• Pros

• "I like to see who are the instructors for the ASL Program and to identify the ASL Pal with the schedule. I like how it is in the system. "

• "I was able to communicate with professor easily and other classmates as well. Easy access to assignments to review with the professor face to face. "

• "I like how easy and simple it was to navigate through the program, with a simple layout and everything at your fingertips"

• Cons

• "Needed a little guidance on where to go to find things to use but it was still pretty explanatory. "

• "I couldn't find the "test camera" feature in time which delayed my meeting, but other than the simple ignorance of me not being able to find a simple function everything else was great!"

• "*Sometimes, the person will request a schedule in the last minute. The schedule should be posted at least 48 hours. "

Browse ConexED Reviews

Laura from Bon Secour Memorial College of nursing

Cranium cafe

This system addressss accreditation needs and they model the service by having the green light on and being able to knock on someone’s door anytime you need help.

Pros

In the world of online learning ConexED replicates the face to face “knock on the door” experience. Customer service is superior.

Cons

Early adopters take to it easy, those that are late adopters defer to a phone if any questions/challenges arise

Highly Recommended

There customer service is amazing. They are quickly available, willing to listen to ideas, and fix issues quickly.

Pros

ConexEd is extremely customizable in order to meet the needs of individual campuses. It provides open access to students to reach college services remotely, and decreases manual work required to track students and provide services. We have been able to use this for advising appointments, online chat to answer questions, advise students in other states, and to register students for New Student Orientation. It is a one stop shop that meets the majority of our needs. On the administrative side I can easily capture data to report out to leadership the work we are doing as a department. On the student side it is self explanatory and requires little explanation and we have gotten extremely positive feedback on its use. The system has a lot of automated features such as email, text reminders, google synch, and customized office hours to allow for advisors to focus their time on advising students.

Cons

ConexEd is great about working on any recommendations or building in features we may need. The only issue I have is that sometimes we have so much data that the system will not quickly provide it and on occassion I will need to reach out to the organization to pull the data for me.

Henry from Southwestern Community College

More features for in person meetings

Extremely easy to work with. We've managed to bring up ideas or needs and they were very quick to respond.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to embed helpful cafe cards makes this much easier to use than simple zoom meetings. Can expand for multiple departments.

Cons

Right now we are juggling between this software and SARS. SARS handles the in person appointments best. At the same time I'm sure we're not the only institution that wants to drop SARS. If Conexed focused more on a friendlier in person appointment setup you'd get even more interest.

Melody from Imperial Valley College

Off to an amazing start!

Excellent. Service stands out way above the rest. In my job I have to work with several application vendors, and the experience with ConexEd has been the best thus far. Super responsive with a "try to get to yes" attitude with any issue that comes up. I wish more products would have such a strong and responsive support structure like ConexEd!

Pros

Very easy to use with a modern interface that end users desire. Customer service team is incredible, with fast response times. The pricing for the product was transparent and showed how it paid for itself on the quote. Great team.

Cons

Only wish it could do more! It is a GREAT product, but not there yet to completely replace our other product that also does case management as well as early alert flags and kudos. Would love to be able to walk away from the other product completely... right now it feels redundant to have both - but I get a lot of complaints about the other product. End users wish we could completely switch to ConexEd for case management and early alert functions (with LMS integration).

Great product for academic advisors!

Overall I really really like working with ConexED and their product! Everyone is quick in responding to any issues.

Pros

I love how students can use this product for all scheduling every type of meeting with me: in person, phone, or video. It even allows chat. It's all in one place and the appointments sync with my calendar so it blocks appointment times if I am unavailable. I also love the intake forms students complete when they make an appointment so I know how to prepare for each student.

Cons

Sometimes there is glitches in the system and students make appointments for themselves and not with me. One time a student got a text message a day early. However, several times the error may be the student not understanding how the software works.

Robert from Crafton Hills College

My review after 2-year use of ConexED.

Overall, I love the tool with the exception of the Cons I pointed out above. If these could be addressed, that would be great.

Pros

I like most the ease of use for both students and myself as a counselor. Also, I'm able to mark/highlight areas on forms uploaded from my ConexED library as I'm working with students online. The students can download what we went over on these forms into their computer. I like that students can wait in a lobby while I'm currently working with another student.

Cons

1) The playback of recorded sessions is slow. 2) I cannot record my written work on the White Board and my power point presentations. 3) It's an expensive tool especially when Confer Zoom is free for California Community Colleges.

Ariana from Chaffey

Student Perspective

It made things a lot easier for my online class and I looked forward to using it because it was helpful, I really hope more classes utilize this software.

Loving Cranium Cafe

Our representative is the best. She is always available if I or my colleagues have questions.

Pros

I love that it gives my students another option to have counseling sessions with me. I work with a population of students who do have access to computers and the internet but may not be able to drive down to the college for an appointment. We are in a rural area and people work so fitting in a counseling appointment at a convenient time for them over cranium cafe has been great.

