• Pros

• "this software was easy to navigate and the layout was not overwhelming but clean and simple."

• "The ease of use and customer service are great. "

• "Modules are fairly easy to navigate and understand, easy to use overall, which is nice for first time users. "

• Cons

• "At one point we wanted some reports that weren't available but now with the enhanced reports it helped with this issue. Not fond of updates but it is a necessary evil."

• "Sometimes it can be confusing when making corrections to concluded invoices"

• "Glitches occur with all programs... that being said, in Infinity some modules, only a few, do not have the ability to print. "

Browse ImproMed Infinity Reviews

Els from Verzijlenberg Veterinary Hospital

Life and Sanity Saver

Benefits: Very comprehensive; covers everything we are looking for Accuracy! Time saving! Excellent tech support!!

Pros

This software is very comprehensive, which in turn makes a smooth transition more challenging. However, for the same reason, it is hard to outgrow this software. Impromed is able to cover (almost) everything under the sun.

Cons

Impromed is very comprehensive and the first six months will probably be frustrating. I think we did not have enough training before we started using the program, and that caused a lot of distraction away from the patient and towards figuring out how to use this new program. I would like to get rid off saving on server drive and having to buy a new server every so many years (it looks like we have to look at a new one after two! years). Instead, I'd like to have the option to save in "The Cloud" and never run out of space and speed.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

Article in veterinary magazine that compared all software programs available at the time.

Response from Covetrus

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your thorough review, Els!

Riki from Newtown Vet Hospital

Impromed

Overall it was wonderful. Towards the end it was hard to use but that was because our hardware was extremely old and we couldn't update to the newest version without buying all new hardware which the practice owner couldn't afford to do. BUT that said, the functionality we had was great.

Pros

Just to start - Our practice USED to use Impromed Infinity - in 2016 we changed to Cornerstone due to budgetary concerns of our practice owner. That said, I miss infinity. It was so much easier to use, I hate having to tab through Cornerstone for everything. Infinity had a written script option, I could (with password protection) change invoices from one doctor to another, we could do year over year by month reports of inventory. The boarding module was spectacular, I feel like with CS I am back in the stone age. I loved it.

Cons

The only thing I can remember having issues with, was some of the reporting functions that the owner wanted. Client retention etc. But otherwise the modules were great. I also absolutely loved the message center - I am in charge of client billing and that is where I stored all of my notes on the different issues I had.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

better functions and modules. It could do more than any of the others at that time.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Riki! First off, we miss you too! It sounds like your team utilized a lot of the great features within ImproMed. You'll be happy to know we improved our reporting, and continue to improve, especially around client retention. We also now offer a patient recapture program that brings back lapsed patients-- and practices are only charged upon performance, AKA when patients come back. Talk about a game-changer. Give us a call, we'll be happy to have you back. We want you to be part of the new Covetrus family! All the best!

Erich from Lavitt Animal Hospital

Not what it used to be

Before Henry Schein bought this company and software, I thought this was a great product - which is why I introduced it to our practice 2+ years ago. Having struggled with it since, I would not recommend this software to anybody. Save your money and get a different software -- there are several with the same features that run more smoothly and have better support.

Pros

The appeal of Impromed is the potential for customization to suit your practice. It also contains numerous features, but I'll get into that more in the Cons section.

Cons

Support for this software is non-existent. Get ready to open your veins for an expensive 'tech support' package that they'll inevitably push down your throat if you want any patches/fixes or updates to the software - and it's riddled with bugs and errors. When you can even get someone from tech support, 80-90% of the time they are unable to fix the problem you have. Most seem to be inexperienced with the software in general, meaning they will need to escalate to a higher level technician who will more than likely not call you back. New features that their webinars superficially demonstrate without getting into practical use...expect that tech support will know no more than you. Get ready to be a beta-tester for free. Although it has lots of modules - each to address a certain feature practices have asked for - most of them do not work well together. This is part of why the learning curve for new staff is so high and your practice manager will struggle to make things more streamlined for them. There are many ways to do the same task in this software, but this usually results in confused staff. The software is not very efficient, meaning its going to run very slowly on anything other than a 4+-core PC. The latest updates have made the software even slower.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied November 2018

Hi Dr. Roush, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We agree that ImproMed is customizable to suit the needs of your practice. We're sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with Support and the varying features of ImproMed. I've shared this information with our Executive, Product Management, and Support teams. If you ever have additional feedback you'd like to share, please email it to us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Shannon from McPhillips Animal Hospital

Support staff very helpful

We've been using this software since 2011, and I do appreciate the continued improvements that Impromed makes. We have recently updated to the latest and we are hopeful that any glitches we were experiencing will be solved.

Pros

The support staff has really improved over the years as well. Overall the software has served us well.

Cons

Glitches seem to be an issue. I'd like to be able to search and create reports for more than is accessible.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

I was not involved in the choice at the time. I believe it was for the unique options the software integrated with.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Shannon, thank you for providing your feedback!

