• Pros

• "Great software for the money. It is very user friendly and support is good."

• "The price is unbeatable. The interface is very easy to learn. The software is constantly improving and the company is receptive to suggestions. "

• "It is easy to use and very user friendly. Makes finding records super easy"

• Cons

• "Some functions are odd or don't seem logical, but when brought to their attention they are quick to address it or say they are working on a change to the process."

• "We have had some difficulties with reoccurring appointments stopping all the sudden. As well as inventory issues. "

• "There are some quirks with some of the software that slows us down some. Some of the preventative care reminders could be improved on. "

Browse Hippo Manager Reviews

Stephanie from Mooresville Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Hippo Manager is worth every cent!

I am very satisfied and recommend it to anyone that is looking for software!

Pros

I just love this software. I went from Impromed Infinity to Hippo after a full system crash. This system is like night and day to Impromed. It is so easy to set up and use. The customer service is also great! They cater to their clients and want our fred back since we are the ones using it in day-to-day operations.

Cons

I think the thing I like the least is that there are no alerts that pop up automatically and you can not all alerts to the client unless you add to each pet under their account.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Stephanie, Thank you for your review of Hippo Manager Cloud PiMS! We are so pleased that you find our software reliable and our service meets/exceeds your expectations. We DO value your feedback. We strive to build a future-proof product that is ready to empower veterinary professionals to thrive. We're ready to incorporate most-requested feedback from our partner practices and build into more features and more functionality. We have an average 99.997% up-time and our clients love that stability and dependability. I'll have our team reach out regarding that alerts so we can be sure we've got what you're looking for, or, log it as a feature request for near-future development. Thank you for being a member of the Hippo Herd!

Serena from Serena Turner Veterinary Services LLC

Industry: Veterinary

I am very happy with hippo!!!

I have been very pleased with Hippo for record keeping. It is so easy to use and I have very rapid access to my patients' records. I really appreciate that they are constantly working to update and improve Hippo. Also, I met the Customer Support at the CVC - great to meet the people who have helped me initially, CSR routinely for technical questions. I also really appreciate that Hippo seems to be actively updated and improved for ease of use and function.

Pros

Overall, myself, my receptionist and assistant/technicians are very pleased with using Hippo. We use it all day most days and having document storage capacity and accessibility is key!! It just seems very easy to navigate and access easily from multiple locations. The customer support has been amazing!! There are a few changes that I think would be helpful and the capability to set up certain types of reminders and service codes that would be really useable for us, which I will include below.

Cons

I am so happy with it overall, that is hard to say but the things I would like to see change, are the number of decimal points/zeros on an invoice after each item. See example below. Seen By: Serena Turner Chart Note: Phone 2019-09-11 08:55:00 Patient Item Qty. Total Gypsy Cefpodoxime 200 mg tablets 20.00000 $47.00 Phone Consultation 1.00000 $20.00 Euthanasia Housecall Large Patient 1.00000 $200.00 Paw Print made by Rolling Acres 1.00000 $25.00 Rolling Acres Private Cremation 50-150# 1.00000 $245.00 I just don't think having anything in the hippo system to the 0.0000 is practical, and it looks strange on invoices as well as pharmacy labels. This same system/issue impacts typing in the quantity on prescriptions for 100 count or more, you have to erase zeros to be able to type the number prescribed. Another thing I think could be addressed is the number of reminders - the top 5 - that show up on a vaccine certificate. If a 3 year vaccine schedule is being used, often the vaccines won't be on that top 5 reminder list so you have to either send multiple certificates or I delete reminders like the Annual Wellness Exam in order to have the 3 year DA2PP date show up, for example.

Reasons for Choosing Hippo Manager

It may have been the initial customer service and response that helped make my decision - I'm sorry I can't remember exactly all of the reasons, but I am very pleased with my choice of Hippo.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied October 2019

Dr. Turner, Thank you for your feedback and review of Hippo Manager. We are dedicated to providing a future-proof veterinary practice management software that remains ready to deliver on the needs of our partner practices and the emerging trends of a highly evolving industry. We focus on our mission of empowering veterinary professionals to thrive by, delivering excellent customer service and making improvements as well as adding new features, a regular part of our day to day operations. Our customer success team is made up of a lot of individuals ready to assist practices in getting the most out of Hippo Manager! Thanks for being a member of the Hippo Herd!

Mary from Bull Creek Veterinary Services, PLLC

Hippo Manager Rocks!

Overall, I am very pleased with it's reliability and the timely improvements that have been made to increase efficiency of the system.

Pros

I like that the company has a sense of humor, but they also listen and take suggestions seriously. The customer support team is friendly and sincere.

Cons

Some parts are confusing and some areas require too many "clicks" to get task performed. Customer support, online manual and help page all aid in getting questions answered.

Reasons for Choosing Hippo Manager

Sense of humor implied by their website and a kinship with all things related to Lexington, Ky.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Dr. Barling, Thanks for providing a review of Hippo Manager. We appreciate you being a member of the Hippo Herd! We do take practice partner requests seriously and our support and training teams are always there to help with any question. We make sure we log feature requests and as part of our constant improvements to our app, we work in practice requests as soon as possible! Are you saying you like our Hippo jokes? Glad you enjoy our sense of humor! We love what we do, so we infuse a lot of light-hearted elements into our approach and our practice management software. :) Looking forward to delivering more growth and improvements your way as we met the demands of veterinary professionals such as yourself and the ever-changing veterinary industry.

Paige from Case Veterinary Services

Industry: Veterinary

Built for the back end not the front end of veterinary

Executive has been great to deal with. Very helpful

Pros

The charting/treatment aspect of the software is really good. Its very intuitive and well thought out. The billing aspect of the program is ok.

Cons

The software is patient based, not client based. In veterinary its not the patient that books appointments, pays the bills or confirms appointments, its the client. The process to find the client info within the patient info is a process, as is adding new patients to said client. Communicating with the client with anything other than a phone call is frustrating. Reminders can be somewhat helpful but the character limit is too low for any useful information to be conveyed. The vaccine reminders or annual recalls are my biggest grievance. If a client has 3 dogs that each receive 2 or 3 vaccines yearly the only way to send out the recall is one item per email per dog. So the client is going to get at least 9 emails telling them that their animals are due. Fluffy is due for annual exam Fluffy is due for annual vaccines Fluffy is due for kennel cough vaccine Fluffy is due for Rabies vaccine Muffy is due for annual vaccines, Muffy is due for kennel cough etc..... There is no way to combine them. Character limit is too low to convey more than just the basic info. Vaccine certificates are also an issue. It will tell you the name of the vaccine but not what they have been vaccinated against. From the management screen you can review who needs to come in [a two step process :( ] but it shows every patient individually and each item for each patient. From here you can send emails but your options for editing are incredibly limited. Oh-outofcharactersnow!

