• Pros

• "User friendly, easy to navigate. Love this software, very easy "

• "It is extremely user friendly. I love that there are shortcuts to different screens using the F keys. When we have issues, the support staff is very informative and quick to resolve the problem."

• "This product is very easy to use. Support is always helpful when I get in a bind."

• Cons

• "sometimes it crashes...usually after an update...otherwise one of the most complete and easy to use software products used"

• "There are a few irritating bugs that pop up now and then but the support staff is excellent and efficiently walks you through them."

• "Sometimes customer service can be rough to deal with. Other times it can be very helpful though. "

Browse AVImark Reviews

Misty from Norwex USA

AVImark Review

I realize by using Avimark we are able to keep track of each patient’s history, are able to make important notes and are able to see vital information quickly.

Pros

I loved how you can put alerts, special notes etc for your coworkwes to see on customers that need that. Also, to print the vaccine history that is very convenient! I feel like the flow of the software is very easy to follow.

Cons

Merging accounts sometimes causes issues.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied December 2018

Hi Misty, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you calling to light the flow of our AVImark software--it is something we work at to ensure it matches the flow of your practice and day. We're always here to help with issues that may arise and help find ways to make them easier. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help with training, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Rosemary from Not Just 4 Paws Animal Hospital

Avimark User 30+ Years

Overall I feel that Avimark is a great program. It's ease of use is good. Beginners can pick up the basics easily. There are a lot of things that the system can do that many are not aware of. The ease of integration from one program to Avimark was pretty seamless.

Pros

Easily teachable. Easy integration. User friendly.

Cons

Not as easy to get "New" features added when suggested. I would like to see the online academy become part of the program as "basic" meaning I think that you would have way more practices wanting to have the system if this was available as a no charge portion of the system. Practices are constantly adding more staff, and the cost associated with the academy are not very cost effective for a practice to have year round. If this price was embedded in the purchase price and maybe just a minimal annual fee would be much easier for practices to want to continue this service.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

I have worked at practices that have had both Cornerstone and Avimark. One practice started with Avimark and decided to change over to Cornerstone. This was a mistake in a very bad way. They essentially took a practice that was well balanced and working very efficiently on Avimark. They owned two additional practices that were on Cornerstone (and not functioning well) they wanted all the practices to communicate. They choose to change the only practice that was functioning well to convert over to Cornerstone, and it made a horrible mess. The current practice I am at started on Cornerstone under the old ownership. They were on it for 10+ years. During that time they could never understand the system well enough to utilize any of the features that it had, so there was virtually nothing used correctly. When I came aboard I made my argument to why we needed Avimark, and changed. My background is in inventory management. Avimark I feel is superior in this area. I have even shown the Technicians at Covertus things about the system that they did not know it could do.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

I hate Cornerstone. This program was developed by persons with accounting backgrounds, not a veterinary background. I think that both things need to be taken into consideration. I think that Avimark is a better product because it takes into account more the veterinary aspects above the accounting. I do feel there is room for improvement, but that is so with any program.

Mark from Sunnymead Animal Hospital

The best server based Veterinary CMS

Avimark allowed us to move from 100% paper records to a paper-lite process. Great product, except for update releases.

Pros

Avimark provided excellent reporting capabilities allowing for user designed queries. Not dependant on Internet for service.

Cons

Software releases would often cause catastrophic failures. Software releases were required to maintain tech support. While we used Avimark, feature releases focused on 3rd party integrations rather than software enhancements/bug fixes. MS Windows dependent.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

Avimark was a more open platform, used by a huge number of hospitals.

Sarah from SBVH

Industry: Veterinary

Would not purchase, do not recommend

Pros

I do not like this software. Its dated and slow and doesn't perform as well as other veterinary software products. I have used cornerstone and clientrax and both are significantly better. I would not have selected AVIMARK except that NVA made us take this software. The only real pro I can give is that it can handle the basics. We are not paperless, and I cannot imagine going paperless with this software as we have had repeated issues and we are not even using the medical record function.

Cons

Its terribly outdated. It looks like it rolled out in the 1980s. Its not user friendly. You cannot easily move appointments. Dragging and dropping is limited. You cannot copy and paste appointments. The screens open partially minimized so it takes an additional step just to go full screen. Its slow. I cannot view my labwork by clicking on the requisition even though I can see the first few lines, it will then disappear, requiring yet an additional series of steps to view it. I can go on, its a daily frustration using this software.

NVA made us change

cathy from the desert vet

Veterinary care with Avimark

I like it, it has a lot of features and we can taylor it to our needs

Pros

I like the live chat and the remote in that they can do to answer questions and fix issues and the multiple things I can change

Cons

You have to push a lot things to get where you want to be - sometimes looking things up, it doesn't find it

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

Because of the chance to make it do what we needed

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

Our practice grew and we needed a better system

Cynthia from Grand Ave Animal Clinic

Avimark is gold standard

We use Avimark for daily transactions , histories and records, information search. It has some things I would like better, but all in all it is quite functional and relatively easy to use.

Pros

Avimark is a time proven software for the veterinary industry. It is quite functional for the industry, whether a small or large clinic, few employees or many.

Cons

I don't like the information search. I don't consider it user friendly. I am also not in favor of the new Avimark Guardian and having to do a backup through that program instead of within Avimark. For me, about half the time, I am having to restart the computer because the process disconnects the database. I routinely use Quickbooks and I think they are perhaps the most user friendly for information search, database, and ease of back up. Perhaps Avimark could work towards that goal. I think the quarterly fee for support is a little high. We have 2 full time employees and one part time and as far as I know, I am paying the same price for large clinics. Also, the lack of ability to get into an invoice (when you purchase from vendors) once it is closed is annoying. Sometimes, it needs editing and you simply can't get to it.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

They irritated me right off. I don't remember the name of the original software we were on, but we had to switch it. Cornerstone was presented as the gold standard, but the customer service, the program, the prices! Yipes! We switched to Avimark soon after that and have been with them for many years.

