Browse Kapwing Reviews

Gracie from Badass Marketing Moms

Kapwing is my secret weapon!

Pros

This is one of the most powerful, yet inexpensive and easy-to-use video editing software I've found. It can be glitchy at times, but the value is out of this world. I blow my team away with how fast and efficiently I can edit and turnaround video projects.

Cons

The layers, fonts, and texts seem to change sometimes when you go to render your video which is horribly frustrating but support is pretty quick to respond.

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

Cost and usability. I'm not a professional video creator, I just need to edit videos from time to time.

Martin from freelancer

Best online video service ever. And a miracle for deaf people.

This review is focused only on one of Kapwing feature - AI generated subtitles. I known that Kapwing offers many tools for online video editing (and they are very good), but I'm using just one of them - Subtitler. This tool is able to autogenerate subtitles for video in almost any language. And this is cool! You know - I'm deaf (or almost deaf, to be correct) and thank to Kapwing I’m now able understand and react on videos from my friends :) (I’m able to read and write in 6 languages, but if someone sent me video-message, I was f*cked… :D Not any more, thank to this service). Before Kapwing I had to download the video, extract audio from it, process the audio file with dedicated software and then, finally, I got subtitles (poor quality subtitles, I have to say). With Kapwing I just paste URL to Subtitler and get subtitles. Miracle, for me.

Pros

- it works like a charm - simple use, perfect output - multi-language support (AI autogenerated subtitles are best on market (seriously. I tried many other services)) - it's free (mind-blowing! Service of this quality free? Just WOW!)

Cons

- nothing at all - OK, there are some glitches in AI autogenerated subtitles, but the output is "good enough" in most situations

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

No other software on market has features as Kapwing. Yes, there are some SW that are able to caption videos automatically, but results are poor and limited to couple of languages.

Henry from Rockwell and Smith LLC

Great Editor for On-the-Fly Project

It was difficult to learn, but after browsing the features and capability (including the speed of import/export of files) we knew it would be the perfect in-between for video editing.

Pros

There is no program or drive required for use. To our knowledge and experience, Kapwing is a browser-based editor, and it is a fairly robust service. It may take a while to learn and memorize the quirks that exist in the program, but it is freely available, and that has helped us out tremendously.

Cons

The paywall. The paywall seems unusual and perhaps unfair. Hard to tell because it exists behind the option to save more than a handful of files. The price tag is high, but that tag doesn't prevent us from using the core features.

Reasons for Choosing Kapwing

While Adobe no doubt has a host of features, we were looking for something simple, fast, and inexpensive. Adobe was none of those things.

Haley from Marketing Consultant

BUYER BEWARE - Don't Use This Software

Very terrible customer support and overall horrid customer experience. I will be using Veed.io from now on.

Pros

Subtitle generator in beta testing phase is decent.

Cons

BUY BEWARE - This site scammed me out of $192. I selected the $24 option at checkout, yet they still charged my card $192. Now, they are saying that it was my fault and refuse to correct my subscription and will keep my money. I want to make sure nobody else falls victim to this! Buyer beware!

December 2021

Mohammed from the ad voice

amazing

Pros

friendly user software with lots of features

Cons

editing features are amazing, you can change easier than any other software

Mohamed from Techshiil Groups

Industry: Newspapers

it is free but if you need to restore video 24 Hour you must bay it

very easy if you ara bigener i recomedid it

Pros

text titles ,also video texting, if you need memo template you can find this web easy it has squar and also vertical all video Sise if you post fb or yt

Cons

its easy to edit also it you understand it very easy

Reasons for Choosing Kapwing

becouse its vey easy if you are a bigener for editig

Sophie from Codependent Millennial Coaching

Get it now. Stop wasting time. Kapwing will blow your mind.

Amazing.

Pros

Kapwing is for EVERYONE. I don't care what you do. If you do anything with sound, video, etc you need this. Even if you don't, you STILL need this so that you can start discovering the power of audio and video in your business. Get to it.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet that is displeasing. I am extremely grateful for this software and how delightful it is to use.

Kapwing saved my life several times

Pros

I just love Kapwing. It's an easy and cheap way for editing videos for social media - brands and personal use. It's easy to setup, no bureaucracy.

