(4,981)

4,981

(2,664)

2,664

• Pros

• "Very easy to use and effective. Love the minimalist user interface. Does not suck up too much battery. "

• "Love using this tool at work! Very easy to use and communicate at work with coworkers without interrupting them too much!"

• "It's easy to use, and it never got me disconnected. A powerful and nice software. I recommend to anyone."

• Cons

• "The only disadvantage is that when there are connections with low bandwidth, the video freezes a lot, but the alternative of making only voice calls solves it."

• "Desktop plugin sometimes freezes but while it is running correctly it is great"

• "I'm fine with this software, however, voice calls are not its strong suit. "

Browse Google Meet Reviews

Pat from Maine Cottage Keepers

Video Conference from Gmail

I use a variety of collaboration tools, but my regular go-to tool is meet.google.com. Also, since Google upgraded Hangouts to add a phone number option, it's become a possible to use with everyone, regardless of someone's firewall settings.

Pros

Hangouts Meet is already available from within Gmail. It's simple to add to a meeting invitation from Gcal or to launch for impromptu meetings from the G-Suite launchpad.

Cons

Many large organizations have firewall settings that block this tool. Also, Google definitely is no longer a privacy advocate, so be aware that your call.video is stored on one of their servers for their purposes. Finally, while this is all browser-based on Macs/PCs, it is a resource hog, but not as bad as Webex.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

It's free and simple to use. For specific scenarios, I do sometimes use other options.

Anant from BitRotor

Hangouts - What better way to work from home?

Basically what we were looking for was a conferencing solution that was free and reliable. Working and presentations directly from home was also a big consideration. Hangouts successfully filled that space and has presented no reason to switch

Pros

- If used for video calling, it offers one of the highest quality video calling, this is in fact the most desirable feature of the application. - All of this is for free which makes it extremely economical for the kind of quality it offers. - I personally find that it is very easy to learn and that it gives you a quick option for chatting and video conferencing both personal and in groups. - It also gives the facility of sharing multimedia files, emojis and stickers which makes its use in Business and Personal circles extremely lucrative.

Cons

- It requires a stable and high bandwidth to properly function and if you are in a situation where don't have either of these things the app simply won't work or it would work with a lots of disturbances which can be very disappointing at times. - It doesn't provide you with the facility of seeing the status of your contacts whether or not they are available for conversation which makes it troublesome to use. - You also can't search for a previous conversation or message particularly, you can't even delete messages individually, in case you want to delete one text, you will have to delete the entire chat.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

The costs and internet requirements are troublesome. The lag and slow nature makes it hard to recommend.

Craig from CC'S Lingerie & Bras

Easy To Use Video Conferencing Tool

Using Google Hangouts Meet software I am able to stay connected with my employees and my business partner when working remotely. So, my website content, products inventory and customer complaints continue to be addressed while I am not physically present in my brick and mortar apparel store. The best part is the fact that I don't have to pay a subscription fees or maintenance fees. Hence, my ROI is high. If I face any issues with the software, I am able to find plenty of support in Google portal and other blogs.

Pros

I need to stay connected with my employees in store and business partner when I am working remotely from my home or hotel. Google Hangouts Meet software enables me to be in touch. So I can discuss any content changes on my e-commerce website, new order processing or answer any customer questions or complaints with products purchased. My favorite features include screen sharing and setting-up a new meeting using Google's calendar which is integrated into my Gmail account. Because I can share my computer screen to show to my employees specific product pages on website which need to be updated. And, quickly set-up a call with my business partner for quarterly review of our business profits and losses.

Cons

I struggle with two specific features of Google Hangouts Meet when using them to connect and collaborate. First, the share screen feature. It doesn't work until I double-click in step 2. In step 1, I click 'screen share' and then I have to complete step 2. Second, after the video conference starts, I hear participant's voice echo. Or, screen multiplying. So, I have to ask the participant to mute. Or, I have to ask the participant to click join Hangout once and then screen share or disconnect and join the hangout call again. These two challenges with Google Hangouts Meet cause confusion and reduce productivity of calls.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

I chose Google Hangouts Meet over GoToMeeting because it has no license fees to use the software, is able to provide all audio and video conferencing features to stay connected with my employees and business partner. So, I can keep my apparel business running smoothly and efficiently even when I am not physically present in my brick and mortar store. I have been able to lift my product revenue and margins using Google Hangouts Meet which has allowed me to provide healthy compensation and benefits to my employees.

Shahzad from Shahzad R, Khan Legal, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Another Video Conferencing Solution

My usage of it is to simply connect with the client, conduct a consult with a potential client. It accomplishes those tasks for me easily.

Pros

This is again a great video conferencing solution. Now that we are living under a pandemic and we have had to shelter in place for a period of time, this is another software solution that has been helpful in connecting clients and potential clients with my office. It is very reliable. I have never had any issues with the broadcast of the video between myself and the client. It is another option in the many video conferencing solutions available for businesses during the pandemic. I have to keep my video conferencing solutions open as clients and potential clients may not have access to other video conferencing solutions.

Cons

There is nothing about the software application that I do not particularly like or have a specific problem with. It works great for its intended purpose and the purpose of my business. That is what matters to me.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

I use this software application in conjunction with other software applications for video conferencing. I try to use Google meet more often, especially when all the security issues came to light about Zoom.

archil from AG

Cheap, Easy, From Google

Every app which is connected to google is distinguished with it's UI/UX, it is comfortable for using and easier to explain to other people how to use it. You can make a call for large group of people and experience will just get better and better.

Pros

Teams meeting isn't affecting performance with any bit, we had meetings for more than 25 people and it still worked like as two people were meeting (sometimes even this is an issue)

Cons

Application Window feature is really cool, but it is most unfortunate to not be able to switch from one application to another without switching camera on between them

Samuel from Fuse13

What happened to the bells and whistles Hangout

Good video conferencing tool that allows you to connect with relative ease to others with Google accounts simply and fast. Wish it still had options to share files etc or share screen. A little bit too basic for my liking, especially when you are already connected to the suite.

Pros

Love that Hangout is part of the Google Suite and that I don't have to use another platform to get the job done. Its simple, click, call and connect. No messing about. Reception/connection is good.

Cons

A few years back Google Hangout was filled with features allowing you to share screens, share docs and it felt like it was properly integrated into the Google Suite of apps. Why oh why did they remove all of them and make it simple video conferencing. Big mistake IMHO.

Eddy from WorkAtHomeNoScams.com

Converted me from Skype!

Since I tend to use a lot of google products it made sense to use Google hangouts for chats. I also wanted a way to receive and send text messages from my computer if I wasn't using a mac's imessage.

Pros

I love that integrates with my gmail. I also like that you can use it to send and receive text messages.

Cons

Honestly, I don't really have any complaints about it. The only thing that could make it better is if it would allow you to communicate with people that are already on other platforms like what'sapp or skype.

Tadas from Dogo App UG

Great but not perfect

In general, we are happy because it's free or included in GSuite and competitors also have loads of issues.