Very customizable and user friendly - once you get past the learning curve!

Overall it’s excellent. There are sometimes bugs with it (like suddenly not finding any pet named Bella, so you have to rebuild indexes) but for the most part, it works great. It is usually speedy, and it can do some really neat, helpful things.

Pros

All the information you need is in front of you - client, pet, reminders. And it is easy to make it do some really cool things, such as packages, creative reminders, documents attached to treatments or diagnoses, etc.

Cons

We switched to this software from Cornerstone, and that was one of the most difficult times in memory. I am very good with software, and it took me three weeks to feel comfortable with it. Some less proficient folks complained for more than a year! Six years later, and I still occasionally find things it will do that I didn’t know about.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

Cornerstone charged a license fee for every workstation. With Avimark, you can have as many workstations as you want. Once it’s paid for, the only cost is for support, but you can choose not to use it.

Dawn from Central Cat Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Overall AVImark is a good program to run. There will never be a program that fits all the needs of every vet hospital out there but they give it a good try.

Pros

We have had AVImark for 15 + years. It is very user friendly for everyday uses. It is easy to move between different screens. We did not have any trouble moving our data from the previous program that we had.

Cons

We have a boarding area and the boarding scheduler could be improved. You cannot make boarding chart documents using the data in Avimark it all has to be written out by hand. Trying to make searches for data is complicated so I usually have to call into customer support for those. Most of the time they are very helpful in getting these set up, other times it take a while even for them to get the right search parameters set.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

When they came in for demonstrations AVImark was the simplest user friendly one out there.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

The program we had was very difficult to use and the developer was going to stop upgrading it.

Marshall from Malabar Country Veterinary Clinic

Avimark

I like Avimark very much. Has been a great transition from Intravet.

Pros

Simple to use, especially going paperless. The ability to print a requisition by applying a charge to account.

Cons

I wish you could E-Mail an estimate from the system. It would also be nice if you could hover over an appointment and see type of pet, weight, age, ect. I hope the disconnect between Avimark and Care Credit it resolved soon, Has a glitch every time you print a Care Credit Receipt.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

I have worked on it in the past, so I am very familiar with the program.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

Too many problems with Intravet. You also have to purchase Intravet by the seat, since we are growing this would have been an issue for us.

Brooke from National Spay Alliance Foundation

Lines vs Icons

I have used this program for 6 years and I personally love it. The look can get old.

Pros

I like how each "line" or items can have an option to add note and you can timestamp so you can never lose track of progression and who saw the patient at the time during the patient's baseline.

Cons

It can look pretty old school or some call it classic. There is no way to "modernize" the look, I.E. icon style like iOS software on mac.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hi Brooke, thank you for providing your feedback! Our team is always working on improving the user experience. I've sent over your feedback to our Product team to ensure this is reviewed for future enhancements. If you ever have any questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com

Selena from Island to Island Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Thorough program for all veterinary needs

Over the past 6 years of using this program our veterinary clinic has grown, and this software has expanded with us. Originally we only had a handful of computers, where as now we have almost 30 running the medical program. I love the ease of use, for our staff, which helped to improve efficiency. Our staff, can room a client, the doctor can see the patient medical records and put in charges in the room, and we can finalize and check out the client in the room. It has made the process easy to have the client in one space, with no confusion.

Pros

AVImark has helped our veterinary clinic by being able to create reports for statistics, keep in contact with our clients, and have thorough records. We have our in-house labs all where they 'talk' to AVImark, which is helpful for our doctors when talking with clients. When looking for a particular answer to a question, such as how many exotic pets did we see this year, or what doctor sees the most patients in a particular zip code, we can create a report for those answers. Over the past 6 years of using this program, there has only been a handful of reports that I could not create, which is spectacular for a numbers person! We have data at the tip of our fingers at any given point.

Cons

The integration and transfer of data from AVImark into Quickbooks can be a challenge at times. There are some payment forms that do not transfer out 'clean' into a Quickbooks file, that requires a little work on the back end, like care credit payments. In addition, we implemented AVImark originally for the improvement of our inventory, and set up an entire system with barcode. Although you can sell product like a typical point-of-sale system with the barcode scanner, on the Receiving-end you cannot receive inventory by utilizing a barcode, which still leaves room for errors.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

To help improve inventory systems

Jill from Midtown Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Avimark from a bookkeeping point of view

We have been operating with the system since 2006 and have never regretted the decision. We have added many software partners such as Rapport which has saved our staff so much time in reminders and follow ups as well as upgrading our communications. We are only limited by our own time and availability to use what is already available within the software.

Pros

The reporting capabilities of Avimark are endless. If there is a report your require it can be developed in the search fields. The standard reports are very adequate for reporting daily sales, doctor's revenue reporting, as well as tracking your revenue streams. Year end reports for inventory and annual sales are easily produced. The accounts receivables are always current and produce billing within the software. The capabilities of the software are actually only limited by the curiosity and capabilities of the people using it.

Cons

One of the features that is lacking or does not integrate well in Canada is the point of purchase providers. Due to the fact it is an American product the reporting and reconciliation experience I had when using their integrated POP was not successful. There are so many options for how you can use the medical condition but it has unlimited potential if the doctors have the time to set it up. It does take time to input but having said that once it is set up it is a huge time saver and it allows you to put in your preferred set of protocols.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

Our switch to Avimark was some time ago, and the system we were on was very limited. At the time of the purchase I was not involved in the decision so I cannot provide information as to the reasons for their decision.