Cons

Sometimes it just bugs itself and you have to find an workaround for what you are making actually works - usually deleting the workspace and creating a new one is enough.

Latrice from Slims Miracle Stylez LLC

Nice affordable editor

great

Pros

easy to use for me. Theres nothing else to say

Cons

only 5 minute video without watermark for no upgrade account

Angela from Invest In Access, Inc.

Efficient, Effective, Incredibly Valuable.

Twitter is the form of social media I utilize the most and their team is highly responsive to DMs and @replies.

Pros

Personally, I've never been really tech savvy and this software is so intuitive that it actually makes me want to learn more about tech :-) Professionally, our team utilizes Kapwing for captioning and I value that there's the capability to upload customized fonts . Also the workspaces have never glitched and have saved my content even at times I didn't need it to! :-) Happy all around. Can't say enough about how innovative and important this software is.

Cons

Nope! Routinely utilize Kapwing and very grateful for the team!

Youssef from Minimum Studio

Just great

Just a great tool to know about that you can always have on hand!

Pros

It's fast, works in the browser and has a lot of features.

Cons

Can't say much about the product, i guess exporting takes too long maybe?

Jyotsna from Astrix Study

Video Editing solution on web

Pros

Pros of Kapwing: - Easy to use - Multiple editing options like reverse, watermark, subtitles, etc.

Cons

Con of Kapwing: Rendering time of certain features in videos take a lot of time.

A suite of handy video editing tools

easy to use; highly recommended.

Pros

As a user, I'd like to thank Kapwing for providing many of their tools free of charge. In the past I needed to pay to get watermark-free downloads. It has become free recently. The tools are classified into tasks that people commonly need to fix their videos, e.g, video crop, resize, looping and so on. The tools are very easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

As being design for ease of use by amateurs, the downside is that sometimes you may have to run through a couple of different tools individually to achieve what you need.

elena from Korona Dental

Kapwing Rocks!

easy to use, helpful tool, tool every marketer should know about...

Pros

Using Kapwing really made my work much easier and faster. the software is user friendly and allows you to create highly effective and professional videos. From subtitling, to transitions to fast forwards to music drag and drop option... only your imagination is the limit and Kapwing helps you turn it into reality!

Cons

No cons so far! It is great! I really mean it, so far so good :)

Ariel from KPFA

Great video editor for any social media team

Pros

I loved the collaborative nature and the fact that it works in-browser — my personal computer isn't a barrier to producing a great and slick-looking video easily. You can add music, you can pick custom colors (though the process is a little bit onerous), and you can upload and use custom fonts to match your branding. It's easy to train others to use this.

Cons

I had some issues with text overlay during export (it was in a different position once exported, so I had to fiddle with it/eyeball it and export again), and some of the drag and drop features were hard to get perfectly accurate - I didn't figure out how to snap multiple tracks to begin at the same time, for example.

Margaret from Jamaica Live

Customer Service Terrible and Publishing fail quite often

The customer service is awful and nonexistence. You would be working on a project and it do not publish. You have to start the whole thing over again and at times that still does not work. You reach out to customer service on all platforms and no one answers or respond

Pros

The software is not difficult to use. It is simple but the output is also simple

Cons

Publishing is awful. Many times does not work

Jeremy from Corptax

Found great tool during #VPDExperiment

Need to create short videos that were not PowerPoint driven but able to add content was a problem. I couldn't always wait for our professional to create for ministry team. And adding subtitles allows more people to watch since they don't have to turn up the volume when in a space they can't listen.

Pros

Subtitles were great as they use the Google beta. And you can edit the text to fix your flubs or add a highlight.

Cons

Since its web only, you have to deal with the filters applied by various security tools. Either get IT to whitelist or you will have trouble. You can use it on your phone browser, but not as easy on the small screen

kim from radiosity

December 2021

So easy to use and great end product!

I love it!

Pros

It is so easy to use and enough tools to create a great video

Cons

I wouldn't change anything but maybe there could be a few more basic effects or filters

JAZE from PoohdingWear

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Kapwing Is King

When I use this software, I feel all sorts of creative juices flowing because of how jam-packed with features the software really is. A very well-made product that will keep you enticed for hours.