Usability in the field

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Paige, Thank you for leaving feedback regarding our cloud veterinary software. We aim to make the usability and experience for every user, simplified and straightforward and we're sorry we've missed the mark with meeting your expectations. We will have a training team member reach out to you regarding client and patient info to be sure you've got access to best practices and customization options within Hippo. We look forward to continuing to work with you and the team at Case Veterinary. We've also logged your requests for feature enhancements and since we're an agile cloud-based solution we can take partner practice seriously and work it into a priority timeline for a future update. Thanks for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd.

ailena from Lyons Veterinary Service

Hippo Manager is Excellent

Overall Hippo manager has been a huge part of getting my small and lean practice start up off the ground and running. Having a quality medical records system for a low price helped to get our practice up and going. Working remotely was a huge plus with having small children at home.

Pros

I love the intuitiveness of hippo manager use--staff quickly catch on to the software even if they are unfamiliar with it. A plus is being able to upload and store and view DICOM images in the medical records. For quality of the software at the price point offered cannot be beat. Also, customer service is responsive to needs and makes customization when requested. Love working from home too!

Cons

Sometimes the plus icons are a little small if working on a small touch screen such as a tablet.

Reasons for Choosing Hippo Manager

Did a trial of both and hippo was more intuitive to use

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2019

Dr. Baum, Thank you for your review of Hippo Manager. We're so thrilled to hear that it's helping you get home faster and work remotely when you can, versus being stuck in the office. Our team is super response and we're glad you've experienced that first hand. We are always working to improve features and functionality and take the feedback from our practice partners, seriously. Our built-in DICOM viewer with unlimited storage is so popular, we love to see that you're taking advantage of that and delivering excellent patient care with the help of Hippo Manager. Thank you for being a valued part of the Hippo Herd!

Christy from Coshocton veterinary clinic

Hippo review

We have had good experience...we were not previously computerized and this was a pretty good intro. We don't use all the features available but hope to someday.

Pros

It is pretty easy to invoice patients and tech support has been helpful

Cons

We have glitches sometimes with link with credit card processing.

Reasons for Choosing Hippo Manager

Cost effective for our small practice

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied October 2019

Hi, Dr. Nicely, We're so happy to be your chosen software as you moved into a computerized veterinary practice and cloud software. Hippo Manager is robust and full of features that are ready to grow with practices of every size! When you're ready to take advantage of all that Hippo Manager has to offer, all users receive 100% free and unlimited customer service and training so veterinary professionals can be ready to take the next step in business and patient care on their terms. We apologize that there's been some glitches with credit card processing, we've recently completed an upgrade which will eliminate these occurrences. As always, any issues that you encounter, please take advantage of our unlimited customer service and support so that we can resolve the question at hand as quickly as possible for you!

Jessica from CARE Veterinary Services PLLC

Industry: Veterinary

Medical records software for acupuncture/chiropractic practice

Pros

I like being able to set up Hippo manager to meet my practice needs. I can customize templates that are specific to my type of practice.

Cons

There is a patient portal for clients to access, but the veterinarian does not have control of what goes into that portal unless you leave items unsigned. The portal also does not have a separate medications tab for clients so they have to search through every visit note to find what their RX is. The software does not automatically notify clients if there has been an update in their portal so they know to look at it. Hippo manager is accessible on mobile devices, but is not very usable at least on an iPhone. Can access charts, but scrolling through to read them is very difficult. I use the iPhone the most to upload photos and videos.

Reasons for Choosing Hippo Manager

Had more features than Cavanti.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Dr. Marziani, Your feedback regarding our built-in patient portal is appreciated. We take partner practice feedback seriously and make improvements based on this feedback as soon and as often as we can. Additional functions that further improve the usability of the patient portal is a part of our continuous development cycle and your suggestions have been added! Hippo can be used on any mobile device but, you're right, we don't recommend anything smaller than an iPad. If you have other Apple devices that are larger than your phone you can enable airdrop and upload unlimited photos, videos and files from that larger device so that your experience is better. We're happy you're customizing Hippo Manager to better suit your needs and look forward to providing you practice management that continues to improve and exceed practice partner expectations based on industry demands and feedback from veterinary professionals such as yourself. Thank you again.

Kate from Mills Veterinary Services

Overall recommend

I liked the amount of training available for us. The support team is always available, and really easy work with.

Pros

Loved the ease of use, scheduling, and billing flow through. I found the inventory management intuitive, and the point of sale options were flexible for staff and for clients. Easy to navigate, and very easy to train people who are not tech-saavy by nature. We had full user uptake, which gave us much more efficiency in all of our client interactions.

Cons

The veterinary practice is located in Canada, while the software is American. Tax reporting functionalities were not designed to support Canada's tax and accounting needs, so we did have difficulty in getting some of the tax information initially. As well, the Accounts Receivable could be improved by allowing a user to see the AR for a date in the past.

Justine from Veterinary Mobility Center

Ease of use

Easy to use and freedom to access outside the clinic is great. The follow up and reminders need to be improved to be useful and functional. It would be nice to also have the ability to have people have credits on their account display as well.

Pros

I like that we can access the program outside the clinic. The program is pretty easy to navigate.

Cons

The follow up and reminder system is not good. It would be better if we could customize follow up dates and have these alert on a list each day to ones due. Email reminders would be great if we could in each patient individual send an email.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Justine, Thanks for your comments and feedback using Hippo Manager as your cloud veterinary practice management system. Easy to navigate, use and simple to learn is what we aim to achieve with our approach and we're glad Hippo is helping you provide patient care from anywhere. Native email reminders in Hippo Manager are free and unlimited, we do understand that they don't always fit what practices are specifically looking for with their client demographic. In these cases we recommend using automated and scheduled reminders with SMS and 2-way text messaging so that your practice can have a more customized approach you're looking for. We'll have a team member reach out to you asap to demo this feature and see if that will assist your reminder needs. We have many integrations on the horizon for the remainder of 2019 and also for 2020, we're confident you'll find improved reminder and followup features through these and our software upgrades.

Paige from Trenton Animal Hospital

Positives and Negatives

The customer support and online tutorials have been great! Our practice manager is extremely happy with the reports section of the software and the inventory is easier to use than our previous system. However, the cons to the software almost out weigh the pros. It would have nice for a Hippo representative to present for a training day before we went live.

Pros

The online accessibility is very nice. We also take advantage of the unlimited storage and attach all of our lab work as well as radiographs to the patient charts. It has made it easier to show clients the diagnostics in the examination room.