Ben from Northland Animal Hospital

22+ year user

Over all I have been very happy with Avimark operation. I was an early user in the DOS days and have continued to recommend it to other practices. I am concerned with Avimarks long term survival because of the coding limitations and that Covetrus has other PMS that compete against it. I'm not sure that Covetrus gives Avimark needs a priority and we feel we've seen a decrease in levels of support when they took over.

Pros

Avimark has been one of the most user friendly PMS I've worked with (worked with four other platforms). The ability to merge info from the PMS to a MSWORD document makes it so that all of the documents we sent out look clean and well formatted. Having all the information on one display is nice. Ability to search for a service or product by enter parts of it in the description is a handy search feature. The information search has a significant learning curve but is a great tool once you know how to use it. Report features are great. There are almost too many security options but ability to create different authorized groups is handy. Being able to run it on any station and not require a new license for every station is great. The Sidekick feature looks great and was handy the couple times I worked with it. The options that the More Stuff fields give you for collecting and charting data is handy and make for clean looking records.

Cons

The difficulty for the program to evolve because of its coding is disappointing. It's network dependence and hiccups that happen on wifi is disappointing. Inability to attach documents other than doc files to treatments/inventory is less than ideal when many of the handouts we have are pdfs. With one of the most recent reminder upgrades the ability to modify them has been restricted.

experience

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

needed something that'd keep up with the times (Switched in ~2001)

Devon from NVA Cedarwood Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

User friendly but needs a bit more optimization/customization capabilities

Overall we have had a decent experience with AVImark. AVImark support has always been polite, though occasionally some have said certain things cannot be done that we are later told can be done from another team member. The staff are always polite though and we appreciate their assistance. The program, though it still has its faults, is user friendly and certainly has a lot of potential.

Pros

It is user friendly in most aspects compared to other software programs I have used in veterinary practices.

Cons

There are a few features that my staff and doctors over the years of using it have brought to my attention. One of the biggest issues is the medical condition and how it is viewed in the patient's chart. The fact that there isn't a way to easily view the doctors' notes from the most recent visits has led us to not yet convert to being paper lite. With paper records a doctor can quickly glance at the most recent notes from other doctors/themselves to familiarize themselves with a case. At this time in AVImark from what we can tell we have to manually find the line item where the medical condition is listed and then open that fully for each separate visit. If there was the option to have those notes be in read only view from the chronological page or a different page that would be extremely helpful. Additionally if there was a way to, from the software, submit a bug or error report. With the ability to include a screenshot or something similar this would be much more convenient than having to call in to the support desk each time. Lastly if there was a way to track changes made within AVImark to the calendar this would be incredibly helpful. Being able to look and see who moved an appointment, or where it was previously scheduled would be excellent for busy practices when there's a lot of people on the schedule at any given time.

Jessica from Lee Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Solid system, but definitely a little behind in features

As a mixed animal hospital, Avimark seems to be more superior for large animal use/features than competing systems. It also is a super easy to use system despite lacking in some truly beneficial features.

Pros

-Best system for equine/large animal practices. -Easy for employees to learn/use as system is fairly basic. -Tech support is fast and knowledgeable.

Cons

-One of the biggest ways we recognize clients are by their pets. Highly disappointing that the appointment calendar only displays Client name, patient name, abbreviation for species and reason for visit. It would be optimal for it to display the Breed as that allows the receptionist to quickly know who the client is who is checking in. -Measurements in inventory only go out 2 decimal points - needs to be greater. -Only allows for 2 price breaks in an inventory item - wished it allowed for more. -Estimate feature needs overhaul - confusing that it does not show/reflect range per line item. It only lumps a range total at bottom of estimate. Also, you cannot email estimates directly out of the system (like you can records). You have to save it to your computer and then email it out of your regular email system. -Does not have a prescription refill count down feature. -You can only book a patient reservation straight through one run/kennel in the system versus being able to maximize by taking advantage of space where another animal may be leaving or coming at a different time. -Some of the most common report searches a clinic would use to track compliance/performance are not prebuilt in the system. You have to have a custom search set up, which requires tech support nearly all the time because they are too complex to build on your own. -Despite same telephone and/or same address, does not always recognize a duplicate client.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

Large Animal system features.

Ericka from Sunnyslope Pet sitter

Great! User Friendly!

It is great. I can have just one program for appointments and client data for grooming, pet sitting and dog walking.

Pros

How it logs the pets and the owners names. Easy to access and log in data of sales and appointments.

Cons

It is a bit much as price goes. Although you get what you pay for. I was able to have all the services I have in just one program.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

I can combine all my services in one program.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

AVImark lets me combine all my business services all in one program in stead of a different program for each service.

Response from Covetrus

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review, Ericka. It's great to see a unique business perspective. If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out!

Sue from Best Friend Veterinary Hospital

AVIMARK FAN

I mostly enjoy not having to daily trouble shoot avimark as we did with our former software company. I also like not having paper files- (buying the supplies, making the files, filing the files, finding the files when they were mis filed, etc...)

Pros

We switched to avimark several years ago. I was reluctant because of the fear of training 20 employees but fortunately at the time we had several employees who were familiar with the soft ware and the transition wasnt as difficult as Ii was expecting. We are paper lite and enjoy having all our medical notes, attachments and lab results imported into the software. We have off site back up so no worry about losing all our data with computer crash.

Cons

We have had times where support is busy and can't help us resolve an issue immediately.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

It seemed more user friendly, easier to learn and I had staff members and colleagues who knew the soft ware and really liked it. It was also relatively more cost effective.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

I neede a full time employee to trouble shoot! We were constantly having to get everyone out of V-tech so we could reboot. It was really becoming a liability rather than an asset for our practice.