Pros

Removing the background from an image is what I use this software for primarily. It has so many more features that I occasionally dabble into, so its versatile like that. I highly recommend it.

Cons

There are no cons. This software is golden, I mean you can go as far as to making memes on it amongst other things. So no, I don't see any drawbacks from using it. You'd be doing yourself a favor.

Reasons for Choosing Kapwing

Kapwing has the ability to add way more video filters than Vegas Pro so I gave it a shot and was very impressed with the end result.

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

I couldn't resize my video aspect ratio appropriately through Pinnacle so I went looking for an alternative.

Mark from CBS News Radio / NetWorkWise

Love Kapwing -- Highly Recommended for any Content Creator

Kapwing is great for various reasons. There's a lot of features for both images and video, all of which are extremely easy to use. I also like that the Kapwing staff actively participates in a discord channel they run, and response quickly to user feedback and input. They are always listening to their users and doing the best they can to offer new features and update the software to meet the needs of the users. As stated in the title of my review, if you create content, even using high end software, there's likely a reason for you to still use Kapwing for something.

Pros

Kapwing is an incredible platform that makes editing video and images really easy. Having the various tools and templates makes things extremely easy and will have you making material that looks extremely professional, like it was made on very high end software.

Cons

So if you use the free version without an account, there's a very large and distracting watermark on the content. I wish it was smaller for the free version. I do pay for the Pro account, but I did that before Kapwing changed their site around where if you create an account, there's no watermark. Though they did a recent update where projects export quicker for pro users, I don't believe there's enough of a difference between the Pro account and the free account, to justify the $200/year price point. Now that you no longer need to pay $200,to remove the watermark, there's really no justification for the price. Obviously the money goes to helping them stay funded and create a great product, and I get that, but I believe they should provide more value for Pro users. Also, I think their regular "studio" tool is a bit clunky and isn't that great to use. When using a specific tool, it's great. But starting a project from scratch in Studio is a bit tedious.

Brianne from Computer Software

memes as a service

Great experience using the product, especially with a small team

Pros

I use Kapwing to create video content and memes for my early stage company. This has been a great way to generate traffic to my professional website and leads to higher engagement on our company's social media channels.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

Kapwing has more options for video editing and other types of assets

Syed from Allied Global Marketing

Kapwing – ‘a versatile tool to create any content easily with drag and drop actions’

I like to use this tool . As I sated, Kapwing has a lot of good features and the default configuration with the social networks is very convenient for me. So, my overall experience with Kapwing is very good.

Pros

I think trimming the video is super easy in Kapwing with drag and drop actions. This software is absolutely an easy platform for the beginner. I am convinced with a lot of free features of Kapwing which are very useful. I love the fact that they have an auto-subtitle option and this is really time-saving. Also, I would like to mention the resizing feature which makes it easy to create different content on the same platform. I think the online editing opportunity is very useful because there is no hassle to install it on the computer. You can edit anything from anywhere. The default configuration for various social media is amazing and this option allows me to publish the videos smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t like that I lost my work a few times and I think glitches occurred with my task. I observed exporting videos sometimes a slow process. I like to use this tool but wish if they could have more features and elements to be even more creative with this software.

Starken from Starken BeanO

Industry: Online Media

What the point of editing if you cant't upload?????

Hi, Im Starken BeanO. Im a Good YouTube With over 122 subs, and I've been looking for a good and free editing website. Then I came across this, Kapwing. It was awesome and I found a whole lot of things i can do.

Pros

Im a Good YouTube With over 122 subs, and I've been looking for a good and free editing website. Then I came across this, Kapwing. It was awesome and I found a whole lot of things i can do. Add cool music, cut parts, screen record, ect. this came out as one of my best used of editing website.

