(8,090)

2,253

Browse Google Workspace Reviews

Oliver from MyTutor

Great Software Suite - Highly Recommended for a Cloud-Centric Company

Generally fantastic - we have a lot to worry about in the IT team but Google Workspace is almost never one of those things. Everything just works, customer service has been consistently great when needed, and the software suite is unparalleled in breadth and usability.

Pros

Fully cloud based, accessible anywhere. Easy to set up and administer, which is a dream for a smaller company and still useful for larger ones. There's plenty of options there if you need them and as a package it's almost impossible to compete with it. The integration across each tool is seamless and our helpdesk almost never hears about Google Workspace related issues.

Cons

The pricing structure can be a little confusing, and the tiers can force you to pay more due to one vital extra feature amongst many useless ones (though they do offer great pricing deals for scaling companies). The admin console can be a challenge to navigate sometimes, with a specific setting hidden in a nonsensical place, but that's not unusual for this kind of tool.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Google is 100% cloud based and OS-agnostic. We run a diverse fleet of Windows, macOS and Linux machines, and staff often make use of tools on their phones. Google products work the same way on any device and that's extremely useful.

Adebayo from RipMark Digital Media

Workspace-Every team’s most needed software

It’s a must have. Everyone uses google gmail and hence having it as a full suite solves the problem of paying for multiple softwares

Pros

The integration of our domain name to workspace so we can send and receive emails directly on gmail

Cons

It’s difficult to open attachments sent to the email integrated into the workspace

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

One suite that does it all

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

To make use of the other services provided by workspace

Stephen Brent from One Foot Over

A great tool for us now but it might not be forever

Overall, we're happy but Microsoft 365 is always a possible switch based on our clientele. There are days using it would make our lives easier.

Pros

There is little to no setup to make things work as we need them to. It is extremely easy to collaborate on and share documents. Using it internally is seamless and it does everything we need it to do for our internal team.

Cons

The biggest downside to using Google Workspace is that the adoption is not widespread. Most clients are willing to dabble with it when we share documents but they are using Microsoft 365 internally, so it is a pain point. The rollout of Shared Drives seems to eventually be promising but the lack of sharing customization makes it impossible to use with external clients. As a marketing agency, we don't want to share everything but we don't want to share individual documents either, so the lack of folder sharing makes it useless for us. I also wish Google Slides was more feature-rich so it could be a true replacement for PowerPoint, but customizing templates and formatting presentations to look polished is just not as easy.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

It was truly a personal preference. We're a Mac shop and 365 for Mac isn't always great, so this just made sense at the time.

Annalisa from Notre Dame

GSuite Makes Process Collaboration Easy

That being said, overall, GSuite is one of the most-used tools by me. I work with data sets, creative projects, photos, and more as a Social Media Coordinator and Admin. My joint-role means I'm working on a lot of different kinds of projects, and my fast-paced timelines means the consolidation of tools in one place makes G Suite super appealing and efficient. Highly recommend.

Pros

It's so easy to collaborate with GSuite. Just this week we kicked-off a complete overhaul of our processes due to retiring staff, and desire for standardization. I'll focus on Team Drives, and document sharing: -With GSuite, we set up a Team Drive that all staff have access to. It's easy to find when you click Drive, right there under your personal drive. -Using Gsuite allowed not only our manager, but also staff, to create folders as buckets of processes. For example, we use Slate, and an older CRM system, Banner, which each have wildly different levels of technical execution, but are used at the same time. Our staff just dumped a bunch of individual processes which we can now view, edit, and share back as the standardization process continues. -Easy to see who made edits, and when. So, if we have a question about a process line, we'll simply look to the edit, and can easily track and clarify questions. -GSuite does, however, have an incredible range of tools, which are all equally visible, editable, and sharable. One of the most values tools I use at work.

Cons

There are only a few cons about GSuite. -In Google Sheets in GSuite, the organization and visual user interface is not optimal. Because whatever was just edited shows up at the top, there's no way to predict a good method of searching for documents. -GSuite in general has this issue with visual user interface among projects, including Sheets

Henry from Rockwell and Smith LLCS

A Useful Service That Falls Short

Workspace has allowed my online business to establishes a presence. The subscription offers a lot of cloud storage, e-commerce integrations and a professional email account. We do not agree that Workspace is as ubiquitous to e-commerce as they seem to be and are currently seeking alternatives.

Pros

Workspace offers everything a basic, free Gmail account offers, but it allows online business owners to tie in multiple other online assets and we have found that to be invaluable.

Cons

The different services Workspace offers are not seamlessly integrated. This has caused the management of our online presence to be time consuming and often have to retrace our steps before moving on to another task.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Zyro is an uncommon service provider that offers many of the same functions we are using with Workspace, but until Zyro makes their integrations a lot more defined, we chose to continue using Google.

Still the Best

Google workspace has always been an essential software to my team on file sharing and collaboration, I'm not thinking of replacing this software anytime soon.

Pros

What I love most about this application is the realtime editing of my documents via cloud sharing. I work online most of the time and this is always done efficiently without glitches and my whole team in different locations work in collaboration realtime. This is a great app from my perspective.

Cons

I think as a Google workspace user, I shouldn't have just one Google voice phone number. I also noticed that when I'm on Google meet, my CPU usage is overwhelming based on bandwidth usage. This should be considered by the developers in the next update which I'm earnestly waiting for.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

it wasn't as sophisticated and seamless in its operations.

Aivar from HeedYou

Quite a good collection of tools for email, files, and collaboration

A solid set of business tools that enables very easy collaboration. But if something goes wrong, unless you know someone at Google, you're usually out of luck.

Pros

Easy to share and collaborate on documents Ability to import and export documents in multiple formats Reliable file storage Virtual email addresses (where multiple people can see and reply to the same incoming email)

Cons

Spam handling is broken, and has been for a long time. Link to approve or reject a message actually leads to a 404 page in my case Support is very hard to reach and it mostly just replies with copy-paste messages, without solving anything as is the case with any Google product

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Mostly due to collaboration. MS Office required everyone to have a subscription to meaningfully work on shared files.

Suzannah from Digi Telecommunications

Best with document collaboration

This software is my solutions for most of my work problem. It can do everything that my work need, like communication, document creation, collaborations and cloud storing. The security imposed to this software is very reliable and i have never afraid my data will be leaked from this software.

Pros

By using a single registration of google account, i can access various type of software that are under Google Workspace. Working with my colleague in collaborating a document that we work together is really efficient with this software, as both of us have the a permission to access and edit the document and we can edit the document at the same time.