Allen from Sebring Animal Hospital

Impromed Practice Management Software

We began using computers in our practice in the early 1980's. Of the ones being promoted at that time we were most impressed by the features and people behind the system called CompCare, developed by Dr. Dave Allard and Dr. Kent Kruse. Since then we have watched our practice management software evolve and grow not only with our practice but with current technology and current trends in operating a busy veterinary practice. As in our earliest days of introducing a computer as a tool for keeping track of day to day duties and tasks, even today, one of the best advantages of using ImproMed software is the excellent support that we receive from the many technicians that are available either a click or phone call away. We have become so dependent on our practice management software, having such a dedicated team to turn too when problems arise is an extremely valuable resource.

Pros

We have been with ImproMed since it began and our computer use has evolved along with each change and enhancement with regards to both software and hardware. ImproMed is used extensively throughout our practice and is extremely helpful in tracking everything that we do from appointment scheduling, patient management and record keeping to financial management, accounting and employees.

Cons

The medical records portion of the software has been a recent challenge to us, but one that we are currently learning and slowly becoming more familiar with. Although we have had the capability of using this feature over the years, we had opted to continue keeping hand written charts on all of our patients. Now that we are seeing the need to fully utilize this feature, the least liked thing is the extensive time required to key in all the notes. ImproMed has come so far over the years, we are longing for the day when it will be able to read our minds thus making this task much more effortless!

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Allen, thank you for your detailed feedback. It's always great to get specifics on how we're hitting the mark, and where users see room for improvement. We're honored to have you as a customer since the beginning.

Xochitl from Valley of the Moon Veterinary Hospital

Happy with Impromed

More user friendly than any other software I’ve used. Tech support is most always friendly and helpful which is also better service than other softwares we’ve used.

Pros

Ease of use makes it easier to train new people and access new features when upgrades occur. Looks nice as well.

Cons

Unexplainable glitches that can interfere with daily routine but are not explained by tech support. For example, if the computer refreshes while someone is selecting a patient’s file it defaults to the previous patient, thus charges and records get put under the wrong pet. Time is lost having to re-enter everything.

Cost

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Xochitl!

Sarah from NORTH SHORE FAMILY PET HOSPITAL

Colorful and easily customized

I'd give Impromed an 85% overall. Software support could be improved- the persons on the inside support team are nice, but not always able to solve issues & their follow-up is lacking for ongoing issues/tickets.

Pros

Colorful and easily customized. Many ways to accomplish same task- easy to 'click around' and figure things out on your own.

Cons

"Refresh" and "Lock" buttons are right next to each other. Cannot have modules open in quadrant pattern. Not the best credit card integration program- cumbersome & difficult to process returns/refunds. Not the best electronic white board.

easily customized

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hi Sarah, Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear you find ImproMed easy to customize. We have a strong focus on continual improvement within our support organization. I'll be sure to forward your feedback on. All the best!

Rachel from Takoma Park Animal Clinic

Inpromed Review

Overall, the software has managed to do what it is created to do in our practice. The issues I have already list are our main issues with the software.

Pros

I like that the software is user friendly, multiple functions available, and tracking system (although some reports are confusing & not clear) I also like the fact that it is customizable.

Cons

Accounting functions and the ability to get quick response from customer support about specific explanations about accounting issues. I do not favor the message function (pertaining to leaving messages for doctors, rx refills, etc.). I think it should be a better way of doing this.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Rachel, thank you for your feedback. We agree that ImproMed is user-friendly and provides many robust features. I've sent your improvement comments to our product management team for consideration. We are always looking for ways to improve workflows. Thank you again! All the best!

Rebecca from Lakeshore Veterinary Specialists

Great for general practice

Overall it is a great system for general practice.

Pros

This software is great for utilization for general practice. There are many features and ways to achieve the same outcome from modules, which is extremely helpful as many employees do things differently.

Cons

Reports are unreliable or extremely difficult to understand. Customer Service is very slow and many times have closed open tickets without any updates. It would great to be able to see tracking of a ticket placed.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Rebecca! We love that you recognize and utilize the versatility of your ImproMed software. If you're ever interested in additional ways to use your software--we can help. I've also shared your concerns surrounding the reporting features and Customer Support with our Team. If you ever have questions or additional feedback we'd love to hear it! Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Nicole from Western Veterinary Group

Industry: Veterinary

ImproMed, the best clinic software

It's really the best clinic software I've used. I've had experience with Cornerstone, ImproMed, AviMark & VCA software. It's hands down my favorite of them all.

Pros

The ease of use and customer service are great.

Cons

The only thing I can really think of is that there are just SO many features that we have not yet taken advantage of because we haven't had the training on it all yet.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied November 2018

Hi Nicole, Thanks for your feedback! We agree that there is a lot ImproMed has to offer. If you ever have questions or need help learning more about the possibilities available, please reach out to us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com! We're happy to hear more about ImproMed and your practice.

