All HireVue Reviews

Retail, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2019

Great Candidate Screener

I use HireVue to perform asynchronous interviews for my company. Our company employs field sales representatives and due to our sales metrics and performance standards, turnover can sometimes be frequent. I E-mail potential candidates via HireVue 7 basic questions for screening purposes in order to determine suitability for employment based on our hiring criteria. I truly appreciate the flexibility that this software has. Candidates have told me who passed our initial screeners that they appreciated the fact that the interview screener was on their time.

PROS

I like the ability of this software to access and screen out potential candidates for employment purposes. It has truly streamlined my company's employment process with great efficiency.

CONS

I truly have not experienced any negativity with association from this wonderful software, which has enhanced our hiring productivity significantly.

Osagumwenro Progress

Government Relations, 11-50 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2019

The bastion of Hirevue video interview app reviews: (almost) all you need to know before you use it

For the purpose for which it is made, Hirevue is simply an excellent app for convenience during high volume recruitment. So, I encourage HR persons to have a pre-screening with Hirevue to get a fair idea of how well they fit into the shoes of your ideal candidate, after which, you should have a final face to face interview because judging a candidate from a motion picture may end up in your organization employing a clown, or a well-rehearsed impostor at best

PROS

Dedicated support contact: After setting up lighting, putting on my suit, fastened my tie, and chasing away my friends so that the environment will be quiet, I discovered that my candidate login ID was non-functional. It took support only a really short while to respond, and it was sorted. Convenience and Cost-Cutting: HireVue makes the interview process highly convenient for both Interviewers and Candidates. Either party does not have to travel several kilometres for an interview, paying countless dollars in the process, especially when you are not sure of getting the job at the end of it all (no one wants to waste a buck these days). Efficiency: For the candidate, you can take your interview at any time of the day while the timeframe for the interview remains valid. This is especially helpful if you have a job, or a kid taking your time. For the Interviewer, Hirevue helps you work faster and effectively because in a case where there is a deadline for you to turn in your interview verdicts, you can decide to watch the interview at night or any other time. In a face-face interview, you only have liberty of interviewing candidates only from 9-5. Practice Mode: Hirevue has a feature that allows you to rehearse recording yourself as much as you want, before you take the actual interview. This feature helped me ease into the whole video recording atmosphere before I took my questions. Thinking Time: Hirevue gives a 30 second non-recording window after you receive your question.

CONS

The Value of Face to Face: While Hirevue is an easy way to see and evaluate candidates before you spend money flying to them, or having them fly to you, I wouldn’t recommend it as a platform for final interviews because of the importance of body language and other cues that are useful in assessing confidence and other qualities (This is an opinion against the idea of pre-recorded interviews generally, not against Hirevue). Howbeit, it is very apt for a pre-screening. Data Intensive: Hirevue is not made for light data plans. I spent a lot of data for my less than 40 minutes interview, and spent even more trying to upload my completed interview video. I would recommend the backend guys to look into this and fix whatever it is that saps data. It would also be nice if we didn’t have to upload the interview videos. What do you think about recording directly to a database after each question? I think that would be great. History/Storage: I think Hirevue should have a history tab where candidates can view their past recordings. This will greatly help with self-assessment, in a bid to improving subsequent video interview performance.

Tiffany

Computer Software

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2016

Might be more advanced now...

PROS

I've always liked the idea of video interviewing especially when your company needs to hire quickly and in many different geo locations. HireVue offers On Demand and Live interviews which is nice, because it gives your candidates different options to complete their interviews. All the interviews are recorded as well so you can go back and share with other members of the hiring team to get more input.

CONS

We when used them they were still in Beta and there were a lot of connectivity issues when we were using Live video interviewing in certain countries/regions (i.e., APAC and Mexico). They may have fixed that problem since then.

Abdul

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Excellent Product

PROS

Easy and friendly assessment tool to schedule the candidates and Manager, easy to use in Mobile and PC

CONS

more features are expected to make this tool more impressive, but product is superb

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Excellent video interviewing platform

PROS

We mainly use HireVue for recorded video interviews, which makes scheduled extremely easy, since candidates can log in anytime to submit their recording! It has saved us a lot of time.

CONS

Sometimes candidates feel a little shy about recording themselves, so we often offer an option to interview on the phone if they aren't comfortable.

Reviewed December 2020

HireVue Makes Video Interviewing Simple

Overall I think it is a great tool for video interviewing. If you are looking for a solid software and company that has been around for a while in this space, HireVue is a good option.

PROS

It was very easy to use, they have a great UI/UX and they are always trying new things. They have innovated quite a bit over the years. I think video is the future of recruiting and they are definitely on top of the trend.

CONS

The only thing I can say is that it was difficult for some of the recruiters I was working with to integrate it into their process at the beginning. It shook things up, but I thought that was good in the long run. Once people got comfortable, it was not an issue. It also integrated into our recruiting software so while that was great, there was a learning curve there.

Artem

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2018

HireVue Coach - Great Platform for Video Sales Coaching

We need to create stickiness with our sales training. Sales reps forget almost everything that we train them on and they need a way to practice that doesn't feel like roleplaying in front of the whole sales team.

PROS

The ability to send video sales coaching sessions to my team that they can complete on-demand on their time. I can finally measure and track behavioral change of my sellers and their ability to articulate the right messaging.