Cons

There were no problem what so ever, no lag and no crashing. But the biggest and THE funniest thing I EVER saw. Whats the point of hard sweat and tears of editing and so we can have to UPGRADE just for a couple of more minutes for a video. and I'm talking for the people that has the same problem. Its an awesome website but why do you Upgrade to publish files over 250MB and to export videos over 7 minutes? Fix this for the people that like this website and you'll find yourself as the best editing website on Google and any other sites. And just so you can't see people writing the same review as I did today. ~SB

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

I've looked over and over for the right app or web site. Then I found something that I'll use for once i hit 30k subs..... KineMaster, This Amazing app I found on my tablet made me think. "where were you all my life". Why pay for pro to publish files over 250MB and to export videos over 7 minutes if you can edit a video to over 2 hours and not pay for Premium. Its a crazy app and the only con is sometimes when you cut too much clips your upload will lag and or weather you dont upload and still editing it will pause.... but don't fear, once you contact KineMaster they will tell you whats your issue and you'll easily find a solution.

Robin from Robin Procter

Industry: Photography

AN EARLY REVIEW OF KAPWING

I use it primarily to create versions of my original photographs to suit Instagram's aspect ratio limitations without undesirable cropping. I am retired from business and so Kapwing's free option is very important to me - It enables me to remain creative. Kapwing technical support and response is very good and the user feels that they care and that you are not abandoned after they have created their software as is the case with some app developers.

Pros

I particularly like its straightforward interface and that also that my images are not spoilt by Kapwing credits - In gratitude I always credit #kapwing on social media and recommend it to others.

Cons

It can be a bit clunky when uploading an image and Tool Tips would make it much easier. My learning curve has mostly been by experiment! After uploading an image it often doesn't automatically show for selection in my Workspace and consequently can be difficult to find.

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

I hate having advertising attached to my images - It's up to me and me alone who I choose to promote! Also, the methods were tedious - I have a desktop Mac as well as iPhone and iPad but do all my creative 'work' on my desktop. I use Flume which allows me to post to Instagram directly from my 27-inch desktop. Why would I want to fiddle about on a small screen?

Ben from Deckstar & Shoot To Kill Music, INC.

Social Media Manager Essential Tools

Their team has always been very responsive in helping me with any questions I've had. I can't wait to see this product become more widely used in helping content creators reach their audiences effectively like they have done for me.

Pros

This tool should be in every social media account managers bookmark list. I use this daily to help with video editing. Even if you're a pro video editor, their is no need to be spending hours trying to get the format correct. Kapwing does the hard work for you.

Cons

No real cons, this service is solid. My only wish list request would be the ability to have an archive of the videos I've already worked on. So incase the client needs something edited/resized I don't have to reupload.

Pradip from Vertex Web Surf

Top Web App for video editing

It's been really fun to work with Kapwing and the support has been really great. I have been able to create videos that have been really appreciated very well.

Pros

Availability of features, access, ease of use, voice to text, and animated graphics.

Cons

I have had this product for two years and I have not found any cons yet.

David from David Bisetto Studio 27

A plataforma online de edição de vídeos Kapwing, facilita meu trabalho, e muito!

Muito boa!

Pros

A simplicidade operacional e não obrigatoriedade de ter que estampar sua marca d'água. Estou satisfeito com a plataforma. . .

Cons

As opções de transição entre cenas. Pouco suaves, abruptas e bem perceptíveis.

Beth from The Milsap Fan Blog

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great For Editing Videos

This is one of several video editing software options I use when I upload music videos and other items to You Tube. I like it.

Pros

If you are someone who likes to edit or splice videos like myself, this is the place to do it. The free version allows you to merge, splice, cut, and edit videos for You Tube, Instagram and other applications that allow you to use videos. It is fairly easy to use and understand for a beginner who has never used video editing tools before. At the same time the finished product is nice enough for a professional influencer or vlogger to use as well.

Cons

There are limits to file sizes on the free version, so if you are a first time user just checking it out, you may end up having to buy the paid version anyway just to use it, and I occasionally had files not get edited even when they were slightly under the size limit after cutting.

Kapwing makes simple video tasks even simpler!

My overall experience with Kapwing has been great! I'll definitely use it again for personal projects!

Pros

Kapwing is pure genius. It takes a number of small, easy video tasks, and makes them easier. No need to download software just to reverse or resize a video. This service does it online for free (with a watermark)! These tools include trimming, looping, resizing, reversing, rotating, and converting video, among other functions. I used Kapwing once when I needed to reverse a video for a visual effect. After looking through the basic video editing software I had installed on my computer and finding that none had the feature, I tried Kapwing and it worked like a charm.

