• Pros

• "What i like the most is that it does everything automatically and that they are good at keeping us in sync with our PM system. Overall we are satisfied with their program. "

• "Rentals United its easy to use, and its a perfect option to easily connect to big listing sites and niche ones. I use for more than 2 years and i never had an overbooking problem! Thank you"

• "Reliable, fast, good connection, very easy to handle and great selection of the most important channels"

• Cons

• "Sometimes customer support can be a little slow, but they always get back to you and there is a self service help desk which is great too."

• "A few teething issues which were sorted out quickly and professionally. "

• "The only con is that you can't add discounts to certain channels like booking.com. If they can add this, Rentals united will be even better"

Browse Rentals United Reviews

Jarry from CitrusZone - Edsa Shaw

Outstanding Customer Service

We recently resolved our problem on securing the payment and the double booking. The Customer Service in Rentals United is world-class and I never felt alone as I go through the process. The support staff helped me all throughout - from set-up to the actual operation. She was available all the time even thru chat/email/conference-calls for customer concerns. She gave me the resources where to find the info I need and was able to fix the problem. And this is raising the bar of Customer Service because in this fast changing world - people, human interaction, problem-solving, technology, and after sales service, matters. We should place customer service as a top priority that makes our products worthwhile. Profit should always be last as it follows when everything works fine!

Pros

I work remotely as an assistant to a Property Manager who is also a Realtor. It's just the right app we needed to increase the revenue from the leased properties. Booking confirmations are pouring in, you just have to manage it well.

Cons

You just have to read rules and policies for each of the channels, and be subject to their rules. Other than that everything is fine!

Nick from A Place Like Home LTD

Growth

Rentals United was our first foray into the world of Channel Managers after what was a painfully thorough research process in 2017. Their task was to facilitate our growth and exposure to the wider booking platform market and quite simply they exceeded every expectation and goal we had set. We found ourselves struggling to manage the admin side from the speed at which we started receiving reservations! The support and guidance provided by our Account Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was World Class. We can't thank her enough for her help throughout the research process and then the frequency with which we received updates and suggestions for promising channels. She was readily available for questions and was a large part of how successful the integration was.

Pros

The software is so user friendly! The ease of which one can upload,edit and push their portfolio made the entire process as straightforward as one could want. That partnered with the elite level customer service made the entire experience a wholly positive one. The API's were reliable and we didn't suffer any connection issues with any of the major channels.

Cons

Nothing bar a few system outages but these were communicated to us and resolved very quickly.

Reasons for Choosing Rentals United

We settled on RU for a number of reasons but the fundamental reasons were the value for money and the level of support we felt we'd receive.

Response from Rentals United

Replied January 2020

Dear Nick, Thank you for this wonderful 5 Star review! It's feedback like this that makes all the hard work and dedication our team puts into creating a first class experience for our clients absolutely worth it. It is even more awesome that you have been swamped with bookings since joining, this makes us super happy :) We hope 2020 continues to be as successful as the last 2 years in our partnership. The RU team

Leyla from Et Vous Hospitalite Inc.

Best CMS on the market with an amazing support team

Pros

There are so many things that we appreciate about this software - first and probably most importantly, we appreciate it's stability. In the (nearly) 2 years that we have been using RU, I cannot remember a single time that it crashed or bugged on us (not true for some of the other programs we use). Their development team is always on-top of everything! Another huge advantage is the sheer number of platforms that are available for integration through RU. While of course all the big ones are there, we really love that we have access niche platforms which give us so much more exposure on the market. The most crucial thing that RU has provided us with is our Key Account Manager. She is always willing to take the extra time we might need to explain things to us, to offer tips and suggestions. She really is our guiding force in this business. Despite the many clients she has, she has the unique ability to always make us feel as though we are number 1. We really feel as though she is a part of the team. We couldn't do it without her :]

Cons

My only wish for RU would be for them to provide better, more comprehensive Stats. If that were done, this software would (in my opinion) be perfect.

Areti from Sunset Guest House

The worst experience ever! Don't trust them you will lose your money

Less 600euro from my bank account

Pros

From where to start & when to finish! It is one of the experiences that i don't want to deal any more. In order to push the sail i have been mis sold a product that is not even able to synchronize the channels that i have already been as a customer, because i needed to have at least 5 properties with RU (never mentioned before the purchase). The customer support is one of the worst, i have been promised that after i buy their service they will deal with everything and i will enjoy my free time! This never happened since I had to spend three times more time of what i used to! I am using Tripadvisor, booking.com, Airbnb & HomeAway for my properties - the chanel was able to chanel manage only 1 of them! YOU have to do all the settings on your own, they provide you some NON updated pdf files and they expect you to do all the settings for all the chanels. In case you do something wrong is very difficult to contact them immediately since they work from 8am - 6pm and they have weekends and bank holidays off (no chance for working people to contact them). The software is just rubbish - there is the option to bring external calendars from other channels and this is just decorative. It can show the correct availability for few hours but after that be prepared to stay awake the entire night in order to make corrections. I wasted my money to make them reacher!