CONS

I need ability to tag feedback at certain timestamps in the session. Progress on new feature releases has been a little slow.

Temitope Adebola

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2019

Top notch application for interview

Hirevue has helped my organization to reduce manpower and amount of other resources that would have been used on the interview for other things.

PROS

Hirevue is easy to use. The questions have already been prerecorded so the issue of a bad network has been eliminated. It also gives access to review the questions while answering. It saves time when there are lots of applicants to be interviewed

CONS

It does not accept excel uploads and it would be nice if this feature can be added

Steve

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2018

The best video interview platform out there

PROS

It's really easy to use and saves you a ton of time when you are hiring people. You will force people to make short videos in reply to your interview questions. Then you can quickly review the answers to determine if the person is worthy of an in-person interview.

CONS

We lost some qualified candidates who were unwilling to do the videos. It adds friction to the candidate application experience.

Sadie

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2020

HireVue Video Interviewing Review

I personally have used this software for my interviews with different companies. It made the interview process easy. I have also coached students on how to use the software at the university I work at.

PROS

I like that HireVue is very easy to use and user-friendly. As an interviewer, it is nice to know that the software you are using for an interview can be easily accessed and understood. While it may be daunting to do a video interview and come with added pressure, HireVue makes the process easier.

CONS

There is nothing that I do not like about this software. I think it is a great option for recruiters wanting to get through first-round interviews very quickly! There are a lot of great features for both the interviewee and the interviewer to utilize.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Excellent Technology - Terrible Support

Great Tool and Technology - Customer Support is horrible - unacceptable. Caution - make sure everything is set up perfect before you are dumped into the general support world there.

PROS

This has freed up so much time for our managers who were previously doing phone interviews. It has been a huge improvement in our process and time to hire.

CONS

The implementation team was amazing but after they drop you into their pool of support - there is terrible follow up and it is impossible to get someone to support your needs. There is a culture of not providing phone support and when you do call , they refer your issue to a "team" who never responds and you don't have a rep to help you with your issues.

Reason for choosing HireVue

Security

Tyrus

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2017

Digital interviewing platform with outstanding support

HireVue allows our global teams to standardize our interview process for a consistent candidate experience.

PROS

The support offered by HireVue is amazing. They are always willing to help with technical issues (24/7 support for candidates, interviewers, etc) and business issues as well with a dedicated support contact. The tool offers flexibility with both On Demand and Live interviews which is helpful for various types of positions (university, entry level, executive, mid-career, etc).

CONS

There is room for improvement with the Taleo integration. It would be nice to have more options and visibility directly in Taleo to make the process easier for recruiters/interview coordinators; this would make adoption of the tool easier as well.

Twila

Philanthropy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2018

HireVue a great option for video interviewing

For video interviewing, this is a great product and they are working on more analytics. However, I think there could be more training for the candidates to make it a better experience for them.Although video interviewing can seem impersonal, HireVue makes the process simple and efficient.

PROS

The HireVue platform is easy to access not only for recruiters, but also hiring managers and candidates.

CONS

The note taking on the platform is confusing for reviewers. I would like to see the notes not only being more accessible to reviewers, but also editable to HR.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2023

Entrevista por videollamada

Es una herramienta super útil para que los candidatos puedan responder a preguntas exactas que el empleados quiera realizar, sin necesidad de hacerlo en persona o por videollamada. De esta manera el candidato puede hacer su entrevista en el momento que desee.

PROS

La facilidad para que los candidatos a una posición puedan realizar una entrevista virtual y responder las preguntas que el empleador desee si necesidad de interactuar en vivo.

CONS

No tengo comentarios negativos ya que facilita el trabajo para el candidato y el empleador.

Shana

Reviewed August 2017

We use HireVue for all our prescreening needs - both the Talent team and our hiring mangers.

PROS

Ease of use, ability to customize prescreen template question by job title, ability to share videos with multiple stakeholders, Coordinate allows candidates to self-schedule interview dates and times so there is less administration for the Talent team.

CONS

Would like to see more robust analytics and reporting. Otherwise, there is very few 'cons' about this platform

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2018

One of the best video interviewing providers on the market

PROS

If you are looking for a video interviewing provider, HireVue is the cream of the crop for providers. What I like most about HireVue is the branding of the platform is very professional looking and the overall system is extremely customizable. Additionally, the reporting capabilities of the platform is very in depth allowing you to really pull the key analytics you need for all of your departments and the positions they recruit for during the year.

CONS

If there is one downside to HireVue, it would be the cost of the system as it is on the higher end of what you will pay for a video interviewing provider. However, with HireVue you are also paying for a system capable of providing a lot of great features.

Nathan

Staffing and Recruiting, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Use HireVue for OnDemand Interviews, CodeVue assessments, and Live Digital Interviews

Speeds up the interview process. Allows you to share candidate interview with different hiring managers in the organization. Let's you talk with out-of-town candidates face-to-face without having to fly them in for the interview.

PROS

I like HireVue's ability to create OnDemand Interviews that lets candidates interview on their time and in the comfort of their own home, or on the go (apps).

CONS

Technical issues during live interviews. Most of the time it is the users computer settings that aren't set up properly.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees