• icon"Easy to use, 3 ways to do everything, great support, keeps getting better with each update."
  • icon"The ease of use and customer service are great."
  • icon"I like the appointment scheduler the most in this software, the different colors make it easier to look at in a glance. I like that it can communicate to Idexx equipment and other programs."
  • icon"There are many ways to do the same task in this software, but this usually results in confused staff."
  • icon"They do not automatically upgrade the versions of the software. Mobile integration is poor for pads etc. and most importantly service is not good."
  • icon"With the most recent update, things seem to take more steps of clicking on to do same thing and we lost some of our conveniences that were removed with upgrades."

Browse all Covetrus Impromed Reviews

• Have you used Covetrus Impromed and would like to share your experience with others?

Kerrie

Impromed

Overall good. Its overall keeping tract of our clients patients medical records.

Pros

It's easy to keep track and answer our clients questions with improMed. I also use lab screen and other templets that can ease my documents on our patience. Its also nice to have the emailing features so I can get the information to our clients immediately.

Cons

The inventory and product side of this software is complicated. I also wish it will tell me where I'm at with needing to reorder our inventory. The Templates with prescription labels and reminders we seem to always need a IT person to help us. IT help can sometimes not followup with us when we need something not as immediate can be pushed aside and not followup. Transactions take a long time with the credit cards.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Thanks for reaching our and sending your feedback, Kerrie! We agree that ImproMed provides a lot of great, easy to use features that make it easier to run your business. While inventory can be complicated to get in to a rhythm, we have a great Training Team that knows the best practices and is here to help. In fact, we did a webinar focused specifically on inventory. We would love to put you in touch with a Trainer who can help you and the team sort out some of these areas. If you're interested in learning more, reach out to us at the email mentioned below. If you ever have questions or additional feedback we'd love to hear it! Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Replied March 2019

Lexie

Industry: Veterinary

We have always had a great experience and customer service is always wonderful!!!

Pros

This product is user friendly for scheduling appointments and billing clients. Easy to right click/left click. Very windows based program.

Cons

Medical records-- it is not an easy task to set up medical records within the program and not so easy to edit them.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Cornerstone had too many bells and whistles at the time we were choosing our software. We had a different [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at that point and he did not want to utilize everything Cornerstone offered.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

Impromed offered more features than Intravet.

Carolyn

September 2022

Mount Carmel Animal Hospital

I used ImproMed for many years in two separate practices. Overall, the system works well if you do not want to move to being completely paperless. It has robust reporting and works well for the administrative side of running a veterinary practice. The medical record keeping definitely has room for improvement.

Pros

The inventory management and reporting aspects of ImproMed are quite good. As an administrator, you can easily get all the information you need to assess your practice. Appointment scheduling is quick and simple. The way the medical records are viewed is easy to navigate.

Cons

The medical records aspect leaves a lot to be desired. If free typing, ImproMed organizes the medical records in a great way. If you are trying to truly go "paperless", however, it is difficult to navigate and inefficient. The tree set up for medical records is time consuming to go through in order to enter your records and push charges through. ImproMed is ideal for a practice that is a hybrid of paper and electronic records. It is a great system for entering notes and keeping records, but inefficient to utilize to be completely paperless.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

ImproMed has much higher functionality than Cornerstone and DVMAX. If you are looking to go paperless, however, a cloud based software would be a better option.

Shawna

ImproMed

Pros

It has a nice layout, self explanatory.

Cons

To start with the transition from Avimark to ImproMed was a mess- our server arrived without all the necessary information which required our trainer to focus on that during a time we were to receive training. Lab equipment has not communicated with software consistently since the install which was 4/2018. As you can imagine learning a new system when you did not have the appropriate time to be trained can be difficult- their customer support WAS really bad during that time, it has gotten better but I have also had to figure out so much using youtube that I really just do not call them unless I have to. There is no spell check as you go along, you have to type then check it. It refreshes but bumps you out of where you were looking so you have to start all over again. Every now and then it will glitch and bump the date along the right lower side of the screen back to 1900 - so as you are trying to look up soaps and medical records there isn't anything there. Low qty items do not auto populate to the want list. Inventory is not easy to understand and it is easy to make mistakes that throw off your counts. Intelligent inventory was exciting but I was talked out of that by an ImproMed support person so... the spreadsheet is a mess to try and use- very easy to make a mistake for price increases.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

The boss felt the transition would be easier with ImproMed since they were both made by the same company.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

We wanted to make the clinic run more efficiently.

