Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Team Viewer is very easy to use and much reliable as compared to its competitors. Clipboard integration and team sharing is pretty much seamless."
  • icon"I like the possibilities and simplicity. It's an excellent software to help collegues and customers."
  • icon"I love this program because it is very easy to use and runs great. It’s very helpful to have software like this and runs smoothly."
  • icon"Unstable internet connection: some times the connections are lost. I can not control other devices in my local network without an internet connection."
  • icon"Transferring a large file is not practical with this tool. With an unstable internet connection, this application does not work smoothly and gets interrupted frequently."
  • icon"There are several features that could be dangerous if in the wrong hands. TeamViewer is often used in Tech Support Scams."

Have you used TeamViewer and would like to share your experience with others?

All TeamViewer Reviews

1-25 of 10,877 Reviews

Harlan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Give Support , Get support

Lawrent

November 2022

a time-saver tool for remote control

With Teamviewer, we have realized a few benefits, such as connecting with people in different locations. This allows us to collaborate on projects, share files and continue working together even though we are not physically together in the same room.

Pros

1. It allows you to smoothly connect to a remote computer, giving you access as if you were sitting in front of it.2. You can easily share your screen with another person so they can see what you are doing on your computer and give them control over what you are doing on their computer (in case something goes wrong).3. It allows you to quickly transfer files between computers (great for file sharing).4. You can also share files between computers by dragging and dropping them onto the main screen (this is great for quickly sending large files across computers).

Cons

The software is not the cheapest option. Also, discovering and fixing connectivity problems can be difficult when using Teamviewer.

Farid

October 2022

Sehr nützlich für Support-Scenarien und für Menschen, die an verschiedenen Orten arbeiten.

TeamViewer ist eine weltweit führende Softwarelösung, die es Ihnen ermöglicht, sich online mit anderen zu verbinden und Inhalte gemeinsam zu nutzen. TeamViewer wird von Millionen von Menschen auf der ganzen Welt genutzt und bietet eine Vielzahl an nützlichen Funktionen, die Ihnen dabei helfen, Zeit und Aufwand zu sparen. Mit TeamViewer können Sie zum Beispiel Dateien übertragen, Desktop-Anwendungen teilen oder einen Fernzugriff auf einen anderen Computer erhalten. TeamViewer ist schnell, zuverlässig und einfach zu bedienen.

Pros

Cons

TeamViewer hat alles was wichtig ist und konnte keine Nachteile finden.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer ist besser in der Bedienung und schneller, leichter den Kunden zu erklären.

Matthew

Industry: Plastics

Teamviewer - Great

Wouldn’t be able to do my job without.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to explain how it works. Great to use to control other systems and fix problems.

Cons

Sometimes have issues connecting, sometimes it stops you connecting for no reason.

Nicolas

September 2022

A good software widely deployed around the world and easy to use

Pros

Remote support is good with this software as this is the main feature : diferent sort of app for final user (Quick Support = only 1 app, - no install, Normal : installation needed - more easy to teconnect on this computer later, Host : computer available remotely without user in front of it)

Cons

Some issue found during use of this remote software : file sharing stay and say never finish when close (but finish was OK), chat option is a rather poorly thought-out gadget (small window on remote computer and no foreground when send new message), teamviewer website do not purpose Quick Support version (the most ussed in Remote Support on first to find it

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Logmein make too many financial modifications during 3 years (from 0 to $$$) and Logmein is less widely used

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Nicolas, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer as your favourite remote access tool! We are so thrilled to hear that you like the different modules of TeamViewer. We always strive to keep TeamViewer intuitive and accessible to all. Meanwhile, we are so sorry to hear about the issue you have experienced with Files Transfer, feel free to bring this discussion to TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/) and we may share and help with the improvement. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! See you in the community! Have a nice day! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied October 2022

Corey

Teamviewer is good but Expensive Compared to Others

Was great to support remote users but the price is too much

Pros

Works like any remote software and is fast even on slow connections - easy to transfer files to remote computer when needed

Cons

Billing and Control Interfaces logins are not combined - support is not US based and is slow to respond - with the plan we had you could only have three devices with the remote app installed - other apps let you control from anywhere you can login, a stupid limit when you already limit the number of users

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Originally for price but they have raised prices year after year and we are moving to Splashtop

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Price for Teamviewer was way less that Logmein but we switched from Teamviewer to Splashtop for price and support

Marco

Industry: Sporting Goods

November 2022

Best software for remote access and remote support

My overall impression of TeamViewer is excellent. It does exactly what I want - remote access and remote support. And it has done so reliably with no downtime in the last two years. Always a faithful companion.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it's so easy to use and reliably serves me remote access for our servers and remote support. It never fails and is always at my service. I use it daily to support my staff and remotely maintain my servers.

