Browse Whereby Reviews

Eddy from VAVSE USA LLC

Industry: Wholesale

Whereby Connect you and your team fast and easy

I like these services because I can create one unique link to share with family, friends, and coworkers, with this just enter the link and you are instantly connected. I will add some sort of approval by the admin to join the meeting.

Pros

This service it is easy to use, it is very fast and consumes little to none resources for the machine and connection, I've used it with connections less than 1Mbps of internet speed and I still can share screen and video (not the best quality) but it works. A great option for meetings.

Cons

I can't see any cons just yet. Maybe the interface is too simple (for some people) but I choose performance over graphics any time of the week. (Maybe: One con would be that any person with your personalized link can access to the meeting)

Reasons for Switching to Whereby

Skype it is too heavy to run and takes a lot of resources for the machine and the internet connection.

Claudio from Belka

The best in

BEFORE: "Hey, what's your account?" "I don't find you" "Witch one of these 3 old Skype accounts is the new one?" *THREE HOURS LATER* "Hey, here we are" NOW: "Click on this link" "Hey nice, it took like 3 seconds and I'm not frustrated"

Pros

YOUR INTERLOCUTORS DON'T NEED AN ACCOUNT. Or software. Or your nickname. You simply have to send them a short link like appear.in/**yourname** and that's it.

Cons

None. It's a super simple and easy to use solution. Maybe, the fact that not everyone is using it, so sometimes you're forced in use other bad conference solutions.

Jennie from Care2Rock

Whereby is the underdog of video platforms

My company is a music lesson platform, custom-built for music lessons. Whenever we are running into technical issues or the student's bandwidth/connection is not strong enough, we love using Whereby as a backup.

Pros

-Easy to use -Pricing plans are more affordable than Zoom -Love how you can brand and create private rooms

Cons

-Download is required on mobile phone -Brand is more unknown, so there's a mini learning phase in the beginning of the meeting for new users -Wish everyone can record. Not just the owner of the account.

Reasons for Choosing Whereby

Whereby uses the same video technology (WebRTC) as we do for my music lesson platform company.

James from MCSILL STORY STUDIO

I thought it was better than it was

It has to be worked on. The idea is nice and neat, but the competition is far better. Start by organizing the screens on the panel, cut off the mic automatically if the participant go silent etc.

Pros

I liked the simplicity. Reminded me of the initial versions of Skype.

Cons

When I subscribed, to be able to bring more people into the room, it was messy, there was no way I could organize the screens like I do when I'm using Zoom or Skype. Suddenly, my webcam wasn't visible for the participants. I admit that there was a lot of emails exchanged to try and solve the problem, but it was never solved. By that stage I had paid over 70 pounds for the subscription, and decided to cancel something I could never use. No money back was offered.

Sivaanan from Self Employed

WHEREBY Review

It can be used by those whom have minimal computing knowledge and exposure especially clients or business partners above a certain age whom are not very comfortable with the technology. Therefore it is very much time saving for both ends.

Pros

This is a useful service. It's simple to use, it's quick, and it uses very little of the machine's and connection's resources. I've used it with connections as slow as 1Mbps and I was still able to share screen and video , although not the best of quality, but it works. It's a great place to hold meetings.

Cons

The video and audio quality could use some improvement; they're not the best, and they can be slow, dragging, and crashing.

Reasons for Switching to Whereby

Whereby was much easier to use and wasn't as buggy as the previous product used.

Sherae from Celebration Brands

Super fast and easy connection

I really love the services that Whereby offers. Really easy to use and facilitates solid communications remotely. You all should try it.

Pros

So easy to use, and requires little effort to get connected. Also people you are connecting with do not need an account, all you have to do is send a link and they are in the meeting. I really love the simplicity and the custom room makes it fancy to me. It’s worth the money

Cons

There really isn’t much to dislike with Whereby. My only gross is that the limit of four people isn’t really ideal for people who work with big companies.

Luca Stefano from codersmedia

Wonderful if you can stay in the free version

Pros

It's easy to use and there's no explanation needed when you invite a customer to your room, plus I love the fact that you have your custom room url.

Cons

The limit of 4 people is really tight and forces you to upgrade. Since when I decided to leave it, they integrated a better pricing plan that allows to pay for the room instead of paying per user and that's much better.

