All Covetrus Impromed Reviews

Paula

Reviewed December 2020

Impromed versatility and user friendly

Very helpful for non serious issues but sometimes scheduling an analyst to address major issues must be determined on the availability on their schedule. (this usually is addressed quickly) but I must still wait for a callback.

PROS

The Technical support is excellent! I have used other software systems and knew what I needed this system to do. Technical support help train me on this system and was extremely patient and helpful when I had question about a function

CONS

My biggest concern would be a diet link that would let us view the diets only on a tab. This is not available right now on this version but would be extremely helpful in a patients history search.

Reason for choosing Covetrus Impromed

I was not employed here when Impromed purchase.

Sanjay

In house vs Mobile versions

They have been trying to get the mobile edition to appear similar to the non-mobile but still not finished. I'm going to try a different way to use the program and see if that helps.

PROS

When I bought the practice, there was DOS version of the software which was difficult to use in a windows generation. When we upgraded to the windows version, there is multiple ways to do each task which helps various employees to do their work in their learning style.

CONS

The mobile addition is supposed to run the same as the regular version but after a week of using it, there has been numberous problems using it. Unsure if it would work better if didn't need to sync with my other brick molar practice version that has been operating during the day with the associates seeing patients or if both used the same database. The problems are: the program not loading modules the same, giving the blue "circle of death" constantly, delayed opening of screens and kicking out of the program during operation. The other problem is the customer support: if you get someone it helps but if you need them to call back due to long wait times, they won't call back until the next day. IF YOU CAN, STAY ON THE PHONE LINE! Otherwise they don't consider you a priority anymore = "squeaky wheel gets the oil". When it comes to DICOM integration, it took over 4 months to get medical records to list the images and I still don't think the actual images come up in the rooms, but COVID made that unnecessary for now.

Reason for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Previous DOS version and seeing the windows version at state convention which the previous [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] refused to upgrade since he refused to spend money on anything!

Kirby

Reviewed April 2023

So many difficulties with this software

Very disappointed overal;.

PROS

I do not like this software, but cannot find a good alternative.

CONS

There are numerous modules that do not function as promised and despite bringing this up with tech support over and over, little effort in made to improve them. We were told that inventory just didn't work when you have multiple storage locations (like ambulatory trucks), so after investing significant time switching back to central supply and giving up on tracking inventory in trucks, found that it doesn't even work well in this situation. Cannot keep up in real time. Want lists are not accurate. Virtual white board not functional. Wellness plans module is also not functional (cannot appropriately track these from a financial standpoint) so we have also had to throw in the towel on this, and not for lack of investing a signficant amount of time to try and get it working. Tech support often knows less about the software than we do, so rarely able to get timely help.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

Cornerstone did not offer mobile functionality.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Covetrus Impromed. Your feedback matters and will help to shape our veterinary portfolio and our mission to keep veterinary practices thriving. We will pass this on to our product team for review.

Replied August 2023

Thomas

Infinity Software

I found the support team excellent over the years to handle problems and the development team listens to our concerns and when a patches or an upgrade comes it usually addresses those concerns. From the sales team to support teams they really do their best to help you get the right software for your clinic and resolve any issues.

PROS

The software Infinity is excellent, it takes the average new employee about 2 month to get comfortable using the software after training and has to be supervised because there is so much for the employee to learn ,especially employees working reception and inventory. Their service and support team are excellent they handle trouble issues quickly are extremely polite and professional. The senior support team are very knowledgeable and are your back up in real problem solving issues that might arise. Of all the software we have tried over the past 43 years. this is the best on the market. As an administrator this software does it all that I need to run a company successfully . I hope this helps you on your decision on the software to use for you Clinic or Hospital. Take care Thomas Fleming GM, CVDSM Inc.

CONS

Training time to teach a new employee to grasp all the different features but once trained they seem to catch on to the routine. A manager I need reports and they have many to choose from but when I have a staff meeting and need simple graphs showing how we are doing not available. As a manager when software upgrades come it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 hrs to install the software in the practice and you have to become very knowledgeable and comfortable to install this on off hour with their support team.

Reason for choosing Covetrus Impromed

I found that Infinity did more and was more professional software to handle all our needs.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

To many problems and poor support

Fredrik

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Veterinary support software, good but room to become great!

We are happy with the software, but it's mostly because there is no better competition. The top competitors have some things better, but other things not so good. Would recommend this software to any medium or large size practice. Suggestion for new feature would also be a id card login system, so that with computers in each exam room, the computer is locked when the tech is leaving the room and fast and secure to login when the tech or doctor is back.

PROS

This is a software with many good functions, integrations with multiple other systems such as Idexx etc. We have customized "vetnotes" and start to see positive effects in our hospital due to this. Easy Time works well and medical records is also well functioning.