Michael from Line Street Veterinary Hospital

Avimark pros and cons

Overall I have been happy with Avimark but recent lapses in service have been concerning.

Pros

Cost and ease of use. We utilize many functions and have been paperless for about 10 years. Customer support is usually good. Started using Rapport recently also for text and email reminders.

Cons

There have been several episodes lately where the software goes down and we can’t get into Avimark for work. Recently had to restore from a backup to get it to work. It seems these problems are getting worse. Computer searches are also more difficult than they should be.

Cost and functionality

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

Very poor support and lack of features

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Dr. Mawhorter! We're happy to have you as a loyal customer for the last 10 years and I hope you are enjoying your Rapport subscription. The episodes with AVImark going down is very concerning to us as well. Our team thoroughly investigates every outage to determine root-cause and finds resolutions to avoid additional downtime. I'll send over your feedback on computer searches to ensure this is reviewed for future enhancements. If you ever have questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!

TinaZa from Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic

User friendly but thorough

We were able to become paperless and do away with paper charts.

Pros

It is very easy to use. It is windows based therefore it is easy to train new people to use. There are multiple ways to search for client/patient info. Reports are easy to run. White board makes keeping track of patients and patient plans easy. Entering line items is easy and you can enter inventory in thto the line item. When scheduling, you can change colors to help keep track of appointment types. You can create canned notes in the glossary to make note keeping easy. It is easy to create canned estimates and post them into the chart. Employees have to sign in therefore you have a trail to keep track of who has done what. You can create word documents and have the client/patient information autofilled which makes discharge instructions easy.

Cons

The customer service is not as available and user friendly as they could be. Fortunately we don't have to call very often. The only con in regards to software, is that you cannot time stamp the posting time to know when a client checked out.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your feedback and review, TinaZa! We agree with the multitude of ways you listed that makes AVImark easy to use and customizable to your practice. We're happy to hear you and your team are benefiting from the flexibility of our system. We're always working to improve everything from the solutions we offer to the Teams you speak with when you're in need of Support. We appreciate you raising both the positives and negatives of your experience with us. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Kathleen from PPAH, LLC

Used it since it was DOS based in the early '90's

I miss it so much every day I make my new boss mad I repeatedly tell her, we are switching, it is a matter of WHEN.

Pros

Most cost effective software to buy. If you price out the annual support fees it will pay for itself in 5 years over Cornerstone. (I keep pushing for it at my new office) FEATURE RICH. Requires thorough reading of the manual to truly see all the features and I suggest going to different paperless offices to see how folks use all the features. Best features I miss now that I have been at a Cornerstone office for 5 years: the right click WHO GOT, you can go anywhere to any service and item and see at a glance who used this item recently, not run a sales report. HUGE help. Next editing their item lists, can do a whole category at a time, can hit next over and over. Very helpful. Lastly LISTS, we used them constantly for interoffice communication and managing labs and medical records. Not part of Avimark but it integrates with NetNotes. That is an ap that worked with AVImark that made paperless message taking a dream. REALLY WORTH BUYING THE NETWORKING FEATURE

Cons

Need a really smart IT professional to set it up right. I managed the LAN for 2-3 years on my own and it gave me problems, because I am NOT a professional. Once we got someone in that KNEW their stuff (an IBM network problem solver for over a decade) we got a LINUX server and had 16 systems with a huge monitor white board. Never went down, rarely had problems, but a good IT guy needs to be figured into your budget. Not really a CON but Vets are famous for DIY. Upgrades tend to be glitchy, since the very beginning. There is no way for them to be able to test their software on all our crazy network setups, so you'll get 6 new awesome features and 1-3 things you have to wait for them to patch and fix. Drove me crazy for a while and then just became something I planned for. Worth it in the end. Rebuild whenever I needed an accurate inventory. If you haven't invested in their sequel server version, it just has to be done, nice thing was I COULD DO IT, I didn't have to call support to do so. If you have an amazing server it takes very little time. Ideally use networked printers. Cornerstone it is an obligation not an option. Not intuitive, requires learning, the context menus are so vast (read feature rich) it really takes a while to pick up.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied September 2017

Thank you, Kathleen, for your review. We hope you get to join the AVImark family of users again!

JUDITH from RAND ROAD ANIMAL HOSP

Easy to use Avimark

Overall our clinic is very happy with how easy it is to use Avimark, and how reliable the software is. We feel confident that when we need support we will get a definitive answer ( even if not the answer we hoped for ). We plan to go paperless this year and have looked into the you tube videos and experimented with the shortcut keys. We feel confident that we will be able to transition effectively with the Avimark support to assist when needed.

Pros

I didn't have anyone to train me beyond the very basics of Avimark. I found that I could navigate and explore the features better than I expected. The software is intuitive. I also found that if you make a mistake, it is easy to fix. Some of the best things I use are the shortcut keys (F2 Refill, F4 Remove, etc.), however the very best feature of Avimark is the Customer Service support. I have called for a variety of situations and the support team is patient, knowledgeable and always willing to help.

Cons

A frustrating feature is that in order to perform a Who Got? (search for everyone who got whatever service or item), you have to know at least one client that got that service or item. Not as useful as it could be! Also, our clinic wants to add another credit card machine but that would require 2 closeouts at the end of the night. There is no way to flag Initials or a terminal to one cc reader and likewise to the second cc reader. That feature would be very useful and I don't understand why that is not an option.

AviMark is fantastic

I cannot complain, AviMark has been wonderful for myself, and my co-workers.

Pros

There are so many things that I like about AviMark. I have worked in several Veterinary Clinics throughout the years, and have had experience with several different programs. AviMark has the most diverse capabilities by far. I love how it has the ability to connect with all of our different laboratory equipment (especially Idexx). getting all of the test results listed on AviMark makes life so much simpler. We do not have to manually insert all of our patients results. AviMark also has been wonderful when it comes to product and medication stocking. All we have to do it monitor it through the software and we can tell when it is time to order more supplies. As long as we are doing things properly we do not run out of important things that we need as a Veterinary practice.