Brandy from Brush Run Veterinary Clinic

Versatile Program w/ Some Kinks

When we first chose to get Impromed in 2016, the customer support was fantastic. This was a huge factor in our choosing this product over others, because as a new user we knew we would have some hiccups. Since then, the support has gone downhill quite a bit, especially in terms of consistency. Sometimes when you call in, you get an excellent technician who knows exactly what you need and helps you quickly and efficiently. Other times the person fumbles about and you can tell that they just aren't as knowledgeable, which often leads to frustration for the customer and the technician needing to escalate the problem, which does not lead to an immediate transfer but instead to someone having to call you back (which can be difficult in a busy practice). This would certainly be understandable if it was a really complicated issue, but sometimes I know what needs to happen (I'm just not personally skilled enough in I.T. to do it) and the person just doesn't even know as much as I do.

Pros

I love that it's very user friendly for daily users on the front end. Adding items to medical records and invoicing are very easy aspects of the program. I also like how customizable everything is.

Cons

Because of how much the program can do, some of the more advanced functions of the program and the setup options can be confusing. There are also some very basic kinks that could be worked out, but I'm not sure that those items are on Impromed's agenda. Overall, those few things don't hinder our overall use of the program.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

Cornerstone didn't respond to me when I reached out for a demo. AviMark and IntraVet didn't seem as advanced or capable as Impromed (demos left something to be desired - I have since used AviMark elsewhere and found it to be a capable program, but with its own limitations, and I prefer Impromed still even after learning AviMark). I liked IDEXX Neo, but it was just in its infancy as a program and I didn't want to be one of the first users of a program that was so important to our practice. I loved VIA and it was the runner up because it was so user friendly and visually appealing. In the end Impromed won out because I had heard that VIA didn't have the best customer support and that people who had the software would often have to leave messages and wait a week or more to hear back, which seemed scary to me as a new user and someone who would likely need a lot of support initially. I'm not sure if that was accurate or not (or what their support is like now), but that concerned me enough to choose Impromed (our old program was also an Impromed product, so I was very familiar with the support and really liked how helpful they were at the time).

Julie from Iowa Veterinary Specialties

Employee Friendly

We are close to 85% paperless in our Emergency department and this has made a huge difference in the details. The information is retrievable and very easily accessed saving time and money. Would not consider changing systems. Use is so easy and understandable that you can onboard new hires with ease.

Pros

Impromed is one of the easiest software to use. We put it in place and began usage back in 1990(?) before paperless was even a thought. The software has been enhanced but has not changed in any major way since we started. It's ease of use has remained constant. Upgrades have been consistent with the needs of the time. We have very few things we want it to do that has not yet been achieved. Constant Quality Improvement continues throughout the 30 plus years we have used this software with excellent customer support. The Medical Records and Invoicing modules are better than most. The Intelligent Inventory has made keeping track of inventory much easier, invaluable.

Cons

We started so long ago that any computer system would have been cumbersome. The ease with which we can train our ever- evolving staff saves both time and expense. We run across minor things over time that we would like to have included and give this information to Impromed who may or may not include in future updates. We do have difficulty emailing from Impromed at times but overall there is very little that we are displeased with.

Cost and ease of use.

Joanne from Applewood Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Good software suffers from poor support

This is a good software that could be great if the company actually listened to its customers and implemented suggested changes. When I recommend it to others I do so with an asterisk that customer service is lacking.

Pros

Generally easy to use, often offers multiple ways of performing a function which is nice as people have different ways of learning and working. There are some functions that we kind of take for granted but that help us run more efficiently such as the Recents Lists and Quick Search.

Cons

Software support is the worst! Since we're on the west coast chat support is often closed when we need them. When I call their first response is to want to login and do/fix what I'm asking about, which of course is quicker for them but does nothing to help me learn how to do it myself so I don't have to contact them next time the question arises. Support is very spotty: some techs are great, others do not have adquate knowledge of the product. There are multiple issues within the software that it seems would be relatively easy to fix but the feeling seems to be "it's always been like that" and so they're not fixed. Issues that impede efficiency (for example, having to get completely out of a report screen just to change the dates on the report, instead of offering a back button so all data doesn't have to be input again). In some cases it feels like something was done because it was easy from a coding perspective but in actual usage it is very inelegant. But when these are pointed out it is typically met with a shrug and the aforementioned "that's just the way it is" attitude. Change is excruciatingly slow. The last update ruined our ability to easily ascertain how many new clients we've gotten within any given time frame, which is a critical metric for our continued growth, and the problem has been acknowledged but as far as I know nothing has been done to correct it. Communication in this regard is also lacking.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

Preferred some of ImproMed's security measures over others.

Kristen from West Coast Equine medicine

Industry: Veterinary

Could be a great product, but has some issues

Pros

Overall the layout is good and easy to learn and is in a logical place. Invoices are easy to create and there is a decent selection of reports to choose from.