Reasons for Switching to Whereby

Zoom was unstable and needed additional software to be installed to run properly. The web version was terrible (at least at the time we used it)

Simple, Solid, Effective Product.

Facilitating really solid communication via a remote needs. We were on Zoom for a while but realized its just too complicated for what it offers.

Pros

The ease of use of Whereby is the best part of it. No downloading software, no adding extensions, no asking people to install anything. Everyone can join in really simple. It really helps connecting with clients quickly and efficiently.

Cons

There's not much to dislike, the simplicity of it makes it that easy. Sometimes the connections are spotty.

Reasons for Switching to Whereby

Too much hassle, too complicated. Not simplified.

Ioana from TourRadar

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Finally a screen-sharing tool that doesn't require an extension installation

I have had numerous issues with my research participants dropping off, not being able to connect or getting frustrated because of the video call software. Not having to to explain in entire paragraphs to participanta how to connect is wonderful!

Pros

No need to install an extension. It's simplicity, particularly since we have participants of various technical capabilities

Cons

Haven't found anything yet! But - you still need the app to share your screen on mobile. Recordings cost extra (but still affordable).

Reasons for Choosing Whereby

No need to install an extension. A looot simpler for my guests. Works on various browsers.

Reasons for Switching to Whereby

It just didn't work most of the time with my remote user research participants. Connection issues, the mobile iOS app was breaking the participant's page and generally very frustrating. Only worked on Chrome and I didn't want to ask participants to install Chrome.

Aasim from Orai, Inc.

Whereby works where others don't

Pros

Whereby helps me talk to people who don't have access to a desktop client like what Zoom has. It also helps me start meetings more fluidly.

Cons

It lacks a lot of features products like Zoom have such as selective sharing and audio sharing.

Reasons for Choosing Whereby

It works well in the web browser

Reasons for Switching to Whereby

Didn't exactly switch but use both for different use cases.

Josué from Consea

Terrific tool

It's been a great ride so far.

Pros

It's been really easy to set up an interview between our clients (hiring managers) and the candidates, you don't have to ask for Skype users and go back and forward with emails sharing that information, you only have to set up a "conference room" and share that link, that's it!

Cons

It's almost perfect, I just wish there's some chrome extension or email/calendar client plug-in to make it even easier.

Reasons for Choosing Whereby

It's way simpler to use.

Yann from 360 Entrepreneur

Industry: Online Media

A reliable and easy-to-use solution to host video calls

Whereby has been a solid solution to easily organize and host consulting calls and "virtual coffees". Its ease of use, and the fact that can be used both on computer, as well as on tablet and smartphone, make it a no-brainer and a tool that should be in every digital business owner's toolkit.

Pros

I had been using a wide variety of video conferencing tools before I started using Whereby and the things I found have made a difference are: — the array of features: you can create customized and branded "virtual rooms" where to host calls, you can have one-on-one and group calls and you can do so both through the web-based version and the smartphone version of Whereby — ease of use for both the conference call host and participants: it's incredibly easy to organize your first video conferencing call and have people join it, especially because there's no download nor installation required for them to use the web version of Whereby — web and apps: some video conferencing tools are available only through their web version, while Whereby lets you have calls with your computer, as well as with your smartphone or tablet through the mobile device app

Cons

The one thing I don't think is ideal about Whereby is the fact that Call Recording is an add-on feature. I wouldn't have an issue with it being an add-on feature available for the Whereby Pro Plan. However, even if one purchases the Pro Plan, he/she needs to purchase Call Recording as a separate add-on (which cannot be bought as a standalone feature). So you'd end up paying for two separate things: for the Pro Plan and for the Call Recording feature.

Reasons for Choosing Whereby

Because of the features and the mobile app

Reasons for Switching to Whereby

I had Daily.co crash on a couple of occasions and I lost the recordings of those calls

hasn't changed in the last 24 months - but still great

It's a great product for power users but some more conveniences as mentioned would make it irreplaceable. Don't focus on embedding software - screensharing can show any software, it doesn't need to have native support. Ambient noise is a problem for new users so 'mute' training is something I have to administer to the 20+ people who have adopted on my recommendation.

