All GoTo Meeting Reviews

GoTo Meeting- So you don't have to travel

Jorge

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Good solution for online meetings and presentation

I have offices, customers, account managers, partners and even developers in severalc countries. With this solution I can keep meetings or presentations everywhere in the World where I have Internet connection. The sound can be by Internet or phone call, I can share my screen ot my webcam, and aldo I can save the meeting, to keep track of it.

PROS

I've tried other solutions and for me the best from this solution is how easy is to access to the conference for my customer. Just one click and they are inside the conference.

CONS

I would like to send invitations to my customers from the same interface instead than copy&paste the content of the access. It has plugins with main mail solutions like outlook and GMail, but sometimes because I am in a customer with firewall email rules that don't let me access to my server from outllok but only by webmail, I have to create the conference form one site copy&paste and send the invitations from my webmail.

Reason for choosing GoTo Meeting

Because its easiness to connect to the conference

Reasons for switching to GoTo Meeting

Because I have a lot of problems with how difficult was for the users to connect to the meeting. They connect, but allways forget to connect audio or video because it is no easy to find it. Also bacause I had problems with support and invoicing.

Julie

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Functional and easy to configure meeting software

The video and audio both look and sound fairly decent. The platform's emphasis on user privacy is a particularly attractive feature. The success of any solution to a user's problem hinges on how quickly it can be implemented. All of the meetings are safe and sound.

PROS

It allows users to have teleconferences, record meetings, and make audio communications with others inside and outside the company. Because it's a safe environment, the tool is used regularly. Sharing one's screen with other participants is a useful feature that facilitates collaboration and clear communication.

CONS

Due to intermittent connection issues, logging in can be a challenge at times. There are occasions when the call quality decreases, which is frustrating for the consumers. The chat tool has fewer options and less intriguing video effects.

Reasons for switching to GoTo Meeting

For our remote workforce working from home during the pandemic, this was a huge help. With our external business partners, we still use GTM. It's easy enough for non-technical people to use, and we've found new applications for it in client interviews.

Steve

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

GoTo Meeting is a productive program for online meetings!

It has helped us in many ways, from presenting slides and documents to collaborating on ongoing projects from anywhere in the world with high-quality audio and video and without the need for costly and time-consuming travel. We have found that by integrating GoTo Meeting with other programs we can substantially simplify our work and multitask, which in turn increases our efficiency.

PROS

GoTo Meeting is an excellent tool that has helped us to communicate and collaborate in real time within the organization. It is secure, reliable and has provided us with many great features when video conferencing or live chatting with customers or company users, allowing us to stay connected from anywhere and ask any questions we may have. It is very convenient that it can be accessed from any computer or mobile device. GoTo Meeting's ease of use, high quality audio and video, and flexibility of customization and integration make it an ideal platform for online meetings, remote collaboration and virtual events.

CONS

GoTo Meeting has served us well, but its performance can suffer from time to time when more people are using it.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Customer Service Nightmare

I have to test each and every access code and then regenerate the meeting if I find that the access code is invalid. And I have no way of knowing if this a problem that they are working to remedy or not. It is a nuisance problem that was barely acknowledged. This entire experience was one that makes you start reviewing their competition. Postscript: About two hours after I found out from the customer service rep how to test the access codes for the meetings that I had created in GoToMeeting to test if they were invalid or not, I visited my GoToMeeting page. Some of the meetings were no longer there. I went to my Outlook Calendar and the meetings with the phone numbers and the access codes were still there. I called the phone numbers assigned to those meetings and dialed the access codes. The access codes were invalid. This means that someone at GoToMeeting tested all the meetings that I had created and removed those with invalid access codes. It would have been much easier from the outset if the customer service person had simply apologized for the problem of invalid access codes rather than telling me that the error lay in my cut and paste skills. Telling someone that they are not capable of a routine as simple as cut and paste, and that their execution of that process introduced the errors is pretty silly. I discussed this situations with my supervisor who told me that our company is planning to switch to another provider.