Cons

Since theys service was not functional i did request to add my fifth room for free or otherwise give me a refund! They executive decision did not accept to give the refund but charge me more for the fifth room. *The policy sais that you have the right to break the contract within 14 days - They booked my first appointment 7 days after i did the payment that unfortunately was canceled after the property manager was not medically feed to proceed with the introduction and rebooked it 3 or 4 days later. As you understand i didn't have much time to understand what rubish I have been sold. When i asked for refund the same property manager rejected my request since the 2 weeks past!!!??? Pls Do Not trust them - they can only successfully take your money and provide nothing more!

Response from Rentals United

Replied June 2018

Hi Areti I'm sorry you've had such a poor experience using Rentals United. Regretfully both Homeaway and Tripadvisor have a 5 property minimum requirement when a customer coming from either a channel manager or PMS. Our sales people are advised to inform all potential customers this information. During this period and also during the on-boarding schedule, it's made very clear that we are a software as a service. meaning that we do not do all the work for you and our rates reflect this. It requires work by you to ensure your properties can go live which is why we set a 30 day introduction & training period. I would be happy to start your contract from today with the intention of getting you live in those channels you can work with through us. We have many happy clients working with us and our platform generates 1000's of bookings. Please contact me directly at james@rentalsunited.com and I'd be happy to help. Thanks

Margarida from Casa da Avenida Lisboa

There is a different life before and after Rentals United!

Before working with RU I spent hours updating calendars and working with few platforms. Now this work is done automatically and I can do other things to improve the service.

Pros

The credibility of the service, the guarantee that calendars are up to date instantly. The variety of connections to the various platforms is undoubtedly an asset in UK services. Strongly recommend them!

Cons

There is no way to create a customer contact file

Response from Rentals United

Replied October 2019

Dear Margarida, Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are so pleased that you are loving your experience with us and even more that we have been able to simplify your working day and allow you to focus on improving and growing your business, this is our aim! MORE BOOKINGS. LESS WORK. Regarding your 'Cons' feedback, we would love to hear more about this to see if we can implement this in the future, please feel free to share this information with your account manager. If you haven't already, check out one of our new channels: Europea Residences - A luxury accommodation channel for short and medium rentals, you may find that they work well for you. Thanks again and have a lovely day!

Pierre from Veeve

Great service provided by Rentals United

Great experience with Rentals United - good communication and I find them particularly open to suggestions. (SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN) is a great account Manager and genuinely looks at Rental United and the Property Manager's best interests.

Pros

User friendly, allows to have a good overall view of how we are connected

Cons

Sometimes a bit slow to load due to the size of our portfolio.

Response from Rentals United

Replied December 2019

Dear Pierre, Thank you so much for leaving us this 5 STAR review! We try to be as responsive and versatile as possible with all of our clients and it is important to us that you have the best experience whilst using our platform. Vivian really is a different breed when it comes to client care and she will very pleased to hear your kind words, so thank you again. Sincerely, The Rentals United Team

Joseph from Ray White Cairns Beaches

Rentals United + YESBOOKIT PMS

Pros

1. Straight forward easy to use 2. Synchonisation with YESBOOKIT is getting better

Cons

1 Mapping is a little messy. I think you should be able to do this from the property rather than the channel. i.e. select your property and right click connect to all available channels. 2. Ability to hide channels that are not applicable 3. Errors need to be emailed 4. More Synchonisation 5. Ability to have more complex rate strucures

Reasons for Choosing Rentals United

Rentals United is the only channel manager that synchronises with PMS (YESBOOKIT)

Filipa from Rent4Rest

Great Software

With Rentals United i can have availability and prices connected on different platforms.

Pros

Cons

Nothing to declare. I liked the software

Response from Rentals United

Replied January 2020

Dear Filipa, Thank you for leaving us this perfect review! We are so pleased that the software is benefitting your business and has been for more than 2 years. Wishing you all the best for 2020. The RU team.

Dean from Century 21

Don't be fooled by the advertising

all of the above. I would not waste my time with the software as what they say and what they do are different.

Pros

so far the system has not had any pros, the system does not function correctly and the support is slow.

Cons

Customer support is slow and not very helpful. First the we did the download from Airbnb all the data was incorrect and far from complete, when I asked the set up assistant why she said its my issue and I have to manually input everything. The system is majorly flawed and when it downloads it cant handle the information and if you ask all you get is oh well you should manually do it all. Not a good response considering there is all the information needs to be manually checked and re input and all the wrong information deleted. The rentals united system is basic to say the best and not attractive to use, completely different to what they represent, thats why there is very limited look as the system pre paying money. The rentals united system is not easy to use or flexible and to be honest messed with our airbnb settings and blocks you from being able to edit back on airbnb to fix the flaws of the feed from rentals united. If you want support you won't get it here, if you do its not very good and slow. you send in a support request and hours later you will get the wrong question back, you then have to reply and you still don't get any help for what you actually asked about.

Wil from Midtown Rentals

Sub-Optimal Channel Manager

There were several missed cues early in the transition which is to be expected. However, when it occurred again (and again..)- I was told it was attributed to their partner and had nothing related to their service. After 5 months, I've opted to move to another channel partner. A big reason for my change was the lack of value for money. I relayed that I was transferring and closing my account due to the high costs associated (I was being charged a % of EVERY booking) and within 5 minutes, I received an email stating they just launched a 'fixed pricing plan just yesterday' and would I consider staying. Further, I've been told by their billing department I would be billed for all reservations transacted regardless if their system can no longer confirm that the guest had committed to a booking. For example, I would be held accountable the cost of a reservation made 8 months in advance, although the guest can still cancel. Really? Informed them, I would happily submit payment for confirmed arrivals up until the last day of the channel connection was still connect. Haven't heard back...

Cons

cost

Response from Rentals United

Replied February 2017

Were already in contact with Capterra regarding the removal of this review because its full of untruths. Firstly weve been in continuous contact with you regarding these missing payments and were still waiting on you to respond to us, not the other way around. Ive also sent you three messages in the last 4 days without any response. Since you started working with us, youve received a huge increase in bookings and revenue from our services so its hard to believe that this review was written in anything other than the frustration in you not being able to pull out of the contract that you happily signed with us. From the time we started working together, your account has increased 313% in bookings and 1200% in revenues but we still have a number of unpaid bills from you. Id like to suggest we avoid using public forums to voice any financial or contractual disputes and ask you to contact me directly on james@rentalsunited.com.

Irene from Citadel Apartments

Serviced Apartments Channel Manager

Pleased working with them, they will work on any issues rise but it takes just a little bit longer. They do come back with solutions and also suggestions. Overall the channel manager is working well with serviced apartments.

Pros

Dashboard provide information summary information such as how many properties, how many bookings and how many channels connected. There are more details display on total arrival, bookings the next 7 days and all bookings the past 30 days. Which is quite handy, to have a glance look if we need to search booking arrival within a week. On Services, Sales Channel, it displays all the channels which is connected and showing any listing errors Guest planner is a great overview for bookings and you can search bookings on it as well. On My Bookings, we can filter bookings based on arrival or when the booking is made and also from certain channel, confirmed or cancelled bookings, this information can be exported to Excel file On my properties, if you work with ResHarmonics, then any data loaded in resharmonics for the properties will be transferred to RU on this page. Where we can view the property page as guest and the link can be sent to guests where they can check the rates and also make the booking from the link

Cons

Can't delete or hide the past sales channel even though we are no longer working with them There is no error notification sent back to us by RU if the rates or LOS sent to OTA failed. Expedia and Booking.com has maximum 28 days booking window and if by mistakes we send an update, where there is a minimum 3 nights on certain dates and remaining length of stay is 30 days. This update will fail in nights restrictions,but rates will be updated and the minimum nights will revert back to 1 night in Expedia as they don't accept more than 28 days LOS. Reporting errors, we need to fill the forms online, which takes more time then sending an email to support. It would be easier if we could send an email to support team and auto email response created the case number instead of fillings all the questionnaire. Support team is great, but it does take time for them to come back and help to rectify the error. You will hear the response within 72 hours since the case is raised

Sam from Orange Roofs

Getting us connected

Overall I am happy with Rentals United and think it is good value for money. Like everything, you need to invest some of your own time to get what you want out of it. I have a good working relationship with my account manager and I hope it lasts a lot longer too with a positive output for us.

Pros

Rentals United is a great way to connect to channels to get your inventory out to the masses. It is pretty easy to use but then I integrated via our booking software which saved a huge amount of time. I could imagine it being pretty heavy having to load each individual property if you have a portfolio of 10 or more properties. As I am a small agency with 33 properties, I am assigned an account manager and we have fortnightly calls to make sure all is running as it should be. If there are issues in between those calls, you can raise a support ticket which normally gets answered within 48 hours.

