All StoryXpress Reviews

Adrian

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Great for quick video

Been a great experience so far, I use it mainly to create quick personalised videos for prospects/clients. Simple to start from the browser extension, quick to save and be available to share the link. I have customised it to have brand colours, a logo that links to my booking page.

PROS

This software is great for doing quick videos that can be quickly shared - think Loom - with your own branding, a link on the customisable player that can include your logo with a link to a booking page or whatever suits your need. Also has the ability to add CTA's, forms, trim the video, create playlists and much more. Quick and simple to use from the browser extension allowing sharing with or without webcam, create the video then share the link.

CONS

So far I haven't found any issues that have been a problem.

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

A fully immersive brand experience

Fantastic! It was one of my best purchases on appsumo and I'm thrilled to be a user and fan.

PROS

For a brand strategist, StoryXpress is the ultimate win for me. I'm able to provide a cohesive look/feel for my clients through the customized video landing pages. I can easily share my thoughts, my screen, my work with less back and forth than ever before.

CONS

I wish there was an easier way to use the tools while recording. Sometimes I feel like I click on draw, then have to remember to go back in to click through cursor. It would be great if there was an easier way to "x" out of a feature while recording live.

Reason for choosing StoryXpress

Great special on AppSumo!

Reasons for switching to StoryXpress

The ability to host unlimited videos, customized video landing pages, and a full brand experience with analytics.

Brandon

Almost.

When it works it's good. If it's a tool you want to rely on or build business processes around (as the price would suggest) it's hard to justify.

PROS

The chrome extension (when it works) is quick and the the uploads are fast.

CONS

It was advertised with features (no branding/blurring etc.) that don't exist and it is often quite buggy. The customer care team have acknowledged both inconsistencies without doing anything about it. Hard to trust.

More alleged features

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed July 2020

Needed a quick screen recorder, especially for describing technical issues

Have used it several times to show tech support what I need to show them instead of having to type it out. I work with many vendors and software companies as an entrepreneur so being able to express my problem through video that's immediately shareable is invaluable and saves me SO much time. Overall a very positive experience. It's not something I need every day, but when I need it, it does the job better than anything I've used.

PROS

Incredibly easy and fast to use. You click a button, it's recording, when you're finished, it gives you a shareable link right away. No waiting. No messing with settings or rendering to a local file or having to upload. It's just done and you can move on with your day. Also like the ability to draw or text on the screen while recording though I haven't used that yet, but I know it's possible.

CONS

Want to be able to select an area of the screen to record, but it doesn't do that. Would like to be able to set defaults instead of having to select the options I want every time. Like when I activate it, it'd be nice if it was already set to Audio Off and Screen Only. Doesn't lower my score, it's just a "would be nice" feature.

Reason for choosing StoryXpress

Found out Snagit doesn't actually record video, only screen shots. It was a big let down.

Reasons for switching to StoryXpress

Camtasia is an amazing product that I still use, but it has no function to do quick recordings. In Camtasia, you record the screen, produce the video, render it, upload it, finally get the link, then share the link. In StoryXpress, you record, stop recording, share the link. It doesn't get any simpler than that!

Noud

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Feature rich and easy to use!

Quick videos to customers to help walk them through their online platform and explain features in detail for future reference.

PROS

The ease of use and add our own branding to the videos

CONS

We like the software! We did not find anything that needs improving.

Reason for choosing StoryXpress

The overall quality, more features, basically everything we are looking for in a video app.

Reasons for switching to StoryXpress

Price, branding, ease of use

Sally

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Intuitive & packed with features.

At the moment, I'm mainly using StoryXpress for training videos. I plan to use it for copy critiques and presentations in the future though.

PROS

I like the fact I can brand and track videos. I haven't had the chance to make the most of this functionality yet, but I have plenty of use-cases in mind for it.

CONS

Sometimes it's hard to get out of the 'face only intro' to go straight to the screen. But that's probably user-error!

Reasons for switching to StoryXpress

AppSumo deal. StoryXpress provided more personalisation options.

Justin

Reviewed July 2020

Best video recording software I've used

I use this for almost all of my proposals now and it has been a game changer!

PROS

Not only has this product worked without flaws since I got it, but also the team has been incredibly responsive and fast when it comes to implementing new ideas into the interface.

CONS

The email integration for Gmail (via Chrome) can be a bit buggy at times, but still fully functional.

Reasons for switching to StoryXpress

Bought a lifetime deal on AppSumo and was WAY better value.

Danyel

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Simple to use with loads of features

PROS

The ease of use is definitely one of the best features of this product. Within minutes, you can start recording your screen with a professional-looking webcam overlay. The in-recording options to draw, erase, and highlight are incredibly effective.

