• Pros

• "This software is easy to navigate and keeps things organized in our very busy mobile vet vans . Very helpful customer service department."

• "Ease of use, depth of options and reports. I like the system layout and how everything is put together."

• "It is a very comprehensive program. It is cloud based and available anywhere. I helps me and makes me be a better record keeper. "

• Cons

• "Software is internet based, so when there is internet issues you are unable to use the system freely. "

• "At the start it was a bit confusing and frustrating to learn the flow of the program. "

• "Being cloud based remember to refresh the screens so everyone can see whats going on ! Small clitches on updates with different browsers but they figure out fast."

Browse Onward Vet Reviews

Ravi from Marilissa Farms

This was the key to carrying my practice to the next level.

It will add a level or organisation and continuity to your clinic life that will make you efficient and highly productive.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Information is easily accessed and has good flow. The developers are always trying to improve on the software which makes your practice evolve daily. Customer service is second to none !

Cons

Response from Onward Systems

Replied April 2018

Thank you Dr. Ravi and team, we really appreciate it!

Heather from Animal Vision Center of Virginia

A functionally simple and elegant EMR system with constant upgrades!

Pros

We have used this system for 3 years and have been very pleased with the functionality and simplicity of the software as well as the ability to train new staff members on its usage. This software is easily used by everyone from the complete computer novice to the IT savvy. Additionally, whenever we have had questions or suggestions to improve the functionality for our practice, The customer support team have been great! Definitely recommend this software!

Cons

My only minor complaint is that there is no way to know when someone else is making updates to the patient record which occasionally results in the second person into the record losing their modifications.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied July 2018

Thank you Dr. Brookshire and team, we really appreciate the great review! The new "Audit/History" feature tracks all changes and allows recovery of any notes in case multiple users are updating the exact same section of the SOAP for the same patient.

Sandra B from WHOLE HEALTH PET CENTER

Industry: Veterinary

Has worked well for us, very responsive to changes and suggestions

This has been very functional for us and the price is excellent.

Pros

Ease of customization, particularly for our holistic practice. We can easily add procedures such as acupuncture and chiropractic. The company also was great when we initially signed up for this software, adding wellness plans and doing other custom things to help streamline our processes. Also like that it's in the cloud so we don't have to do our own backups and can access anywhere.

Cons

Still some things I'd like to see in terms of financial analysis that align with AAHA figures to make it easier to compare to other practices (reports). Also wish there was an easier way to schedule appointments when we're using cell phones out of the office.

Reasons for Choosing Onward Vet

Seemed easier to use, more efficient. I and my head receptionist both played with it for a couple of weeks before making the decsion.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied November 2019

Hello Dr. Leonard, thanks for your awesome review! We will be adding an easy cell phone appointment calendar in the beautiful new Onward Vet user interface coming out this January (2020). Soon after that, we will also include the AAHA specific financial metrics. Many new integrations also on their way in 2020!

Brett from Arizona Animal Hospitals LLC

Industry: Veterinary

A key asset for a successful start up veterinary hospital!

Speed Quality and Value are apparent with this system. OV thinks outside the box and brings process and efficiency to the veterinary hospital

Pros

OV is simply elegant and highly intuitive for our fast paced doctors and staff. It can be tailored to our unique practice needs and optimized to drive efficiencies and processes that improve costs. Lik sour new hospital it has evolved over the last 2.5 years and is now better than ever.

Cons

For the value - Nothing! I would like to see in the future a Voice to Text solution that can keep up with our hospitals pace. The current voice to text solution exists but is about as fast as traditional keystrokes.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied August 2017

Thank you Dr. Cordes and team!

Joshua from Blount Animal Clinic LLC

From Paper to Paperless

My practice has been a sole paper practice for 44 years. I researched all of the other veterinary software options out there over a 2 year period of time. I needed a software program that would not slow down my high volume practice and make me more inefficient, as most of the time we cannot afford to slow down. I ran across this software at a conference and decided to make the switch as its ease of use, particularly on the medical records side made it possible for us to scan in our old records. This software provides everything that I required and then some. It is by far the best software that I have run across and fits my practice very well. It has streamlined the process and my bottom line has already increased 10% due to catching missed charges. On top of that the clients feel better with the security of not mishandling records, and my staff picked it up right away. The whiteboard option that this software carries is highly superior and unique to this software and has made my practice highly efficient. I highly recommend this software to every veterinary clinic out there; particularly if you are converting to a paperless practice. As it can be accessed from anywhere in the world; it is easier to remind myself of a patient's case on those late night phone calls. The support that I get is great; they know me when i call and I never get the run around. They fix my problems promptly and keep me informed of the status of my requests. I did have my reservations about it being internet based, but I can tell you that it runs exactly like and as fast as a closed circuit software based system. The staff like it, its easy to use, it gets the job done, I keep better records on it, my bottom line went up.... So I am very satisfied.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied August 2014

Hi Dr. Standridge, thank you very much for this nice review!