Cons

We struggled initially to get our software and RU to work seamlessly together on rates and restrictions but now that is all sorted, it's very easy. For those needing to load rates manually, there is no 'clone' tool to use the same rate periods for your properties on your portfolio but then adjust rates which makes it a laborious task when you need to enter the same rate periods over and over for multiple properties. We still have an ongoing issue where the balance due date on HomeAway integrations gives the day of arrival which is not what we want so we basically risk confusing the guest and refer them to the T&Cs they should read when booking via HomeAway which states balance payments are 8 weeks before arrival date. Rentals United say they will fix this but it's not imminent. It can be tough to speak to someone if there is an urgency to your requirement but overall, I have not had a nervous breakdown because of it!

Bre from King's Wharf

Read This Review ... It will save you time and money

Pros

Working with Rentals United has been great. I have had anywhere from 8-21 properties live and connected to multiple channels at any one time. I have personally worked with other property management companies, none of which have been able to handle the load and capacity in which we needed. The programming runs very smoothly and when ever I have had questions or concerns, Customer support (my contact at Rentals United), was immediately responsive and helpful. Every single time I had a question, she responded swiftly with information that answered what ever my question was. If she did not know the answer to my question she would immediately track down someone who would be able to help me. There was never a delay in her reply, and her attitude was always upbeat and focused on her client (Me). This made me feel very taken care of, as a customer. From what I have noticed, the customer service team at Rentals United works very much as a full on support team, so even if you have one person dedicated to helping you, you actually have a full team of support behind that one person.

Cons

There was two times in the past 7 months where there was a site outage. I believe that it was for less than an hour each time ( don't quote me on this it may have been less). The only thing I didn't like was the amount of time between the outage and the email to notify me. Although it was done pretty quickly, in the technological age we are in, we all want immediate actions/results. So if there was a way to make these come in, in real time that would be great. Other than that, my programming was completely unaffected by any outage. The support team was there to deal with my panic and everything continued to run smoothly.

John from Bookerville, LLC

Rentals United is terrific, we are very happy with their dedication and service!

You get rich data integration with several dozen listing sites, including the "major" ones like Booking.com, AirBnB, Expedie, HomeAway/VRBO, etc. Set rates once in your own dashboard, and it propagates automatically to all listing sites (that alone is worth their very reasonable price). Bookings appear automatically in your dashboard, along with guest contact info., amounts, etc. Their system is real-time, and transactional, so no double-bookings. Really, what's not to love?

Pros

Innovation, plus predictable, flat pricing model. Response time is excellent, and we have many clients reporting very good results from their experience with Rentals United. We appreciate their dedication to perfecting their products and service.

Anna from Airsorted

Some struggles at first but good support

Pros

There are good consistencies between the platforms, so what could be extremely confusing is made simpler. Our account manager (and connectivity manager who helps with a lot of issues too) have been very helpful and informative, explaining processes when we're doing something new, patient when there have been issues and overall very good to work with, despite some early teething issues as we got used to the platform.

Cons

There have been some issues e.g. with billing, or waiting on payouts for bookings. Some platforms have better or worse connections with RU which drastically affects our workload and how we function with the platforms. When there's an issue e.g. with calendars they are usually quite quick to respond, however the answer is quite often that they can't help, which is frustrating but understandable when the issue didn't originate in RU.

Stephen from Cariton Retreat

Channel Manager with large number of channels and great support

I have used software and cloud based services from a variety of sources and Rentals United has been the best onboarding experience for any service of that type, with excellent account management and determined technical support.

Pros

It is easy to use and provides a good summary of data on the most important aspects of rental accommodation booking in a well summarised format. The user interface for many of the rental sales sites for short term rentals is not good in many cases, using Rentals United I could avoid them.

Cons

It is good software, just the smaller rental sales sites that they allow you to connect to are not good marketing channels for smaller companies like us.

Annie from Valley of Dreams Eco Lodge

Rentals United has been extremely useful in our business

I am not note most tech savvy person but our Key Account Manager is always available to provide more personal support when needed. This has been crucial for us to have had an additional person to communicate with.

Pros

I love that the software is user-friendly and that they offer manuals specific for every channel connection. That guide helps immensely. Photo upload is simple, and updates are easy to make when needed. I also like that they personally email me to notify me of additional channels that may be beneficial to my business or other updates. The help desk is also quick to respond.

Cons

The live chat option has not been a supportive venue.