Cons

What I like least is that the mobile software doesn't work that well yet. The apps are expandable. But you can see that the company is already working on it. I hope the developers continue to push these developments in the future.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Compared to the competition, it can better remote access.

Mauricio

October 2022

Acceptable, unsafe and very expensive

While I used it in its free version, I found it very practical. As time goes by, the usage time decreases, which seems logical to me.When I got to know it licensed in a company, I noticed that the functions are the same as in the free version.Knowing that the clause for renewal generates so much anguish and stress, I was convinced that it is not a good purchase option.In addition to a good software product, we also need peace of mind.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, with intuitive options that allow you to get to know and use it without the need for a tutorial or prior training.

Cons

First of all, the value is excessively high compared to other software on the market. In addition, when you are licensed, the renewal clause is handled arbitrarily and imperatively. Creating terror for the users is not a good thing at all.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

For the reasons stated above:It is not very safe for the end user.It is very expensive compared to other similar products on the market.The licence renewal charges are made in a bad way.

Juan Carlos

Industry: Farming

Acceso remoto

La experiencia es bastanta bueno. Cada año se renova el producto. Me permite acceder de manera remota a la oficina y luego conectarme a otros equipos. Varios usuarios pueden conectarse a la vez.

Pros

Se ejecuta al iniciar el sistema operativo, permite reiniciar la maquina y luego retomar el control. Ligero y estable.

Cons

La versión gratuita es muy limitada. Cada año hay que pagar un soporte cuyo costo es similar al costo de licenciamiento.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

La versión licenciada ofrecía mayor seguridad.

Bruno

November 2022

Good option for remote support, but expensive when compared to concorrent softwares

Pros

Very easy to deploy and install, to keep updated, file transfer is very easy

Cons

The pricing. It's too expensive when compared with similar softwares like Supremo or Anydesk

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

We didn't. We used it to try and the price difference was too much to be ignored

Bill

May 2022

A solid, but expensive, remote control tool for supporting clients

TeamViewer was a great solution that allowed us to easily provide support services to our customers. However, the constant need to upgrade, the inability for older versions to talk to newer versions, and the business practices of selling perpetual licenses one day and forcing people into a subscription model the next is not reassuring.

Pros

When we chose TeamViewer, they offered a great deal for the money, spending money to buy the software license once with no recurring fees. The ability to provide "zero-install" links on our web site to allow customers to get us connected to their systems was a huge plus for a remote support environment. And even better, they were far cheaper than other solutions at the time, like GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, RAdmin, and others for an environment where you needed to support random users around the globe.

Cons

Sadly, shortly after we bought our expensive, "perpetual, no recurring fees" license and got everything set up, TeamViewer changed the game entirely, switching to a pure subscription model. So, after advertising that our high one-time fee wouldn't require maintenance fees, the new model now requires an annual subscription, and we have been stuck on v12 for the last several years with no ability to get onto a newer version unless we want to spend even more money on the subscription. As other solutions have since arisen (like Zoom) that are far less expensive, we do not feel that we will ever renew our TeamViewer license because of this. Once they turn off the ability for TeamViewer 12 to work (which they have done for older versions already), then we'll simply be removing it from our systems.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer offered a simple-to-use, no-install solution for remote support for our clients that was far cheaper than the competitors at the time.

Maurice M.

Affordable Support For Your Remote Teams

I love this platform. Teamviewer was the easiest implementation of remote access and support for devices within my business. On a personal note, I've used it to access my personal computer, and to assist my mother with her technical needs, when I could not get to her. When, in the height of the pandemic, I was forced to allow my team to work in the cloud, we purchased a license, and all of a sudden, I was able to manage our server, and staff was able to log in to their work computers. When we were finally able to access the office, and I allowed staffers to leave with their computers, this was how we were able to support team members when sometimes, one person would usually have asked someone to help with something on their computer. I'm still anxious to try some of the newer features when my schedule permits.

