• icon"Additionally, whenever we have had questions or suggestions to improve the functionality for our practice, The customer support team have been great. Definitely recommend this software."
  • icon"You can navigate to different parts of the program from the same page with a few clicks. Client communication feature is great."
  • icon"The company also was great when we initially signed up for this software, adding wellness plans and doing other custom things to help streamline our processes."
  • icon"At the start it was a bit confusing and frustrating to learn the flow of the program."

All Onward Vet Reviews

Ravi

This was the key to carrying my practice to the next level.

It will add a level or organisation and continuity to your clinic life that will make you efficient and highly productive.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Information is easily accessed and has good flow. The developers are always trying to improve on the software which makes your practice evolve daily. Customer service is second to none !

Cons

Software is internet based, so when there is internet issues you are unable to use the system freely.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Dr. Ravi and team, we really appreciate it!

Replied April 2018

Tara

The Best Cloud Based Veterinary Management Software

We do not have to search for lost paper records anymore.

Pros

Onward Vet is very intuitive and easy to use program. Most of the information is on the home page. You can navigate to different parts of the program from the same page with a few clicks. Client communication feature is great! You can text and email clients from the software. The lab results come directly to the patient record, therefore, eliminating the need to print, scan and upload to patient files. Its easy to create reports. You can analyze how new client come to you and target advertisements accordingly. Easy to create custom templates and estimates. The program can be customized to meet your clinics unique needs.

Cons

There are absolutely no cons about this program.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Dr. Miska and team, we really appreciate the great review!

Sandra B

Industry: Veterinary

Has worked well for us, very responsive to changes and suggestions

This has been very functional for us and the price is excellent.

Pros

Ease of customization, particularly for our holistic practice. We can easily add procedures such as acupuncture and chiropractic. The company also was great when we initially signed up for this software, adding wellness plans and doing other custom things to help streamline our processes. Also like that it's in the cloud so we don't have to do our own backups and can access anywhere.

Cons

Still some things I'd like to see in terms of financial analysis that align with AAHA figures to make it easier to compare to other practices (reports). Also wish there was an easier way to schedule appointments when we're using cell phones out of the office.

Reasons for choosing Onward Vet

Seemed easier to use, more efficient. I and my head receptionist both played with it for a couple of weeks before making the decsion.

Response from Onward Systems

Hello Dr. Leonard, thanks for your awesome review! Update: In the beautiful new interface that was launched in May, 2020, there is an easy to use cell phone/mobile device appointment calendar available. AAHA specific financial metrics, and many new integrations also on their way in 2020.

Replied July 2020

MUHAMMAD

Industry: Food Production

My opinion

First of all, it is very easy to use software interface is perfect and it's solved my many problems which I faced.

Pros

The most interesting thing is in software is Billing and Invoice creating.

Cons

Nothing to improve is all good and secure.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Dr. Muhammad and team, we really appreciate the great review!

Replied August 2021

Heather

A functionally simple and elegant EMR system with constant upgrades!

Pros

We have used this system for 3 years and have been very pleased with the functionality and simplicity of the software as well as the ability to train new staff members on its usage. This software is easily used by everyone from the complete computer novice to the IT savvy. Additionally, whenever we have had questions or suggestions to improve the functionality for our practice, The customer support team have been great! Definitely recommend this software!

Cons

My only minor complaint is that there is no way to know when someone else is making updates to the patient record which occasionally results in the second person into the record losing their modifications.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Dr. Brookshire and team, we really appreciate the great review! The new "Audit/History" feature tracks all changes and allows recovery of any notes in case multiple users are updating the exact same section of the SOAP for the same patient.

Replied July 2018

Brett

Industry: Veterinary

A key asset for a successful start up veterinary hospital!

Speed Quality and Value are apparent with this system. OV thinks outside the box and brings process and efficiency to the veterinary hospital

Pros

OV is simply elegant and highly intuitive for our fast paced doctors and staff. It can be tailored to our unique practice needs and optimized to drive efficiencies and processes that improve costs. Lik sour new hospital it has evolved over the last 2.5 years and is now better than ever.

Cons

For the value - Nothing! I would like to see in the future a Voice to Text solution that can keep up with our hospitals pace. The current voice to text solution exists but is about as fast as traditional keystrokes.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Dr. Cordes and team!

Replied August 2017

Melissa

Dyanmic Veterinary Software

Pros

The interface is very intuitive and easy to use, and fast. Customer support is excellent and always prompt. Being cloud-based, we can access it from anywhere. There is easy access to all the patient information from a single landing page. In-house and outside reference lab data are automatically uploaded. Whiteboard helps us keep the patient flow moving efficiently throughout the day We are able to use the inbuilt 2-way texting feature to keep engaged with our clients. Onward Vet is responsive to our needs and suggestions and comes up with new features on a regular basis.

Cons

We have not encountered any drawbacks so far.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Melissa and team, we really appreciate the great review!

Replied August 2021

Joshua

August 2014

From Paper to Paperless

My practice has been a sole paper practice for 44 years. I researched all of the other veterinary software options out there over a 2 year period of time. I needed a software program that would not slow down my high volume practice and make me more inefficient, as most of the time we cannot afford to slow down. I ran across this software at a conference and decided to make the switch as its ease of use, particularly on the medical records side made it possible for us to scan in our old records. This software provides everything that I required and then some. It is by far the best software that I have run across and fits my practice very well. It has streamlined the process and my bottom line has already increased 10% due to catching missed charges. On top of that the clients feel better with the security of not mishandling records, and my staff picked it up right away. The whiteboard option that this software carries is highly superior and unique to this software and has made my practice highly efficient. I highly recommend this software to every veterinary clinic out there; particularly if you are converting to a paperless practice. As it can be accessed from anywhere in the world; it is easier to remind myself of a patient's case on those late night phone calls. The support that I get is great; they know me when i call and I never get the run around. They fix my problems promptly and keep me informed of the status of my requests. I did have my reservations about it being internet based, but I can tell you that it runs exactly like and as fast as a closed circuit software based system. The staff like it, its easy to use, it gets the job done, I keep better records on it, my bottom line went up.... So I am very satisfied.

