Browse AVS Video Editor Reviews

Imi from NDT

I bought this for my school in 2014 with no experience and still making my video here.

I am happy with this, the design is straight forward and allow me to get in and out quickly.

Pros

This is a low budget, easy to learn and use software package for non professional who wish to create a few small project in a timely fashion. It does not have a load of complication. It get the job done with a clean design. It shouldn't be so difficult for anyone to look in a mic and recognize where the source of sound will be coming from. Import your footage and you can add music and noted with text and some built in lower thirds. The two view modes - timeline and storyboard views - are very easy to get use too. I love the story line, allowing for the little space to drop cool built some transition. This is a simple full package editor!

Cons

Lower thirds are quite not so impressive, but you can build your own. I purchased the package with all the software at reduced unlimited lifetime price so no complaints here. It does take a load of computing resource to product larger video. So please take note that a good GPU will make your workflow easier as compared to my low end i5core with 16GB Ram.

Glenn from Tabernacle United Methodist Church

Works For Me

I have found what works for me. I use it weekly to produce a single video project that is fairly similar from week-to-week. I have rarely explored features in the software beyond what I need to sucessfully complete my project. To keep it simple: It serves its purpose.

Pros

Images and Text are very easy to overlay in a video. This is the core reason I use this product. Nothing too fancy or complicated.

Cons

As with all video software, there is a sizeable "learning curve" that is helped by spending a lot of time, trial-and-error, and consulting Technical Support. But the learning curve is less than some other software that I have tried to use.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Please review my previous answer under "Why did you make the switch?"

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

I switched from AVS to CyberLink but switched back due to 1) familiarity and 2) cost. The cost was a minor reason. I simply could not duplicate in CyberLink what I know I could acheive with AVS so I switched back.

Rainer from Pioneer GmbH

Editieren von Video Dateien

Finde es passt so

Pros

Einfachheit von wo bis wohin Auswahlmenues

Cons

Bei den SW Tools, die mp3 oder mp4 bearbeiten, wünschte ich mir, dass es bei der Finalisierung viel schneller geht. Ich denke, es ist nicht notwendig, die gesamte Datei nochmals zu konvertieren. Wünschbar ist dieses Feature vor allem, wenn man eine Datei nur zurecht stutzen will

Preis und Handling

Response from Online Media Technologies

Replied November 2021

Hello Rainer, We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with AVS4YOU. We recommend that you contact AVS4YOU at https://support.avs4you.com/Support.aspx for more clarifications. If you also face some technical issue, please also describe them in detail in our support system. We do appreciate your patience and cooperation!

Eric from Eric Chatelain Photography

Industry: Photography

Le montage vidéo sans prise de tête

J'ai utilisé quotidiennement AVS Video Editor durant les 2 mois de mon road-trip à travers la France, L'Espagne et le Portugal, pour créer mon carnet de voyage. Au total, j'ai produit une cinquantaine de petits films mêlant des vidéos et des photos faites avec un portable, un drone et un boîtier professionnel pour un total d'environ 2h50 (durée de 1'50" à 12'45"). Excellent produit, peu de fonctions très élaborées (par rapport à des produits concurrents mais valant 10x plus cher), mais largement suffisantes pour se faire plaisir au final.

Pros

Simple, facile à utiliser, efficace. Fonctions de montage peu nombreuses mais suffisantes.

Cons

Parfois quelques bugs lors de la création des films, notamment lorsqu'il y a un mélange de vidéos et de photos, ou lors de l'insertion de titres, mais heureusement le service client est très réactif et efficace pour proposer les réglages les plus appropriés.

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

Après avoir testé Adobe Premiere Pro gratuitement pendant quelques jours, je suis revenu à AVS Video Editor car je trouvais trop compliqué à l'utiliser par rapport à mes besoins.

Stephanie from CCBS

December 2021

Great Video editing and manipulation in a small package but with BIG features!

It's a great mid-tier editor, which doesn't soak you for hundreds of dollars while still providing great features.

Pros

The feature that was most impactful for me, was the editing features and the media library options. I use these tools to edit out, a video that isn't focused or has a situation in it that the Corporation can't use for the whole company.

Cons

I wish there were more available items to cover up, add to, and an easier "flattening" of tiers when using multiple tiers to edit videos.

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

mostly, the price of Camtasia is exorbitant for the time I used it. AVS was well priced and gave me the main features I was using in Camtasia at 1/3 the price.

Joseph from The Folk Project

Perfect for the price!

(0% of the time, the program does its job, but on occasion, I must restart a conversion due to failure.

Pros

Using the program is simplicity itself. When working on multiple video projects, ease of use is essential.

