happy camper ever since! OwnerRez has really streamlined my Scrapbooking Rental Property business in so many ways. I love the reports and the ease of use. Their customer service is out of this world! They helped me make the program work for my business by tweaking things on their back end. In a matter of just ONE DAY at that!!! They give you a true 30 day trial to use all aspects of the program too.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, price and reports

Cons

I would like to be able to have more control and design options in the email templates. I'd like to put multiple photos in my welcome email.

Response from OwnerRez

Replied March 2017

Nice to have found you too, Jennifer! Great to have you onboard. We have a lot of plans coming for email templates actually. Some of it got delayed because of other things, but we're on the same page there for sure!

Carrie from Sunshine Villa, LLC

Amazing Must-Have Tool for Managing Short-Term Vacation Rental Homes

We own one short term vacation rental home in Orlando, Florida. For the past year, we've been using OwnerRez and are super impressed with this outstanding tool for managing all of the details for our bookings. Their customer service it top notch and always very quick to respond to our questions or concerns. We highly recommend OwnerRez and are thankful we found them!

Pros

The OwnerRez tool is a HUGE time saver for us to automate, track and communicate with all our guests, both direct bookings and OTA bookings. We especially love how well it keeps our availability calendar synced across the four different OTA websites that we use to market our vacation rental home. We also love the reusable e-mail templates that make it easy to automate our guest communications while using fields to still personalize the content of the e-mails.

Cons

None. We have been very satisfied with the OwnerRez product.

Zachary from Kihei Akahi D102

Best experience ever!

Amazing!

Pros

I can't say enough about my positive experience with OwnerRez. I've been in real estate (sales & property management) for 20 years now so I've interacted with a multitude of online platforms and service providers and this has BY FAR been my best experience at getting one set up. The guidance provided during this entire process is unmatched! Their support team is responsive, precise and professional! I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] primarily and he was the absolute best. Whenever I got stuck or needed advice or instructions on how to set something up he quickly pointed me in the right direction. Their platform is organized, efficient, extremely in depth and yet easy to navigate and set up. As with everything, there is a learning curve, but once you get it all going it makes your vacation rental(s) so much easier to manage across the various rental sites.

Cons

So far there has not been anything to dislike or complain about.

Lynne from Fred Rents Myrtle Beach

So helpful!

I was looking for a program that would enable me to use e-signature rental agreements when I found OwnerRez. It does that and much more. I love it because it is made especially for the vacation rental market.

Pros

OwnerRez is easy to use, and really simplifies that management of our beach rentals. I do a lot of my work on the weekends, and I still get quick response from the support team if I have questions or problems.

Cons

The pricing setup could be a bit easier to work with.

Allyson from AZ Vacation Home Concepts LLC

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great!!

Customer Service is unbeatable

Pros

I discovered that we had accidentally signed up for 2 subscriptions and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to mend the situation in less than 2 days. I love it!

Cons

I wish we could send mass emails to previous guests instead of exporting guest lists and manually emailing

August 2015

Damon from Marina's Edge Vacation Rentals

August 2015

Incredible! Owner Reservations simplifies and makes it fun!

We've been using OwnerReservations since we opened the doors on our vacation rentals on Lake Chelan (www.marinasedge.com) in 2013. We've since added 4 more units and with Owner Reservations managing 8 units is almost as easy as managing 4. I would STRONGLY recommend Owner Reservations to anyone that owns a vacation rental. Owner Reservations automates almost all of our processes from initial inquiry to the lifetime of the customer. The software was created by vacation rental owners to simplify their lives, and it shows in the details of the software. Our guests have commented on how professional our interactions are-I attribute this to the professional appearance of the emails and web interface of Owner Reservations. The software is incredibly high quality. In over 3 years of using it I've almost never experienced any problems. When there is a problem Owner Reservations always resolves it (almost immediately). The cost of Owner Reservations is negligible compared to the absolute value it provides. Our bookkeeper recently indicated that she was spending an hour a month restructuring the financials from our vacation rental. We asked Chris and Paul if they could help. A few days later they had a solution that saved our bookkeeper an hour a month which saved us paying her about $75 per month (these savings alone more than pay for the fees to use Owner Reservations). We love the software and could not have built a quarter million dollar a year business without it! Thanks Chris and Paul!

Barbara from Mushroom Houses

OwnerReservations - makes vacation rental business easy, accurate and fun!

We are fairly new to OwnerReservations.com, and I am fairly new to being a booking agent. So I thought the learning curve was going to be very steep. Not! This software is so easy to use, and often times self-explanatory. When I have needed help, the team at OwnerRez is so supportive, and patient. I get started early and when I sent a few questions to them at 5:00AM I expected a reply at a more reasonable hour. I was surprised - and impressed - when 20 minutes later up pops the answer. I am anticipating less contact in the very near future as I work with this software, especially as they flesh out their Help page. I enjoy working with OwnerRez - fast, accurate, thorough...and fun!

Pros

Ease of use, accuracy, thoroughness, logical, fast, fun

Cons

There's not much that's not to like! Looking forward to the updates that are coming along with a more detailed Help page.

Response from OwnerRez

Replied January 2017

Enjoyed working with you guys too! Thanks for the kind words and please continue to talk to us about your needs. What strains do you have on a regular basis?

Debby from Self Employed

Top Rated Software for a newbie

Benefits: I can manage my own Vacation Rental property with the tools that OR has to offer. OR has made my transition easy from formerly using a Property Manager to now managing our units. If you're a newbie like me, the Conceirge Service they offer is the way to go! Thanks OR team for your quick response to my emails, helpful suggestions, recommendations, etc. Really love this product.

