What are Webex users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Webex software through verified user reviews

6,229 Reviews

3,218
2,259

• icon"This is a very good software for meetings and it is secure and fast comparing to Zoom and Teams. Their customer support are really great too."
  • icon"It provide all the features of a program that is used for conducting meetings and webinar and the best thing about using cisco is their security. The video & audio quality is good."
  • icon"The best in its cataogory, screenshare, call quality, the call recording is perfect, whiteboard notes are a big plus."
  • icon"If the connection is bad, then you will get crackling videos and audios. That is very challenging when you are on the road."
  • icon"The thing that i hated using this application that it was taking a hell lot of time to connect. A number of time It stopped showing the picture while someone is representing."
  • icon"It wasn't and they updated for the same or worst. The product is not user-friendly."

Browse all Webex Reviews

• Have you used Webex and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 6,181 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 6,181 reviews

Vevinkumar

Solid and Reliable Online Meeting Tool

Ernesto Alfonso

Alta calidad

La conectividad fue posible gracias a Webex, pudimos crerar diferentes salas virtuales de reunión, continuar con la escuela online y conectar alrededor del mundo.

Pros

Tiene una gran estabilidad, es muy completo y funciona de maravilla.

Cons

La implementación es complicada, hay que crear cuentas personales, descargar un software y saber dar inicio a las sesiones. Requiere capacitación.

Reasons for choosing Webex

Porque souciona los problemas de conectividad y es mas estable, permite crear distintos salones.

Reasons for switching to Webex

Por la calidad de comunicación tan estable y buena.

Kelly M

May 2022

It's simple to use and facilitates teamwork

Using Webex, video conferencing is a simple and straightforward process. I've used Webex to participate in interviews and instructional webinars, among other things. Installation and use across many devices is really simple and functional.

Pros

Its user role administration is simple to use, and its functions are not complicated, but rather straightforward. When preparing a presentation, I really appreciate the annotate feature. Additionally, the program offers real-time translation as well as subtitling capabilities. I appreciate that the program is simple to set up and that it is simple to communicate with colleagues all around the world.

Cons

When used on mobile devices, it does not function correctly. When I have computer troubles (not software problems), I attempt to utilize Webex on my cell phone, but it doesn't work very well. Unfortunately, I am unable to function correctly.

Reasons for switching to Webex

Team meetings, video conferences, webinars, and other types of events may all be held using Webex. Useful capabilities like as screen sharing, recording phone calls, and phoning into a webex conference through the phone are included.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

April 2022

Good for legacy but now there are apps better than Webex - "To be honest"

Overall now, we just use it sometimes just for meeting. We have switched to MS teams and it is goos and working fine. A bit less on AV from Teams but its ease of access, user interface and user experience is very much more good than other applications.

Pros

Webex by Cisco almost started a new trend in the AV communication and then later onn group meeting and then went uptill webinar, but as we got modernized webex did not. It added many new features to the application but probably in the older style where they did not keep an important thing in mind that is ease of access. The more features were added the more complex they made it to work. Still i would suggest if your work is realted to AV services only with WEBEX then you would not get a better application that this.

Cons

The time when Webex started putting in new features, they missed ease of access and sometime the dropdown were too complex that not for everyone but middle aged people like 45-50 years working corporate employees found it too tough for them to use or understand the new features that was introduced. Still on AV part, I am the biggest fan of Webex and still for our candidates interview we use Webex for other things we opted for other products like internal meetings and internal chats and communication.

Reasons for switching to Webex

It was good for a start up company but later we need ed more features.

Muneer

A worthy opponent for Zoom

Overall Webex is a solid meetings software and I can see myself using it for several years to come.

Pros

I use it as my day to day meeting setup for official and unofficial work. What I like I that it is very easy to use and not tht tech savy type softwares I have used in the past.

Cons

What I don't like is the pricing, it is a bit on the higher side.

Reasons for choosing Webex

It had more functions and can accommodate more members.

Reasons for switching to Webex

Webex can accommodate more members.

April 2022

Cisco Webex - A leading video conferencing and online meeting platform.

My experience is great with webex except the slow startup issue of webex ( It might be due to low RAM of my device). I used webex for college lectures during my 4th year of engineering and for team meetings, online presentations during my internships and online interviews for placement. I highly recommend this platform.