CONS

One important thing with a practice software is to be able to set reminders for different users. So you can have "call backs" or tasks that needs to be done set to individual users or groups. Now there is on list that can't be customized at all for a regular 3 doctor practice use. "Easy Time" is a good tool, but setting up a booking calendar that for instance have color coding in the background for different use of the time slot, for instance annual, nurse or problem appointment slot is very hard to setup. Would be great with a template that you could import for a standard week and make minor adjustments as needed, now you have to set up each block for each column induvidually, can only select day, week or month for one slot... Very time consuming. Also, we use the plug in reminder system to be able to have clients book certain appointments directly online etc. which is great, but the system is not very flexible. Lot's more to ask about there when it comes to control of number of annuals per day, etc. The software is very sensitive to network connections. We tried to use laptops for portability, but even with a Sonic Wifi system, we couldn't maintain a good enough wifi in our building to not have any interuptions, which means that you have to close the software and open up, login and open up every module again. Would be great with a standard set of modules opened up automatically depending on what user logs in.

Reason for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Price and at the time Impromed was owned by a smaller company, now it a big corporation as well as Idexx which is normally no good for us small businesses. We will see how this goes.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

We used Intravet and their customer service became unavailable and the updates further and further out from each other. Changed to VIA and their support was better, but not available enough to even get the basic functions up running smooth... We then changed over to Infinity and support was good, after a while new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] came around and the support disappeared for a while and started to come back when it now is sold again and most of the time you get a ticket that they will come back to you when they have time to work on it, which is very painful when you feel that it's minor thing that you should have help with right away. All staff is professional and helpful, but many of them too new at the job so they always have to talk to more senior staff members to solve the problem.

Brandy

Versatile Program w/ Some Kinks

When we first chose to get Impromed in 2016, the customer support was fantastic. This was a huge factor in our choosing this product over others, because as a new user we knew we would have some hiccups. Since then, the support has gone downhill quite a bit, especially in terms of consistency. Sometimes when you call in, you get an excellent technician who knows exactly what you need and helps you quickly and efficiently. Other times the person fumbles about and you can tell that they just aren't as knowledgeable, which often leads to frustration for the customer and the technician needing to escalate the problem, which does not lead to an immediate transfer but instead to someone having to call you back (which can be difficult in a busy practice). This would certainly be understandable if it was a really complicated issue, but sometimes I know what needs to happen (I'm just not personally skilled enough in I.T. to do it) and the person just doesn't even know as much as I do.

PROS

I love that it's very user friendly for daily users on the front end. Adding items to medical records and invoicing are very easy aspects of the program. I also like how customizable everything is.

CONS

Because of how much the program can do, some of the more advanced functions of the program and the setup options can be confusing. There are also some very basic kinks that could be worked out, but I'm not sure that those items are on Impromed's agenda. Overall, those few things don't hinder our overall use of the program.

Reason for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Cornerstone didn't respond to me when I reached out for a demo. AviMark and IntraVet didn't seem as advanced or capable as Impromed (demos left something to be desired - I have since used AviMark elsewhere and found it to be a capable program, but with its own limitations, and I prefer Impromed still even after learning AviMark). I liked IDEXX Neo, but it was just in its infancy as a program and I didn't want to be one of the first users of a program that was so important to our practice. I loved VIA and it was the runner up because it was so user friendly and visually appealing. In the end Impromed won out because I had heard that VIA didn't have the best customer support and that people who had the software would often have to leave messages and wait a week or more to hear back, which seemed scary to me as a new user and someone who would likely need a lot of support initially. I'm not sure if that was accurate or not (or what their support is like now), but that concerned me enough to choose Impromed (our old program was also an Impromed product, so I was very familiar with the support and really liked how helpful they were at the time).

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

DVM Manager was no longer being updated and we needed a more robust program with comprehensive electronic medical record capability.

Riki

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2019

Impromed

Overall it was wonderful. Towards the end it was hard to use but that was because our hardware was extremely old and we couldn't update to the newest version without buying all new hardware which the practice owner couldn't afford to do. BUT that said, the functionality we had was great.

PROS

Just to start - Our practice USED to use Impromed Infinity - in 2016 we changed to Cornerstone due to budgetary concerns of our practice owner. That said, I miss infinity. It was so much easier to use, I hate having to tab through Cornerstone for everything. Infinity had a written script option, I could (with password protection) change invoices from one doctor to another, we could do year over year by month reports of inventory. The boarding module was spectacular, I feel like with CS I am back in the stone age. I loved it.

CONS

The only thing I can remember having issues with, was some of the reporting functions that the owner wanted. Client retention etc. But otherwise the modules were great. I also absolutely loved the message center - I am in charge of client billing and that is where I stored all of my notes on the different issues I had.

