What are Host Tools users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Host Tools software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ease of use, better performance than Airbnb solution."
  • icon"I love that I have instant access to the owner and builder of the platform."
  • icon"I love how I can set and forget my messages and reviews for guests. I love that it's integrated with VRBO/Homeaway no."
  • icon"Lack of integration with other solutions/smart home solutions."
  • icon"I will sometimes be messaging with someone and talk about garbage day or whatever it may be, then the auto message is sent. Makes me look stupid kind of."
  • icon"I didn’t know that I could only block dates in host tools and not on Airbnb. Caused a lot of issues for me until I figured out how to block on host tools."

Browse all Host Tools Reviews

• Have you used Host Tools and would like to share your experience with others?

Robert

Incredible total package software for vacation rental management

Kevin

I love Host Tools!

My overall experience has been fantastic and I really appreciate how much time/effort it has saved me!

Pros

I have multiple properties listed with both Airbnb and VRBO, Host Tools makes it very easy to sync calendars and view messages all in one site. The automation of messages was icing on the cake for me. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is super responsive to any support issues/needs as well. There are always new features coming available and I look forward to taking advantage of things like lock automation.

Cons

Sometimes there is a little bit of a lag between the Host Tools calendar synching with the Airbnb/VRBO feeds.

Ged

Great tool for AirBnb Hosts

We think has tools is a wonderful product and are very pleased with its level of functionality in relation to the budget friendly price.

Pros

This product has made our AirBnb hosting so much easier. We create custom messages which send at different intervals, we set up reminders for ourselves to get certain things done (such as set up door codes) based up check -in dates, we have the system send text message reminders to our cleaners on the day of check-out, and the automated reviews are fantastic. Host Tools has reduced the amount of time I spend managing these details by at least 80% and has actually made us far more organized than we would've bern otherwise

Cons

I wish it would remote set our Yale with Nest locks and I wish I could just share my calendars with my cleaners without having to have them texted every time there's a change

Reasons for choosing Host Tools

Price, reliability, functionality, ease of use, customization, customer service

Reasons for switching to Host Tools

We were getting double bookings on our split level unit as it was not updating the calendar correctly.

Jen

April 2022

This App needs to be fixed - LOTS of ISSUES

The Hosttools App is supposed to make the flow of communication with guests easier and help manage the booking calendar. It does not quite do that.The software / app has lots of bugs. Hosting accounts are often disconnected. We have to reconnect them at least once per week, which wastes time, and causes bookings to be overlooked. The calendar does not function properly, causing double bookings. It can only connect to certain booking site (a total of 4 only), leaving out major booking sites we rent on. Hosttools customer service is non-existent. Every time I reach out with a question n the chat it takes hours for someone to respond. When they do, they can't help. This app needs work, has lots of issues and is too expensive for what it does. Please fix it.

Pros

Cons

It is supposed to make the flow of communication with guests easier and help manage the booking calendar. It does not quite do that.The software / app has lots of bugs. Hosting accounts are often disconnected. We have to reconnect them at least once per week, which wastes time, and causes bookings to be overlooked. The calendar does not function properly, causing double bookings. It can only connect to certain booking site (a total of 4 only), leaving out major booking sites we rent on. Hosttools customer service is non-existent. This app needs work. Please fix it.

Amanda

Excellent functionality; great value!

Pros

After trying several different programs to help automate our small boutique hotel operations, we knew after a short time with Host Tools that this was the program for us. It was clearly created by a fellow property owner and addresses our biggest concerns without unnecessary fluff. The price is fair, and we feel fortunate to have found it.

Cons

The pricing tools are a little intimidating, and there is a bit of a learning curve all around. Not quite as intuitive as one might hope, but once you get started and learn the lingo, it’s pretty user-friendly.

Reasons for switching to Host Tools

Price and functionality. Did not like having to edit our properties through Hosty, which lacked some of the features we could have otherwise used through Airbnb.

Tanya

Host Tools ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Host tools makes everything continue to run perfectly, especially when I happen to not be available. Whenever I have a question it is answered immediately! You can not beat the price point for this product.

Pros

Automated messaging is the feature I can't live without. Works perfectly and makes everything run smooth.