Cons

There are not much that i can ask more for this software, as i think they has doing a very good job in constructing this workspace. Thing that i think they should improve is the customer support. Is is very difficult get hold of them, and the email that i has sent are left unanswered for days if not weeks.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Google Workspace has everything that i need for my work and more reliable.

Brenten from Brenten Lamoncha

Industry: Industrial Automation

Amazing For Collaborating!

My overall experience has been outstanding. I love every aspect of this software, especially the simplicity of use.

Pros

This software makes collaborating so incredibly simple for businesses! It’s easy to organize and share all kinds of documents, sheets, files, etc. with others and updates in real time. I love how easy it is to work on projects with colleagues using this software. My clients also love when I use it to share files with them.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes. This software is used daily at my business and has helped efficiency in so many ways!

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

I loved every feature from the beginning! It’s so easy to use compared to other options I’ve seen that look too complicated.

Kieran from Partnership Education

God send for schools

Absolutely amazing couldn’t imagine schools without it especially lower schools it’s brilliant.

Pros

Google workspace is the easiest admin centre I’ve ever used. Managing users is easy and so is device management. You can easily apply policies and install chrome shortcuts and applications. You can aso easily change devices and users OUs and reset passwords etc.

Cons

Software could be a bit better when it comes to email forwarding as you currently cannot set forwarding easily for an inbox other than logging in as that user.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Microsoft Azure / Microsoft 365 admin centre is great but is too complicated for smaller schools it’s much more secondary and business related.

Daniel from Triptongo

Google Workspace is our online workspace

It's a must-use tool for any serious business. Other solutions are lacking in comparisson.

Pros

My business became 100% remote in the last 2 years. This was possible because we used Google Workspace as a foundation for collaborative work. We have all the raw power of a Gmail account but retaining our brand in every step.

Cons

It's Drive tool tend to became a little chaotic, without a folder hierarchy. Sharing things is easy, but maintaining order is not.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Google Workspace is more robust, more stablished solution

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Web based tools are the way to go.

Han from Housecall Pro

A Must have

Amazing sync to every platform I've encountered (so far) and just make organization, collaboration and administration simple and easy.

Pros

The product isn't perfect and google custom fits it to your needs so the price can soar, but it's very simple. Keep everything organized, streamlines tasks you'd usually spend 10-15 minutes on, and just saves time. Which when you measure out the cost (which I highly recommend) it's nothing short of amazing. The price is more than fair and from setting your templates so you can pre-fill them and just do that once (you should time yourself and then do the math) to how neat and organized even large teams and collabs can be. It's well worth it.

Cons

I disliked almost nothing about this product except that it visually looks like a pretty basic CRM apart from that it makes up for it tenfolds with how many platforms it syncs to. ( this being 1 )

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

mostly because google syncs with more platforms.

Marc from N/A

Great for Business

Great overall

Pros

Very inexpensive in fact free with very minanl push on "pro" versions

Cons

I wish the search option would skate across any and all email addresses. Sometimes I'm searching for an email under the wrong address and not able to recover it because it's under a different Gmail address.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Google is just like the parent company of the internet, I'm not a fan of giving out more information to a company that doesn't already have it.

Mohammed from IFEN

amazing features for limitless possibilities in running projects

Google Workspace has boosted the efficiency and productivity of our project teams tremendously. From task tracking, to team collaboration, to improved team communications, our capacity and output as an small organization has seen a massive gains because of Google Workspace.

Pros

It's hard to point to one thing when it comes to Google Workspace because what's most outstanding about Workspace is how intuitively it has combined multiple services and products under one umbrella and gets them to work together to near perfection. It is truly unbelievable how uncluttered and well organized the interface is, making it a breeze to switch between different component services without getting lost in navigation or overwhelmed.

Cons

I often get easily consumed once I log into my Google Workspace and lose track of other external tasks requiring my attention. Even though Workspace has tools such as calendar and notes features that can be used to prevent this from happening, I just can't seem to easily disengage once I get in.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We didn't need a 3rd party product to integrate with all the other products and services we used consistently. It therefore disrupted our workflow less.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We already had institutional subscriptions to many of the component products and services. It only made sense to integrate them all into one package with Workplace.

Eddie from NexusEdge

Best enterprise productivity essential tools and extremely cost effective

Outstanding. Spend less time doing repetitive tasks and much of manual tasks are automated so I can spend more time working rather than managing to-do lists and setting up meetings in calendars.

Pros

The connective tissue between all applications of Google Sheets, Google Keep, Drive, Meet, all integrate very nicely together to optimize for productivity. Calendars integrate with the mail seamlessly and most applications now have an easy widget to download to Google Calendar, saving time manually entering event data.

Cons

Google Meet has improved a lot, but Zoom is still a more stable video platform in my opinion. Zoom seems to have fewer glitches when internet becomes an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

More cost effective, easier collaboration.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Microsoft 365 is expensive, harder to use, harder to collaborate, requires a lot of memory to install, and doesn't innovate as frequently.

Miguel from Miami Cancer Institute

Helpful software to collaborate with teammates on a variety of documents

As a research driven individual, i have looked for a variety of resources that allow me to collaborate with my teammates on research articles that have a very tight deadline. I came across Google Software that is a highly sophisticated website with a variety of online features to accommodate any research needs from editing and formatting documents to creating folders for organization purposes and other features. I highly recommend this software to any organization that needs collaboration tools.

Pros

Google workspace is a highly sophisticated software that allows you to collaborate and share documents with other individuals that have been granted access via Gmail or any other chat platforms. I use this software on a daily basis to edit and format the research articles that my teammates and I are planning to publish in the future and I have found the tools provided by Google workspace to be extremely functional. One of my favorite features of the software is receiving the notifications over Gmail specifically when a certain section of the document has been assign to you or when you assign it to a team member. Also, this software makes notes of the changes made by a team member and allows to make comments on an specific section and this is extremely helpful when collaborating with others. The software works great on any browser and I recently find out that it can also be access through the phone as well which makes its functionality and versatility even better than I expected. This software is immensely functional and serves a variety of purposes for corporate or any organization, therefore, it is a highly multifaceted tool to collaborate with others on any document and it includes the online version of Microsoft excel, word, PowerPoint and many others

Cons

The software works great on any browser and it is highly functional and sophisticated. So far, I have not found any issues pertaining to its functionality, however, definitely one feature that could be added in the future is the offline access. This will be a great addition since it will allow you to work offline, on the road or when the internet malfunctions.

Mindy from Mindy Iannelli, LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Necessary part of my business

I use Google Workspace primarily for email and Google Drive. I do use a lot of space on the drive and I share different files and folders with many different people. This is extremely important in my line of work, as I'm also sharing files and collaborating with clients and teammates.