Cons

As stated above, you have to endure a watermark unless you want to pay for the service. That being said, it's a small price to pay for such a great service! Furthermore, the creators really do deserve to get paid for their work.

Alan from 2nd Cousin, Inc.

Nothing else compares!

Not sure how I found Kapwing but it has been the most efficient video creating tool we have,

Pros

It simply has all the features any business would need regardless of skill level.

Cons

Any previous Cons have always been removed as the program improves.

Reasons for Choosing Kapwing

I use Kapwing in conjunction with my other video editing software.

Buddhika from Chamm Sri E Biz Hub

Industry: Online Media

Ideal software for video editing

This is one of the best software which I used to edit videos.

Pros

I have used this software in several times to edit some videos which I uploaded to my youtube channel. honestly I would like to recommend this as the best video editing software, even for the beginners. Because I had very basic knowledge about video editing. But I could edit my videos easily, up-to my expected level. Actually it is an user friendly software which work & complete our tasks easily. Also we have an option to create our videos without any water marks in Kapwing, on free of charge. It is an unique facility which we can't see in the other software in similar category.

Cons

I would like to see some more animation tools. because the provided tools are very basic & sometimes its not looks suitable for some videos.

Rosa Irene from Freelancer

Industry: Graphic Design

My experience with Kapwing

I used it once to loop a video that I needed ASAP, had no access to more professional tools like PS so had to search for a software that I could use online to get express results. Got me out of the hurry and I loved everything about it, except for the price. However, it is still useful and you can still download the result for free if you don´t mind the watermark.

Pros

*Super easy and fast to use if you want to edit your images or videos. *Offers multiple options like creating a gift out of a bunch of images, editing the speed of a video or looping one. *No need for any kind of professional, not even semi-professional, knowledge. It is as easy as following steps, the interface and instructions are super clear and friendly. *No need to download software, you can use it all online *You can use it for free, with a watermark in your final result. But the watermark is cute.

Cons

*The only con is that you have to pay to get the watermark removed from your videos or images, and it is not that cheap unless you use it a lot and pay the monthly or yearly fee.

Geoff from Holistique

Wonderful resource

Brilliant. There was a problem with the online conversion to create the downloadable version. Ugh. It probably wasn't even an issue that originated with Kapwing's server...these technical glitches happen for all sorts of reasons. I did initially feel that I might have lost absolutely everything. But I sent a note to Kapwing and had a delightful response almost immediately. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] had resurrected my file, converted it for download, and it was ready for me to use. That was, to me, a 10 out of 10 customer experience. I take my hat off to the company and its software.

Pros

I had a video project underway and I required text on top of the moving images. I first tried the Kapwing option and I was so impressed I didn't need to switch over to an alternative. I didn't need to read a manual - the software was intuitive and everything worked very smoothly. The end result was very visually pleasing and had complete accuracy in the intended transition points, text size, colour and placement. I was thrilled.

Cons

I had no issues whatsoever, and nothing came to mind regarding additional features to request.

Sarah from Shrug Capital

Industry: Investment Management

The ultimate social media toolkit

My experience with Kapwing has grown from strength to strength as the product has added more features and functionality, making the work I do in social media management so much easier.

Pros

Kapwing provides all the essential tools for creating engaging social media content, in one place. The most helpful tool within the product for me has been the resizing tool, which allows me to optimize the crop of my content for different platforms. It also gives me the option to export in GIF or MP4 for video-based content which saves me so many additional steps to export in other tools.

Cons

There are SO many different features, sometimes you have to look a little longer to find what you are looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

nicer user interface, so many fewer steps to get the same outcomes, great support content from kapwing

Maria from Catholic School

So Grateful!

I am very grateful for Kapwing because I'm a teacher that is now doing e-Learning in response to COVID-19. This site helps me to make succinct and usable videos to teach my students. I look forward to getting more familiar with the software so that I can do even more to help my children continue to learn. Thank you so much!!

Pros

Unlike other free online video software that I've used, I was able to cut material in the middle of the video and not just at either end. I also love the up and down arrow function to indicate the exact moment in the video to make an edit. It allows me to be very accurate.