Pros

For a newbie, learning from scratch, this software is super easy to learn. There are videos associated with the features of the software. If you couple that with the Concierge service they offer, the learning curve is manageable. Concierge service is 10+stars! Worth every penny. The customer support is very quick in responding to questions via email and they help guide you thru the process to become successful with managing your own vacation rental. I HIGHLY recommend OwnerRez!!

Cons

I have no cons (yet). Only pluses how great this product is.

Paul from Venice Condo Rental

Best investment to help manage Vacation Rentals

I own five condos in Venice FL and have been doing vacation rental for over 10 years. I have been using OwnerRez for almost a year now and I can honestly say it is worth every penny. It makes my organization and management much more efficient and effective. The website feature is also amazing and very easy to update. The support I get from the staff is unlike any other, they are very quick and helpful. Knowing how easy it was to work with was the main reason I actually bought my 5th condo. I would recommend OwnerRez for anyone that has vacation rentals.

Pros

Very easy to use and great support is available

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software

Eloy from Healthcare

We Love OwnerRez!!

We tried a couple of others and were left feeling frustrated and with a tool that was inadequate for our specific situation. This product and the customer support team hit a home run with us! Thank you!

Pros

Super intuitive. Software code riders understood the guy like me would be using it. Consistent pattern to every area you working in the software. Super important when you are trying to get your arms wrapped around the software quickly.

Cons

We used to integrate into a property management arrangement and the checklist of integration seemed lengthy. However, the end result was well worth it

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Kept hearing positive comments from customer support at different advertising platforms that had an integration arrangement with OwnerRez.

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

For as much as we tried and tried to work with Tokeet customer support we just could not seem to ever get it up and running smoothly.

Cat from Panama Rentals & Relocation

Fantastic almost Fanatical Customer Service

Makes bookings and invoicing easy to use!

Pros

Customer Service, Integrations intuitive

Cons

More features for long term renters - for invoicing and blocking off purposes.

rick from Ultimate Relocation

Best software company for vacation rental management

Very quick responses from the guys at OwnerRez and they answer my dumb questions completely.

Pros

It does everything and more that VRBO does and it needed for direct bookings and accepting of credit cards.

Cons

Took a little while to get used to the different categories and functions included in the software.

Joni from Our Happy Place Getaways

Best. Software. EVER!

I blow up their email on a regular basis as I'm navigating getting both of my properties set up the way I want. They answer every question thoroughly and clearly and help with every user challenge I hit. Best customer service ever!

Pros

I LOVE absolutely everything about this software! It does SO MUCH, and although it takes some learning to tweak it into what works for best for each individual's needs, I have found it VERY user-friendly and whenever I get stuck on something, the support team is fantastic and responds quickly! I had one property that I had done for me through their set up option and then I did the second on my own, both options are great! I cannot recommend this product enough!

Cons

Nothing! There is absolutely nothing I have found that I don't like thus far.

Camelle from Willow Tree Cabins

New Software User

OwnerRez has been great. The support I have received has been fantastic!

Pros

Cons

Takes a bit to get all the things imported. Lots of information to take in.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Recommended highly and the price point.

Finally solved my VRBO issues!

Automation saving me time and giving me better pricing accuracy!

Pros

You can really tell these guys must own their own properties. The flexibility and their pricing is amazing. They integrate fabulously with HomeAway! I have tremendous control over my pricing for my properties it is much easier to update than using the HomeAway platform. A bonus is paying less for credit card processing! not to mention the automation provided! It was a breeze to merge and bring in all my current bookings using their system. They are very quick to answer questions via email. The system is very intuitive as well!

Cons

Nothing works great....I only wish I had found these guys earlier. I can't wait till they fully integrate with Airbnb.

Shari from AST Rentals, LLC

Time Saver

Love Love Love. Could not imagine managing my rentals without it.

Pros

I love that it integrates with the short term vacation platforms. All my information in one place. No longer do I need to update my website, VRBO, Airbnb, etc. It's all done in one place.

Cons

Although the customer support is quick to reply and very good it would be great to talk to a live person sometimes.

Paul from Japanese Standard Company

Works well for us...

Pros

This software works with our channels and our dynamic pricing program. It took a long time to find a program that would do what we needed. OwnerRez does this well. It runs our units, plus it uses that information to make a custom website. Very cool. Tech support is second to none. I've worked with a lot of tech companies and it can take days to get an answer. I generally get answers to my questions within hours.

Cons

It's a lot to learn if you don't already understand the industry. The learning curve can be weeks. That said, when I had questions I was able to get answers quickly. So that helped.

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Smoobu had little tech support.

September 2015

Dawn from East Fork Farm and Cottages

September 2015

Simple, intuitive, secure, love it!!!

OwnerRez has made my vacation rental management the easiest which in turn helps me to have more free time to manage our farm. I have used this software for years and it has never let me down. Yes, I have looked at other software companies to see if I'm missing anything and most companies are way too expensive or don't hold a candle to the features OwnerRez offers. I love that I can get a quote back to my potential guests within seconds of an inquiry (we all know response timing is essential to getting bookings). The software parses inquiries from multiple systems (VRBO, my website, etc.), creating quotes instantly and allows the guest to book within minutes. The emailing system for guests notification and historical emails sent is priceless. The little things that I love about this software are; not having to handle credit card processing, awesome reporting features, multiple pricing options per unit, calendar widgets I can embed in my website, the list goes on and on. Technical support from this company has always been prompt and they are always receptive to suggestions. Thanks for handling the management of bookings!!! Dawn Robertson - East Fork Farm and Cottages