Sanjay

In house vs Mobile versions

They have been trying to get the mobile edition to appear similar to the non-mobile but still not finished. I'm going to try a different way to use the program and see if that helps.

Pros

When I bought the practice, there was DOS version of the software which was difficult to use in a windows generation. When we upgraded to the windows version, there is multiple ways to do each task which helps various employees to do their work in their learning style.

Cons

The mobile addition is supposed to run the same as the regular version but after a week of using it, there has been numberous problems using it. Unsure if it would work better if didn't need to sync with my other brick molar practice version that has been operating during the day with the associates seeing patients or if both used the same database. The problems are: the program not loading modules the same, giving the blue "circle of death" constantly, delayed opening of screens and kicking out of the program during operation. The other problem is the customer support: if you get someone it helps but if you need them to call back due to long wait times, they won't call back until the next day. IF YOU CAN, STAY ON THE PHONE LINE! Otherwise they don't consider you a priority anymore = "squeaky wheel gets the oil". When it comes to DICOM integration, it took over 4 months to get medical records to list the images and I still don't think the actual images come up in the rooms, but COVID made that unnecessary for now.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Previous DOS version and seeing the windows version at state convention which the previous [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] refused to upgrade since he refused to spend money on anything!

Thomas

Infinity Software

I found the support team excellent over the years to handle problems and the development team listens to our concerns and when a patches or an upgrade comes it usually addresses those concerns. From the sales team to support teams they really do their best to help you get the right software for your clinic and resolve any issues.

Pros

The software Infinity is excellent, it takes the average new employee about 2 month to get comfortable using the software after training and has to be supervised because there is so much for the employee to learn ,especially employees working reception and inventory. Their service and support team are excellent they handle trouble issues quickly are extremely polite and professional. The senior support team are very knowledgeable and are your back up in real problem solving issues that might arise. Of all the software we have tried over the past 43 years. this is the best on the market. As an administrator this software does it all that I need to run a company successfully . I hope this helps you on your decision on the software to use for you Clinic or Hospital. Take care Thomas Fleming GM, CVDSM Inc.

Cons

Training time to teach a new employee to grasp all the different features but once trained they seem to catch on to the routine. A manager I need reports and they have many to choose from but when I have a staff meeting and need simple graphs showing how we are doing not available. As a manager when software upgrades come it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 hrs to install the software in the practice and you have to become very knowledgeable and comfortable to install this on off hour with their support team.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

I found that Infinity did more and was more professional software to handle all our needs.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

To many problems and poor support

Fredrik

Veterinary support software, good but room to become great!

We are happy with the software, but it's mostly because there is no better competition. The top competitors have some things better, but other things not so good. Would recommend this software to any medium or large size practice. Suggestion for new feature would also be a id card login system, so that with computers in each exam room, the computer is locked when the tech is leaving the room and fast and secure to login when the tech or doctor is back.

Pros

This is a software with many good functions, integrations with multiple other systems such as Idexx etc. We have customized "vetnotes" and start to see positive effects in our hospital due to this. Easy Time works well and medical records is also well functioning.