PROS

I have used GoToMeeting off and on for both meetings and webinars for over 6 years in several environments and it works pretty consistently. Early on, there were several problems with sound and people being unable to hear intermittently but in the past few years those quality problems have apparently been resolved. It is easy to use and set up

CONS

Over the past two weeks, I have set up meetings with GoToMeetings and the access code turned out to be invalid. It occurred last week and once again today. I went to the customer support section on their website and it suggested that the access code be tested by calling in on another number. I tried this and once again received the message that the access code was invalid. I followed the process of finding a live customer support person as outlined on the site. I was connected to a classically unhelpful customer service person that I recall from a decade or so ago. Overall technology companies have moved away from outsourcing customer service matters to poorly trained, ineffective and resistant customer service teams. This individual refused to acknowledge that the problem lay with the generation of invalid access codes at their end until I worked him over with logic. I had to pull out of him the process of figuring out how to test all of the access codes I currently have in the meetings that I have set up for the next few weeks. I got him to finally admit that the problem I am having is a problem for other people too. I could not find out from him if the problem was increasing or decreasing at their end. He would not provide me with access to a supervisor or technical person responsible for monitoring and eliminating the problem of invalid access codes. It was a nightmare

Reviewed March 2024

Click, Connect, Collaborate ,Value : Review with its Pros and Cons

Ultimately it all comes down to the company's specific needs, budget, or team preferences. Consider factors like required features, participant numbers, etc. As far as my team's requirement goes it checked all our boxes.

PROS

1. The foremost part of why one should shift to GoTo is user accessibility and how much it makes things easier for people who have no prior experience in hosting or joining online meetings. 2. The fact that it provides a blazing-fast and high-quality experience makes it more reliable.

CONS

1. GoTo is a useful tool, but the paid subscription may be expensive for larger audiences. 2. The Limit on the duration & limited participants in the free plan make it less compliant.

Reasons for switching to GoTo Meeting

our company's goal is to provide ease of use to the employees and GO TO provides us with just that.

Leanna

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Leanna Review

I like this software and having high quality video and audio is very important for the projects we work on. I am liking the experience and ill continue using this software.

PROS

I like that there's a free version and how easy it is to work with this software.

CONS

I haven't found anything wrong with this software.

Reviewed September 2023

Good tool for meetings and screen sharing, quite light and fast.

It is a good and low-cost product that helped us provide remote support to many clients.

PROS

This tool is quite safe and does not have an extensive list of vulnerabilities like other brands of its competition.When we used it, it was quite fast and light.

CONS

I think that it should have the possibility of being able to share files during the remote session, it was a problem having to find another tool to send files during the session, however other products that compete with this tool have this functionality.I also think that if the shared screen could be Zoomed it would be useful in some occasions of Support or remote presentation.The possibility of holding remote meetings simultaneously is important (when you have several clients at the same time and several support agents), it would be important for the brand to evaluate having this functionality that its competition does have.

Reason for choosing GoTo Meeting

It helped us decide the price since it was lower than other similar products, and also that at that time during the pandemic, other competing products had many published vulnerabilities, whereas GoToMeeting did not have those alerts.

Christine

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

In a world of video titans

This was the first conferencing software that I used, and possibly that is why I prefer it over Google, Teams and Zoom.

PROS

I appreciate the level of branding and easy this product has. After using many conferencing services this is one of the more seamless. The desktop to mobile app works super easy and keeps all of my info portable so at the last minute I'm not retyping it all in.

CONS

I do feel that when it comes to security GTM is not a well rated as some of it's competitors. Now that the world is all digital and connected this is an increased concern for many of our clients.

Jonathan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

I wanted it to be better than Zoom, but it wasn't

Ultimately, I ended up reverting back to Zoom after spending more than 6 months trying to make it work. Zoom has much more widespread adoption, and I found I kept having to ask people to install GTM, and then there was often issues, especially with clients who worked in corporate settings. There were a lot of tech hiccups trying to make this work, which really disappointed me, because I genuinely wanted to make the switch, but after having so many issues and trying to convince others to make the switch, I found I still ended up having to use Zoom.

PROS

I like that it's made by the same company that makes LastPass, which I think is an excellent program. The interface is relatively simple to use, and it does have a similar feel to Zoom, with slightly less functionality, but slightly better aesthetics.

CONS

Lacked some of the functionality that Zoom has, and had more buggy issues with audio, and people trying to use and install the software.

Reason for choosing GoTo Meeting

Because I felt that it was more secure than Zoom, and I could have more confidence in the data protection of GTM.

Reasons for switching to GoTo Meeting

Because I felt that GTM would be more secure than Zoom, and I wanted to use a security focused video conferencing software.

Reviewed September 2023

Our "GoTo" for webinar excellence!