Cons

Patients with split billing are a nightmare. On statements, charges for split billed patients are listed in a very confusing way and it doesnt' list what percentage each owner gets billed for. Our clients complain all the time and don't understand what they are being charged for. also, if there is a revision that needs to be made, the next statement doesn't give details on what was changed or what horse it was for, it just shows misc charges/credits at the end of the statement. Not helpful at all!! Syncing laptops to the server take forever!!! The usual sync takes about 1.5 hours and sometimes more. Yes we do the document sync, but I don't know why it has to copy every single file every single time. It needs to just copy over the new items and skip everything that it already has. The report selection, while decent, could be better. There should be more options to choose from for each report. Mobile units cannot add new cities or other certain new info into the database. clients out in the field cannot get a receipt with their full correct address until after the info has been added through the office server. It just looks tacky and is a waste of our time to have to go back and revise things. After almost every "update" there is at least one computer that has a problem. Something always seems to go wrong and I have to pull the computer from the field so my vet has no computer to work from for an additional day.

Angie from Gentle Doctor Animal Hospitals

Multi-practice user

As a multi-practice location we would be lost without the ability to have on central client database to use at all of our locations.

Pros

I like all of the integrations with this software. The software is updated on a regular basis. The ability to customize the features of the dashboard to each user or group.

Cons

We do have more needs for multi-business features. There are some items on our wish list for the inventory module.

MaryKay from veterinary

Impromed

Overall a good medical software but could use some improvement with support.

Pros

Easy to use and is great for detailed medical records.

Cons

Took years to find out why it was slowing down at the top of the hours. Was sure it was because of their hourly backup and it was but was always told by support that it was some other reason. Was very difficult getting support that new the software that was able to find the backup issue and fix it.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

Other practices in the are used Impromed and was able to see it working before purchasing

laura from Animal Care Center

Impromed for Dummies

Reports are great and easy. Our inventory control is reliable and it is easy to spot problems. Client communication is improved.

Pros

I purchased this software with the intent of going paperless for medical records and at the time Impromed was the best one available for this - it has the capability of doing do much stuff that we would use every day. The common reports available are easy to access and if there is a report or a search that we would like to do, impromed comes up with a search that works for us. Inventory management is complex but once mastered is a tremendously powerful tool.

Cons

Whenever we have a windows 10 update (not optional as to time or place) come through, it tends to either crash our server or cause problems with all of our printers and other connections. Other than that, we rarely have issues with the software.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

Again, impromed had better inventory capability and better paperless capability

Kerrie from Community Care Veterinary Clinic

Impromed

Overall good. Its overall keeping tract of our clients patients medical records.

Pros

It's easy to keep track and answer our clients questions with improMed. I also use lab screen and other templets that can ease my documents on our patience. Its also nice to have the emailing features so I can get the information to our clients immediately.

Cons

The inventory and product side of this software is complicated. I also wish it will tell me where I'm at with needing to reorder our inventory. The Templates with prescription labels and reminders we seem to always need a IT person to help us. IT help can sometimes not followup with us when we need something not as immediate can be pushed aside and not followup. Transactions take a long time with the credit cards.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied March 2019

Thanks for reaching our and sending your feedback, Kerrie! We agree that ImproMed provides a lot of great, easy to use features that make it easier to run your business. While inventory can be complicated to get in to a rhythm, we have a great Training Team that knows the best practices and is here to help. In fact, we did a webinar focused specifically on inventory. We would love to put you in touch with a Trainer who can help you and the team sort out some of these areas. If you're interested in learning more, reach out to us at the email mentioned below. If you ever have questions or additional feedback we'd love to hear it! Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Cathe from Montesano & Tallarico, DVM , LLP

Industry: Veterinary

review of impromed software for mobile practice

Overall I like the program, but it is not user friendly. I wish that they could simplify /streamline so that it was not so complicated.

Pros

1. Can work on road with laptop and synchronize when back at office 2. travel sheets 3. lab integration 4. bundles 5. credit card integration

Cons

1. Company never addresses problems that mobile practitioners have with their platform. eg they recently updated software so that images can't be uploaded onto laptop on road and don't open if out of office. So now I have to come back to the office to download images. Tab button doesn't work for weight. names with Apostrophe's put a capital S in the animal database(name). 2. Any forms or certificates with an image shows up as large black box if printed from laptop when out of office.3. Split billing module unusable4. coggins integration module unusable 4. Large animal diagnosis list totally incomplete 5.Too many steps to complete certain functions 6. was told images could be uploaded to improview on cell phone, but it is only the image of the horse in the data base. Not the images in the medical records 7. Images in medical records- only one will show up if printing records . so if there are 4 images, they have to be individually be reentered

Shannon from Fond du Lac Veterinary Clinic

Lacking support, but functional

Significant lack of communication between sales, hardware, software, technical support, analysts, etc since new ownership has taken place. Make sure you read ALL fine print if considering a purchase and do not have your own IT department. Many hidden fees and lack of customer appreciation.

Pros

Software is functional if you have your own IT team to fix the quirks that you run across.

Cons

Integration and support are lacking with current ownership, apparently you need to buy each module instead of getting a package deal.

Carrie-Ann from Veterinary Healthcare Associates

Impromed Works

It's a great system to have that can be accessed anywhere in the practice, and there are security features that help ensure overall privacy.