Cons

There really is not much to dislike about the software. It can take a bit to learn, and training new employees can take some time. But I have found it that being hands on with the software and just clicking things is the best way to learn it.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the kind feedback. We are happy to have you! I'm glad that you are enjoying the bi-directional lab integrations, we're always looking to make our practices more efficient! If you ever have any questions, concerns, or additional feedback please don't hesitate to email us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com.

Lori from Island City Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

This software is a great tool to help you serve your clients

Great experience. Love the support services and all options this software offers.

Pros

I have used this software since it first came to market. The evolution that it has gone through in response to the veterinary industry is on point for helping us care for our patients and clients. From keeping reminders straight, to booking appointments, to doing mass emails, to follow up calls and using it to track staff hours it has helped keep us organized. The areas this software help us in are too many to mention here. The support service is second to none...all issues are resolved with a quick phone call. I couldn't imagine running my three practices with any other software.

Cons

When we do mass emails we can often not send the entire number. This may be due to our internet as well. I wish there was more options for emails...insert photos, different fonts. Would love to do this as an newsletter but are limited now.

n/a

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Lori! Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to have you through our evolving journey! It sounds like you are using many features within AVImark as well. I'm going to send over the mass email issues to our Product team. We'll investigate. You may want to look at Rapport for full email functionality, call 800-426-9119 and a rep will walk you through all the cool things Rapport can do. If you ever have any questions or additional feedback, don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!

Jeffrey from Kenwood Pet Clinic

Avimark - 7 years experience

We're generally satisfied with avimark. Relatively intuitive, but not flexible. Would recommend, but I would prefer if there was a better product available on the market.

Pros

Transitioning to Avimark from a payroll system was good, we were able to get the data transferred and see what it looked like before making the change. 3 years ago we transitioned from paper files to a "paper-lite" system and generally we're pleased. I wouldn't say I know of a better system available.

Cons

It is a system that is bloated and relatively non-flexible. You need to conform to it. Generally you get what you want and it works, but if it doesn't work, they won't change to software to meet you. Case in point - our pharmacy labels don't print the correct weight for the patient. Avimark is aware of the problem, but cannot fix it.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

More widely used, more intuitive, slightly less expensive.

Christie from River Road Animal Clinic

User friendly

Pros

Being born in the age that computers were not used a lot found it this program was very easily learn by me and our vet so really appreciated that made switching over to computers very easystill really learning it have had it for right at 2 years still finding ways constantly to learn and to make things easier for the coworkers and for myself

Cons

there are quirks here in there that does happen normally when it does we can call tech support and they usually can either tell us what we need to do to fix it or if it's something that we would like to do but can't they let us know ahead of time I can't name those things but I know there have been issues that came up that we had wished we could've done with the program that would probably be better asked with the veterinarian and not me anyway that's all I got

Talked to other clinics

Juan from Home Veterinary Care of Northern Virginia

Best vet specific software I have used

Very easy to use, very easy to implement and teach. Great value for the money and good support.

Pros

I love how responsive the developers are to suggestions for improvements. Support is awesome, and support hours are good - basically, they are there when we need them. Pricing is very fair and I like that we can install the software on multiple laptops without having to involve tech support.

Cons

There are a couple of little glitches that I wish we could work around. If there is a requisition that doesn't go through to the diagnostic lab we need to delete the charges and enter them again, there doesn't seem to be a way to "Resubmit"

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

I tried cornerstone at our sister practice but wasn't all that impressed. It seemed to have a steeper learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

Just more flexible, powerful and useful in our circumstance

Kathryn from Arlington Animal Hospital

Good program

Good for the most part. The software is great, it's just the setting up part that is not fun.

Pros

Avimark is one of the better Veterinary software systems on the market. After 20+ yrs in the Veterinary field, and using many kinds of veterinary based software, I would say Avimark is the most user-friendly while also giving you all of the bells and whistles that a vet practice needs. It is user-friendly, but setting up the back end of it, was quite difficult for somebody that has only used it as a receptionist or tech.

Cons

If you are a new clinic, or like us, going paperless for the first time, I would say that the training for the back end of it was not easy. We had a lot of cleaning up to do from our data conversion and the 3 weeks of prior training they offer didn't cover the back end much. There was just so much to learn in such a short amount of time, and like most practices, you are trying to balance the daily craziness with setting up Avimark. It's tough. Biggest con for me would be not getting a good tech support staff assigned to us until after we went live. If you call tech support, just randomly, you will most likely get a person who is also reading out of a manual. Best advice, get a good tech person and they will make your life so much easier.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

Experience using it, best medical record keeping software we could find. Also, we wanted a server based system, not cloud based.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

Intravet is literally the worst software system ever created.

November 2010

Jim from Cross Winds Clinic

November 2010

Excellent Veterinary Management Software

Having used Impromed, Cornerstone and AVImark I prefer AVImark. Granted the versions of Impromed and Cornerstone I used were years ago and I can't comment on how far they have come. But we bought AVImark when it was the least used Practice Management Software on the market. In that time it has grown to be I believe the most widely used software. There are usually good reasons for such wide acceptance.

Pros

Stable. Works well with or without using actual server software. Though MS Windows limits the number of terminals that can be active without running Windows Server. I believe that number is 7 but don't quote me. Very flexible. Allows for complex management of Inventory and Treatment groups. User can custom configure many many options. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Granted they do charge a fairly steep yearly maintenance fee (near $1,000/yr) but their staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Support is vital if your a new practice owner and want things to be able to work. Reminder generation is easy, and very customizable. AVImark also integrates with a variety of 3rd part reminder companies if you don't want to stamp and mail your own. Also built in email reminders as well. Not sure what original reviewer was referring to when she stated no variances allowed in estimates. Been using AVImark for over 10 years and for as long I can remember this is possible.