This is an excellent tool for hosting online events and quality webinars. We will continue to use GoTo Meeting because of the features and its reliability.

PROS

GoTo Meeting makes hosting effective webinars simple and is a reliable product. The features, such as polls and analytics/reporting, really take the quality of the product up a notch and allow us to focus on the content and the audience... not the logistics.

CONS

Sometimes there can be an issue with attendees being able to log in, but this rarely occurs.

Reason for choosing GoTo Meeting

GoTo Meeting has more robust features than its competitors.

Nicole

Retail, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2024

Perfect meeting software

PROS

GoTo meeting has made our loves so easier with meeting in a few clicks.

CONS

I am very happy with all the feature set.

Reviewed April 2024

Saves time & money

It is incredible, better than other meeting software whose user interface is very complex.

PROS

Its easy to use and customer friendly, no bugs and actions are taken care of easily, no complex interface increases its efficiency.

CONS

Sometimes there are few glitches, other than that there are no issues.

Griffin

Gambling & Casinos, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Join.Me has Revolutionized My Role as a Manager!

Overall, Join.Me has been a very positive experience for our organization! It has truly empowered me as a manager to be able to connect with and assist my team with their various technical questions and needs. It is maybe a little tricky to install, but once you get set up one time, it is a breeze to communicate with and greatly enhances your cohesion as an organization. I truly think this will change the way business is conducted forever. No more unnecessary traffic, dress clothes, and face-to-face meetings in 2020 and beyond--and luckily, the work will go on, all thanks to well-built software like Join.Me.

PROS

Join.Me has revolutionized the way I work because it has (1) allowed me to work from home (which was always my dream!) as well as given me the opportunity to assist my coworkers with their SQL & Tableau data questions effortlessly! No more trips to and from each other's desks/offices, hoping he/she is (a) present and (b) available. Now, it's just the click of a button and we can meet to resolve work issues with ease! In fact, I can even take control over my colleagues' computers (because, let's face it--I can fix things faster when I drive, right?) Join.Me has been a breeze to use and the quality is very high. It supports multiple connected users; I've never hit the limit. We've even used it for team socials in order to continue to feel connected outside of work hours on occasion! I like that it presents each person in a circle (for group view). Other software I've used has been dizzying at times--in which the algorithms move the people's faces when they talk. This one just looks and feels natural. P.S. The ability to connect with ease is greatly enhanced by the fact that you can have your own custom link that you set--and it just goes after "Join.me" (example: join.me/johnsroom). Very simple to communicate to other parties (as opposed to having long random links to look up in email invites!) Also--the audio is strong. You can either connect with your computer (which is what I do--just make sure to use headphones to avoid an echo!) or you can use a phone.

CONS

I would say that it can be difficult to get connected for people who do not have the app installed. You can either download the program to your computer or connect through the internet, but the latter option will not allow you to change who controls one another's computer. And since this is important to me, I always need my end users to download the app first. And sometimes, it has been difficult to find where to download that app/get it installed on the other user's machine. The other piece I miss in this software vs. in other competitors' is the ability to have a shortcut to mute/unmute as well as a "push to talk" feature. Zoom allows you to push the spacebar to temporarily unmute yourself; however, Join.Me does not feature any such shortcut. This is definitely an area I would like them to work to develop. But otherwise, the software is robust and does everything else I need it to do!

Reasons for switching to GoTo Meeting

I'm not sure why we switched, but I know our company's IT department made the switch to Join.Me from Zoom. And while Zoom has its perks, I've found Join.Me to be a more enjoyable experience, mostly because of the easy-to-send custom links. Also, Zoom has issues with audio quality sometimes due to their advanced cancellation algorithms, and so I feel like you need a degree to properly present computer audio over a Zoom meeting. Join.Me has just been a simpler, more straightforward experience for me overall.

Kristine

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

GoToMeetings has done a great job of keeping our work place connected throughout the pandemic

Once COVID-19 became a reality in the work place, we had to scramble to find software's that were easy to use for all staff members as well as using a software that we would feel confident would help keep us connected. GoToMeetings has done a phenomenal job at making working from home feel just as professional and organized as working in your usual working environment. Not only is it a breeze to use, this product has helped tremendously in helping keep our office safe and COVID free by giving us a way to efficiently continue working from home.

