What are Shepherd users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Shepherd software through verified user reviews

• icon"The interface is slick and visually appealing without a busy cluttered appearance. Support is multimodal and rapid."
  • icon"The spplication is Intuitive, easy to use, time saving, aesthetically pleasing, and innovative. I also like how you can use it on various technology."
  • icon"It is ease of use for everyone within the clinic, from the receptionist to the technicians and doctors."
  • icon"Sometimes the way it prints out for the rDVM's is not the way it looks on the screen originally and it can be confusing to read."
  • icon"The search engine is difficult to find the client or patient at times."
  • icon"Search mechanism is limited to patient and client names, unable to search by breed or diagnosis, etc. at this time."

Browse all Shepherd Reviews

• Have you used Shepherd and would like to share your experience with others?

Tammy

Industry: Veterinary

This is the easiest software I have ever used. Easy to navigate and to pick up when you first start

It makes capturing charges and putting in notes for the patients much easier and proficient. Super easy to use.

Pros

Easy to digest the whole screen when you first open it. Not so much clutter. The ability to drop things into multiple sections in one function.

Cons

The search engine is difficult to find the client or patient at times. Would like to be able to search using phone numbers.

Jeska

Industry: Veterinary

I would 10/10 recommend Shepherd!

We tried a different software and it was horrible. My team was skeptical of anything cloud based and not having paper charts but now we would never want to use anything else. Shepherd is so easy and the support group really cares and are always willing to help.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how anyone could use it with minimal training. I love that support listens to us and helps us. Its clean looking and things are easy to find.

Cons

When we first started there were additions that hadn't been added yet, like boarding and inventory. However, now they have these. Other than new additions like mass messaging and forms, I cant think of anything bad.

Reasons for choosing Shepherd

Shepherd had what we wanted and were willing to listen to what we needed in the future. The cost was great and the team was helpful

Reasons for switching to Shepherd

Our software wasn't going to be supported anymore and we wanted to go paperless

Rex

Great Cloud Based Vet Practice Software!

Great, its easy to setup and use. Transferring data from other software had no issues. Would recommend to anyone looking for a simple, cost effective cloud based software for their practice.

Pros

Cost, easy of use, and training. The cost is affordable for any size practice. The user interface is straight forward and simple to understand. Workflow is great, and easy between modules. Training is fast for new employees. Recommended cost effective!

Cons

No cons! Reporting could be done a little better, and hopefully will improve with updates. Customization of user interface could be done.

Laney

Shepherd the Start Up Vet's best friend

Shepherd makes it possible for us to run our house call practice as a small team. Without Sheperd, we would need a full time receptionist.

Pros

Sheperd is easy to use and learn. The support chat is a REAL person and they are the same people day to day so they understand how you need the software to function best for your practice. The support team also seems to have a veterinary background so you can use the correct terminology to communicate with them.

Cons

The biggest con's were that it did not integrate with laboratories, but now they connect to Idexx and Antech so we are happy!

Reasons for switching to Shepherd

I have used many software in my time as a tech this is by far the most user-friendly.

Lauren

We LOVE Shepherd!!

We transitioned two vet hospitals from paper-light, using Avimark and Impromed. We demo'd half a dozen other software systems before going with Shepherd. We started using Shepherd 1.0, which didn't have all the features, but Shepherd promised they would be coming. Shepherd 2.0 was NOT a disappointment, and they have delivered on all of their promises. The customer service could not be better, and they have never forgotten about us - we feel as valued and as important as day 1. Having been a frustrated Avimark and Impromed user, Shepherd has been nothing short of amazing. Updates are frequent, well-communicated, and makes the Shepherd experience continuously better. Our staff has varying skill levels with technology, but all of them made the transition to Shepherd flawlessly. New staff members jump right into Shepherd's easy, logical, and user-friendly design. Shepherd makes case management super easy and allows us to do what we do best - treating patients.

Pros

Shepherd is so user-friendly. It just makes sense. The customer service is phenomenal. They are quick to respond and uber helpful regardless of who contacts them or what the problem is. I could go on and on, but those are my favorites about the software.

Cons

We would love to see the schedule have automatic or template blocks. Currently, we have to manually enter schedule blocks such as "well visits only" or "same day sick appointments only" for every moment we are open, which is time intensive.

Reasons for choosing Shepherd

Customer service and ease of use!

Julie

Best software I've used in over 20 years in the field!

Comfort in knowing that my records are complete, and knowing that I have more time to take care of my pTIENTS.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to transition to. There is virtually no learning curve, and coming from someone who is generally technologically challenged, that says a lot. One of my favorite things about the software is the simplicity of it. It doesn't take 10 steps to achieve 1 goal, it only takes 1. When you are trying to take care of critical patients, or any patients for that matter, no one wants to spend more time than they have to putting things in the computer. This software makes our use of time more efficient.

Cons

The only "con" so to speak, was when we were first transitioning, and that also falls under ease of use. Coming from software that was complicate, and all over the place, and took several steps to complete one task, it was difficult to how easy Shepherd is to use. We often felt as if we were missing steps.

KKat

Industry: Veterinary

Most responsive developer team, bar none!

Pros

So easy to use, easy to learn, with new features added seamlessly without negatively impacting the clean layout and intuitive functions. Development team has unparalleled responsiveness to user needs and questions.

Cons

I started using Shepherd as a start-up, so I didn't have to switch from a different process/software. That also means I got used to doing things without the integrations that are now available, so I need to step up my game to use all the available features!

Reasons for choosing Shepherd

Cost, vet-owned, opportunity to be with a new business creating a product for vets, by vets.

