All VSDC Video Editor Reviews

Alain Jove

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Pro Video Editing at its Best

Overall, this product is excellent as it brings professional video ideas come to life, and not to mention it is comparable to Hollywood video editors. I think the only difference is clearly the sophisticated filming tools being used to capture the videos

PROS

I was thrilled to learn the Chroma Key function as I'd like to remove the video background and replace it with another one. For me, this is like Photoshop picture background removal but the video version. In relation to that, the use of shooting green screen on the background is something we see on Hollywood movie shooting, which is basically what the software's technology is using. Not only this, but I like how smooth video transitions are, the overlapping of effects can even be done seamlessly, the speed can be easily adjusted for the slow motion or fast forward effect as long as the video framerate can handle it, and the text or logo watermarking. Also, I like how there's the video stabilization function as some of my raw videos are not so perfectly still, as well the crisp video support of HD resolution.

CONS

Although it is not a major thing but changes to the interface is a bit confusing especially when you're used to finding a particular function on a certain tab on the app already. Sometimes, it can be hard using timeline as it overlaps and it can be very overwhelming when there are a lot of elements and changes to track down. I remember having a similar problem with Shotcut in which text elements from one clip can overlap and bleeds thru the other especially when it has text effects applied to it. It is the same with VSDC. And of course it would be awesome to have a preview of the edited video before exporting it as it saves time, because exports for big files takes a bit of time.

Reason for choosing VSDC Video Editor

Wax 2.0 was already great but I had to switch to another video editor since the app got corrupted after installing the October 2018 Windows update.

Wulliams

Arts and Crafts, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2018

A software with which I have learned to edit videos.

PROS

In our work it is very important to manage video editing in order to immortalize our activities and cultural events. Based on this premise, I took the task of looking for a software for my team that would allow us to edit videos and adapt them to our demands, and that's how I got this software. To be honest, I learned to use this software thanks to tutorials and it was very easy to learn how to use it. Vsdc Video Editor, is a non-linear video editing software that has a good amount of tools, such as combining images and videos in a single editing thread, creating custom sequences and high quality. You can also add several layers, transparencies, place objects in the middle of the scene. In addition to this, Vsdc Video Editor has the ability to convert any video file, this feature is perhaps the most used in our work environment, since many of the videos that come to us to be included in the edition come in different formats, but the software quickly converts them into the format we want to use. This fabulous software is free and has helped me in my work to learn how to edit in a very easy and efficient way, increasing our production of audiovisual content.

CONS

It is a software that has served as my mentor for video editing, and every day I learn more about editing thanks to it, although I have observed other software with more tools and benefits than VSDC Video Editor , I would not change this software for anything because I think that with the options it offers and how easy it is to use, gives me more performance than other software with more editing tools but much more difficult to use. This for me is a solid enough argument that makes me recommend the software, I find no negative feature to mention in this software.

Marcos

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2018

A powerful video editing software

PROS

This editing software has all the features that most programs include. The user interface has many things to improve, but has another very interesting and useful, allows you to customize the work modules. VSDC also allows to import and export in a good variety of formats.

CONS

No doubt about it... the user interface looks obsolete and overwhelming... Yes you have the option to hide or rearrange the modules, but still is quite annoying! The other thing they should work on is previewing your edited video. Right now it launches Windows Movie Player with your preview on another window. It has a lot of details that made us not want to keep on using it, neither try the paid option.

Melanie

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Dynamic, affordable, worth the learning curve

Overall using VSDC has been a great experience and I keep going back to it again and again. It has its limits, which can be frustrating in the short term, but the overall package that VSDC Video Editor provides makes it a favorite. It is also a favorite of content creators online so finding answers to problems is easy.

PROS

I love that with this free product I can do high-level customizations of videos. I especially appreciate how thorough and precise the text-add feature is, as I do a lot of adding subtitles for my music. I'm always impressed at how much this free program can do. The online support is good with thousands of tutorials if you ever get stuck. I love how much control I have over my projects.

CONS

The menus are not necessarily intuitive. To be fair, this is a problem that media editing programs have as there is SO much you can do and SO much to cover. But I do find myself googling a lot to figure out how to do something, even if I've done it before. You really need to get familiar with this program to use it quickly.

Reason for choosing VSDC Video Editor

Veed.io charged a subscription fee or else added a watermark. VSDC is harder to use but I have more freedom and it's affordable.

Reasons for switching to VSDC Video Editor

Canva loaded videos far too slowly.