Edward from Break fast Hiroshima

Overall great company, there are some part still can improve and grow together

Pros

Multi-channels,Quick support Good account manager (Ms Vivian ) The important part is system stable and a responsible account manager for our company

Cons

Forgive my directness, System error happened many times between Airbnb and Agoda. and sometimes B.com . This issue keeps happening it's very unfortunately seems the system is not very strong. Rental Unite need to connect to Chinese channel *C-trip* and Japanese channel* Rakuten and Jalan * will be more powerful in Asia marketing

Laurent from Emerald Stay

Great product with very efficient team for onboarding and support

Pros

Very easy to use, nice design, reliable, excellent support team The support team is the key employee for us ! He is details and customers oriented and has always find solutions for us. Definitely an amazing employee ! Key Account Manager is also very professional and helpful.

Cons

The process to multi connect our properties to OTAs could be easier sometimes as we get lost in the different ways... Would love to have one click button to multi connect ;-) and to bypass the administrative registrations. A more dynamic tool to set up prices could also be a great edge.

Lauren from Better Vacations

Very happy with Rentals United

We have had a wonderful experience with Rentals United after 3 years of being with them.

Pros

The software itself is user friendly, and more importantly if any issues do come up, our market manager is always available and able to assist very quickly.

Cons

The only flaw I can see is sometimes specific fields required don't get pushed from Guesty, but it's a relatively easy fix that can be done manually in RU.

The best way to integrate a PMS to Channels

Our challenge was to improve our product exposure - Rentals United allowed us to do this without maintaining connections with multiple channels ourselves.

Pros

I liked that Rentals United takes care of all the management of Channel Integration APIs on my behalf so all I need to do is sync properties to RU, and it will handle all the channels on my behalf.

Cons

Dynamic pricing wasn't available as part of the core product and we had to use an additional product to manage this.

Response from Rentals United

Replied December 2019

Thank you for leaving us this amazing review! That really is the beauty of using our platform, increase the number of bookings that you receive and do less work to achieve them, giving you more time to focus on growing your business and focussing on other important things. To a successful 2020! The Rentals United Team

Debbie from RESERVE THE SUN

It's ok!

I think it has alot of potential just needs to update dashboard, make more easier to add properties and fix sync issues. The site itself takes forever to load and this is using it from different locations, computers, etc..

Pros

I have used rentals united for many years. It is ok, however their support team are great!

Cons

Dashboard not really user friendly, always syncing issues causing alot of overbookings especially on holiday/peak seasons

Rentals United is a great tool that has opened so many doors for us!

Piece of mind because everything is synced with our PM system.

Pros

Cons

What i like the least is that sometimes it can be very difficult to get in contact with them or get any kind of clarification or support in a timely manner.

Neal from Rejuven8d Health

Amazing Customer Support!!

It does what it's supposed to do as a channel manager. Workflows are clear and simple, yet detailed and well-thought out so you are easily led to your goals. It's been critical to my success transitioning to a career in hospitality.

Pros

What makes RU exceptional is it's dedication to world-class customer support by its account reps. My rep is absolutely outstanding. With other companies, it is difficult to get dedicated reps on the phone, yet team is always checking on me, finding new ways to help grow my business and being patient when I'm behind. They made my experience with the software one that I'm truly grateful for.

Cons

I wish there were more PMS features, but that's not really a fair complaint.

Thom from FBM Holidays

Rentals United cannot do enough for you

Increased bookings from large platforms and the audiences they bring with them.

Pros

When it works, it works really when and it can change your fortunes as it helps you connect to channels that you never dreamed you'd be able to manage. From our perspective, the prospect of a 300-strong property portfolio on just on these channels was daunting, but we are able to manage 10+ in a heartbeat.

Cons

It sometimes fails to catch up with the channels, so bookings are not tracked. Initial integration problems also but that was as much figuring out our complex CMS as it was an issue with RU. In general, whilst we have had issues, they have all now gone away and were dealt with very quickly.

Idan from Morca Relocations

10/10 Recommend

Rep from Rentals United gave me a VIP treatment consistently. She is so intelligent and kind and helped us in our new company with patience and expertise. I would like to recommend her and the company to anyone. I am very grateful to have worked with her. She is a true professional for me- helping to solve problems every week, sometimes every day.

Pros

It's a good software, connecting with Guesty. It's a pretty good setup and make sense once you work with it for a while as they complete each other and together are very powerful and smart. It takes a bit of time to learn, like anything useful in life.

Cons

Nothing really negative. Like everything in life it takes time to learn it. This is up to the user.

Dan from Surfers Lounge

Dont get your hopes up!