Cons

Not very mobile friendly. I run about 95% off my phone.

Reasons for choosing Host Tools

Free trial period. I have never used a tool like this so the free trial period allowed me to make sure it worked for me. Also, the price is so affordable.

Saves us unbelievable amount of time and improves service

Excellent overall experience with this tool. It does what it is supposed to reliably and we can get on with our other Airbnb services :)

Pros

Simple to construct event driven (checking, check out, settled in, inquiry, etc) from templates and edit those messages if necessarybin advance. Messages to coordinate services providers such as self-checkins, cleaners, cleaners etc never get overlooked or contain typing errors. We have two AirBnB's and this communication overhead is very significant.

Cons

We don't use the pricing feature as much yet.

Caley

Industry: Photography

Wish I'd Found It Sooner

I wish I'd found Superhost Tools sooner! This has made the Airbnb experience with our guests so much better! The pre-written templates are a great starting point to making sure your guests have all the information they need for their stay. Our guests have gushed about how great our communication is — and we know we were lacking in that area previously. Since we both own our own business, and Airbnb is something we do on the side, it'd been super helpful for us now that our guests think that we're initiating conversation​ with them to check in on their stay. I wish we'd had it the past two years!

Pros

Superhost Tools is easy to set up and has pre-written templates that you can customize to fit your Airbnb. It's made communication with our guests so much more reliable, and our guests have been gushing with how great of attention we pay to them.

Cons

I had some pricing glitches that caused some issues at first, and customer service didn't write me back after the initial email.

Eric

Industry: Photography

Superhost Tools Is Definitely Worth the Money!

Pros

Supherost Tools is well worth the money in time management alone! It has saved me hundreds of dollars in such a small span of time, by not having to deal with the pain of manually entering EVERYTHING, and being able to automate a good deal of it. I expect my company will save THOUSANDS in the near future while continuing to use this product!

Cons

It took me a little bit to figure out how everything worked, but once I did, it was well worth the wait!

Jeremiah

Very useful

Pros

The automated messaging is really helpful. Also I use the automated feedback for my airbnb guests. Really helpful and a time saver.

Cons

I wish it had dynamic listing dates where you could limit the number of or day one day bookings but it opened up week of.

Zach

Save time with SuperHost Tools

Save me time and I never miss sending emails with the automation tools.

Pros

Anything that saves me time and helps me keep my 5 star review is worth it! The email responder is what I use most. Also can t beat the price.

Cons

I'm not using the pricing yet since I was with another service, but may try it out.

MONICA-HISANO

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Never miss another booking opportunity!

Quick email replies. Immediate action is crucial when responding to vacation rental inquiries. 'Host Tools' gives me the security of knowing that by business is being taken care of 24/7 and is the most efficient and affordable product in the vacation rental hosting market. If I get a booking request after hours or while sleeping, not a problem. 'Host Tools' is working over-time! If I cannot interrupt my day to respond immediately to inquiries, 'Host Tools' has got it covered! If my internet is down or no service available. 'Host Tools' gets the job done! If I forget to respond! I can rest assure that 'Host Tools' never forgets!

Pros

'Host Tools' is so easy to set-up and a must-have if much of your clientele is based on getting them a quick response. Knowing that all of my vacation rental inquiries will receive an email that is specific to their needs gives me peace-of-mind! The software gives examples of pre-written replies or allows me to personalize each response in my own words to suit the specific needs of my vacation rental property. Emails are automatically sent to my potential guests and includes accurate information that is pertinent to their inquiries (rate quote, rental agreement, house rules, direct bookings, check-in information, review requests, security information...). I can edit as I see fit and dictate responses to fit my personality. I am convinced that the quick and personalized responses that are made available by using 'Host Tools' has provided an incredible service to my business and my clients feel that their needs have been met. 'Host Tools' has given me confidence (and competence) as a vacation rental host that my vacationing guests will get fast and accurate responses to meet their needs.

Cons

I have yet to find any problems and have nothing but praise for 'Host Tools'!

Jed

A well-scoped, easy-to-use product.

Pros

What Host Tools does it does very well; messaging and pricing. With the new August Lock integration, my guests no longer need to dig through their inbox to find their lock code, since Host Tools puts it right in their Airbnb message thread. As for the pricing, while it's already much more flexible than Airbnb, allowing the ability to price a percentage above or below Airbnb's smart pricing, I've also found it's more reliable. Questions I've asked about the product are always answered within a day.

Cons

There's not much I would change about Host Tools. Conditional messages in which parts of messages can be customized might be nice (use case: remind guests to fill out the NYS COVID travel form, but only if they're coming from out of state). Or the ability to see the results of messages based on actual upcoming events.

Reasons for switching to Host Tools

Cheaper, simpler, more focused.

hasan

Hands Down THE BEST TOOL for ALL Airbnb Hosts

Pros

I love this app - host tools as it was my primary app that allowed me to automate my whole business. It would increase/decrease the price as I needed and/or set it up like so. I have 0 complaints about the app itself. Once you learn how to set up pricing and its not too hard you just sit back and watch your airbnb fill up. The way my system was set up - I was never home to greet the guests unless I really needed to or they wanted to see me. I found that most of the time the guests don't want to see the host anyway and so this application was a life-saver. Combined with Instant-Book - it worked out perfectly and allowed me to bypass the Airbnb Algorithm that gives you less money for a booking if you use their "recommended" settings. I wholeheartedly recommend this tool for anyone hosting with Airbnb - especially if you have multiple listings. 12/10 from me.

Cons

nothing - it worked as I needed it.. I mean if price can be cheaper - why not? but I think its fairly priced.

Reasons for switching to Host Tools

The other app - I am unsure of the name but it did not auto reply and / or do the things that host tools does. I love it and don't want to necessarily bad mouth another company. I will just say that my experience with this app is amazing. that's all.

Amy

Great TIme Saving Tool

Overall experience is great. I would highly recommend; the pros far outweigh the cons and this automates messages and saves me so many hours of work each week. I love this tool. I also love that it doesn't try to do too much; it does what it does and it does it well.

Pros

This tool automates so much of my correspondence with AirBnB guests. I was spending too much time re-writing the same message, making sure I didn't miss a deadline, and checking the calendar. As my rentals grew, I knew I need a tool to automate this. I wanted something simple and affordable. I didn't want to pay for a solution that offered more functionality that what I would use. Host Tools fit the bill perfectly.

Cons

There are a few bugs here and there; I had a guest receive 9 'thanks for staying with us' messages once, until I noticed it and disabled the message completely. Sometime those messages will still send twice and I don't know why.

Reasons for choosing Host Tools

I had a friend recommend host tools who was doing the same thing I was doing. I saw the price and knew it worked for him so that's all I needed to know. It had what I needed - nothing more nothing less.

Martha

Messaging

It just makes communication easier and more professional.

Pros

I'm a 68 year-old woman and not very computer skilled, but I've found Superhost easy to use. What I use most is the messaging. It is customizable. I've chosen to write my own messages when I first receive a reservation, but if it is a last-minute reservation I have Superhost set to send a welcome message. I've also set Superhost to send a message the morning after the guests' first night to ask if they have everything they need, and then the night before departure to remind them how to check out. This saves a lot of time and scheduling on my part, and most guests seem to feel that I am being attentive.

Cons

I haven't had any problems with it. I haven't used the pricing software yet.

Alan

Host Tols Review from Private VAcation Rental Owner

Amount of time spent manually responding to potential or actual guest enquiries, automates a lot of the capabilities that I would previously have had to do manually, or might have forgotten to do manually therefore benefits are time savings and elimination of manual errors

Pros

Better automation features than that provided by AirBnB. Scheduled messaging, automated email capability, flexible pricing options - all superior than that provided by AirBnB at the time of sign up Cost per month is a no-brainer given the amount of time it saves you in automating capabilities.

Cons

Mostly difficulty in getting certain things to work - automated emails sent by Host Tools getting blocked as spam by ISPs is an ongoing unresovled problem. Also probably a lack of good quality doucmentation. The flexibility around the pricing options is excellent, but it is not the most intuitive set-up, and therefore a detailed 'user guide' would be of great benefit.

Not a switch per se, but suing Host Tools in addition to AirBnB

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Amazing time saving tool !