CONS

No technical issues so far, some of the in-recording features are slow to get to without hotkeys. It would be nice to pre-record/test-run before a final recording as the time spent selecting tools, erasing, etc. without hotkeys will need to be edited.

Reasons for switching to StoryXpress

Chrome plugin feature and integrated webcam overlay

Maksym

Nice alternative for Loom

Nice tool to use for quick video recording, tutorials, sharing with team I like possibility to re upload the video if errors happaned during the uploading

PROS

Purchased it on Appsumo as a lifetime deal - fast speed of uploading video - nice functionality of branding etc - CTA and passworf functionality

CONS

- support was very slow - somethimes video is not uploading - I had hard time to add new videos to existent Folders

Lifetime deal

Appsumo LTD

Pedro

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed September 2020

My Loom alternative

PROS

As a marketer who does a lot of cold-outreach, using StoryXpress is a great way to remove the "cold" out of the equation. What I do is that I typically record myself on camera with my client's website as a background and I do a typical sandwich recording... Where I say something good about their website, followed by something I can do for them, followed by another cool thing about their website. And what I love about the software is that I can share a direct link for my recording... And people will see my recording on a page where I can edit the page to look more about my brand. Going through this effort really pays out. And people typically comment on how great it looks. I understand people use this tool in different ways. And it's the tool versatility that I love the most because it offers a lot of different ways to use it.

CONS

It happened a few times that after I made a video, especially when it is a bigger one... That after I finish recording it, the video is gone. And it's not on the videos list. And I end up having to record everything again. This, so far, is the only really bad thing I can see on the software.

Reviewed July 2020

Good purchase from AppSumo, but new features are adding up for $$$

I like it. Loom was slacking on some things and StoryXpress had extra features. The Appsumo deal is what sold me.

PROS

I like the ability to make a custom page and player .

CONS

They said they would allow you to upload videos, but that feature costs extra.

Reasons for switching to StoryXpress

Loom was not working for a little and I needed to make videos asap.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Story Xpress is My Loom Alternative, Love it

Overall I Love Story Xpress and look forward to new features by the Team

PROS

I really enjoy Story Xpress as my goto Loom alternative, it is really simple to use and I like that i can see all my recorded videos in a simple to view dashboard.

CONS

sometimes the chrome extension does not record the video (small hiccups ) does not happen often but it has happened. a few times

Ease of use and cheaper

Reasons for switching to StoryXpress

cheaper and easier to use

Selle

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

I LOVE this chrome Plugin!!

It's been great and easy to use

PROS

I use this to quickly make tutorials for my contractors. It has made my life so much EASIER! I can go back and reference those videos multiple times instead of explaining things over and over. I can also put a CTA button at the end in case they still don't understand and need to book a meeting with me.

CONS

I don't know of any - everything has worked great and they continue to improve features.

Ganesh

Reviewed May 2020

Excellent software and the LTD was worth it

Loved it. No doubts about it.

PROS

Very easy to record and store. The best part is I can allow three team members to use the software in their desktop. So it is worth it. Every penny is worth it. Customer support is excellent. They respond immediately which is most important. They give me proper timeline if the glitch needs time to be fulfilled.

CONS

One negative aspect is I can't edit the video in the platform itself. But it seems the team is working on this feature . Editing is very much essential.

Reason for choosing StoryXpress

I found good deal in appsumo

Richard

Education Management, 2-10 employees

A very useful tool

Excellent to be honest, never had any issue.

PROS

The ease of use. Simply install the plugin and then press it and you're ready to record. Not only that, you have a lot of editing tools right in the cloud to enhance your video - add call to action buttons, customise the pages and more.

CONS

It would be great if you could have a little bit more control over editing - that is if you made a mistake 2 mins into the recording you could edit it - right now you can only edit the beginning and the end. Although in fairness this is for creating quick videos.

Reasons for switching to StoryXpress

A great price and a lot of potential

Jun Wei

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

It just works!

Due to covid-19, many of my lessons have been moved online. I manage to record a lot of the online lessons, which benefit both current and future students. Love it.

PROS

It just works. As it should. Stability has increased greatly over the past many months. Support is responsive, but of course, one should wait till it is their working hours.

CONS

After 1+ years of using, nothing. All very good.

Nicolas

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Very nice communication tool

It's very convenient for customer support and sales

PROS

Quick video creation from Chrome, possibility to add CTAs to videos, analytics

CONS

Still a bit green, but the publisher is obviously working hard to follow the roadmap

Tevin

Reviewed August 2020

A tool you cannot dismiss

Good

PROS

Easy to use Customisable to some extent Great Value For Money

CONS

Overall it is really good. There a few settings I've not master yet but I guess, that is for me to sort out.