I. Adrian

Graphic Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2018

A software that introduces you to the world of video editing

VSDC is a software that although it is not professional enough is competent enough to perform video editing tasks, has a compendium of tools that make it quite accessible, in addition to recognizing that, unlike other video editors of the same size, this is easier to use and only in a couple of days of starting to use you can edit videos.

PROS

In my advertisements for wanting to learn how to edit videos, I started looking for software that would allow me to accomplish this goal and a friend recommended VSDC Free Video Editor to enter this world of video editing. This software may seem simple and very basic but it is not, although it is easy to use and has professional editing software features and tools. Unlike other software I've seen out there and that is for beginners, VSDC is a non-linear video editor, that is, I can edit a complete video, add images, lyrics, background music, remove unwanted tracks and other options from any minute of the video, without relying on a fixed and linear editing structure, this feature is very interesting and useful to edit videos to my liking and convenience, in short, you can customize the videos being edited. In addition to this it has excellent tools such as the mixing of several videos, the possibility of changing formats and the control of different transparent layers.

CONS

The software works only with 32-bit system, so you can not take full advantage of the potential of the pc to edit, besides this the software is sometimes a little confusing by the same style of interface that tends to be boring and a little devoid of creativity.

ERIC EMMANUEL SANTOS

Animation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

HAPPY VSDC VIDEO EDITOR USER

PROS

Easy to use, simple but superb interface, lots of features to choose from, pre-set template settings, hi-resolution output, lots of transitions effects to chose from, different output format compatible with almost all social media requirement.

CONS

None at all, all we need is all incorporated and available.

Kobie

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

VSDC is a full featured (free) or advanced (pro) Video editor you can grow with

Overall VSDC is a great full featured (free version) and great advanced (Pro subscription) video editor for those looking to start in video editing with the tools they can learn as they grow to more advanced stages. It is a remarkable video editor for either the free price or the pro price. For the cost of about 4 McDonalds meals per year, you can have a great video editor.

PROS

I liked the initial ease of use, and vast array of options such as being able to highlight text with custom colored boxes, circles, ovals etc.

CONS

To make most advanced adjustments there's no sliders. You have to know the equation for X, Y and Z axis and adjust the parameters by changing numbers with no visual scale or slider. I'm a visual person working with a visual focused (video) software so the decision to omit sliders is an odd one.

Reasons for switching to VSDC Video Editor

I made the switch because I found that VideoPad was too buggy. Either videos wouldn't render 100%, the software would randomly crash and the exporting took forever. The first time I used VSDC I was shocked at how fast it exported and although it can skip while previewing, it never crashed how VideoPad did.

Pragya

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

The Best Free Video Editing Software

Best Free nonlinear video editing software available right now. Every tool for beginner-friendly to intermediate video editing is available. It also supports screen capture and voice-overs. Text processing and rendering are fast. Works on almost all PCs.

PROS

1)It's a FREE video editing software that supports nonlinear video editing. You won't have to leave the application because the trial period is over nor you have to deal with a huge watermark that makes your videos ugly. 2)Screen Capture Function: Despite being free it offers a ton of features like screen capture, audio improvement, voice-over support, effects, and transitions that are generally not found even on paid software. 3)It supports all popular audio and video codecs. Unlike other free software, I didn't have to convert videos to a suitable format to import in this software. 4)Chroma Key: Yes, we can make green screen videos with this free software. 5)Lowest system requirements needed – It works even on outdated PCs!

CONS

1)For Professional tools like motion tracking, stabilization, and beat syncing we need to switch to VSDC Pro which is paid. 2)No Video Stabilization tool in VSDC. 3)Audio waveform and hardware acceleration features are not available in the free version.

GLOUYTH

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

The Video Record gets cracked

Overall i will give thumbs up for this app, i was using this on my video vlogging for a year and a half and this software is awesome. I will highly recommend this software to all.

PROS

I like it much because its user friendly and easy to understand even without knowledge in video editing specially those who just started their vlogging

CONS

Recently, its been 3 days now, whenever i do a screen record, when i tried to play it the record is always cracked and i need to do it over and over again until it wont crack. Its hassle in my part and i dont want to change another software because this one is easy to use. I hope this issues will be resolved.

Djordje

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Great for (serious) beginners

The longer I work in VSDC, the more satisfied I am. I learned how to go around some quirks and hot to get most of it.

PROS

I am not a professional in this field, so for me, the best thing is that I was able, reasonably fast, to grasp the concept, and to start using the software. Later, as my understanding of the video production was growing, I did recover more zip and trick on how to use VSDC

CONS

The free version is somewhat limited, but the limitations are not well explained. The Pro version is top.

