Tokeet Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Great Layout, the made a great job with that. Great ideas and modern look for customers needs."
  • icon"I really liked the ease of use and layout of Tokeet and seems like a lot of useful functions."
  • icon"Web UI is modern, fresh, usable, best I've seen in this category. Superb messaging automation for communication."
  • icon"Overbookings due to broken connections with platforms, customer assistance unable to give suitable answers, caos."
  • icon"The technical service instead of trying to resolve the problem just tell me that I should shut down all no API connections."
  • icon"It's a shame that such a quick, responsive Customer Service team is being wasted on a program that falls short in the areas that matter the most."

Have you used Tokeet and would like to share your experience with others?

All Tokeet Reviews

ilya

Tokeet is very sold property and channel management system with plenty of potential to improve and expand further

Pros

Customer Service is amazing API Connections to Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia.com and soon Homeaway works well Automation Tools are time savers Billing/Invoicing and Stripe/Paypal integration Tokeet is a powerful tool, but a bit raw and needs more development effort from developers to make proper. It has plenty of potential, but there are also some drawbacks: -Website templates are limited and booking and viewing properties on mobile is hard to impossible; -SEO support for website doesn't exist, but will be developed in 2018 sometime; -Mobile version of Tokeet requires tweaking to make it workable and more user friendly, there are a few bugs such as manual blocked events are not shown on mobile version, etc; -Alert system exist, but synchronization might be off on channels without any indication of the same on Tokeet's interface, unless someone will do quite a few clicking around. This is not right. Simply dangerous practice that might trigger double bookings; Customer support is top notch and amazingly efficient. Help system is good, but not updated with recent changes. For now we are moving away from Tokeet web templates for now and into wordpress + tokeet widgets and hoping that changes requested and bugs/issue will be addressed promptly. We will update review as things will change/progress or not.

Cons

SEO hooks/tools are missing, but there are plans to add in 2018 Web Templates needs to be updated/improved, especially on mobile Mobile App is hard to use Written by using an outdated technology Angular Critical issue indication needs to be improved Submitted tickets/development items should have tracking info and deadline set (if possible)

Mitchell

Do Not Use This Software!

I used to really like the software but how they have been over the double booking incident, I would not recommend to anyone at all!

Pros

Cons

Allows double bookings to take place and then when you try and find out why, they don’t help or tell you anything. I had a double booking and had to re house guest, I spent out a lot to do so. Customer service is terrible, like really bad!

Response from Tokeet

This user experienced a double booking that was ultimately the OTA's fault, but he wanted Tokeet to cover the financial cost to him, which ironically was charged by the OTA in question by their policy. At Tokeet we process thousands of bookings a day, and have invested in software that not only processes transactions, but constantly cross-checks multiple databases to pro-actively repair any discrepancies. Double bookings are extremely rare for Tokeet customers, and no channel manager can guarantee they will never happen, but asking us to fund makegoods for the entire industry is unreasonable.

Lewis

February 2022

Property Manager

Great tool for pricing management

Pros

Tokeet is a great overall tool for organizing my short term rental business

Cons

Invoice system can be improved, sometimes the invoices are not produced correctly.

Cost & functionality benefits

Response from Tokeet

Thanks for your review, Lewis. We appreciate when bugs are reported and do dedicate development resources to resolving them. We also communicate these fixes to customers via a change log and sometimes direct response.

Replied August 2022

Yavuz

Meets basic expectations but missing lots of practical points and features

Pros

+ Customer service responsive + Basic import/export functionality works well. Also Push/Pull from Airbnb, Booking.com worked fine, Expedia had some hiccups. + Price point (unless there is another raise)

Cons

- Customer service does not solve all the issues and give timely feedback if solved - Critical problems occur (rate push, calendar synch) and you do not get a system notification - Only Stripe and Paypal payment options. Stripe is now charging fees for refunds, not usable - SMS sending feature cannot process the answers back - Cannot import any booking details from VRBO and Tripadvisor except the date and guest name. - User interface is missing basic practicalities, so you need to click many times to land somewhere. - Website is not secure, all passwords etc are transmitted unsecurely (no HTTPS) - Cannot import the correct booking price seen by the guest from Airbnb and Booking.com