Pros

It's super easy to use it, you simply open the link and you are on. Has some nice integrations with 3rd party service.

Cons

If you have any issues it super annoying to solve them. Some things you expect to work but they don't. Easy to use, super hard to customize if you need it.

Mark from TYL

Simple, fast & reliable conferencing.

Reliable calls, great quality video & audio, and the built in chat + presentation options are great.

Pros

Ease of use is great, especially considering its integration with Google Calendar so its super easy to include conferencing details into a calendar event. Screensharing is super useful and reliable on even questionable internet connections.

Cons

I think there are limitations to the number of users, but personally I have not experienced this as its sufficient for my needs.

Chhaya from - Freelancer

Best video quality

Amazing quality with such an ease to connect friends and family.

Pros

Its easy to use and do individual or group calls from any device. It has great video quality even if number of people connecting call increases.

Cons

Its more for personal chants and calls. But when it comes to professional calls Skype is preferred over Google Hangouts. Not that this cannot be used but its not very professional.

Gustavo from Hospital das Clínicas da Universidade de São Paulo

A great tool that still needs improvement

Google Meet has become a daily tool in my life since the adoption of distance learning at my university. It is very easy and quick to get used to it, but some technical problems can make your experience less fluid and a little irritating at times. Overall, it is a reliable, competent program, but it can improve in some aspects.

Pros

The main advantage of Google Meet is its reliability. There are many competitors on the market, but few can match Google in the stability and security of its servers. The program has a simple and intuitive operation, allowing new users to adapt quickly. The invitation of members to a meeting is very easy, with the generation of an access link that can be shared. However, this does not make it difficult to control who can access the meeting, since new members, to participate, must receive authorization from those who are already at the meeting. Privacy options to disable your microphone and camera are available at all times, and even before entering the room, on the standby screen. Another great possibility is to record the entire meeting, which can be saved and made available through Google Drive to the participants.

Cons

Despite providing a good overall experience, Google Meet suffers from some technical flaws. The main one is the inconsistency of the transmission quality. Even with good internet connections, the video quality presents severe bitrate drops, distorting the images and making some written content being transmitted, almost unreadable. The flaws in the audio are even more uncomfortable, occurring in some moments glitches that can be extremely unpleasant, especially in headphones users. Both failures can be minimized by reducing the number of participants who are broadcasting audio and video, but this goes against the whole proposal for a virtual meeting. A less serious negative point is the impossibility of saving the settings of the program interface in your Google account, being necessary to reconfigure from the default whenever you enter a meeting.

Mira from Blueshore Boutique

Useful for virtual meetings

Overall, this app is useful. That's why I use it daily. I have a Google Pixel 2, so it's easy to use Google apps.

Pros

I appreciate how many people can join a virtual meeting using Google Meet using a shared link or by sharing a meeting code. My last meeting on Google Meet had more than 70 people joining. Everyone had a good experience. Sometimes I wished I was able to mute attendees without having to ask them, but oh well. As the presenters were talking, I was able to send questions via chat that everyone can view without interrupting the speaker. I think the high turnout in our Google Meet meeting is a testimony that it was easy to connect and join the meeting using Google Meet. It's user-friendly. It was free to use Google Meet, which is a plus. I like how app automatically switches to the video of the person who is speaking. I like how that I can turn off speaker phone mode, mute my mic and turn off my video while still tuning into the meeting. The captions feature is a great idea! I'm surprised at how it is able to accurately convert speech-to-text even when I am using uncommon names, sometimes. It is able to go back and correct punctuations/grammar. Sometimes It goes back to incorrectly "correct" a sentence that was correct the 1st time, but I guess it is the way I talk. I talk with a "lisp." I use Zoom, too, and it's hard to get people to understand how to get it working and barely anyone joins Zoom meetings.

Cons

I cannot add a virtual background. Speech-to-text (captions) is a nice feature but is not reliable, because it sometimes go back to incorrectly "correct" a sentence. Easy to accidentally back out or exit a meeting. No tile view. It's hard to figure out how to end the meeting.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

Free and easy for me to use.

Google Hangouts! Give it a try, you'll love it!

Overall I loved using google hangouts! It's clean, fast, responsive, good quality video and audio calls and my students love it. Seeing both email and chat's also in Gmail has also been a cool feature just another part of the synchronicity. A great product that is available for free and a product that should be used by everyone.

Pros

In the past I've used many other video conferencing platforms such as skype, zoom or even Whatsapp, but recently I made the switch to use Google Hangouts to communicate with students and I have to say I love it. During these tough times it's hard to meet students and I've committed to doing online teaching and using google hangouts. It syncs up very smoothly and easily to your google account, receiving notifications and messages to any of your devices connected to your google account. It has a very clean and simple interface that can be used very easily in a professional setting. It has great quality in transmitting, voice and video output and the best part about this product is that it's completely free.

Cons

I have no cons regarding this software, my only issue may be that hangouts is not as popular as some of the other video conferencing software's out there. Also maybe a potential negative is the ability for video calls to be automatically recorded and an option for me to download said call afterwards would be a great addition. Hopefully with this review and others I can get more people to use this software for all their needs.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

Due to Zoom's safety and security risks of it's data. Also due to the fact that Google Hangouts has a much cleaner interface, better synchronicity and my students have found this to be much easier to use.

Brittany from Bridal beauty on the go

Love it

Overall love Hangouts.

Pros

Super user friendly. I have used Hangouts to train freelance artists about the company virtually every few weeks. I use it to train employees by sharing my screen and allowing trainees to share their screen. Very simple to use!

Cons

If there’s one thing I don’t like- it’s the connection and functionality when we have over 10 users on the Hangout. I realize it may not be built for large meetings, but it would save us from using Zoom if we were able to use Hangouts!

Leng Maday from Arts for Lawrence

Great for team communications

I love this software! I really do. I use it as the team chat in my organization. For simple communications and messages this is my to-go software. It's instantaneous, and since it's an extension from Google, the messages can be received either through the computer or the cellphone. In addition, the video conferencing and share screen options are awesome! It's been proved to be very helpful to me when I want to discuss about something with somebody who is not physically present. I use this software for work only to avoid confusions with personal communications.

Pros

I like a lot of things about Hangouts. First, I love how simple it is. Second, I like the fact that is an extension from Google and connects/synchronizes to your Google account. I mean, who doesn't have/use a google account these days? You can receive messages directly to your computer or your cellphone. Hangouts knows what device is active. I also like the emoticons, they are different than other messaging softwares and apps. So far, I am loving Google Hangouts because of its simplicity, cool features, and connection/synchronicity to Google account.

Cons

So far, I have no complains about the software. I only use it at work as a way to keep separated work communications from personal ones. Although something I don't like is that in order to be able to receive messages, Google account must be initiated.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

I choose Hangouts because of its simplicity, connection to Google, it's free, and the videoconferencing and share screen option are awesome!