I learned that there is no software that can deliver a pms system that is able to setup completly centralized. And deliver automated to multible channels. This is the 4`th pms i setup and try. :-)

Pros

The idea of what it could have been. I think they have the right idea. but is so far from making it a streamlined reality. i hope they nail it in the future. seems like a good company that wants to do the right thing. Nice clean interface.

Cons

If you think you are about to experience an automated setup across diferent channels, you will be disapointed. when you have finished the rentals united setup, you have to setup each channel. and thats a hole lot of work. every channel is set up in some different ways. some channels (mayby many) wants you to go to the channels webpage and start a setup. it is complicated. so much so i wonder why i pay good for something i can setup on different channels myself and save the money. just using ical/api. i think that a pms where you can setup everything in one place, and reach countless channels is next to impossible to do, the easy way. There is so much difference, in how the channel platforms are setup. This is the fourth pms system i use. still looking for the ONE.

Response from Rentals United

Replied May 2018

Hi Dan Thanks for sending these comments through but I personally think that giving us a 1star review is tough given you're not actually a paying client of ours and you haven't actually used the platform. You're right in the fact that it requires work on your side to get online in the channels. We're very clear with our clients on this and during the two calls you had with our sales team, the process for connecting to the channels was clearly outlined to you. Our goal is to make the process as painless as possible and things are definitely improving. However as you correctly pointed out, each channel has their own process for contracting and on-boarding so it's a definite commitment on your side. The process for going live in some channels is quicker than others but we are very clear with our clients that it should take around 30 days to get you live in all your chosen channels. Hopefully you can consider using Rentals United in the future.

Karolina from For Hosts

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Powerfull channel manager, but withour any futures

I don't like them, but I need them...

Pros

They have integration with planty of booking channels, but general they focus on high number amount of integration not on important ones. They don't have integration with VRBO and Home Away, one of the most important channels on earth... Also, they are poor in tools and futures... With this high price they should be multi task app

Cons

When something broke or I need some information, you wait ages for replay and sometimes you didn't get correct answer. I'm sick even when I think that I need help from support. Also they not polite and nice Integration, should be with more important channels

Debbie from Reserve The Sun LLC

quick and easy

more bookings.

Pros

channel options are great easy to set up properties. George is always great and quick to attend to our needs. I use Rentals United for another company I work for and he has always been on top of, things.

Cons

Takes too much time to load and save. Need more amenity choices maybe add check boxes to select amenities.

Coburn from Urban Flat

5 Stars Rentals United!

Pros

Having such an amazing tool that links our calendars together - our business would never be the same without Rentals United + Our amazing account manager.

Cons

Nothing about the software deserves the 'Cons'. All technology has its ups and downs but RU definitely over weighs the cons.

Gianluca from Relux srl

Waste of money - terrible customer support

In vacation rental everyone wish to sell more using more channels. But is not always true. On Italian lakes after 2+ years I can say that the market is dominated by AirBnB + Booking.com. So you don't need the huge amount of channels proposed by RU. A good PMS connected with main channels is more than enough !!!!

Pros

Don't exist !!! RU don't add anything to a good PMS apart connections. And if connections are not effective .... is a waste of time and money !!!!!

Cons

Terrible customer support. Not Italian speaking (I speak English everyday but when I'm a customer I want someone speaking my own language) not skilled and no knowledge of vacatio rental business. Incredible but true!!! May be good technician ... but I'm not sure !!! REMEMBER: during your activity for sure something willl go wrong with technology and will be easy for you to lose in few days of malfunction more of what you are asked to pay for 1 year of subscription for RU service !!!! Customer support MUST be effective !!!! I suffered more than 4 overbooking in 3 months using 6 properties !!!!! because malfunctions!!!

Emilios from L.A. Mer Homes LTD

Very easy dashboard - Excellent service

Pros

This is the 3rd year i'm using Rentals United. I'm 100% satisfied with the platform as well as the support i received so far. Whatever problems i've had they were resolved in a few hours. BIG thanks to my two past account managers Andreas and Linda and to my current account manager Bruno Mauro!

Aaron from Buena Vista Holidays

Rentals United

We use RU to manage our portfolio of properties. I must say that we are very satisfied thus far especially with our account manager rep. who is always very helpful with any request.

Pros

Cons

still lacking some basic features such as the ability to assign an internal name to each property.

Vincent from Shiki Properties

Great experience but a few things could be better

affordable channel manager with almost everyhting you need

Pros

The simplicity of use : connecting OTAs is very easy. Friendly staff. Overall good and very affordable Channel Manager. It could be part of the best solutions in the market with some improvements.

Cons

We missed a few important options for pricing but I guess it's not that important for other small hosts. Customer support reactive but sometimes it takes time to have things done.