Pros

Using my multiple email addresses in one place is extremely important for me. I am able to use all of my email addresses and sort them as necessary into different folders, which makes life so much easier, rather than having to login to separate inboxes.

Cons

I wish that it was easier to have it respond from the email it was sent to. I can check multiple emails in one Workspace account, but when I reply it comes from my main email, unlike when you set them up separately in Gmail - I feel that system works better for multiple emails.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

It got to the point with Dropbox that I could not use it to share files and folders with others because they were always running out of space on their dropbox, and even though I had a paid plan and more space, the people I wanted to share with needed space in order to collaborate. Since then Dropbox has added the request file feature, but that only gets files to me, and I do need to share folders with others.

Rebecca from Bella Building Group LLC

A very multifaceted tool

Our company uses G Suite for email, calendar, Google Docs & Drive, Google Voice (occasionally for sales efforts), etc. In general, it works like a well oiled machine. It is great for managing teams. Also, with my account synced across devices, it makes working from anywhere seamless.

Pros

I like the many layers of customization and the various tools available as part of G Suite (Workspace). I like that I can easily manage the accounts of all Users as admin, from resetting passwords, to creating new accounts, to terminating accounts. I like that along with email, we have the calendar, and the larger Drive Storage. I like that I can do attachments up to 25mb and that Google will convert anything over to a link. I like that searching is very easy and, as creepy as it is that Google can read text in photos, I like that it helps me to find things no matter the format it is in. I like that I can turn off Conversation view (which I hate). I like that I can customize my inbox.

Cons

I HATE that when I, as admin, delete a user account, it doesn't automatically prompt me to download an archive of their email history. I wish that when deleting an account, you could set up email forwarding for a set amount of time. I hate that when I do download an email archive, it is in a file format that I cannot find any way to open. I hate that when I create an event in the calendar, it automatically creates a Hangout link (which confuses people if the invite is for a Zoom meeting - they use the wrong link). I WISH G Suite had more integration with Google Places/Business. I have tried to talk to G Suite support about issues with our business listings, but could get no help.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Years ago we used GoDaddy for our email service. It was part of our website hosting package. The transfer to G Suite worked well and we are very happy with all the added features under Google.

Michael from Masmaikel

Reliable - Must Have Product

I love it, we use it in the company very much. Starting from the survey (GoogleForm), documents (GoogleDocs) and data (GoogleSheet). It's very helpful. The team, even can save budget not to buy Microsoft product by using this online service. We love it so much.

Pros

1. Extremely easy to use 2. Easily accessible for everyone 3. Affordable for the price, already include all-in price (including mail service)

Cons

It's only a minor thing. Few shortcuts of GoogleSheet are a bit different compared to Excel. It's not a big deal though.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Google has more integrated service, and more easily available. Plus, it's cheaper.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

GoogleWorkspace compared to Microsoft: 1. Easier to use 2. Easier to collaborate 3. Cheaper in price 4. Faster 5. Greater storage Cons: 1. It needs internet connection

Bart from Accurat

The easy all-in-one collaboration suite

Google Workspace is an affordable solution for our team to make sure we can focus on the job and have everything at our disposal without the need for an IT team to manage our infrastructure or account management.

Pros

Google Workspace was our go-to-choice when moving away from a Microsoft environment. It allows us, like no other of its competitors to: 1) collaborate with ease As we work together on documents all the time, it is really easy to have Google's suite of tools at our disposal with a generous amount of data. 2) setup & onboard new users without hassle Adding new users, even temporary account for students is really easy. Sharing previous docs, an onboarding map and the likes is done with almost no effort. 3) manage rights & permissions Managing users and adding them to subsidiaries or managing individual rights is straightforward.

Cons

At first, the 100% webbased solution, was not fully trusted for users when going offline. But Google has come a long way improving towards a solution that works perfectly on and offline. Chromebooks that enter the domain are treated automatically as 'managed' by the organisation, which limits some functionalities even when this is not intended. It is a minor downside however and actually makes sense to do it this way.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We were already using google products for some time without the workspace behind it. Switching to full time use was the most natural choice.

Tyler from DCP Architecture PLLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

G-Suite is an easy pivot into the business world for new companies.

G Suite made setting up a business very easy. I don't know of an easier platform that is so familiar and painless to setup. It took a portion of a day to tie in the domain name for email, get the accounts setup, create signatures, format a mailbox and get rolling sending people my new email. It was great. The integration of Google Meets was a good addition that responded to the evolving marketplace of remote visual meetings (and at least for now it's free, which is also a great bonus).

Pros

Being a consumer Gmail user makes the step into G-Suite very easy. The interface remains the same, so you get all of the well-known advantages of gmail as a base to start with--which is great. Beyond that: the setup and management is easy, adding and subtracting users is a snap, the labels for organization is very useful, it ties apps like Docs, Calendar and Drive very well, and it's cost effective.

Cons

I would like to see the Suite continue to evolve to offer things that a business can utilize that a basic consumer might not. Google has a lot of competition to work with, people who have tried this and have examples out there to see what works and what doesn't. Specifically, some more nuanced aspects of filing / archiving, archiving an entire folder of emails to individual PDFs for record to free up drive space, sorting moving Sent emails the same way that the Inbox works. I'd also like to be able to save emails, but ditch the attachments to lower the weight on storage space.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G-Suite was a familiar package that I knew as a consumer. I had also tried G-Suite at another company and saw how easy it was to integrate me as an independent contractor into their system. From there it became an easy solution.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

I had some experience with Office 365 as part of a GoDaddy package when I secured the domain for my company. It was okay, but access was harder and it seemed more clunky/less intuitive. It was also notably more expensive.

Tiffany from Randstad USA

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Indispensable tool set, especially in an increasingly remote/virtual workforce

We do everything in Workspace. Other than our ATS, all of our day to day communication and documentation activities are performed on Workspace, we have all but gotten rid of Microsoft and Zoom

Pros

Each app is seamlessly integrated into all the other apps. Communicating with my team, collaborating on deliverables and documents, calendar management, video meetings and email literally all in one place. Workspace has significantly sped up work flow, I never realized how much time it took to do the little things like attach documents, create and send video meeting invites, and waiting on my teammates to respond to emails or other chat systems. Having everything housed in Google means every tool you need can be accessed in the same tab, making it almost impossible to not see a new email or chat to come through. These things might sound silly, our production has sped up so significantly since switching from several different software and applications to Google Workspace.