REBECCA from Qualified Pet Dental & Veterinary Services Inc.

Great Vet Software !

CSR has been very accommodating any time I've had questions! We are glad we chose Onward Vet!

Cons

Response from Onward Systems

Replied July 2019

Thank you Rebecca and team, we really appreciate the great review!

Vince from Bakken Mobile Veterinary Service

Dr Stenson

We started using Onward Vet as a new practice in 2012 and have grown with Onward Vet. They were fairly new at that time and have been very good about adding and improving features. They have been a real asset to a young practice and their being web based has been great. My staff commonly looks up and puts in histories on their smart phones.

Pros

Ease of access and being user friendly.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied March 2017

Thank you Dr Stenson and team!

Sudesh from Durham Veterinary Hospital

THE BEST DECISION I MADE BY CONVERTING TO ONWARD VET ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS

I had been looking into options to convert my paper based practice to a paper-light or paper-less system. Most of the common systems that offer this feature require very expensive overhaul of the computers, in-house network and expensive server. After a careful review of the pros and cons of different systems we decided to switch to the simple cloud based Onward Vet program. The program is easy to learn, has pre-filled and easy to create templates, allows seamless integration to in house and outside reference laboratory and makes communication with the clients a breeze. There are numerous features of this program and everyday we discover new ones. Our paper and ink/toner use has been cut down by 90% since we converted to Onward Vet. There is no extra monthly fee for tech support and an email is enough to get the response. Since this program is still evolving, they are able to add the features you recommend to this program. We have quickly learned how NOT to use sticky pads and how quickly document client communications in the program itself. We have a great but cheap high speed scanner that allows us to convert paper records into electronic format into Onward Vet. The email feature is great. The learning curve is 1-2 weeks for a computer savvy person and 4 weeks for a normal person like me. If you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars in buying a new server based program, new computers, tech support, Onward Vet is the answer for you.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied June 2015

Hi Dr. Kumar, thanks for that nice review!

James from Dr. Teare's Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

From no computers to almost all computerized.

We have been using Onward Vet for almost a year now. We had a small animal practice without any computers in the office, but were looking to computerize. After examining a number of programs we decided to go with Onward Vet. From the start, we received great support to help us get started and up and running. The program has a bit of a learning curve but with some time and experience, it becomes easy to use. Today we have six computers in the office and can also access the program from anywhere, on our phones, iPads and home computers. It is nice to be able to have the information available anyplace and any time. I can say this is a great program. It is as complete as I could want. There are parts of it that are still waiting to be investigated and learned if we need them. Our paper records are slowly being phased out as we are moving toward a "less paper" practice. I must say that the development team for Onward Vet has done a great job creating this program and they are continuing to make improvements. We have enjoyed working with the Onward Vet staff and the program. I would recommend this program to other veterinary practices.

Cons

Response from Onward Systems

Replied March 2017

Thank you Dr. Teare and team!

March 2015

Alice from Lexington Hospital for Cats

March 2015

I won't ever go back to a network-based practice management system again!

I had my reservations about using a cloud-based system. What if my internet goes down? With Onward Vet, we can use our cell phones until it is running again. But then, I realized that my internet has never failed. My network failed fairly often and seemed to happen when I was my busiest. The cost of having an IT person get my network running again was prohibitive. I watched the technician play video games on his phone and surf the net while waiting for programs to download all on the clock. After using this system, I truly believe that most veterinary practices are too small to have a internal network-based practice management system. While initially we had difficulties transitioning to the format of Onward Vet and while it doesn't give us all of the functionality of the big name practice management network-based software, it gives us the information that we really use. In retrospect, isn't that all we need? The best part of Onward Vet is the customer service. You actually get to communicate with someone who can get things done to solve your issues. Is Onward Vet perfect? No! But every few weeks we get an email updating us on a new addition or adjustment made to the program in response to the requests of the users. When did that happen for you with the big name providers?

Response from Onward Systems

Replied March 2015

Hi Dr Mills, thanks for that nice review!

John from Advanced Pet Services, Inc

Industry: Veterinary

Product is solid, great service at a fair rate.

We hold all clients charts and cloud based makes it easy!

Pros

Response from Onward Systems

Replied August 2017

Thank you John, and team!

Matthew from The Cat Hospital of Ft Myers

June 2015

Excellent solution for our cat hospital.

