What are Guesty For Hosts users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Guesty For Hosts software through verified user reviews

• icon"Very easy to learn and setup. Onboarding was super quick."
  • icon"Booking.com integration and website builder are good."
  • icon"Many features of a large scale PMS are integrated, good integration of booking.com bookings; I really like the automated message part of the app."
  • icon"There always seems to be some annoying glitch going on with this software. First its pushing the wrong prices to airbnb."
  • icon"Inability to create a custom auto-reply to an initial inquiry on VRBO (but I have been told they are working on it)."
  • icon"The software is buggy in unimportant places, there are quite a few dead links."

Browse all Guesty For Hosts Reviews

• Have you used Guesty For Hosts and would like to share your experience with others?

Ricky

Time used: Free Trial

Nice App

Yvette

Great tool to manage guest booking and more

Great product & great support staff

Pros

- fantastic support team behind. - solid, trustworthy company behind the software. - software that fullfills my booking need and more: -- coordinate who has booked on Airbnb and booking.com to avoid doublebooking -- make webpage free via Your Porter App system (they also offer to use own domain for a fee) --Automation of day to day actions, like sending welcome email -possible to test it out before buying (also good because one has not started to earn money yet, so the tool helps one make money first before asking for money). - I only have one listing and the company support me having many questions even though I am very small w/only 1 listing.

Cons

Have nothing negative to say. It is just a very good tool with extremely good and helpful support staff.

Reasons for choosing Guesty For Hosts

1/ Open regarding pricing. 2/ Easy to just start and not having to wait after the weekend to have an interview or demo and maybe hopefully then getting the price of the product. 3/ Free test period 4/ Seemed serious and not an extremely big cooperation that would not take me who has just one listing seriously. 5/ The research I did indicated this is a up and comping company.

Matthew

Guesty review

Above Average

Pros

It was quick to setup. I liked the free trial.

Cons

It’s terrible for cleaning schedules and cleaning calendar. Can’t integrate with QBO, costing me more in book keeping charges.

Reasons for choosing Guesty For Hosts

Hostfully is very complex I don’t have time right now to figure it out. But it has better features.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Changes to igms platform. Double booked a bunch of guests for the same days. I had to jump through hoops and disappoint guests with cancellations. Messed up my rating on VRBO.

If its not one things its another

I am losing patience and currently shopping for another service

Pros

90% of the time this software works great and does whats its promised. Unfortunately 90% just isnt good enough

Cons

There always seems to be some annoying glitch going on with this software. First its pushing the wrong prices to airbnb. Then it's blocking the calendar off incorrectly. Lately customer support has been telling me to contact airbnb with my issues, but if you are going to offer "Full Integration" you need to own it when something doesn't work right. On top of that the user interface is very clunky and non-intuitive.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

I thought that getting a paid service would eliminate all the glitches.

Laila

New User

Overall, I'm enjoying it. There is a learning curve for setting up the automation and figuring out what works for our process. That is the hardest part.

Pros

I like the interface and the ease of use. It's user-friendly and everything is laid out for you to follow the steps.

Cons

They don't have a signature option for short term rental agreements would be the only thing missing from this software.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

I used OwnerRez and Hospitable and I didn't like OwnerRez due to the interface. It was complicated and hard to understand how to set everything up. Hospitable - lacked a good website and the interface was also user-friendly, but didn't have everything I was looking for - like a good website and also the signature option.

Scott

March 2022

We are off to a nice start with Guesty!

Pros

Easily manage the guest communication and property management form a seamless unified platform.

Cons

no customer service phone number or active training with Q&A, found for on boarding

more robust platform

more robust platform

Christopher

Guesty For Hosts Review

Guesty For Host does what it sets out to accomplish. It automates and streamlines the operational needs of short-term rental. The feature set is quite comprehensive and easy to use. I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in running a small number of listings.