Pros

High Quality audio and video support, because quality is very important when it comes to critical customers meeting and team meetings. and other features like screen sharing, screen mirroring. and the best thing is that unlike other video conferencing softwares webex works really good for low bandwidth also.

Cons

Cisco webex is taking much more time to load and start the meeting and takes more than usual time to update.

Reasons for switching to Webex

Cisco webex is more secure and safe platform than zoom, and also the webex is the big market leader in video conferencing solutions and most of the people are using it.

Pragnesh

March 2022

Use WebEx for remote meeting

Overall WebEx is good option and I would recommend using Microsoft Teams as a backup. Just in case the server of WebEx is busy, you can always use Microsoft Teams.

Pros

Easy to use both on cell phone and laptop.

Cons

Self muting option on cell phone is clumsy to use. Sometimes I have not been able to unmute myself after activating mute button.

Reasons for choosing Webex

Competitive pricing and worldwide support services.

Shelby

Webex for Media professionals

My overall experience with Webex is positive, it has been a useful tool and my team has greatly benefitted from it's utilization

Pros

My team utilizes Webex for team meetings and occasional live streams. What I enjoy most about Webex is the ease of use and the setup process was simple. We haven't encountered any technical issues with Webex since we began using it in 2020, our meetings run smoothly and the features they offer are productive. As a host I have a lot of options, my team feels secure, and we are effective in our work.

Cons

Although we have no technical issues, there have been privacy concerns raised within my team.

Reasons for choosing Webex

We chose Webex over Zoom because the company has been around longer and they have a better reputation. Trust is an important part of this decision making process.

Rajiv

May 2022

Webex Review for Learning Management System

I use it weekly as a communication tool between students and the professors.

Pros

The software has a nice bunch of controls and the functionalities work really well

Cons

It takes a while to get the hang of the features

Reasons for choosing Webex

The number of users it supports and the competitive pricing

Yamkela

Webex is good for meetings

I love it, it is easy to use and i can work with almost all the features

Pros

It is easy to collaborate with emails and access links via email to go to the meetings, clear voices of the speaker and the camera is good quality

Cons

More background styles can be added, and the video can get much better in terms of resolution

Reasons for switching to Webex

Webex makes better sense and can record meetings easier than other platforms

eldy

April 2022

Best choice for companies with good it security

webex provides better security than other softwares in case of remote work

Pros

remote work, screen sharing,lock meetings

Cons

it is very slow sometimes and too expensive

Reasons for choosing Webex

some clients don't allow us to access their system using teamveiwer

webex is not affordable

April 2022

Good platform for having meetings

I occupationally use Webex for interview purposes. Some companies like Apple prefer meeting using Webex. I never had an issue using Webex, but I had to switch to some coding platform when we had to discuss coding capabilities.

Pros

Webex is a video call platform, which mostly used for professional purposes. You can arrange and take part in audio and video meetings over Webex. There are many cool features in Webex such as whiteboard, which you can use to draw and explain your thoughts to others.

Cons

Webex does not have any sort of iterated development environment. Therefore, it is not possible to explain to, write/show example code, or collaborate coding or documenting with others using Webex.

Reasons for switching to Webex

Different companies and persons have different preferences. It mostly depends on what the organization prefers. I prefer Zoom meetings because my university purchase zoom services and, therefore; I get it for free.

Scott

April 2022

Versatile tool for today's business environment!

Business problems are really discussed in the "pros" section above. Many in our company are now able to work from home for multiple days of the week on a permanent basis. Having a tool like Webex helps make this possible and I see it leading to cost savings as office space shrinks in the future. I'm very happy with the tool and enjoy its use.