Reason for choosing Covetrus Impromed

better functions and modules. It could do more than any of the others at that time.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

At that time, Infinity had much more funtionality than the other software we looked at which was Cornerstone, DVMax, Intravet and I forget the other.

Hello Riki! First off, we miss you too! It sounds like your team utilized a lot of the great features within ImproMed. You'll be happy to know we improved our reporting, and continue to improve, especially around client retention. We also now offer a patient recapture program that brings back lapsed patients-- and practices are only charged upon performance, AKA when patients come back. Talk about a game-changer. Give us a call, we'll be happy to have you back. We want you to be part of the new Covetrus family! All the best!

MaryKay

Impromed

Overall a good medical software but could use some improvement with support.

PROS

Easy to use and is great for detailed medical records.

CONS

Took years to find out why it was slowing down at the top of the hours. Was sure it was because of their hourly backup and it was but was always told by support that it was some other reason. Was very difficult getting support that new the software that was able to find the backup issue and fix it.

Reason for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Other practices in the are used Impromed and was able to see it working before purchasing

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

Too many issues with that software. Harder to use.

laura

Impromed for Dummies

Reports are great and easy. Our inventory control is reliable and it is easy to spot problems. Client communication is improved.

PROS

I purchased this software with the intent of going paperless for medical records and at the time Impromed was the best one available for this - it has the capability of doing do much stuff that we would use every day. The common reports available are easy to access and if there is a report or a search that we would like to do, impromed comes up with a search that works for us. Inventory management is complex but once mastered is a tremendously powerful tool.

CONS

Whenever we have a windows 10 update (not optional as to time or place) come through, it tends to either crash our server or cause problems with all of our printers and other connections. Other than that, we rarely have issues with the software.

Reason for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Again, impromed had better inventory capability and better paperless capability

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

At the time DVMax was cumbersome and the inventory capabilities were minimal

Brent

Reviewed November 2020

Great Software.

Great program. Updates have been helpful and customer service is getting better. Before HS purchased Impromed the customer service was stellar then became poor but now has improved significantly and very helpful. I’m thinking it was a transition thing.

PROS

This software is very easy to use and has so many features that I probably don’t even use most of them but are nice to have the option to use if needed.

CONS

Steep learning curve at first but eventually you recognize there is 5 different ways to do the same thing and you build a routine.

Reason for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Staff had experience using it and just seemed better than the cornerstone product.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

Needed a more powerful program as the practice grew.

Allen

Reviewed September 2019

Impromed Practice Management Software

We began using computers in our practice in the early 1980's. Of the ones being promoted at that time we were most impressed by the features and people behind the system called CompCare, developed by Dr. Dave Allard and Dr. Kent Kruse. Since then we have watched our practice management software evolve and grow not only with our practice but with current technology and current trends in operating a busy veterinary practice. As in our earliest days of introducing a computer as a tool for keeping track of day to day duties and tasks, even today, one of the best advantages of using ImproMed software is the excellent support that we receive from the many technicians that are available either a click or phone call away. We have become so dependent on our practice management software, having such a dedicated team to turn too when problems arise is an extremely valuable resource.

PROS

We have been with ImproMed since it began and our computer use has evolved along with each change and enhancement with regards to both software and hardware. ImproMed is used extensively throughout our practice and is extremely helpful in tracking everything that we do from appointment scheduling, patient management and record keeping to financial management, accounting and employees.

CONS

The medical records portion of the software has been a recent challenge to us, but one that we are currently learning and slowly becoming more familiar with. Although we have had the capability of using this feature over the years, we had opted to continue keeping hand written charts on all of our patients. Now that we are seeing the need to fully utilize this feature, the least liked thing is the extensive time required to key in all the notes. ImproMed has come so far over the years, we are longing for the day when it will be able to read our minds thus making this task much more effortless!

Hello Allen, thank you for your detailed feedback. It's always great to get specifics on how we're hitting the mark, and where users see room for improvement. We're honored to have you as a customer since the beginning.

Kris

Impromed User since 2012

From preinstall preparation to use over the past 8+ years, we have been pretty happy with Impromed. You have some of the nicest tech support people and it's a pleasure to work with them. Since this was a new practice, we had no database conversion to deal with thankfully!

PROS

Generally very intuitive to use. The financial reports generated are great to use. (now if I could get the team to balance at the end of day, I'd be doing good!)