Cons

There are too many formats from which to choose. It gets very confusing to know which is the perfect one for any given application.

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

I needed something to make transitions from large files to something that fits the media platform to which it would be sent.

Mike from The Children's Home of Lubbocj

December 2021

Inexpensive, yet easy to use for a quality product.

I have used AVS Video Editor to make several training videos that are used to help my employees preform their job duties more efficiently. It has been a welcome asset to my computer library.

Pros

I like AVS Video Editor because of the simplicity of making seamless videos from a variety of formats into one cohesive video.

Cons

I like being able to caption videos, but I have trouble always figuring out how to save them in a way that the captioning is a part of the video. This is more a user issue than a program issue.

Unlimited subscription!

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

I like the price and versatility of AVS programs.

Avis-Marie from Bitter Bird Webs

Use this product for over 10 years

You get so much more bang for your buck with this particular program. There are others that are out there that come with other hardware that I have purchased and none of them have half of the choices and things you can do with it unless you buy them a lacarte which makes them very expensive and very limiting. With this video editor your possibilities are limitless.

Pros

This product is easy to use, it just keeps getting better with each update I have a lifetime use of this product and every time that I use it I find something new and exciting. It has a lot of choices to make your video exciting and many choices in order to accommodate the customers I serve

Cons

When I find something I’ll let you know.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Pricing, choices in editing, versatility, and other software that went with it. It was practically a no brainer

Arnold from The ALFAgroup

Fantastic product

It provides simplicity and yet it is a power tool for editing.

Pros

The full spectrum of features make editing productive and precise. All AVS products focus on the key functions I need, without the overly complicated alternatives.

Cons

None come to mind. All AVS products are outstanding. An example is ripping my previously authored Blu-Ray discs. Every other product I (bought and) tried only delivered partial video files. I am very happy that AVS gave it all.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Cost vs. Capability. It is easier to use and still provides the features I need.

William from CCS Productions

December 2021

AVS4You really is for YOU!

I have made many videos for authors, promoting their books. I have used AVS for corporate videos, ads and for personal enjoyment. I did a demo reel for several actors, importing VHS footage, Super 8mm, and digital for use in their promotions.

Pros

I've been using AVS video and audio editors for more than 6years, almost since they came online. At first, coming from using Media 100, Premiere and FCP, I was skeptical. I figured that, for the price, it would at least be a good previewer or dailies editor. Instead, I found the best tool for the prosumer market in video editing. I have purchased many licenses, mainly because I would out-grow a particular PC. At one point I had a desktop and two laptops running AVS! I also have assisted friends and colleagues with the program, and have added at least ten more enthusiastic users of AVS over the years. I love how AVS has added more support for capture, effects and other features.

Cons

The licensing model is a bit restrictive, for moving from PC to PC, but the low price justifies the expense for my business.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

AVS is the best value and feature-rich product for users in my niche.

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

Almost the same features, and less cost. WAY less cost!

Matyas from Education Management

My review about the software

Overall, I am very pleased with AVS. I purchased a lifetime version of it and I have been using it on a weekly basis. I had an issue with the serial number that got resolved really quick - a nod to the customer service. It is very easy to create videos with nice effects, the software is not CPU or memory consuming and is ideal for beginner editors as well as for advanced users. It would be really nice to have multicam syncing for B-rolls, support for Linux and the possibility to export a file in 60fps.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to use the software. It is great, if you would like to edit some footages, use on screen video comments with chroma key, make some slide shows and so on. It is really versatile and has a lot of options when it comes to transitions and other effects such as filters and color correction. I have been editing videos with AVS for the past 5 years or so and I never really encountered a problem. It really has all the functions and tools you need to have and it is very easy to use. Also, it is very CPU and memory-friendly, so one doesn´t have to have a high and PC to use it.

Cons

My biggest issue with AVS is that it doesn´t allow to edit in B-rolls, I mean multicam footages. There is a workaround, but AVS doesn´t sync videos together. The software gives one the possibility to use multiple audio tracks, but it is not possible to add another main video, just a secondary one. I would really love to be able to have multicam video footage syncing, because I make music videos as well, whereas I use multiple angles. Other than that, I am a satisfied user.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Well, to be honest, mainly because I bought the whole bundle of the programs it offers. I really like the converter tools and the ability to extract audio with a single click. I use the document converter on a daily basis. As for the videos, I use DaVinci for syncing up and editing multicam angles, but I usually do the editing, voice overs and such with AVS, because of its ease of use.

