What are PowToon users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PowToon software through verified user reviews

• icon"If you are looking for a program to help you build quick, easy, powerful instructional videos - this is it."
  • icon"This site is so amazing and interesting. I love how I can create animated videos and intro videos with this software."
  • icon"Absolutely worth paying for a premium subscription."
  • icon"Otherwise, you risk losing your work. It may also take long to upload photos."
  • icon"For me its confusing, but maybe I just need to figure this out."
  • icon"The editing part can be a bit confusing at first. If the user doesn't pay, the options are very limited when it is time to export."

Browse all PowToon Reviews

• Have you used PowToon and would like to share your experience with others?

Mari

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

December 2021

Almost perfect

Hossamudin

May 2022

A great animation cloud-based software, but kinda expensive

Excellent.

Pros

The variety of templates is one of the great features. So, I don't have to create a similar video every time; Each video is unique.

Cons

Well, the pricing. It is super high. Also, faced few issues with the Arabic language during the free trial. Could be fixed by now tho.

Reasons for switching to PowToon

I was still learning animation, so I was trying too many tools like vyond, and animaker.

Ummar

Interactive Animated Presentations

Interactive storytelling in presentations took shorter time than before.

Pros

Powtoon is simple, interactive and provides all basic functions for motion graphics to be used as a presentation.

Cons

It's web-based to due which browser got very heavy when working on larger projects.

Reasons for choosing PowToon

Due to visual characters and animation as compared to simple textual animation.

Mich

Powtoons is Amazing

I have created dozens of videos for internal comms, advertising, recruiting and training. It has made my life so easy and with great reward and outcome.

Pros

This is a super simple app to create fun and vibrant communications pieces either with cartoons or video.

Cons

I think customer service could be much better. I don't think I've ever gotten ahold of a live person.

Reasons for switching to PowToon

I didn't exactly make a total switch because I still need to edit some video before dropping it in to Powtoons, but the functionality of Powtoons and its ability to drag and drop anything into the video at any time is so cool. And it has a huge database of photos, video, and other tidbits.

Ashley

July 2022

Pathetic Teacher/Student Tier

I exported a Powtoon that was stripped and looked embarrassing. The information should be clear what templates are pro and how unseemly and amateurish a video will be if they are removed. I now see that it is a ploy so you will export and not be able to receive a refund. This product is subpar and the fee was a waste of money. I expected quality for my money but could have gotten better abilities and service from a free product. The push to export without features is highly manipulative and unethical. I will inform everyone I know to seek their better software for educational uses. Including my employer who purchased Enterprise software.

Pros

It was unethical, manipulative , trash. It asks you to export a stripped unusable video so that you cannot get a refund when this pathetic software creates subpar digital videos.

Cons

The stripped videos it produces are an embarrassment and having a tier for education is a waste of money and no one should use it.

Jocelyn R

March 2022

Just amazing!

It’s been amazing. I totally recommend my fellow teachers to try it. They won’t regret it!

Pros

I love Powtoon, it’s an incredible video making app. I use it for my classes and my students always find the videos cool and interesting to watch. I can summarize important topics in small animation that help them understand and review the topics easily. It’s inexpensive and provides amazing features for no money.

Cons

I’m general Powtoon is really nice and user friendly. Sometimes it takes a while to load but nothing that affects the use of the website.

riley

Powtoon

Not great they say they would be creating new content and we have had the service for 6 months with absolutely no content updates

Pros

You can put multiple layers of text on one slide and customize where it will show up.

Cons

They have absolutely zero content. They say they have marketing videos but they are only 10 seconds long and random. We no longer use this software.

Reasons for choosing PowToon

We ended up purchasing promo as well because promo has a wide range and variety of videos and music that works a lot better than Powtoon. Very disappointed in Powtoon.

Melanie

Used to share content with higher education students

I used PowToon to record lectures and share information for my Educational Psychology course. Some of the content can be dry and uninteresting, so using PowToon helps engage my students in content.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how it makes content engaging for viewers. The variety of templates that allow for different presentations of content help keep the content engaging and interesting to my students. The animation piece of this software is different from other content presenting and lecture type software.

Cons

This software took some time to get used to using. As a novice at video content creation, it took longer for me to figure out how to create my videos; however, once I completed 2 or 3 videos, I got the hang of it.

DEYSON

Very Good Animation Software

I reaaly like this software and using for create good promotionals campaigns for may customers.