Pros

Impromed is a well-rounded software that helps keep any veterinary practice running smoothly. There are plenty of features and capabilities for your entire organization to work within, share details, and to be able to work cohesively in all areas of the practice. There are training modules that concisely explain all features of the program and everyone on the team is empowered to effectively and efficiently help the clients.

Cons

It can take some getting used to in the beginning and you need to ensure you have the proper servers and bandwidth to run this program - once you have that set up, they sky's the limit.

Response from Covetrus

Replied June 2019

Hi Carrie-Ann! Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear how well ImproMed is working for your practice. Our team is always working on improving the implementation and training process. I've shared your feedback with our Team to ensure it is reviewed. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding ImproMed, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Debbie from Animal Hospital of Ashwaubenon

Impromed Infinity

Benefits would be having the integration with other products which is a huge benefit. As far as what its doing for us it saves time and they keep up with technology so we are offered updates and new products that are available to make our life easier.

Pros

Ease of use. Integrates with credit card processing, blood machines and many other products. Makes it easier than having to have a bunch of programs that don't work together. Saves lots of time. Keeps up with the industry with updates.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

Closer to our area so if need be we could get a technician here quickly or we could run the station in for repairs for a quicker repair. Also liked the features better.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Debbie! Thank you for your review. The enhanced reporting functionality is a great tool! I'm glad you are enjoying it. Updates are a necessary evil, but every time we update there are many new enhancements to improve your workflow, have to love the time savings! All the best.

August 2015

Alinda from East Lake Hospital for Animals, Ltd.

August 2015

Easy to use, Mobile-friendly, Great tech support, Grows with your practice

Infinity allows us to perform veterinary medicine and not "think" about the software. It's easy to use, versatile, customizable and always improving. We are able to be "paperless" and not miss charges. Infinity fits into all aspects of our practice-surgery, boarding, grooming, and general medicine. The flexibility of the modules to schedule appointments, make reservations, utilize a treatment plan, email clients, even track employee hours makes Infinity top notch. The added use of the smartphone app to access medical records or the appointment scheduler allows us to do house calls more efficiently. Populating the invoice from the medical record is an easy way to build the medical record without missing charges. With Treatment Plans, you can put in services as minor as walking a dog or play time, to an in-depth plan after surgery that monitors medications. In using Treatment Plans, we are able to assign team members to tasks and ensure that each task is done in a timely manner, all while simultaneously recording data to the medical record. Emailing the client, printing/emailing reports and tracking all emails sent are nice features. The Episodes of Care module is a "virtual file" of the pet that you can customize and make a checklist on to ensure that you do get the record written up, follow up visits scheduled or progress reports made. Request lab tests, input charges into record, and have Infinity automatically download and import the lab into the proper pet's record. Using a tablet and working on the go in the clinic allows employees the flexibility to work almost anywhere- exam rooms, lobby, treatment area where a workstation isn't always feasible. The integration with Element Payments Services for credit card processing is seamless. Having a secure processor with the ability to take major credit cards and balance the books is a huge timesaver. Tech support is readily available as well as fast, friendly and knowledgeable. Hardware support and software support is at your fingertips by phone, live chat or email. As we continue to grow and think of new ways to use Infinity, it seems like ImproMed has already thought of them. I don't believe that a practice could outgrow this software. Infinity is the perfect software for us. If you are looking for a software that will be able to grow and evolve as your practice does, then Infinity is the right software for you. Whether you are a 1-doctor or 20-doctor practice, Infinity can handle it.

Angela from Veterinary Healthcare Associates

Review for ImproMed

Overall experience with ImproMed is good. Love how Impromed software works with Cubex system.

Pros

What I like most about the Impromed software is different avenues to take within the software to get to where you need to be as everyone learns differently.

Cons

Do not like that you have to close out of a file in order to pull up another file. Although I can see where this could prevent possible mistakes it is not cohesive to work flow. Other software can minimize the file you are in and come right back to it. It also does not "flag" if you happen to have another client with same phone # and if you are not careful you may end up entering the client several times in the software. Other systems I have used have alerted to this thus not entering the client into the system a second time.

Response from Covetrus

Replied June 2019

Hello Angela! Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that your team is using ImproMed in the way that suits them individually. I've shared your feedback regarding the workflow issues with our Team to ensure it is reviewed for future enhancements. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding ImproMed, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Casey from El Dorado Animal Hospital

Very versatile yet cumbersome system in need of more Support.

Some versions apparently are glitchy and temperamental. The equipment they sell is not too hot. The program has potential but gets expensive and SERVICE IS POOR.

Pros

It is pretty versatile and with added modules will let you do almost anything in the clinic you need to do.

Cons

Support has gotten BAD. THEY DO NOT RETURN CALLS. Lately leave us hanging for hrs limping along with malfunctioning software. Do not buy your equipment from them. Have had to replace hard drives in the server 4 times already. To get all the features you have to buy more modules. It’s not all included. Hard learning curve for new staff. Did I mention poor response from customer support lately? They do not automatically upgrade the versions of the software. Mobile integration is poor for pads etc. and most importantly service is not good.