Cons

If you want to be completely paperless...AVImark isn't completely there yet from what I have read of hospitals that have tried it. It's workable, just not as refined as it could be. Again haven't tried it personally. Email reminder system built into AVImark has limited reporting systems built into it. For example it won't print a report after of whom it just e-mailed. There are workarounds to this but AVImark needs to work on this.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied November 2010

Jim, Thank you for your review! AVImark is installed at some clinics with over 100 workstations and each site license comes with unlimited work stations. As you mentioned, you do need a Windows Server Operating System if you plan on having a large number of workstations accessing AVImark (10 is the current limitation for Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Professional, and Windows 7 Professional.) Regarding paperless and emailing, we have many clinics utilizing both in their daily environment and provide enhancements with every release to further increase the capabilities and ease of use for both areas.

Anne from Cats Preferred

Industry: Veterinary

I have been using Avimark for 20 years and have never seriously considered changing to another software system. It give us easily readable medical records, easy client transactions and ability to email clients from their medical records.

Pros

Very easy to set up and start using. Also grows easily with the business. It allows the business to decide how in-depth they want to go with the use of the software. ie) medical records can include rule out and then predetermined treatment options or be used as a simple free form medical record.

Cons

Updating to new versions can cause network issues, especially difficulty printing until all printers are re-setup. Support help can be hit or miss, but lately has been very good.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

less expensive and platform was similar to what I had previously used.

Jenni from Washington Veterinary Medical Clinic

Pleasant experience

Pros

Integrations with other products such as online rx and scheduling, payment processing, signature capture, the constant improvements, listen to customer's needs, ease of use, customizable

Cons

Reporting and search options could use work.

Improve efficiency

Melanie from Zephyrhills Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Overall experience has been great. Would recommend.

Pros

I find this software easier to use than most. I generate reports daily, can do searches, it integrates with my lab equipment, etc. There are many other capabilities of this software that I haven’t fully explored. It has suited me well for over 20 years (even from back in the old pre-windows “dos” days). Tech support has been great, and very patient with dinosaurs like myself. I also use the off-site data vault back up service.

Cons

Even though this software is generally easy to use, I wish there was more on-site hands on training available, especially for new and to further explore those Ketner capabilities that we aren’t currently utilizing.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

Easy to navigate and integrate.

Nichelle from Mountain Road Animal Hospital (vet strategy)

Dvm user of avimark

If there is something that can be done- the client services people I have called have always been very helpful and polite, the biggest frustration is that if it isn't something that the software isn't able to do at this time, it seems that and the impression given is there is no interest or hope that changes will ever be made In the software......

Pros

Menu driven- fairly easy to use/learn Merge codes so we can create customize word documents Soap format of medical record Online support

Cons

Multiple times I have called and asked for specific functionalities and have been told no with no chance of it ever happening. I find this disappointing. Examples are: being able to customize/change vitals section, send more than one attachment through email function (I feel like this may have been addresses but it isn't on our system), doctor's notes being part of the medical record, alerts being a separate tab not just the pop ups, customization to Rx label format to include more info, Ability to see if there are refills on an rx easily in the single line entry in the cid instead of having to go through the label option, being able to add species or sex to the patient search info, bcs History displayed like weight is, there are likely other things but I can't think of them right now......

Deji from Bathurst Animal Hospital

Strongly Recommended

I've used it for about 20 years now. It's been a real asset in improving our clmmunications within and outside the hospital and has definitely enhanced our profitability.

Pros

Its versatility. Is layout. It's configurable to be used by minimalists as well as practitioners who are comfortable with immersive computerization.

Cons

Its inventory-management and information search functions.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

It was substantially less expensive, appeared to be more stable, had a broader stable of users and was well-supported.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Dr. Odetoyinbo! Thank you for being a loyal customer for the last 20 years! We are so happy to have you! I'm happy to hear how much of an asset AVImark has become. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!

Pamela from The Cat Doctor LLC

Industry: Veterinary

Avimark is the way to go!

We use Avimark, MPS for all of our daily clinic duties and love it.

Pros

Avimark is very user-friendly and makes training new employees easy. It is integrated with other services to make transactions seamless. It enables our staff to spend more time with patients and working doing what we love to do!

Cons

We have had a little bit more of a wait for the chat support feature since Avimark was bought by Covetrus but honestly have no real complaints.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

I have used Avimark for a very long time (over 20 years +) and have seen it grow and evolve over the years. I like it for it's ease of use, it's easy to train new employees on the software, and it meets all of our daily veterinary software needs.

Caroline from Metro Cat Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Good thing Customer Support is so great!

In the last year we have gone to using the Medical Condition to record our patient exams. I wish there were programs that would help to record the cats that are hospitilized and keep up with the hourly needed information as treatment done on an hourly basis.

Pros

The folks who answer the phone in customer support are very friendly and helpful! I went from a DOS program over 10 years ago to Avimark and Avimark is MUCH better! I like the way it intergrates with AnTech and Idexx Laboratories.

Cons

even after 10+ years of using Avimark, we still have to call Customer Support, not infrequently. The main reason is the program is not "User Friendly" or intuitive to figure out some things. Even within the written manual, the terminology in the manual is not the terminology seen on the screen within the program. For example: The steps for taking a photo of the pet to be able to attach it to the patient's file is very convoluted.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

at the time, the previous vet who had owned the clinic had researched Avimark and it was a much better system than what I had been using.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

I wanted a program that was more windows based and interactive for recording patient data, inventory, and client communication

Crystal from All paws animal hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Avimark for everything at work

It's a solid program. A go to for sure. I used it at the first clinic I worked at and at the current clinic I am with and it's great.