Pros

Teamviewer presents a powerful and stable platform for remote access to computers, regardless of the platform you intend to connect from. In an increasingly connected world, this is your method of connecting to multiple computers within your business. It also doesn't matter the version of your Windows, where Microsoft's Remote Desktop requires the Pro versions.

Cons

My main issue isn't a problem, to be quite frank. When using teamviewer on mobile, there are a bit too many finger gestures which are required to mimic different mouse clicks. I figure that learning from the existing gestures on android and iOS might be beneficial

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Teamviewer, in my humble opinion, has it all. Ease of implementation, cost, user friendliness, cross/platform functionality (Windows, Mac & Linux) and a developmental cycle that adds improvements faster than the competition.

Ryan

Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to use but lacking

My overall experience with using teamviewer is the ability to quickly remote into a person's PC along with the automatic two factor authentication that is uses where the user gives you a password and ID to log in. It allows me to quickly remote into software using it quick support and diagnosis problems such as error messages and virus/malware infections. Overall it does it's job well and although it lacks certain useful features such as freeze screens and camera capabilities using a mobile device; it still provides solid use for any technicians that quickly need to remote in and assist their client to get back to 100% performance.

Pros

The most impactful feature regarding this product is the ability to assist others who need help and it is free to use as well for personal use. Teamviewer is a remote software that allows you to remote into another person's software in order to help them and troubleshoot any issues they are experiencing, along with transferring files that may aid in helping you fix their issuen Due to it having a free license option you are able to take it for a test run by choosing the option personal (non-commercial) which gives you the basic functionality like remoting into a person's pc and transferring files, if you purchase licenses than you unlock a few more features.

Cons

The least thing I liked about this software was the limitations compared to another software called logmein such as the ability to freeze screens, access certain aspects of a computer without needing to remote in like changing the username and password. And the problems that occur when a customer uses a tablet or phone on wireless networks where it takes forever to load which can be expected but also sometime it never loads. The one thing I don't like is the inability to use a person's camera to see what they see for wiring that logmein (rescueme) can do through lens sessions.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Zoho was way too pricey and lacks the ability to test to make sure it works the way I want as it only has a trial compared to free use with teamviewer.

Luis Daniel

An essential asset for your team

For me, personally it's the best app to connect remotely available in the market. Anydesk is a good second.

Pros

You'll be able to utilize this software to remotely connect to either assist your clients, manage your sytstems remotely, connect to a server, transfer files or execute commands from anywhere in the world. You can bookmark all your connections and manage them in groups and view the status of the machines from a simple side window.

Cons

The license can be a little expensive and sometimes the software may lag if the client you're connecting too is outdated. You need to look up the licenses because even the cheapest one, unless you buy a volume license, you need to be specific on how many people will be using the license and only one can use it at the time.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Knew a lot more about Teamviewer previously from usage and recommended by others in the same field as me.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Better connection Performance and reliability. Also less CPU intensive.

Connor

Industry: Computer Networking

TeamViewer is the best at what it does if you don't mind the cost

TeamViewer has been very pleasurable to use, if you're moving to TeamViewer from another remote desktop solution then you'll be very impressed. I don't remember a time when TeamViewer wasn't able to get the job done!

Pros

The vast amount of features is what amazes me the most about this software, I've tried a number of the competitors and this one is certainly the best of the bunch. It's super simple to setup and get running, if the user doesn't already have it on their computer you can put download links on your own website. I'd highly recommend TeamViewer if you want a solution for Android or iOS, even though their are similar remote desktop solutions for PC, there are none that are near the same level as TeamViewer for mobile devices. The mobile client is easily the best out of all the software I've tried (a lot).

Cons

The price, it's one of the most expensive software for remote desktop solutions but that's because it's the best, but if you want the best you have to pay for it.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

I've tried it and the others just don't compare to the quality, ease of use and the mobility options.

Vincent

Industry: Security and Investigations

October 2022

Remote assistance, No limits!

TeamViewer is a great choice for IT professionals, mainly in the service delivery and support fields. I do not see myself looking at other remote tools in the near future.

Pros

I have not had any issues with installation on all the devices we set up. Easy to connect to remote machines as long as the internet is stable. You can have multiple containers for multiple branches and the file transfer is seamless.

Cons

I do not like the fact that there are times you cannot connect to a device two versions before the control machine. Some servers with legacy software cannot be upgraded and you will have to drive into the office.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Remote support at the start of the pandemic made it apparent there was a lot that was lacking with AnyDesk

Rizwan