(4,502)

4,502

(1,906)

1,906

• Pros

• "Works every single time. Great sound quality and very clear video. Love the ease of use. "

• "Really easy to use and pick up on, great interface"

• "This software is great, it works consistently, is easy for my clients to use and provides many great features "

• Cons

• "There are connectivity issues sometimes, but they are very rare. When issues do arrive they are able to be resolved quickly"

• "Every aspect of this software is amazing, the only thing i would like improved is that the video if the group is large often freezes and lose connections. "

• "Although if offers features for sharing your screen such as other documents, presentations, and even video, the controls for switching between could use some work."

Browse Zoom Meetings Reviews

Ricardo from The Oxford School

Easy to use, full of useful features

Zoom is easy to use and you can tailor its features to your specific needs. The weak whiteboard is but a minor annoyance for a product that offers so much in terms of features and possible customizations.

Pros

The wide spectrum of features, functionality and settings you can tweak to fit your needs. With Zoom you can create sub groups using the breakout room features, create polls, share screens with or without sound, write or scribble in a whiteboard and much more. In terms of security, Zoom has evolved tremendously since the days the term "zoombombing" was made infamously popular: Now you can add a number of security features that allow for safer meetings, like waiting rooms, password protected meetings, and other measures. Zoom is also bandwidth friendly. The generated recordings are also small in size, another welcome feature.

Cons

The whiteboard can be a bit more user friendly and pack more features. Most of the time I end up using OneNote or Miro instead due to the limitations of Zoom's own whiteboard and how cumbersome it is to share that limited board in collaborations with large groups.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Easier to use, more features and we do not need the extra features, as our organization lives and breathes in the Google Workspaces environment.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Zoom has more features than Google Meet. At least the ones we need in our organization.

Miranda from California Partnership to End Domestic Violence

Excellent product!

We started using this product about two years before the pandemic, as a replacement to GotoWebinar. The advancement in features and accessibility over the last year has been phenomenal. We have been able to stay connected as a team through the chat, which does not appear to have a limit on the number of channels we can create to navigate teams and collaborative projects. The meeting feature is used by our team for everything from actual meetings, to webinars and a statewide conference. Our colleagues used this platform for their national conference and it was great.

Pros

The zoom platform is very easy to start using. The vast improvements over the last year are excellent! The ease of setting up breakout rooms, navigating all the features is great. The live transcript is quite accurate and can keep up with fairly rapid speech. We have also used the interpretation feature many times with great success. It's incredibly helpful we can also live broadcast to our social media platforms, YouTube, etc.

Cons

If your computer lacks RAM, or your internet is anyway lacking bandwidth the features will bog down. I have been kicked out of meetings due to the number of users on Zoom a few times. The IT team was quick to correct that. Some of the features are not available on older devices more which is disappointing. I have heard that the features are tricky on Mac products. I have used it on my iPad and iPhone, also on Android without issues though.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Lack of functionality and features. We needed more accessibility features than either platform provided.

Magly from Westinghouse Electric Company

Industry: Oil & Energy

Excellent alternative for better communication

This communication tool has greatly changed the way my work team communicates with people inside and outside the company facilities, it has also helped me a lot in the way of training staff. And make remote conferences where it is essential to send and receive files.

Pros

Among the features that I like the most about this video conferencing tool is that it allows me to have total control over the functions that a room can have, for example the number of users allowed, and to be able to mute the audio of anyone in the room. But in addition to this, I really like the functionality of being able to create pop-up alerts and notifications that are very useful to notify team members or clients when a live conference is coming.

Cons

Few things I could say that I dislike about this video conferencing tool but among them is the problem of poor integration with Office documents and I also think that it is a very populated tool which means that it can freeze on certain occasions this could be due to the fact that there are many people in the same room or maybe the quality of the internet.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

The main reason why the IT department decided to change of videoconferencing tool is that the limit of users allowed in WebinarJam did not cover our work needs, in addition to lacking basic functionalities such as being able to view the profile of each user and not have audio or two-way video.

Kristin from Willamette Dental Group

Zoom Meetings and Chat Review

We've used many different software programs to deliver our monthly webinar content and Zoom has proven to be the best program yet. It's ease of use and interactive functions are far beyond what we've used in the past and it allows us to successfully connect to our management teams monthly to deliver timely updates.

Pros

Zoom has been a great resource for our team when delivering our monthly webinars to our management teams. With over 50 people on each call, Zoom allows us to manage the groups audio and video components, display polls and whiteboards for interaction and monitor the chat box when questions arise. It's intuitive when new employees access webinars or other calls and usually they have no problem connecting and interacting during the sessions. It's been better than other meeting softwares we've used in the past and the interaction functionality has proved to increase audience engagement.

Cons

There are times that the connectivity lags but we never know if it's the software or our own connectivity issues. We do find that it does freeze resulting in some content being shared to be missed or audience members are behind.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Cost and interactivity functions.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Mitel wasn't meeting our needs and Zoom seemed to fit our functionality requirements better.

Better Than Many of Their Competitors, but Not Great

While Zoom is far from perfect, they are infinitely better than so many of their competitors that you can forget about most of their shortcomings. Except for one major one - their user interface. It's horrible. And I have not noticed any discernable upgrades or enhancements to really any aspect of their product over time. It appears they have a If It's Not Broke Don't Fix It philosophy, but there are things that maybe aren't broken but have major room for improvement.

Pros

Of all the video conferencing tools out there - and there is no shortage of them, either past or present - I have to say that Zoom works probably the best as far as logging in and everything working. Everybody who has ever attended a video conference knows the headache and utter waste of time known as "technical difficulties" especially those that arise at beginning of any video conference. This person's video isn't working; that person can't hear. You keep getting disconnected. Zoom somehow avoids this most of the time and that rarest of all things usually occurs - video conferences start on time.

Cons

If you have any more than say three - max four - participants, you're going to go crazy trying to include and see everybody at once. Yes, it's okay when whoever is speaking is shown front and center, but when you're speaking and want to gauge everyone's expression and just see everybody as though you are in the same room with in person, Zoom's Brady Bunch opening from Hell interface will literally drive you mad.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom had a larger presence in the industry and people are more apt to participate if it's with a product they know.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

GoTo Meeting rarely worked well. Headache after headache left me desperate for a new solution.

Youssef from WonderEight

The software that replaced the office during the pandemic

Zoom was our main communication tool during the pandemic. During the past year we held important board meetings, celebrated birthdays, anniversaries and many other occasions. It made the distances shorter by offering an affordable and very easy to use communication platform

Pros

Zoom is very easy to use even by non-tech savvy people. You receive an invitation, you click and you're in. The interface is very simple. Calls over zoom are smooth and don't require a very high speed connection. You can use Zoom for free or you can upgrade it for longer meetings

Cons

The software can be enhanced by adding new features / integrations similar to Microsoft Teams, to integrate project management tools or other applications that can be useful for collaborating teams.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom is easier to use especially for people who didn't have a Teams account

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Meetings on webex were very slow to start. Webex web client was very heavy and setting up a meeting wasn't the easiest experience.

Dylan from Rhose Island School of Design

Zoom for Campus

Very good experience. Intuitive to new users with enough power and flexibility for larger Webinars and advanced settings.