Pros

Easy to use for very good quality job results.

Cons

The characters don't have a 'walk' animation as option ...

Reasons for choosing PowToon

Because PowToon effer what I need, PowToon is different than others and, maybe need more features, but I believe in the good future for this software.

Shan

April 2022

Incredible tool for Video Creation and Marketing

Pros

A very powerful tool for creating professional animated videos. The interface is very clear, intuitive, and simple - both for experienced users and beginners. It's really easy to create high-quality content in no time. You can create everything from simple animations and short videos to large and complex projects. The application is very rich in features. You can use the templates, add text, images, music, videos, and more. You can easily add soundtracks, music, and text. You can also edit animation flows. Highly Recommended for Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, Video Creators & Video Marketing agencies

Cons

They are currently more focused on creating templates. I think they should focus on adding new and useful features, instead of pre-made templates.

giselle

attractive and professional slides and videos!

I save a lot of time and effort doing slides on this software and looks so professional!

Pros

I don't need to have programming skill to make animations and professional videos, is easy and instinctive to use.

Cons

I wish there were more avatars and more variety of animations and the option to adjust and share at tiktok.

Reasons for choosing PowToon

because it have 3d options and animations in an easier way to use.

Triza

Industry: Animation

An audit on PowToon.

Overall it is great and highly interactive videos, simple to use templates, and time-saving software.Simply great.

Pros

I am an editor and a content creator and to be honest it took me a lot of time to create my content but since PowToon came into my life, I can create awesome content without breaking any sweat. Love it completely.

Cons

I don't like the fact that the characters can't talk as in speech to text like in Vyond, Cause that would be great especially and personally as I use the videos in my Channel.

Natalie

If you want easy animation software for presentations look no further!!

Excellent!! creating meaningful videos that are young people friendly has been so much easier with this software.

Pros

This has been a recent addition to us, we came across it by accident looking for new characters for our powerpoint videos. This software has everything prepared and ready to go, with any type of animated creation it still takes time but having all the tools built-in ready and to hand saves a lot of time and frustration. Creating mini-presentations for young people has been a lot easier since we signed up.

Cons

The only con I have is that there could be more ethnic characters, this can be a little limiting for us as most of our client base are ethnic we like to use characters that look like them.

Reasons for switching to PowToon

More variety, scenes and characters to hand

Christian

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

May 2022

Pow toon needs to innovate

Due to its ease of use it is a very good tool and my experience with the software has been very good.

Pros

It is a very good software to make video marketing or educational videos, extremely easy to use and in relation to price and benefits it has a lot of quality. With it you can make animations without having previous experience, you just need to drag and drop and that's it. The 2d and whiteboard animations as well as the transitions will make you love it. It will save you a lot of time editing and creating content.

Cons

I think basically what I don't like is that you have to pay a bit of a price to be able to personalize your branded content. That if you put it on a scale, freelancers or people who start creating content may not be able to afford it. In addition to the fact that Pow Toon has not had an update for a long time, to put it in a big way, and it is lagging behind software like Create Studio.

bimal

PowToon review

My overall experience with PowToon is good.

Pros

I use PowToon for my business. I can make any kind of video like animation video, Whiteboard animation, presentations etc. Which helped me to increase more leads and sales. It is a drag and drops tool. Anyone can make high-quality video ads in minutes for any kind of platform. You can play with characters, import your own audio for video etc.

Cons

I don't find any cons with PowToon right now.

Sandra

December 2021

Add a little fun to your lectures

Pros

PowToon allows me to create videos that I can incorporate into my lessons. It's so easy to use and adds a fun break from traditional slides or talking head videos.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I dislike about this software.

Alain Jove

Powtoon for Power Cartoon Graphics

Overall, it is really fun putting crazy ideas to life in this app. The templates save time from creating your own vector graphics and animation, or toying around with other photo or video editing/ creation tools which is very taxing when time is of the essence. The output looks fantastic as it is very smooth and the resolution is really fitting for any setup such as branding of products, personal promotions, and any other creative endeavors.