Pros

Single click start and better video experience than skype. Re-instating YouTube 'play together' is a highlight

Cons

simple fixes/changes as suggested 24 months ago haven't occurred: - 'v' key to toggle video feed like the 'm' key - a sound indicator on someones window to show they are broadcasting sound (will help detect/identify ambient sound)

Nicolò from Computer Software

Good and easy basic video conferencing software

We use it instead of google hangouts some times, especially when the meetings are internal of the company. For example we know what room we have to go for the weekly meeting and we just open the tap at that url when the time is due.

Pros

It's really easy to use, you can setup you "room" on a specific url and you just share that url with the other people. That's literally it, you don't even have to make other people signup/login.

Cons

Nothing really, it's pretty easy to use and I haven't noticed any deal breakers so far. I started using it as an individual when it was called appear.in and I never had a problem with it.

Simple, always handy

Love it, simple, efficient, never had an issue.

Pros

Never had a call fail with Appear.in. It is also very simple to invite business partners using (free) custom links. Honestly, it's simplicity makes it a no brainer for us

Cons

If the URL is taken, rooms should not be available if the admin is not present. It happens we used someone else's URL for months.Therefore, when we upgraded to a paid membership, we were advised our long time link was taken and couldn't be used with Pro features.

Rafael from ANDI - Asociación Nacional de Empresarios de Colombia

Nice, easy to use (still some work pending)

We are very plased with this tool, the only concern is that they are charging a lot now for every new functionality.

Pros

Is really easy to use, for us it was the key to migrate to appear.in

Cons

Has come troubles with new camera configurations, and when I have 2 o more webcam connected. The same with heaphones. I have my laptop connected with Bosse Quitecomfort Bluethoot, another Bluethoot speakers and plgged headphones and thats causing troubles.

Isabel from Career Minute

amazing tool

I am a Psychologist and Career Consultant. I work with individual sessions, attending people across the country and this makes my life better because when I depended exclusively on Skype I was having trouble providing smooth call with no sound and internet problems, sometimes we used to lost productivity due to performance connection problems.

Pros

The things I like most are: appear is hands-on, simply and online. Doesn't need login or download to new participants. I work remotely and its really make difference on my productivity.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the fact I can not integrate with Calendly .

Jarred from Confirmed Automation Systems

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great Meeting Software

We utilize this software for remote working employees and it has made a huge difference in the ability to save travel time to the office.

Pros

No downloads and works first try in your browser. We use it internally on a daily basis. We also have special rooms that we use for customer meetings.

Cons

There is no option to pay for call in support. Internally we don't require this, but some customers don't have computers with microphones that work etc., and it would be useful for them to be able to login to the meeting to see our screens but call in for voice.

Appear.in Review

As it is simple to use my experience with it is great.

Pros

This application has helped me to stay connected to my family in different country. I was so pissed with other applications and it came to my rescue. The video and audio quality is unmatchable. It is super simple to form a meeting group, my parents who are not that well versed with technology use it with great ease.

Cons

At time the connectivity becomes an issue. Otherwise, it is good. It can also add multiple features.

Connectivity was an issue

Uroš from Active Collab

As easy as it can be

Pros

The key selling point of appear.in is surely its one-click magic. You just have to click on the link and that's it - you are in and have already started video conferencing. This is the most important thing when you want to interview lots of users for your product research, and don't want to bother them installing third party software.

Cons

It can be buggy sometimes, sound will not work properly on occasion, but nothing too serious.

Douglas from Irvine Advisement

Making my life easy

I use it multiple times per day. Our entire team has become accustomed to using Apprear.in as our central meeting location. We were using Hangouts prior and this has become much more efficient. My connection quality is as expected 99% of the time & outside users gain access without hindrances. As you can see I am a big fan.

Pros

Ease of use, simple for low tech users, fast for our team, centralization, no user accounts or logins

Cons

I have to search for items, no real cons. Switching between small and large rooms can confuse some users.

Peter from GenieBelt

Great for customer interviews and support

As part of my job I often get on a call with customers to learn more about their usage of our application. Whereby (previous appear.in) is a great and simple way to quickly and in a no-hazzle way interact with the customer. It allows both them and me to share our screen, which is a great way to 'see what they see'.