Pros

With the new work from home push brought on from the COVID 19 pandemic, we needed to find tools that would facilitate the new normal. Webex is a great tool that we use for multiple applications. 1. We use this for internal chat back and forth within the company. This tool provides instant messaging that is faster than e-mail and more likely to be read by the user. 2. It is very good for web conferencing. This tool and others like it save on travel costs by allowing group meetings with people from all over the world to collaborate - face to face if the cameras are used. It is so much better than the expensive, clunky video conferencing equipment from 10-15 years ago. In addition to the web conferences, you can share your screen and do a live demo when conducting training on an ERP or other software applications. 3. VOIP - for me, working from home is a mixed blessing. One of the issues I have with working at home is that my cell service is very spotty in my home (we have cut the cord and only have cellular) Using Webex for VOIP yields a clearer signal than my cell phone and the cost is low for the VOIP services. 4. Security - our IT team evaluated this and found it to meet security requirements to allow use. (One of two collaboration/meeting tools allowed)

Cons

I don't have much that I dislike on this tool. One thing that can be a problem is that I have multiple tools we use for web conferencing and chat messages. Between checking two chat boxes plus e-mail and handling live calls and web conferences, it is easy to miss a message with so many ways to send them. I sometimes fail to see that I have a Webex message until hours or sometimes days later.

Edgar

February 2022

The brand does matter when you're looking for something good...

I think that Webex seeks to expand its target market, not just be a communications software solution used by large companies with hundreds of employees, but also reach people who need to have quality, secure and reliable communication, which I think is a great Webex initiative. Having access to a top-level communications tool like Webex is fabulous, it's such a complete tool, I'm going to call it powerful, that when you get to use it efficiently you realize that your own activities or business improves, your life becomes easier. for having everything you need to use with all the people you need to communicate with. Webex integrates with many of the software applications that are commonly used today in our work or professional world; promotes the concept of hybrid work (work is not where you go, it's what you do and how you do it), inclusion where language is not a barrier (transcription in real time in more than 100 languages), among other concepts, which I think is a wonderful collaborative tool.

Pros

The brand does matter when you are looking for something good, it matters when you are looking for stable environments, reliable communications and available at any time, it does matter when you need support, people who help you in those moments when you really need it. It is not only what you see on your screen as a user or what you can do with the tool, but also what exists behind it, which many times we do not see, we do not know, and therefore we give little or no importance. I have been involved in the world of information technology and communications for years; I do not consider myself a guru, an expert specialist in a subject, but I have had the opportunity to grow professionally alongside companies or brands that today do not need an introduction, they do not need someone like me to speak well of them; For many years they have demonstrated with their position in the market the importance and value they offer in today's life, a life of changes, adaptation, and long-distance communication to be closer each time. There are many Communications tools, many applications that allow calls between users, establish remote meetings, send messages/chat (in fact I think there are many that offer these services), but when someone ask me what I like most about Webex, my answer It's simple and clear: "Webex by Cisco". Webex has the knowledge, experience, technology and support of Cisco, If you're looking for something good for all your communications, Webex is the solution.

Cons

Cisco offers robust solutions (Webex is not the exception); from my point of view it has always been characterized by having very good solutions functionally (seek to be powerful and simple at the same time) that fulfill the purpose for which they were developed, hardware and software, and the Cisco's graphical user interfaces (GUI) usually have become so simple (simplified functions in a few buttons or few options) that are not as friendly as they could be. It seems to me the GUI of Webex could be more user-friendly because in my experience many end users need graphic and colorful solutions that make it easier for them to use the tools (our brain works by capturing images among many others), otherwise not everyone will be ready to use Webex even though it is an excellent communications tool.

Felipe

The professional choice for collaboration

Excellent experience. During the pandemic, there were very specific moments of deterioration of the service as a result of the explosion in the use of this type of tools (it multiplied x10). It is something that affected all online video conferencing and collaboration tools globally. Including Zoom and Microsoft. However, Webex knew better to measure up

Pros

I've been using Webex for over a decade. Being a Cisco product gives me the guarantees of being robust, secure and continuously updated. In the last year, many new Artificial Intelligence functions and other interesting features (p.e. simultaneous translation) have been integrated. In addition, it complements very well with the rest of the Cisco portfolio for videoconferencing, voice, contact center, etc.

Cons

Little to complain about Webex. Perhaps that is more expensive than other similar options. But it is a product oriented to professional use that is worth what it costs. Security is very important, and that pays for.

More robust and secure.