Pros

This is an outstanding app that I've used and is still using since it has powerful customizable templates for designing cartoon storyline. As opposed to just comic style speech bubble presentation, this brings more life to it than the old school approach. Although it still works, the this new approach works better and provides more life - but most of all, an eye catcher to the social media age of today. I like this app because it provides a lot of customizable templates for characters, backgrounds, props, images, and other elements. All of them are customizable down to changing the character's gender and outfit, sceneries that change as your storyline progresses, moving objects like cars and buses, including other animated elements like traffic lights and blinking lights. In addition, you have several audio to choose from to fit the storyline, and has several zoom/pan effect for added touch.

Cons

In my opinion, your own imagination is the only thing that hinders you from getting into your end product. If you're stuck, you can always do a Google lookup and find ideas from other Powtoon animations to keep you going with your project. As far as loading times are concerned, there is no lag at all even if the elements already stack up.

Reasons for choosing PowToon

Although the other products I consider using are comparable to this, they have a different flavor in showing the same ideas. I am also using them depending on the mood or theme of the project as they are also outstanding in their own way. Honestly, I had a hard time choosing them that's why I toyed around with all of them.

Emma

March 2022

Students need!

Pros

I love how creative you can get with this software, many things are customizable to just the way I like it!

Cons

The pricing could be a little more affordable especially for students

Anthony

Industry: Animation

A powerful content design platform

This platform is an excellent solution for business owners to invest in for an expressive video of their services.

Pros

PowToon has a variety of possibilities of creating a video presentation and is easy to gain an understanding of. It is a powerful content design platform that allows you to animate or import live footage to be modified with a free account. There are many animated characters and free music to choose from. It gives you the option to pay for a monthly "Pro" plan for what I would agree is a fair price, and it offers you a free trail. I found the results to be very satisfactory due to it's picture quality.

Cons

It would make a big difference if there was the option to add more layers in the timeline. The sound editing is not all that great if you use a microphone to record your own voice, because there is quite often an echo. It will eventually start to slow down once too much information has been added to your scene and it requires internet connection.

Cleo

Not really useful unless you go Pro+

It's really easy to quickly create something that's, let's be honest, kind of corny, but for many situations that's fine. The tools are a joy to use and you can add your own artwork so you aren't really that limited. My biggest complaint (as I mentioned above in Cons) is that the tools are corrupted by the upsell items for Pro+. Just don't show me Pro+ features if I've already paid for Pro. Or at least give me a way to turn them off. Find another way to upsell.

Pros

Seriously easy to use. Using a template with its own audio, I was amazed at how smoothly the audio adjusted as you changed slide lengths. The tools are intuitive and things [transitions, modifications, adding/removing time, etc.] that are difficult in a lot of video editing packages are simple. There may be fewer features to tweak but in some ways that what makes it so easy to use. I like that you can add your own graphics - this makes it a powerful base if you want to deviate from the more cutesy look that's provided by default.

Cons

I'm constantly annoyed at the ongoing upsell to Pro+. I'm tricked into being disappointed at every turn. Choices of characters, items, templates, etc are shown but often it's not until you click on them that you discover they are only available to Pro+ plans. In a grid of possible templates, there were 54 Pro+ I couldn't use - I had to scroll over each one to discover they were Pro+. I asked Support if there was a way to hide the features that I couldn't access (turn off all Pro+) but they said no. Paying over $200 for Pro seems like a lot these days and I would be more satisfied with my purchase if I weren't constantly shown all the things I can't get with that money.

Reasons for choosing PowToon

I had a good experience in the trial but later realized that was due to the trial having the full feature set of Pro+. Pro+ was too expensive for my company to reimburse me so I chose Pro. But I'd almost rather use the Free version than settle for the small hand-out of features that are available on the Pro plan while being teased by the Pro+ content.

Randy

Great Features and Easy to Use

Overall, I am satisfied with this tool. It has some minor issues, but none of those issues are deal breakers for me.

Pros

Easy to Start: It only takes me ~20 min to gain basic proficiency and ~60 min to gain advanced proficiency. Time-Saving Templates: It has several templates ready to be used, which saves time. Beautiful built-in assets: Animated avatars, objects, short videos, graphics, audios, etc. Basically anything you could possibly want in a multimedia product--PowToon has it already built-in. Ease of Future Maintenance/Update: The way Powtoon's interface is designed allows for ease of future edits. You can easily swap in/out vectors/audio/texts if your video ever needs an update in the future.

Cons

Minor Glitch: Sometimes, objects (vectors, geometric shapes) would move to the wrong place by mouse drags. This is more of a minor nuisance than a real problem. Lack of Audio Editing Feature: It has very little audio-editing capability. Because it has a built-in voice-over recording feature, this feature would be more useful if audio editing ability can be available.