Cons

There aren't a lot of cons really, but if I have to pick something, I'd say it is a little confusing starting out when people refer to Hangouts vs. Meet vs. Chat vs. Duo and things like that just because all of them pretty much share different combinations of the same messaging, video chat and/or voice calling functions. Google is consolidating all these services into fewer apps (which are included in Workspace), and apps that will eventually be unsupported (like Hangouts) are still functional and being slowly fazed out, so this isn't even really much of a con.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Cost and efficiency are the main reasons we switched. We also stopped using Zoom for video meetings because Meet is so automatically integrated into Calendar and Gmail that it just made sense.

Bex from Redeemer Center for Life

Collaboration in Non-Profit Setting

We couldn't function without Google Workspace, but it's not without it's flaws. I particularly wish there was better support options!

Pros

Google Workspace offers an amazing ability to collaborate with my colleagues. Particularly right now, as we all work from home, being able to edit documents together, write comments, share new versions, organize many files, and more has increased our online collaboration and therefore improved the quality of our work.

Cons

I find Google's support pretty challenging to use. When I run into challenges, particularly with formatting documents I've uploaded as a PDF and want to edit in Google Documents, I am rarely able to resolve my issue with advice from their support page. I find it hard to ask questions and get useful results back, so I either end up working around the issue or seeking advice from informal platforms. Additionally, I don't love their task management options. It's not as collaborative or user-friendly as other products.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We chose Google over Dropbox because it's easier to collaboratively edit documents and files.

Max from Riddim Records Limited

Industry: Music

A Great Product, Once You Get Your Head Around It

I began my small business at University and wanted to make our identity seem more cohesive, part of a large network and, most importantly, professional. I did some research and it seemed that Google had the best features and, of course, has an excellent reputation globally (being one of the most well known products on the planet). Google Workspace was certainly a challenge to get my head around for a number of reasons. Mainly because there are just so many features to navigate through. I remember having a serious issue early on working with Google Workspace where I hadn't been receiving issues due to a technical issue which far surpassed my understanding of how the products works internally. Something wasn't sending the right information to another thing, and because someone had done something with our domain hosting platform, I just stopped receiving emails all together. Turns out, I hadn't been receiving emails for 2 weeks! I just thought no one was getting back to me (being a start up business and all). I spoke with several different members of customer support who were fantastic, and we got the issue sorted within 48 hours. I now have a larger team, and the online co-working spaces that are available are great. The privileges and role assignment features are easy to understand and accessible, and the eco-system, when you can finally get your head around it, is really good.

Pros

The co-working spaces that are available are great. The privileges and role assignment features are accessible and really handy. More generally, the Google Workspace eco-system, when you can finally get your head around it, is really good. The Customer Service team is very responsive, approachable and understanding. I've had a few issues with Google Workspace, largely for mistakes made on my part, and the Customer Service has typically rectified the issue within 48 hours.

Cons

I found the Google Workspace really quite tricky to get to grips with. It took me over a month of re-visiting the Admin feature to really understand how to utilise it properly. The more the company the grew, the more features I needed to consider using and the learning process re-started all over again. This isn't necessarily something that can be changed but, for example, I would have really loved a virtual tour of how to use each feature as and when I needed to use it.

Sam from Cross Culture Community Church

Online Collaboration Solution

We have enjoyed using Google Workspace very much and look forward to continuing to use it for collaborating with our team.

Pros

We have made the greatest use out of the email feature. Being able to store documents online and share access to those documents, even collaborating simultaneously has been another huge feature. Having all of the documents and the history of documents synced across multiple devices has been invaluable.

Cons

Task management could use some improvement to bring it up to part to competing services. The ability to manage the permissions for all elements of the users in one location would also be beneficial. Right now you have to enter into certain programs to adjust the settings and sharing rights for individuals rather than being able to do it from the control panel.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

At the time it had better features and pricing for our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We needed to be able to collaborate online.

Carlos Henrique from Gaudium

All your working needs in one place and shareable with everyone in your Company.

Since my first day the use of this software was a must! Besides my personal use, which gave me familiarity with the tools, I'm wasn't accustomed to use with a team. In the end it was easier than I've thought! With Sheets we could maintain everything updated to our clients and Slides was the major tool to our Chief Officers presentations. Even Engineering and Product Team improved the knowledge of new resources to our collaborators. All of this because of the easiness and speed to make a presentation or sheets. Our Intranet is hosted on Sites and we can access everything in a few steps, with a beautiful design. Any company documentation is on Docs, all of it hosted on the company Drive, making it a center of information and storage to these shareable information. Access limitations are on the way so anyone can see only what matters and, if needed, you could have access granted easily. In these difficult times that we're living now, Meet is our only team meeting tool, whether for general meetings or with separated teams, one-to-one meetings are being held this way too. The call quality (even if we have 40 people simultaneously) is incredible. The chat features during the meeting and the possibility to mute someone make Meet an extraordinary tool in this compilation that is practically complete for your daily work.

Pros

Ease of use, almost everything is intuitive. Customizable content on your mailbox (tags, folders, mail rules, models and more). All tools you may need (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet) and they're easily shareable, extremely necessary in times like these were almost everyone is working from home. Marketplace has extensions for almost every need or tools you use.

Cons

It should have clearer, more specific and easier to find documentation. Sometimes you may think that some resource don't exist, but, it was there all the time. Most models should fit everyone, however, sometimes you'll need to customize from an existent model to make something more specific.

Alex from Nikola Institute

The way to go for startups

G Workspace is my go-to for new teams and I routinely advise others to go this way, simply to save headaches down the road.

Pros

Google Apps... aka Google Suite (now "Google Workspace") has been around for some 15 years, and it's the fastest way to get a team online with email and a suite of collaboration tools, while still having a solid pathway for growth in maturity. Cost is very affordable for most startups. Native android integration for mail, calendar, etc. is very important.

Cons

A frequent annoyance for startups is that "obsolete" team member accounts are still charged at the full per-user rate, unless their account (including emails, drive etc.) is entirely deleted. Far better would be an "user archive" option at a discounted rate. Sometimes startups have dozens of temporary team members, and preserving their correspondence is very important for legal and other reasons.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Zoho Mail offers similar features to Google Workspace Gmail, and it's even cheaper, but doesn't offer all the perks of G Workspace such as native android integration.

Vincent from Gradelink

The Preferred Collaboration and Communication Suite for Small Business

I use GSuite tools every day for my business and my full time job, and as a whole, my experience has been very good. As a web designer, I also help many of my clients set up collaberation and communication tools, including GSuite for Business and GSuite for Education, and more often than not, it's a breeze.

Pros

The feature I like most about GSuite is the range of collaberation and communication tools it offers and its ability to integrate with my everyday web experience. I use Google Docs and Drive to collaberate on web projects. To give a specific example, I use Google docs to put together a sitemap and have my clients make edits to it before placing content on the site. I use GSuite as a way for clients to upload website assets and make them available to me for use on web projects.

