• icon"This system was brought in to replace our old paper style medical records. It has been a huge improvement for our business, allowing us to be more detailed, more accurate, and more profitable."
  • icon"I love the integration of my lab and prescriptions."
  • icon"So easy to use, great to learn on, great for first time users. Love how there are so many ways to do different tasks, makes it even easier."
  • icon"We have had trouble with avimark making other programs so they don't work."
  • icon"AviMark's customer reports are absolute nonsense and their chat function for support is horrendous."
  • icon"Some simple things are missing- for example in the appointment book you can block off weekly, monthly, or the first and third week of the month, but not every second week."

All Covetrus Avimark Reviews

Ajethan

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Easy to use, but not everything is sufficient

Tim

AVImark 10 year user

VCPR

Pros

The ease and multiple ways to do things.

Cons

Paying for support and having to write some of the reports I need.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Avimark

Didn't charge by the computer station to put the program on.

E records

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for being a great customer and for sharing your feedback with us.

Stacy

Industry: Veterinary

Avimark - love, but no hate

Overall we are very happy with Avimark. tech support leaves something to be desired. We spend $100 to have tech support available & are often treated like we are bothering the technicians when we call - often have to call 4-5 times to get a proper answer.

Pros

Easy to use - very intuitive. Windows based.

Cons

Some very obvious defects: When you change a date in 1 patient's file, every other code for the rest of the day goes under that previous date - should default to current date when you switch to another patient's file. When one doctor is working on a patient & we go to another terminal, we have to select the doctor again - should default to the doctor who had already entered items that day .

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Avimark

Used it for a few years & it was the most user friendly .

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Avimark

Used Cornerstone in my last clinic - too cumbersome - lost files.

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for being a great customer and for sharing your feedback with us.

Rosemary

Avimark User 30+ Years

Overall I feel that Avimark is a great program. It's ease of use is good. Beginners can pick up the basics easily. There are a lot of things that the system can do that many are not aware of. The ease of integration from one program to Avimark was pretty seamless.

Pros

Easily teachable. Easy integration. User friendly.

Cons

Not as easy to get "New" features added when suggested. I would like to see the online academy become part of the program as "basic" meaning I think that you would have way more practices wanting to have the system if this was available as a no charge portion of the system. Practices are constantly adding more staff, and the cost associated with the academy are not very cost effective for a practice to have year round. If this price was embedded in the purchase price and maybe just a minimal annual fee would be much easier for practices to want to continue this service.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Avimark

I have worked at practices that have had both Cornerstone and Avimark. One practice started with Avimark and decided to change over to Cornerstone. This was a mistake in a very bad way. They essentially took a practice that was well balanced and working very efficiently on Avimark. They owned two additional practices that were on Cornerstone (and not functioning well) they wanted all the practices to communicate. They choose to change the only practice that was functioning well to convert over to Cornerstone, and it made a horrible mess. The current practice I am at started on Cornerstone under the old ownership. They were on it for 10+ years. During that time they could never understand the system well enough to utilize any of the features that it had, so there was virtually nothing used correctly. When I came aboard I made my argument to why we needed Avimark, and changed. My background is in inventory management. Avimark I feel is superior in this area. I have even shown the Technicians at Covertus things about the system that they did not know it could do.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Avimark

I hate Cornerstone. This program was developed by persons with accounting backgrounds, not a veterinary background. I think that both things need to be taken into consideration. I think that Avimark is a better product because it takes into account more the veterinary aspects above the accounting. I do feel there is room for improvement, but that is so with any program.

Allison

September 2022

Veterinary Clinic Usage

I use this at my vet clinic every day and I would not change it for the world. Easy for beginners and there are more advanced things you can also do on it. Highly recommend

Pros

Avimark is so awesome. There is so many things you can do on here to make it easier on the business. So many different options. I really enjoy it! And the support is awesome!

Cons

Nothing I don't like. I really enjoy this system.

Ezra

February 2022

Wouldn’t recommend for an advanced hospital

Mediocre at best. It might be sufficient for a very simple practice

Pros

I liked that you used Microsoft word for make the official documents since I have a lot of experience with that program.

Cons

It cannot handle a large hospital. That layout is outdated. It commonly freezes and will sometimes lose data.

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We will provide this information to our product team for review.

Replied February 2022

Cheylee

Industry: Veterinary

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Avimark

Pros

easy to move between patients or windows without losing progress.

Cons

i much prefer cloud-based servers that can be accessed without a download.

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for sharing your review with the veterinary community!

Replied October 2021

Dawn

Great system

This is the only operating system we've used but we are very pleased with the the ease of use and all the features it offers . Although we don't use all the features at this moment it's nice to be able to have them available if things were to change.

Pros

With a clinic full of less than computer savvy employees we all enjoy the ease of use of the system.

Cons

None that I know of. this has been the only software we have used so I don't have anything to base it on.

Response from Covetrus Software Services

So happy you're having a great experience with AVImark. Thanks for leaving a review!