Cons

Items put into the chart do not transfer to the invoice well. We have lost a significant amount of revenue because what charges we thought were transferred from the patient chart to the invoice did not transfer. It also takes a long time to put drugs and charges in for surgeries - we like for our clients to have a detailed invoice including all the drugs. Drug quantities do also not transfer from the patient chart to the invoice so every thing has to be changed manually.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Hi Paige, Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We're loving that you're taking advantage of the unlimited data storage and transferring that agility to giving clients an optimized experience during visits! The challenge you seem to be facing with the items and invoice transfer can be easily resolved. We will have our training manager reach out directly to you to take a look at an example and get this rectified going forward. We aim to provide the best on-boarding for every client for our practice management software and we apologize that we've fallen short of your expectations. Hippo Manager is easy to use and when there are challenges we are ready to face them with our clients which is why we offer unlimited training and support. We will be in touch. Thank you for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd! :)

Elaine from Veterinary Medical Clinic

Overall Fantastic Program

Everyone in the Clinic is able to access the software program and put in their notes without us having to purchase multiple licenses. We only have one Veterinarian, but with our former software program, we had to purchase a license for each computer it was used on.

Pros

Accessibility - I love that people can access it from their phone, tablet, home, etc. Customer Support - The fact that we do not have to pay extra for customer support is a huge plus. In addition, Customer Support is knowledgeable and prompt. Details - The Veterinarian's can put more details in their SOAPs than what they could with our former program.

Cons

Having to learn new ways to do what we did in our former software. I have found that in Hippo we are able to do everything we did in our former software, it is just done a little differently.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Elaine, We're so glad you've made the switch to Hippo Manager. Our support team is poised to help practices such as yours, make the switch and shorten the learning curve. Learning a different way to do the same things is challenging when switching any software, not just veterinary PiMS. That's why we offer support and training on an unlimited basis as everyone has different learning needs. We think that complicating pricing or linking pricing to licenses and then additional charges are not ideal for busy veterinary clinics. That's why we only charge per vet per month and never any upcharges or surprise billing for accessing your secure account on any device from anywhere. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd!

Jody from BluePath Service Dogs

Overall good quality

Pros

Ability to quickly scan each entry for the one you want. Patient page gives excellent Quick overview of the record, although recent update resulted in poor scaling that previously existed so you have to scroll both left-right and up-down to see all widgets. Not just focused on receipts and finances. The medical record component is robust.

Cons

1) Bugs are slow to be addressed and resolved. ( Cant enter multiple vaccines without saving and then reloading the patient page for instance. Still waiting months for fix) 2) Customization of certain fields (diagnoses lists, relationship field) not possible. 3) Vaccine history list printout unwieldy. 4) Entering dates from the calendar function requires multiple clicks if it is a historical date.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Dr. Sandler, Thank you for your review of our veterinary software. We work to make sure that our total practice management solution includes robust features such as EMRs, inventory, checkout and more, as you mentioned. If you are adding multiple widgets to the patient screen to customize your view of the patient data you wish to see, you will have to scroll in order to see all the widgets you have selected. Using a lot of widgets at once does force that page to scroll which is easily done on a tablet, iPad, laptop etc.. We appreciate feedback from partner practices and try to implement suggestions as soon as possible. It's great to see you've been accessing our unlimited support to update areas you would wish to see customized until that can be done on the practice level. What you mentioned about the calendar is on track for a future update! We will have a team member touch base to make sure the reports being printed are what you'd like to see as that has been updated.

Jenifer from Homeward Bound Pets

We like it

I have enjoyed using Hippo and plan to continue using it.

Pros

This has been the most user friendly software I have found for veterinary use. All my receptionist take to it right away. Even those that say they can't work computers can use this program with no difficulty. The customer service is great. They have responded to all my questions and if I need something customized they are willing to try it. I love that I can reach help through email when I need it and I dont have to spend hours on the phone.

Cons

There are lots of report options and they are constantly updating them. Customizable reports would be the only thing I would like so I can search for clients from specific town or with specific breeds.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2019

Hi Jenifer, Thanks for your feedback! Smile abound over here when we saw that both you and your team are finding it so user friendly. Our customer service team aspires to meet your every expectation and we're proud you're seeing that. Thank you for your suggestions. We take feedback very seriously and because we are an agile company that is built for the future, we can often work in client requests that meet the needs of the larger veterinary community. Thank you for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd!

David from Dr David C Otto Mobile Veterinary Service

basic veterinary software

As mentioned, I have duplicate files, records under an owner that are not their animals Because of this I do not yet have a reminder system which I would very much like to have. There was a learning curve, but it did not take too long before I was comfortable with most of the system. One of my employees is good with computers and she has helped a lot and fixed many of my errors without much difficulty

Pros

this is a low cost, relatively easy to use software compared to larger, more expensive veterinary software I looked at. there have been many improvements and expansions since I started using it in the spring of 2016. My practice is small and this worked well for me by being easy to use.

Cons

I had difficulty adding new clients to the software, and as a result have many duplications. Also had trouble with individual records for 1 owner with multiple animals. Some of that is my computer inexperience

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Hi Dr. Otto! So great to hear we've been the best solution for your mobile practice. We HAVE done so much since 2016 and just you wait - so much MORE is to come :) We're constantly updating, adding features and more functionality. We will have our team reach out to you regarding the duplicate clients, we will make sure we help you get it sorted out. It's an easy fix with instructions that your staff can complete, but our team is here to help! Thank you for your review and for being a wonderful practice partner!

Katharine from Mertens Mammals, LLC

Hippo Practice Management Software a good deal

This is my first experience with digital medical records and I have been overall very pleased. Hippo includes a lot of functionality on top of DMR, including tracking inventory, invoicing, and scheduling. Any moments of frustration I've had are compensated by excellent, prompt customer service/tech support. I think the dollar value for this product is excellent.

Pros

Hippo is a robust product with excellent customer service and support. It can take a while to figure out the details of how to use the program efficiently, but customer support is always extremely responsive and helpful. I have found the software to be better and better the more I use it. Being cloud-based has been a very useful feature.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to know if the current patient is active or if the screen needs to be refreshed to display current info. The learning curve is a bit steep as a new user, but once one gets the handle of Hippo's system of "templates" then usage is very efficient.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hello Dr. Mertens, We really appreciate your detailed notes and feedback regarding your use of Hippo Manager. We're so happy that you've used our five-star rated customer service and support to overcome and obstacles that you've encountered. Using templates and item kits and avoid missed charges. We know that once the chart templates/travel sheet templates are created at a practice, revenue increases as missed charges are almost all but gone! We're proud to offer robust features that are continually upgraded and added to. We're so glad you're part of our continued growth and look forward to always providing you the tools to complete excellent patient care alongside practice profits.

