All RingCentral Video Reviews

Joshua

Law Practice, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2022

Limited use, but it is partof a package welike

Guiliana

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2018

RingCentral for meetings

Ringcentral meetings give us the opportunity to connect with our clients in an effective way. Also, it s great to use inside our company to connect our offices over the world.

PROS

I´ve been using RingCentral at work since I got hired in the Company. For me it has been an important tool since the majority of our clients are contacted via telephone conferences. Also, ringcentral is very helpful for us because we have 2 main locations Miami and Bogota and we use it to comunicate between both offices the entire day. Ringcentral is very helpful in situations in which you need to connect your clients with people in different offices. Even if you don´t use the video feature you know who is speaking because the name of the person appears in the entire screen (which is super usefull if you are connected which several persons at the same time). I had also use it via cellphone and it is super easy to use, you only need to call a particular number and then mark the code of the meeting, for me this is important in cases when I have a meeting but I´m in the middle of traffic or something similar. Ringcentral also offers you the opportunity to share your screen so everyone in the meeting can see your presentations and you can even give them the control of your screen so they can make changes directly to any document if you need it, we use this feature between the teams in Bogota and Miami and it is super usefull because we can work in several things at the same time.

CONS

I don´t have any complaints about this software, for me it has been very helpful.

Angela

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Outstanding Video Quality

It has really helped our team stay in contact throughout the shutdown. We can meet each week and also meet with our clients. Any trainings can also be done by our up-lines through the platform.

PROS

This software is easy to use, install, and makes it convenient to meet as a team across the United States. I’ve never had an issue with the audio or video quality and each update makes it progressively better, even when I think it can’t get better.

CONS

There really isn’t anything I dislike. It would be nice to have a list somewhere to automatically call someone like a few other similar software products on the market.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral Video

It can be packaged with other things such as telephone and fax.

Reviewed March 2021

Not a big fan

Everyone knows Zoom, so RingCentral bundling that product with their VoIP services seems like a deal. It isn't in my opinion. The RingCentral client is clunky and has constant updates that need applied. They are replacing this with another internal tool, but, unless you have no other options, this would not be a top pick.

PROS

This comes bundled with VoIP subscriptions with RingCentral, it's Zoom - rebranded and with fewer features

CONS

Your participants must install a RingCentral Meetings client. Web participants have no features. Not an easy to use tool like Meet or Zoom. If all of your participants are using the same solution, then it isn't as frustrating. However, most people in the world prefer to use more common apps, and don't want to

Reasons for switching to RingCentral Video

Was introduced as a "zoom" resold as RingCentral meetings. After about a year of frustration and forcing external participants to use an app they weren't comfortable with, we went back to Zoom and Google Meet.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2022

Amazing - All in one phone software

This software is great for travel as well as it can be used from your laptop or via cellphone without having to give your personal number.

PROS

I am extremely I'm pressed have recently switched over from Avaya, this software has amazing audio quality, reliable support and training was included from ring central. We are now able to task manage, video conference and use as day-to-day phone. This software also allows us to access our phone system without VPN support when we are working remotely. Extremely easy to use, you are able to set your out of office, phone forwarding, and best feature is Visual Voicemail. quickly able to listen or read voicemails without having to call in.

CONS

We have switched over from Avaya approx. 6 months ago and had some minor issues which were fixed quite easily through tech support and changing settings.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral Video

the old platform was outdated and didn't have web support plus it required VPN.

Brooke

Insurance, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Great for Small Technology Forward Business

PROS

This tool is one of the best tools we use for screen share presentations. The price is included in the phone system we use and is a great package for our small business

CONS

It is reliable and easy to use, therefore I can't think of any cons.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral Video

By moving from Nextiva to Ring Central we are able to bundle phones with desktop screen sharing and video meeting for a great price.

Angelo

Internet, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Outstanding Experience with RingCentral Video

I have been using RingCentral Video for a few months now and have had a great experience overall. The interface is user friendly and the quality of the video and sound is clear. It is also really easy to set up and use.

PROS

RingCentral Video is a great video conferencing tool that is easy to use, with a fast connection, and great quality sound and video.

CONS

The one downside to RingCentral Video is that it can be a bit expensive for businesses with more than a few users.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral Video

RingCentral Video has superior functionality and reliability compared to other video conferencing tools. It also has a great customer support team that is always willing to help.

Bruce

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

RingCentral - Great tool for virtual meetings and screen sharing

Very pleased. Performance of RingCentral Meetings has dramatically improved from some years ago.

PROS

The ease of setting up and connecting to meetings is outstanding. After deciding what selective applications or screens to share on my PC, I select share and the other party can instantly view my screen or vice versa. Connecting to the URL for the visual portion is a URL click away. I can choose to call in or use the PC audio to connect to the voice call. Multi-user meetings are also easy for everyone to connect to with high fidellity audo and video.

CONS

Not a big issue, but having to drop sharing of one screen to connect to another is annoying. I either should be able to click on another screen that would drop sharing from the previous screen automatically or allow a limited number of multiple screens.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral Video

Easier application for both parties to use...less complicated interface.

Camille

Reviewed April 2018

Gets the Job Done Well

Easy to use, convenient for conference calls and sharing screens

PROS

I don't pay the invoice, I've never needed customer service, and I rarely use video. That being said, I don't think I've ever had a technical issue with RingCentral. It's great for screensharing and conference calls, signal is fantastic. In fact, I downloaded the RingCentral apps for my laptop and iPhone so I can use them remotely. Very convenient!

CONS

The UX is a bit clunky. Sometimes RingCentral creates multiple windows and goes fullscreen, and it takes more than a couple clicks to get things formatted how you want them. Exiting meetings isn't entirely intuitive either. With a few UX edits, I think this tool would be stellar!