Pros

Flexibility in assigning licenses across users on an as needed basis. We are a smaller campus with about 3000 students, faculty , and staff using Zoom daily and the cost benefit of not having to have to own more licenses than we really need is a huge help on the budget side. It does require a little more administration effort keeping track of who needs the licenses when but Zoom interface is easy for managing the movement.

Cons

I do have concerns with the limited capacity for multiple users to have control over meeting/webinar settings. You have to be at an administrator level to make changes in someone else's Webinar settings for example. It would be nice if your co hosts had access to any Webinar they where invited into(with restrictions). We also get occasional confusion around the invitation links for panelists vs attendees vs co hosts. As the organizer yo do not have access to the text of the email they received on your behalf so troubleshooting can be tricky.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Easier to use interface, better account and cost terms for large user group that included faculty, staff, and students.

Gabriella from GABResources

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great connection!

I recommend Zoom meetings, it works and it's continually being improved!

Pros

There are many benefits that Zoom has over its competitors, which I only started appreciating after adopting it as my primary video conferencing program. I found that Zoom connects well even when my connection is not that strong. If the connection is bad, I normally get a pop-up message letting me know that my connection is unstable. This is very helpful because I do not have to try troubleshoot while busy in a meeting. If my connection completely dies and I am booted out of a meeting, when my connection comes back I am seamlessly let back into the meeting without having to restart the session.

Cons

I feel setting up the mic and speaker could be improved, maybe by adding a quick guide within Zoom or a link to one. It would also be nice if Zoom could be able to pick up only speakers and mics that work? I have three speaker options and only one works but Zoom picks all three up, meaning I have to test my speaker each time I start it. The nice part is more often than not it remembers the speaker option I used the last time. It would also be nice if there could be a Zoom call? not have all communication as meetings to be joined.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

I became familiar with Zoom from working with different organizations that preferred it, I then started appreciating the advantages it has over other programs.

Douglas from Ripple street

Best video conferencing service

Zoom helps my colleagues and I easily communicate via video with clients, prospects and colleagues. I also use it for personal use with friends and family which is nice. Zoom has made video conferencing much easier and more enjoybale.

Pros

Zoom is very easy to use and much more reliable than some of the other services available. I've never had it crash or freeze on me. Anyone can join via the web option. It integrates easily with email clients such as Outlook.

Cons

Customizing your experience can be somewhat confusing for some people which is disappointing. But just straight up using Zoom for its primary purpose is easy and the best available.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom is more reliable, easier to use and easier on your computer.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Zoom is more reliable, doesn't freeze and can bu used with anyone that has internet access and doesn't have to download software.

Tyler Jae from Wayzata Public Schools

Zoom has transformed education!

Overall, our experience with Zoom has been extremely positive. We will continue to use Zoom moving into the future.

Pros

Zoom was relatively easy to implement and has allowed for distance learning to become a reality during the pandemic. The simplicity of the interface and the reliability of connection has made Zoom our go-to for daily interaction with colleagues and students.

Cons

One disadvantage of Zoom is the inability to turn off the "self-view" as a default. We have discovered through feedback sessions and research that viewing oneself regularly (through conferencing software) is challenging for some; this causes anxiety and forces users to turn off their webcam. If this "view" could be turned off by default, it may help to lessen the anxiety and engage more with turning on their webcam.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Reliability of connection, quality of video conferencing

Ivan from COMFAMILIAR

Zoom es una herramienta completa y robusta

En algunas ocasiones se realizan capacitaciones y asambleas donde participan muchas personas, Zoom ha demostrado robustez y calidad tanto en video como en audio además de poder guardar en nube todo lo que se graba en la reunión.

Pros

Tiene todas las herramientas que necesitas para dirigir y controlar una reunión, aun si hay muchos participantes, funciona con velocidades de internet bajas y aun asi te ofrece la mayor calidad posible.

Cons

Algunas de las funcionalidades avanzadas presentan bugs, he configurado algunas reuniones pero al momento de iniciar reunión a veces no concuerda con la configuración realizada.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Comprobó ser robusta y de calidad aún en condiciones difíciles con reuniones de muchos participantes.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Se necesitaba de herramientas que permitieran la gestión de los participantes a la reunión de una mejor manera también por que para algunas asambleas era necesario más de 100 participantes.

Aryan from Technojam

A perfect solution for virtual meetings and sessions.

Overall, we are quite happy with the experience. The software is easy to use, has a mobile app and any user can join the meeting through a browser without downloading the software. These features helped us in gaining the audience and simplifying the process.

Pros

Zoom was one of the first choices we had in mind when selecting a platform for online meetings and sessions dusting the lockdown. Our main reasons for going with Zoom was it's intuitive UI which is simple and accessible for any a beginner and experienced user. It has some extra features when compared to other conferencing platforms, like the ability to write on top on of screen, scheduling multiple meetings, chat with a specific individual during a meeting etc.

Cons

The meeting recording is created with an unfamiliar video format due to which it has to be processed and converted to conventional formats such as MP4 for uploading it on any social media. One more thing which we didn't like was that any user can join the meeting with any name, disturb the meeting and leave. The meeting organizer won't be able to find his info.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Cisco had a very small userbase which limited our audience and Google meet lacked some of the features. Zoom has all the features we wanted and has a very large userbase which allowed us to get the audience we wanted without any hassles.

Trevor from MarkMonitor

Zoom - Virtual Meetings for everyone!

Zoom is a must have for many businesses where remote work has become more prevalent in our lives. These virtual meetings must be reliable and Zoom does a fantastic job with keeping up.

Pros

Zoom is super easy to learn and use. Kids use it for school, and many businesses are using it for virtual meetings. During these times Zoom has made a great resource to allow people to connect and share ideas without being in person. Zoom is also extremely reliable and can handle a lot of people in meetings with crystal clear video and solid audio!

Cons

They were having connectivity issues at the beginning of a big influx of users, but they have fixed those issues.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Webex was too expensive for our organization and was more difficult for clients to use.

Renford Joseph from Pusateris Fine Foods

Zoom has been our go to business communication medium during this challenging times

Business communications have been over reliant on zoom due to the situation with people working from home and have been excellent tool thus far .

Pros

Ease of use and adoption to non tech savvy users is the key in the product . Never comes across any bottlenecks during the usage thus far , Live chat and status of users is a game changer

Cons

desktop sharing at times have been a bit laggy at times , other than that i feel this is the best mid range solution in the market

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Best affordable solution with enterprise features loaded

mupo from 0760457622

Industry: Computer Networking

The Best Software for Online Meetings and Chat

This app is particularly helpful during the Covid 19 pandemic. Making business calls, setting up sessions, and attending meetings are all things I can do from home. This software has assisted me in saving a significant amount of time and resources. I'm overjoyed that it allowed me to have some fantastic meetings with no video or audio issues, and I'm overjoyed that I made the right choice by purchasing this fantastic service.

Pros

One of Zoom's best features is how easy it is to connect with others through video conferencing. It's perfect for seminars, online learning, and socializing. I like the feature that allows users to share their screen with others, particularly during meetings. This is essential for e-learning so students will be able to see what the teacher sees on his end. Not only that, but I really enjoy using the feature known as break-out rooms. This feature is essential for post-meeting conversations so individuals will communicate with one another unlike in a group, allowing for privacy.

Cons

The problem I discovered with the application is with the chat function. If a user disconnects and then reconnects, the message history is no longer available to them.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom provided all the necessary functions, such as excellent image quality, easy screen sharing, and sound sharing, for online meetings. Zoom also included a room breakdown feature which we thought was helpful for discussions on a group or one-to-one basis.

Ron from Crossintegral

Zoom Zooms Past the Competition

I use Zoom daily as my primary online business video communication tool. I sometimes find myself using it five or six hours a day while working from home during the coronavirus pandemic. I also use Zoom casually in the evenings or on weekends to communicate with family and friends around the world.

Pros

I have found Zoom to be the most stable and the highest quality of all of the online video communication platforms. Zoom brings people together by putting video, voice, web, and chat all in one place. In addition, Zoom makes it easy to share a window, a browser tab, or the entire screen with others. Files can also be uploaded and shared. Virtual backgrounds make hiding a messy room easy and filters (Anyone care for a bunny nose and ears?) are fun for casual or online social-distance drinking.

Cons

My biggest complaint would be that if someone gets cut off in a meeting due to an Internet connection problem and reenters, then the chat history from before they got cut off will no longer be visible to them. There are also many options so, in the beginning, it might be difficult for a new user to find some of them.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

After using various options over the years I found that Zoom is more stable and the picture quality is significantly better than the other options out there.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

I found that the quality of Zoom was much better and more stable than the other options out there. I think it is because Zoom Video Communications, Inc. is just focused on one thing, making a fantastic cloud-based video conferencing system.

Ray from Trimal

Industry: Research

Reliable cross-platform tool for video conferences and meetings.

Zoom has been very useful for online teaching of both one-to-one classes and for group classes. It allows me to share my screen with a student, or see their screen and work on the same document at the same time. The "virtual background" feature is useful for times when we don't want other participants to see the room we are in. This helps maintain a sense of privacy as well. Zoom's virtual background is particularly effective and quite natural-looking.

Pros

Zoom offers a stable platform for online meetings . Over the course of hundreds of meetings attended by 5-20 participants, video connection and sound quality has been outstanding. Only minor lags have occurred. Multi-platform. Zoom runs perfectly on our member's Linux systems and, of course, on Windows and Mac systems as well. I particularly like the fact Zoom goes out of its way to support a wide range of Linux distros including Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, OpenSUSE, Oracle, RedHat, Fedora, Arch and Manjaro. Outstanding! Offers advanced settings that allow the use of co-hosts, automatic naming of video files, accessibility of recorded videos. The ability to save each person's audio track to a separate file is particularly useful when editing a meeting video into presentations.

Cons

Zoom has been caught up in controversy over routing data through servers in China, but Zoom management states that this has been addressed. Much of the R&D and development is done in China which may be of concern. A problem we found was that unless the correct time zone and time is specifically set in the Admin profile, Zoom might save recordings with the incorrect date and time. Be sure to check this otherwise you'll end up with a folder full of incorrectly dated meeting files that will require hours of time to sort out and rename. (This happened to us).

James from New World Computers

Solid product for online meetings, events and training. Poor customer service

The UI and functions are right on the mark for use. Adoption rate was high over all, with the exception of very young users and ones over 60.

Pros

Functions, server speed, adoption rate was hight and required less technical support for users. It's popularity aided in the decision to use it. Already had experence with it pre-pandemic.

Cons

Custoemr service is often non existant. I submitted two technical questions. After 6 months there was still no answer. When there finally was, it was a 'sorry it's been hectice,' and a 'we're going to close this ticket' reply. Keeping people up to date with release is an issue, but most keep up.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Lower cost. Also Microsoft Teams has a very low adoptoin rate because of it's complete UI and reuirements for other memberships.

See next answer

Sofie from Kompetensstudion AB

Best quality platform for lectures and courses

Zoom Webinars has made it possible for us to continue working during the Covid 19 Pandemic, and we are overall positively surprised how reliable it is even when we have more than 300 participants. We send out the invitation to hundreds of participants and almost a 100% of them log in to the webinar without any trouble.

Pros

The quality of the image is significantly better than other widely used platforms like Google Meet, Skype and Teams. For hosting lectures, Zoom has all the important features needed: screen sharing, sound sharing, the possibility to see the chat even during screen sharing (which is not the case of many other well-known platforms). When we first started using Zoom, it was because of the "break-out room" feature, which we used for discussion groups. Another key point was the facility to invite participants to the meeting, and login is easy even for participants who are not too familiar with computers.

Cons

Initially, several company servers wouldn't allow their computers to download the Zoom app, so many participants could not join the meeting. We had to send out special invitations asking them to join through their browsers instead - which fortunately was an existing alternative. However, most companies nowadays recognize the Zoom app as reliable, so it hasn't really been an issue lately. The automatic Green Screen function (that is, with any colored background instead of a real green screen) does not yet produce a convincing background. It works with a real green screen though. Also, the camera filters available are all very childish. It would be great to have filters for business as well, such as the possibility to modify the warmth of the colors in the camera picture or similiar. We mostly use the Webinar function, and it automatically keeps the participants´ cameras off and microphones muted - which is great! However, when we have tried to unmute a participants mic it has never really worked. However, this is not an essential function for our lectures since we use the chat function for discussions.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

It had all the essential features for an online lecture, with great image, easy screen sharing and sound sharing. Zoom also offered the break-out room feature which we found great for discussions - today we have too many participants to use this feature. Most of all, it was easy for participants to just click on a link to join a meeting (many of our participants lack advanced computer skills).

Javier from Arrecife

Better balance between audio and video quality and ease of use.

I use Zoom every week for business meetings and to teach. I use the co-host role a lot so I can dedicate myself to my class while someone else runs the room. It also helps me to record the classes to evaluate them later or upload the material to the internet.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it is suitable for both small meetings and large presentations. It is easy to use for those who do not usually master computer tools, who will meet their needs. But it also has a variety of advanced configuration and management capabilities that allow you to teach or make professional presentations. Another great point is its audio and video quality, its possibilities to divide the meeting into small groups, use co-hosts who help to manage the room, etc ...

Cons

The price can be limiting. The free version allows meetings of up to 40 ', and can be useful. And the $ 15 version has unlimited time and up to 100 people in the room. It is usually the most appropriate. But when it comes to needing superior support, or to make a webinar or other types of presentations, it tends to be quite expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Most people already have this software and know how to handle it. In addition to its image and sound quality.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Because the quality of video and sound are better.

Dima from Matogen

Let's Zoom!

Remember the time when everyone was saying "Go google this"? Well, there is a new word in English these days - let's Zoom )) An incredible alternative to Skype, this software allows you to easily connect with others across the globe via your phone or PC. The others don't even need to have Zoom installed - they just need the invitation link!

Pros

Firstly, you can have quite a few participants - and if you are the meeting leader, you can turn off all their cameras and mics. Very useful for those colleagues who are not very self-aware. Secondly, the amazing screen sharing feature - where I can also give control to another participant over one of my open programs or my whole desktop, while conversing all the time. Talking about TeamViewer on steroids! Another massive plus is that in the free version you get your own free meeting with a unique link and you can reuse it again and again. In this way, people eventually know your "zoom address" )) and can contact you easier! Or they can just add you to their chat/contact list and zoom you whenever they need your assistance.

Cons

The one thing that is very annoying is the Waiting room... Often I would invite people to my Zoom call, only to find them stuck in the waiting room and unable to join. I myself had often been stuck in others' waiting rooms as well. Trying to turn off the feature in the account settings has no effect - apparently this is mandatory. If Zoom devs would reconsider this and allow us to turn off waiting rooms, Zoom would be much better.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom is more feature rich and I prefer it over Google Meet.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Skype is much less intuitive and is slower than Zoom

nadiya from University of Florida

Great seamless features (but missing a few)

Zoom has been a game changer and has elevated the classroom expereince.