Cons

One important thing with a practice software is to be able to set reminders for different users. So you can have "call backs" or tasks that needs to be done set to individual users or groups. Now there is on list that can't be customized at all for a regular 3 doctor practice use. "Easy Time" is a good tool, but setting up a booking calendar that for instance have color coding in the background for different use of the time slot, for instance annual, nurse or problem appointment slot is very hard to setup. Would be great with a template that you could import for a standard week and make minor adjustments as needed, now you have to set up each block for each column induvidually, can only select day, week or month for one slot... Very time consuming. Also, we use the plug in reminder system to be able to have clients book certain appointments directly online etc. which is great, but the system is not very flexible. Lot's more to ask about there when it comes to control of number of annuals per day, etc. The software is very sensitive to network connections. We tried to use laptops for portability, but even with a Sonic Wifi system, we couldn't maintain a good enough wifi in our building to not have any interuptions, which means that you have to close the software and open up, login and open up every module again. Would be great with a standard set of modules opened up automatically depending on what user logs in.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Price and at the time Impromed was owned by a smaller company, now it a big corporation as well as Idexx which is normally no good for us small businesses. We will see how this goes.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

We used Intravet and their customer service became unavailable and the updates further and further out from each other. Changed to VIA and their support was better, but not available enough to even get the basic functions up running smooth... We then changed over to Infinity and support was good, after a while new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] came around and the support disappeared for a while and started to come back when it now is sold again and most of the time you get a ticket that they will come back to you when they have time to work on it, which is very painful when you feel that it's minor thing that you should have help with right away. All staff is professional and helpful, but many of them too new at the job so they always have to talk to more senior staff members to solve the problem.

Brandy

Versatile Program w/ Some Kinks

When we first chose to get Impromed in 2016, the customer support was fantastic. This was a huge factor in our choosing this product over others, because as a new user we knew we would have some hiccups. Since then, the support has gone downhill quite a bit, especially in terms of consistency. Sometimes when you call in, you get an excellent technician who knows exactly what you need and helps you quickly and efficiently. Other times the person fumbles about and you can tell that they just aren't as knowledgeable, which often leads to frustration for the customer and the technician needing to escalate the problem, which does not lead to an immediate transfer but instead to someone having to call you back (which can be difficult in a busy practice). This would certainly be understandable if it was a really complicated issue, but sometimes I know what needs to happen (I'm just not personally skilled enough in I.T. to do it) and the person just doesn't even know as much as I do.

Pros

I love that it's very user friendly for daily users on the front end. Adding items to medical records and invoicing are very easy aspects of the program. I also like how customizable everything is.

Cons

Because of how much the program can do, some of the more advanced functions of the program and the setup options can be confusing. There are also some very basic kinks that could be worked out, but I'm not sure that those items are on Impromed's agenda. Overall, those few things don't hinder our overall use of the program.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Cornerstone didn't respond to me when I reached out for a demo. AviMark and IntraVet didn't seem as advanced or capable as Impromed (demos left something to be desired - I have since used AviMark elsewhere and found it to be a capable program, but with its own limitations, and I prefer Impromed still even after learning AviMark). I liked IDEXX Neo, but it was just in its infancy as a program and I didn't want to be one of the first users of a program that was so important to our practice. I loved VIA and it was the runner up because it was so user friendly and visually appealing. In the end Impromed won out because I had heard that VIA didn't have the best customer support and that people who had the software would often have to leave messages and wait a week or more to hear back, which seemed scary to me as a new user and someone who would likely need a lot of support initially. I'm not sure if that was accurate or not (or what their support is like now), but that concerned me enough to choose Impromed (our old program was also an Impromed product, so I was very familiar with the support and really liked how helpful they were at the time).

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

DVM Manager was no longer being updated and we needed a more robust program with comprehensive electronic medical record capability.

Riki

Impromed

Overall it was wonderful. Towards the end it was hard to use but that was because our hardware was extremely old and we couldn't update to the newest version without buying all new hardware which the practice owner couldn't afford to do. BUT that said, the functionality we had was great.

Pros

Just to start - Our practice USED to use Impromed Infinity - in 2016 we changed to Cornerstone due to budgetary concerns of our practice owner. That said, I miss infinity. It was so much easier to use, I hate having to tab through Cornerstone for everything. Infinity had a written script option, I could (with password protection) change invoices from one doctor to another, we could do year over year by month reports of inventory. The boarding module was spectacular, I feel like with CS I am back in the stone age. I loved it.