Pros

Quick and in no-hazzle set up, easy to share link with whoever and quickly get a screen share/cam session running. Most often runs smoothly. Doesn't require any plug-in or installs, simply runs through browser.

Cons

Having a free tier that allows up to 4 users in a unique url session, it's hard to complain about anything in this tool. It has lots of competition, and internal company conversations is typically achieved by zoom or slack in our company. But for getting on a call / screen share with a customer, whereby is a preferred solution for us.

Great Alternative Video Conferencing App

My experience with whereby has been good to date

Pros

The seamless no download and no sign-in (unless you are hosting) features are one of my favorites form the Whereby App

Cons

Integration with outlook or google calendar would be great add-on at the moment ones rehires to hop on difference interfaces/software tools to get this done

Ease of use and low cost + great UI/UX look and feel

Ease of use and low cost + great UI/UX look and feel

Catherine from Fit Armadillo®

Makes meeting online easy!

Pros

Love appear.in and using it with Fit Armadillo clients. In the past other technologies kept people from engaging in our services due to the complexities of having to log in. Appear.in has been wonderful for our clients and staff and made things easy!

Cons

There can be many different types of technology and settings and sometimes the basic tips don’t help all users. Not really appear.in’s fault though!

Natasha from Guesty

Reliable video conference meetings

Great free solution for speaking either clients

Pros

Reliable video quality and easy to use screen share feature. Use this on the majority of my client calls as my go to video conference

Cons

Clients get confused/ frustrated when they can’t click on the share screen button due to them not installing the chrome ad on. Slows down the meeting explaining to them what to do

Sandeep from Vitech Systems Asia Pvt. Ltd.

Budget oriented video conference tools with all basic features

Overall its a decent product target towards small to medium companies and is very affordable. UI is optimised and usability is awesome.

Pros

Its objective is to provide video conference at low cost. It is very cheap and still provides all the basic features one would expect from a video conference tool. It is easy to connect, doesn't require any app installations and works directly from a browser. UI is very minimalistic and well optimised. Well suited for small team up to 50 members.

Cons

It doesnt have some important features like noise cancellation, call transcription, live captions, etc. Screen sharing can be laggy sometimes. However with regular updates its getting better and adding more features.

Bryan from Velora Studios

Our solution for getting quick video calls started with new contacts

Whereby isn't a tool we use everyday, because with many frequent contacts we are communicating in something else like zoom, skype, discord or slack. Every so often though we have contacts who don't frequently use those programs, or use them at all, and we find that the easiest way to get a meeting started is to simply email them our Whereby URL. The fact that it provides a no hassle experience in that type of situation is exactly what we need.

Pros

We like that joining a video call doesn't require participants to download software, they simply visit our customized meeting room URL and they are a part of the meeting. Whereby has the easiest experience for joining meetings that we've found.

Cons

Right now Whereby is a tool we use for a very specific case along with other meeting tools. We'd like to be able to either use Whereby in more situations, or be able to use less tools overall. For this reason I am not sure if Whereby is a solution we can recommend to anyone.

Alexander from Qualyteam

Good quality video conferencing tool

It is a very stable videoconferencing tool that ensures good performance and quality on all connections.

Pros

• Easy usability. • Quality of calls and shares. • It is hardly blocked within companies. • Creation of individual rooms. • Very good acquisition cost.

Cons

• Customers with little knowledge have difficulty using the system. • Plugin installation is complicated for inexperienced users. • In the paid plan only 12 participants are allowed, which is not feasible for some businesses. • It does not allow to take command of the user screen.

Bob from Bens Place

Industry: Mental Health Care

Lots claim- intuitive - appear.in delivers

Its cool and works really well and we can see how that will only improve ..

Pros

Easy of use and robust stable delivery

Cons

Inbuilt CMS and automated appointment text and email notifier

Sheena from Created New Fitness and Nutrition

Decent quality

I really like appear.in. I use it every day for work and can have up to 12 users at a time on it. Sometimes it can go down for no known reason and it takes a while to come back up, but that doesn't happen very often . Overall it's a great product!

Pros

EASE OF USE ACCESSIBILITY CAPACITY Screen record Share screens

Cons

SOMETIMES IT'S NOT DEPENDABLE quality of video

Geoff from Konnektive CRM and Order Management System (OMS)

Great Free Video Chat

I use it to meet with remote contractors often and have never had a speed or quality issue. It is lighter weight than google meetings and requires no registration. This is my go to meeting software for small teams.