Pros

Zoom has a lot of great videos conferencing features. Reactions, virtual backgrounds, chats, recording co-hosting, breakout rooms. Whats even better, is the administrator of the calls has a lot of freedom for how to set up calls. You can have participants hidden to one another (like a webinar), you can have the chat disabled between participants or entirely. Even their post call features are useful. You can see who attended, you can password protect the recording, and you can have a transcription of the recording. I especially like that participants can call in with a phone, laptop, tablet, or any device.

Cons

While the features are all great, there are a few missing that would really make it the top conferencing option. One would be built-in meeting notes (like mircosoft teams). Another would be live captions for audio-impaired participants. And finally, I wish there was an option to reduce the quality of your video, because with higher HD devices, Zoom sucks all the bandwith of internet and makes it impossible for other devices to browse or stream. However for many meetings video is required so participants cannot turn off their video.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Easier to integrate with existing users.

WENDY from MCJO ACADEMY SDN BHD

Assessible, Simple & SUPER Customer Support

Overall, I would say I love everything about ZOOM and I should say thanks to this software that our shift from our offline course to online can be so easy.

Pros

I like how easy it is to access Zoom app. My targeted customers are mostly housewives who are fairly new to technology and apps. Zoom comes in as an easy access for them as all they need is just a click on their unique link which could easily land them to the Meeting room. Simple Register Page I also like that I could create a simple lead page for my registrants. Although my company is not using that feature, knowing that there is such function which you can also personalize it with your own logo is pretty good as anyone who is trying to hold a zoom meeting with some own personality can easily do it themselves. Smooth Streaming The streaming of zoom is also ne of the applaudable factors of this software. So far, with a steady Mbps on our side, the resolution and sound are just things you don't complain about at all. Flexibility in Muting and Turning on Camera As the host, we can easily mute our guests and turn off their webcam through the Zoom settings. And when it comes to the time to interact with our guests, we can easily unmute them to speak! Awesome Customer Support!! And I should say Zoom has great customer support as well. They are always on a standby mode ! There was once I was trying to look for my registration page but I failed so I quickly contacted the support team and straight away they came to the rescue and pin pointed my problem and assisted me that I had mistakenly unticked the registration box. Very helpful indeed!

Cons

I have to hesitate here for a few seconds to actually think of the downsides. But they do have a couple of things that I would like to see that could be improved by Zoom. The ability to save the CHAT HISTORY. As we are trying to close sales through our webinar, and since there's no way to take down the potential clients who have responded in the chat, we have to manually write their names down to contact them once again without ending the meeting first. If only we could save the chat history, perhaps that would really help us a lot in following up with our potential clients. A short clip on how to turn on the camera and connecct the audio. Every time before we start our webinar course, we have to educate/inform our students on how to connect their audio. I will always be the one to teach the steps in utilizing the tools in zoom which would take up a good 10minutes. If only we had a short professional clip by Zoom to send to our participants, that would save up so much time!

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

The ability to integrate using Zapier to cut off the manual tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

I had problem in integrating our landing page to Webinarjam. As we had already installed our pixels in our landing page and we were looking for a platform where we could easily link with our webinar but Webinarjam could not offer that function. Hence, we switcted to Zoom and used Zapier for the integration.

Virtual Learning

Overall this has been a good option as our schools have moved to virtual learning. It is easiest used among adults and is very simple to use.

Pros

Zoom is a great way to connect with others when video and audio are necessary. It is great for meetings, e-learning, and social connections. I really like that you can share your screen. This is especially helpful for e-learning. It allows the students to see what you are seeing (and allows you to see what they are having problems with). I also like that you can split up into break-out rooms. This gives diversity of discussion. The administrator also has the ability to hop in and out of different rooms. As a teacher, this is a great way to get students talking while also supervising the conversations.

Cons

There are some difficulties with this software and e-learning. For example, the leader can mute all participants; however, participants can unmute themselves. This makes it difficult if you have a student who wants to interrupt the lesson. They can simply unmute themselves at any time. Also, while you can share your screen, every participant can also share their screen. If too many people try to share their screen at one time, it creates a bit of chaos and oftentimes glitches out the system.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Zoom had better connections and easier starting and stopping the meeting capabilities.

Derek from Bioventus

My review on Zoom

Its remote use due to the pandemic as been amazing. We have been able to allow our workers to work remotely and still resolve customers issues. We are able to share screen and speak directly with our customers to confirm their needs are met. We have also used Zoom software for all internal business needs. Town Halls, All Hands meetings, and internal departments meeting have increased and been beneficial for discussing our business needs. We have been able to adjust and continue working thru the pandemic, due to Zoom and its products.

Pros

Zoom is magnificent. I enjoy all the features of it. The breakout rooms have become very useful. We have been able to successfully train new hires remotely. We have utilized the features of screen sharing, chat, and remote control. Zoom has also come in handy with our sales team when working from different devices; iPads. Zoom is a very useful tool and I would recommend it to everyone for busy/personal use.

Cons

I have found managers to share the wrong link when sharing the recording of their meetings. Managers are sharing the incorrect link with our users which prevent users from watching the video. I would recommend that there be an easily accessible link at the end of the meeting to allow users to share the recording.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom's features were amazing. It outweighed everything else we looked at. We came to the decision easily after testing the software with our users.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Ease of access, deployment, and management.

Becky from TPUDC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Pandemic Lifeline

Zoom has been a lifeline during this year's pandemic - it has kept me connected to my colleagues, clients, family and friends. I've used it for everything from large public workshops to one-on-one happy hours with a friend. I've worked remotely for the past two years, and the ability to "hop on a Zoom" with a coworker to have a quick face-to-face chat has been incredibly important to maintaining work relationships and making job-related decisions.

Pros

The relatively user-friendly interface makes it easy for everyone to use, from my 96 year old grandfather to my professional colleagues. I'm also helping a kindergartener attend online school via Zoom, and it's easy enough for a five year old to use too!

Cons

Adapting features, such as customizing the waiting room and changing settings can be complicated, and the last time we tried to livestream to Facebook it didn't work, despite having the feature enabled in the settings.

Roxanne from ODPEM

Zoom make social distancing easier

I knew about zoom before this pandemic. However, I became a frequent user since the pandemic and the lock down. Apart from the few issues I had which most of them minor the software was quite useful and I benefited alot from using it.

Pros

Being that our new normal at work is to work from home most days it made meeting much easier. I really love the fact that all we had to do is send a link for everyone to be joined without an hassle. Zoom can be used for multiple purposes and not just for meetings. It is used for online learning, preventing students to have to be face to face with their peers and their teachers. It is very user friendly. Another pro is that you can share multiple screens and it allows virtual background which is top tier. The virtual feature of hand raising is amazing Especially in schools and meetings.

Cons

Even though this software is on it's way to top tier there is still some areas that could be improved upon and they are: 1) it should be clear on how you turn on your mike 2) you have to upgrade to a paid plan to use customer support and when you do (at least when I do) there is no customer support 3)there should be an option for you to share and communicate with persons you are waiting. 4)the virtual backgrounds could be a bit clearer or look a bit more realistic

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

I love that all I needed to do was send a public link to the potential participants of the meeting and they could easily be joined instead of asking persons for their user name. The maximum amount of persons that can join on skype is 50 and our organization is bigger than that amount. While zoom can accommodate over 50 participations and more than 10 screen videos at a time. I really liked that you can divide participants into groups when using zoom.