Reasons for switching to VSDC Video Editor

Did not meet my expectations.

Kyle

Retail, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2022

Awesome software!

Absolutely love this software, I would highly recommend it.

PROS

I loved that there are so many features that come with the free software, as well as many ways to tweak things further with the Pro version. Also loved that there are so many help videos online!

CONS

I wish the software was not a subscription model. I would prefer to outright purchase the software and maybe have it include a couple updates only, rather than be locked in to a constant subscription if I want to keep using the Pro version.

Reasons for switching to VSDC Video Editor

Movavi is very "clunky" and just doesn't seem professional. VSDC does.

Masood

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Compatibility and comprehensive use of VSDC Video Editor

My overall experience is quite satisfactory. I am very happy to use it because it saves my time and helps to increase the quality of my work. I have no issue and can use its all features. I sometimes feel that I am unable to use its all compatible features and functions. I would like to keep it and try to use it in future. I would love to recommend this software.

PROS

It saves time and easy handling with respect to trimming and splitting of the video. If I do any mistakes I can restart my editing and get finally finish the quality. It supports all types of videos and photos.

CONS

Overall its functions are very good and excellent, however, it needs some improvement. For example, it needs to add some Poll-type features with its Title card. It will enhance its user ability and capability.

Reasons for switching to VSDC Video Editor

Because it was not convenient and offer excellent quality. VSDC is excellent and easy to use and handle. There is no issue while using this software. I would like to recommend it to all.

Kris

Computer Games, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Powerful, yet easy to use

I've been able to create high quality videos for inclusion in the video games my company produces thanks to VSDC, and don't have any plans to switch to another video editor anytime soon.

PROS

VSDC combines an intuitive interface with powerful features designed to allow the end user to create remarkable videos, complete with animations and even includes professional Hollywood type features such as chroma-keying, more commonly referred to as the "green screen" effect. The program does a great job of combining powerful video editing features with easy of use, and really helps to streamline the entire multimedia editing and production process.

CONS

Earlier versions of VSDC seemed a have a few software bugs here and there when performing certain features, however, these wrinkles seemed to have been ironed out in the most recent releases.

Kultida

Translation and Localization, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Create videos like a Pro.

It helps me to get my voice over, subtitling, animation and editing jobs done like a Pro. The renewed price is great to compare to other similar softwares.

PROS

The team often release many features and a free upgrade for Pro. members. I can take out the green background and put any background on my videos. Animation features are great. I can create my videos like a Pro with a tiny annual fee.

CONS

Sometimes, the team change the look of the software after upgrading. I am kind of lose my way around.

Reasons for switching to VSDC Video Editor

They don't have all features that I want.

Prabin

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

vsdc is best video editor

It's the amazing journey with vsdc . I used it daily to edit the youtube videos.

PROS

speed adjustment, voice adjustment and cutting and splitting are easy to use features in vsdc.

CONS

Video quality is quite low so it should be improved in further days.

Aditya

Computer Software, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2022

Best video editor for low end pc

It helped me become a freelancer, the videos i make for people definitely gets viewed and their business become popular, i hope they keep adding more features like this.

PROS

The features that this video editor gives in the free version is too good to be true, it has all of those features that you want even in pro version it gives extra extra features for your professional video.

CONS

Video playback and stabilization is kind of bad on low end pcs especially for those who have single or dual core processors adding support for low end pc would be kind

Reasons for switching to VSDC Video Editor

The features videopad have was awfully low and that just couldn't keep up with me after days of searching i found out VSDC and I'm definitely planning to stay here for a while

Gary

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Great Stress Free Video Production & Editing

PROS

The ease of use and greenscreen capability

CONS

Nothing to complain about. I find no negative aspects of the software.

501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2022

Fixed what i struggled with some high end softwares

Overall, VSDC works great both in the free and Pro version. You have a feel of familiar UI as the tabs are similar to many other programs such MS office.

PROS

At as low as $19 for the Pro Version which I probably didn’t have an immediate need for, VSDC made a case for that spend. Mainly because of the ability to fix jittering videos which I was having a problem with when using some other softwares. I desperately was looking for a quick solution and a friend recommended it. It worked! VSDC hardware acceleration is very intuitive and works with low specs computers which I quite often use.

CONS

It would be good to have the ripple delete or fill gaps function. It would save some video editing time. Of course the cut out fragment function but does not come close to ripple delete function.

1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

VSDC Regular Usage Review

My Overall VSDC experience was not really that well.

PROS

I like this software's various features and its abilities.

CONS

I dislike this software's features; the accessibility and the useability of the features.

nilusha