Dwight from Web Wide Services

Great Value for Home or Small Business Use

I have used this software to create DVDs of video taken at piano recitals. Piano students have recitals twice a year. I video each student as they play and create a DVD that combines all performances. The DVD is then distributed to parents. The ability to use transition effects and a disc menu are important in this application. I also use it for home video projects such as graduations, family gatherings and vacation videos.

Pros

Ability to select the video source from imported media files, web cam or screen capture. Project files can be video, images or audio files. A nice and useful feature is the ability to add an editable color overlay to the project. The color is selected from a pallet. The size and orientation of the color patch is adjustable. This feature can be used to obscure a portion of the video. There is a provision for creating samples that can be used across video projects. The options for creating samples is the same as for creating the main media components. The project can be built using a timeline or a storyboard. The audio effects can be adjusted. Options include noise removal, equalization, compression and pitch shifting. Likewise, video and images can be color corrected by adjusting brightness, temperature, contrast, saturation, gamma and hue. A large number of transition effects are included that are used to move from one visual component to the next. It is very easy to trim a component video so that only the section of interest is included in the final production. The speed of the component video can be changed also. There is an assortment of text effects and samples to choose from. These can be used as overlays or to add titles to sections of the video. Voice recording is available so that commentaries can be added. A disc menu can be created to make it easy to jump to any section of the final video. I used this feature when I created a video of piano students performing a

Cons

When a media file is added to the media library, a thumbnail image is displayed along with the media file name. Usually the thumbnail image is of a frame from the media file itself. I have noticed that sometimes, an image from a previously used media file is displayed instead. This can lead to an awkward situation depending on the content of the media file the frame is taken from. The selection of styles available for the disc menu is limited. It would be useful if more styles were available for each topic. It would be ideal if some sort of editor were available so that one could create a style from scratch. The storyboard interface is not very intuitive. It may be useful for the construction of very simple video projects where the transition from one video component to another is important.

George from Lasallian Resource Center

The best of the bunch

AVS Video Editor - along with other AVS products - are my go-to option for all of my current video projects. The ease-of-use and versatility are the primary reasons for using it exclusively. I have not looked for alternative programs because I don't need to. I'm very happy with this one. It does just what it needs to do, and it does it well.

Pros

The user-focused nature of the interface and support videos. It has a semi-intuitive interface that is quickly learned. Watch a couple of videos, and you're ready to create simple videos. The primary features of other major video editors (Adobe Premiere, etc.) are done just as easily, without the bulk or price of the others. If I would like to add a new component, it is very likely that a short video exists that will teach it to me in a very short time. Both the drag-and-drop features and the integration with other AVS programs makes it a seamless experience.

Cons

1) The text options are limited, especially if I want to make some simple titles. It is possible, but I have to take one of the text options and rework it so that it is more simple and direct. Too many fancy options, or silly ones, that I would never use. 2) When editing a video, the "play arrow" moves to the right until the end of the window, after which there is a sort of page turn to the next section. It would be nice if the "play arrow" stayed in the middle and the video moved behind it, so that I can add components - such as overlay images - that occur in the center of the screen, instead of constantly manipulating the video stream so that my work area is right in front at the center. 3) When the reference files are moved to a different folder, the AVS program can't find them (fair enough). I haven't found a way to relink them to the same files at a different location.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Ease of use, versatility, and price.

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

Adobe was too bulky with options, too hard to learn quickly, and too pricey.

Robert from CioxHealth

Very Powerful Editor

I like the editor because it allows me to crop and resize while keeping the aspect ratio, it does not add additional artifact to the output file and using it with AVS Video converter make it a seamless transition

Pros

Easy to use, and fast on rendering (if you have a good cpu)

Cons

The features are good but lack support for 3rd party hardware. What I mean I have the Nvidia 1050 TI which has cuda and hardware acceleration built in but currently this version does not take advantage of this, or it just does not work on my current installation. Secondly it does not fully support DVD compliant output, as it is more leaning toward MP4 and H.264/265, because most of the things I do are in broadcast format MPEG-2, If I edit in this software I can only export to MP4 or h.264/265 and then use another program to convert to MPEG-2 which adds more time to my project and the quality suffers because I and using multiple compressions

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Well I have the AVS Video Converter so it was a no brainier to go with a product that integrates with your current software

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

I made the switch because the software I used was good but always have audio video sync issue especially Pinnacle Studio. The software was getting old and some barely function under Windows 10, AVS application work well under Windows 10 and the software is update on a regular schedule, which means i have better support and piece of mind that the software will be around in the future, Secondly Pinnacle Studio started removing support for 3rd party hardware capture card, even though AVS Video recorder has been discontinued, I still have a copy of the program and it still work with my Hauppauge HVR-1800/1850 cards right out of the box.