PROS

This software has a long list of uses that comes in handy, particularly throughout the current pandemic. Since using GoToMeetings, our staff meetings have become so much easier, and safer! We no longer need to be in the same room to feel like we had a well-organized staff meeting. If you are a user, its as easy as following a link or calling into the number that is created for your meeting. As a host, you can easily create links for your meeting, invite people, and use my favorite feature; locking the meeting. By locking the meeting, you can assure no one else enters the meeting. This proved extremely useful when conducting interviews through GoToMeetings. Using other software's, such as Zoom, you run the risk of getting interrupted by strangers.

CONS

As with any type of technology, there will always been some "technical issues." GoToMeetings does a great job of limiting the number of technical errors, however some are inevitable; Whether it be someone's camera is lagging, someone forgetting to unmute or some other small hiccup. However, no small technical issues can take away from the many uses of GoToMeetings and how easy and convenient it is. I definitely recommend this product.

Reasons for switching to GoTo Meeting

Zoom had too many technical issues while using and we just did not feel comfortable hosting important meetings or conducting interviews while worrying that some random person would be able to infiltrate our meeting/interview.

Silviya

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2022

GoTo Meeting an efficient way to connect with anyone,anywhere on any device

GoTo Meeting is virtual platform meeting that fits every company environment. Effortless plan,create and deliver immersive virtual or hybrid events in minutes . It helps engage your employees or customers with simple to deliver but powerful virtual events

PROS

I use GoTo Meeting for online meetings. It is seamless and simple. It is easy to join for attendees. It is a reliably way that I can trust for our company. It works every time. The features and overall functionality are trustworthy

CONS

I like everything. It is very easy to use. The clarity of the technology used for GoTo meeting is great. It works great,anytime and anywhere.

Reason for choosing GoTo Meeting

I choose GoTo Meetings because it is the best way to have fully managed events.Our clients are satisfied with the product . It is essential to make a transition to paperless meetings. I can secure web conferencing .It is fast,reliable and I can secure video conferencing

Reasons for switching to GoTo Meeting

I wanted to boost our engagement strategy with virtual Events. I found GoTo Meeting with great management platform. It drives attendees engagement. You can enhance attendees experience with personalized live -streamed content and interactive activities

Kaitlyn

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

My favorite online meeting platform!

I enjoy using this GoTo Meeting! Easy to use, reliable, high quality. Overall it's a good product and the customer service is nice. We have increased our productivity by meeting whenever and whenever we would like with GoTo Meeting. If you need to have meetings that are 40+ minutes you'll need to start over or use the paid version.

PROS

I love the clear audio and HD video! The reliability is great and that's such an important component. GoTo Meeting offers a free trial and has good customer support. I really enjoy using the mobile version now, it is quick and easy to set up. GoTo Meeting can support a high number of attendees or participants so it's great for small and large businesses. The screen sharing and browser sharing are excellent and so convenient to have! Your calender can be applied to the product as well. The security level is high and I feel safe using GoTo Meeting. I feel that my privacy is valued and protected.

CONS

The con that stood out to me was the lack of customization in some areas, mainly the meetings themselves. I did not like that the free version has a 40 minute time limit for meetings. The browser sharing features malfunctioned twice but after resetting it has not happened again.

Reason for choosing GoTo Meeting

GoTo Meeting had a free version and a great reputation for video quality

Reasons for switching to GoTo Meeting

We were not happy with the video quality and reliability of previous products

1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

Full featured webcasting and conferencing app best for large parties - either live or on-demand

The business problems solved with using this software were for on demand webinars as well as group meetings. Both purposes were solved well with this software. It has also been used in other businesses and companies for web conferencing for which it works very well and is extremely professional to use.

PROS

I love how many features it has for analytics, integration, reporting and everything one would need for presentations, meetings, and webinars with parties of all sizes and types. It is easy to share screen for files or presentation, mobile sharing is also easy, analytics and email management for reminders is easy, and participant chat features are useful. Great for corporate or professional use but not ideal for 1-1 use.

CONS

It is a more bloated version of Zoom with many more features and a more professional feel. It is still relatively easy to use, however it is best suited for use for larger parties due to these extra features. Participants usually have to download the app as well and that takes setup time, it would be nice to have an online only web player.

Reasons for switching to GoTo Meeting

Zoom is great but less professional and less analytics or integrations than GoToMeeting offers. Zoom does not offer on demand recording support, but Zoom does offer features most casual web conferences or live webinar players would need. For a large organization, GoToMeeting would be better.

Samridh