Cons

GSuite is not very intuitive when it comes to setting up options on the administrative side. Everytime I want to look for a particular setting, I need to reference the documentation or Google help site to see where the option is - it's never where you would expect it to be. I can tell that the software was developed by programmers, but I believe they might want to add a few more UI/UX people to the team that develops the administrative interface.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

At the time, Microsoft was just putting together their 365 experience, and I wasn't a fan. It's gotten a lot better since then, but I still prefer GSuite over anything from Microsoft because of it's ability to integrate with many other tools that I use in my browser, such as the ability to snc my browsing preferences to any Chrome browser. I pretty much live in the Google world now, so switching isn't really an option.

Anastasia from CubiCasa

Great Choice for Organizations of All Sizes

Google Suite is a great solution. Probably it is one of the best collaborative sites. It makes communication, sharing, and coworking super easy. I never have to worry about losing any files or information because G suite has my back!

Pros

I used G Suite for university purposes, but when I realized it is similarly helpful in work setting - it became my favorite tool. I would use Google Docs to document my learnings and work on my assignments and then I would switch to work account and use the same tools to produce valuable work. I am in love with the Google Meetings and Calendar feature and seeing how busy are others based on their schedule. It is extremely easy to collaborate with teammates. I don't have to worry whether I forgot to save a document or about making mistakes (because almost everything can be corrected so easily). The search feature is amazing allowing me to find any document by typing a word/phrase. Also the feature to schedule emails it's absolutely great because it allows me to be professional and to not disturb anyone.

Cons

One of the negative parts is for sure - the difficulty to remove many documents at a time. Support team can be considered average. Small note: When replying to an email from a long thread, I need to type the response which is located at the bottom of the long chain of previous emails. It might waste time in urgent situations by requiring a lot of scrolling. In order to use it - an internet connection is needed even though many features are crucial. Google Sheets don't have so many features compared to Microsoft Excel.

Ryan from ISM Connect

Industry: Broadcast Media

G Suite for Team Collaboration

Fantastic. It hits all of the options I look for in a product; Ease of personal use, ease of collaboration, reliability. I have never had an issue with G-Suite that I haven't been able to solve or get an answer to within minutes. I have never had an issue retrieving or sharing a document from the Shared Drive and editing with coworkers is absolutely flawless and simplistic.

Pros

It's extremely simple to learn with little to no direction at all. Everything from mail to creating and designing documents whether it be alone or live with another team mate is extremely simple to accomplish. Storage and retrieval of docs within the drive is also extremely simple and reliable as well.

Cons

I think one of the major hurdles a lot of people have consistently is understanding the Google process for saving a document or saving it to your desktop. It's a very different process than we are used to with typical Microsoft Office products that we learned on. Another issue I see people having is understanding how to share a document on the Drive with someone outside of the organization. Although this is a simple process, I think the directions should be clearer for new users.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

I made this switch as I transitioned to a new company so I didn't have a say in the matter. Both products present major positives and are incredibly useful, I however, prefer G-Suite.

Darrell from GigRoster™ Professional Entertainment

G Suite is a must in our business

Super easy to use and very much fill our needs as a company with team members all over. It is especially good now with WFH protocals.

Pros

It has so many different tools that are included in the suite, it is a real value and it makes collaboration and sharing so simple. With everything in the cloud and on the computer it makes me wonder why it took us so long to switch. It just keeps getting better.

Cons

the web site software is a little limiting and could have a lot more features.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

It is simply the easiest cloud based solution for our small business and the cost is very nominal.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Tired of getting bled for more money without the ease of collaboration.

Murtaza from Virginia Tech

Industry: Research

Better price/storage than any of the competitors!

It's a pretty great product overall, however, the lack of communication from their support team, and more importantly their lack of presence in updating the features towards Linux distributions is disappointing. In spite of that, they are pretty much above every other competing product, when compared to ease of use, and fluidity between moving across projects, and teams.

Pros

The G Suite functionality is perfect for collaborating across different teams. The versioning system is quite intuitive as compared to other archaic methods. One of the most enticing thing about G-Suite is that it provides and end-to-end offering from domains, docs to storage with Google Drive. There are other competing products, but they do not really match the G-Suite with it's tight integration with different operating systems, and more specifically with the Chrome browser, that enables cross-platform support even for Linux distros.

Cons

G Suite docs are great for versioning and creating quick drafts and share ideas, however the docs that include, slides/spreadsheet/text are severely lacking in features that MS Office has, specifically in terms of the flexibility in customizing margins for example, or even basic features in editing complex math/symbols. Additionally, support for Google Drive while great for Windows/OS X operating systems, is non-existent for Linux distros, specifically their Google File Stream offering, which was one of the driving motivation to switch over to the G Suite.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Switched over mainly due to feature sets, integration in the work environment and more specifically ease of use across different people with varying skill levels.

The Best Out There For Collaborative Work

I love Google Suite. It truly is the best collaborative site out there. It makes communication, sharing, and editing super easy. I never have to worry about losing any files or information because G suite has my back!

Pros

I absolutely love how easy it is to collaborate with teammates. I never have to worry about saving a document or losing a document. Google suite makes it easy to keep all my files in one place and share my files with hundreds of other users. G Suite has a lot of storage for my files and makes it easy to archive and retrieve any file. I also love how you can search for a document by typing any word in the file. I use G Suite for everything

Cons

There is not much to complain about but I dislike how difficult it is to remove large quantities of files. I also have a love hate relationship with how detailed the progress history is—while it is beneficial for tracking work, it is frustration when it causes problems among teammates.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

It was difficult to understand what was going on. Many teammembers had trouble learning the tools.

Shiva from Self-Employed

G Suite review

Overall G suite is best for any organization and you have to compromise for some of the features such as collaboration tools, Comparing to Skype or Team their hangout isn't great so far. Overall I can proudly recommend this services to anyone with their own research (what they want?).

Pros

Well, A complete google package is suitable for any business. Premium google adds on packages are bonuses. Storage is a very excellent buy for literally anything. There is no need for any special training for employees. Anyone can easily use it. No hassle to train employees. Very organized and fully cloud-based. Gmail, drive, Voice are great development.

Cons

Apart from good features there are few things that people don't like about this product. This is entirely webbased and many of us don't like this. Very average/poor support system comparing to their competitors. Collaboration tools are not great as their competitors offer. Pricing should be even more better.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Initially we exicited with google services and user-friendly gmail and google drive interface. G Voice was awesome alternative for landline.

Great office solution for our small team

Overall I'm happy with the software. It's easy for the team to use, document sharing and working on the same document together is very simple. I finally feel Google Chat is at least somewhat more comparable to Slack, but since it was so far behind when we started using G Suite, we're now stuck with Slack and switch is just too much of a hurdle. So if you're starting out with G Suite now you might be able to save yourself the money on a separate Slack subscription as well.