Greg from Information Technology

One Spot for all Your Voice Needs

I've used Google Hangouts predecessor, Google Voice, since it came out. I even used it with Sprint when they partnered automatic voice forwarding and using your Sprint number on Google Voice (circa ~2010). Back then, I'd often use my HP laptop's microphone array and speakers covering the width of the device to use the speakerphone. Better quality on my laptop speakerphone setup with Google Voice (later Hangouts) than directly on a phone. Google Hangout's voice quality has always been exceptionally clear and steady. No perceptible delays, no stuttering, and it sounds high bitrate. Google Hangouts continues to provide cheap international phone calls through any of their interfaces. Also, enabled me to call over any Wi-Fi enabled device for cheaper calling when traveling outside USA. I often use a bluetooth headset with my computer, alternate regularly between Android + iOS devices (often carrying two simultaneously), while always maintaining Google Hangouts in the background and the same number across all devices. In recent years, Google Hangouts allowed me to login to multiple phone accounts in a single device. In addition to voice, Google Hangouts in recent years began supporting text and media messages through their desktop and mobile app making it seamless to start a conversation on one device then move to a more efficient device without waiting for a synchronization. Its become a complete cell phone replacement without the need to stay connected to one wireless carrier.

Pros

Google Hangouts best feature is simultaneous use on multiple platforms. I use it on Android, iOS, and a web browser simultaneously. Text messages are forwarded to all devices. Phone calls are forwarded to all devices. Moreover, I can make an outgoing call on one device then put it on hold and call someone else if I need a quick conversation. The combinations are endless.

Cons

There are features that interest me but I struggle to use. I should be able to transfer a call from one open device to another by pressing the '*' (star) button? I haven't succeeded in doing this. I should record calls through some key combination, but it doesn't work for me. Certain distinct features could be better used if there was a menu of options.

Great option for communication!

Very satisfied! This allows me to stay up to date with colleagues and stay on the same page regarding projects and tasks. We tried other platforms, but given Hangouts integration with G Suite, this is hands down the best option.

Pros

Hangouts is a fantastic option for online communication with teams or individuals. Here's what I like the most: - It's a standard app in the G Suite platform so everything works with your Gmail/Drive account. There's no need to learn a new system or create a separate login. If you have a Gmail account, your good to go for free. - Integration of G Suite files is seamless and effortless. - All chat history is saved, so you can go back and review communications if you need to check on something. - The user interface is clean and user-friendly. - It's incredibly easy to learn to use. Not a steep learning curve. - You have the ability to set up contact groups/teams for special purposes. - Reliable - As long as you have a decent connection, audio and video chat is reliable and works well. - Works across devices - laptop, tablet, phone!

Cons

It lacks a few advanced features that competitors offer, but given that it's free with Drive and all that Drive offers, this is hardly a complaint. This may not be suitable for online meetings involving multiple people in places.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

The price and integration with G Suite were the major reasons.

Absolutely love this product.

Super happy with this product, glad to have made the switch and have no intention of switching to anything else anytime. (Though I do wish I could record meetings...)

Pros

- You can have a call (audio, video etc.) with one or many parties, share your screen if needed and make configurations. Super simple to set-up and also to combine with other tools you are using. - Also like that when you are adding an event to your calendar. a Hangouts link is automatically created.

Cons

- With other products, meetings used to automatically be recorded and made available to me which was great for going back and making notes, double-checking things etc. I just Googled and technically recording is also possible with Hangouts BUT "This feature is available with the G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions."

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

Already answered above: Hangouts is free, wide-spread (well-known and used) and has most of the functionality.

Google Hangouts Review

Overall Google Hangouts provides us with good chatting functionality within our institute. End users find it extremely easy to use and enjoy seeing their email and chats in the same window.

Pros

The integration into gmail is the best option for me. You can also download an app. With Active Directory Sync it is very easy to locate employees and it does allow you to chat externally.

Cons

From time to time Hangouts would lose connectivity and go "Offline" while email was still available. This wasn't very often but it happened enough times to notice it over time. Notifications of a new message need to be worked on. It would be nice to see a more visible pop-up via the web interface. When I installed the app I began to see 2 windows come up and it was difficult to figure how and which one to turn off.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

The cost and functionality was the right fit for us.

Malinda from Ceylon Government Railway

Industry: Government Relations

A wonderful communication tool

Over 2 years I have been using google hangouts and my experience was very positive. It's one of the most famous and incredible applications available for communication. Application is very light and it loads really fast. For me it's a great tool for video conferencing and collaboration. I think it is a good invesment for any business.

Pros

As station masters we do communication mainly through emails and video conferences. There are quite a lot of employees in each and every station and it is somewhat difficult to gather them all at one place to held meetings. So we decided to use video conferencing for meetings when employees are difficult to be gathered. Google hangouts help me to connect with other station masters. Google hangouts has everything that mandatory for communication. I don't need to install any application instead it's perfectly integrate with the email account. I can check the availability of co-workers and the important conversations with them can be archived easily. Normally we create calendar events and join from hangouts.While I'm using hangouts, I can access both my mails and chat from my mobile and my PC. The interface is really simple and easy to follow so that that even an average person can easily use this.

Cons

I love to have the feature of sharing multiple images and different file types with my colleagues. It would be great if google can improve on sharing different file types like pdf,xlsx etc and multiple images at once. Likewise google need to make certain improvements in hangouts to be competitive with other software giants in the industry. Other than that I have no complaints regarding hangouts and it satisfies me with my expectations about communication.

Gaurav from Priority Health

Video Conferencing Made Super Easy!

I am using Google Hangout tool at work to conduct conferencing calls with web developers so I can explain tagging requirements and strategy for new web pages, sites or applications. I also use it to do vendor presentations on how a particular media campaign performed. Overall my experience has been smooth as long as I am running one conferencing session and have closed all previous sessions. If I am calling using the random conference number and have muted the Hangout session while sharing my screen, it works fine.

Pros

Google Hangout is one of the most intuitive and versatile tools available for video conferencing. Since its integrated with the Google ecosystem, I can access it from my corporate Gmail account or Google Calendar or directly through the meeting link. When I schedule a new meeting with my office colleagues, I can easily add Google Hangout to it when creating the invite which automatically generates a conference number. So, if the video conference doesn't work due to internet issues, I can simply dial into the conference using that random number. My favorite feature is Google Hangout letting me share my screen so other participants can see my presentation or whatever I am sharing in my laptop. All these features are available for use without additional cost, as long as, one has a Google account.

Cons

There are couple of issues which bother me when using Google Hangout. Firstly, I can't have multiple conferencing sessions open at the same time. Secondly, the steps to share my screen or presentation are not very intuitive and confusing to those who are first time users. I also believe active Google Hangout conferencing sessions consume high RAM resources and slows down Chrome browser or CPU. Finally, since Hangout is a Google product, it doesn't work smoothly using any non-Chrome browsers such as Internet Explorer. If I try opening it in Internet Explorer, Google Hangout may not start conference session. Google also needs to add new features and make Hangout more friendly experience when using mobile. Plus, I should be able to use Google Hangout with other meeting participants who don't have Hangout.

Becca from WilsonHCG

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Google Hangouts is the Place to Be!