Brett from Gold Star Photo Solutions

Product is Good - Support is Great

I need to create both personal and professional projects and the software has met all my requirements in terms of effects and producing the finished product.

Pros

AVS Video editor offers many features found in more expensive software. It is intuitive and easy to use. In fact, I spent about an hour teaching my teenage daughter the ins and outs of the software. She understood it and was quickly able to adopt the platform and create her first product. When I had issues with the latest version now playing nice with the latest version of Windows, the support was amazing for a product I purchased one time...years ago. I like there whole suite of products.

Cons

Despite having adequate memory and processor speed on my computer(s) (I have had the editor software on a few different computers over the years), it Editor software seems to require extra compute resources. Not just during the expected "Produce" process, but when layering aspects of your project. This is where patience come in and the reminder that this software is doing amazing things not (easily or affordably) possible by the consumer a dozen years ago. I also wish some of the default font templets were more basic. While everything is customizable, it takes extra time to take a "fancy" template and simplify it for my "basic" needs.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

I like Adobe products, but there can be a steep learning curve and the Adobe cost (now subscription) can be price prohibitive for my occasional video editing needs.

Pauline from Muscatine Toastmasters

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to use, great results

I used it for several years to process the video recordings from a church service and create DVDs for use in nursing homes (so shut-ins could see the service), editing as necessary to keep the total time within one hour. Now I use it for a Toastmasters club, to extract speeches and evaluations from the video recording, and make them available for people (on YouTube, with link from our club website) to see what we do in our meetings or for members to see their own performance to as to improve.

Pros

I have no background in doing any kind of video editing, but it is easy, using this software, for me to extract the clips I want from a file, edit out a short segment where needed, and create a file that can be either burned to a DVD or uploaded on YouTube. I also like not having to keep paying for a new license when a new release comes out, just download and install.

Cons

I find it difficult to figure out what features are available that I don't typically use. For instance, I wanted to try to improve the sound quality when the meeting took place in a very echo-y room. I finally figured out that the online help referred to a newer version of the software, and downloaded and installed that, but still had trouble figuring it out. The sound quality is still not what we would like, but considering the low cost of the software, and it does as well as it does, I can't really complain.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

I had heard about it from the person who was already doing the same work for the church, and since it worked well for her, I wanted to use the same product.

Carey from Home Use

When looking for Audio-Visual software, look here

For home use only so can't speak to a business related experience, however for personnel use, creating video's for social media is a breeze. It makes merging or combining short clips from the same topic very easy and provides an end product that looks impressive. The ease of being able to take VHS tape videos and clean them up and save them in a digital format was a great find especially using a software as powerful as the AVS Video editor.

Pros

I have a significant amount of old records, cassette tapes, VHS tapes as well as comprehensive music library. AVS has the individual software programs for all my needs and has especially been instrumental in digitizing my older media. Big benefits include being able to convert files to a common file structure, to "normalize" volumes across the library as well as improving quality of the recordings, both audio as well as video. The ease of splitting, cropping, producing in a choice of file formats, adding transitions, additional audio tracks, are but a few of the beneficial options of using this software.

Cons

I found the audio/visual synchronization when digitizing VHS tapes to be a little off from time to time. Not sure if it was the software or the hardware converters being used, other then that I have no complaints about any of the software programs.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

I have been using AVS for around 10 years, occasionally look at other products but when test driving them they don't stand up to the quality to price ratio, AVS is by far the better product.

Ricard from L'obrador d'imatge

Industry: Performing Arts

Demasiado casero

Como creativo, la tengo como una herramienta imprescindible

Pros

Es facil de usar si empezaste con moviemaker, tengo varios programas de la marcay tienen un interfaz muy asequible.

Cons

Demasiado dirigido al usuario no profesional con aplicaciones decorativas que un profesional ya crea por si solo. Yo no necesito caratulas prefabricadas, sino herramientas para hacer las mias.

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

Por la economia y facilidad de uso

Corbin from Corbin's Computers

Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to use. It works!

I use it to advertise my business with logo videos. Wish I could upload one of my videos now. Plus personal use for for family videos. Its been a great experience.

Pros

I like that it's easy to use, it has guides and tips to help you, I do believe it has web videos you can watch to learn, I like you can add your own music or voice. The different transitions are neat and useful as well as the video effects, you can capture video from your screen. It works. I bought the AVS4You unlimited, it came with 11 multimedia tools, lifetime!

Cons

every once in awhile it will freeze up, but that could be my computer to.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

The price was better with AVS4YOU and it gave me a free trial. And I liked it. It worked. And all the options with the unlimited was great. I've been using it for like 3 or 4 years, maybe longer.