Reasons for switching to Webex

Microsoft Teams and Zoom Meeting are good choices too. But Webex is more robust, secure and complete

papa arona

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

great online meeting tool

Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. Simply select the "Schedule a Meeting" option, then choose any meeting template to set up a meeting. Meeting participation and collaboration is also made easy. You can send invitations with instructions to attendees on how to join the meeting in an invitation email, along with the meeting password. The platform allows you to join the meeting from your computer system, mobile device or video system. You can also join the meeting directly from the browser, without installing the application or creating an account with Webex. Setting up the webinar is easy, and you can do so directly from the dashboard by clicking on the "Host an event" option. Webex also allows you to record the webinar for later viewing and provides real-time technical support during the webinar. You can also choose how to connect to audio, mute or unmute your microphone, and turn your video on or off before joining a meeting. In addition, you can select audio options such as "computer audio," "call me" and "call audio" when using the Webex Meetings app. Webex Analytics is an option that gives you access to interactive graphs and data visualizations that describe details such as usage and adoption trends. There's even an option to install all reports in a CSV file.Other features include real-time translation in over 100 languages, screen sharing, displaying your screen status, notes, and more.

Pros

- Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. - Webex has a blog full of useful articles, an FAQ section and offers experts help. - Webex has essential features including HD video, screen sharing, in-app voice, joining a meeting from any video system, chat and more. - Interactive participation with annotation tools and whiteboards. - Advanced meeting analytics to provide insight into what happened with your participants. - Host an unlimited number of meetings.

Cons

- Not suitable for large scale webinars. - You must subscribe to additional plans to host multiple meetings simultaneously.

Oscar

New Webex - The best for collaboration

We like it a lot. We've been replacing other tools and simplifying everything into a single Webex Suite. Leaving aside other tools and using only this one, helps to take better control of the work carried out. Although to a certain extent it is impossible to ignore other tools, this particular one is already used by the majority of users in most collaboration cases.

Pros

It is very simple to use in general. The tool can be used by clients and business partners for free, which allows us to collaborate with them in a safe and comprehensive way with the rest of our solutions. Although we have our license that includes storage in the cloud, customers or business partners do not need to pay anything to collaborate with us and use our spaces. Which makes it a very convenient tool.

Cons

I think the costs are not the best. To be able to use and take advantage of it, you have to acquire different types of licenses and integrations. For example with Webex Meetings, it is not something that you have for sure, it is something that is integrated as long as you have all the licenses and subscriptions.

Reasons for choosing Webex

It was the one that could help us integrate the most collaboration tools. It allows us to have a single tool for almost all collaboration needs.

Reasons for switching to Webex

We have managed to unify the use of other tools into one. For example Webex already includes remote support, which allows us to reduce the use of TeamViewer. Webex also has Chat and file sharing so using Microsoft Teams is no longer necessary. And with meetings along with all the extra functionality it makes Zoom less of a requirement. Although we cannot say that we have stopped using these tools (since if they are useful and necessary at times) it has made it easier for us to use a single Webex Suite.

Webex Review

Pros

Powerful Security: This is perhaps the main advantages of Webex. Cisco is the biggest endeavor network safety organization on the planet, so you can trust it to guarantee your protection and information security inside a Webex call. Webex encodes every one of your information regardless of which plan you purchase. Organizations whose information security is absolutely critical can find supreme harmony of psyche here. Community Sound and Video Conferencing: Lean toward your conferencing arrangement with every one of the ruffles? Webex has everything, enveloped with a strong client experience. You get HD video show, where you can see up to 25 members all at once. You can visit inside the call, whiteboarding to work together on notes, in addition to breakout spaces for classes or group building works out. We especially like the screen sharing and control usefulness, which, dissimilar to different instruments we've attempted, doesn't influence show quality, and it's not difficult to share or switch between discrete windows or the whole work area.

Cons

Incidental Call Quality and Association Issues: Call quality is by and large great, and the encompassing commotion decrease highlight is superior to different apparatuses we've attempted. Yet, in light of the fact that Webex is so broadly utilized, there's consistently the danger of blackouts. We've encountered a couple throughout testing various items, and sporadically Webex sets aside some effort to interface, or we lose video or sound for a couple of moments. We've likewise experienced difficulty conceding members on a few events. Restricted Personalization Choices: Webex incorporates virtual foundations, however not as wide a determination as contenders like Zoom. There's an absence of fun personalization highlights found in different apparatuses like shading plans and window format choices.