I love Google Hangouts! It's how my team connects on a daily basis and is so easy to access and utilize. It's super user friendly and very streamlined.

Pros

This is literally the easiest chat and video conference platform, period. It truly puts other software to shame, to the point where it's hard to fathom that companies spend money on specific software to connect in this way when Hangouts is free with G-Suite and super reliable. I love that you can be on or off camera, you can readily mute yourself before even hopping into the hangout, and that it switches the view to the active speaker so that you never have to scroll or click through to see who is talking.

Cons

Sometimes, like with other Google products, it can seize up my Chrome browser. However, this is momentary and the lag will cease after a couple of seconds and allow me into the Hangout chat.

Stephen Olawale from Sunilar Nig.Ltd

MESSAGING PLATFORM BEST FOR THE GOOGLE COMMUNITY

conversations on google hangout cannot be deleted or edited, that makes it to serve has a good record keeping platform for my organisation, in case i forget my past conversation i can search them out. Hangout has helped my organisation to save cost sourcing for other messaging platforms and i prefer it for instant messaging.

Pros

The fact that google hangout is well integrated for the google mail users and chrome users, makes me to prefer it. I receive messages faster, easy to access and communicate with my colleagues at work, hangout makes working from home fun,chat on hangout are well organised and sorted in order, and also, it notify me when messages are sent,hangout offer the ability to create groups for friends or co workers,keeping track of people is made easy, we make video calls daily with clients and trainee , the screen sharing has been very helpful in training our real estate agent on digital marketing. i suggest for my organisation to use google product such as gmail, chrome and hangout, its a great community for easy communication, since they are all well integrated. One other thing is that I can search for my conversations, in case i forget, the fact that messages cannot be deleted after it has been sent has being beneficial, for record keeping, thanks to google.

Cons

I observed that hangout is not keeping up with latest instant messaging features, that allows to send multimedia document easily, accessing, selecting and sending images while on conversation is not easy to access on gallery at ones,the video call functionality needs upgrade to allow more people to share video calls at ones, my organisation is out growing the hangout messaging platforms, we need to be able to send pdf files on hangout, but hangout still remain our choice because it keeps us integrated in the google community, since what cannot be sent through hangout could be sent via gmail.

Jonathan from Legally Mine

Hangouts is a quick and handy, but ultimately lacking chat solution

We have been able to use Google Hangouts to quickly and easily communicate across departments and locations for simple and easy exchange of information.

Pros

Hangouts is incredibly simple to set up and use; it integrates directly into your existing gmail/gsuite account automatically and allows chatting with specific individuals or groups with a single click. You can create new groups very easily, and it's incredibly simple to keep track of who is talking. Chats are sorted by most-recent-first, allowing you to instantly spot new messages and respond.

Cons

There are very, very few features beyond what I've described in the Pros section. It's impossible to edit or delete a chat once it has been sent, there are no 'reactions' to individual chats, and most importantly there's no Level/Tier system meaning all chats are given equal focus and conversations can derail incredibly easily. Furthermore, you're restricted to using either the in-your-email interface, or the chrome addon interface, both of which have serious restrictions and failings in terms of notifications. The in-email interface makes it so you cannot see your chats unless you open your email tab, making multitasking very hard, and also masking notifications to the point it's basically imperceptible. The addon interface is bulky and unwieldy. It lacks any sort of stay-on-top-of-other-windows feature, and even if it had one it's so large you'd never want to use it. It doesn't pop itself forward when you receive any chats. The worst part is that it *used* to have an incredible addon interface, where it sat at the bottom of the screen only taking up a small handful of pixels, and popped up larger and flashed green whenever you had a new chat, and you could click on it to expand that chat to read/reply, and then minimize it back to the bottom of the screen, but then they "updated" it to the current version that's just objectively worse.

Fedra from Foto Studio Sanc

Industry: Photography

A very useful tool offered by Google

I use Hangouts to contact potential clients. I like not having to share my phone number from good to first, I think it's important to keep my personal data protected. I prefer that my clients contact me by email or social networks before sharing my phone number. I also made videoconferences in which the shared screen is one of the tools I use the most. Although it seems incredible, I really like that Hangouts does not notify if the other person saw or did not see the messages, because I think it's an unnecessary functionality. Today we can see a message and not respond immediately because we are busy and for no other reason. But sometimes it's misinterpreted. This is one of the reasons why I like hangouts more than other messaging platforms.

Pros

What I like the most is that I don't need to share my phone number, only my Gmail email account and I already have access. It's totally free since it's another of the tools offered by Google. The interface is intuitive and easy to use, I can share images and videos, I can also make video calls. The app is light and loads very fast. I can chat from the computer or from the cell phone. The videoconferences are excellent, the communication flows very well, although as always, it depends on the internet signal, but in general terms it goes very well, you can share the screen

Cons

There're only two things that I don't like, one of them is that it doesn't have a desktop software but I have to use the web browser. It would be great if they offered software similar to the application they offer for smartphones. And the other thing that I do not like is that it doesn't offer the option to send and receive voice messages.

Ernesto Enrique from Grupo Tera

Best choice if you use Google ecosystem

Google Hangouts helped me and continues to help me with my business to connect with my clients and colleagues, although it has many things that can be improved, it has everything necessary to communicate in addition, free of charge, unlimited and without the need to use other applications, much less install anything . It is a very good solution especially if you are a user of the entire Google ecosystem since, as expected, its integration is excellent.

Pros

I would never have known Hangouts without its integration with the Google mail system and since I am using it I can honestly say that it is the feature that I like the most: its perfect integration with email since it is not necessary to have an application installed on my computer to use it. It is a very simple application to use and it fulfills what it promises, fast, powerful messaging, video calls, ability to create groups of users and quite light if it is used from the web. Another feature that I use a lot and I really like is that the search bar that owns the mail system also finds the messages that you have sent or received through hangouts and it is very useful when you want to find very old messages that you need.

Cons

Something I do not like about Hangouts is that while the competition advances adding more and more features, such as stickers, voice notes, among others, I get the impression that Google Hangouts is not investing time in the platform because it remains the same I also do not like that video calls are not as fluid as their competition and creating a room sometimes gives so many errors that I end up using platform. But when I manage to connect with my colleagues, it works wonders. Finally, I feel that the mobile application must be improved, it is very heavy and slow, today I have a very fast cell phone and it does not affect me but when I had a mid-range cell phone it was a nightmare to use Google Hangouts.

Sheri from Adobe Inn at Cascade

Google Hangouts was my virtual office!

Without Google Hangouts I wouldn't have been able to successfully complete my tasks and responsibilities while working from home remotely. I highly recommend this tool for small companies that want to allow their employees the ability to telecommute.

Pros

Google Hangouts allowed me to stay in touch and collaborate on projects with coworkers while working from remotely for a company from home. Being able to video chat and participate in meetings with others allowed me the freedom to work full time and 100% from a home office. With Google Hangouts you can check a co-workers availability, send direct individual and group messages and video chat easily. I interviewed for the position over Google Hangouts and having never used it before I thought I would be intimidated but it was extremely easy to use. After being hired I was 100% trained by a co-worker in another city over Google Hangouts. Not only did we video chat daily during training she utilized the screen sharing to teach / train me. Once trained I used Google Hangouts every day to communicate and collaborate with coworkers on projects. Google Hangouts was my virtual office and allowed me to be a part of a team while working independently from home.