Pros

- Intuitive Design - Automated Messaging - Smart Lock Intergration - Smart Pricing Integration - Channel Manager

Cons

- No Integration w/ Minut Noise Monitor - No Ability to Add Team Member Accounts

Reasons for choosing Guesty For Hosts

Recommended by various outlets.

Shaun

May 2022

Great all round STR app

Have only used it a short time so far but has been a positive experience

Pros

Love that it takes care of communication with the guests (automated) as well as the cleaners.

Cons

We only have one rental home, I wish the calendar screen on the app could show as full months rather than a scrolling line.

The app didn't even work on Host Tools

mike

April 2022

Great product to get your STR business structured.

guesty brought a level of organization and management to our business that was critical to growing our business. would highly recommend this product!!

Pros

Guests offer solid entry level value & feature for the price and bring solid multi property, multi channel capability. the web feature is awesome.

Cons

would love to see better message window sizing and updates. also would be good if when in everything sync mode we could add pics by room.

better value

Nora

Easy channel manager

Pros

Streamlines all channels and facilitates guest auto-messages

Cons

Not the easiest interface. It takes some tinkering around to figure out. I wish there was a tech support team available by telephone.

Adam

Love Guesty

Pros

I find the automated door locks to automate that process the most handy

Cons

I wish there was more door locks that were compatible with this software

Tyson

March 2022

Wow...very impressed with ease of use

Exceptional!!

Pros

Guesty is easy to use and implement into my business. It makes everything very seamless and I like the fact that it brings everything needed to run my business into one app.

Cons

I've only used it for a couple of weeks to this point, but nothing negative so far.

Graham

Great system to sync our single property across multiple platforms

Pros

Easy to setup. Cost effective compared to similar products.

Cons

Does not have integration with HolidayHomes.co.nz

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Wanted something to sync prices as well as avaliability.

Nuno

Great software that will be amazing once a few features are added

Just through the message automation I have saved a lot of admin time. I am also able to auto schedule the cleaning tasks with messages going directly to the team which is a huge timesaver.

Pros

Message Automation and access to Airbnb Ranking Booster.

Cons

The owner log in should provide not only access to income reports but also access to the calendar for their properties. Team tasks should be able to be scheduled without the mandatory option of linking it to a reservation. A consolidated inbox would be great.

Reasons for choosing Guesty For Hosts

Ease of use was a big distinction as was pricing.

Matthew

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Using Your Porter Vs Other PMS/CM applications

Its a great app. Our company went through 4 other apps before settling with your porter.

Pros

-Lets start by simply putting they connect to the listings very easily/fast -Automated MSG is a must these days and is a plus that we can send SMS or Whatsapp msg. (The Whatsapp feature would be a lot better if we didn't have to add every guest to out contacts but I do understand that not in your control). -The task manager is also a must for cleaners and maintenance. (we don't use it as much as we should but it is a great tool to have once we get more properties) -The integration with Booking/VRBO is also a plus. Some of the better PMS services only have airbnb and VRBO and other have over 100+ and they don't matter. sorry to say this but maybe people around the world use these very small websites to book accommodations but to me its just too small a market to even use and waste time connecting to. (Airbnb, VRBO, Expedia, Booking.com are the main ones to look for) -Of course the calendar and timeline feature is good but every single PMS/CM has this and some are better and some are worse. They work and that's all that matters. -The booster feature seems good but who knows if it really works. The algorithms change for all the aps to know if updating a photo here and there actually does anything. The truth is if your using any of these apps the best way to take advantage of them is to use a dynamic pricing app with them. -Last thing...use a dynamic pricing app with this to get the best use of the calendar and pricing together. It saves time and brings in more money.