Good but can improve

Overall experience is Love Hate. I appreciate the updates (though not automatic enough) but many of the CSRs need to communicate better or know "business" better. Overall grade would be B-/C+ but certain feature can get actually attain a solid A.

Pros

AVImark software has really thought about it all! So much is available amongst its many features. Integration with online pharmacies, credit card processing, credit providers (e.g., Care Credit et al) reminders, and some collection agencies (among just a few examples of many outside organization types) is excellent once correctly installed.

Cons

The software can certainly be improved. Start with design--forms from the 90s were good in the 90s but not today. There's nowhere to add additional notes with regard to client information, for example and pop up alerts show fine in one instance but not in others; no rhyme or reason. Verification from one screen to another isn't always thought through and getting features that easily exist in Cornerstone, for example, just aren't available in AVImark (or not without extras or add-ins). Reports might be built well for IT administrators but should be better for financial analyses. Searches are simply too complex for the technology that exists today, filtering should be possible within the system but it is sorely lacking (not many or none). Support, for the money is still too spastic where one great CSR at one time is missing the next time. Technology support (of the system vs of the many features) is great but it's not always immediately available and you have to have a "ticket" created. Good luck with that, because you're not always available when they're ready to return the call.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Avimark

Purchased practice and old system was 20 years old.

Jacqueline

April 2022

AVImark

Pros

I used avimark daily at my old veterinary clinic, it took some getting used to but once I was trained I loved it, the refill medications feature was extremely useful, I also liked that appointments on the schedule were color coordinated, everything is easy to access and it keeps a tab of recent clients and patients, appointments were easy to schedule.

Cons

The system just looked a little dated, but that was just cosmetically, otherwise I really liked the system.

Replied April 2022

Industry: Veterinary

Would not purchase, do not recommend

Pros

I do not like this software. Its dated and slow and doesn't perform as well as other veterinary software products. I have used cornerstone and clientrax and both are significantly better. I would not have selected AVIMARK except that NVA made us take this software. The only real pro I can give is that it can handle the basics. We are not paperless, and I cannot imagine going paperless with this software as we have had repeated issues and we are not even using the medical record function.

Cons

Its terribly outdated. It looks like it rolled out in the 1980s. Its not user friendly. You cannot easily move appointments. Dragging and dropping is limited. You cannot copy and paste appointments. The screens open partially minimized so it takes an additional step just to go full screen. Its slow. I cannot view my labwork by clicking on the requisition even though I can see the first few lines, it will then disappear, requiring yet an additional series of steps to view it. I can go on, its a daily frustration using this software.

NVA made us change

Barry

September 2022

Support is the most important aspect of using Avimark

Pleased with their software and updates

Pros

What I said above… availability on weekends and in a crisis

Cons

Nothing except having error messages when computers are shut down for the evening and turned back on the next morning

Easier to perform tasks

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Avimark

Was told that Avimark was easier to manipulate for non technical people like myself

Stacie

Industry: Veterinary

Legacy product that continues to deliver

Easy to use, performs well and anytime I've had the need to contact Customer Support they have been helpful and resolved any issues or questions. Very friendly staff.

Pros

AVIMARK software is one of the 'old school' software packages and handles every step of the workflow from the time the client and pet enters the hospital until they leave; good record keeping features, and ability to plug in to other software service add-ons. Also, AVIMARK includes a general ledger interface that allows your daily revenue to transfer automatically into your accounting software, saving time and ensuring accuracy. Internal Wellness Plans are a big help.

Cons

The screens are looking a little outdated now and they are very 'busy' with lots on information; could probably be reorganized to have a more up to date look and feel.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Avimark

It was the best fit for the practice and practice workflow. Like that it's been around for a while and has a trusted reputation.

Replied October 2021

Sherry

Industry: Veterinary

Easy to learn, easy to use

Overall, I like Avimark much more than some of the other programs I've worked with. It also integrates with IDEXX and with Antech.

Pros

This program is very easy to convert to. My entire staff was able to function within a week of installing.

Cons

The inventory program is little limited compared to some other programs. Quantity discounts could use improvement.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Avimark

Avimark is easier to use. It also is the program that our company uses primarily, and it integrates with the software there. I no longer need to print and send monthly reports.

Heather

Industry: Veterinary

Avimark is user-friendly and effective

Pros

Avimark is quite easy to pick up on even for newer users. The scheduling and record-keeping areas integrate well. When working properly, it is very efficient.

Cons

Quite often we have glitches and error codes when using the software. Sometimes when contacting Avimark support, the technical support people are unsure how to help.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Avimark

We preferred the diverse Report options available through Avimark and having synergy between hospitals.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Avimark

For consistency between sister hospitals.

Scott

July 2022

Does not play well with others

a necessary evil until we can find a better solution. There are worse products out there.

Pros

Phone support is good most of the time, most agents are able to quickly walk you through something even when it should be easy, but isn't.

Cons

Avimark does not play well with most other platforms. Integration between Zoetis Labs is a nightmare, and pretty much any product that is not manufactured by Covetrus.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Avimark

Bought a new practice, but would never go back to Evet - and would advise anyone considering cloudbased to look elsewhere.

Replied August 2022