Pros

I like that it runs on linux. I like that it is free, and creating a free room actually gives you a static url. I have been using the same url for various meetings for over a year. I recognizes my camera and usb headset no problems in chrome, and the screen sharing extension works out of the box. The Eula isn't crazy and there are not ads.

Cons

There is a four user limit for the free tier, but I have never hit it. I really haven't seen a downside to this software in over a year.

Tobias from Dragon Veterinary

Industry: Medical Devices

can be hard to get clients in

Pros

Its simple, nothing needs to be downloaded or installed, when you're meeting with a lot of different people frequently this is important

Cons

it could be simpler. my biggest issue is that I meet with many people who are not tech savy, and have trouble joining my meeting, I would ideally like a big "join meeting now" button on your main websites home screen when users without accounts can simply click and type in the name of the meeting theyre joining

Paulo from Dell

Industry: Computer Hardware

Great for videoconferences and daily use

Great alternative to Skype and the like as it's faster to enter in a custom room and begin talking with quality video.

Pros

appear.in (now Whereby) has always been my go to site for quick video conferences. When I showed my supervisor how easy it is to create a room and begin talking with quality video, he got totally surprised. Also it allows for screen sharing and room customisation (link, background, everything). Custom rooms can even be restricted.

Cons

Too bad they've limited the Free plan so much, and changed the way some sites like Focusmate use it. Apart from that, I don't have much else to say, as it works like a charm.

Mitch from Evolve Artist Training

Video meetings have never been easier

Very happy with Appear and will continue to use it in my businesses and personal life.

Pros

Appear is extremely easy to use, and 99% of the time it just works without a hitch.

Cons

The new pricing plans are a bit of a downgrade from what we were previously experiencing as pro users, but it's still tremendous value.

Online video conferencing is now simple.

For a small and midsize team, it is a perfect solution. Register and get a room link and with your room link, anyone can join your meetings. I like the simplicity of the app and the minimalistic design. The chat function helps when sharing links or documents within the meetings.

Pros

After registering I got a link for my room and that's it. I shared a link with my partners and it took all of us to a 4 windows video conferencing window. I am using a 3g link, and the video quality is good. The lag for video transmission is less than 2 seconds which is equal to any pro alternative. The free plan supports 4 users at a time and one room which is just enough for me. Good quality and minimal lag make meetings more productive and less confusing.

Cons

The sound sometimes gives a static unbearable sound when using a USB microphone.

Nathan from VCGI

Great product

Pros

It's so easy to load - it's like an actual virtual conference room. People can come in and out as they please. The connection is great

Cons

Sometimes you have to restart when you get to larger sizes of people/rooms but it's rare.

Jose from Tercer Planeta

Industry: Research

Great tool for distributed work

We use it every day for daily meetings - a distributed team - and frequent room meetings on demand.

Pros

Very easy to use, and with some options when bandwidth is not good (suppress camera, Pro rooms)

Cons

Lack of a Windows app as an optional feature

Ingo from Hashplay, Inc,

Amazing service for little money

Team video conferencing with named meeting 'rooms' without the installation of any software is what I have been waiting for for a long time. This product is awesome and works like a breeze with our international team.

Pros

Super easy to use, no installation, team sizes and the relatively inexpensive pro plan. Naming meeting rooms.

Cons

on mobile (iOS) it does require the app and does not always work well in the browser

Simple browser based video conferencing system.

Pros

I like how simply I can start video conferencing just from my browser no more installation of any kind of software. Signing with Google is always appreciated and I also tell people to use google sign-in. I just shared my room and my team can join video conferencing with me in no time. I found all the data they have on me can be downloaded, which is another good thing to have. I like the image quality and it is good.

Cons

I don't like how anyone with the link can join the conference, and I want to see adding permission before joining the conference. Video gets out of sync with the audio and I have to restart the room to get all the things working again. Maybe it needs a high quality computer to work.

It's my go-to tool for calling

We have a lot of meetings during the day because our team is distributed. Appear help us managing those meetings with no effort!