Cons

-Not a fan of the fact you need to have the default language in English. I live in France and although the app automatically changes the language, when you want to send a quick one time MSG it always sends it in English and doesn't have the option to change it to the secondary language. (at least on the mobile app). -last is the automated msg. This has been the best feature we have used on any PMS apps and is an MUST for us going forward. Your Porters has a decent interface and is simple to use but sometimes we wish they had more A.I features that can detect keywords and auto reply. For example: We continuously get asked for our address no matter how many times its on our listing, but if the app could detect when someone askes these obvious questions it will send a msg back right away it would be PERFECT! these days more and more apps are doing this type of auto MSG and I think if Your porter continues to update this feature we will never leave.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

We were going through all the types of apps for short term rentals that has 4 main things -compatible with Pricelabs -Tasks for cleaners / maintenance workers -direct booking feature / website -AUTO MESSAGES! (most important time saver) with that being said almost all the apps we tried we for small businesses like ours that mainly focused on Airbnb.

Art

Almost perfect

Allows me to avoid double bookings by syncing across other platforms Automated messages save time Syncs nightly price and minimum stay across other platforms

Pros

Airbnb Extended connection Booking.com API connection Homeaway Extended connection Message Automation to Airbnb, Booking.com and Homeaway Airbnb price sync to Bookin.com and Homeaway with user defined markup Very responsive tech support Airbnb Extended connection works in restricted markets which do not permit API connections such as - Los Angeles, Montreal, Tokyo, etc.

Cons

No way to connect to Tokeet API No ability to push prices from Tokeet to Your Porter App Prices can only be taken from Airbnb and only than pushed to other channels Limited message automation options

Hostaway, Bookerville, Tokeet and Booking Automation

Simple, inexpensive, customizable

Much better overall integration in my market - Los Angeles

Michelle

If you don't use YouPorter App, you are wasting time and money.

I now have more time to do other things thanks to Your Porter App. I no longer need to write out a message for every single guest and remember to send them and I don't have to organize cleaning staff because YourPorter App does all of that for me. Using YourPorter App has given me the freedom to be able to leave town and still run my business efficiently and effectively. I highly recommend it.

Pros

YourPorter App does everything I need it to do and then some. I originally signed up because it would push my AirBnB rates to Booking.com automatically and that was all I was going to use it for. However, the auto-messaging system has proven invaluable. I can tailor messages and have them sent at specific times and on specific days. This feature is incredibly useful because I can send my lock box code at a specific time, thereby preventing guests from unexpectedly showing up and trying to check in early. I can also schedule all commonly sent emails, such as thanking them for booking, sending directions to our place, a message the next day asking if they settled in Ok and if they need anything. Guests love that I check in with them and I never forget to do so, thanks to YourPorter App. With the teammates feature, you can add teammates and assign them tasks such as cleaning, and is such a valuable portion of the software that I could not do without it. I can organize all my cleaning staff and have them clean when they need to and I never need to remind them because YourPorter App automatically does that for me. It can also let them know when we have check-ins and for how many guests so they can set up the continental breakfasts for them. The income report is also a great addition. There are so many features that I am still discovering all of them and how to implement them to my best advantage.

Cons

A written FAQ would be good. However, the support staff are very quick to answer when you have a question.

Reid

Best Channel Manager for a Small Operator

It's great. I've tried or gone through demo presentations at almost every other mainstream service that seemed like it might work for a small operator like me, and none of them offered this kind of value.

Pros

I love how customizable it is. I love that there is no setup fee. I love that everything is super easy to understand. I love that it syncs with exactly the channels I need -- Airbnb, HomeAway/VRBO, and Booking.com. Everything I need and nothing I don't. I like the small but interesting features like the "Airbnb rankings booster." All I need is a channel manager. I don't need a full service property manager. Services like Guesty cost upwards of $500 just to get set up, and then each month you're charged $20 per property! To me that seems excessive.

Cons

Navigating (back, forward, etc) on the website can be confusing b/c it's really designed to be viewed on a mobile phone.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Cost, easy of use, user interface.

Frederic

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

User friendly, easy to understand and efficient

I am quite happy about the product, its simplicity and also about the responsiveness of the support.

Pros

- The message automation module is really efficient and saves many hours. - The possibility to send a reminder by SMS to the helpers is really helpful to keep the operations running smoothly. - Another feature that I found really impressive was the website builder. It takes less than 5 minutes to have a professional-looking website. Yet, it remains powerful as almost every section can be adjusted manually if needed. - There is an app that is similar to what you experience when using your web browser. So you don't need to re-learn everything.