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

The price was better with AVS4YOU and it gave me a free trial. And I liked it. It worked. I've been using it for like 3 or 4 years, maybe longer.

Carey from Immanuel Lutheran School

Use this product weekly

Pros

I like that I can use several media in my presentation. The software has accepted every form of media I’ve used. I can pinpoint the exact point in my video to insert a title or photo.

Cons

It may be the computer I’m working with, but I’d love a faster production of my projects. As I’ve gotten more creative & am using different media, my productions have gotten longer & more complicated. My most recent upload was almost 2 gb. It took over an hour to produce an mp4 video.

Gene from Texas Alliance for Retired Americans

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Videos for Starters

I'm reaching out to our 143,000 Texas members with live-action videos!

Pros

AVS4YOU software is still revealing itself to me. Every time I come up with a problem or a way of doing things that I haven't done before, I find that the software has already anticipated it and has a way to find it. At first, i was extremely cautious about making videos, but I soon found out that one has only to remember that there are both a left and a right click on the mouse to discover what one needs. After six months, I'm still learning what I can do and what works, but I never have to wait on AVS4YOU.

Cons

When I am reviewing before publishing, I often lose video. I can still tell where I am because the audio continues.

I asked experts.

Needed versatility.

Michael from Club service

Fast & Flexible

Makes videos that are perfect quality to be projected onto large screens for business and for musical concerts.

Pros

Very easy to use to make fast changes to videos, editing out or inserting new blocks or transitions. Help from AVS not needed, there is sufficient online help. It's a product for life, I have been using since 2009.

Cons

Occassionally crashes for no apparent reason. Reloading with same files will work correctly.

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

Very hard to use and unreliable with big files.

Simon from Université de La Rochelle

Parfait pour un usage personnel

Globalement, AVS Video Editor est parfait pour les particuliers qui souhaitent monter des vidéos familiales, créer du contenu à destination des réseaux sociaux ou encore réaliser des présentations. Je ne peux que le recommander dans ces cas d'utilisation.

Pros

AVS Video Editor m'a accompagné pendant plusieurs années pour monter des vidéos et les publier sur YouTube sans quitter le logiciel. Sa simplicité d'utilisation permet d'appréhender le logiciel en quelques heures d'utilisation. De plus, si vous êtes tatillon sur le rendu et l'export de la vidéo finale, de nombreux formats et codecs s'offrent à vous, afin de produire un contenu adapté à la plateforme qui va l'accueillir.

Cons

Bien qu'AVS Video Editor remplisse pleinement sa mission de logiciel grand public, il faut comprendre qu'il ne conviendra pas à tous types d'utilisateurs. Les utilisateurs plus avancés préfèreront se tourner vers les logiciels de la suite Adobe, par exemple, pour un workflow professionnel.

Paul from Feagan.com

Industry: Writing and Editing

A good value video editor

I found it easy to create a video projuect. Import videos in varius formats and combine them.

Pros

AVS has enough features for most people. It's easy to use and the output quality is good.

Cons

I sometimes get confused when 'producing' the final project. So many output options and I'd just like to be offered file formats and quality options.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

I installed a trial of Pinnacle and it couldn't import some video formats.

Jeean-Jacques from Jean-Jacques Boitard - JJB.ORG

Industry: Performing Arts

Un très bon produit mais ....

Un produit que je recommanderais particulière avec un bémol qui pourrait avoir des conséquences sur la promotion du produit - En ce qui me concerne , impossibilité de trouver une compréhension pour la réactivation des logiciels après des problèmes d'ordinateurs (ce qui ne va pas s'arranger avec Windows 11 !) refaire payer l'abonnement définitif à chaque réinstallation (ce que j'ai fait plusieurs fois avec perte de messagerie etc...!) me pose question... Je viens de refaire face à une réinstallation complète et j'ai du me rabattre sur un autre logiciel mes adresses mél : jeanjacques.boitard@wanadoo.fr (coupée pendant le confinement !) - jean-jacques.boitard.7@orange.fr (qui m'a permis de survivre...) et l'adresse officielle (pas pour de nombreux logiciels installés) jeanjacques.boitard@orange.fr (toutes les 3 fonctionnent maintenant !)

Pros

La facilité de mise en oeuvre des différents logiciels- fonctions

Cons

Certaines fonctions peuvent poser problème par exemple quand on transforme un pdf en jpg ou autre par exemple

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Pour essayer de faire de montages sans trop de complications

Geoff from Jupiter Photo Video

My go to software

The ease of AVS and access to all the other programs I use, AVS Converter for making MP4 form DVDs etc, makes AVS the software I recommend when everyone ask how I make my videos.