JESSICA from Tanglewilde Veterinary Clinic

Super functional

When I bought this practice, I inherited this software. Before long, we were customizing and using it for everything from billing to medical records, inventory management and so much more. It's been ready to provide at every step of our growth.

Pros

This software has a depth and breadth of use that makes it a powerful tool in practicing medicine and practicing good business. Additionally, there are usually several approaches to each task, so it's easy to train staff members to use it.

Cons

It really helps to have the online community and software support available to help learn new functions.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Dr. Parkerson! Thank you for providing such a detailed review! Glad to hear you find ImproMed easy to use and easy to train. Having many ways to do one task means you can find what works for you! All the best!

Rieko from Pearl Veterinary Hospital

Nice software

This suits my style of practice and I love it even if it was very pricy for the size of our practice.

Pros

Highly customizable, has many functions to enabling the electronic medical record keeping

Cons

Less intuitive compared with the other competitors

June 2016

Sheldon from Kalona Veterinary Clinic, PC

June 2016

Not listening

We are a busy 2 person mixed practice with a lot of inventory dispensing. We have been using Infinity for about 7 years. The support is really not what is used to be. They do not get back to us. And we are paying a high quarterly fee for that support. The label program and the search communications is too complicated for the average person to use. You have to call and get help for that, and they seldom "get" what you want. The program takes way too many steps to complete the simplest tasks. A good program allows a good computer literate person to "enter" or tab through screens. With this program, you always are reaching for the mouse, which doubles the time of date entry. Most of the drop down or view screens are not customizable. They are a small window, with lots of non-necessary columns and the only way to view them all, is to go to the mouse, slide the bottom bar, or narrow the columns like an excel format, until you see what you really want. I have made these suggestions since the program came out, and nothing has been done. There is little that is efficient with this program.

Pros

Lots of reports. But, again, they need to understand what the owner of a practice needs to evaluate and put that in a report that helps, graph and compare categories, trends, product usage for the past 5 years, without exporting to excel. When I complain about that, they just are proud of the fact that you can export to excel. But my time is valuable. Make it work in infinity.

Cons

See my experience, and also, Inventory. They need to get with MWI and get a seamless way to load inventory. I know Infinity is owned by Schein, but I am not, and they need to get over it, and help the customer that can only source what they need from MWI and allow downloading of orders into the system. We need predictive inventory. It takes too much time to view product, look at the usage by month (which is a very nice feature). We have over 2,000 products (inventory) and it would take forever to set the repurchase levels. Plus, in our large animal practice, products are seasonal. Let the program predict what I need to order based on past usage, so my staff can quickly select the quantity to reorder, and let the order go to MWI through Infinity.

Michelle from Mueller Veterinary Services.

ImproMed Review

Happy with it overall. I do not have experience with other veterinary software so I have nothing to compare it to.

Pros

-doesn't take most employees long to learn how to use; user friendly -looks sharp, laid out well -easy to customize

Cons

-the help feature doesn't answer 90% of questions/concerns so you must use customer service which has become a long process to obtain assistance -we have had problems with ImproMed not capturing a credit card transaction immediately, taking sometimes 2 weeks for the software to catch up and apply the transaction

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

The owner has previous experience with 2 other software and did research on "Infinity" 10 years ago.

Tim from Country Care Veterinary Center

Powerful and Versatile

I've been using Impromed for over 10 years now. There have been some hiccups over the years but overall I trust this software and rely on its functionality every day. I hope that they continue to develop this platform to meet all of our needs.

Pros

What I like most about Impromed is the ability to customize just about everything to get the software to work best for your work-flow.

Cons

What I like least about Impromed is that many of the work-arounds to get the software to work the way you want it to are not intuitive and often interfere with some of the other functions/capabilities.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Dr. Slater! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We're honored to have you as a client. All the best

July 2016

Jill from Dwight Veterinary Clinic

July 2016

The most user-friendly software program around!

I've worked with Infinity for over three years. This is the most user-friendly software program I've come across in the veterinary field. With easy to find functions such as medical notes, invoicing and so much more keeping our animal hospital running in the most efficient way is a snap!

Pros

Easy to use Knowledgeable and friendly staff available for any concerns and/or issues All business aspects are in one place Able to customize to our facility

Cons

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied July 2016

Thank you for the positive comments. We¿re glad that ImproMed Infinity has been able to add efficiencies to your practice!

Not impressed

Well we had an entire systems crash with Impromed, including our back up. There was nothing they could do about it. We lost 10 years worth of patient records and had to start over fresh. Imagine our and our client’s frustration!

Pros

It has a lot of features for many different applications

Cons

It is difficult to use, not user friendly, the customer service was terrible (before HS took over)

Response from Covetrus

Replied June 2019

Hello, we appreciate your honest feedback. We would like to have an opportunity to review what happened. If you could email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com so we can investigate this further. We strive to provide the best experience possible and look forward to the opportunity to work with you.