Shaylin from Riverstone Vet

Hippo Software

overall the experience with the software itself is great my staff love it and its easy to use. helped so much with cutting paper down. i do wish the support was better especially for how much you pay.

Pros

I like that is very appealing to eyes, i like the icons for all the different options, very easy to train staff on, i like that they give you online video tutorials to learn how to use the software.

Cons

Wish there was a bit more customization of forms and medical charts. I find the hippo software tech support never gets back to me when i email them, I wish the software was linked to like abaxis blood machines and idexx xrays so all the medical records are online and im not having to go between softwares

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Shaylin, So glad Hippo has helped you go paper-lite at your clinic! So much is built so that practices can see patients from anywhere and take care of business, including payment, without the need for paper! Idexx is integrated into Hippo Manager, we will have a support team member reach out to you to get that set up for you asap! Abaxis is not far down the line as our integrations are growing rapidly, you'll see so many more added in 2019 and going into 2020. Sorry to hear you've experienced delays with our support team. Our NPS score is above the industry average and we're proud of that so we'll be sure to make sure you have the same experience going forward. Remote learning is 100% included and free. Glad to see you're utilizing all the videos and 100s of hours of self-paced learning using LITMOS :) Thanks for being a valued practice partner!

Victoria from Morriston Veterinary Services

Industry: Veterinary

Great startup practice mgmt program

As a from the ground up practice with minimal capital this is a very budget friendly option

Pros

Ease of customization, low price and ease of use

Cons

No local download option and minimal lab integration

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2019

Dr. Caccavone, Thank you for your feedback. We love that you're customizing Hippo Manager to suit your needs and that you've found it to deliver on your needs as your grow your practice. The great news is, Hippo Manager is future-proof. When you're ready to grow your business, you have access to all the built-in features and functionality you'll want to use down the road, with no penalties on adding patients, using more storage or adding more users. It's possible to download a lot of items as original file types and PDFs if you'd like to use that feature. Hippo Manager does require an internet connection and any device that will run Safari or Chrome. We're working on adding more lab partners to the mix and since future-proof is already mentioned you can be sure we'll be adding more and more. Thank you for being a great partner practice!

Kristi from Graceful Departure Pet Center

The best choice for us

Now I can check reports, enter medical records, view charts, everything from anywhere as long as I have an internet connection.

Pros

Its great for mobile practices and exam room checkouts. Its customizable, easy to use, and cost effective. Customer service has been excellent. And the training videos and live (online) training have been very helpful. Their support center is responsive and open to ideas.

Cons

My previous medical record database had a glitch and couldnt transfer to Hippo. Thats not Hippos fault.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Kristi, We really appreciate your feedback on our cloud-based practice management software! So many features are customizable to suit individual practice needs so we're glad to hear you've put that to good use to increase efficiency at Graceful Departure. We offer unlimited training and support with access to hundreds of hours of online remote learning opportunities. We take partner practice feedback seriously, we address concerns immediately as well as add client suggestions to our update list as often as we can! We are able to evolve because we are agile and can move with industry and client expectations quickly. Thank you for being a valued part of that life-cycle. We love having you as a member of the Hippo Herd.

Brian from Best Friends Animal Clinic

Cloud Based Record System Still Growing

Satisfied given shared clients between two locations.

Pros

The ability to use on any device with internet access.

Cons

Some of the redundant features and lack of intuitive shortcuts.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Hi Brian, Thanks for your review! We appreciate you letting us know how you're using Hippo Manager and how others would benefit from our full service cloud veterinary PiMS. Working on any iPad, tablet or mobile device with an internet connection is so convenient for our veterinary friends not just for patient care but for better work-life balance. Take a look at customizing your quick-links so that you can get to what you do faster and the layout is customized to suit your intuitive needs. :) Thanks for being a part of the Hippo Herd!

Elizabeth from Midwest Animal Rescue

Industry: Veterinary

Easy to use and great cust service

Hippo is easy to navigate and the customer service is super helpful if there is a problem

Pros

It is easy to use and very user friendly. Makes finding records super easy

Cons

Sometimes user error can create issues if a wrong button is pushed. You cant have a chart note open in more than 1 location or not all data will be saved.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for your feedback on Hippo Manager! We love that you're enjoying our five-star customer support team and that we've delivered on our promise of easy to use and simple to learn veterinary software. Charts in Hippo Manager autosave, however, it is definitely the best data entry practices to have only one user in a file at a time. Having multiple users in a file encourages errors and mistakes like accidental overwrites. One edit open at a time prevents a lot of unnecessary data errors and headaches down the road. You can have multiple tabs of Hippo Manager open at once so you can go between scheduler, patients and checkouts for different patients, however, working o the same file at the same time is not best practice. That sometimes takes getting used to :) We appreciate your loyalty and being a part of the Hippo Herd! Thanks again for your feedback!

Stepping out

Pros

This is an awesome ground floor vet software, and they work hard to update it to what is needed constantly. The price e is PERFECT, and the Cloud capability makes them even better!

Cons

Some of the needed updates are frustrating to work around, such as nesting items within 1 charge, refilling scripts and signing charts easily, but we know they will eventually be available!

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied July 2018

We're so glad that you've acquired Hippo Manager as a software solutions provider that has a competitive price point, is simple to use and increases efficiencies, at your practice. We DO work very hard at constantly upgrading and updating our software to exceed industry standards and our veterinary practice partners expectations. Some of the small frustrations you've listed will actually be updated and refreshed very soon in mid-late 2018! We're looking forward to sharing our continued improvements with you and appreciate your partnership, business, and time it took to provide feedback.

Morelba from Systems Tekcare / Cotorrita Veterinary

Hippo help us a lot!

We were looking for a program offering support for a busy veterinarian. We were also looking for support and information when using it. We were comparing prices and quality and Hippo was the best option in the market.

Pros

The program contains all features that a Veterinary needs for having information about our clients and their pets. We use it in our daily work and the information is clear and quickly available. We have main information about the patient at a glance. It is very useful.

Cons

It is not easy to change from one client to another. Sometimes we write information in patient data that belongs to another.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Helping veterinary professionals thrive is our mission and glad to see we're fulfilling that with Cotorrita! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Hippo Manager. We have a future-proof product that can evolve alongside the demands of our veterinarian partners and the industry. We have a beautiful, easy to use interface and have customization options that get practice staff to what they do faster, in less clicks! We appreciate you being a valued member of the Hippo Herd!