Cons

The only thing I can remember having issues with, was some of the reporting functions that the owner wanted. Client retention etc. But otherwise the modules were great. I also absolutely loved the message center - I am in charge of client billing and that is where I stored all of my notes on the different issues I had.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

better functions and modules. It could do more than any of the others at that time.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

At that time, Infinity had much more funtionality than the other software we looked at which was Cornerstone, DVMax, Intravet and I forget the other.

Response from Covetrus

Hello Riki! First off, we miss you too! It sounds like your team utilized a lot of the great features within ImproMed. You'll be happy to know we improved our reporting, and continue to improve, especially around client retention. We also now offer a patient recapture program that brings back lapsed patients-- and practices are only charged upon performance, AKA when patients come back. Talk about a game-changer. Give us a call, we'll be happy to have you back. We want you to be part of the new Covetrus family! All the best!

Replied September 2019

Nicole

Industry: Veterinary

ImproMed, the best clinic software

It's really the best clinic software I've used. I've had experience with Cornerstone, ImproMed, AviMark & VCA software. It's hands down my favorite of them all.

Pros

The ease of use and customer service are great.

Cons

The only thing I can really think of is that there are just SO many features that we have not yet taken advantage of because we haven't had the training on it all yet.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Hi Nicole, Thanks for your feedback! We agree that there is a lot ImproMed has to offer. If you ever have questions or need help learning more about the possibilities available, please reach out to us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com! We're happy to hear more about ImproMed and your practice.

Replied November 2018

Nancy

Overall great product

Excellent. Since our upgrade (video lessons were sent) I have sometimes had 2 or 3 questions per day, the support staff is quick to get back to me if they are not immediately available, and always very pleasant. We have also had some integrations that have gone smoothly with their help.

Pros

We have been using this product for over 10 years now. We have always been happy with the easy of maintenance, and use. We recently updated to the newer version of the program and are still getting used to the changes. There is a lot more security, as an owner I appreciate this. We do use the appointment scheduler and one of the upgrades now helps to prevent two people from scheduling appointments at the same time.

Cons

I think the easytime appointment scheduler has been the most difficult to adapt to, it is difficult to look quickly for an available time slot, because it does not give you a view of entire day. We used to use current invoices tab to help locate clients coming to pick up meds. Unfortunately it is alphabetized by owners first name not their last, and if a spouse picks up it makes it more difficult to locate for billing out.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Better value for the money

Whitney

Impromed has changed in the last 5 years

The customer service use to be top notch but about 5 years ago it started to go extremely down hill. The hold time of 30+ minutes is ridiculous. Often times I get a new IT person who admits to me they do not know what they are doing but have to go thru 45 minutes of steps in order to transfer me to someone else. We purchased a new server in November 2018 and it took 3 months to get it running including sending it back twice for harddrive issues. We were without all computers and lost business for 48 hours and impromed did nothing to compensate instead insisted we were the only hospital that ever had this issue. We pay over 1400 every quarter for IT support and recently had an issue were they told me some of our laptop equipment was not covered but it has never been started in a contract that these items are not covered. I also had an issue with billing and told they could not help me with a workstation issue I was having because we were past due on the bill. It took 30 minutes on the phone and for me to pull up our online banking to prove we paid the bill and Covectrus cleared the check 10 days prior. I have never been so offended and disappointed in a once good honest helpful company. Because of these issue we are seriously considering changing. IT is a huge issue and for a clinic we rely heavily on computers and also a company to help us when there are issues and not waste our time.

Pros

Software is overall reliable and easy to use. We have a decent size database and as of recently have not noticed any Issues with speed of processing records. Being 100% paperless it is decent medical keeping but there are some integrations I think could be improved on.

Cons

Integration of lab into soap/medical records. Lag time of processing credit cards and researching past products/invoice purchases. Lack of ability to integrate our X-ray software (eFilm) into impromed

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Have been with impromed since at least 1998 (at previous hospital before building new practice in 06) and honestly can not remember the products we researched at that time. I am looking into other products not related to Covectrus because we are so upset over customer service, billing, and IT help.