Response from Onward Systems

Hi Dr. Standridge, thank you very much for this nice review!

Replied August 2014

REBECCA

Great Vet Software !

CSR has been very accommodating any time I've had questions! We are glad we chose Onward Vet!

Pros

This software is easy to navigate and keeps things organized in our very busy mobile vet vans . Very helpful customer service department.

Cons

Being cloud based remember to refresh the screens so everyone can see whats going on ! Small clitches on updates with different browsers but they figure out fast.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Rebecca and team, we really appreciate the great review!

Replied July 2019

Ahmed

Industry: Veterinary

The perfect software for our clinic

Pros

We have been using onward vet for the past 3 years , easy to use , always up to date , customer support is 24/7 even with the time difference we always get a prompt answer for any inquiry.

Cons

Just the transition between the old and new interface we faced minor issues

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Dr. Azeim and team, we really appreciate the great review!

Sophia

GREAT SERVICE

Very good!

Pros

Easy to use. Customer response is great!

Cons

We have had some issues with treatment plans, but have been dealt with by the team promptly.

Reasons for choosing Onward Vet

Being able to use it from any device, customer service, accessibility from any computer.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Dr. Sophia and team, we really appreciate the great review!

Vince

Dr Stenson

We started using Onward Vet as a new practice in 2012 and have grown with Onward Vet. They were fairly new at that time and have been very good about adding and improving features. They have been a real asset to a young practice and their being web based has been great. My staff commonly looks up and puts in histories on their smart phones.

Pros

Ease of access and being user friendly.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Dr Stenson and team!

Replied March 2017

Sudesh

June 2015

THE BEST DECISION I MADE BY CONVERTING TO ONWARD VET ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS

I had been looking into options to convert my paper based practice to a paper-light or paper-less system. Most of the common systems that offer this feature require very expensive overhaul of the computers, in-house network and expensive server. After a careful review of the pros and cons of different systems we decided to switch to the simple cloud based Onward Vet program. The program is easy to learn, has pre-filled and easy to create templates, allows seamless integration to in house and outside reference laboratory and makes communication with the clients a breeze. There are numerous features of this program and everyday we discover new ones. Our paper and ink/toner use has been cut down by 90% since we converted to Onward Vet. There is no extra monthly fee for tech support and an email is enough to get the response. Since this program is still evolving, they are able to add the features you recommend to this program. We have quickly learned how NOT to use sticky pads and how quickly document client communications in the program itself. We have a great but cheap high speed scanner that allows us to convert paper records into electronic format into Onward Vet. The email feature is great. The learning curve is 1-2 weeks for a computer savvy person and 4 weeks for a normal person like me. If you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars in buying a new server based program, new computers, tech support, Onward Vet is the answer for you.

Response from Onward Systems

Hi Dr. Kumar, thanks for that nice review!

Replied June 2015

Industry: Veterinary

From no computers to almost all computerized.

We have been using Onward Vet for almost a year now. We had a small animal practice without any computers in the office, but were looking to computerize. After examining a number of programs we decided to go with Onward Vet. From the start, we received great support to help us get started and up and running. The program has a bit of a learning curve but with some time and experience, it becomes easy to use. Today we have six computers in the office and can also access the program from anywhere, on our phones, iPads and home computers. It is nice to be able to have the information available anyplace and any time. I can say this is a great program. It is as complete as I could want. There are parts of it that are still waiting to be investigated and learned if we need them. Our paper records are slowly being phased out as we are moving toward a "less paper" practice. I must say that the development team for Onward Vet has done a great job creating this program and they are continuing to make improvements. We have enjoyed working with the Onward Vet staff and the program. I would recommend this program to other veterinary practices.

Pros

It is a very comprehensive program. It is cloud based and available anywhere. I helps me and makes me be a better record keeper.

Cons

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you Dr. Teare and team!

Replied March 2017

Alice

March 2015

I won't ever go back to a network-based practice management system again!

I had my reservations about using a cloud-based system. What if my internet goes down? With Onward Vet, we can use our cell phones until it is running again. But then, I realized that my internet has never failed. My network failed fairly often and seemed to happen when I was my busiest. The cost of having an IT person get my network running again was prohibitive. I watched the technician play video games on his phone and surf the net while waiting for programs to download all on the clock. After using this system, I truly believe that most veterinary practices are too small to have a internal network-based practice management system. While initially we had difficulties transitioning to the format of Onward Vet and while it doesn't give us all of the functionality of the big name practice management network-based software, it gives us the information that we really use. In retrospect, isn't that all we need? The best part of Onward Vet is the customer service. You actually get to communicate with someone who can get things done to solve your issues. Is Onward Vet perfect? No! But every few weeks we get an email updating us on a new addition or adjustment made to the program in response to the requests of the users. When did that happen for you with the big name providers?

Response from Onward Systems

Hi Dr Mills, thanks for that nice review!

Replied March 2015

Industry: Veterinary

Product is solid, great service at a fair rate.

We hold all clients charts and cloud based makes it easy!

Pros

Ease of use, depth of options and reports. I like the system layout and how everything is put together.

Response from Onward Systems

Thank you John, and team!

Replied August 2017