Pros

The ease of use, and it's reliability. I can always get the job job done whether it's just flipping a live video horizontally, or making a polished music demo.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons I've run up against.

Pinnacle kept crashing.

David from Consultant

Fantastic editing software

I'm working on video to piece them together, remove things and process them into new video files. I even use it to convert files from time to time.

Pros

I use this software daily. It's pretty easy to use, works great, and does almost everything I need. I even love the pan and zoom feature! So many great things about this program.

Cons

I would love to add subtitles via the subtitle file and be able to separate the audio and video.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

I tried it after it was recommended to me and haven't had a need for other editing software.

MARKOS from Supply Clouds Development

Very intuitive software

AVS Video Editor has allowed our business to create instructional videos of our software using the screen capture feature. Has made things easier.

Pros

Even for an inexperienced user, the UI is very intuitive and simple to use. It was the first video editing software I had used, after trying a few trial versions of video editing softwares. AVS was so easy to use that I bought for the company after using the trial version.

Cons

This is probably due to hardware limitations of my pc, but sometimes when adding text the program becomes unresponsive. My computer is not built for video editing so I believe this is the reason for this. Saving the project frequently will help with this issue if you don't have a good graphics card. But even when using the progress in a computer without a graphics card, this issue happens very infrequently.

Lack of complicated UI

GLADYS from ShipwreckSalvage.net

AVS works, works Well & Feature Loaded

I use AVS for Video & SlideShows I'm getting up there in my age and technology is getting harder to learn. Other products were costly & too complicated. I tried the AVS and was able to complete the task in no time at all! Since then I began to incorporate other AVS Features for more elaborate presentation. Outside of work, I enjoy making slideshow for my family.

Pros

You can't go wrong with AVS. I'm on a Very tight Time & Budget schedule. Learning new tricks & technology is Time Consuming. Time & Money is something I don't have to spare. " Believe Me " AVS is easy to use & if you get stuck, the help videos are Short, Simple & To The Point.

Cons

I had bought a Lifetime Subscription yrs back, but I don't know if that includes all the updates to latest versions? A lot more products have been added since then.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Honestly, I figured for the price it wouldn't hurt too bad to give it a go. NO REGRETS.

GEOFFREY from SELF EMPLOYED

GREAT PRODUCT

I REALLY AM PLEASED WITH THE PRODUCT. I HAVE TRIED OTHERS, BUT AVS VIDEO REMAINS MY FAVOURITE.

Pros

IN MY PROFESSION OVER MANY YEARSI HAVE USED THE PRODUCT FOR PRODUCING VIDEOS FOR STAGE SHOWS, ASSISTING CHOIRS, AND PRESENTING DJ SESSIONS WITH VIDEO.

Cons

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE EXPERIENCED IS AFTER I HAVING FINALIZED A VIDEO AND WISH TO RE=INTRODUCE IT AGAIN FOR EDITING, I FIND THAT I LOSE A LITTLE OF THE SHARPNESS OF THE ORIGINAL, WHEN I RE- FINALIZE.

Ayon from AI fwe

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

A handy video editor with all the required bells and whistles

One will enjoy using AVS video editor as it is easy to learn, one can open up the software and can start editing videos right away. Plus it provides various fantastic features to spice up your video editing and thus helps in creating amazing videos. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a All in One video editor for daily purposes.

Pros

AVS video editor has a very straight forward interface and that is very important when it comes to overall experience of using a software. AVS provides you with all the functionality one expect from a decent video editor, like support for almost all the major media formats, crop and flip tools, title editor, transition and effects, basic audio editing features, a good range of export options, all these make AVS a great tool for anyone who, after capturing a video, wants to go a step further and add some extra sauce to their videos.

Cons

Well, I don't see any reason why one cannot cut a film in a software which can edit and cut videos together, but to be very specific, some softwares are designed specifically for cutting motion pictures, AVS video editor is not one of them. Apart from that, AVS video editor is an excellent option for editing videos.

Deborah from Debby Z & Company

Easy Peasy

Installed beautifully, taught each staff member in 15 minutes and continue to be successful for my clients requests

Pros

Very user friendly. all staff 21-61 can use it easily

Cons

More music options - most of our clients are getting video montages with a lot of music changes and segways

Price, options, user ability

Cost

James from PI MAGAZINE inc

A professional Investigators View

The use of AVS software suite has been a great experience and a tremendous value for the dollar. I use this product weekly and have written a product review in my magazine, PI MAGAZINE advocating and recommending this product to all private investigators.

Pros

Simple, easy to use with a large number of professionally produced help videos available.

Cons

I do not have any features I dislike with this software.

Value and ease of use.