Pros

I like its ability to search for everything in multiple ways because everyone has their own preference on how they like to do things. Scheduling appointments is very easy and it also allows you to connect instant messaging and memos directly to a client's chart and send to whomever in a split second so you don't have to run around the clinic etc. I really have no complaints. This is so much better than what I have used at other clinics.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like. This has been a solid program to use and I would recommend to anyone.

I switched jobs

Becky from Plattsburg Animal Clinic

AVIMark Reivew Plattsburg Animal Clinic

Overall experience with AVIMark is good. The company has always been helpful. There are some customer services representatives that are definitely more experienced, but even the less experienced have done their best to get me to the person that can help me the most. THANK YOU!

Pros

The software is relatively user friendly. The "Help" AVIMark Manual and Online Support are extremely helpful. However, no time to search, pickup the phone, AVIMark Customer Support is always friendly and willing to help with the simplest request.

Cons

There are multiple ways to do same thing and I personally sometimes get confused. I am not actually saying that is a bad thing, just can be confusing.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

AVIMark was a better price for a similar product.

Jack from ST PETERS ANIMAL HOSP

Day-to-Day with Avimark

I think there are many more features available that we could use but finding them or even knowing they exist is next to impossible. This is the only software we have ever used so making a comparison with other products isn't something we can do. I would buy and install the product again but I would insist on better documentation.

Pros

The software has many useful features and provides much more functionality than my single veterinarian practice will ever use. It is relatively easy to use but there is a steep learning curve.

Cons

The biggest complaint is that documentation is woefully inadequate. The manual and help feature within the product were written by 'techies'. Many of the search questions come up blank and we don't always have time to spend hours or days searching the online data base. Another complaint we have is that the reminder system is clunky and lacks on-site customization. Finally, it seems that every time we download an update several of our 'settings' are lost and have to be re-done. Technical support staff are generally friendly but seem over-whelmed and can be a little 'short' with questions they feel should be intuitively obvious. We try to avoid calling them unless we are desperate.

NELS from Backlund Animal Clinic

Avimark ups and downs

Allows me to keep track of all my patients and easily enter fees and invoice clients.

Pros

It is easy to use and integrates with Quickbooks for easy accounting.

Cons

The biggest problem with Avimark concerns updating to newer versions. First, it requires technical assistance to update to newer versions. Second is that, invariably, when there is an update, there is a previous function that is damaged and even rendered inoperable. In some case the engineers try to correct the new glitch, but sometimes, there is no plan to correct it so we have to fashion a work around or just stop using that function completely.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

Cost and best functionality at the time

Sandra from Creature Comforts LLC

Avimark review

Overall I have enjoyed the program...but like all software - there are pros and cons.

Pros

I have used this product for 21 years. I do like how easy it is to use and teach to new employees.

Cons

I'm not sure that Avimark has kept up with software trends very well. Now that we are paperless, I find the set up less friendly for that vs a paper chart setting. I also don't like that I cannot access it on my phone when I am out of the office. Avimark tends to have a lot of glitches when interfacing with Idexx but I don't know if other programs are any better.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

price at the time but more importantly it was EASY to navigate and learn

Alisa from Graydon Veterinary Corporation

We've Used Avimark for 2 Years

Overall I like Avimark as it is easy to train employee's on. The first few months I spent A LOT of time on the phone with their customer service or tech support (who were fantastic!) but now I feel I know the ins-and-outs pretty well.

Pros

I think that Avimark is very user friendly, and easy to set up new inventory or treatment codes.

Cons

Sometimes the updates can cause issues, and the program can be slow when "talking to" the Avimark at our other clinic. The medical history doesn't correlate with the account history if something has been posted.

Price and user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to AVImark

DVM support had run out. We were looking for a more modern program.

Diane from Blair Animal Hospital

User Friendly, Many Features to Explore

Pros

The product is fairly easy to use. It has many different avenues to accomplish the same tasks, so it adapts well to different users' abilities. With each update, the functionality increases, and the interface grows more user-friendly.

Cons

Changing settings can be rather complex and daunting at times. If you aren't a "peruse the search topics" type of person, you can easily grow frustrated and/or lack the ability and drive to unlock some of the features of the software. Since there are so many features and shortkeys, it can be complicated for users to recall how to perform some of the tasks.

May 2011

Will from Eagle's Landing Veterinary Hospital

May 2011

A fully featured complete solution for practice management

Our hospital uses AVImark for every aspect of our daily activity. We clock in mornings, review our appointment calendar, check-in patients and print necessary documents, and enter treatments, items, and charges. Our doctors enter all of their medical data into the program including diagnoses, problems, and notes. The program prints Client Ed information as needed. The clients check-out and are charged via AVImark. We make follow-up calls to every patient using the system in AVImark. At the end of the day I review the day's activity, compare the doctor's statistics using the program. Finally we use it to send reminders and statements to all of our clients. Due to this extensive usage I am intimately familiar with the program, the support technicians, and all of it's features. All are top notch. I highly recommend AVImark to anyone who asks. The costs is very competitive, the support costs are very inexpensive, and the program is excellent.