Leo

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2017

Glip is a great alternative for slack

PROS

A lot of built in things. Think of it as Slack more oriented business and project management. Calendar, task tracking, collaborative document edition, you name it ... all in one place.

CONS

Could we please have code highlighting or verbatim in the chat? A bit more of support for IT project management would be great!

Rafael

Reviewed March 2018

Can't lose a meeting with this, connect from everywhere

We use this for web conferences, it can record the meetings and can be accesed even from a mobile phone whitout internet connection, so even employees with no internet access can join.

PROS

The possibility to connect to meetings with a lot of devices, by web application, desktop application, mobile application or even by phone, just attending to the meeting number.

CONS

As I'm in a country with a very bad internet connection, meetings via web application are very hard to do, it is a pain to connect, Other meeting applications have no problem with this, so I don't know if RingCentral need a little more bandwidth or something.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Great product for remote meetings

Good over all experience. We have rolled it out to over 150 users and have full adoption within the company.

PROS

Scheduling, participating, and joining meetings are very simple. The video quality is always on par. Joining the audio through phone or computer is also very simple.

CONS

The recordings are not easily accessed for review or deletion by the end user. This causes the available space to fill up throwing errors.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral Video

We switched to obtain all the features of an enterprise class phone system.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Glip also known as just RingCentral

We use Glip as a communications tool for multiple departments across our business. It has been a great tool for organizing our conversations by group and allowing us to keep a history of our conversations, which our previous chat program had a 10,000 message limit to the history shown.

PROS

We really enjoy using the built in gif search in Glip. It is a useful chat program that is easy to use. It helps us organize our conversations by group so that if our website developers are having a discussion about something, it does not get interrupted by the data teams conversation on a different topic. It has a phone app so you can stay connected to the chat group even while on the go, which is useful for after hour and weekend conversations.

CONS

One of the things I do not like about Glip is that the Windows notifications are sometimes delayed and do not come up for a minute or more. It is helpful to be able to see the notifications when I get a new message because I do not always have the tab with Glip open in my browser.

Reviewed February 2021

A powerful free communication tool

Glip was a very nice tool for communication and file sharing. We rarely ran into any issues while using it. The web app is working fine but the windows client is not as responsive and updates were avoided since they created frustration for no reason.

PROS

Glip is completely free to use for chatting and sharing files. Glip offers a very well maintained solution for communication with a lot of options to organised said communications. It easy to add people outside your organisation and still being able to discuss and share with them.

CONS

It hasn't really evolved during the past 5 years. The plugins are very limited and there's not much documentation offered to explain how to use them. Calendar is not very advanced and not really good for team management

Tom

Banking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Excellent video conferencing platform

It's a good platform and reasonably priced. It was quick and easy to integrate into our organization (full disclosure: we were using RingCentral prior to really relying on the video conferencing function, so our team was already familiar with the system). Excellent option for small to mid-size businesses. Possibly larger businesses too, but I can't speak to that.

PROS

System was easy to use, and integrated well into our organization. We had previously engaged RingCentral for all our telephonic needs, so the learning curve was pretty flat. Nevertheless, it was an easy function to implement and roll out.

CONS

Occasionally the audio/video quality wasn't the best, but that might be more related to some of the rural areas we operate in, and the network capabilities that we are forced to deal with.

Reason for choosing RingCentral Video

It was a more reasonably priced platform, and RingCentral provided a system that was superior to what we had previously been using.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral Video

Our previous system was over-priced, quality was poor, and lacked video conferencing capabilities.

Elizabeth

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Excellent Zoom Option

I have used RC for meetings, presentations, personal connections, and for ease of connecting with business prospects. It is rare to have an issue using RC and I would more likely chalk up any problems to my internet connection, rather than RC. When they fix the clarity of the backgrounds it will be even better.\

PROS

There is a lot to recommend with RC. I enjoy the automatic recording, the consistency of service, the multiple features.

CONS

The virtual backgrounds are not as crisp as I would like. Navigating through the program is not as intuitive as I'd like - granted, I'm older and less tech-savvy than my kids are.

Bart

Reviewed February 2018

Tier-1 provider with their own backbones in Asia, Europe, and the US.

PROS

RingCentral Office (for Business) is one of the best all-around office communications solutions we've tested. Combining voice over IP (VoIP) with a unified communications software client and dedicated mobile apps, RingCentral delivers all the features businesses need to communicate effectively.

CONS

Fewer options and less depth than others at the same or similar price point. Phones cost extra. Glip tool functionality currently overlaps with RingCentral Meetings so usage of the two can be confusing. Some integration, such as Single Sign-On, issues remain.

Adam

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Makes Communication Faster and Easier

Glip is through Ring Central and was a nice 'add-on' that you get with their product. We started using it because it was available and it has been very helpful.

PROS

It's a great tool that makes communicating in the office faster and easier. You can have different message groups set up so that you're sending the right messages to the right people. Its easy to use and in the years we've been using it we haven't had an issues.

CONS

We don't take advantage of everything it has to offer. We use it for the basic messaging functionality and have not run into any issues with it.

Rushang

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Good follow up software

Before using Glip, it was difficult to send messages and communicate across the company. Sure we had email and text messages, but there was no central hub for us as means to communicate. Emails get over flooded with important and unimportant emails, this software has been useful and I would recommend it to small sized businesses.

PROS

This software is really good to follow up with employees after given a particular task You can make groups, add attachments and set up a reminder to follow up Includes collaborative document editing, a team calendar, and PDF markup tools.

CONS

Honestly, I have been using glip on a daily basis since 1 year and have not come across any negatives for this software. They could definitely work on expanding the features

Kimberly