Pros

It's super simple! You share a link and that's it. No downloads no gimmicks no account, it's just what I need in the very moment I want it. I love it.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches on Firefox but, aside from that, I believe it's close to perfection.

Jose from Mosca Digital

Amazing software

Pros

The fact that is so easy to use and implement. Right now we use whereby to our dailys meetings, weeklys and meetings with our clients. No one need to download and instal anything, no need to have our clients registering in a platform.

Cons

The software needs a considerable band witch to operate correctly.

Lajos from FreelanceDiary Ltd

Great for organizing meetings online

We have used appear.in to interview candidates online. The interview went well and we were able to hire new team members who are great additions to our team. Since then, I've recommended the platform to others for solving such issues and their feedback was great, too.

Pros

The best about appear.in is its ease of use - to join a meeting, participants just have to open the link to the room that has been created and that's it. There's no need to sign up! The audio and video quality is excellent and the screen sharing works well for organizing online interviews with candidates etc.

Cons

I didn't find a way to save my details (that is, my name) so I wouldn't have to enter it again whenever I join a meeting. (Or, if there's already such a feature, it's not obvious where to find it.)

Brian from Creature Curation, LLC.

Huge Fan of Appear.in

It amazes my clients when I set up a room just for them, branding the background for their company. It really makes them feel special.

Pros

I have been using appear.in when it was in its infancy. It has always been a reliable, stable way for me to have working video calls.

Cons

I've been really happy the entire time and don't really have anything I don't like about it.

The tool for making videocalls easy

Appear.in is great for remote teams is kind of a virtual lobby for everyone.

Pros

The biggest pro of appear.in for me is the ability to set a URL, that makes soo easy to join calls and reduces the hassle of sending complex links like the ones used in google meet. We use it in our workplace as a lobby, since we are remote and its great people jump in and out with out even thinking about it.

Cons

Sometimes the software fails, and can't join the calls, it's not often but definitely something to consider. Also the capability to block users should be available, sometime you don't want to have anyone join the conversation.

Flavio from Avenue

Great for remote collaboration

Having tried a number of different tools over the years, appear.in is by far the best video conference tool, allowing us to collaborate with clients and remote members of our team.

Pros

With no requirement for plugin downloads or companion software on your computer, appear.in allows you to immediately start video meetings by simply sharing a link. The screen sharing functionality works extremely well and allows you to choose something as specific as a single tab in your browser to be shared with other attendees.

Cons

Mobile calls are good but not as reliable as desktop, unless you download an app.

Fast and Easy to use

Good and simple to use software

Pros

With so many video collaboration tools available in the market, appear.in is not doing something new. But I feel they are just doing it in a simpler way keeping the basics right. They are not offering too many features but when it comes to video calls with multiple users, its streaming is very good even at low bandwidth

Cons

Might have to add more features to collaborate

Marcus from seriesOne

I love it

love it

Pros

simple, great quality, easy to use. to make it short: best online meeting system available right now

Cons

sometimes users cannot​ be heard at all, a complete restart of the call is required

Whereby We Collaborate

Overall, Whereby has provide a positive experience and has done enough to convince me of continued use. It's not my most frequently used video conferencing service, but it is definitely suggested and brought up during conversations.

Pros

One click connectivity. Whereby makes it easy to connect and immediately begin a video conferencing with anyone who has access to the meeting link. You can set a custom url or create a new one for each meeting you start. You can use it to work with your own team or with clients alike. In an age where brand identity is crucial to brand survival, Whereby allows you to customize meeting backgrounds - giving the user the ability to promote brand identity on another platform.

Cons

Those who do not have the application can not participate in meetings. Often times, clients have not wanted to download, register or use a new software.

jeroni from Mandarina One

Free way

Pros

Appear give me a free way to get meeting rooms instantly. Without a compromise to get an account. Free use with a clean dashboard that give me the just features I need. No more.

Cons

The limit participants on a meeting is a little bit little. And I think recently down. I can't write cons more because this software is build just for this features. no more.

Nir from Enigma

Great tool for Video conference

I think whereby is a great tool tool for video conference.

Pros

Whereby works on all of my devices, and it’s great for video conference with my colleagues overseas. The option of sharing slides is amazing.

Cons

It is too easy to join other groups by mistake. Someone could hump in to a call by mistake, and that’s a bit uncomfortable.