Response from Tokeet

Thank you for taking the time to write your review; we really appreciate your detailed feedback. As we plan our product roadmap for 2018, we plan on addressing many of your product enhancement requests, for example: two-way API with Homeaway and Flipkey; an enhanced messaging system; advanced Automations. Tokeet is already available on full secure protocol at https://app.tokeet.com/. Our Support team is available to work with you 24 hours a day on live chat and email, as well as a daily "Tokeet Academy" webinar. Thanks again; we will take the time to learn and improve based on your feedback.

Replied April 2018

Dan

Terrible service and they don't support all of the features they offer

Pros

I liked what the sales pitch offered, such as CSS support and javascript includes.

Cons

The support. Having added a basic piece of CSS their system just falls over, plus i've just been told they don't support this feature and aren't able to tell me what CSS syntax IS supported - despite JS and CSS being plastered all over their sales literature. Today, it took an 8 hour conversation over live chat to get this information and their support offered me a selection of solutions first which were entirely unrelated - even I could tell this as a user.

Response from Tokeet

We've built and rebuilt a lot at Tokeet since February of 2019. Since then we've released an entirely new version of the software, rewritten all the help, hired and trained new customer support and QA staff, and launched initiatives for internal training and continuous improvement. Our live chat software does send instant responses via AI in an attempt to provide useful information, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is often not helpful. But I am certain that our standards of service are much higher today.

Prayas

Awful after sales customer service

Pros

Some really great features (if they work) to help property managers, owners invoicing especially is really cool

Cons

If something doesn't work as expected or designed, no commitment from support to staff to fix it which is horrible customer service and leaves the user without confidence if something doesn't work you are left of your own to wait or try and resolve.

Liz

Excellent customer service

Pros

Ive been using this software for about 4 years and though im a bit of a technophobe I have managed to learn to use most of the processes and always learning new things. Have used Automata for a ew years, recently added Rate Genie and looking at adding signature app to help automate my processes even more. Would be lost without it now. The team are always on live chat and usually resolve issues very quickly. There are so many of them base dall over the world now its almost a 24/7 service. I also find the academy training sessions on Google Meet very useful to actually speak to someone and talk through issues and training. Highly recommend that!

Cons

some features like pre authorisign deposits still not available but on the way I hear I wish that the add ons didnt have to go into another screen to use them

Ana

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I have worked 1.5 years with them and I am staying with them. Compared with other channel managers they have a better princing

Pros

They answer fast to any question and they help you solve problems fast and easy

Cons

There are some features missing. Like new things about airbnb promotions and some connections with booking. But you get used to it.

I didnt like lodgify

Response from Tokeet

Hi Ana, thanks for your review. If you'd like to reply to me, I'd love to have a detailed conversation about what you think is missing.

Replied August 2020

Don't even think about it

I have been using Tokeet for more than two years, it has worked reasonably, over time I've come to accept the different bugs and system failures. But then recently (2019) Tokeet released a version 2 and that's when my trouble really started costing me thousands of euros in lost revenue. One reason why I initially chose Tokeet was because of their nice design and prices. Looking back I can't but recall my grandmother saying "cheap things are expensive" - ohh boy how right she was. Tokeet failed to clear dates related to cancelled bookings, consequently blocking two weeks during the peak season months costing my many thousands of euros. When contacting Tokeet they simply referred to their T&C stating that they do not take any responsibility. Interesting considering that their website is packed with promising words about always keeping the calendar and prices up to date - nonetheless they do not take any responsibility for their own failures. In these situations it's probably a very good idea that Tokeet is incorporated in the Bahamas, protected from any legal consequences of their mistakes and errors.

Pros

The look, design and prices - but it comes at a price!

Cons

I really don't like that their software is not doing what it is supposed to, it is not keeping the calendar and prices updated as promised. Especially their new version 2, released in 2019, is not at all ready to be commercialised.

Vimal

Director

overall it is good

Pros

It is easy to use and value for money. I use the calendar and basic reporting which helps me understand the occupancy and revenues generated

Cons

It does not have a lot of API connections and this is very big issue when you have lots of rooms and platforms and you need to centralise the operations.

thomas

it's a great product

Pros

It has helped us to scale from 2 properties to 54 in the last few years

Cons

They've taken on board some of the suggestions people have made and fixed a lot of the bits I didnt like.

Reasons for choosing Tokeet

the team were very communicative and helped quickly with all of my enquiries

Shona

ABSOULTELY AWFUL. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

There are no pro's as they do not deliver. This is an absolutely horrendous system. There is no telephone number to speak to anyone when there are problems (with a very poor system) and the support staff who are only available on web chat wash their hands of any problems.

Cons

This is an awful system and the 'support' team are unhelpful to say the least. We have had a number of double bookings as a result of Tokeets incompetence. The staff totally wash their hands of any responsibility and their stock answer when they get it wrong - very wrong by allowing a number of double bookings - is that the customer is free to leave if they are unhappy with the service. Please avoid this company as they are certainly not fit for purpose.

Response from Tokeet

Thank you for taking the time to write your review; we really appreciate your feedback. Double bookings should not occur, as long as channel connections are properly connected. Our Support team is available to work with you on the issue 24 hours a day on live chat and email, as well as a daily "Tokeet Academy" webinar. Phone support is also available, especially for bigger customers of Tokeet. I am sorry you had a negative experience; we will take the time to learn and improve based on your feedback.

Replied April 2018

cristin

August 2022

Good But need to merge functions

Good; i like and use it for a while.

Pros

I like you have all that you need but you need to be an expert to understand all the different features.

Cons

Too many different integrations, they have to merge them all into a single dashboard.

price and friendly dashboard

Response from Tokeet

We do our best to provide good help documentation, videos, and 24/7 chat/e-mail customer support. We also offer free webinar training for every product and onboarding sessions for new customers. Having said that, I have seen some problems arising from incorrect configurations which means our process and UI are not yet perfect. But we do have an ethic of continuous improvement that as a software veteran, I find impressive.

Replied October 2022

Lindsay

Love tokeet

I was told from competitors that I should avoid tokeet and I am so pleased I didn't listen. Many of the other companies just didn't have everything that I was looking for. If they have a great website they lacked the reservation system and if they had a great reservation system it lacked a website capability. I also like being part of a growing company that is right there to help me as I grow mine. It took time getting set up and some of the tips and helpful steps aren't always written for a beginner but I just ask for help and they are always their to assist me. I can now have all my reservations flow through tokeet, immediately send rental agreement and welcome letters. I have been using their system since January and it is only improving everyday. I have now been able to set up a payment gateway to allow website bookings and bookings through booking.com. I tested many options prior and this fit the bill.

Pros

The format, reservation manager, automatic messages, website

Cons

As they are building occasionally glitchy

September 2022

Used to be good

Started off great - ended badly

Pros

Used this app since they very first started and it always did what it was supposed to do but the quality has gone down as the price has gone up

Cons

You are forced to used card payment links to in order to be able to send an invoice even if you don't want to accept that card payment. The widgets don't work even though they insist they do - they really don't. The support is arrogant and not user friendly. They say you can "migrate" to symple- you can't you are just asked to sign up and start all over again. If you decide to close your account - it is instantaneous - no access until the end of the period you have paid for. Way to expensive for what it is.

Response from Tokeet

1) What's the use case for sending invoices automatically without a way to pay them? 2) Our widgets are heavily used by many customers to integrate Tokeet with their direct booking web pages. We do encounter bugs, but I can see three widget fixes going into production in the past two months, so I know they're actively maintained. 3) There is a push-button migration path for Sympl. I will look for a support conversation that says otherwise. 4) I agree it would be better if we had a way to leave the accounts up for the duration of the paid period (currently a month). We currently don't, and trying to it manually would probably not be better.

Replied October 2022