Kris

Impromed User since 2012

From preinstall preparation to use over the past 8+ years, we have been pretty happy with Impromed. You have some of the nicest tech support people and it's a pleasure to work with them. Since this was a new practice, we had no database conversion to deal with thankfully!

Pros

Generally very intuitive to use. The financial reports generated are great to use. (now if I could get the team to balance at the end of day, I'd be doing good!)

Cons

The Inventory Module needs serious revamping: The out of stock bin in the inventory module is a waste of time as it affects the total inventory value and you have to go digging to find the issue. The Inventory Category report needs to be accessible at any time after the close of the month. Currently if you miss printing it you're out of luck. Everything else seems to be date dependent...not Inventory. Also needs a count sheet for when performing a large scale inventory count without killing a ton of trees. Not everyone has a bar code reader ( or needs one) but there's not a count sheet that doesn't include it. Also there needs to be a way to "hide" products no longer in use or in the hospital so that you are only looking at active inventory in ALL THE REPORTS. I can go on, but you get the idea

cost, etc

Julie

Employee Friendly

We are close to 85% paperless in our Emergency department and this has made a huge difference in the details. The information is retrievable and very easily accessed saving time and money. Would not consider changing systems. Use is so easy and understandable that you can onboard new hires with ease.

Pros

Impromed is one of the easiest software to use. We put it in place and began usage back in 1990(?) before paperless was even a thought. The software has been enhanced but has not changed in any major way since we started. It's ease of use has remained constant. Upgrades have been consistent with the needs of the time. We have very few things we want it to do that has not yet been achieved. Constant Quality Improvement continues throughout the 30 plus years we have used this software with excellent customer support. The Medical Records and Invoicing modules are better than most. The Intelligent Inventory has made keeping track of inventory much easier, invaluable.

Cons

We started so long ago that any computer system would have been cumbersome. The ease with which we can train our ever- evolving staff saves both time and expense. We run across minor things over time that we would like to have included and give this information to Impromed who may or may not include in future updates. We do have difficulty emailing from Impromed at times but overall there is very little that we are displeased with.

Cost and ease of use.

Joanne

Industry: Veterinary

Good software suffers from poor support

This is a good software that could be great if the company actually listened to its customers and implemented suggested changes. When I recommend it to others I do so with an asterisk that customer service is lacking.

Pros

Generally easy to use, often offers multiple ways of performing a function which is nice as people have different ways of learning and working. There are some functions that we kind of take for granted but that help us run more efficiently such as the Recents Lists and Quick Search.

Cons

Software support is the worst! Since we're on the west coast chat support is often closed when we need them. When I call their first response is to want to login and do/fix what I'm asking about, which of course is quicker for them but does nothing to help me learn how to do it myself so I don't have to contact them next time the question arises. Support is very spotty: some techs are great, others do not have adquate knowledge of the product. There are multiple issues within the software that it seems would be relatively easy to fix but the feeling seems to be "it's always been like that" and so they're not fixed. Issues that impede efficiency (for example, having to get completely out of a report screen just to change the dates on the report, instead of offering a back button so all data doesn't have to be input again). In some cases it feels like something was done because it was easy from a coding perspective but in actual usage it is very inelegant. But when these are pointed out it is typically met with a shrug and the aforementioned "that's just the way it is" attitude. Change is excruciatingly slow. The last update ruined our ability to easily ascertain how many new clients we've gotten within any given time frame, which is a critical metric for our continued growth, and the problem has been acknowledged but as far as I know nothing has been done to correct it. Communication in this regard is also lacking.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Preferred some of ImproMed's security measures over others.

Angie

Multi-practice user

As a multi-practice location we would be lost without the ability to have on central client database to use at all of our locations.

Pros

I like all of the integrations with this software. The software is updated on a regular basis. The ability to customize the features of the dashboard to each user or group.

Cons

We do have more needs for multi-business features. There are some items on our wish list for the inventory module.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Clean appearance of the modules. Custom desktops. Ease of use. Multi-business abilities within the same program.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

Our needs had long outgrown what the software could provide.

Allen