Connie from Pet Country Housecall Veterinary Services

Affordable and user friendly

I have a much better handle on inventory, and I love how all records and patient/client info are so organized and accessible, and automatically backed up and saved in the cloud

Pros

My favorite feature is the To-Do list, a complete list of all records, etc, that still need to be completed and signed; super easy to see it all at-a-glance and go through it.

Cons

When preparing a client's invoice, there's no way as of yet to easily and accurately deduct a product from inventory that you don't want printed on the invoice; you can make a "kit" to nicely group products/services but it still lists each item on client's invoice; for instance, I wish I could list "Euthanasia" as a service for x amount, then have each inventory item associated with that service pop up so I could put in drug amounts used, but keep those items from being printed on the invoice.

Kym from Snobby Pets Vet

I really like Hippo and am happy with the software

Pros

Price competative and great features, haven't experienced much down time with software, development is ongoing which is great and I'm happy to pay extra for more features.

Cons

It's got a few issues with layout for Australian users..... addresses, phone numbers etc. my google calendar is not working and has been intermmittently addressed and not resolved it would make a huge difference to my daily scheduling. It does have huge potential in the Australian market but needs a few tiny tweaks.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2018

Kim, Thank you for your honest review on how we can better serve our Australian practice partners. We will absolutely work on these features as we continue to evolve and grow our product for the US and global market. Development is ongoing and we've added stronger functionality to built-in features versus "frankenstein-ing" our software with tons of integrations. We're focused on building the basics of practice management, better, with stronger core functionality and we're glad you're happy with the outcome of this goal as we move forward.

David from HomeHeart Vets

Robust cloud PIMS

Overall, Hippo provides great functionality and great value. It does exactly what we need it to do. The support team are also very friendly and are always willing to help.

Pros

Hippo is easy to use and relatively intuitive. It allows all of our vets to access the system from wherever they are. As an ambulatory practice this is a critical feature.

Cons

As with any software, it can take a while to get used to using the system. There are more features than we actually need/use but that's not really a bad thing!

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Dr. Birse, Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to leave your feedback about Hippo Manager. We're so happy your ambulatory practice is enjoying the accessibility of our robust cloud PiMS! We're dedicated to providing the best and most value for our veterinary partners through our intuitive practice management software. Our five 5 customer service and support maintains above average NPS scores and we're so pleased you're experiencing that. Thanks again for your review and for being a member of the Hippo Herd!

Keri from Mule Mountain Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

So far all has been pretty Pleasant

So far I'm further educating myself within the software but I am learning and intrigued

Pros

What I like most about the software is that there is a vast variety of things that can be done meaning that there is plenty of resources and areas that can be utilized within this program. To wear everything or a lot of our information can just be contained or stored in one area.

Cons

I don't like that we can't add or subtract things on our own that we have to contact hippo to do so. Such as wanting to add our own soap forms or our own euthanasia forms it doesn't give us the option to do so or to edit such forms to our own liking. They also say that they're supposed to be less clicking done of the mouse in this program but it appears to me that there is more or a lot of unnecessary clicking needing to be done.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2018

Hi Keri, Thanks so much for your review and taking the time to give us your feedback. There are so many resources and built-in features to our software, that's why we offer unlimited training and support to try to make sure you're utilizing all the areas that are applicable to your job and practice needs. With every software update, we are working to reduce your clicks in Hippo Manager, we're careful to balance familiar veterinary workflows in software with streamlined processes so that we can deliver a product that meets expectations of many. We're focused on efficient software that's easy to use and simple to learn so, our training department will be reaching out to you to discover anything we can assist with to help you get the most out of Hippo Manager! Thanks again!

Jessica from Anna wellness center west

Dvm review

Pros

Ease of use and ability to add new prices for services and medications

Cons

Each update causes glitches Now I cannot sign my notes until the tech has put in charges or else I cannot sign off the rx Would like different soap templates and surgery templates

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Hi Dr. Bahl, Thank you for your feedback. Our cornerstone is ease of use and glad you're expericing that first-hand with the exception of what looks like some small issues we can overcome with training. Our head of training will reach out to you directly regarding the templates you mentioned (we have many and they can be created and customized by the user too!) as well as cover any other items you'd like to report. Thank you for the service you provide the community at Anna Wellness - we're huge fans of your work and love that you're a practice partner.

Andrea from Keswick Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Yes we're still learning the program....

Pros

Our Doctor really likes the templates for the notes.

Cons

You don't have access to pull out information from the data base. IE to make a list of email reminders, search out all dogs over 1 year of age, etc

Reasons for Choosing Hippo Manager

It had a good price. It was internet based -we have 2 locations. The support was very responsive.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Andrea, Great to see you're taking advantage of unlimited training and support to continue to get the most out of Hippo Manager. As a full-service cloud practice management solution we know that it can take time for practice partners to use the many built-in features to really optimize the business and patient care. Chart templates are a popular cornerstone of Hippo Manager. These can save massive amounts of time when charting and these custom-built for your practice travel sheets can be completed by our support team, or easily done within Hippo by one of your staff. Chart templates are a big reason Hippo Manager practice partners are able to reduce missed charges and recover otherwise lost income when checking out a patient. We're so glad Keswick is part of the Hippo Herd, thank you for your review!

Jose Armando from Cruz Veterinary Services, Fajardo PR

Our staff love to work with Hippo!! Is easy to use and have great functionalities. Recommended!

Pros

The software is easy to use and have a great customer support team that are willing to help. Once I asked for a customized rabies certificate and they didi it for our clinic!! Try it! It is a very good software that will satisfied your needs because always are creating new features to make your work easy and complete. And the most important thing for me is that is user friendly!!

Cons

For me the time I have to waste writing with limited typing skills. We will try the new voice recognition system very soon !!

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2018

Dr. Cruz, We've been thrilled to have you grow alongside us and we're so glad we're satisfying your needs to help you deliver that top-notch patient care that you do, in Fajardo! We are always updating and adding new features and we're so glad to hear that you're taking advantage of them. We're so glad you're a part of our Hippo Herd and we're excited for the growth yet to come!

Meghan from Sleepy Dog Veterinary

Sleepy Dog Veterinary Review of Hippo Manager

Overall Hippo works really well. There are just a few things that just don't make sense to us.

Pros

The ease of scheduling in Hippo is fantastic. It is very modernized and customizable for our practice and we appreciate that.