Cons

Google Hangouts is ideal for work and personal use however our company began to outgrow the video chat limits (Google Hangouts has a limited number of participants that can participate in a video chat meeting) and as a company we needed to switch to a tool that allowed a higher number of users to participate in those type of company wide meetings.

deba from Petronomics Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

Hangout with convenience and simplicity

Hangout has helped my organization reduce spending on a previous collaboration software we hitherto used. I personally prefer hangout for my instant messaging activities. Not only is the software smooth and lightweight, but it is also very easy to use as well as been quick and unproblematic. It is the epitome of messaging convenience for me.

Pros

Hangout has over the years afforded me a simple and enjoyable messaging experience with the added advantage of been able to send multimedia as well as make calls at reasonable rates to phone numbers and contacts on your Gmail account that also use hangout. I must say that the quality of hangout voice calls (paid option) is just exceptionally great. The video call is free and also nice too. You can archive important conversations as well as easily send an invite to your contact within hangout to adopt the software if they are not using it yet. The ability to have one-to-one or group conversations within Google Hangouts is an advantage that has endured it to me as it has helped my organization reduce spending on a previous collaboration software we hitherto used. The installation is easy and the software is lightweight and as such, hardly cause hanging. I recently was able to install the chrome extension of hangout to my chrome browser and can now reply to my message while on my computer without reaching for my phone. this has furthered made this software more appealing to me. I like the fact that the software is free on Gmail account and yet there are no ads in it

Cons

I miss the SMS functionality that was previously integrated into hangout and I still wonder why it was removed! For you to really enjoy Hangout, you require a very strong internet connection otherwise it becomes a real test of your patience. I also wish there was a way to reach your contact (maybe by assigning a hangout ID phone Number) so that you can call them when they are offline. You might want to avoid sharing very sensitive data with hangout as there is serious concern over the security of files shared with others within hangout. I also think the need to have a Gmail account in order to use hangout is not pleasant. It will be better if hangout can be designed to support a number of email service providers.

Emilio from Wormhole - Live Learning Platform

Industry: Information Services

Our default tool for working from home

Our company has a very flexible work-from-home policy, which means that most of our meetings occur with someone joining via Hangouts. It's usually a very good experience, we share screen and work very much like we were sitting side by side. It's especially useful for working on a shared Google document, both reading and editing at the same time. We also use it with clients, who are increasingly adopting Google suite as their corporative tool for emails and documents. We've grown so used to this way of remote collaborations that we cringe when asked to use Skype and get office documents attached to emails. I would definitely recommend Hangouts as a great tool for video meeting and collaboration, however I cannot vouch for it's performance with large quantity of attendants, we usually have no more than two or three people connecting remotely to Hangouts.

Pros

Simple, intuitive yet powerful. Simple chatting with co-workers has declined on Hangouts since we started using Slack, however, Hangouts remains our default tool for video calling and online conferencing. The best about it is that its easy to use, simply calling from the chat window, or, as we mostly use it, by creating a calendar event and joining from Hangouts. It usually works well, without delays, and we can screen share easily for remote co-working.

Cons

Its a bit connection intensive. If your connection is seeing a lot of use, then Hangouts might be a bit slow. We usually turn the camera off to save somw bandwidth, especially if we are screen sharing since we don't need to see each other anyway. Audio and shared screen is the usual way to work on Hangouts for us, and we do use it often. I'd say that over 80% of our company meetings have someone joining via Hangouts.

Aidan from McCracken Acting

Google Hangouts Analysis

Hangouts definitely has a lot of potential and the fact it can be downloaded on your phone is amazing because a lot of people have issues sending texts between Apple and Android devices. Perhaps, instead of having the hangouts extension open up a mini tab for hangouts, have it take you to the old official site instead? I liked the old site a lot better than the extension window that pops up. Overall, Hangouts is a great communications tool and should be used more than it is by the common person. Highly underrated.

Pros

For a computer communications piece of software, this feature is a very good addition to Google communications. I find it very helpful to be able to access google hangouts straight from your Gmail home screen, so you can see both emails and google chats at the same time. I also like how much quicker and easier it is to send messages that aren't very important and are not worth writing an actual email for. Another thing I loved was how when you linked a video from YouTube, the video title and thumbnail picture pop up as well. Very nice feature.

Cons

There are still a few flaws and setbacks when it comes to google hangouts. Sometimes when I try to copy and paste an image from another tab it won't load, or will just completely discard my image. I find this irritating when trying to send a co-worker an image for a presentation. Also, the hangouts extension available on the chrome web store needs some major work. You can't open it on some tabs, when you do get it to open it won't let you type or click on anything, and when I try to use the official site for google hangouts (not the Gmail inbox home screen) I can never seem to get to it and it won't load.

Kristin from The Reynolds and Reynolds Company

Easy and simple, few extras and few detractors

Integration is the key selling point for using Hangouts. I like that I can access it from anywhere, can talk to people seamlessly through multiple devices, and have search features at my disposal. Having the option to video chat and send multi-media messages is also nice (yay GIFs!). I have definitely told people they need to use it, especially if they have a gmail address. Overall, the good outweighs the bad and I think the bad is sure to be fixed.

Pros

My favorite thing about hangouts is being able to search for conversations I've had from my gmail inbox. Sometimes I will know I've talked about something but I can't remember if it was an email or a conversation, so it's nice to have everything in one place. The fact that it integrates with all the rest of Google's suite, of course.

Cons

The worst part is not being able to access pictures very easily. Other messengers, like imessage or whatsapp, for example, will collect all of the images where you can easily click on one and see everything in a conversation or click info or something like it to access all pictures at once. Hangouts has no such feature. Every time I want to look for an image in a conversation I have to google (ha) how to get to the weirdly-hidden archive folder in Google Photos. For such a common feature, it's sad that Hangouts doesn't have it. Additionally, the Chrome extension and desktop version don't play very nicely. If I have Chrome open (which I invariably do) and someone sent me a message on Hangouts, I would get two separate windows every single time. Both would light up when more messages came. That's a lot of noise and action for one single message. Also the desktop version never took away the "you should try the Chrome extension" message even though I had it. Eventually I uninstalled the extension so I'd stop having everything doubled.

Michael from Whitehall Central School District

Google Hangouts - The Best Soon-to-Be Discontinued Messenger

Google knows best. So it's killing* (arguably) a good service. I like Hangouts. I use it every day many times a day. My work messages come through hangouts. My personal messages come through hangsouts. They are on my phone, my tablet, my car, my computer. They are with me. Text? When my phone service is spotty, I don't get texts..... but I might have wifi. And my wifi get's hangouts! So, it's great, and it's going away in 2019(ish)

Pros

Hangouts, on your phone, in your mail, on your browser. It's everywhere. What killed the old traditional instant messengers (Aol, Yahoo, ICQ....), it might have been texting. But Hangouts was certainly one of the reasons. A cloud operated messaging service, that was right there, in the most modern ubiquitous web mail there is. It works, and it works well. Need to see your messages on your phone, it's there. On your browser, it's there. And all of your history (or at least your most recent messages).