Pros

G Suite has been very easy for our small team to use. The web apps are user friendly and easy for anyone to quickly get up to speed on. Google Meet is also very easy to use for team or external video meetings, and offers dial-in numbers for participants if some are on slow internet connections or don't have a microphone setup for their computer. The video quality has improved dramatically since I first started using it back in 2018. It works in the browser with no additional software installation needed, so it's quick and easy to use each time.

Cons

Gmail needs an overhaul, especially the settings area to make it more user-friendly. Setting up custom keyboard shortcuts to navigate through Gmail is cumbersome and there doesn't appear to be a way to map a shortcut to "Display images" in an e-mail if you have loading of these turned off by default, which I do for privacy and tracking reasons. For Google Drive it doesn't seem to save the sort order setting for each folder and there's no way to get this to save. Some folders where I prefer to sort the file order by Last Modified so recent ones show at the top then impact the sort order of other folders where I'd prefer it stay in alphabetical order. Google Meet needs to add more features similar to other video conferencing solutions to stay competitive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We choose G Suite years ago before Microsoft had the Teams product. We mainly went with G Suite because another company that was acquired was already using it, so we stuck with it as we expanded.

Ilan from International College of Coaching and Management

Nice features but the service is a Google service = no service.

Overall it's a good and fast suite with most of the things we need. It's lightweight and cheaper than office suite and the option to work even on tablets is very nice. It lack the intuitive ease to use as Microsoft products and lack of support even if you pay. Google likes your money but doesn't care about support.

Pros

We love the simplicity of the option to work online with the staff in our organization or outside our organization. The suite is simple but well done with most of the things we need.

Cons

It's too simple at times and the easy of use you can find on Microsoft products is not find here. It seems that it has more potential if someone would have thought a bit more on usability. The worst part in Google products is the lack of support. After ours of searching how to download a receipt, I saw help pages that sent me to other nonexistent pages and after years of searching - we have no answer. Google have great products, most of them are very simple and this is their advantage but I hope that they will also take care of their paid customers and give them support. Even Microsoft have a help center...

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Simplicity of use and lightweight.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Google products are lightweight and simple and the collaboration is excellent. The simple things works excellent. The only problem is when you need more customization or when you need help.

All in one solution for new companies

There is hardly any other tool that offers this much at this price. Google Drive and all its document creation features are essentially a must in any modern company, and the only other option is Office 365 which is still miles away due to their late online adoption and unreasonable price. And it comes attached with the de-facto email manager and a calendar that works out of the vox in almost any android device. The value for money is very competitive.

Pros

GSuite is a plug and play set of productivity tools for virtually any company but specially but starting companies (as early choices may have large impacts down the road). If you're looking into having your email account set up with your domain name, this is the way to go as it works seamlessly to provide a gmail account in that domain (little configuration). Plus, along comes a calendar, video-calls, cloud space for files, and a suite of document creation tools (docs, sheets, slides, etc). Since all of these are very connected with each other, this was a no-brainer choice and very powerful for startups.

Cons

Google created an amazing product by just stiching several of its already existing products and making them work together really well, but beyond that (which is already a lot) there is little else. For example, it's just normal that people enter and leave a company, and the support for forwarding emails or managing these "old accounts" is limited. Other specific functionalities are also limited or a bit too complicated in comparison with the rest of the suite, like managing rooms, creating email lists, or controlling permissions. Also, one misses a Slack-like functionality. Where is google's version of slack? It could so easily be integrated in Gsuite.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Cheaper, and has many more functionality attached to it, like the email, calendar, drive, device management, etc.

Paul from Online media

Industry: Online Media

Arguably essential for any serious small to large businesses

If you're a small business then it's a no brainer: one low monthly fee and you get enterprise-level email, cloud storage and collaboration tools. I use it for my own business, and I recommend it to any of the small to medium-sized businesses we work it.

Pros

- Best in class office suite (docs, sheets, slides with collaborative editing and versions) - Collaboration and sharing is easy (from shared docs, cloud storage and video calls) - Reliable, spam-protected, email service (gmail) - Constant improvements: g-suite has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years ; it's only getting better - So, so much more capability if you want to dive into everything from user-roles to managing employee devices and dedicated apps...

Cons

Sometimes Google's menus can be a bit unituitive. There's almost too much here (especially if you're a smaller organisation)! It would be nice to have a click-and-go set up process with tooltips explaining the features for those new to the service. But generally everything is well-documented.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

At the time, it was the best collaborative office productivity platform. Microsoft and others have caught up, and new systems such as Slack give other options. But G-suite has been consistently reliable without sacrificing innovation, so unless something dramatic happens we'll be sticking with it for the forseeable future.

Jessica from Arizona Beagle Rescue

Industry: Individual & Family Services

All in one solution

Fantastic! We took 2 different cloud servers and merged them into just G Suite. We have cloud based backups, it is very user friendly (even for the less tech-savvy volunteers!), and the setup was super easy. Honestly we dragged our feet with the setup and file transfer because we expected it to be more complicated than it was! I wish we had done this a few years ago!

Pros

Having G Suite allowed us to condense several different file organization/data base software programs into one (G Suite). This allows our non-profit animal rescue to store animal records (owner surrender forms, shelter paperwork, vet invoices, behavior evaluations) in an organized fashion. We also use G Suite for our forms (adoption, owner surrender, etc.) for information coming in. It is very easy to organize and/or search for information. All of our volunteers can have access to what we need without navigating complicated software or programs.

Cons

Some of the add-ons to particular features within G Suite can become discontinued and no longer supported which means we need to find new and similar add-ons to meet our needs. I do appreciate that these discontinuations are done with the purpose of maintaining client privacy and ensuring that add-ons are reputable. Some people get frustrated when they do not take the time to organize their Drive and thus they have difficulties finding documents. Organizing documents on Drive is not as intuitive for many people as it is on the actual computer drive (I'm not sure why!).

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G Suite was more cost effective, works with non-profits, and several of our volunteers have familiarity with from their current jobs. We really wanted all of our records in one place, and G Suite allows us to do that. The integration with all the G Suite programs is excellent for our needs. We can switch seamlessly between Forms, Sheets, Docs, and Slides. Multiple users can work simultaneously on the same document which is ideal as we very rarely meet as a full group and most of our work is done virtually.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

G Suite was more cost effective and it is something that several of our volunteers have familiarity with from their day jobs. We really wanted all of our records in one place, and G Suite allows us to do that. The integration with all the G Suite programs is excellent for our needs.