We have 120 properties on airbnb since it started and we have bbeen Superhost's for the last year since using Superhost tools, I really believe without this amazing app we would not be a Superhost, it answers all your message within a minute , so speeds up response time, sends out feedback positive prompts so ensures your feedback is great, just get it Basta !

Pros

Saves hours of messaging, quick response time ( handy when we get messages at 3am) ensures all import messages are sent ( directions, check in, check out) automates the time consuming reviews .

Cons

There was a couple of minor improvements I thought would be useful when I first started using it, I send a message to them, expecting no reply or the usual thank you note, support team came back to me more or less by return agreed with me and 2 days later had made the improvement, great service. Thinking about it, I guess the only improvement would be to have several feedback comments loaded that are selected at random.

Kyle

Fantastic software that has streamlined my hosting experience

It's just been fantastic, reasonably priced software that has transformed the amount of time I spend managing my Airbnb.

Pros

Host Tools is easily the best $5 I spend every month. I've only used a fraction of the capabilities, simply using to respond to automatically respond to initial bookings and send check out instructions to my guests, but it works like a charm and has reduced the amount of time I spend communicating with guests. I'm looking forward to connecting Host Tools to my Yale locks and further automating the process of checking in and out, and knowing when cleaners have come and gone all with custom codes. I also greatly enjoy the newsletters from HostTools with practical tips for improving my hosting business.

Cons

The initial usability of creating custom messages was low, but through constant iterations, this seems to have greatly improved.

Hilary

Host Tools is an Rental Property Live Saver!! I have recommended it to multiple friends

I have used host tools for a really long time. I feel like I have seen it evolve into a critical tool that I use to run my rental properties. I have recommended it to several friends who also use it.

Pros

This is an amazing system that lets me easily set up messages for my guests. I love that I can change the timing so I can have a message go out once they book, then a message right before they check-in, etc.

Cons

I think one new feature that has been mentioned is connecting with locks. If I could have it set up so it was sending different codes to different guests that would be amazing.

Meshelle

Reliable

Pros

We have used this for our 28 properties. The messages are reliable. I like the last minute booking features as well as the capability to send text reminders.

Cons

For the first few days, the messages are a bit unpredictable. I also do not use the pricing tool. I do wish it had an app:)

Cost and ease of use

Justin

I depend on the automated emails

I enjoy the software. It helps me tremendously. One of the most important things with messaging is accessing scheduled messages into make changes to those as necessary before they go out. Making that more easy to access would be helpful.

Pros

Good automated email set. Other pricing tools that I haven’t yet made use of. Quick response from customer support.

Cons

Difficult to use on mobile device web browser after the recent update. I haven’t used it on a computer recently. Wasn’t able to get pricing tools working in my own.

BRETT

Made hosting easier, mostly.

automating recurring minutia

Pros

The automated messages were very useful and I could resolve 99% of guest inquiries using this feature. The price point was fair for the solution I was using.

Cons

updates to either airbnb or host tools would cause properties to turn off their messaging, without warning, so I would miss guest questions by thinking the auto response was working. the text feature did not ever work for my maids.

pricing. simplicity.

Christian

Time-saver for Hosts

Pros

The software automates communication with my prospects, guests, and cleaning teams. The software provides the ability to message in app, text, and email. The time savings for this communication is at least 6 hours per months.

Cons

Setting up multiple accounts can be tricky but the customer service team helped resolve the implementation the same day!

Great software for interfacing with Airbnb 7 Vrbo

In the beginning it solved my cross booking/double booking issues. It set up and auto generated all my messaging on Airbnb, but lacks the capability to do that with other platforms such as VRBO and Trip Advisor. It's been a great tool. But now I have out grown this platforms abilities.

Pros

I like the ability to set up my pricing and auto generate messaging. Also cross site calendar keeping.

Cons

For the price point, you get what you pay for. It's great software for small operators such as myself. But it's not an AI manager. So it lacks some of the abilities that other platforms such as OwnerRez.

Reasons for choosing Host Tools

It was the first product I found that took care of my immediate needs

Reasons for switching to Host Tools

The full cross platform AI and Channel integration. One site controls all of my platforms pricing, messaging and added insurance needs. Also the ability to direct book through my own website.

Host Tools