Cons

Hangouts hasn't been touched by Google in some time, and has been slated to be discontinued, although migrated into another service. It's clients are sluggish. The web interface is okay... I find the history parts a bit annoying. Time stamps don't always show. Messages sometimes don't deliver to your phone, until you "wake" up the application (rarely)... Messages in your Gmail is handy, but the search feature sucks. I often cannot find messages I need in the history. As it's not the preferred client, there is no OU configuration for Hangouts in G-Suite. It's an all-or-nothing toggle, which forces people to use a client outside their mail (an alternate service entirely).

Amanda from Self-employed

Industry: Graphic Design

One of the best options for group calls and online chats

Hangouts gives a fast and efficient communication setup for its users, allowing them to contact clients, coworkers, and friends easily and efficiently, with very few drawbacks. It is one of my primary communication tools with coworkers, and I will probably keep using it as such for long into the future.

Pros

It is probably the easiest and most reliable online chat app, in both computers and cellphones. It allows you to make free calls to other hangouts users anywhere and at anytime, and with multiple recipients at the same time, which is great for conferences and also more informal calls between friends and family. It provides some great customization features regarding devices used, as well as video quality, which allows you to lower the quality of video sent and received in case that your internet speed is not high enough for HD conversations, which is a great feature to have under any circumstance. Hangouts also provides a service that allows you to call cellphones or landlines directly, even if they have no affiliation to hangouts, which is a great feature, especially for contacting family members who might not be as good with technology as the average person. Overall it is very practical, the menus are simple and easy to follow, and it only requires a google account to use, so it is very practical and easy to grasp for new users.

Cons

It has a few less options regarding videocalls than some other softwares. For example, it doesn't give you the option of setting up the cameras in group calls so that you can see all the callers equally, but rather prioritizes whoever is talking. This works well in organized discussions, but is not so great for more informal calls.

Mairina from Cibersys

The most optimal tool for personal and corporate communications.

The truth is that I have used many instant messaging tools, and this in particular is my favorite. I think it is very flexible and very well thought out for corporate environments where they can all be communicated in addition to the google suite. My experience with this multiplatform solution has been very good, particularly my agenda is always full of meetings and in most of the time I have some document to present, and what gives me more value is that you can archive the conversations and calls to keep them synchronized on the cloud. I recommend it to all users who wish to have communication under a platform that innovates every day.

Pros

What I like most about this powerful tool is its ease of use, with having a good internet connection you can make video calls from the comfort of your home or office. In particular, I make interactive presentations to clients through the Hangout. You can configure the quality of the call to optimize your resources, that is, if you do not need to make a video or present a document you can optimize your bandwidth in a single click from the tool.

Cons

What I liked the least, however does not take away the value of this tool is that in the update to Hangouts meet, you can not incorporate a person to the call, you must send the link to join it. However, the chat is maintained and the interface is much better with this update. There are some tips that I apply when I need to incorporate a contact to the audio, I make a group by hangout and from there I establish the video call and it shows me the old interface. I do not see it as a limitation, only that you are already accustomed to uniting a person at any time.

Wulliams from UCAB - Universidad Católica Andrés Bello

Excellent video conferencing is possible with this software

An efficient software, easy to use, with a very nice and effective interface. These are the ideas that come to mind at the time of qualifying this incredible software that has facilitated in a considerable way my labor and professional development.

Pros

Google has incorporated Hangouts into its services, a high-performance software, which has contributed significantly to my professional development at the University where I work. This software offers us interesting features that have boosted my work team, leaving behind the problems we had when our work team was not physically in the same space. Hangouts has allowed me to break the limitations of distance thanks to the development of videoconferences of very good quality and free, where you only need internet, a pc or an android phone to make them. This resource is very important because I can do field work and make daily reports by this comfortable software. Another interesting element for me and my work environment are the video calls and chat of this software, very simple to use and quite performance, which has allowed my work development to have better levels of productivity, reducing the delivery time of my products and cultural research, and in the theater, has allowed me to expose my works and productions offstage, taking my knowledge to other spaces and other latitudes.

Cons

This software has more positive elements to rescue than the negative ones, however, there is a problem that I have always seen of this software and is that you can not send multimedia documents. This factor is very important to me since I work a lot with photographs of cultural manifestations, theater presentations, production elements, makeup and costumes that I must photograph to send to add to my theatrical productions. I think Google should work on adding multimedia messages to their services.

Nairoby from CANTV

No Hangouts I do not work

Hangouts for me is essential in day to day

Pros

A work day begins, with the login of my Gmail account and this allows me to use the Chat tool to keep me connected with the outside world. When you work in an office and you can not use a telephone, the only tool that allows me talking to other people besides my co-workers is Hangouts, inside the things that I love this chat, is that I can block people with whom I do not want to talk, I can archive conversations, which is very useful when you used it to make work consultations with friends or colleagues, because, the important data I keep them in the conversations. For me, a great advantage is not showing the date of the last connection or since I write, It is transparent to the receiver if I am from my pc or from the mobile. With friends who are in other countries, the video calls are great and we can connect several people at the same time. Hangouts can be added as a browser extension and you appreciate if you have messages in a way discreet. You can keep conversations as pop-ups or integrated to mail.

Cons

With the previous version called Google Talk one could be placed as "Not available" and be connected similarly without being visible to contacts. Now with Hangouts it is not possible. There are workplaces in which, chat is restricted in internal networks, due to the use undue that is given, as to the time that people lose in a chat without performing the tasks that correspond, despite not being a disadvantage of the SW, should create something that allows be enabled despite any restrictions.

Ridiculously handy, and so easy a toddler can use it.

It keeps me in touch with anybody, anywhere, running just as well on iOS as it does on Android and in the web browser. If I need to access information that was previously discussed, I can review and search through conversations dating back nearly a decade.

Pros

Over the years, I've used Hangouts for a broad range of uses. Professionally, I've used it to keep in touch with teams that are working remotely from one another (or close together, in silence), because it takes up very little screen real estate, doesn't make everyone look at their phones repeatedly, and keeps things super simple for sending quick updates and questions back and forth. With team members in and out of the office, communicating from Macs, PCs, and handheld devices, it delivers a universality that's second-to-none, and the fact that it's tied to a Google account you're probably already signed into makes it the only cross-platform communication tool I know that you can set up for the (ahem) less-techy team members without wanting to tear your hair out trying to send them to the right URL or set them up with an account and a solid password and connect them to their contacts. You can find your existing contacts as soon as you sign in to the app. Adding additional contacts is as simple as pasting in their email address or phone number. It does not get any easier. As far as the video chat feature, I've used it for a few things professionally web conferences and demonstrations, for instance, and it does what it's supposed to do. For me, this functionality is more useful on a personal level: my young child could find his relatives' contacts by thumbnail and initiate a video call from the age of two, which speaks to the intuitiveness of the Android interface.