Cons

Once I clicked "done" after editing and watched the video, I wanted to make a couple changes. But it took me a long time to figure out how to get back to the editing page. After trying several buttons, I realized I needed to go to "trimmed" under the "video" title. It also might be helpful to put a title over a button when your mouse hovers over it. I'm not sure what "expand padding" means or what some of the picture icons do. If there's a one or two word explanation that pops up, that would be helpful. Also, the YouTube to Mp3 converter that your website links to sometimes opens up a pornography webpage.

Cindy from Early Head Start

Best video editor I have found

Pros

As a beginner at editing videos, I found this program very easy to use. The displays were self-explanatory and answers to my questions were easily found. Not to mention the free version includes everything the average person needs. I would recommend this program to anyone with a need to make or edit a video.

Cons

The hardest part of using this program for me was finding it. I have tried a few others to end up frustrated at the end when I need to pay $100 to actually download the file.

Christian from CCMUSIC

You can do everything!

Sometimes i need to create some videos for my youtube channel, thanks to Kapwing i can do that.

Pros

A lot of tools for video and photo making; No watermarks in the free edition; Fast rendering for mp4 videos;

Cons

Some tools are complicated to use, they need to add some tutorials; The monthly price for me is a bit elevated;

Navish from Processry

I hope the product improves. It has a lot of potential. But at this point, it is purely ridiculous

Pros

1. This software is definitely one of the easiest video editing softwares you will find in the market to use. 2. A majority of its features are available for free, so 5/5 on value for money there. 3. The auto-subtitle feature is great. It helps you get started with 75% of the work and then you can simply edit it to have subtitles done in 1/4th the time.

Cons

1. The software, atleast the main overall tool - Studio - is incredibly clunky. It is ridden with bugs. It also fails to save properly and you keep losing a bunch of your work. As an exmaple of its bugs, right now I am facing a problem where a trimmed portion of the video is showing up on the final export and the subtitles are all off-sync from it too. Exported it multiple times! Argh! 2. It provides zero indication if its actually doing any processing or not in the background and occasionally just "hangs". Which is weird for a software on the cloud. 3. An immense number of basic features are just pure lacking that I feel are necessary - an undo/history feature, transition features that are actually use-able, audio adjustment across layers, export of entire video's subtitle file (can only export individual layer). 4. The export quality simply is not high. Even when you choose the 1080p option. It also dampens the audio in the video for no reason! 4. Looking for its training center feels like a maze. Once you find it, there is a small bunch of tutorial articles that are decent but is the barest minimum you can think of. But beyond that, the resources section reads more like marketing material that gets ridiculous to go through!

kelvin from AnyBodyCanDevelop

Kapwing Review

Was great using it for promo videos an YouTube videos.

Pros

The fact that am able to add shapes to my videos and export to different formats make kapwing a great tool

Cons

I'd prefer an offline version of kapwing

Sharifah from UTM Malaysia

Surprisingly inexpensive

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is free and have a lot of premium features like removing background from videos. I use it online and it works like wonders. You also don't have to worry about your progress because they automatically saved it if you login using your account.

Cons

What I like the least about this software because since you only can use it online, if there's anything happen to your internet connection when you're editing your video, they'll crash and you would be unable to continue your progress. I hope they make the download feature available in the future.

Jessica from Dental

Wondeful!

Pros

I am so pleased with this slideshow application. It was a little difficult to navigate through at first and the software is a little out dated. However despite the minor complications, I was still able to make a beautiful slideshow. I loved how it didn't have slide limitations and it was still free to use. I was able to place unlimited pictures and slides and include a 4min song to the presentation. I didn't have any issues downloading and sharing this project on facebook at all. For this reason I give it 4 stars. I think this product has some minor glitches and needs to be updated but it is still useful enough to make a decent slideshow presentation. I am really happy with it. Thank you!

Cons

Glitchy and outdated. However, not too bad.

Tom from Tom Hockett, MBA

Just started, easy to use

I just started using Kapwing's software and find it extremely intuitive to use. I also like the fact that navigating the website to look for products is also very simple. And, for users like me who don't need to have projects saved to Kapwing's cloud, it's free. I am a college student and really appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] help. I can access my creations for 7 days online, so if I need them longer, I can download them and/or make a copy. The multitude of programs and application software for use on line is amazing. And you can choose any of them to create or tweak a video (or audio). They also respond to support requests very rapidly. Great job, great company. Thanks, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

The ease of use and the wide selection of tools were the things I liked most.