Cons

I wish we could change the size of the font on the whiteboard.

Angelique from WLAC

ConexEd- Cranium Cafe game changer!

Overall I have had an amazing experience with ConexEd team! They have been super supportive and made the transition process for our department very smooth.

Pros

ConexEd is a one stop shop! Once you get the hang of the platform it is really easy to use. The platform is generally user-friendly and the support team is amazing at tailoring everything to your exact needs!

Cons

The only issue I have seen is the initial set up and use for our students. There is a bit of a learning curve but a quick video tutorial should help ease the issues.

Loretta from El Camino College

Industry: Information Services

Generatin CeonexED

ConexED is excellent for the current and next generation. It provides an opportunity for busy people like me to do orientation, workshops, counselor meetings, gets online support, and helps me meet new people -- all in one place. It's like an online outdoor shopping mall!

Pros

I am a full-time working woman, wife, mother, and student. My schedule does not permit me to go on campus to meet with counselors. ConexEd has bridged that gap where I can meet online for 10-15 minutes with a counselor and get on with my day. Using ConexED, I can avoid traffic, waiting in long lines, and make an appointment according to my schedule. It is a great tool for people on the go.

Cons

There have been times when connecting online was a challenge. My counselor could hear but not see me. Other times, we could not see or hear each other. The alternative, however, is that we have the "chat" option. Using the chat option still allows her and me to communicate - even though the meeting lasts longer than the usual 10 minutes, it was still profitable.

Ken from Los Rios Community College District

Great for the counseling space

Pros

It's really easy to use, being able see someone's availability and schedule appointments 24/7 is very helpful for students, and it can reduce the workout on the counseling office as they will no longer need to schedule every student appointment or simply check availability for students. The session is intuitive, it's very easy to sign in using SSO, and there is minimal training needed in order to effectively use the platform.

Cons

There are some limitations in ConexED, but those mostly center around the product not being in the same space as some of the other virtual meeting software products. It isn't designed to do everything, and knowing that makes it a non-issue, but it is not as full-featured as some other products.

Daniella from Chaffey College

Industry: Fine Art

ConexED Review from Student

Overall, I really enjoy the software and it has made a positive impact on my academic life.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease. It was not complicated to use as I initially had thought it would be. It was also really helpful in a academic environment and made everything so much easier.

Cons

The least thing I dislike about this software is months after one of my meetings, the footage had erased when I wanted to go back. Possibly have a reminder when the recording of the meeting will vanish?

Debra from Gallaudet University

Instructors -

*I had a troubleshooting with the video. I had to close Safari and opened Google Chrome to allow the video to set in place. Often, the video is a bit blurred.

Berenice from Cerritos

Conexed

Great experience

Pros

Easy to use and accessible, it does everything I need it

Cons

Small issues with calendar that don’t allow us more usability comparable to google calendar

Manny from Metro By T-Mobile

Industry: Wireless

Review for ConexED

I am just a college student trying to have easier access to my professors, as I take a lot of online class, and this is a good resource for that.

Karen from Nevada State College

Industry: Writing and Editing

First time using

My overall experience with ConexED was great and easy. I am not to good with technology, but it was really easy to set up and the navigation was great.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to upload documents and how easy it was for others to view it. Overall format of ConexEd is great and easily navigable.

Cons

The only thing that I disliked was that the other person had difficulty assessing the camera as well as seeing my signature.

Gary from JAG Company Inc., (The)

Appling Mechanics as soft skills, by taking initiative, and applying self care for my self as well.

He was to the point, good, hesitant about the answer to my questions, he was direct enough that I already knew the answer that I was asking, other than that I did know the answer that he gave that reinforced me with confirmation, and I got the impression that he did also.

Pros

Easy to use, moden, more then expected for intended purpose, however not a bad think to use optional accessories with for hands free full duplex two way a conversation.

Cons

That I was not able yet to do more then view, and key in response, even though receiving audio input for the other person in the conversation.

Pros

I found the functionality to be outstanding! Having multiple viewing screens allowed me to feel as if I was not only having a meeting, but a more engaged experience as Personal screens were able to be viewed and documents shared seemlessly.

Cons

In the beginning of one of sessions, there was some delay in getting the audio to work. Another time, the video image did not work for a couple of minutes. These were very minor issues that resolved itself within the same session.

Myriam from Bellevue College

Excellent for instructors and eLearning classes

Pros

Easy to use for students and instructors. Most commands are intuitive. The connection is stable. I like the fact that some diagrams and documents can be stored for future meetings on the same topic. The interaction is close captioned allowing UDL. Even if some words are not well understood by the system because they are scientific terms, it can be corrected and is a minor nuisance.

Cons

The digital pen on the surface was not as responsive as I would wish.

APINERU from Barstow Community College

ConexED

Great opportunity to reach, teach and talk with students online and Counsel them through their academic journey.

Pros

User Friendly program that creates a distant face-to-face opportunity for connection.

Cons

A few technical difficulties but I believe that was on my side due to older computer equipment.