Cons

When you send an invitation to connect to a new contact via Hangouts, it goes to their Gmail. If they aren't looking out for the email and they miss it or it goes to spam or they delete it by mistake, there doesn't seem to be a simple way to resend the invitation, which has been a hiccup for me once or twice. I've found a couple of ways around this (have the contact send an invitation to you, or add them to a group hangout with someone they're already connected to; I'm sure there are many other methods that will work as well) but when it does happen, it is a little inconvenient. It would be better if there were a menu option within Hangouts to simply review all your pending invitations.

From Ubiquity to Obscurity

While Hangouts was groundbreaking software, its impending discontinuation makes it hard to recommend.

Pros

Hangouts was a ubiquitous Google service that was available every modern device, multiple software platforms, and offered numerous functions. On the web, hangouts was a dedicated application, web app, and integrated into other Google services. On mobile, the Hangouts application did just about everything the desktop versions of Hangouts was capable of. Hangouts allowed for simple text messages and also voice and video calls supporting multiple members and screen sharing for free far before competitors like Skype or Oovoo did for free. This was multi and cross-platformed, meaning that people could communicate using any combination of computers, phones, or applications. Hangouts, via Hangouts Caller, was one of the first services to offer free VoIP phone number to make calls and send messages to phones over the web. This meant that people could have a secondary number to use both on the computer and on the Hangouts app for texting and calling, so long as there was an available internet or data connection. Hangouts was a groundbreaking service, setting a lot of "firsts" when it comes to multi-platform communication.

Cons

Google is discontinuing Hangouts in favor of developing newer software such as Messages, Duo, and Google Voice. These new programs will take on the functionality previously carried by Hangouts. For example, Messages will take over the texting and messaging functionality on both mobile and web, and Duo will take on the video calling functions previously available in Hangouts. Whether the split into these different apps and programs is preferable over having one unified app, the discontinuation of Hangouts as we know it now is a serious con when it comes to considering using Hangouts.

Tolu from Co Creation Hub Nigeria

Collaboration made easy through Google Hangout

It's an amazing tool that meets the needs of organization and individuals by securing the messages sent through an end to end encryption to secure privacy.

Pros

This is another amazing tool by Google for collaboration and connecting with people not just within colleagues but also to the world. I have made use of these particular tool for more than 3 years and it has been helpful all the way. Just by simply having a Google account you automatically have access to this feature. You don't need to install any application on your system to have this make for you. The ability to create chat groups for different teams to share there ideas and meet virtually is just so awesome. Google hangout has helped me amend bridges by getting back in communication with lost contacts whose numbers were not available and still it has made me catch up with information that I may have missed through the communication tool (both audio and video) and sharing functionality which is absolutely free and very reliable.

Cons

I remember when I spent the whole day researching just checking if there was an application for system users this was dishearten just to find out it's only available on smart phones to download but not available on systems. Another challenge is the fact that there is no option to attach voice note to the recipient and send as a message. When using the communication tool (video and audio) with the screen sharing functionality it sometimes slow and disconnect when the internet is really bad

mohamed from amazon

hangouts review

as i said its have a lot of features should be add in next generation of the app i liked so much if its add notifications on that

Pros

its an easy way really for an internal organization for meetings and also share data chat about the work or about the full business any where

Cons

its not have more features like other chat share apps for example its not share big size data also not support some of audio types and about the search for group name or user name its not easy as its given a lot of users its should give the recommended users also for search for some friend by user Gmail ID its better i liked so much the hangouts extension tool that add on chrome its so good

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

as per as my company guidelines

Hangouts messaging app, is it for you?

I found it one of the easier ways to make free wifi calls at the begining of the wifi calling era. They haven't adjusted with the times. I had hoped that Hangouts had been more secure for the users not just gathering data for the Google Machine. Which is already run by AI....just kidding. I have to be right...

Pros

i like the fact that it was one of the first free messaging apps out there. I have been using this software for what seems like ages. It does the job. It's also convenient because it allows you to get a 2nd phone line for your business ...free of charge. And you can use this number anywhere you have a wifi connection.

Cons

There are not very many features within the app. and the emoji are kinda lame. When compared to other messaging apps like Telegram, it is pretty bare-bones. they have not upgraded the style or feel of the app to move with the changing times. Its all about Privacy these days and unfortunately, google seems to be Big Brother himself. I know they definitely "listen" to calls, I don't feel invaded by Google yet but I just don't like the fact that you have to give them permission before making any calls. Lastly, to call anyone from this app on wifi connection, you HAVE to download the second

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

i didn't end up choosing Google Hangouts over Telegram. Some people have been slow to adopt the more secure way of messaging, so i have to use Hangouts sometimes to accomodate others.

Cassie from Irvine Company

Google Hangouts for the Workplace

Pros

Google Hangouts have an easy to use system that allows you to instant message anyone else with a Gmail account. The ease with which you can adjust your settings to allow for screen pop-ups and notification sounds is convenient. I mainly use Hangouts at work, and have found it extremely easy to message someone in the office without disturbing any face to face customer interactions. I use it everyday and love the fact that you can see the person's photo pop up at the bottom to let you know if they've had a chance to read your message or not. Having the option to add fun gifs, photos, and emojis to your messages lets you add a more personal touch, on an otherwise professional platform. The group chat function makes it easy to communicate with everyone involved in the situation all at once. It is not restricted solely to the workplace, either, which makes it a very versatile instant messaging chat.

Cons

I love using Google hangouts, much more than the last IM system we used in my office. I think they can improve upon the connection when first contacting a new person. For example, when signed into my phone from my personal Gmail account, I found it frustrating that I had messaged another user but they never received the communication. Only when they went on and sent me their own message did it finally connect our two lines. That is the only time I have ever experienced any trouble with this software.

Amy from Cheap Sass Witch

Easy to use and very useful

Overall I have had a very positive experience using Hangouts. It's wonderful as an individual and works perfectly for my business as well. I need to be able to have private chats with clients and this makes it easy to stay connected without providing my personal phone number.

Pros

The fact that Google Hangouts is free is fantastic! It's also not necessary to provide a phone number in order to use Hangouts which makes it useful when communicating with clients online and want to maintain your privacy. As long as you have a Google account you can use Hangouts through the Gmail username. When using it through your email (not texting with a Google Voice number) you can also see when the other person has seen your message. A very useful feature. When using Hangouts for texting using a Google voice number you can't see when the recipient views the message but it's a small price to pay to have the option to text from your computer. Hangouts is also available as an app on the phone and using the Google voice number provides some privacy as you don't need to give out your personal phone number in order to text.

Cons

There isn't very much that I dislike about Hangouts. There are only a couple things and they are minor. 1. I wish you could see when a person received your text when messaging a phone number. 2. I wish it was easier to see the time and date of past messages on the computer. 3. I wish you could send more than one picture at a time when using the computer.