Kelly

The most reliable conferencing software out there

After having tried several other products, I have come back to WebEx time and time again.

Pros

I use Webex to teach continuing education courses at my local community college. I actually pay for an account out of my own pocket after having so much trouble with the software the college provided. Webex is very consistent. It's rare that a student has trouble getting on. It allows me to share my screen, record sessions, track attendance, use breakouts, share files and video. Really, anything I've needed to do. The phone app is very good and I've had to use it when my power went out during class. I just hopped on the mobile app and finished teaching from my phone.

Cons

The only downfall of the software is that users have to download a plugin to use it on their computer. Rarely do any of my students have an issue with it. However, people seem more resistant to downloading things these days and some of them do complain about it.

Reasons for choosing Webex

I like the WebEx interface better.

Reasons for switching to Webex

WebEx is the most reliable software I've used for teaching. I rarely have technical issues with it.

Oscar

Webex Meetings

I quite liked it. It is very easy to start a conference. It also has a waiting room for participants who can tell that they are already inside so that the organizer can start the conference. Meeting scheduling is very useful, and easily integrates with calendars like Outlook.

Pros

It is very easy to use. It allows a large capacity of participants and allows sessions to be recorded. Something that makes it a very good option is that it allows you to enter the sections even by dialing a number without the need for software (although it would only be audio). The integration that it has with other Christ solutions and that allows adding a great variety of video conferencing devices makes it a very flexible application.

Cons

Price may be one of its downsides. Comparing it to others like Zoom, the price may go up a bit. However, for a medium to large company, buying by volume can compensate for this situation.

Reasons for choosing Webex

Cisco Webex is more flexible. Zoom doesn't allow us all the flexibility that we have. And buying in volume for all members of the organization helped us lower costs, which made us decide on Webex.

Satya

Cisco Webex Review

The overall experience is awesome. It has a lot of features that can be useful for Meeting, Collaborations, Scheduling future interviews etc. Nice Audio and Video Quality. Screen sharing and Nice virtual Background Options. During this Covid situation Webex is the tool that saved us and we could deliver work deliverables properly and timely manner.

Pros

Cisco Webex meeting is the awesome tool for meetings, collaborations, creating appointments for any event. Nice Screen sharing options. The best part is Recording meeting which can be stored and referred later. Nice Chatting options also. You can choose whom to talk or you can chat to the whole team. Nice Video and Sound Quality. Easily Integrated with Microsoft outlook that's why we can create meeting from outlook easily including WebEx link. We can have our personal room where you can collaborate with the team. It can be accessed outside the VPN network. Easily can download on Mobile without any need of Company network. Nice notification settings which will be pretty nice and from the notifications you can join meeting. We can connect to a phone also to have a call between team members.

Cons

The Tool is pretty heavy which takes a lot of memory on the system since it includes a lot of stuff on its own. Can't avoid surrounding noise. We need to install some other plugins to avoid that.

Reasons for choosing Webex

Zoom Meeting doesn't have Record meeting options. It doesn't have option to cancel the surrounding noise. It doesn't have integration with Microsoft Outlook.

Reasons for switching to Webex

Skype is not that good with respect to Meeting with the Team. No Record meeting options in both of them. No Integration with Microsoft Outlook.

Veljko

Handles large meetings quite well, but people still join with two devices to avoid issues

It is being used by our client, big banking corporation, that trust the privacy of the platform which is probably the main driver for its choice. I've had much better user-experience with other similar software, but this being a "forced" platform to use, it's not that bad nowadays. Hopefully, they'd keep on improving it in the future as well.

Pros

I've seen webex meetings with about 150 participants and it worked without any issues. For big events it can even support the 'hidden participants' which is also great for hosting public events. Recently it got several updates which got rid of some of the most annoying problems with the platform (the "person joined the meeting" sound, people forgetting to mute themselves upon entering, ability to have co-hosts, introduced "push-to-talk" feature, easy switching between audio/video devices). Ability to easily record sessions is a plus. The desktop client can sync with Outlook/Webex so you can enjoy the "one-click-to-join" experience. It also works with people from outside the organization (anonymous logins), which enables widespread usage with contractors or other external staff in general.