Kendra from Renton West Veterinary Hospital

15 years experience with Impromed...most of it good

Pros

I love that it's so customizable and that there are multiple ways to do the same way. It allows for the user to develop his/her favorite/most efficient way to use the system.

Cons

It's complicated at first. Simply because there are so many ways to do things, before you know which way you like to utilize the system, it can be overwhelming.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied June 2018

Hi Kendra, Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate that you've been a long time user and have taken the time to learn the ins and outs of our software. If you ever have questions about the way you're doing something, or a new way to do something, don't hesitate to reach out!

Cecilia from Owatonna Veterinary Services

12+ years Impromed (Infinity) Veterinary Software

Pros

Can be tailored to Veterinary specific, either large, mixed or companion animal practice. Easy to learn and use. Can insert our own pre-written data into EMR's/SOAP that are then edited for each exam/surgery EMR. Use of Teamviewer helps with two-way communication.

Cons

1) Spell Check is awful Does not remember the most useful of words, medical terms and even the DVM's name, although we press "add to dictionary"! The suggested words are ridiculously off. It does not even know noun plurals and verb tenses. This is the DVM's greatest complaint. Again, this is awful, and we have told Impromed Programming Managers many times. They say that they will note this for the future. 2) Used to be loooong holds on phone for Support. Now better, during COVID-19 and especially since they seem to have hired more people who work from Phoenix as well as in Oshkosh. Very often though, the 1st level support person does not know how to fix an issue, but has kept us on the line for up to 30 minutes while they try (their time limit!). They say they will pass the Case on to a Senior level Support, but it can take days before we hear from them. At least they often know how to fix it. 3) Problems 1 and 2 are enough reason for us to give an overall rating of 2. There are more issues.

I don't know.

Ashley from Cumming Veterinary Clinic

Best Software in the Game

Overall we use the software daily in our paperless clinic and find it easy and functional to use.

Pros

There are so many ways to set up Impromed to meet your practice's needs. You can customize almost everything to be what you need it to be. Use of bundles with charges saves times, Inventory is a easy to manage and understand. Everything is automatically time stamped and dated which is great for Medical Records.

Cons

Of course with all software there can be improvments. I think the Boarding modcule could improve but other than that no real complaints.

LORRAINE from East Brunswick Animal Hospital

Long time Impromed user

Love that we can communicate by email or text to clients right from the program. This is a great time saver.

Pros

Easy to use, simple to teach new employees

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing when making corrections to concluded invoices

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

When speaking to others in the veterinary field, other systems had drawbacks that did not seem to occur with Impromed.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Lorraine! Thank you for your kind review! We think the email and text option in ImproMed is pretty slick too. All the best!

Wendi from North Texas Emergency Pet Clnic

Love Infinity

It has been a good fit for your business

Pros

We have been with Impromed from back in the old DOS days! We are a specialty ER clinic and like the customization features of the program.

Cons

The inventory part of the software is a little clunky and hard to navigate.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

We had been working with the company for a very long time, we trust their customer service.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Wendi! Thank you for being a loyal ImproMed customer! Oh those DOS days, look how far we've come.

Susan from Kragness Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Could be more user friendly

The tech support is generally good to excellent. Some tech support needs MORE training. I can always tell when they’re Struggling to fix an issue and that usually results compounding the problem.

Pros

Has a lot of tools to get our work done.

Cons

Too many steps to accomplish one thing - invoicing needs improvement. Is not forgiving. Very difficult to correct an error. Too many steps involved- even printing. Very difficult to learn! Inventory is also difficult. My techs say Avamark is much is easier to use. Even tho Covetrus sells both IMPROMED and Avamark it’s expensive to switch software

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed Infinity

I was not employed at the clinic at that time.

Chris from NMAH

Hands down the worst!

I have had nothing but a horrible experience from ImproMed.

Pros

I can't see any pros about this software, users complain about it on the daily.

Cons

This company is a sham! They continue to get bought by bigger and bigger companies, ImproMed Infinity is now just a sliver what they offer. The support is by far the worst I have seen, worse than Microsoft! If you run into an issue don't expect it to be fixed, if someone says they need to call you back don't expect a call back. When it comes to someone managing your account, that doesn't exist. Your only line to this company is through their horrible support department. WARNING this company will try and sell you hardware, IT support all the while ignoring anything that isn't part of their suite. They sell white box servers, well over the price of what you would pay for a real server from Dell. If you want to buy only the software don't expect them support to performance issues even if your hardware is better than what they would sell. They know nothing about the other essential technology that runs your business. Stay away if you can! They software itself looks like Microsoft Office 2007, the interface is old and extremely outdated.

I inherited this unfortunately

Pros

Cons

sometimes the software would lag and I would have to force exit on a busy day in a general practice hospital.

Response from Covetrus

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the positive review! I have shared your feedback with our team to ensure the lag time is reviewed for future enhancements. If you ever have questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at hsvs.solutions@henryscheinvet.com.