The solution offered by Onward Vet is a little different than some of the others we looked at, being "cloud based." We are a solo practice limited to cats. Most of the other practice management packages we looked at required extensive new computers and a server. Without a dedicated IT company or staff, this is a daunting if not expensive challenge. With Onward vet we could use the computer and network of our choice as long as we can connect to the net. There are challenges, though they relate more to our ISP and our in-house network than to Onward Vet. You need a back-up plan when the net is down-ours has been a personal hotspot and our tablet. Not ideal, but workable when the internet is down. Onward takes care of back up of data, and we can access the records from any computer with internet access is more helpful than I would have thought. (Yah I can check my schedule at home the night before going to the office, and I can review patients records at home as well). All in all, we are very happy with our choice.

November 2015

Venkateshwarlu from Sai Mobile Veterinary Clinic

November 2015

Onward Vet is a great software!

I have been using Onward Vet for about 1.5 years for my mobile practice. I find the software extremely easy to use and the support is always available. It has all the features that I am looking for my practice and then some. Even on the road, I am able to connect to Onward Vet using my hotspot cellular modem. The system is fast, intuitive and the medical notes are organized very well. Onward Vet is completely paperless, I do not have to worry about printing invoices and estimates. Integration with Antech and IDEXX labs makes it seamless for me to place and receive lab results. I highly recommend the Onward Vet software for anyone looking to get higher efficiency in their practice, and to help grow the business by leaps and bounds, like it did for me!

July 2015

Henry from Homeward Bound Veterinary Services, LLC

July 2015

Onward Vet is a comprehensive and convenient practice management software.

Onward Vet is very innovative and they are frequently making improvements for ease of use or as user needs change. The program also allows a practice to create and use forms within the program as needed. Since we are a mobile service, the ability to access the software from any location is also a great feature. The ease of use makes data entry quick and client / patient information can also be quickly accessed from several areas throughout the program. The ability to send invoices and documents directly to our clients upon completion of the visit has saved us time and additional expenses.

September 2014

Annette from Rainland Farm Equine Clinic

September 2014

Onward Vet Software

After reviewing many "web based" software programs for our equine clinic, Onward Vet was the most appealing and our choice for our new program. I have not been disappointed and am continually impressed with how "user friendly" it is. The support I receive from Rajat is the best! I'm positive I would not have the support like this from any other company....very refreshing in this day of technology! I recommend Onward Vet to anyone in the veterinary field.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied September 2014

Hi Annette, thank you very much for the nice review!

Susan from Bakken Mobile Vet

Onward vet

I have been a vet since 2000 and have used a number of software programs. Onward Vet was easy to learn to use, from doing physical exam findings to putting in charges and printing out invoices. Whenever we have had a problem or concern Rajad has been available or has gotten back to us in a very timely fashion and has steadily made improvements to the software so that I Onward has become my top choice in veterinary clinic software.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied August 2014

Hi Dr. Pudwill, thank you very much for the nice review!

Rafael from Animal Care Clinic of Bellflower

Less paper and more organized

We have gotten rid of the file cabinets...in a small clinic, space is valuable. I have the ability to review cases, complete write ups and communicate with clients anywhere, anytime as long as I have internet. The software is so easy to use. And they constantly improve it, making things even easier. No scary upfront fee. It has been 3 years and I can't find anything negative to say. Recommend it.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied April 2017

Thank you Dr. Salvador and team!

Jovan from Healthy Iguana Veterinary Service

Great program

Onward Vet is very easy to use, even easier to learn. Being a cloud based program, allows me to access the program (tablet or even on my phone) while on house visit or on the road. I have had no problems using Onward Vet or their customer service, even though my practice is on a small Caribbean Island. All in all, great program and great customer service at a great price.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied January 2015

Hello Dr Halley, thank you very much for the nice review!

John from Houston Ear Clinic

excellent software

This software is a hidden gem. It is easy to use and fully functional. Our very busy practice in Houston could not function without it. The price has to be one of the most affordable out there. The best feature is the customer service which has to be second to none. Highly recommend.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied August 2014

Hi Dr. Revere, thank you very much for that nice review!

August 2014

Tag from Chattanooga emergency pet hospital

August 2014

Best cloud based software available

Both the product itself and the support are FAR better than any other product I have tried. Words to describe it: intuitive, efficient, simple, integrative, and it just plain works well. It's the only software I have found that has fulfilled all of the promises in its marketing.

Response from Onward Systems

Replied August 2014

Thank you Tag, we really appreciate your nice feedback!

Leslie from Walker Street Dog & Cat Hospital

User friendly!

Our hospital recently decided to switch over to electronic records and so far we have found Onward vet to be very user friendly. Customer service has also been excellent whenever we have had to email them with questions!

Response from Onward Systems

Replied January 2015

Hello Dr Lee and Leslie, thank you very much for the nice review!