Cons

* In a meeting with ~100 people, around 30 of them will have joined with two devices - they would use one for seeing the screen and sharing video, and the other one for audio. It appears there's still issues with it which is quite annoying being it's 2021 and that's one of the basic features. * The features only started rolling out since the pandemic broke out - the webex was looking pretty bad for quite some time, and it seems it got the attention only when competition threatened to surpass it. It's still not ideal and the product roadmap seems to be secret, which makes it hard to estimate its future. * If you install the desktop client it is constantly using the microphone (even when there's no meeting, it's just sitting in the system-tray) - this not only raises concerns around privacy, but also my headphones don't like it and have constant background noise from it - I have to shut down the client to stop it.

Pressilla

Great Video & Audio Quality

I totally love incorporating this software into my weekly business meetings and sometimes for meeting with clients. It is super easy to use for the clients as well. Love that there is nothing to download or install for people who are suspicious of viruses. Quality of the video and audio are truly amazing and makes my presentations flawless.

Pros

I use this software for video conference meetings. The HD video is of high quality and the sound quality is really great. Since our company is small, the free version works well since we can have up to 100 participants with no charge. The best part for me is that there is nothing to install or download for users. You just click a button and join the meeting. They offer additional packages at reasonable rates for company's that need more features. They allow you to use the free Webex meetings plan without entering a credit card so that's amazing. Whenever you are ready to upgrade to a paid plan, then you can enter payment. That is a big peace of mind for someone like me. It is super easy to use on my PC or mobile device. There are also tons of interactive tools so that your guests can participate and the layout is easy on the eyes and attractive.

Cons

It doesn't have the capability for you to include a user anonymously, which was a downfall for us because sometimes administration may need to queue in on the meeting for observation or feedback without making your guests nervous. The virtual background features are limited and not as vibrant as other similar programs. Also there is no notification sound when someone raises their hand, so you have to pay attention to your screen throughout presentation.

Better Quality

Aki

Industry: Chemicals

Cisco WebEx Meeting Huge Improvement

Eight months ago, I would not recommend WebEx Meeting. But now, November 2020, WebEx Meeting is definitely a different one, and is already at par, if not exceeded Zoom as the standard for virtual meetings.

Pros

The Pros: As Zoom has been the standard of virtual meeting since pandemic, WebEx meeting has quickly improved from their lackluster features 8 months ago, to almost Zoom. Our company has been using WebEx as standard virtual conference platform. It used to be very buggy and laggy and having audio and video performance issues. Now, it's one click audio and video integrated in internet. No need to dial separately using phone call. I like the GUI now as it is more intuitive than before. I like the mobile connectivity and the capability to do breakout rooms and mute everyone without unmuting themselves. AI features are also great. Now they've introduced background noise suppression, so I do not need a third party software like Krisp. We also like the introduction of cohosting to give some assistance to the host of the meeting. Overall, we are enjoying the use of WebEx Meeting unlike previously.

Cons

Although WebEx Meetings has improved a lot, there are still a few features not working properly. 1. Virtual Background in video eats a lot of computer memory and sometimes causing laptop to freeze. 2. The breakout rooms do not have advance assignments yet, so imagine you have 500 attendees and you have to break them up manually.

Reasons for choosing Webex

I believe they offer other platforms for real-time chat, that is why WebEx Meeting has been considered.

Nelson Kipchirchir

An awesome online meeting tool!

Pros

No too many logins needed just a meeting link, one click, and boom! you join the meeting The application provides a very clear audio and video quality. The number of people it can accommodate in meetings awesome. The meeting still goes on even if the host disconnects or has internet connectivity problems. The android phone application is very stable and anyone with a good phone can use it. A good tool for conducting interviews online as it provides additional functionalities like a lobby and also meeting locking.

Cons

The pricing is slightly higher for individuals with a low budget. They should look into that It also needs a very stable internet bandwidth. I did not like the idea of using voice over the internet while using mobile phones. It also proved a difficulty for people who have no complete understanding of users to use the app on a mobile phone.

Reasons for choosing Webex

The video/audio quality of Webex is awesome plus it has more additional features which make it easy to conduct virtual meetings more interactive as compared to other related products.

Showing 1 - 25 of 6,181 reviews