Reasons for switching to PowToon

Powtoon has more features than videoscribe.

Patti

Fun and easy to use

I am an instructional designer/developer and I use PowToon as part of eLearning courses and to communicate changes to end users. The premade templates make PowToon really easy to use. I find a look I like then modify with my content. Each template has its own music but I may upload my own music and upload images to personalize the video even more. If I have a question, I can chat directly with the support team (and I have had lots of questions). I had some trouble understanding the timing of objects when I first started. (Hint: where the thumbnail displays on the time line has Nothing to do with the exit time) and was frustrated by the lack of technical information about how the product works. This is because they depend on their support team to help users. Generally this is good but I would like to see Some documentation, even if it were just voiceovers on a PowToon to explain something. I found using a PowToon to communicate a recent system change to end users resulted in about a 70% view rate instead of a close to 10% read rate for just an email for a previous communication. I host the video on our SharePoint site and provide a link so it's easy to track the views. I just extended my subscription for another year and look forward to new features, new images, and new templates.

Pros

Easy to use, fun. Produces very professional looking videos.

Cons

It is difficult to select objects and edit if they overlap. I would like to be able to add tags to the images so I could easily find those I want to use multiple times. When changing the sizes of objects, both the width and height change proportionately. It would be good to be able to change just one, especially boxes.

My favorite presentation software

We make a lot of marketing videos, and this software makes it very easy to throw together a high-quality presentation very quickly, saving time and money in design work.

Pros

This is my go-to presentation creation software, far better than Power-Point slides. It is clear they are constantly improving their platform with new features and updates appearing regularly in the system, and I've watched over the years how the platform has continued to improve. I've not been able to find anything comparable in price and features on the market.

Cons

Occasionally there is a delay in the uploading of content, likely processing time for information to communicate between servers. Also, I wish there were an improvement on the way to render/download a mp4 file. Currently it renders it on the server and sends an email to download. I wish there were just a simple render/download button available on the program.

Jefry

Easy Presentations

From my experience with the program I can say that I have not had greater difficulties than to find myself a little disoriented at first, but thanks to its easy use and interactivity, I can learn at once and I can create my video. I would say that I would have difficulty uploading or sharing the video, because there are not enough options or the ones I want are blocked and I must pay. It would be good if the tool would allow you to share those videos over Whatsapp for free.

Pros

It is a simple and easy to use program. The presentations have many details and customization, being a very good point because it allows creating multiple videos and they do not look alike. It offers free and paid tools, also offers different ways to export or publish it; it is good the point and manages to make known the tool and the jobs and that many people can use it, either by paying or for free.

Cons

The program looks very limited at times because they don't have other tools to change the style of their videos with respect to the format, that is, it follows established parameters and does not allow recording videos to be uploaded and edited with the tools already available, but it limits itself to that format already established and in a certain way causes the authors of the videos to be somewhat limited in the subject of creativity.

Binyamin

Industry: Farming

Expected A Lot But Disappointed

If you are somebody who is moderately gifted/skillful in animation or you are committed to the learning curve demanded of Powtoon it is a great, and I could see it as being a really fun, animation marketing platform.

Pros

Using Powtoon a marketer can, at an affordable price, tell the story behind their company and their product in such a way that it comes alive and captivates the viewer. The animation becomes real and pulls the viewer in. It is a well constructed and professional tool. Besides conveying a story in a powerful way, Powtoon also imparts a feeling of professionalism. It shows the viewer that you as a company, as a product creator, cares and takes pride in that which you wish to sell/impart. It sends of message of creativity and above-and-beyond pride in your product.

Cons

Although I will be the first to admit that I am not tech savvy, nevertheless there are many products on the market that are made for people like myself, so much so that people are often amazed at how much tech I'm able to navigate with so little aptitude. However, Powtoon was not one of them. When I first discovered Powtoon I was excited, when I first logged-in to Powtoon I was revved up to start creating. From the get-go it was as if I was trying to climb a very tall and vertical wall. It was more than a bit frustrating, especially given that Powtoon was touted as an easy to use creation platform. If I had been heavily invested in learning to use Powtoon I'm sure I could have, but it clearly was going to take more than a day or two of serious learning. A learning curve I was not interested in pursuing.

PowToon