Pros

*Easy to learn the basics (under 10 minutes) *Extensive features: Electronic Med. Records, appt. calendar, boarding & grooming calendar, whiteboard and patient tracking, inventory tracking, easily maintain current prices w/ markups, complete custom, and comprehensive reports on EVERYTHING, literally every aspect of your practice can be monitored, frequent updates, tight integration with inhouse and outside labs *Extremely good support - short wait times, near instant responses to email support, long hours, knowledgeable long term support technicians. As a power user I correspond with support several times per week and am frequently impressed. *Reporting and searching are amazing. *Time card feature eliminates need for additional program *Text Templating to speed entry of records *Treatment groups and associations to avoid missed charges *Very Easy backup & restore *Allows multiple sites with shared or separate databases *Powerful reminder system

Cons

*Works best on wired networks (though I utilize several wireless workstations) *Has so many features it can take time to discover and use them all. *User interface is easy to use but looks slightly dated *Currently lacking in some policy enforcement options within the program

Niky from Lexington Pet Clinic

Easy but not Complete

Overall, I do like it. It's pretty easy to use and self explanatory. I like the follow-up function--we utilize it a lot at our clinic for communication.

Pros

I like that it's pretty easy to use and that there are a lot of consistencies (ex: the escape key gets you back, F5 lets you write notes, etc). It seems to be pretty easy for our new employees to catch on.

Cons

I wish there was a way to unpost follow-ups if they were accidentally posted or more information was added. I'd also like if we could make mirror images of pets--we see a lot of rescue pets and then when adopted see them under their owner's account. It would be nice if we could mirror the rescue info to the new owner's account (we like to keep rescue account charts intact). We also have a lot of issues with the emails failing on the first attempt. That gets frustrating because we are trying to move as paperless as possible. Oh, and it would be nice if there was a way to look up new client/new pet appointments--sometimes people will call in and forget what date/time their appointment is and we have to scroll day by day to find them.

Dennie from Dennie M. Bassham

Avimark

makes my business run smoothly

Pros

Diverse functionality - lets me do what I want to do!

Cons

Sometimes things are changed without a reason and it takes months for the bad change to be acknowledged and returned to normal function -

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

Input/output was difficult - user interface terrible, format of the information display was terrible

Switching to Windows OS 15 yrs ago

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Dr. Bassham! We're always looking for beta practices, if you are interested in testing new functionality and provide feedback prior to release send over an email to US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com we'll hook you up with the Product Management team.

stephanie from gentle touch animal hospital

Avimark

Frustrating quite often but not too bad compared to what I hear from others who use other programs.

Pros

Affordability, easier to use than most, nothing much more that I can think of

Cons

It is missing features that make sense to me to be there, ie: cant pull up a record by the spouses (or whomever is in the second field) name/number. Customer support hours dont help those of us that are on pacific or mountain time when we need help when everyone is out, ie: global applies. This is only when we are closed, and you are too.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

didnt have to pay for each workstation added, more technical support for a lump sum.

Laura from Arbor Hills Veterinary Clinic

Versatile veterinary management software

Overall good product for price. Wish updating was easier but like that Avimark pushes updates unlike other software.

Pros

There is more than one way to accomplish the same goal. Can look up patient or client information multiple ways, easy to multi task. Integrates with other programs fairly easily, able to be paper light and not have to keep charted records. Backs up easily and the customer support has always been primo for me!

Cons

Does not integrate with the 21st century software options easily. Still requires paper unable to use tablets easily to collect signatures. Does not work well over wifi. Dragonfly is a waste of money. Does not have options to call text clients without using third party software. Not 21st century. Still had annoying bugs that haven't been addressed such as the spell checker going off screen. Can't capture signatures on tablets or even on a pc. Wish you could email or text pictures. Wish you could attach pictures easily. Wish charting masses and skin lesions or eye ulcers with pictures or hand drawn diagrams.

Used it in the past

James from Animal Medical Center

Avimark Software

Pros

We have been using Avimark software for over 17 years. The program is very easy to learn and to use. It is fairly inexpensive and performs most every function that we need (we are a paperless practice). The program is very reliable and the support team for the most part is very good. The appointment scheduler is also very easy to use and it is customizable.

Cons

The only real downside to the program is the inventory system. It only allows a single expiration date per item, so if you have multiple expiration dates, you must chose one only to mark for that item.

Mark from Greenfield Animal Hospital

Easy, User Friendly, Great Features and Excellent Support

I really like Avimark, and wouldn't trade it for any other software at this point. I started using Avimark in 1998, and continue to use it today. It changes and adapts with the demands of the medical practices, and continues to offer a great product, service and support.

Pros

Avimark has a great deal of valuable functions, yet is very easy to learn and simple to navigate. It is also backed up by an excellent technical support team.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of the yearly technical support fees, but understand this is something that obviously can't be a free service of the support staff is to be paid! We have a few "glitches" that we run into now and again, and the software sometimes freezes or slows without any warning or reason. However, considering the volume of business we do, and the number of work stations we run at the same time, not to mention how many users are working with the software here on a daily basis, I'm still very happy with it's ability to keep up and do it's job as consistently as it does.

Reasons for Choosing AVImark

I have used Avimark for over 20 years, and have always been happy with it.

Heather from Animal Wellness Vet Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Great potential, still room for improvement

The software is good, but please listen to customer feedback and improve the product. So many very small issues that should be easy to fix, and would make customer’s lives so much easier. Please contact me if you’d like a more in depth list of small improvements

Pros

I like how Avimark fills the vast majority of what is needed to run a vet clinic. It’s very comprehensive, and makes life much easier for Vet clinic staff

Cons

There are a hundred small limitations that seem like they should be easy to fix/update. Eg. inventory expiry date. If I have 3 items in stock and receive a new one with a new expiry date, 3 should be sold with the old expiry date them the new one should activate. Instead I have to tell avimark not to update the expiry date otherwise all the existing stock gets the new date. Ridiculous for such sophisticated software. Also should be able to book a new client appointment and import their information from the booking rather than having to book an appointment, start a new client file, then re enter their address and phone number all over again.

Familiarity with avimark