Cons

I couldn't find anything about it that I disliked.

Becca from The Salvation Army ONT Youth Department

Kapwing Review

My experience has been great. The pandemic has caused a lot of us to get creative, and learn new ways of doing things and Kapwing allowed me to do this easily. I love any program/software that is easy to use and makes me look like I know what I am doing (even when I don't really).

Pros

The program was simple to use to speed up a video (the initial reason I went looking for video editing software), but also seems to have a lot of features that will be helpful. I've never used video editing software before now with the exception of the most basic window video editor, so I barely know what I am doing. Kapwing allowed me to not only accomplish what I needed but with a few features I didn't know I needed, it allowed me to create a video that looks really professional. I will come back to Kapwing to for all my future video editing needs.

Cons

There is a file size limit and other restrictions with the free account, which is understandable. Other than that the only con is that if you are a complete beginner it is a little overwhelming to start.

German from GC Classics

Love using Kapwing

I edit and convert videos for my social media outlets.

Pros

I can easily edit, convert, make memes and add subtitles to my videos.

Cons

So far I have not found any cons with Kapwing since I've been using it.

Kanchan from Night Hawk

Best App for Editing Product pictures and videos

Good

Pros

Everything, it is very easy to use. If you are having a small business and want to edit pictures for marketing the this app is a best option

Cons

You should have also added Logo extractor so tht we could use logos easily, boz we have to remove the background and extract only the logo

Brian from MediaZeus

Kapwing FTW

So easy my 5 year old son can use it, and he does! Plus their support is great and responsive.

Pros

What’s not to like. An online browser editor with user friendly controls, fun templates, and auto subtitles. It’s a helpful tool for beginning and experienced content creators.

Cons

Perhaps the timeline on the editor itself. I’m used to a horizontal timeline on most editors. Using Scenes to edit videos took me awhile to adapt, but only because I’ve been editing on other programs for so long.

The Online editing King

I came across Kapwing when I was away from my main work device (with my more professional video editing software), and needed to get a quick edit done. I searched around online and came across it, and it was a life saver.

Pros

Being able to simply sign in with your Google account (not necessary but essential if you want access to your work/drafts later in one place), the UI being simple and clear to understand: making it easy to trim videos, and create quick and simple instructional videos for social media, and best of all, being able to paste a Youtube video link and work on it within Kapwing is what I love most.

Cons

Since I use the software to make quick video edits on my phone/tablet-on-the-go. The video processing is an absolute nightmare; it gives you no indication that something is at least happening, which really drives me crazy at times.

Maxi from Maxi Witrak

Huge relief for the non-tech-savvy

My first day I used the free trial for three different tasks, my second I already upgraded to a month subscription for others. Very happy with the simple design that is competitive with other professional output I'm seeing.

Pros

This is by far the most user friendly captioning interface I've ever encountered. I do a wide variety of projects that I always struggle through by the skin of my teeth or have to hire out for, and Kapwing allows me to knock them out quickly and without stress.

Cons

n/a

The easiest and fastest way to produce great videos!

Seriously love kapwing. been a customer for years now and they are constantly innovating. and the value you get for you money is unbeatable.

Pros

- super easy to use - many many features - no editing skills required - produce content for all plattforms

Cons

- you have to download and reupload your video if you want to use multiple tools.

Amy from University of Cambridge

Excellent for generating subtitles

Made putting subtitles on my unscripted lectures viable. Without this softwear, I would have really struggled to provide subtitles on lectures I'd recorded without a fully pre-written script.

Pros

I only used to subtitling functions. The auto generation of subtitles was excellent. While it did need correcting (although it got mendelian randomization right first try), having each phrase already set up with timestamps and just having to adjust the exact words saved me so much time. It took me minutes to sort my subtitles for a 20 minute lecture, rather than hours.

Cons

It would have been useful to be able to download the subtitles in more formats - moodle only accepts vtt, and this only exports srt so I had to transform all the files. Trivial to do, but added another step unneeded in my work flow.