Angela from Otter Things

Getting Together With Zoom

Before 2020, I never expected to need a virtual meeting program. I was able to conduct much of my business with customers or clientele over the phone or in person. Now I feel like I can't live without Zoom. From virtual conferences to discussing illustrations with colleagues, it has become a necessity when we couldn't get together.

Pros

Some of the better features of Zoom are the ease of connecting with others via video conferencing. The company keeps its software updated, and they do care about security. You can use the program for free and still get many options, such as unlimited one to one meetings, 40-minute meetings, and hosting meetings with up to 100 participants. There are nice video options such as screen sharing, virtual backgrounds, spotlight multiple people, etc. With a pro plan ($149.90 /year/license), you can have the ability to offer longer meetings (I encourage question and answer periods), streaming, and reporting functionality.

Cons

I recently found out that there are many people who still don't have access to a computer. Those that want to join the meetings can do it by phone, but it is cumbersome to connect. I had to snail mail the meeting information to a few folks so that they could connect to a meeting of mine, and I had a difficult time walking them through the steps. The program doesn't let you sign in with more than one device. I wanted to troubleshoot the phone call issue and others myself but needed someone else's account to verify the solutions. I also wish Zoom offered a simple blurred background option for their virtual session like Skype offers. I don't necessarily need anything fancy for a background. I just want to make my background less distracting, especially when my cat starts bathing behind me.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Skype has always given me issues when it came to chatting. I looked into using the business version, but I didn't think it was worth the price and more people were already using and inviting me to Zoom meetings.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Although Slack is good for sharing documents and collaborating on work projects, it didn't meet my verbal communication needs. I can still perform screen sharing with Zoom and let others see what I am working on.

Nicholas from Melton’s Counseling

From Luxury to Necessity

The ability to rollout a teleconferencing option in the midst of quarantines, shelter in place orders, and social distancing (which severely reduced our in person capacity to below the number needed to be profitable) made the difference in us continuing versus closing our business. Additionally, our early and widespread adoption of teleconferencing through Zoom significantly grew our client base in areas where providers had not made the transition. We picked up multiple clients who never would have given our business a chance due to geographical distance, but were seeking us out due to our early adoption of Zoom.

Pros

In the wake of COVID-19, Zoom has become synonymous with video conferencing. Because so many of our clients have become used to using it, it doesn’t have the learning curve that some of the other video conferencing apps do. Because we are using it to do group sessions that are time limited, having an easy-to-use interface that the majority of our clientele are familiar with is paramount because it keeps us from having to spend precious time troubleshooting and getting our clients familiar with the app and allows for more productive sessions.

Cons

The free version teases just enough functionality and usefulness that it was difficult at first to make the decision to go to the full version. Not being able to see how critical the full version’s features would be for us nearly kept us from upgrading.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom has the functions and feel of a professional meeting being done virtually rather than in person. FaceTime, as well as Skype, had more of a feeling of a group chat of friends that was transplanted from text message to video chat.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Skype did not offer the security we needed, while Zoom’s decision to offer password protected meetings in addition to giving the host the option to admit participants individually met our needs.

Amy from Marion County Public Library

Industry: Libraries

A Lifesaver During Covid

Prior to covid I'd utilized zoom occasionally but not on the paid level. I had to upgrade our usage to allow for more people to be included in meetings and my staff to utilize it as well for online library program offerings. It's been great. I can easily schedule a meeting, sent out notice to my attendees and even send it to Facebook Live so that I can still make my meeting accessible for public viewing. (We're subject to open records laws)

Pros

Eight months ago Video Conferencing seemed like something that I'd never have to truly look into beyond an occasional use, more for fun, not really work. The Covid 19 Crisis made me rethink that. I'm the director of a small public library in Kentucky. We are required legally to host monthly trustees meetings to keep tabs on/make the community aware of the utilization of tax dollars and services offered. But what do you do when you can't allow those trustees to be in the same room together for the sake of their health? Zoom really saved us.

Cons

I've not encountered any real issue with our use of Zoom thus far. It's been easy to use for myself and the library trustees.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

We thought about skpe but Zoom was just a better fit for us. Low cost, easy to use, easy to share and manipulate by people even if we couldn't physically be there to walk them through how to join a meeting etc.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

We hadn't done the paid version of Skype. So I can't say for certain that a paid level might offer more? But even at the non-paid level we preferred the ease of Zoom over Skype. It just seems to be a smoother running format.

Sanskriti from F1soft International Pvt. Ltd

ZOOM for team discussions, learning and more!

Overall, I had a good experience with ZOOM. Through the application we are able to have team discussions, discuss ongoing project, presentation and more. I am able to join live meetings in anytime and anywhere. With the remote desktop connections, we are able to access the office PC(virtually), and do works as specified. So, its been easier for us to 'Work From Home' in this pandemic.

Pros

Zoom is great app for online video conferencing. It Supports multiple devices, file sharing, video calls, texts(chats), screen hosting, remote access and much more within the single app. The interface seems smooth and navigation within the app is handy. Zoom has its own in-built screen recording feature, and users don't need to install any external softwares for screen recording.

Cons

For most of the times, I am experiencing the repetition of audio as I speak. It's quiet disturbing when I heard my own voice repeling back. Also, sometimes, the calls ends out unexpectedly, and I am likely to miss important announcement and team discussions.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom was easy to use and implement at work. Even our IT assistant recommends ZOOM, for video conferencing.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

ZOOM was able to provide all the extensive features we need at work, where other similar apps simply lacks most out of it.

John from BinaryNoir

A very complete conferencing application that suffers from usability issues

Overall I have found Zoom to be a stable and valuable tool. The pricing structure is reasonable and the features very complete. I like that the company is continuing on improving security which is imperative to it's continued use. I often recommend and use Zoom because of this.

Pros

One of the things I appreciate the most is that only the host of a meeting is required to have a membership to take advantage of long conference calls. This has opened up the ability to use Zoom with a wide array of customers and use cases, such as adding family members. Zoom is also frequently updating their application to make it more user friendly and add compelling features which has made this conferencing tool a goto for nearly everyone. The fact it is completely cross platform makes it accessible for anyone I need to conference call with.

Cons

The inconstancies and the seemingly constant adjustment of features is a blessing and a curse. When working with others they often can't find how to do something that they "saw yesterday." While this isn't a major issue for professionals, it can be crippling and frustrating to non-technical users. Also, there is a level of inconsistency between desktop and mobile applications on the location of buttons and features that can make it very difficult to assist someone when providing them support. One other issues is the confusion of "New Meeting," "schedule," and "meetings". These names as well as their button locations (meetings) make it frustrating to schedule, or find a scheduled meeting. It seems "New Meeting" could easily make it optional on the dialog to make this a quick meeting vs. scheduled meeting. Even though I am aware of what these mean I am forever clicking the wrong button.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

The cost, features, and ease of use made it an east and logical choice.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

The pricing structure, ease of deployment, and reliability (not to mention the features) made it a very easy choice to switch.

sameer from Deloitte

Zoom- The best video and audio calling application for Business.