Cons

The navigation between sections can sometimes take 1 or 2 seconds. Nothing too critical but it would be even better if it was slightly faster. Some features also are missing such as the support of multiple languages for the website but I have been told that it's on the roadmap so it should not be a problem anymore.

Tokeet and eviivo

Reasons for choosing Guesty For Hosts

I contacted all the supports from Beds24, Eviivo, and YourPorter. Only 2 out of the 3 answers and both were really fast, as they replied within 1 business day. I didn't get any answer from Eviivo so it was eliminatory. What made me choose between YourPorter and Beds24 is the interface and the simplicity to use it and to get familiar with it. Although Beds24 is really powerful and do more, the learning curve is long and tedious. Finally, price wise YourPorter is the most competitive. So it's also a plus.

Jerrod

Best Value-Best Features-Easiest to Use

I have used yourporter for several years. Recently, I thought I needed a more robust system so paid thousands more for a competitor. I spent weeks trying to onboard it and found that there were many features I took for granted in yourporter that the expensive software couldn't do so I have come back to yourporter and love it.

Pros

Mobile interface is great. My cleaning staff likes that they can see a calendar link and that they can get text notifications. Not sure how much it helps, but I appreciate that they have some tools to improve rankings. I just got my direct booking website up and running which was super easy and seems to work great.

Cons

It doesn't integrate well across many platforms.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

It lacked the features of yourporter and was a lot more expensive.

Pedro

May 2022

Must have for a small property management company

Definitely an easy path for a new property management company or individual. If you work with a few houses, it´s the best choice in the market. I have had around 30/40 Demos within the channel manager/PMS sector and can tell you that this is the best price quality in the market.

Pros

This Channel Manager is by far the easiest we have had so far on our company. It has all the functionalities you need and very user friendly. There is only customer support via e-mail, but they normally reply within the first 24 hours.

Cons

The reason why we are thinking of changing the software is due to the automatic email/messaging. If you have direct bookings or bookings from agencies that are not connected to the channel, you will need to send messages manually. This is ok when you have a few houses, but when you grow your business, you want to optimize the operation as best as you can.

Reasons for choosing Guesty For Hosts

All the features at unbeatable price.

Great feature set, good value

Overall very positive - good set of features that work well and take the effort out of listing a house(s) on multiple rental channels. The feature set compares well with others in the market and *if* the Airbnb ranking booster works (I'm not sure it does yet, but here's hoping!) then it's worth going for YP over anything else out there just for that.

Pros

Love the automated message function which I use for automated booking, check-in and check out messages. I has saved me a lot of time and works brilliantly! I like being able to sync prices from Airbnb to Booking.com (with a % markup to account for higher Booking.com fees). The rating booster and auto-snooze seem like good ideas, but unfortunately I haven't seen any improvements in my ranking since I started to use.

Cons

The timeline only seems to pull in a few entries at a time before needing to make another network request to load some more - this results in repeatedly seeing the little YourPorter icon when scrolling through timeline. The UI is also bit clunky/not very intuitive to use.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Smoobu did not offer timed automated responses so was no good for timing a checkout message for just after my guests checked out (it messaged them at 7am instead!).

Derek

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Manage multiple listings easily on mobile

Making changes to listing to improve search rank and conversions is difficult without knowing where you rank, Your Porter App solved this with amazing weekly search reports.

Pros

Understanding where your property shows up in Airbnb search ranking is critical, even more important is what you do about it. Your Porter App provides weekly performance reports that allow you to monitor your Airbnb search ranking within a comparable competition set (ie: number of bedrooms, bathrooms, beds, etc) Managing your Airbnb search rank goes a long way toward improving your conversion rates and increasing yield, Your Porter App is an essential tool in your STR (Short Term Rental) toolbox providing results you can measure.