Annelise from Smile Surfers

G Suite for small businesses

Love it. It's been a game changer for my team. I love the functionality of all the different apps and ease of use.

Pros

I moved over from Microsoft products a few years ago to G Suite. I love the ease and functionality. I can do everything that I used to do in Microsoft, but it's all online and accessible in real time to my whole team.

Cons

I had to learn somethings on how to do things in G Suite. It was a very easy learning curve though and could google whatever I needed to know and it was readily available to me.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Cheaper, and at the time Microsoft wasn't online. I wanted something that would make it easy to edit and share in real time.

Sarah from Self Employed

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

A Necessary Tool for Doing Business

I've been a G Suite customer both in my personal life, self employment ventures, and all the times I've contracted with companies. Over time I've pushed away using Google's proprietary tools (For example, I'll utilize a different email platform but hook it into G Suite), and I will admit there's a serious disappointment to be had when it comes to integrations with "Smart" devices. G Suite will remain a constant part of my life, and it scales well whenever I've had periods of needing additional accounts/storage.

Pros

G Suite is intuitive, and merges well into the workflow for users who've already been using Google products. It doesn't take much to tweak it a bit though it's often a good thing to restrict people to the environment they (often) grew up using.

Cons

The walled garden which is Google becomes G Suites strongest selling point and also it's greatest weakness. Some organizations may not find this meets their needs, and while it's not specific to my use-case everyone should evaluate if G Suite meets their compliance needs. I also will say the admin panel is a bit simplified in comparison to what IT professionals may be used to (this might just be me), though it's improved with time.

It was familiar.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

It started (like with so many others) that I needed a business domain, and grew from there.

Margarita from American School of Ahmadi

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The total IT solution for schools!

We use Gsuite for gradebooks, report cards, student information systems, HR forms, office programs, storage of photos and videos and email online 'drive' cloud storage for all our needs.

Pros

Gsuite offers all the tools you need for collaborative document creation from forms, surveys, spreadsheets, slides (powerpoint), cloud storage, calendars, note taking, accounting and reports. The templates available for education have many solutions available from lesson planners, calendars, quiz creation, gradebook, reports and meeting programs. Templates can be shared within the community and you can find templates that other schools use and share if it is not available in the standard set. The organizational email system is way more user friendly than other systems. I have worked with a team to establish Gsuite in two schools as the main system, and we are a Google school and the staff and admin do not need Microsoft office anymore as this system covers alternatives to those program. It auto-saves your work and when working on collaborative documents it is easy to see who has input different items and easily go back and restore previous versions if needed. Easily compatible to connect data to Google sites.

Cons

I wish that all the options that are available for excel exist in the Google Spreadsheets - e.g. being able to select multiple tabs and edit all of them at the same time. As a private international school it is fairly costly with a charge per staff user. Support education in the private sector too - it needs a substantial budget for large schools.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Far more advanced and latest technology - with collaborative teamwork.

Michael from Hearthstone

Our Team Lives by G Suite

Pros

Our team lives by using G Suite. We love it. There is only one feature i wish it had. (see below) other than that it is perfect, really. and the price is great. love the mobile apps for android and ios. amazing. not many people know g suite is hipaa compliant, that is, if you have google sign a BAA with your company. this is great.

Cons

i wish you could search WITHIN documents on your computer. in order to do this, you need to go to the web interface. you can only search by file names, etc. on your computer.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

best combination of features and price for g suite. liked the mobile apps better for g suite too.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

better features and better pricing for g suite.

Adrian from Cornertech, Inc.

Google G-Suite The small business no brainer

G-Suite has been awesome. We use Gmail and Calendar , Google Docs for all company documents, Google Sheets for our spreadsheet needs. We use Google Forms to collect data from check lists and to automate the collection of inspection report data. All of this is easily managed via the G-Suite Admin portal. As an admin I have very granular control over user access to drives and files. Recently we added a G-Suite App called Collavate to manage business workflows and manage document approval and control as we begin the process of getting ISO 9001:2015 Certified. No matter what you need Google it and 9 out of 10 times there is a solution in G-Suite.

Pros

For a very low cost Google G-Suite provides essential business tools and services. Essentially it completely replaces Microsoft Office and Outlook, provides data back up and sophisticated, centralized administrative functions via a simple to set up Admin portal and an easy to use cloud based ecosystem of applications. You can start out with just email accounts for your employees then as needed add layer upon layer of functionality as your business needed demand them. I set up all our computers to sync their my documents to user G suite drives. Recently an employee's lap top failed. We got a replacement and in less than an hour after opening the box the person was working like nothing had happened. No re-installing office and dealing with licenses and authorizations, no lost data. We installed one critical application and the rest appears as soon as you log into your G-Suite user account like magic!

Cons

If you are a power user of Microsoft Excel there are a few advanced features that either don't exist or work differently enough to require figuring a few things out in Google Sheets.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

G-Suite has a lower long term cost of...ownership(implementation, management). It is cloud based and very robust(faultless up-time to date).

Rodrigo from Dapa Sistemas Ltda

Very good, stable, but expensive

We have used the company for several years, without major frustrations. As I said, some functions are missing, we need to think of it as part of the office, with everything you would try to manage on the intranet, it seems like something standing in the way between an intranet solution and a collaborative solution. Although I don't like this form of operation (maybe if it emulated another sharepoint it would be better), I never changed it, despite considering it sometimes, precisely because it is difficult to find a competing service that manages to maintain the same connection and operation stability. It is very rare to find bugs, just as it is very rare to be down. We use it mainly for: saving and backing up files, exchanging files between employees and third parties, exchanging and permanently storing e-mails and docs a little to create documents and spreadsheets or forms to create quick satisfaction surveys for our customers. Google sheets doesn't compare to a local office, basic functions are missing, but it's great for editing a document quickly and sharing. We have already used support, but support is weak, information is lacking and is often time consuming to return. If you can't handle self-service well, this is not a service for you.

Pros

The best thing about the G-suite is stability. You know that it will work, you know that it will have no bugs and that you will not lose files on the drive or gmail. And it's fast.