Tracy from Ambrose Investigations

Would be perfect except for serious issues

The time problem is a serious one and could cause a problem when I testify in court. I have tried repeatedly to contact the company for help in resolving this issue, along with the time zone, but you can virtually never get a person to respond. If they would fix these two issues, the program would be perfect.

Pros

You can choose where to place the date and time on the video, the format, and the font. Works fairly quickly and easy to edit. You can also delete audio.

Cons

You cannot choose a time zone. (You could on the old version.) Once all my video is listed, I have to manually tell it to deduct five hours from my video time. I also skips time. For instance, my video may be running at 8:28 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., but the next segment (which should be 8:31) skips back to 8:28. It makes it appear as though I have altered something and I’m afraid it would not stand up in court. You also have to buy the program for each computer you have, which is so wrong. I use my PC and my laptop, but I had to buy the program for each one. When my old PC crashed, and I bought a new one, I could not transfer the software to my new computer. I had to buy another one.

Linda from Memorieshelf.com

FANTASTIC

Excellent

Pros

I love all the programs I use the registry cleaner weekly and the video converter almost daily You can not get a better deal for just the registry cleaner alone the audio and video converter programs are easy to work and are as good if not better than any other photo shop program. People do not understand you need a special program to make a DVD that works in a DVD/Bluray player. The Disc Creator is easy to use and does a great job.

Cons

Nothing it's great I tell others to use it

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

I choose this program because of it's price and ease of use I've used it since 2009 and have referred others to use it

Jean Louis from arkalao

Industry: Fine Art

atelier d'artiste

Clip vidéo pour illustration chansons. Portraits d'artistes

Pros

insertion image et vidéos . Effets, titrage, bonne intégration pour post production sonore, nombre de formats vidéos accetptés

Cons

Quelques bugs en utilisation avancée. Lourdeur. mobilisation ressources machine.

Rapport qualité prix. Facilité d'apprentissage

Tim from None

Great Software Easy To Use But Has Bugs

Works, but buggy file saves.

Pros

It was easy to learn from the start. I had some issue getting into the editing aspect, but the online videos on YouTube were very helpful.

Cons

The file save functions are buggy. The "Save As' feature does not work as expected and seems to change the original file whether it is write protected or not. I believe this problem is just a visual bug in the video manager area, but support was unable to resolve this issue after months of back and forth conversations. I have heard nothing more on the problem after they said they could replicate it, but did not know why it was there. The issue was present on several computers at my location and across several versions of the software.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Price mostly, but some additional applications included with the full bundle were very useful.

Keef from Motorhome Travels UK

Industry: Writing and Editing

In use daily on my Motorhome Travels website and my wife's dresses business

Creating good professional quality videos to embed on business websites is a MUST these days and AVS does it perfectly

Pros

Ease of use, variety of output formats and functionality

Cons

Sometimes overwriting audio element is a bit flaky

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

Lifetime membership value... functionality that best fits my requirements

Enrique from N/A

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

December 2021

AVS: My auditioning super tool!

Pros

Drag and drop; video editing; and formating tool are the top features I use with this platform. They help to make the editing of my auditions quick and easy. I am able to deliver professional edited videos to the Casting Directors which helps me stand out in a crowd of hundreds to thousands of actors auditioning for the same role!

Cons

There really hasn't been a con just yet. Everything I have used this software for has been perfect for me. I guess the one thing I would like to be made better is the ability to cancel background noise in my videos... not sure if that is even possible but that would be cool.

Muddassar from Levi Strauss & Co

The best and Amazing Video Editor

My overall experience with AVS Video editor is really amazing, I always edit and save video from AVS Video editor in different formats according to my business and individual requirements.

Pros

AVS Video Editor offers so many incredible features including trim, merge, rotate, mix videos, and more than three hundred innovative effects and transitions. You can easily create a project, and the dashboard is really easy to understand and use.

Cons

The features of this video editor are awesome and anyone can learn and use this software without any issues. You will never feel any cons or any negative point in this software.

Mark from Wisetech

Video review

Good value

Pros

DRM not overly burdensome. Good value. Multiple formats supported.

Cons

Install, speed, intuitive ui and context help with wizards can be improved.

Ken from Bulk Candy Store

Great Software for the Price

Makes video creation and editing easy.

Pros

AVS video editor is very eary to use and the learn. It has many of the features of the more expensive video editors at a abetter price and it is much easier to use.

Cons

Nothing really. There are a lot of new features I need to try

Steven from MyHouse

Wonderful, Powerful, Cost-Effective

I have used AVS since shortly after it was released. I have purchased licenses for every computer I've used it on because it's just a handy tool to have!