Cons

It is not the most user friendly software in terms of things that would help office/clinic flow. The inventory has been a long issue with Hippo and we are just finally getting it back on track. We also struggle with how to set up our schedule so there are blocks for where we should and should not schedule patients. It is very clunky. There are a ton of steps for things that really only need one step. When you adjust or change things in a scheduled appointment it does not switch the active client over and just leaves it as the previous one even though you are doing work for that specific client. We also do not like that we are unable to print off certain reports or fix things in our system without contacting Hippo support and it would be much quicker for us to address on our own.

Anthony from Parkside Animal Hospital

Veterinary Software

Pros

It is easy to navigate. I have been able to teach my employees the software with minimal amount of training. There are often updates and new features that continue to improve the experience.

Cons

I don't know if it's my problem or the software but I struggle with keeping my inventory accurate.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Anthony, Thanks for your review of Hippo Manager! We love that you've found it easy to use (our goal) and that you're enjoying the constant updates and feature upgrades so that we always enhance the user experience! We'll be in touch with you about inventory. We'll make sure you get a custom training session and have access to all the resources about inventory management and control in Hippo Manager. Thank you for being a wonderful partner practice!

LESLEY from animal clinic of estill county

Hippo

Pros

The consent forms that are printable straight from the system. The ability to read all the chart history notes right in one spot.

Cons

The invoice not saving automatically and payment options changing back to cash automatically.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Lesley, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review of Hippo Manager. Our goal is to provide an easy to use and simple to learn practice management system that tailors to the wide range and evolving needs of the veterinary industry! Though our charts auto-save, invoices do not auto-save and you do need to click "update invoice" in order to save any changes made to that invoice. The default payment method is cash in the POS. It's easy to select other payment methods including partial, credit card, check, and more from the drop-down. Simply toggle between the different methods when you are updating the invoice and always click "update invoice" to save any changes. Thanks for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd!

Leigh from Seasons Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Tracking taxes needs to be fixed before you consider this software

Until it gets its ability to track taxes fixed, this software is going to set you up for trouble with the CRA. I have 2 taxes, RST (provincial sales tax) and GST. The report that keeps track of how much of each we have collected has broken 3 times in the 8 months we have been using the software. Currently it is listing the 2 taxes separate on the invoices, as it should, but it is lumping the total of both taxes together when I run the end-of-day reports. I am going to have to go through and print off every single invoice from the past month and enter it into Excel. If you want to use it for billing, this software is a liability until this issue is fixed.

Pros

Medical records are straight-forward. To-do-list allows me to find all the medical records I need to finish from the day, which is great for me. Ability to store documents (labwork, previous files) and radiographs is nice.

Cons

It seems to be completely incapable of keeping track of how much tax my practice has collected

Reasons for Choosing Hippo Manager

Cost, recommendation of a colleague, looked good on the demonstration, and it could handle 2 taxes

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Leigh, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about Hippo Manager. Regarding the tax area, taxes are accurately tracked in the Balance Sheet and with an update dated this week, we will have released a NEW tax breakdown report for practices using multiple tax types. This will remove any confusion for practices who have the tax breakdown in the Balance Sheet but would like to see a more detailed report. This is a great example of how we take feedback very seriously. We're agile enough to be able to tackle suggestions on an ongoing and priority basis. Thank you for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd! We enjoy working with your team.

Danielle from Beacon Falls Animal Hospital

Hippo Review

Pros

It is generally intuitive to use and has an easy learning curve, the reporting is straight forward, customer support is friendly and responsive. I like that there are constant improvements being made, and think I will be happy in the long run with this program. Integration with Idexx has been helpful for us too.

Cons

There are several functions that don't work as intended, and many glitches that sometimes slow down using the software: The search bar does not allow you to look for patients with special characters or spaces in their names. Some examples would be "representative" which won't pop up with the space in it, or we treat some animals from local shelters which are often identified by impound numbers "File #18-597" would be an example. The print all button on the records does not actually print all of the records- it leaves out the CC and the doctor's signature- both are important to include when sending records elsewhere (the tab to print an individual record works fine). There should be user options like "receptionist, assistant, or technician" for the records-, or everyone should have an individual ID for recording chart notes- it is cumbersome that I have to go back and sign charts related to phone calls that receptionists take or medication refills dispensed by technicians- it just makes more paperwork for the doctor. There are also some glitchy problems sometimes with double clicking appointments to bring up the patient record- the "resource" spot doesn' t always autofill so it freezes up the computer. Sometimes we have had appointments disappear from the schedule, and occasionally we have been filling medications for one patient, but the charges were going into a different patient's chart that remains open in the background (we have screen shot of this if you wish to see)

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Hi Dr. Larsen, Your detailed feedback is appreciated and we will have our support team log these issues as well as reach out to you directly for a resolution as fast as possible. Hippo Manager is built to be future-proof, we will only have more integrations, more features and more improvements as we grow alongside our veterinary partners and anticipate industry needs. We will get these issues handled for you promptly and look forward to your updated review. Thank you for being a valued member of our Hippo Herd

Amanda from Comforts of Home

Industry: Veterinary

Great option for mobile vet

Portability, integrated records/reminders/meds/invoices.

Pros

I was first attracted to their customization and that, since it was cloud-based, it was very mobile, and compatible with my tablet. What I truly love and value beyond words is their customer service - when I have questions, they are quick to provide help and remedies; when I needed basic help, I knew I could call but found the video tutorials and quick help section were usually sufficient. Thanks to the ease of use and customer service, I went from paper records to full digital functionality within 2 months.

Cons

Anything I haven't liked, customer service has worked to find a solution. I know record autosave and one-click email of certificates and summaries is on the horizon.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2018

Hi Dr. Pike! We love that you're taking Hippo Manager out in the field and enjoying the customizable features inside the software. We're proud of our customer service and support team and are thrilled to hear that we've delivered on our promise of excellent customer service. We offer many ways to take advantage of our unlimited support and training and are always updating our self-paced learning videos as well as our software features. YES! We've already added chart autosaving to Hippo Manager since you've written this review. :) Looking forward to continuing to grow with you, so happy to hear we've been a part of you moving totally paperless with Hippo Manager!

Shawna from Albright Veterinary Services

Hippo Practice Management

I am able to track inventory/sales records/store medical records effortlessly/view detailed reports and set my own customized macros!

Pros

This system is easy to use/understand/learn. Available across any device, anywhere/anytime. Customer care/support is outstanding.

Cons

The scheduler, but they know this and are working on updates. They take recommendations seriously and work to change items that may need better flow.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Hi Dr. Garner! Thank you for your review of Hippo Manager! We work hard at taking requests and recommendations seriously. We listen to our practice partners by implementing suggestions and feedback up to 96% of the time! We're focused on continually rolling out more features and functionalities to suit the needs of all veterinarians across a variety of disciplines. Thank you for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd we enjoy working with you!