Richard from Casa Rainbow

Great Customer Support

It would be great if they offer channel quality information, such as my property ranking.

Pros

The Representative in support is available for conference with just a few days notice. She is thorough and very helpful, offering up suggestions to improve my channels and get more rentals.

Cons

Seems a bit expensive. Although the tech support is great, I would be optimal if the software and documentation were better, so as to need tech support less often.

Lucy from South Coast Realty

Fabulous Support

Rentals United has enabled our company to push our holiday rental homes to more websites whilst integrating with our booking management software.

Pros

After quite a few teething issues Rentals United and their team worked with us to ensure each of our issues were rectified. Now the system is fantastic and integrates seamlessly with our current booking software.

Cons

A few teething issues which were sorted out quickly and professionally.

Charles from Better Vacations

Excellent

Pros

I really enjoyed with our property manager. She always had nice answers whenever there were any issues.

Cons

There were occasional connectivity issues. The two-way connection isn't perfectly set up on all the channels.

Kamil from Forhosts

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Solution if you're looking channel manager

It's a great tool, but only for channels integration. For this price, you suppose to have more futures, because still, you need to use additional PMS system.

Pros

Possibility to connect almost to all currently available booking channels on market.

Cons

It's expensive, and they don't have integration with two important booking channels like a Trip Advisor (They have but it's not working) and Home Away.

Melissa from Ray White Holiday Collection

Great service from rep

Rentals United seem to be looking to expand their network and opportunities offered to us.

Pros

Fairly easy to map products with each site clearly separate

Cons

Can not create rules for tariffs which limits what we can offer guests

Fernando from CUBA TRAVEL

Great

Pros

From the first day we had an excellent assistance from the girl who took care of us to implement the system, which channels we could connect, which is relatively easy to establish the connection, although there is another part that does not depend on Rentals United, You have to contract it directly with the channels where you want to distribute according to the conditions of each channel. We have always had excellent assistance from them and is easy to schedule an appoint with our account manager. We are still in the process of connecting with several channels but so far we have not had any problems.

Cons

It would be great to have a trial period before making the payment. It would also be great to be able to configure more aspects of the properties like the price for instance without having to do it property by property

Markus from Vienna Residence

One of the most advanced and easy to use channel managers for vacation rentals.

Pros

- Usability - Many channels are well synchronized in terms of content as well as rates & availability. - Great onboarding team and recommendations concerning the different channels - Easy to understand API & Documentation for PMS integration

Cons

- Some items do not get correctly synced - Content syncs only once automatically and not after each change - Message integration with automated messages, would be great to efficiently communicate directly with clients of all the different channels

yankel from Simplissimmo

Very good service

Pros

We receive a very good customer service. The connection are working fine with a large list of channels which is good to get more exposure.

Cons

Sometimes there are some connection that are not successful but Rentals united alert us immediately by e mail so we have enough time to enter the reservation in our system to avoid double bookings.

Rafael from Huespedia

Great Costumer Support

I believe Rentals United is a great tool to broaden your property distribution channels. They have helped promote our listings effectively in new channels.

Pros

Rentals United helps us distribute our properties through different channels through our short term rental PMS. It really understands our needs and we have always felt valued as a client.

Cons

We have had synching problems between our PMS and Rentals United, whenever we have an issue we feel that they throw the ball around rather than actively engage in solving the issue together. I understand sometimes the problem in on the other end but it would be nice some follow up from their end to our PMS given that we are in the middle.

Response from Rentals United

Replied January 2020

Dear Rafael, Thank you for your kind words and this amazing review. We are very happy that you feel valued as our client, this is very important to us. Thank you for sharing your honest feedback about the 'CONS', you are correct, we do indeed need to work with our partners to suss out the issue and we understand this can be perceived as passing the ball around. We want to wish you a successful 2020! The RU team

Jordan from LJ Hooker Kingscliff

Very helpful team from start to finish. Highly recommend if serious about making more bookings!

Increase in listing sites our properties are on which increases our bookings and occupancy rate.

Pros

The ability to add a mark up on pricing to counter the listing sites commission (airbnb, booking.com etc). This results in any bookings received from the listing sites linked through rentals untied come back at full price no loss to owner. Instant connection for availability and rates. Constant communication with rentals untied allows full understanding of the system. Once set up you receive a account manager who solely wants to broaden your online advertising reach and increase bookings.

Cons

It is slow to get started but once its set up it is easy to work.. Each listing site has different systems that take time to get use to. Using rentals untied is an increased work load but you do increase occupancy.

Willy from Marbella Lane Corporation

Rentals United Strive for the Very Best!

Pros

- Excellent Direct API Integration - They bandwagon into the latest, and popular Channels - The Key Account Manager follow up, and drive tasks to closure

Cons

- Direct Relationships to Channels should be improved, at least the popular ones - Faster Integration Time connecting to Channels

Geoff from Blue Mountains Getaways

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Ongoing use of RU

Great improvement in customer service since commencement almost 2 years ago.

Pros

The connectivity to a wide variety of booking portals

Cons

Not being able to cancel a redundant listing without contacting each service provider, complicated method of ensuring each portal is updated individually.

Andrea from Sweet Florence Ltd

Good potential, very poor/non existent customer service

It could be a good software but lacks in customer support

Pros

It's easy to use and well designed. A good number of channels available for connection. A fixed price per month is good if you receive a good amount of reservations.The only problem is that it does not deliver what's promised.

Cons

The biggest issue of this product is the customer service. Before I paid the subscriptionI have been literally chased by their salesman, available at every time and day of the week. After the first purchase they never responded before a couple of days time and NEVER deliver what they promise. I have been dealing so far with 3 different people, all of them left their position with no notice leaving me sending emails to empty desks. It's presented as a time saver software but it actually takes lot of time only to have the channels actually connected. On the dashboard the channels look connected but if you check channel by channel you would discover they were not active at all. Lot of problems with Expedia with wrong push of the rates all the times. I think it could be a good product if they only would invest more in customer support and less in sales. Selling a product is relatively easy, keeping a customer is the hard part.

Response from Rentals United

Replied November 2017

Hi Andrea, thanks for your valuable feedback. I've spoken to your account manager, Nicolas and I'd be happy to help speed things along so we meet your expectations. Feel free to contact me directly if you need some more assistance (james@rentalsunited.com)

Craig from Gold Abode

I found the whole process quite easy. I had a 45 minute consult with their executive & I did my homework.

I have a more secure business now as I am not reliant on 1 channel and I am able to reach more customers. Ultimately this should make the off peak seasons better, and lead to more revenue.

Pros

The user guides were great. I'm not that great with techy stuff but the user guides were accurate, up to date and easy to navigate. I use Guesty and they have supported me with Rentals United and made the integration really easy. I love this software as it means I am not reliant on 1 booking channel (Air BnB). I have found their executives to be really friendly, informative and make me feel like they are interested in seeing my business succeed.

Nam from Peymans

Horrible - stay away!

None

Pros

The idea sounds great and the user interface looks nice, but I'm afraid it stops there. While we were very excited to get things going, nothing seemed to work.

Cons

The reality - while a great idea, none of what we've been sold worked properly. We tried out Rentals United last year and had a bad experience. We decided to give it another go this year, but unfortunately more things didn't work than did and we ended up making a loss over the period that we were signed up with them as availability was not even pushed across correctly. They kept charging us even after we left the contract and used the direct debit without authorisation. When contacted they kept saying they're not charging and they kept charging. Big waste of time - stay away!

Response from Rentals United

Replied June 2017

We're sorry things didn't work out with your Rentals United account. However, we feel that your review is completely unrepresentative of the service and experience you received from us. You had some very specific requirements that we weren't able to meet which we informed you about and for this reason, we let you use our platform free of charge for a period. We add features and improvements to platform based on helping as many of our clients as possible - not on those who can shout the loudest. We try our best to think of all our clients and the positive reviews you see here are testament to this. We try and keep all our clients satisfied and we wish you the best of luck with your business. As we refunded all of the money you paid us this year, were happy that you were able to use Rentals United completely for free.

Flavia from Barcelona2be

disappointing customer service but great exception

Pros

It is really intuitive and easy to use but what made the difference in my experience with this software has been working with my rep. He definitely made the difference and played a crucial role even when my manager wanted to quit the collaboration with them. He was in charge of our synchronization with Booking Sync (PMS and website) and I am really glad he suggested it. He is a very polite and fair person, driven to find solutions. The excellence of his working method relies on his continuous feedback, suggestions, creative ideas. He is able to keep calm and smiling even if all over it is a huge mess. I appreciated his attitude several time, he is focused on results and finding the best and the more efficient solution. I would recommend Rentals United if they had more employee like him.

Cons

Most of the connections are displayed as green and well connected even when they are clearly not working at all. Customer service is very disappointing, I assume they are not well trained or down staffed because when I need some assistance it takes at least 3 or 4 weeks to get a reply and an uncountable number of mail and solicitations. Most of the time the final answer is that the issue does not depends on them but all the responsability relies on this or that channel. At a statistic level I find it pretty hard to believe.