Ruston from Simple Stay

Works great

Pros

I'm not sure all of the uses of Hangouts I assume I've been using the software fully. I had my Google Voice number tied to my Android phone. I set the "phone app" to always dial out using my Google Voice number and I downloaded Google Hangouts and used it exclusively for texting. It worked great, it did exactly what a texting app was supposed to do and had all the features I was using to seeing on any other phone. The best thing ever was that I could use Hangout from my PC. This was hugely convenient for me. Being able to text people from my laptop and even call people directly from my laptop was amazing.

Cons

I said above that I "had" Google Voice (and Hangouts) on my Android. I actually removed it yesterday. Hangouts never had any issue but sometimes calling people was either finicky or didn't work at all if I didn't have good enough signal. This is because (I assume) I didn't have any data coverage only voice coverage. That meant I was only able to call someone using my actual cell number which I simply didn't use... for anything. This got inconvenient to the point that I ported my Google Voice number to my carrier and made it my actual cell phone number. I was quite sad to lose the ability to text via my laptop. However when I started using the native messaging app in my Android phone it had a pop up giving me instructions on how to text from my Laptop using the messenger app. Huzahhh!

Alfredo from CANTV

Tool for dynamic work

Currently we use this tool in my company through a multiple conversation of 28 participants across the country, in which we all put monitoring information at the moment of the news events that occur in each city. All this information is analyzed and reports prepared for the managers and executives of the organization.

Pros

Google Hangouts is an ideal application to use in a management, which allows you to connect to the work group to solve tasks quickly and efficiently. Through Hangouts we have the possibility to create a common chat room, schedule video conferences and exchange information. It is very useful. This platform was devised by Google to integrate the services that were separated as Google Talk and Google+ Messenger, in a single tool. - You do not have limits of capacity of members in a chat room or a group conversation. - It allows to share all kinds of photographs. - Maintains text formats when copying and pasting information. - Video calls can be made with all the members of a chat room and up to 10 participants simultaneously. - You can synchronize all the information of the tool both on the computer and on the smartphone. - Synchronize your email contacts so they can connect through this platform. - It is perfect for a work team to stay connected instantly.

Cons

- It does not allow the sending of multimedia files. - You can´t send files in .pdf format. - Only allows to send JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF and HEIF image files.

Trina from Letra & Musica Producciones, C.A.

A very useful and easy to use software

Hangouts is an excellent software, because it is much easier to use than other software that provide the same service, as it has many interesting options that can be complemented with communications between two or more people. I recommend this software to all those who require a good tool to communicate between two or more people.

Pros

The company Google has a series of very interesting applications that I use permanently, among those is Google Hangouts, an excellent software to communicate more quickly and directly with my friends, co-workers, department leaders and supervisors. One of the advantages of this software is that, unlike other message communication software, Hangouts allows me to have an application on my mobile and I can also use it by the computer, this is a great benefit because I can communicate from any device without creating dependencies because both forms work excellently. Another interesting element of Hangouts is that I can make video calls between 5 or more users, ideal when you have to make an internal meeting with the team, especially with colleagues from the publisher who, for reasons of work commitments outside the office, have to travel and report information that is being systematized.

Cons

I am absolutely sure that the company Google has to make certain improvements in this software to make it competitive with other communication software. Among these improvements should add the possibility of knowing when messages reach the recipient, also greatly improve the multimedia messaging system that for the development of the work in the publisher is of extreme importance.

Alicia from Choice Inc

Google Hangouts made it easy for us at work

Pros

We started using this product about a month before the Hands-Free law came in effect in August for work as we no longer will be able to use cell phone. I am a job coach for people with disabilities and my role includes driving our clients from their home to our program site and at the end of the day, my job is to bring them back home. There are times when our clients are sick or not planning to coming to our site program; parents, house staff or our clients themselves call us to let us know so we don't have to pick them up. We also used the cell phone to call the clients when we were running late to pick them up. The hand-free law made us not be able to use our cell phone anymore so we switch to Google Hangouts. We already use a tablet to check client in and out already so it was easy and safe to use Google Hangouts. The cool part is that I hear the message coming in and I can check it when I am park at a client's house. Or when I am at a stop light I can quick check it and still being hand-free device because the tablet is mounted. I am starting to like the new system we have a work! I was very worry about the hand-free law coming to effect while knowing we use cell phone for work and while driving. I guess, this way everyone will be safer and I got Google Hangouts (Messages) to thank!

Cons

I like everything about the app, except one thing I would like to see change is if there were some kind of ways in the settings where you could make some short message made already, like some kind of inscription so we don't have to write the same thing over and over again. Sometimes I get the same message every day, that "Colin is going to be absent today." or "Colin will not need a ride this morning" and I need to let them know that I got the message so I have to type back, "I got the message" So for the future I will like to be able to just do one click and that message is already typed. It will makes it easy and quicker for my job!

Jason from Bluebird Botanicals

Let's hangout!

It makes meeting easier. Especially when it comes to vendor partners that are out of state, it makes it easy to connect face-to-face instead of on a call. Additionally audio is sooooo much crisper. I don't have the issues I typically do on phone calls saying "Hey, I missed that. Can you repeat yourself?" over and over and over again.

Pros

Google Hangouts continues to be a game changer within the video conferencing world. They make it easy to use and connect with the ability to share invites through your calendar as you're setting up meetings with internal or external people.

Cons

For the most part, my dislike stems from user error. And it's typically user error with the phone number option. People will dial in and mess-up the number. Or with the video conference feature they'll be somewhere with bad internet or won't see the button to click to allow the pop-up. Silly people...

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

With it being part of the Google Suite the choice to not spend anymore on similar less superior options was an easy one.

Hangouts: The Best Video Recording/Streaming option for the price

Overall, Hangouts was the program for us. Rival video chat and stream software used too much bandwidth or lacked the quality that Hangouts produced.

Pros

The Google products are the best available for the price. Hangouts is connected to Youtube, therefore you can stream and record directly to the video supersite. You can also stream events for those that cannot be there in person. We have been able to record and stream our morning devotionals with a sister campus daily with minimal glitches. Hangouts uses minimal bandwidth which has been great for certain area near us that do not have fast internet speeds.

Cons

The platform and dashboard are a little confusing. If the tech person was not around, other staff had trouble getting everything setup correctly. This is definitely for the technically inclined and the sound gurus.

Alejandro from Ted Baker

Great place to have your online meetings

We have been using Google Hangouts to have online meetings with members that are all over Australia and NZ. This has been an excellent tool to have meetings and keep the socialness on point. I think it is better to see the people you are speaking to than just listen to their voices. I will keep using this for work and for personal use.

Pros

It is super easy to use, you just need an invite and place it on your google calendar. The app just tells you when you have your meeting and then, voila, everyone is connected and "face to face" virtually, using Google Hangouts.

Cons

Sometimes, there might be issues with the internet connection and depending on the newness of equipment, some computers or smartphones might not be able to use Google Hangouts.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

We decided to go with Google Hangouts because it is compatible with all the other software from Google. That is the main reason we switched companies. It was also kind of more of a trend, which means that more users would be using this software.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 8,552 reviews