Melissa

Of the 4 software packages I have worked at in various clinics, Shepherd is hands down the best

Pros

The software is so intuitive, we were up and running immediately. The interface is slick and visually appealing without a busy cluttered appearance. Support is multimodal and rapid. I always have the help I need right when I need it. Data transfer was smooth too. I love the preloaded diagnoses and client information sheets which save me a ton of time at discharge. The customizable physical exam templates allow me to chart as I go with each patient so I am out the door on time and I have had much fewer missed charges. I can't say enough good things about this software, it was the best choice for our start up and I know Shepherd will grow with my practice.

Cons

There are a few features that I would like to see such as a way to email invoices/receipts with one click, however so far everyone I have asked for already has had a scheduled release date and an easy work around that Shepherd could offer in the meantime. This is obviously just a function of it being a relatively newer program and very soon everything I want will be available. I haven't come across any bugs or problems with it functioning as intended so they definitely did lots of beta testing to make sure it would be smooth sailing for their customers.

Industry: Veterinary

All the bells and whistles with none of the headaches

Exceptional. One of the single best customer support experiences of my life, professional and otherwise.

Pros

The ease of use for the full functionality of this software is incredible. I've used software at so many clinics where the program is so glitchy, and complex, they are only using about 10% of the functions (meaning wasting money on program function they don't use) Shepherd is robust, and so easy to use every component of the program!

Cons

Must have internet connection. No offline mode (mobile practice, and some work does not get saved if the internet connection glitches)

Started my own practice

Cindy

The First And Last Veterinary Software You Will Ever Need

Great! The overall experience has been helpful, technical support always helpful and fast response. Teaching us was a positive non dreaded experience

Pros

Ease of use! The software is intuitive for users. Love that we can see an entire SOAP entry at once. Abnormal show up in red.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to remove an entry even with authority. Makes great sense for medical records though as it leads to people being more attentive.

Reasons for choosing Shepherd

Layout, clean and easy to read format. SOAP options, the support personnel. Designed by a veterinarian for veterinarians!

Reasons for switching to Shepherd

Slow support, features promised weren’t there within software

Easily the most user-friendly software in my experience

Pros

Very user friendly, navigation through software and patient records is extremely easy Extremely easy to upload lab results, radiographs, images, and other documents to patient record Remote access is available on any computer with internet Drug doses are automatically calulated minimizing error Charges are automatically captured when treatments are entered as completed Estimates are fast and easy to prepare

Cons

Search mechanism is limited to patient and client names, unable to search by breed or diagnosis, etc. at this time Populated Physical Exam is limited to companion mammals and isn't quite 100% applicable to avian and reptile species (or amphibian, fish, invertebrates, etc)

Jessica

Industry: Veterinary

I love Shepherd! Just click, click, click, and your records are done!

It's so fast! It saves me time!

Pros

My favorite part is how easy it is to use. The tabs are intuitive. There is not too much going on on each page.

Cons

It doesn't yet sync with laboratory or online pharmacies. I believe in time it will. Also I am still in the input phase where I have to enter charges for products etc. I think a larger clinic would have this done for them but, since I didn't have Austin made I am having to do that day by day.

Jenn

Life Changing!!

Pros

The only software that functions the way our team thinks and works! There is NO training needed, our entire team has been shocked at the ease of use and how intuitive it is. It's optimized for mobile devices (REALLY) and when we administer treatments as technicians the medical record and invoice are done at the same time with no separate set up or module linking.

Kasey

Industry: Veterinary

This software is amazing! It's so easy and let's you spend more time taking care of your patients!

Pros

It's simple, and helps make our job easier. It allows us to spend more time with our patients and less messing with a complicated software system.

Cons

I really don't think there is anything... it would be amazing if Idexx would partner with shepherd eventually so uploading your lab and rads would be easier. But overall it's amazing!

Megan

Tech's Dream!

Honestly hard to complete this category! This software has done amazing things for our hospital! Charts don't have to be the focus of your day...patients can!

Pros

Incredibly easy to use! Requires almost no training! Medical record and invoice created at once means less missed charges! Less time spent charting, and more time spent on patient care!

Joy

Great

A few clitchs here and there, but with customer support always available most errors get corrected or explained in a timely Manor

Pros

User Friendly, captures charges, calculates injections automatically. Minimal room for errors. Auto save!

Emily

Industry: Veterinary

Very user friendly, intuitive, a great addition to any hospital.

This software has great reminders in place as you move thru the medical record so that no areas of the record are left incomplete. The treatment portion allows charges to easily be put in and is efficient when creating a treatment plan for patients.

Pros

The dashboard for patients allows easy access to move between records, reminders are set in place for additional check points when completing records and putting in charges, great customer support, very easy to use.

Cons

None at this time but would love to see this used in many more hospital to help eliminate missed charges and it is very easy for any new or experienced staff member to use

Brea

Very easy to use!

Pros

Our team uses this product and I know that they love it. It saves so much paper and is very easy to input photos and documents into.

Katrina

Very professional, easy to use, and efficient!

Pros

Cons

Currently in trial mode - bugs are being worked out and the product is being fine tuned through trial and error.

L paige

Excellent

Pros

Easy access to all data is amazing. The remote access is simple and user-friendly. I also love that I can search for the patient by name. I like that I can easily see the findings in the exams. I also like that charges are entered so efficiently.

Cons

My main challenge has been learning all the great things I can easily add to discharges. As a relief vet, I am sad that I don't get to use the software more frequently.

Ryan

Industry: Veterinary

Superb software with excellent customer support.

Pros

Cons

No complaints as of now. The Shepherd team is adding to the software as we make suggestion/comments of what we need.

Shannon

Pleasant and Efficient

Pros

It is easy to use and well organized. I love that the SOAP is so clearly laid out. Images and all diagnostic work is easy to upload and easy to find.

Shepherd