Cons

Some features take time to appear, perhaps it is the price to pay for stability, but in general there are improvements that you don't use, and basic improvements that never arrive. For example, on the drive you still can't use folders as easily as you do in your computer's file explorer, useful panels are missing information. Another problem that I consider serious is the lack of a part of the drive that is "online only" controlled by the administrator. As it is today, it features a temporary drive for common files, because if I put backup files, client spreadsheets and sensitive data, I always know that they are also accessible from my computer or cell phone, but I would not like these files to be "loose" around. If you lose your phone, good luck trying to delete files remotely.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

In our evaluation, Office 365 proved to be unstable, I cannot trust important company documents to a service that has already lost and corrupted files on my One Drive, or that failed to synchronize. Dropbox was incomplete and very expensive at the time. We have currently done other tests on this service and it is incredibly slow, and even more expensive. Visually I sympathize more with the dropbox layout, it is more pleasant to deal with, but slow and expensive creates more problems than it solves. We tested the option of placing a VM on the web with open source software, but again the problem was making a technician available to maintain security + update + backups, it proved to be the most expensive option of all. In conclusion, we opted for the G-suite there at the beginning for years, and with each revaluation (the last one in 2019), we keep G-suite. Full integration with android also helps.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We initially used self-hosted solutions based on open source, but that made it a sacrifice to manage and maintain security and backups. We tested Office 365 for a while, but from both our experience and that of some customers, this service was very unstable, often causing emails sent and received to disappear. Antispam was no big deal, either. When we tested the G-suite we never changed it again, even with its flaws it is still the best.

John from Photography For Little People

Industry: Photography

I've had a very positive experience with G Suite and would recommend it to anyone for personal use, and also for business use - especially if you work with remote teams or need to share & control documents. Whilst it doesn't quite have all the bells and whistles you get with MS office products, for 99% of the tasks I've needed to do I've found it to work perfectly well.

Pros

Having come from years of using Microsoft office products (excel, word, outlook etc.) I was initially concerned about switching to G-Suite for obvious reasons. The great thing about G-suite however is that it is so easy to pick ups and use as so much of the functionality & menus's are the same as what you are probably used to from MS products. By far the best thing about G-Suite is the ease at which you can collaborate with others and manage your files without the usual uncontrolled copies of documents floating around. It's easy to share documents with others and control access. The fact that this is cloud based is also a massive bonus to me. I can access my files from anywhere, on any device. For example I've used Google forms to capture data directly from customers at a trade show using a tablet, that can then be shared & analysed more or less instantly with other applications. Oh and it's also free!

Cons

The only real issue I have is if you try and work offline - it can be a bit temperamental. Likewise if your internet connection is a bit ropey it can be a pain, but for the most part this hasn't been an issue for me.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Cost - G suite gives me everything I need (and then some) for less money. It's a no brainer!

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Primarily cost - G suite is free and having to use so many other specialist software applications that I have to pay for, it make sense to save when & where I can.

John from Plum City School District

G Suite for Education is GREAT!

We used G Suite to solve the issue with students having many different usernames and passwords for all their devices and consolidated accounts and set up Single Sign On with Google as the Identity Provider.

Pros

We use G Suite for Education, as most schools do. We like most about it is how well it integrates with pretty much every third party that has anything to do in the K12 area. From our curriculum (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) to our SIS (Skyward Qmlativ), we can utilize Google SSO to easily authenticate users to almost every platform we have. This makes it easy and is entirely cloud based and requires no maintenance (unlike Sibboleth) on our end. It also is easy for students because they have only one login to remember.

Cons

Google is known for "wiping out" stuff randomly (like Google Cloud Print, and LSAs (Less Secure Apps)) so I do not recommend it in a commercial environment because environments with lots of legacy devices will be a bad fit with Google's constant changes.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Google Drive for Education's collaborative features are a lot better than Office 365 for Education.

Marcia from Marcia McCray Omnimedia™

I Love G-Suite

Overall, I’m pretty happy with G Suite. It’s a great hub for my businesses.

Pros

I like the amount of space that I have for my GDrive for each of my email addresses & the easy navigation and accessibility to Google’s suite of products. I also like the fact that multiple people can work on a document at the same time.

Cons

1. The search tool can be really sucky at times. I’ve searched for emails and senders that ended up in zero search results which can be really frustrating. 2. Also, I don’t receive some emails (this doesn’t happen often) or the emails arrive days later. Now I know it’s not on my end because we have Xfinity Comcast and I haven’t had any problems with that service. 3. I don’t like emails being collapsed. I’d rather the emails be in one long thread not collapsible tabs. It gets confusing.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

I felt that the quality is better with G Suite and the interface and user experience aligned more with what I was looking for for my brands.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Host Rocket seemed antiquated (at least the plan I was on). Because I moved all of my sites over to Flywheel WordPress (WP). Flywheel only specializes in hosting WP services so I had to find An email provider and I chose G Suite. I was happy to literally get a suite of products (not just email) for such a reasonable rate.

Marisa from The Kevin Eikenberry Group

One of the Best File Storage Systems for Teams

We were having a huge problem with document version control, not knowing where things were (which also related to version control) and it was costing us valuable time and productivity. Now that we have G Suite, that isn't a problem anymore. We just might have to tell someone where a folder is now and then but usually we have it set up pretty intuitively. Plus, because of things like Google Docs and Sheets, we can collaborate on documents that are saved inside of our Team Drive. It makes things so easy! We knew that this product would help us when we decided to purchase it but I'm not sure we realized just how much.

Pros

I love that everything is in 1 place. Our team no longer has to try to figure out who has what file because we know to just put it on the Team Drive. It's also nice because we can share files out to people who aren't in our team which makes things like website downloads really nice because if we need to update it, we just update the current file and don't have to change the link. It has really helped our team be more productive and save time because we're not searching for files like we used to with SugarSync. (Plus trying to remember to share folders with everyone.) I also love that everything is streamed to my computer (unless I have specifically selected to have offline access to something). That way, if I'm working on things where I don't need access to Team Drive, I can just close it. Doesn't take up any extra space on my machine.

Cons

One feature I wish we had although I do kind of understand why it's not available would be the ability to share folders within a Team Drive. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to share a folder with a client to give them access to everything that they need but for now we either have to individually give access to every file or copy it to our My Drive and issue access that way.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

For the money and the features at the time that we were looking, G Suite worked better for us. I believe it was the only one with unlimited data storage at the time.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We were having problems of people not knowing where things were, folders wouldn't always sync properly, some people didn't have access to folders and wouldn't realize it, version control, etc. All in all, it was costing a lot of time. And the price wasn't worth it for that headache.

a G Suite Review by his admin.

I set it up in my business and is very easy to configure it all and have a good way to administrate all the resources and accounts, the domain set up was very easy and this never have downtime, it's always working as gmail, this is a really good product.

Pros

Easy to use, perfect design and Customer Service, perfect integration with all the Google Ecosystem.

Cons

Price (this software is a little bit expensive). The prices start from $6.00 per user and are not too expensive if you have some users but in our company (up to 50) it turns a little bit expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Price, quality and tech support.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Because this has better customer support in our region and lets us work with Drive and other Google Applications as Hangouts

Displaying 1 - 50 of 10,833 reviews