Sarah from Lifetime Pet Center

Great Cloud Software

With any software switch there are growing pains, but we are finally settling in and tech support has been awesome. Not to mention all the help from our reps! Everyone is always available and ready to help, especially our rep - who helped me with the final data migration and worked late to help me after close so we could be ready to go live the next morning.

Pros

It is simple and unburdened by excessive, unnecessary features like a lot of practice management software. It is compatible with anything you want to use: desktop, cell phone, tablet, laptops... When combined with a laptop and wireless card readers it is a great perk to check out clients in the room so they can leave straight from the room, and not worry about standing at the front desk to check out.

Cons

There is no boarding scheduling outside of adding a resource into the main appointment calendar (we used to schedule by date and kennel size). Also, there is no way to have a procedure code (with reminders attached) also take out inventory. (Example: you charge the client for an annual vaccine as a procedure so an annual reminder goes into the system- there is no way to also take that out of inventory with a hidden line item). Though, I did recommend this as a new enhancement, so the development team is always open to suggestions!

Elaina from Larkspur Pet Hospital

Cloud based Software

Overall I am very satisfied with the product. It does what I need to run my business.

Pros

I like the cloud based option and that we are not being shared with other companies. This software has its weaknesses like any other software but they are constantly improving. For a small practice like mine it is perfect and fits my budget. This software is very easy to navigate.

Cons

There are some functions missing that could make work smoother. The vaccination records given and Due dates should be combined to one window. It would be nice to be able to order preventative care from this menu. All the sub windows should be larger. Some upgrades have caused issues with some other functions such as saving a picture.

Lynia from BVSPCA

Pleasantly Pleased New User

Overall, Hippo is an easy to use software that I would recommend. Small updates would be nice to be able to compete with the large veterinary companies hospitals that have better communication opportunity between the veterinary staff and the client.

Pros

This software was very easy to use especially for a new user. I did not require much training and was able to navigate through the program with no issues.

Cons

It would be great to have the ability to send and receive text messages to and from the clients that will also link to their individual accounts. Also provide the client the availability to allow clients to review their pets medical record and book their own appointments from home.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2019

Lynia, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Hippo Manager. Getting up and running as fast as possible is something we know is important for our fast-paced veterinary clinics so our PiMS is driven by adapting to that environment. We'll be sure we've touched base about our text messaging integration with Zipwhip. No leaving Hippo Manager and texting is unlimited, records all chat messages, two way and offers picture and video messages too. Stored in the patient file. It's a new integration as we're always adding partners and additions that serve the needs of our diverse practice partners. Thank you again for your review. We appreciate you being a member of the Hippo Herd.

Kristin from Granite Creek Veterinary Services

Hippo Review

I've been very happy with the training and the technical support; very important to me because I'm not a computer person! It's taking some getting used to, but overall it's a nice upgrade from our previous server-based system.

Pros

Easy and intuitive to use; can access from any device at any time.

Cons

No functionality in offline mode. As a mobile vet, I find that at least 2-3 times a day I have to save info and enter it later due to poor internet connectivity where I'm working.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Dr. Wallace, We're so glad that our customer success team has helped you overcome any technical hurdles movin from server to our cloud-based system. We're here to help with unlimited support and training always! Heading to see patients where there is no internet can be challenging for mobile vets. We're glad that you're still using the total mobility of Hippo and updating data when you get back "online". You can also run Hippo from a cellphone hot spot. So, if you have cell service, you can open a hot spot and connect Hippo Manager that way to stay online. As cell networks grow, going into areas that offer no service for internet will be obsolete. Thanks again for being a part of the Herd. We appreciate you!

Alicia from Moon Mobile Veterinary Services

Industry: Veterinary

Convenient portable hospital management system

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use Great for housecall practices

Cons

Slow customer service Took a couple of months to get patient portal running

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Dr. Moon, Thank you for reviewing Hippo Manager. We really enjoy providing your mobile practice with an efficient, portable hospital management system. Sorry the patient portal experience was not what our clients are accustomed to seeing from our team. We believe have the best customer service and team, and want to be sure to deliver on that belief every day. Thank you for being part of the Hippo Heard for more than 2 years now!

Marie from Woodstock

Industry: Veterinary

Hippo is a great software and very easy to learn and use!

We were able to go from mixed paper and digital records to all digital. Saves tons of time.

Pros

My favorite part about hippo software is how easy it is to learn. Also I love how it is cloud based.

Cons

Things I don't like about hippo is that you can not edit the forms provided on the system. For example the dental chars you have to print them and scan them back in. I also do not like how you can merge duplicate owners and duplicate patients.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2018

Hi Marie, Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and provide valuable feedback to our team here at Hippo Manager. We're so glad we're accomplishing our goals to provide easy to use and simple to learn cloud veterinary software. We will have our support team reach out to you asap and get your duplicates taken care of. Be sure to take advantage of our unlimited support and training anytime when you run into any issues. We appreciate your partnership, thanks for being part of our Hippo Herd!

Tish from Ridgeview Animal Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Nice idea from someone who has never worked in a fast paced vet's office.

Pros

The idea of the software is awesome. Invoices look nice. Being cloud based.

Cons

Not versatile, have to go through company for everything (such as adding a dog breed). Having to go through customer support is a lost cause, you get sent to someone else and forgotten about. Constantly changing. Have their own forms but you have to pay if you want them changed and it takes 3 months to do. Can't pull different items from one inventory. Doesn't work with small and large animal practices. Can't just update weight without adding an entire chart note. Doctor has to sign everything (every medication, every chart, etc.) Everything you do has to have a chart. Monetary aspects are a disaster (discounts don't work, bulk payments mess up, have to individually close every invoice, credit on acct doesn't roll over, multiple cash payments really mess it up,etc.)

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the candid feedback. We're so sorry to hear your implementation isn't meeting your expectations. We typically have highly rated service and we will reach out to meet with you and better understand the issues you have experienced. The application is highly customizable by users with the right access levels. We can hopefully learn more about these issues in our follow-up discussion. We provide over hundreds of reports with customizable parameters as part of your subscription, but If you require additional customization we provide a few reports/forms at no charge and any beyond that for a very nominal fee. Record signing authority can be delegated within the clinic to multiple users and doesn't have to rest solely with your veterinarian. As for the inventory, discounts, bulk payments and invoices, we will have our training department reach out to you so we can better understand why experience varies so greatly from the majority of our other customers. Thank you

April from Kindness Counts

Industry: Veterinary

Hippo Software for a high volume spay/neuter clinic

Hippo has been great for tracking clients and their pets. It's easy to add or change a pet's owner, chart notes, and track payments. The daily scheduler is great and easy to use.