My overall experience with zoom has been really great since the software is very easy to understand as well as use and the speed with which is operates is really recommendable. Also, the screen sharing feature on this application is fastest when compared to its peers. Having said that, I would again like to reiterate that it is one of the best internet calling applications available in the market right now .

Pros

Zoom is one of the best and fastest audio and video calling software available in the market today. As per my understanding, the best USP of zoom is the simplicity with which this software is created and moreover the speed of manuovering in moving from one functionality to another within the software. I would also specifically like to mention the fact that while working on slow internet speeds, I have experinced zoom calls to be the most seamless and thus they provided a wonderful experience even in low internet badwidth conditions.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't like much about this software is the limited number of functions it provides to the end user. To elaborate, zoom is primarily used only for calls and chats. I wish i could have seen more features in this application like file sharing and editing on cloud, intergration and preparation of different types of office products etc. within zoom, that way we would not have to switch to other applications for these kind of tasks .

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Skype for Business really became outdated over the period of time, there are various reasons because of which I make the switch and they are: Firstly, Skype for business is really slow in processing and performing day to day tasks such as finding a user in the company directory as compared to zoom. Secondly, during screen sharing, there is always a lag on the other side when we use skype for business and thirdly, it takes atleast 3-4 minutes for the application to get connected to its server and start operating. Clearly, I didn't faced these issues in Zoom and hence made the switch.

Muhammad Arifur from Bangladesh Online Mathematical Competition

Decent solution for online meetings

We are using Zoom for our daily meetings for website development. We use the screen share features to discuss on the project and to work on the source code together. We share our ideas with whiteboard feature. Zoom handles weak internet connection very well - which makes it our on-the-go app for online meetings.

Pros

Zoom can be used both on PC and smartphone. The app is quite easy to navigate. Connecting to meetings is easy using meeting links. It has the options to chat, share screen, documents and whiteboard - everything needed for team meetings. The Driving Mode is quite handy when only voice communication is needed.

Cons

The meeting interface is kind of old-ish. Lags quite a lot sometimes. Disconnects and reconnects again and agin on weak network. It doesn’t have advanced features like auto-connecting to meetings according to the schedule.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom can handle weak internet connection better than any other meeting platforms. It compresses video and audio data on-the-go and adjusts with the connection quality.

Kyle from Kyle K Yim Films

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

School's Solution During a Pandemic

Overall Zoom is an amazing software and I'm glad that most teachers use it. I do think there are some improvements and some added features to be made. Zoom's a strong option for anyone needing to teach a class through the internet or host online meetings with international people and I believe it will become a better feature as time moves on.

Pros

Zoom has been a great software for online meetings since 2013. Although only a couple of people had used Zoom pre-2020, it started to emerge during the time Covid-19 started affecting schools. Due to people having social distance, having school in-person was essentially impossible without getting sick. Zoom was a strong solution to this problem and is still being used more than ever today. Like most students, I have been only using Zoom as a way to attend school during this pandemic but I do not mind having online school especially since I know doing it may save my peers from contracting the virus. Zoom has provided a way for us students to attend school without having the risk of exposing or being exposed to Covid-19. Zoom's software is easily manageable as most people in my family could use it without issue. It's video chat software allows for the option to quickly turn on or off both your mic and camera in an instant. You can also message people through a chat during a meeting so there's no need to turn on your mic to ask a question. The quick command menu allows you to ask your teacher multiple things without having to get their attention while they're teaching. Accessing a Zoom meeting is also very simple as you can send or receive a link that will instantly put you into the meeting or enter the room code. Zoom has a feature where the host can send you into separate groups privately which is very effective when doing group projects.

Cons

Zoom has some flaws that other softwares already have integrated into their system. One example is Discord which allows the user to turn up the mic volume of anyone in a meeting while allowing you to simultaneously turn down the mic of someone else. Zoom does have to ability to allow you to add contacts but personally I don't use this feature because there's not a quicker way to do other than adding their email address. I think this takes too long and so, therefore, don't use this feature as much. Zoom seems to be strictly a video, call, and message application when many of its users are students and teachers. Integrating a feature that allows teachers to hand out assignments in an organized way would seem more beneficial. Also, it does seem like Zoom could add more features to make it seems like an software that's used more for than just school and work. It could add a social media feature, although this is a hypothetical situation, similar to Snapchat's ability to send pictures to anyone in an instant. Or add a stories feature where teachers can remind students that an assignment may be due while making it look more interesting than just an email notification on your phone.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Well I personallly didn't make the switch but my teachers did. I believe it's because they figured that since most other teachers use Zoom, they wouldn't want to confuse their students by having them use more than two software for online school.

Joseph from Commack Ambulance

Meetings during a pandemic? No problem with Zoom.

During the pandemic we needed a solution to hold our meetings for our offficers, general membership, and committees. We needed a perfect solution, and we needed it quickly. As the project manager on implementing and researching a viable solution, we looked at what we had, and what we wanted. We had GoToMeeting. I found that this product was clunky, not user friendly, and overall a hassle to implement and utilize for a wide demographic of members. Zoom to the rescue! When we priced our and made the switch, I went forward with looking for a solution that would appeal to those who know nothing about technology and computers. We found Zoom to be extremely user friendly for those people, and we were able to implement quickly, easily, and accurately. The feedback from our membership has been nothing but positive and excited to finally find a user-friendly platform that just works during this changing and uncertain time!

Pros

Zoom was super easy to implement for our department of 200 plus members. This was by far the easiest aspect of the program. Zoom was extremely easy to price, and to roll out to our membership. We have a wide demographic of members, some who are computer-literate, and those who are not. What I like the most was being able to on-board those members who are technophobes. Generating and setting up a meeting was very straightforward, and incredibly easy. I can send a meeting to multiple people quickly and easily, with it being easy and simple on their end. The feedback has been nothing but positive. Secondly, I love the stable connection zoom provides, with crystal-clear audio and video when we run a meeting with over 200 people at once. This was spot on for what we were looking for.

Cons

My only issue with Zoom is during rapid discussion. Sometimes the software has an issue keeping up, audio will cut out, and it is sometimes difficult to follow when multiple people are talking at once. This occurs only a few times and seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes it goes ahead with no issues, and there is no difficulty hearing, but sometimes it is burdensome to ask someone to repeat what they were saying and it slows down overall productivity and user happiness.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

We discovered that zoom was by far the most user friendly, easiest to implement, and simple to teach out. Pricing was right on point with where we wanted to be, and the a-la-carte options were what we were looking for. Overall we are very happy we went with zoom versus the competition in virtual meeting software.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

We made the switch because after I played around and tested GoToMeeting, I found it to be heavy and cumbersome. The audio was not the best, and the overall admin settings and abilities were repetitive and burdening. Connectivity was also sometimes a problem, especially with non-computer literate members who were using virtual meeting hosting programs for the first time. In order to make it easy for our members, we did research, sandboxed multiple programs, and decided to go with zoom.

Quincy from AS of SDSU

Zoom Makes It Possible

Overall, Zoom has provided that easy & seamless transition from 100% in-person work to now 100% virtual work in a matter of 2 days. Also, Zoom has been crucial to our “office bonding” since it has now been approximately 5 months of both seeing these coworkers.