CONS

The Inventory Module needs serious revamping: The out of stock bin in the inventory module is a waste of time as it affects the total inventory value and you have to go digging to find the issue. The Inventory Category report needs to be accessible at any time after the close of the month. Currently if you miss printing it you're out of luck. Everything else seems to be date dependent...not Inventory. Also needs a count sheet for when performing a large scale inventory count without killing a ton of trees. Not everyone has a bar code reader ( or needs one) but there's not a count sheet that doesn't include it. Also there needs to be a way to "hide" products no longer in use or in the hospital so that you are only looking at active inventory in ALL THE REPORTS. I can go on, but you get the idea

cost, etc

Karen

Reviewed June 2021

Needs major updates

Cumbersome and clunky. We are definitely able to use the system, but it is not reliable. Daily I hold my breath in trying to figure out what is going to go wrong today. There are so many improvements this software needs to make it more user friendly.

PROS

I like the appointment scheduler the most in this software, the different colors make it easier to look at in a glance. I like that it can communicate to Idexx equipment and other programs. I like the idea of intellient inventory if it worked appropriately

CONS

It is not user friendly. The training videos are outdated, it is next to impossible to get someone on the help chat feature consistently as well as when you call. The updates are not very helpful. It does not feel like there is any user feedback when these are done. Most frustrating - Why do the treatment plans, not become part of the record so we can easily print the notes and time stamps to give to referral hospitals. This is a big miss It is extremely outdated, it runs slow, sometimes does not even come up when loaded even though we have a fast server. Reporting is very difficult. It is not really labeled in a way to be able to find the information you need. Too many glitches and not frequent enough updates Not cloud based. We have to practice up to date medicine we should have up to date software Setting up admin users and accessibility is really difficult. I still can't figure out if there is a master area of allowances or do we really have to change it for every individual person as to who has access to what.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We will provide this information to our product team for review.

Replied August 2021

Patty

Reviewed June 2020

Great software for our practice!

I am very pleased that we chose Impromed. From installation and initial training to ongoing technician help, it has been a great experience.

PROS

This software is easy to use. When it was first installed there was a rather steep learning curve for us since no one in the office had used it - but it was worth it! There is so much included in the program to make day to day tasks easier and the program is always getting better with the upgrades. The Inventory Module is one of my favorite. It is also nice that there are different ways to through the system depending on the task. The help desk is fantastic! When I call in with a question or problem it is usually handled with the first phone call. I believe the best experience I had was when the computer had a hard shut down (due to my error!). It happened at night, but Impromed had us up and running using the back up by mid-morning the next day! The technicians are very helpful and polite. I am very pleased with ImproMed.

CONS

A better inter-office chat system would be nice. Also, I find that the Communication/Search module is a bit cumbersome. Lastly, I seldom find what I am looking for when using the Help - Contents/Index/Search section.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

DVM Manager was no longer going to be supported and we were wanting a program that was easier to use and more integrated with the internet.

Jacqueline

Reviewed March 2022

Impromed

PROS

This software is kind of hard to use and get used to, I switched from Avimark and still prefer Avimark, Impromed is a lot of steps to get one thing done, but I do like that everything requires initials, that way if there is an error it is easy to find who is involved.

CONS

It is very difficult to refill medications, in avimark you were able to refill straight from the chart by right clicking and hitting "refill" impromed is a little more difficult. It is also hard to change any errors with patient processing and refunds are also multiple unnecessary steps. It took me a long time to get used to impromed. I also dislike that all appointments are the same color, in Avimark everything was color coded so you knew which appointments were vaccines, which ones were sick, which ones were euthanasia's and things of that nature, with impromed if you don't hover over every appointment you don't know what they are being seen for.

New job

Replied April 2022

Xochitl

Reviewed September 2019

Happy with Impromed

More user friendly than any other software I’ve used. Tech support is most always friendly and helpful which is also better service than other softwares we’ve used.

PROS

Ease of use makes it easier to train new people and access new features when upgrades occur. Looks nice as well.

CONS

Unexplainable glitches that can interfere with daily routine but are not explained by tech support. For example, if the computer refreshes while someone is selecting a patient’s file it defaults to the previous patient, thus charges and records get put under the wrong pet. Time is lost having to re-enter everything.

Cost

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

Not happy with tech support services and hard to use new features without being shown several times how they work. Also being told different things about the same problem from different tech support people

Thank you for your feedback, Xochitl!

Janee

Reviewed November 2020

Impromed

At first glance it's an exciting software because of what it does offer. Unfortunately the true usage wasn't explored enough before we converted. The sales pitch outweighed our gains. We do believe it has positives but unfortunately we haven't been able to utilize them due to lack of need. Plus support is not always the easiest to reach when needed or they neglect to return and/or follow up on calls.

PROS

We appreciate the complexity of the software even though it doesn't necessarily suit our business. The reporting is good and the level of accountability is good.

CONS

We have encountered issues with billing that seem to be non-intuitive. Removing products from an invoice that was already issued also removes them from the history of the client. Also, this software if way to complex for a small business. Way too many "clicks" to accomplish simple tasks.