Pros

Great for managing patients, adding additional pets to a client, and managing the treatment notes

Cons

There's no way to customize a specific report for an item or items of interest. The report section only charts the top ten used.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied September 2019

Hi April, We love to hear that we're fulfilling your needs as a high volume spay/neuter clinic, and thanks for the work that Kindness Counts does for the community. Being easy to use and simple to learn is a goal of our practice management software, so glad to see that it's been that way for you. Our training manager will reach out to you regarding reports. There are views you can complete in the reports where you can dynamically search for an item and filter to see specific items. Reports will also show all items for the given criteria. We'll get this sorted out right away, looking forward to helping you use more our of robust reporting section! Thanks for being a part of the Hippo Manager Herd.

Linda from Waggin' Tails Mobile Vet

Industry: Veterinary

Great cloud-based software for mobile practitioners

It's a good way to stay organized; overall it has been very helpful and (as previously stated), the support/training team is VERY patient.

Pros

Easy to navigate between screens, widgets are eye-catching and helpful, cloud-based, affordability, training and support team is Excellent!

Cons

NO sign-on-screen available for procedures/euthanasias, few small things like tablets are written 15.0000 instead of 15 (on prescription labels), I can't enter problems myself (there are a lot that aren't on the official list), I can't select the scheduler default screen myself (prefer the "weekly" view), the reminder process is clunky and time consuming.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Dr. Kent, As always your feedback is appreciated and we love that you're getting the help you need from our five-star support and training teams! The ability to sign-on screen is coming soon! It is on our list of priorities for upcoming development. Not to mention that the reminder process is currently undergoing an overhaul. We're looking forward to showing you these enhancements! I will have our support team reach out to you regarding the other items so we can get the scheduler resolved and help you optimize your screens with custom layouts and quick-links so you can get to what you do faster! How great it is to have you as part of our Hippo Herd.

Nissa from Greenacres Animal Clinic

Hippo Manager Review

Pros

I haven't been using Hippo very long, but the things I like about it are as follows: - Ease of use, the program seems very intuitive. - Lack of the up-front costs of many other vet software programs. - Good customer support; I've had no problems getting questions answered. - Good educational videos - the videos are short and to the point for each subject covered.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints at this point; I am opening a new clinic in a couple of weeks and will be using the program more fully at that time.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2019

Dr. Gese, We're so excited that you've chosen Hippo Manager as your preferred veterinary software partner. Easy to use and simple to learn is how Hippo Manager sets itself apart from the competition and having it be as intuitive as possible is part of that picture. Our team is ready to help with unlimited and free training and support we will be ready to help you as your business grows. As you get to know more of Hippo Manager you'll be able to pull custom reports on revenue and new client growth as well as have access to our integrations and add-on features with veterinary partners you want to work with. We're looking forward to a prosperous partnership and love having you become a part of the Hippo Herd.

Hippo. Inexpensive. User Friendly. Quick to learn.

Pros

The UI is very easy to use. It is accessible on multiple devices. Priced very well. Cloud backup.

Cons

Creating packages and figuring a way to work the inventory numbers and pricing without staff finding out would be great. Some more in depth administrative features would also be great. More options on what to give access for and what staff shouldn't be able to do. Roles are too vague.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review Hippo Manager. We work very hard at creating an easy to use and intuitive product that separates us from competitors. We also take the time to log any feature requests from our users so we can shape the future needs of our software around those of our veterinary partner practices. Thanks again for your review, we're focused on empowering veterinary professionals to thrive and glad we're doing just that!

Anna from Sandy Paws Mobile Veterinary Services

Industry: Veterinary

Working with the customer service reps has been wonderful. They have addressed my needs.

I was able to hit the ground running with this software with my new mobile practice. There was some initial set up that took time, but overall it was very easy to implement. There are always links to iron out and I am still learning, but overall it is a good product for what I need.

Pros

Ease of use on the road. As a mobile vet it gives me all of the important features that I need. Managing reminders, attaching previous records to the patient. Having a patient view to view allergies, vaccines, visits. The scheduler can be customized to how long a visit will be from 15 minute increments to 60 minute increments plus. Having a very receptive support team to help trouble shoot problems. My contact was always willing to help not only though email but also conference calls to see where we were struggling.

Cons

As will all software packages there is always room for improvement. I would like to be able to print one sheet of vaccine and preventative care reminders (useful for boarding facilities and groomers), it can be a little slow to load in sometimes, entering item kits is not intuitive but a great idea for items that can have multiple reminders such as the vaccines. The mobile interface with my phone needs improvement. Documents do not automatically open, they have to be downloaded to the device you are working on.

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied October 2017

I know Clay followed up immediately after receiving the review but we wanted to to also follow up here. Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We appreciate the kind words and we appreciate the constructive criticism. We can address some of your immediate concerns. One sheet of vaccine and preventative care reminders - Under your Client Forms widget you can print off the Check-in Sheet and it will contain all of the information you are looking for. You can change your browser settings so the attachments automatically open by using the following instructions. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213030?hl=en Thanks!

Sara from Avs vet express

Hippo

Pros

The paper lite. That you can access it from anywhere

Cons

I dont believe its user friendly. It takes a hundred clicks to do anything

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied June 2019

Hi Sara, Thanks for your review of Hippo Manager. We love that you've found our software paper lite. We offer clients the ability to cut away from the printer to do things like email invoices and estimates, communicate 2-way with text messaging and import and view lab and medical information from anywhere, anytime! We're sorry you're finding some areas a little click heavy. We focus on reducing clicks within the app so users can get to what they like to do faster. We will have the training team reach out to you to make sure you're using quick-links, customizing the home screen and more, so you can reduce clicks where it suits you. Thank you for being a part of the Hippo Herd!

Katherine from Pet2vet

Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to use and if you have an issue it's very easy to find an answer by contacting them.

Cons

I would like to be able to access all pets in one family easier. It would be great it Hippo talked with other programs like VCP

Response from Hippo Manager Software

Replied May 2019

Hi Katherine :) We appreciate you taking the time to review Hippo Manager and provide valuable feedback! We aim for excellent customer service and live that mantra every day by achieving above industry standards NPS ratings - we're so glad you're experiencing this first hand. We're constantly adding to our integrations list and always listen to client preferences so we can determine a better priority that serves our partner practices. When accessing all the pets in one family, we do have the most dynamic searching features within our app on the market. You can locate all the animals searching by the client and then open each pet up under multiple tabs so you can work on them separately. Multi tab functionality is unique to Hippo Manager! It's a great way to work on multiple things at once and save to separate records. Thanks again and thanks for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd!