Browse VacationRentPayment Reviews

VRPuser

Pros

Intergrations with my hospitality software

Cons

When having to log in directly to check a transaction, if more than one transaction, you have to go back to beginning to get the subsequent transactions

Jessica from CB Sales & Rentals, Inc

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very easy to use and integrate

We used to have to manually enter credit cards weekly, then follow up on any that didn't go through. Having an immediate way to verify the card has saved us countless hours of work, translating to thousands of dollars in man-hour savings. Overall, they are a great value.

Pros

The credit card integration with our reservation software is seamless. The back-end is easy to use. The overall value is great. Their system is reliable and dependable.

Cons

The ACH feature doesn't integrate with our reservation system, but it is a wonderful feature... it just requires an extra step on our end. We were on a fixed percentage model, but last year VRP decided to change this with less than 45 days notice, which didn't allow us much time to shop around for alternatives. The prime plus model we are currently on allows us less predictability, but so far has saved us a few dollars. They have also moved their customer support to a different country so there is a language barrier when calling tech support. We no longer have a dedicated representative which is not ideal, but we are working with it.

Matthew from Evolve

Not very user-friendly, poor customer support

payments

Pros

Hard to say, Payment processing is fairly straightforward and ability to look up guests on the website to do manual payments if there is an issue is also relatively painless.

Cons

Extremely bad customer service, especially when it comes to disputing chargebacks. Often when you send in info disputing a case, even when sent in by the deadline, initially you'll be told you didn't send in the info by the deadline and then you have to follow-up again to prove that you did.

Sharon from St Thomas Paradise

Best of the Best

I can easily accept payment from short term renters who hear about my properties from a source other than a listing site. For example, there are thousands of FEMA contractors and federal FEMA employees on St. Thomas. All of these men and women must pay via credit card. Without VRP, I would not be able to rent to FEMA contractors. I do so because we really need their help! Plus, the big hotels are still closed, so short term rentals are their only option. Thank you VRP for providing this service to individual property owners like me. representative

Pros

Vacation Rent Payment (VRP) is extremely easy to use and their support staff provides a lesson to new users, so not worries if you are a techno-phobe. For the first time in 7 years, I needed tech support. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't charge a credit card for one particular guest who had been renting for over a year. So, I called VRP and the tech-support rep knew immediately what was causing the problem. It was user error ;~) The tech-support rep then explained how to continue charging the same credit card and I learned more about the VRP system. For short-term rental owners and property managers, VRP is a MUST!

Cons

Honestly, I like everything about it. The fee could be lower of course.

Judith from Sun Palace Vacations

Merchant Processing Company linked to our PMS

It works but it could work better. I believe they could offer better service. I had to get my own merchant account with AMEX because they said it would take - 10 days and they wanted another percentage point in merchant fees.

Pros

It is fully integrated with our Liverez property management software so for the most part, proccessing payments and refunds are fairly simple.

Cons

The portal is very difficult to search guest transactions Payments made by the guest in the payment portal do not transfer back to the reservation - they have to be hunted down and entered manually and this is tedious and unnecessary I seem t o get multiple deposit reports a day.

Alexandra from Mountain Chalet Rental and Real Estate Services

The easiest way to get paid!

Excellent! Would absolutely refer them!

Pros

I love that we have a customized link that we can send to guests so they can enter their credit card directly! The reporting is so clean and easy and makes batching and closing the month super easy!

Cons

I think the customer support could be improved. They don't seem to have a dedicated support team for integrated property managers and it has been hard in the past to get in touch with the right person.

Jonna from Deadwood Connections

Vacation Rent Payment is a great choice!

I've had a very good overall experience. It's very user friendly and I rarely have any problems or questions.

Pros

It's easy to use - the reports and search options help me find anything I need to look back on.

Cons

Customer support - Sometimes it's hard to get my questions answered or to get to the right person I need.

Barbara from Big Bear Cool Cabins

Credit Card Processing

Overall a great company with low rates and good customer service.

Pros

My company has used Vacation Rent Payments for many years. Always had great competitive rates, along with keeping up with the industry changes with vacation rental industry rates.

Cons

Great company and they do a great job. No complaints with the service they offer. Low Credit card processing rates and charge back assistance offered.

Walter from Beach Ventures

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Need folks empowered to fix issues

Overall very good, thing they good do a better good of walking folks through the charge back process when they first experience it

Pros

It integrates well with our platform LiveRez

Cons

None operationally, don’t really enjoy the offshore support that can only do what’s in their script

A Fair Card Processing Company

The summary emails make my life easier because I don't have to search through my account summary to make sure a transaction went through.

Pros

I always receive a detailed transaction email for every payment processed.

Cons

I dislike that they still charge a transaction fee on security deposits. Make sure you check fee's being charged per transaction.

We are moving away from collecting payments through Yapstone for a variety of reasons.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. It does have the capability to integrate with Salesforce. Yapstone works well for rental property management.

Cons

There is a lot of manual data entry needed with the way our payments and salesforce integration is setup. For customers to update their credit card information, it takes around 2 weeks.

Alexandra from ROCKY MOUNTAIN CATASTROPHE AND RESTORATION

The most simple way to collect rent from long and short term tenants

Very good. The customer service was very helpful although it was often difficult for them to find our account because they seem to have several different branches within the business.

Pros

VRP simplified the way we collected monthly rent payments as well as payments for vacation rentals. The reporting is really good and allows you to see payments, as well as batches.

Cons

We found it difficult to process refunds using the portal but it seems to have improved. It would be nice to have an option for reoccurring payments as well.

Darilyn from Poppy's Villa

Terrible company

I will never let them handle my funds again. !

Pros

Got some rentals on HomeAway and VRBO. Some guests feel safer paying through them instead of through your Pay pal account.

Cons

When a fauduent claim came in , they did not stand by me even when they were presented with the thuth.