Cons

Aside from the apprehension of relinquishing direct control of the listing on Airbnb, activating went smoothly but I didn’t like the fact that I no longer can rely on Airbnb’s Market Trends and Smart Pricing for guidance on pricing strategy.

Reasons for choosing Guesty For Hosts

Direct booking website and reports that some of the other companies had poor support. It is an anxious moment when you initially flip the switch and relinquish control of your direct listing to a 3rd party app, I could not do that without the confidence of knowing that company with stand behind their product. Your Porter App stands behind their product, at least so far:)

TREVOR

YOUR PORTER APP FOR MY APARTMENT RENTAL

REAL TIME UPDATION OF RATES AND SYNCHRONISING OF CALENDERS ACCROSS THE BOOKING SITES WHICH NOT ONLY HELP SAVING TIME, BUT ALSO HELPS IN AVOIDING DOUBLE BOOKINGS. AND OFFCOURSE HAVING MY OWN WEBSITE TO MARKET MY APARTMENT RENTALS MAKES ME FEEL I AM IN TOTAL CONTROL.

Pros

IT IS VERY USER FRIENDLY IN TERMS OF INSTALLING IT AND IMPLEMENTING IT. THEIR SUPPORT SERVICE IS QUITE HELPFULL AND PROVIDED THE REPLIES AND SOLUTIONS TO ANY QUERIES AND ISSUES WHICH MAY ARISE AT THE TIME OF IMPLEMENTATION. IT IS VERY COST EFFECTIVE AND HELPS YOU CUT DOWN TIME WHICH YOU WOULD HAVE LOST DUE TO UPDATING RATES AND AND LENGHT OF STAYS ON DIFFERENT SITES SUCH AS BOOKING.COM, HOMEAWAY. SYCHRONISING OF THE CALENDERS ACCROSS THE BOOKING SITES IS A GREAT TOOL WHICH IT HAS AND HELPS TO A GREAT EXTENT TO AVOID DOUBLE BOOKING. I NOW HAVE MY OWN WEBSITE WHICH I HAVE BUILT THRU THIS APP, WHICH WILL HELP ME IN MARKETING MY APARTMENT RENTAL. THE PAYMENT SYSTEM THRU STRIPE ACCOUNT ENSURES THAT I CAN RECEIVE PAYMENT FOR APARTMENT RENTALS ONLINE. ONLINE PAYMENT FOR MY BOOKING.COM APARTMENT RESERVATIONS CAN NOW BE PROCESSED THRU THE PAYMENT SYSTEM ON THIS APP BESIDES THE PAYMENTS FOR BOOKINGS ON MY WEBSITE CAN BE RECEIVED THRU THIS PAYMENT SYSTEM ON THIS APP. AND ONCE AGAIN IT IS A WIN WIN PROPOSITION FOR YOUR RENTAL. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANY ONE RUNNING A PROPERTY RENTAL BUSINESS

Cons

THE APP COULD HAVE A FEATURE WHERE IT IS ABLE TO HELP THE USERS/OWNER'S WEBSITE (CREATED THRU THE APP) TO BE PUSHED TO THE END USERS WHO ARE SEARCHING FOR APARTMENT RENTALS ON SEARCH ENGINES. THIS COULD HELP DRIVE SALES THRU THE OWNER'S WEBSITE CREATED ON THE APP.

Stacey

Porter App

Have loved the app. I've trialed many other channel managers and this is by far the best and most affordable. Saves me a lot of work hours and has streamlined my workflow when managing multiple short term rentals.

Pros

I've saved hours of work with the automated messaging. It's very precise and messages can be sent at exact hours. Very easy to learn and setup. Onboarding was super quick. Customer service has been very helpful when I've had problems. Love the weekly reports for Airbnb ranking.

Cons

Task management could be improved. Calendar interface can be confusing when you have multiple properties in the same portfolio. Looking forward to full Expedia integration.

Reasons for choosing Guesty For Hosts

Best product for the price

Better automated messaging functions