Pros

Back in March, like the rest of the country, I was sent to work from home due to coronavirus. Since Zoom was already integrated into our GSuite & used sporadically, it made it a seamless transition, most importantly our meetings that had already been scheduled prior to being sent home. Part of my job is recruitment & onboarding, and with Zoom, I have been able to successfully hire & onboard several new employees, specifically during this COVID time. When I have had to hire en mass, I like to utilize the breakout room feature when I have to virtually verify our employees’ I-9 documents. The breakout rooms allow for there to be privacy when showing these documents on camera, reducing the stress & anxiety of showing these documents with strangers present. We have also created a biweekly talk show presented through Zoom for all of our employees to watch. Topics include, but are not limited to, features in Zoom itself, Google Form creations, Google Drive, etc. Thankfully Zoom has made virtual HR as easy as possible.

Cons

My biggest complaint about the software is that when connected via phone, people can sometimes hear themselves via feedback on their end - more so than on the computer mic. It is extremely important to ensure you are muted if you are not actively speaking while using the phone audio method.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

During our recruitment proceeds we used Skype for Business primarily, however, we were always running into technical issues regularly.

Mohamed from za1ron pvt ltd

Best Webinar Application

Overall I love it and I'm expecting more features with it

Pros

I was searching so many webinar software and I tried all but finally I found zoom is the best webinar application in the world. It helped me to schedule the meetings and manage the registration forms in a easy manner. Now a days I'm using premium version of zoom webinar for my organization. I love the whiteboard and annotation and user control system and everything, video and audio qualities are nice

Cons

I found some issues compare with other webinar software. participates can read the name of other participates, no pop up quiz facilities, question and answer methods as well as 100 participates at the beginning is not enough to premium version users. If the improve it in futures that will be useful

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom is very user friendly and no legging

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Application is overload and legging

Xavier from MrBuzz

Industry: Graphic Design

Avis sur Zoom

J'ai découvert Zoom au démarrage du projet et il a bien évolué! Installation et enregistrement rapide! Prise en mais intuitive. Effectivité et besoin de peu de ressources de bande passante et utilisable sur tout les systèmes d'exploitation avec peu de ressource mémoire.

Pros

Zoom est un programme de visioconférence simple à mettre en place et à utiliser qui permet de réalisé des rendez-vous "tête à tête" ou des réunions de groupe de qualité et rapidement sans grande connaissance informatique. Il permet aussi de faire des présentation et d'animer des Webinaires avec un partage d'écran simple et propre qui va bien mettre en valeurs votre produits! La qualité d'image et incroyable même avec une webcam de PC portable et il n'y a quasiment jamais de lag d'images même avec une petite connexion. Bref c'est in logiciel indispensable a mettre dans votre top 5!

Cons

L'interface est un peu trop minimaliste. il pourra encore s’améliorer sur la charte graphique. Il y a eu des failles de sécurité dû a un emploie pas assez sécurisé des utilisateurs. Quelques soucis pour fonctionner avec Firefox.....

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Pour sa simplicité et son interface offrant une qualité d'image et de connexion impeccable.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

J'ai rapidement testé Zoom et il m'a plus de suite pour son efficacité.

Kevin from Arklight Development

Someone recommended Zoom

Given the current climate everyone is trying to find solutions for running classrooms from home. I was led to using Zoom by recommendation from other lecturers. In the scramble to find a universal solution that could work for everyone Zoom became the most popular solution. Having use the software for the past three months I can say that it does its job competently. Sadly I haven't upgraded to the pro version but that might change given the unstable times we are in now. Overall i like all the extra feature the software has. Its made having online tutorials a breeze.

Pros

Well like many conference software it allows video chat and it comes with screen sharing which is essential when working with students. I also like the features that allows you to see who is muted as well as being able to mute them yourself. When doing screen sharing, I like the top bar that shows information about the current call and also the pop-up notification when someone is attempting to join the chat. Above all I enjoy the fact that I don’t have to worry about what devices my students have as they can join using either PC or Cellphone. Especially cellphones as most of my student are more likely to have a cellphone or tablet than a laptop or desktop computer.

Cons

My only issue is that there are other conferencing software that are free to use and because Zoom's free version is limited to 40 mins per session it can become annoying re-establishing meetings every time you run out of minutes. This leaves you with the only option of purchasing the pro version which can cost you either $15 per month or an annual fee of $150. At that cost you better be committed to using this software the whole year and not as a temporary solution to the current crisis. In the end you'll have to decide if the cost is worth the features it provides.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

It was more accessible for all my students.

Rajat from Tata Consultancy Services

Zoom Review

The overall experience is really great for me because I have come to zoom from skype for business and its way better compared to that product.

Pros

Zoom is one of the best meeting app I have ever used. The interface is so simple and minimalist. Its fast to connect and its very much stable. The video and audio quality is really good compared to other products in its category. Here the chats stay for 7 days while in other similar products (e.g. skype) all the chats got deleted once we close the session. Sharing file over chats and in-built screenshot taking features make it awesome. Another cool feature is if you chat with people while you are sharing your screen, that chat window wont be shared through screen sharing. Its really a super cool features for privacy.

Cons

I don't have many complaint against zoom but there are few. In the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic, when so many people started using zoom, I had lots of stability issues. But it got fixed through an update. A big shout-out for the zoom team. I feel like the chat staying time can be improved from 7 days to 30 days or more. Because a history is always better. Another problem I have faced is like whenever I am scheduling a meeting I can't invite people and share the meeting information from the zoom window. It redirects me to my outlook calendar and from there the rest can be done. Also my zoom doesn't sync other meeting from my calendar. It shows only those meeting which are created from zoom.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

It was a decision by my organization and I am thankful to them for this.

McKenzie from HR Hero

Zoom for Interviewing

Great Technology for a great price. This is a staple for my business now.

Pros

I originally signed up as this was the only video software that allowed me to record my meetings. There are many features that set Zoom apart. They are ahead of the technology curve and are constantly adding integrations as well as new features. A minor feature that my team loves is the auto airbrush (I forget what they call it) but it’s like auto tune for your face. It’s looks very natural.

Cons

They’ve had a few times where the whole network went down. Also, I’d like to be able to send surveys to my candidates about their experience after the call is over and I don’t see that option. And a small thing but when you split into groups there is not an option to chat with “everyone” any more only within the small group.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Easiest to first time users, most reliable video, and it let me record the calls.

To record calls

Virtual Training made Easy

Overall Zoom has been a great product we use everyday for training classes. Our trainers have really mastered how to use the virtual platform through zoom and the break out groups function really sets it apart form other virtual platforms in my mind. We will continue to use it and look forward to more features on it in the future.

Pros

We love the breakout rooms feature. Breakout room allows you to set up individual rooms for a group of people to discuss and chat and not be int he main room. This helps with breakout activities and other meetings that happen simultaneously. The instructor moderates the rooms by communicating via chat and can even pop in and out of rooms. Its a game changing feature that a lot of other competitors do not have.

Cons

I don't like how you have to pay for a large group meeting. We pay an extra $20 a month on top of our annual subscription to allow one license to accommodate a large meeting of 200 people or more. i fell as if this should be included in our annual price.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

it had the features we needed.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

it didn't provide what we needed which was a break out room feature.

Chad from PADNOS

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Standard for large group meetings

Zoom continues to be our go-to solution for Large group meetings (over 9 participants) and nearly all meetings with external participants. We often will use MS Teams for smaller meetings but we allows our users to chose based on personal preference.

Pros

I have used all of the video conferencing options on the Market and Zoom is the easiest to use while providing a consistent and stable experience for all.