Pros

I love the diverse options to build simple videos coupled with the robust features to build complex projects.

Cons

The video manipulation tools are a little lacking. Such as, clear and easy speed controls. Frame creation and blurring when a video is slowed down. Also, the editing timeline is a little finicky when making cuts and shifts. You have to lock all other tracks you aren't manipulating or the cuts/edits will happen across all tracks.

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

Cost and features. Also ULead sold to Corel.

Harry from WNHH-LP 103.5 FM, NEW HAVEN

Industry: Broadcast Media

Love it! Makes my work a lot easier

I use it daily to create, edit, and convert content. Makes work life much easier

Pros

The ease of use, and the amount of options it make available to you.

Cons

occasionally, app will crash. Not frequently, but it may be that system resources get thin. I'm doing 100 things at the same time.

Brad from Camelot Theatre Company

Can't Beat it for the Price

Pros

To create my archive videos I have to piece together 12-15 segments into one seamless video. This software allows me to literally drag and drop the segments one after the other with ease! If I need to add transition effects, its super easy and there are many to choose from. I also like the ability to lay audio tracks down if I want to replace the sound on the video. I also love its many output capabilities/formats for the final mix-down. I've used this software for many years and enjoy creating my video archives with it.

Cons

The menu system creation for DVD menus can be a little tricky. I wish it were a little simpler.

Ulrich from Serr Consult GmbH

US-Wertung

Private Nutzung

Pros

Einfache Bedienbarkeit - wenig Schnickschnack

Cons

Verarbeitungsgeschwindigkeit beim Finalisieren des Projekts

Ich habe beide im Einsatz - jedes hat sein Stärken

Mitch from Bay Town Creative

Smooth and Simple

Pros

Possibly one of my favorite features is the "trajectory" settings that allow you to quickly animate overlays. The whole overlay editing section is definitely a plus. Easy to navigate and quite robust. It is a feature that makes it stand out. Another great aspect is the integrated screen capture tool. This works great and is quite robust.

Cons

Maybe my biggest con would be that you can not easily import masks for overlays from inside the app. Not a lot of cons really. While the UI is well laid out and easy to navigate and while it is cleanly designed it still feels a little dated and could use a refresh to feel more modern. That said, the interface works great and is fairly intuitive for newcomers. Chroma Key is possible but a bit rough (needs shadows etc) and hidden in the overlay settings though well documented in the user guide. All my "cons" are just the desire for more features, but then I would just need to get something fancier and that's not really what AVS Video is all about.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

We picked up AVS Video as part of a package deal when we were buying AVS Audi Editor and it has been a nice bonus to have.

Nicolas from Studio Nico

Industry: Music

AVS4You... 5 étoiles sur 5...

Absolument extraordinaire, je recommande fortement ce logiciel et l’ensemble des autres applications qui peuvent être offertes en suppléments.

Pros

La facilité d’utilisation, la convivialité, l’interface très intuitive et l’ensemble de utilités... options et fonctionnalités disponibles!

Cons

Tout est fluide et aucune malfonction (bogue) détectée à ce jour avec cette nouvelle version.

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Parce que c’est le plus convivial, le plus professionnel et avec des rendus audio/vidéo de grande qualité!

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

La lourdeur d’utilisation, le prix et le système en réseau déficient chez Adobe. Pas très pratique chez Adobe.

Chris from Bartimaeus Cooperative Ministries

Simple but plenty of features

We have a range of talks and presentations that we need to convert from raw recording to YouTube videos - AVS lets us 'top and tail' our videos, remove goofs, add in smooth transitions etc - All pretty basic but a big leap forward for non-expert users! Our YouTube gets way more views with our recent videos over the last year+

Pros

Ease of use - to add a range of edits and customization. I am new to video editing and have fairly simple needs - AVS has made it easy for me to add interesting video to my non-profit's website. In the age of Zoom, this is critical to our operations.

Cons

There are a few quirks to using the software but once you get used to it, it is pretty easy to use

Reasons for Choosing AVS Video Editor

Better value, better features, easier to use

Reasons for Switching to AVS Video Editor

Other product was non-intuitive and less features unless we paid more and more

Gino from AVIORAMA

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

an honest reviewas

as said in the pros, using AVS Video Editor we solve many little problems when editing convert cut videos to get effective visuals for our marketing needs

Pros

as a tour operator, in the current times, we need to create, assembly, edit a lot of images and videos to distribute on various social platforms. Visuals need different approaches for any platform. So we have to cut, convert, edit any piece of video to adjust to different formats. AVS VIDEO EDITOR does it perfectly. Of course we don't use only this tool, but it rests as final our final resource.

Cons

just after last update, I am not able to suggest much more