Elise from CanyonVet

Impromed ease

Very easy to learn quickly which is nice for first time users

Pros

Cons

Wish the time clock, signing in and out was easier, and could sign out when done. Also when signed back in, if you hadn't clocked back in, you'd get a reminder

Response from Covetrus

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review, Elise! We're glad that you found ImproMed easy to use, and train.

Amy from Fox River Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Great software but support is lacking

I'm happy with the program overall but I wish there support could be at the level it used to be.

Pros

Impromed is a very versatile program with excellent features. It is very customizable to meet most of the needs of your practice.

Cons

Some areas of the program are very difficult to customize on your own (like labels) and getting support to help can be a struggle even though support is fairly expensive.

Bruce from Wyoming Equine

Industry: Veterinary

pro

Provides good platform to produce good medical records.

Pros

The product has many options (several of which I do not use). It is easy to access clients and information about the horse.

Cons

It is not really set up to use in the field. The entire premise of the program appears to be a practice with receptionists, techs, and a building, not a vehicle at the barn.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Bruce!

Frieda from South-East Veterinary Clinic

Great Software/Great Service

Overall our experience with Impromed has been very positive. I am continually impressed by the great service we have received.

Pros

Infinity software is very user friendly and quick to learn.

Cons

I would like to track payments for specific invoices and this is not available on this software. We can apply payments by invoice, but can't tell after the fact which invoices were paid by specific payments.

Joseph from Clearview Technologies

Excellent Veterinary Management Software

Support is hit or miss depending on who you get, but overall they are good.

Pros

Impromed is easy to use, fast and fully customizable, it is perfect for any size practice.

Cons

It is infrastructure heavy - you need a full server setup and windows licensing.

John from Washington Veterinary Clinic, LLC

Have used Impromed since before that was their name, 1988. Have been very satisfied.

Pros

Easy to train new staff on system. Love the inventory control Bundled services automatically takes out products used in procedures Integration with Rapport

Cons

the glitches that come with updates. So many features that we can't learn to use them all, so are under utilizing the system.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied August 2017

Thanks, John! We are happy that ImproMed software has served you so well, for so long.

October 2015

Ellen from Lone Mountain Animal Hospital

October 2015

Above average, worth the investment!

Pros: We converted in 2007 from a very old PSI (former Cornerstone) product to Infinity, with no regrets. We purchased the software to make it easier for our doctors to write records and for the staff have ease of use, we accomplished this. We also made the choice to buy every available module and have not regretted that decision either. We have found that new staff members find it very easy to use also. I love that we can make our own medical record forms or use the library of forms available from other clinics so we don't have to start from scratch. The customer support is great and if they can't figure out the issue, they ask for help and make sure it gets resolved. Cons: As much as we like being able to make our own medical record forms, it can be very labor intensive. Impromed does offer a few forms for few, but we have really only needed to use that option once. Second con is some of the accounting features differ from other software as they are accounting based programs vs medical record based programs. We work with quite a few rescues/govt entities that pay by invoice and the system ALWAYS defaults to the oldest. Overall in the 8 years we have used it I would recommend this software over all others. I love the flexibility it gives us, ability to work with any lab/radiograph equipment we have purchased, allows multiple users on the same account at once, the constant update of software to keep it fresh-innovative-current. I have had the opportunity to explore other software and keep coming back to Infinity as my favorite.

Alexandra from East Lane Veterinary Hospital

Do not recommend

Pros

I appreciate all of Impromed's reports, forms and tools. It helped build our practice over the 5 year span that we used it. However Impromed is very difficult and tedious to navigate. It was difficult to invoice. We constantly had to jump from Patient Processing to Medical Records. We had many missed charges. It was difficult to train new employees how to use. There are too many options for how to do a simple task. Impromed is not a modern software. In this profession we have to adapt to constant change and continue to grow. To do this our practice elected to move to a progressive cloud based software. For us we choose Neo from Idexx. It is easy to use and our team loves it. It has also reduced our missed charges and provided a better workflow. Highly recommend a cloud based software over Impromed.

Cons

-Large program that offers many options but becomes too tedious to use -Poor customer service. Long hold times. They constantly would send it to a senior tech that would then call us back a week later.

Response from Covetrus

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review, Alexandra. I have sent your review on to our product management team. We wish you the best with your new software. We do offer a cloud-based program, eVetPractice, if you would like to see a demonstration email us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com we'd be happy to show you. All the best!

Holly from Spartanburg Regional

Can be great... can be terrible

Pros

Well-known, was ahead of their time in developing this for the industry. Personally, I enjoy extracting data to Excel, but I know many people in practice who don't have time or want to.

Cons

Difficult to learn, terrible support, doctors don't love. Missing modern day features for clients that are needed in this day and age.

Laura from Tanglewilde Veterinary Clinic

Impromed keeps getting better

Pros

Easy to use, 3 ways to do everything, great support, keeps getting better with each update.

Cons

Sometimes the wait times for support are long, when something in the help is not yet available in the program and you are then told it will be released with the next version

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Laura! Thank you for the kind review!