Cons

The only feature that I see lacking in Zoom is the same tight integration with the Microsoft Stack that Teams has. With that said, it still integrates nicely with Outlook so it's easy to schedule meetings.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Zoom was the easiest to use product we could find, especially for any of our non-technical workforce.

Imi from NDT and Associate

Zoom is still good but has become a little bit more difficult to execute on task

There is not much to say. I simply say this - a few years ago people used to "skype" today it is only "Zoom"

Pros

Secured calling via zoom, password is set and has to be shared to guest. Participants will need to be allowed into meeting. This has raised the bar for this long standing winner. The app is simple to use - my staff gets it within minutes! It is a clear winner for video conferencing going forward. Having zoom on premise is ideal for my organization, this is one point that I see as a big plus for my organization with employees throughout many location. We are not bothered much by Internet bandwidth because of our local enterprise implementation.

Cons

As security concerns grows, the developers responded and administration and hosting functionalities became a bit more involved, sometime a bit annoying when you are looking for a function that once exist, but disappeared over the last few weeks because a security update.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Cost, Ease of use Support for low bandwidth location.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Cost Requirement such as ease of use And support for the video conferencing device name the OWL cam.

Robust and dependable conferencing platform for remote working

I usually conduct site inspections by going to the site, but due to the limitations arisen as a result of the pandemic I have to conduct these meetings and inspections virtually. The picture quality is top-notch and there is no lag especially in video. With a good internet connection, there is literally nothing we can't do as a remote team. Previously we were deploying Zoom as a conferencing tool for only international conferencing, or limited requirements, however now we are utilizing it for all of our meetings, video conferences and audio calls on a daily basis.

Pros

Zoom is one of the many software available for video conferencing, audio meetings as well as remote seminars. However one aspect where Zoom clearly is better than its counterparts is 'quality'. The connectivity for meetings initiated through Zoom is amazing, and so is the audio-video quality. I have tried several other applications including Teams and Meet, but Zoom provides a better experience. It is easy to share the screen, and present slides etc. seamlessly whilst delivering to a wide audience. There is also an option to record- that is quite useful if team members are unavailable to attend.

Cons

Integration was fairly quick and simple. However I feel that the app could be improved, as it is not as robust as using the software on the computer. Also, I would like the option of just joining through the web and not have to download the app. I tried this the first time, but couldn't join the meeting as a result of this confusion.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Cheaper option for short minutes (less than 40 minutes), recording option is better in Zoom.

Marilyn from Asia Pacific Career Development Association

Great Online Meetings, Great Price

The Chatbox provides a valuable written transcript of the comments. We also use the chatbox for Board voting so we know if there are differences of opinion that need to be discussed. Recording is easy, so we can review the discussion or allow people who missed the meeting to view it. We love the new Breakout Rooms, and Polls are great for maintaining interest.

Pros

We just pay for a simple "Pro" plan, but it allows our association to do what we need to do. Our webinars never have over 100 present, so the low-level plan is fine for us. All of our meetings are international, and we are really impressed with the global performance. We recently used a technician in Azerbaijan to display slides for presenters in India, Australia, and Canada and the presentation was seamless. We use "Gallery Mode" when meetings are small enough not to exceed bandwidth. But for more than 8, we need to turn off videos and use Speaker View. We are delighted that attendees can share their screen if they want to, and the delay is minimal. Controlling the videos and microphones of attendees is easy.

Cons

It takes time to learn to navigate the new features. It is time well-invested, because the new features are very helpful.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

The cost was significantly less. Our main concern was quality of connection internationally, and Zoom seemed better. I have no proof it is better, but we had fewer bandwidth problems after we switched.

Jennifer from Nordstrom

Zoom has allowed us to continue holding our meetings

I've been utilizing Zoom to talk and meet with my collaborators while we're isolated gathering. With the current pandemic, Zoom has become a practically day by day program that I abuse for both work gatherings and virtual meetups with companions. I truly like how you'll have various clients on straightforwardly. I'm prepared to speak with various video calls. I abuse them for chapel meeting week by week and that they are incredible.

Pros

I am exceptionally happy with this product so far. I abuse it for a course that I'm taking, additionally on meeting with clients. The experience is magnificent. I'm hearing impeded and that I am marking to everyone on Zoom video meetings. With Zoom, we will video visit with them likewise as screen share, it's helped us continue pushing ahead through the franticness.

Cons

It can get mistaking for some clients legitimately with talking and commotion. Regularly need to have clients quiet for better solid quality. fixing a substitution meeting on the iPad took a touch you-tubing, yet after we made sense of it, it had been simple.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

I found it a simpler alternative to use than several others we had in mind. Our team can use it without the need for a long learning process.

Do You Zoom?

The software has been essential to our business. We use the video and audio connection, the screen sharing, the white board, and the chat functions.

Pros

Who does not Zoom these days? Since COVID-19 quarantining and social distancing has kicked in, Zoom has been indispensable. I like the ease of use, the screen share functions, the quality, and the recent upgrade. UPGRADE: Being able to hold a zoom meeting or class for more that 40 minutes is essential for flow and productivity.

Cons

I have been less than impressed with the customer service. I know they must be overloaded since COVID-19 entered the scene, but I am frustrated with the loose ends of the customer service department. The wait time for a service rep to get back to you is upwards of two to three days. As a paying customer who has NO access to her zoom room, I believe I am being beyond patient with Zoom. I presently use my business partner's Zoom room unless she is in there first. Then I use a "free room" and deal with the 40 minute time limit for 3 or more students in my classroom.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

I was most familiar with Zoom. I own a tutoring center and I am a trainer for an International Health and Wellness Company. I have used the Zoom platform for years in my capacity as a trainer. When I needed to make the decision for an online classroom for my tutoring center, I naturally gravitated towards Zoom. I had many parents and friends who offered advice (unsolicited). In spite of contrary advice, I went with Zoom. Now, if they would just call me back and resolve my account issue, I would be much happier!

Doesn't deserve the bad press

Our organization is able to work around the world, thanks to Zoom. We couldn't do our jobs without it. Videoconferencing isn't a perfect replacement for in-person communication, but it's a lot better than just email or text. And lots of people are using it for non-business purposes these days and experiencing the benefits of video calls to replace social engagements, or just to facilitate conversations with people who are far away. The negative press is really unfortunate, because it's not the platform's fault - but the fault of malicious people using it in unintended ways. If Zoom wasn't so successful, it wouldn't be getting attention from people with evil intentions. We'll still use Zoom long after this has blown over, and are thankful for how it enables us to work efficiently even with a distributed team.

Pros

Zoom has gotten a lot of negative press lately, but it's only a victim of its own success. The platform is deserving of its reputation as the go-to videoconferencing software for business, and even personal use these days. It does exactly what its supposed to: handle great video meetings, with a simple built-in chat feature to enable communication between those on the call. It's no-frills approach makes it easy to focus on what you're there for - the other people on the call and facilitating information exchange between them.

Cons

The chat feature could be better in ways, for example you can't transfer files or react to messages, and when you have a lot of people on a call using the chat heavily, it can get overwhelming. But it works for what it is. You're supposed to be talking to people on video, not typing to them. Some features could be expanded, like more offerings for virtual backgrounds, but these aren't essential features. Zoom gets it right where it counts - handling video and audio super well even on calls with hundreds of people on them.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 8,541 reviews